Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9701 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2016, 08:37 PHJF

It was too slow. The first half of the season was just too much setup.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
19. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 2, 2016, 08:58 PHJF

Looks pretty simplistic...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 11:42 PHJF

That Chevy is ugly as sin - likely intentional so people don't buy them.

It looks like a slightly more sporty version of existing green vehicles...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 10:52 PHJF

Cyber Monday USED to be a thing, now it's just marketing bunk. Everybody just adopted a "Friday-through-Monday" sale period instead of one or the other.  

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out
21. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Rolls Out Nov 17, 2016, 12:47 PHJF

I have no doubt that one can be bad and one can be good, but it seems a bit uncanny, a bit fabricated in feel.

Apparently RCTW only "launched" to attempt to compete with Planet Coaster, and is a giant buggy mess of a game. They also dropped the price of the game with the launch in what can only be an attempt to undercut Planet Coaster. I'd read the development of RCTW was a giant mess and the game would in no way be ready for launch. Seems like Atari is just trying to fleece people by using the RCT name.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:42 PHJF

Why do you think the GOP elites were so opposed to him?

Because they feared Hillary and figured Trump was not electable. They underestimated one thing, though: the resounding stupidity of a huge swath of Americans. Electing trump is the national equivalent of a toddler throwing a tantrum. He'll probably just resign once he realizes the president doesn't actually just get all the keys to the castle and he isn't able to just fuck everything up and kick over sandcastles like he wants to. I'm sure he doesn't have any *actual* interest in governing and the whole election was just some massive lark.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 14:07 PHJF

I *didn't* request an absentee ballot but one showed up in my mailbox a few weeks ago. I threw it out and voted early in person anyways a week ago. The station was very busy (servicing a metropolitan area) but everything moved along quickly and painlessly.

Meanwhile I just drove by my actual voting station this afternoon and there looked to be maybe eight cars in the parking lot.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
9. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 16:44 PHJF

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 16:34:
Original Diablo?

What sorcery is this?!?! CHAIN LIGHTNING!! TELEPORT! CHAIN LIGHTNING! TELPORT!

Here's hoping they recreate the item duping glitch.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Samsung’s mobile division profits collapse by 96% year-over-year. Noteworthy. Oct 28, 2016, 08:49 PHJF

Samsung made $4,000,000,000 net profit in the past quarter. They aren't my words, RTFA. The company is too big and too diversified to be seriously injured by this.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 28, 2016, 07:31 PHJF

The engine was the worst part of the game. Ran and looked like garbage for the longest time, and the net code was awful  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Samsung’s mobile division profits collapse by 96% year-over-year. Noteworthy. Oct 27, 2016, 12:40 PHJF

It's noteworthy because Samsung Mobile is still profitable in the face of such a massive stumble.  

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today
22. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today Oct 24, 2016, 15:58 PHJF

In particular, listen to the bit about how many publishers have paid literally millions to big-time Hollywood actors, who get to dictate their own terms, do far less work and have never been demonstrated to lead to greater sales.

Ugh there's nothing worse for games than getting bona fide actors to do VA; Peter Dinklage's performance for Destiny was so terrible his work was retroactively removed from the game and replaced by Nolan North.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2016, 16:56 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 14:45:
PHJF wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 14:18:

Rule 34 for Overwatch in full effect.

Blizzard knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they designed their female characters.

Really?

Those two characters were designed specifically in response to women complaining about the sexualization of existing characters.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2016, 14:18 PHJF

Rule 34 for Overwatch in full effect.

Blizzard knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they designed their female characters.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2016, 11:24 PHJF

Love to play Battlefield but I'm not about to supplant my decision to never use Origin, "it's really not that bad a platform" bleating not withstanding.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 21, 2016, 09:02 PHJF

I didn't have a problem buying a PS3 right when RDR came out because Demon's Souls had come out around a half a year earlier and the PS3 had at that point a pretty compelling library of good games.

My PS4 however is almost never touched, and boasts by far the worst library of ANY PlayStation to date. Upcoming releases don't look to improve that.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 21, 2016, 08:50 PHJF

Imagine that every time you got hired for a job, two or three weeks later you had to start the whole process over again, essentially in constant job-search mode. That's the life of a voice actor. Sucks. I don't mind that they make residuals.

And every time you walk out of an audition feeling high and mighty and like you finally got a good break you pass by Nolan Fucking North on his way into the booth...

I see both sides of this argument. On the one hand, industry-wide wages for the music/TV/movie industries are way better than in video games production. While there's always fat cats absorbing most of the take, the peons in other industries do OK. Voice actors are some of the only people working on video games who likely also work in the other entertainment industries, and they perceive a wide gulf between pay/reliability for VA work on games vs. pay/reliability for VA work on anything else... especially considering some games have INSANE amounts of VA in them, loads more than in even movies. See Witcher 3:

Side handled the voice casting and recording for The Witcher 3, under lead voice director Kate Saxon. The company claims the 50 hours of main storyline for The Witcher 3 required 950 speaking roles, taking more than two and a half years to record.

But at the same time everybody and their mother knows being a games developer is a mostly horrible job with miserable hours, mountains of unpaid overtime and a constant whip on the back courtesy the slave drivers at EA or some other publishing behemoth. Bottom line being that while games VA artists probably deserve better pay... so does most everyone else in games development.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 20, 2016, 12:52 PHJF

Advertising a new console launch with old games?

But look, it's got Zelda, too!

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
15. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 20, 2016, 08:47 PHJF

That's great and all but it still needs killer apps to appeal to consumers, not tech demos. I'm a gamer. I want games.  

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
3. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 10:49 PHJF

Is buying up bankrupted IPs and slapping "xXx Edition" on them before reselling them a lucrative business practice? Guess it's easier than making your own game.  

9701 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo