Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 26, 2020
Total Comments 9980 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Terraria Sells 30 Million

20. Re: Terraria Sells 30 Million Apr 2, 2020, 09:55  PHJF 

How about a FUCKIN SEQUEL!?!?!?!?!?!?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 1, 2020, 08:20  PHJF 

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 23:34:
Working from home is exhausting when you can't leave. There becomes no difference between 8pm on a Saturday and 10am on a Tuesday. If you're awake, you may as well work. Do you want to take a break? You can walk maybe 5 feet. You're walking around significantly less, and changing gears less, so everything becomes some really weird blur. Any distinction between work and not work totally ends. Yeah, you can set boundaries, but at some point they stop feeling as if they matter. You're going to be on the same couch or seat. There's not much to do. May as well do some work, especially since you probably have Teams and Outlook on every screen you loonat and can see it's buzzing with a question.

It's not physically exhausting, it's mentally.

My GF is basically a zombie these past two weeks. I don't think it helps not having a commute (hers is normally 30-45 minutes).... she wakes up, cleans up, and sits down to work.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod

2. Re: Half-Life: Alyx No VR Mod Mar 29, 2020, 17:51  PHJF 

Ummm PSX had great emulation on the PC. Bleem didn't have the best compatibility, but it allowed you to change graphics settings. CVGS on the other hand ran pretty much exactly like a PSX. As I never owned a PSX, that was how I played most PS1 games... including like a half dozen runs through Symphony of the Night.

In fact VGS was so popular that Sony sued the creators and when the lawsuit ended in favor of VGS they bought the creators and discontinued VGS.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2020, 12:13  PHJF 

That sucks man. Does your living will include a clause for your Steam library?

I've been spending my days in the house plowing through Infinity Engine games again. Finished Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale so far. They sure don't make them like they used to.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2020, 13:23  PHJF 

Since all the restaurants are closed, Uber eats is offering “free” delivery service. So I started an order from an Indian joint, got to the end, and saw a 15% service fee on top of them wanting a 15% tip for the driver (newsflash: delivery drivers aren’t waiters). Quickly ended that experiment. Indian joints around here are already stupidly expensive, which is why I started making my own masala.

Restaurants besides Chipotle and its ilk are seriously fucked from this.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

6. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 12:19  PHJF 

Played about 20 minutes... seems really boring. Sixteen shotgun shell limit? What the FUCK? And the whole "arena" shit from the last game is apparently continued here, full steam ahead?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 17:56  PHJF 

Unfortunately, in some ways they are. There are people who make a living that way, so close the store and they are out of a job. That's a problem we are working to solve, but I suspect no matter what is done a lot of people are going to take a big hit to their long term financial health.

This is horseshit and contrary to what my governor (Ohio) says day after day. Every time he talks about essential workers he directly refers to employees of a) healthcare and b) grocery stores. But so far he only has issued a "soft request" that non-essential businesses cease operations, only going so far as to shutter restaraunts/bars/salons.

Reimbursement to out-of-work or furloughed employees is the responsibility of the state and federal government.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 15:40  PHJF 

Nearly every store that sells physical products is technically classified as "essential". Which is why they are all still open.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2020, 12:05  PHJF 

Just got back from the store (a Wal Mart, no less). They had lots of beef, lots of milk, some eggs, some potatoes, some rice, some beans. While they were sold out of prepackaged breads, they had a lot of tortillas. It's like people don't know tortillas are bread... without yeast...

Anyways I got everything I needed for enchiladas tonight Cool

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2020, 18:18  PHJF 

I like most mustards, it bar none the best is Beaver Jalepeno. It’s the only food product I will order online if I can’t find it in stores.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2020, 16:22  PHJF 

What are other mandated-shut-ins firing up this week?

Ori and the Wisps, obviously. Should be mandatory play for everyone.

News Comments > Ori and the Will of the Wisps Released

3. Re: Ori and the Will of the Wisps Released Mar 11, 2020, 13:37  PHJF 

FYI game does work in Windows 7 despite the requirements stating Win10.

It's a bit on the buggy side atm but not too bad.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2020, 16:11  PHJF 

Well COVID-19 landed in my city... and the purell is already sold out everywhere! And GOJO is headquartered here! We're all gonna die!  

News Comments > Three Game Remasters Announced

6. Re: Three Game Remasters Announced Mar 3, 2020, 12:31  PHJF 

"Everyone at Ziggurat shares a passion for classic and modern games, and we’ve turned that passion into a game company that will be unlike any other,"

Pretty sure MOST game companies are soulless dreck who don't release anything remotely original anymore.

Remaking/remastering/rewhatevering old games is about as uninspired as it gets.

News Comments > Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus

9. Re: Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus Feb 29, 2020, 15:42  PHJF 

NKD wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 15:19:
I've been assured that this is all just a fluke and America has an impenetrable forcefield preventing sick people from getting in.

No no no, it's a Democrat hoax. That's what the president says.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2020, 11:30  PHJF 

Color Out of Space is now available for rent. I'm gonna watch it tonight.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

14. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 27, 2020, 18:14  PHJF 

It was not good. The game looks like a carbon copy of Divinity.  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Feb 26, 2020, 13:04  PHJF 

Here is the problem... HM chairs are notoriously expensive, and Logitech’s G stuff is usually pretty cheap.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access This Year

7. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access This Year Feb 22, 2020, 15:57  PHJF 

I've tried twice to get into Original Sin 2 but the game is mind bogglingly, stupidly hard. As a veteran of the original game I figure I had a pretty good idea of how to handle combat and party builds, but almost every fucking battle was like hitting my head against a brick wall.  

News Comments > Are You a Game Collector?

2. Re: Are You a Game Collector? Feb 18, 2020, 10:28  PHJF 

Considering games are nearly entirely digital now... I wouldn't call having access to downloading a game "collecting" it. That's why "collector's editions" of games come with actual, physical swag, of which I have a few (none of which are remotely recent purchases).  

9980 Comments. 499 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >