Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9648 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out
6. Re: Planet Coaster Early Bird Alpha Rolls Out Mar 22, 2016, 22:48 PHJF

Then when it's released it's priced normally.

No, it was still most assuredly overpriced at release.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:44 PHJF

I had LASIK, a side effect of which is "haloing" of light sources at night, with a negative impact on nighttime driving. Either I don't think about it anymore (I had the procedure 12+ months ago) or I got used to it. Seeing double doesn't sound normal, though.  

News Comments > X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez
4. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:35 PHJF

Task wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:15:
I wonder what the main world 'threat' will be, if not aliens or perhaps different?

Donald Drumpf

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Announced
1. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Announced Mar 9, 2016, 22:31 PHJF

So long as they don't skimp on the battlecry/taunt budget...  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 7, 2016, 13:44 PHJF

I was under the impression consoles used data encryption or compression or something which basically neutered most gains an SSD would make. At least that's what I read back in PS3 era. All I know is FO4 load times on PS4 are infuriating bordering on madness.  

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
22. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 12:35 PHJF

Who the fuck cares, this doesn't stand a chance of catching on. Oh boo hoo, we won't be able to play Forza or Tomb Raider on PC without UWP? Say it ain't so. MS a) pretty much doesn't make games anymore and b) is never going to be able to afford to buy up enough of the competition for this to matter.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
13. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 14:38 PHJF

Or maybe I played ~500 hours of Titan Quest so I know a little bit about it.

Off the top of my head... Nightblade skills (my first character):

The entire top row is copied from Defender in TQ, only it's procs from dual wielding instead of shield.
Blade throwing skill is a straight copy of Rogue's knife throw.
Shadow Strike is a straight copy of Phantom Strike.

Looking at the other class trees, I see a lot more picked straight out of TQ. Charge on soldier, pox on occultist, cadence on soldier... I could go on. They aren't "subtlety different" variations, they are functionally identical to TQ skills with only the names changed.

You can make complete builds around a skill that comes on a piece of gear.

That's good to hear.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
2. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 10:04 PHJF

Similar to Titan Quest to a fault, depending on one's perspective. Nearly all the class skill trees are copy+pasted over, with a few shuffles. Using the same engine as they did and changing so little, one has to wonder why development of Grim Dawn took as long as it did.

That being said, the world is nice and big and peppered with optional little dungeons and bosses. Music is very appropriate, enemies are reasonably varied, and there's still all manner of loot to be had. While I wish they'd done more to differentiate from TQ, GD still offers an awful lot of hack'n'slash for ~$20.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2016, 16:33 PHJF

Trump refused to condemn that endorsement or say he didn't want the support of white supremacists four times.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Trump is a white supremacist.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2016, 11:01 PHJF

I would say they can't heavily award Fury Road because in the end it was a thrill ride instead of a cohesive and thoughtful narrative... but they gave Gravity best picture, so what the hell do I know. Revenant was the same, albeit with more cinematographic gusto. Boyhood was boring as fuck all but in an industry now ruled by Marvel boots, reboots, and sequels, I guess you gotta give people chops for doing something different.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
1. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 10:53 PHJF

Just started playing the FONV DLC (yeah so I don't generally give a fuck about DLC, wanna fight about it?). Honest Hearts was absolutely abysmal. Like the shittiest modder's abortive first attempt at original content.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2016, 02:03 PHJF

??? Haywire was fine. It was empty calories, exactly what it set out to be, a showcase for a) Gina's fightin chops and b) the effortlessly cool (as always) direction of Soderbergh.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2016, 13:52 PHJF

Just do what they do with Gina Carano. She didn't have many lines in Haywire, and she speaks maybe a dozen words total throughout Deadpool.

Then again hell would freeze over before, out of all Nintendo IPs, fucking Metroid gets chosen for the cinema treatment.

News Comments > Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding
8. Re: Jay and Silent Bob Game Crowdfunding Feb 24, 2016, 09:32 PHJF

I'm somewhat surprised moviepoopshoot.com doesn't exist.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2016, 15:30 PHJF

I've not replaced my 22" 1680x1050 monitor because I'm not replacing it with the same shit-ass LCD tech; OLED is still both immature and prohibitively priced, way more so than VR tech. If one of these VRs launches well, I'll happily adopt it as a primary gaming screen.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 22, 2016, 15:20 PHJF

It isn't a question of "will it work". Of course a battery works in the cold. But its efficiency is slashed, which means your range is slashed. More so than that, lots of battery energy is used heating the cabin. You can take a big dent out of the "wasted" energy by warming your car while it's still plugged in, and if you can charge at both ends of your commute, even better. Most EPVs also allow you to preheat your car via your phone. It's the Mister Coffee principle.

And of course there is ongoing R&D, both in actively warming the batteries and in more efficient cabin heating methodology.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 22, 2016, 14:20 PHJF

simply put, I don't have a lot of faith in a fully-electric car to spring to life in the middle of a Wisconsin winter.

Which is somehow different than, you know, every car starting via a battery?

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Announced
1. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 10:13 PHJF

Yeah but is it non-GMO? And gluten really messes with my aura.  

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
35. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 22, 2016, 09:38 PHJF

Given XCOM 2's performance issues on high-end PCs, I seriously doubt they'll be able to get the game running on tablets any time soon.

There's nothing in the game remotely justifying the level of performance we are currently getting. Another day, another untested product for me to beta.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
26. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 13:29 PHJF

FF:Tactics style would be awesome, but this PC vs console nonsense... jesus guys... get over it already.

It's like they forget XCom is on ipad... and I'm sure XCom 2 will be in a few months. I bet the only reason it isn't out right now is there's zero way they could sell it at $60 on that device.

9648 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo