Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9648 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Blu-ray suggestions? May 9, 2016, 13:03 PHJF

What else is fun is how you can't even rent tons of movies via streaming services. Shit like Age of Ultron is unrentable, fucking twelve months after it was in theaters, because it is exclusive to STARZ subscription service.

What the fuck are they thinking? Not stocking their product in Redbox and not letting me rent it online is supposed to make me fucking sprint over to Best Buy and pay $25 on something I ALREADY wasn't interested enough in to see at a theater??? YEAH THAT'LL SURE STOP ME JUST PIRATING IT

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
11. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 21:57 PHJF

THEN IT'S A GOOD THING IT'S $40  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
5. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 18:43 PHJF

I actually saw a damn commercial for this stupid beta. Really? a commercial for an open beta? Just, damn.

The game goes live in two weeks...

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced
32. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1000 Series Announced May 7, 2016, 18:57 PHJF

Side note! Awesome now the Titan will become cheaper. Whenever new tech is released the prior generation significantly drops in price.

No, it really doesn't, unless you buy second hand. At least as far as nvidia is concerned.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
47. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 08:21 PHJF

Melee tanks, AOE shields, Pudge Hooks, Time Rewinds, Ultimates....why do you list those things like they are a good thing?

Because they are new and different? I don't remember uber charges or CP maps being in Team Fortress, but I can't imagine TF2 without them.

It's a pointless argument because you're arguing the game is "casual" when it really isn't. Characters like Tracer require a ton of practice and skill to be competent with.

34. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:22 PHJF

None of the ultimates are instant kills, except maybe Tracer's sticky bomb. All the rest can be countered or avoided. Reaper's is probably the only clearly overpowered one.  

3. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 11:36 PHJF

It doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel and the 6v6 nature doesn't lend itself to very epic or chaotic battles, but it's fun. $40 seems like a fine price point.  

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow
3. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 5, 2016, 19:43 PHJF

OldDirtyEwok wrote on May 5, 2016, 19:25:
It's a zeppelin!

Codename Eagle 2?

25. Re: First Female President confirmed May 5, 2016, 13:36 PHJF

descender wrote on May 5, 2016, 13:22:
Getting Democrats to show up for a midterm election could only help too.

Two years is simply too short a term for representatives.

22. Re: First Female President confirmed May 5, 2016, 11:40 PHJF

We have really painted ourselves into a corner. The only way to fix the problem is pretty much to rebuild it from the ground up. But there isn't any reasonable way to do it.

Yeah, there is, actually. All you have to do is separate money from politics, specifically when it comes to elections and lobbying. Most politicians spend tons of their time trying to get money to win an election/reelection, which both encourages lobbying and discourages actual politicking. Meanwhile campaigns for national office are so prohibitively expensive a regular Joe doesn't have a shot in hell of getting the exposure necessary for a win.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
5. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 11:23 PHJF

Played a couple hours this morning... has enormous TF2 feels, except the addition of so many more characters means jobs are way more spread out and less easily defined. Seems like it would be a hell of a job balancing things out and trying to prevent ideal team makeups from drowning out certain characters.

One thing I'm finding annoying is how many characters have similar movement speed. One of the biggest balancing factors against Heavy in TF2 is how SLOW he is to get to the front line if there is no teleporter, but the scout-type classes in Overwatch don't have much of a speed advantage; all they have is height advantages, which didn't translate to much of an advantage in the maps I saw.

Anyways it was a lot of fun so far, and I only dabbled in three or four characters.

One of the issues is communication. Blizzard titles usually don't require voice comm for casual modes, but with Overwatch, it's very difficult to win without some attempt at coordination.

Not necessarily, I think the biggest issue stems from players not knowing what each character does yet and how best to fill gaps in a team's makeup. That'll naturally improve, quickly, over time.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
22. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 4, 2016, 11:20 PHJF

I hope people are paying attention to whom the publisher is... -> SEGA

Well it would have to be since SEGA owns Relic...

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 10:00 PHJF

I don't know if Mike Judge is crying or laughing his ass off right now.

He's probably writing a sequel; strike while the iron is hot, and so forth.

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
21. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 4, 2016, 09:55 PHJF

I'm not looking to send a message with my game purchases - I have too little time to game. I'm looking for something I'd enjoy.

And I'm not looking to spend money on a game that doesn't work. QA went the way of the dodo the minute "day one" patching became the norm.

Arkham Knight is such an easy example not only because of how horrifically problematic it was, but because it was one of the nvidia poster child games. It had HUGE marketing, it had a big budget, and it was a AAA title, yet still they figured an unplayable mess was somehow still acceptable to put a $60 price on? You REALLY want to give publishers that inch???

You get one shot. That's it. Zach Snynder can't ask theaters to stop showing BvS and instead show a "newer, less shitty one" in its place. The product you decide to sell is the product you own up to. Game developers have the oft-used ability to slap "remastered" and "definitive" onto their products and sell them as something new, a practice I'm never going to support but I recognize as acceptable, but trying to rewrite history to fluff up review scores sounds exactly like bull shit to me. Steam ALREADY has options to determine the technical status of a game at any given time: sort reviews by date, or simply post "is this worth it?" in the forums like everybody else does.

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
1. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 3, 2016, 20:26 PHJF

Right, give people more of a reason to sell shit, bug-ridden games that barely qualify as beta... Shit like Arkham Knight doesn't deserve a clean slate. You want to release an unfinished game, do it under Early Access like all the other shit "survival mmo" game devs do.  

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
22. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 18:35 PHJF

Have you played Borderlands before?
Character movement feels exactly like it.

That would be terrible for a game I always assumed was trying to compete with Overwatch.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2016, 13:49 PHJF

Dawn of War III Announced

Please let it be an RTS and not a fucking MOBA... article over on PCGamer says there's base building, larger engagements.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 21:59 PHJF

He still didn't like TFA but at least he understood why it happened.

It was pure marketing bunk, what more is there to understand? They lifted the old movie to appeal to old audiences, introduced puerile, vapid new characters to appeal to new audiences, and did it all with endless teases and winks instead of actually progressing the lore. The icing on the cake was the most phoned-in scoring the great John Williams has ever done.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 29, 2016, 19:40 PHJF

If I'm gaming on my PC monitor with the TV display off then there is no sound being sent to the A/V receiver over HDMI unless I have my main display hooked up through the receiver as well (hello input lag).

No, I went to great lengths to explain to you that I personally use HDMI audio without turning my TV on, which is exactly what you said you wanted to do...

And your receiver is only going to introduce lag if a) it's a piece of shit or b) you have it configured for a bunch of video enhancing options. I play PC games on my monitor or TV depending on my mood, and using my receiver-routed TV instead of a direct-connect monitor makes no difference.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2016, 16:31 PHJF

HDMI actually introduces other limitations, like the fact that it won't carry audio without video. If I'm gaming on my PC monitor with the TV display off then there is no sound being sent to the A/V receiver over HDMI unless I have my main display hooked up through the receiver as well (hello input lag).

This is patently false. My setup is that I had a DVI PC monitor, 3.5mm headset (to a discreet SPU), HDMI to receiver to TV which acts as secondary monitor. The only kink in the system was that I had to put a small piece of tape on the PC end of my HDMI cable to disable pin #19 (the hot plug detection pin). This disallows Windows of telling the receiver to shut on or off and vice versa, which makes the PC's HDMI Out active 100% of the time. If your main and secondary displays are of identical resolution (mine aren't), you can have Windows set to permanently clone the display. I have Windows set up permanently in extended desktop mode, and my main screen toggles from monitor to TV when I turn the TV on, and back when I turn the TV off (I don't know how or why it does this automatically, but it does). If I want to use headphones, I just change my primary output to the SPU.

9648 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo