Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9700 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
2. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 18, 2016, 11:05 PHJF

It's easier, as long as you devote yourself to melee because magic is woefully, pitifully, blindingly awful. The bosses are a fucking joke (as in, go in blind and solo most of them on the first attempt joke) and there are bonfires every three inches. I usually have more estus heals than I know what to do with.

Game should be getting a lot more shit for how minuscule its differences are compared to its predecessors. People love to rag on Call of Duty for the same reason. I bought a PS3 almost exclusively to play Demon's Souls, so it's a shame to see what was one of the most interesting and enjoyable games of a decade mired in sameness.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2016, 22:59 PHJF

No no no, a record store is surely a building or something where documents and notes and stuff are placed into storage.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 16, 2016, 10:35 PHJF

I fairly avoid the most offensive movie goers by going early in the day. This has the benefit of being cheaper, too.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 22:19 PHJF

Someone explain to me this. I have relatives living in Europe, by marriage, that seem compelled to send me articles on American politics.

They are probably trying to show you how horrified the rest of the world is at the RNC's offerings. I don't know about you but I'm certainly embarrassed by it.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
22. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 22:14 PHJF

Been holding out and playing W3 but, I'm craving something that's "what the Stalker series could've been..."

Yeah you must be joking, nothing is further from STALKER than FO4. I guess they both have... radiation?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 12:19 PHJF

Paid for by.....?

A fraction of a percentage of the defense budget, like everything else the government could spend money on right now to give tangible benefits to those citizens not fortunate enough to be suckling the teat of the MI complex.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 11:37 PHJF

Still it would be nice if companies offered a true budget option. Internet access is essential for functioning in modern society; a low tier option for $10 or $15 so they can access email from their home, job search or have easier access to social services would seem like a pertinent thing for them to offer.

Time Warner has a 2/1 option for $15. Modem rental fee (which is mandatory on AT&T now) would pretty much add nearly the same amount, but at least they still give the option of using your own.

I don't understand how AT&T can get away with advertising a rate that doesn't show MANDATORY extraneous charges. Oh, wait a sec, they bought DTV and are now like the largest provider in America; they can get away with murder.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2016, 09:57 PHJF

All the best sci-fi is "unnecessarily wordy." When painting a verbal picture of something that resides only in the mind of the author, more description is always better. Rendezvous with Rama, for example, exists only as a wordy description of an alien starship. "Alien starship" has no earthly analog.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2016, 09:47 PHJF

The problem isn't plastic, it's plastics. There are scores of independent plastics, some of which are largely indispensable, some of which are largely wasteful.  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
12. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 12:37 PHJF

Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 10:42:
What went wrong with Quantum Break PC? Well, for starters messing around with quantum realities can break any PC.

Maybe we should work toward making quantum computing a reality before we worry about quantum breaking.

36. Re: fucking bullshit christians and their bullshit fake moralilty Apr 5, 2016, 07:03 PHJF

What kind of bible study goes out of its way to clarify "no not the poor, Christians actually."

I think you'll find a great deal of so-called Christians aren't of the "help the poor" mindset. That's why they vote Republican.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2016, 22:41 PHJF

Yes, I am looking forward to another day of actually interesting and original (fake) video games announcements before being returned to the usual hopelessly bereft selection of actual modern games to play.  

News Comments > DOOM Cinematic
6. Re: DOOM Cinematic Mar 31, 2016, 22:38 PHJF

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 20:26:
I'm waiting for it to drop below $48.99 so i can get me some savings. Or better yet, I see "let's play" videos in my future.

Pretty sure GMG already had it under that to preorder.

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS
5. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 11:40 PHJF

Saitek has been owned by Mad Catz for the past 9 years. Mad Catz make the worst fucking junk on the planet, much worse even than Razer.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Free Survival Mode Plans
2. Re: Far Cry Primal Free Survival Mode Plans Mar 30, 2016, 23:44 PHJF

Bold plan for a game in which you can remote pilot an owl as if it was a drone.

I just played without using it.

I did ride my tiger all the time, though.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 22:18 PHJF

What amazes me the most is what activities are these rats doing to get spinal cord injuries. Are they driving without seat belts, or skiing too fast?

They got captured by men and women in flowing white lab coats.

74. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 01:07 PHJF

Yeah but the cost of living in CA, especially the affluent areas, is enormously out of sync with the rest of America. San Jose has <1000ft condos for easily over $500,000.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
25. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 20:24 PHJF

Is that no one really knows what the most compelling experiences in VR are/will be.

Elder Scrolls

39. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 14:23 PHJF

Oh and Bob, read Vonnegut's Player Piano if you haven't already.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 14:16 PHJF

I can see there is passion for and against this. I'm glad we had this discussion. It's been bothering me and I needed to vent a little. Even though I may not agree your reasoning I do respect your point of view.

No no no, there's no discussion on this point. The minimum wage has to rise over time. Period. ALL wages are supposed to rise to AT LEAST compensate for cost of living and inflation. Your Ayn Randian ethical sensibilities and superiority complex aside, you can't argue with simple maths. If X money is the *absolute minimum* required to live a healthy, productive, independent life in America, then Y worker should get paid at least X money, regardless of the nature of his labor. If he ISN'T, society will, in one form or another, suffer for it.

9700 Comments. 485 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo