Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9651 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Announced
1. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 10:13 PHJF

Yeah but is it non-GMO? And gluten really messes with my aura.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
35. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 22, 2016, 09:38 PHJF

Given XCOM 2's performance issues on high-end PCs, I seriously doubt they'll be able to get the game running on tablets any time soon.

There's nothing in the game remotely justifying the level of performance we are currently getting. Another day, another untested product for me to beta.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
26. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 13:29 PHJF

FF:Tactics style would be awesome, but this PC vs console nonsense... jesus guys... get over it already.

It's like they forget XCom is on ipad... and I'm sure XCom 2 will be in a few months. I bet the only reason it isn't out right now is there's zero way they could sell it at $60 on that device.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: That coffee capsule story... Feb 19, 2016, 19:38 PHJF

I believe they put a rfid on the cup/pod, and the machine won't brew w/o it (so competitors products won't work).

Surely you can't be serious... what kind of stupid bastard would buy into that system?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2016, 19:45 PHJF

The real mind blowing comes when you find out about this new invention called silverware.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 12:50 PHJF

What inspired you to spend $150 on a Logitech keyboard? Really into The Division, are you?

Comforting a crying child in virtual reality may help treat depression.

Funny, being around crying babies causes seething, nigh-uncontrollable rage, personally.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 12:08 PHJF

I always liked nuke.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 10:36 PHJF

Deadpool opens to $135,000,000 domestic, crushing the previous R-rated record set by Matrix Reloaded over ten years ago.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2016, 11:46 PHJF

Against all odds, apparently Deadpool doesn't suck. Guess I have to go see it, now...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 12:27 PHJF

Using the for all practical purposes endless supply of free energy from the sun to power stuff? What is this witchcraft?

And this isn't power from some crazy rare-earth material. It's a bunch of mirrors heating up some kind of liquid.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2016, 12:10 PHJF

Ummm you should be happy the Chinese aren't just stealing it like they have a history of doing.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2016, 15:26 PHJF

I don't think the absurd, ridiculous surcharge on 3D home video discs does the tech any favors. Couple that with the low, low release of bona fide 3D films designed with the tech in mind and you have an investment with little to no return. I'll just splurge at the theater once or twice a year when a movie worth seeing in 3D shows up.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 09:59 PHJF

Want to see Kyle Bosman land on his feet. He had a weekly op ed I've consistently watched for the past two years, much more thoughtful and introspective than anything else.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
57. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 8, 2016, 12:50 PHJF

To me they really don't add anything, but of course that's just me. I'm sure lots of people enjoy the added time pressure / difficulty. I'm just glad we can mod it away if we want to.

They would if they were a) sparingly used b) balanced and c) sensible. But having "8 turns to complete a computer hack before the transfer window closes" is remarkably arbitrary.

51. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 8, 2016, 10:08 PHJF

Yeah, they're brutal. My Grenadiers have Shred solely and alone to deal with these bastards. 2 armor is super OP against assault rifles... And that Lockdown ability is just...

I tried to hack one, but the odds are awful. 50% chance to stun, or 20% chance to takeover (temporarily). Hackers have this nebulous "tech level" and it hasn't been explained to me how to increase it.

48. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 8, 2016, 09:50 PHJF

Sectoids are a non issue, they seem to prioritize reanimation in my game, which is essentially just them wasting a turn. I think a sectoid has only actually fired on my squad once in ten missions. I had a ranger get panicked, run up to full cover, shotgun a trooper in the face, then get fired on by a turret which missed him.

MEC troopers, on the other hand... they seem to like running right past my front units to lob grenades across the map onto my rooftop-mounted snipers.

40. Re: XCOM... Feb 7, 2016, 23:56 PHJF

The problem with grenades is that most enemies pods seem to be three enemies who, when spotted, immediately spread out. I have a tough time getting the nade to hit more than one guy, and doing three damage to one unit isn't worth using an action. Whereas you could fine-tune grenade impacts in EU, now grenades have a much more rigid path.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 15:18 PHJF

I've done four timer missions and none of them were difficult. The timer only even came into play on the very first one, where my lameass rookies were struggling to kill anything. Maybe it will be an issue later on if/when maps get larger.

And you're an idiot if you buy/bought xcom from Steam. It's still 46 on GMG for NA users, and no doubt cheaper still elsewhere and for other regions.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
46. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 15:08 PHJF

Man the 90% chance to hit while flanking an enemy miss pisses me off. I'm pretty sure my grenadier needs some serious lasic

90? I have 85... when flanking... standing NEXT TO an enemy... I got my ass kicked on the second fricken mission like four times. Didn't help I had two squaddies on 20-day DL after the FIRST mission and was rolling with a pack of rookies, but still. Commander difficulty is kicking me in the pants.

The worst thing yet was when Advent dropship came in... and I had everyone surrounding the drop point on overwatch... and not a single person hits anything. Are you KIDDING?

News Comments > DOOM in May
54. Re: DOOM in May Feb 5, 2016, 16:52 PHJF

Missles were the weapon of choice for Revenants. Resurrection was something Arch-viles did; their primary weapon was immolation.  

9651 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo