Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9951 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

16. Re: Sex delays menopause, study finds. Jan 15, 2020, 12:58 PHJF

Iím still rocking windows 7 and will continue to until my programs stop working. Itís not broke, it doesnít need fixing, and I havenít had a BSOD in literally years.

I let my core PC stuff get really out of date before upgrading, and have had my current i5 with (only) 8GB and a 970gtx for four years now. I put more SSDs in it and upgraded my monitor, but until games start running like shit at 1080p I see no reason to upgrade. Stuff like my case and PSU and my peripherals I buy to last (my sennheiser headset is probably eight years old), but I tend toward mid range but functional innards.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2020, 16:39 PHJF

Mannnnnnn FFUUUCCCK the oscars again for nearly snubbing The Lighthouse, one of the most interesting and entertaining movies in a long, long while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8yeo32thiI

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2020, 14:15 PHJF

I don't appreciate developers double dipping for VR, like they did with Fallout 4 and Skyrim.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2020, 17:33 PHJF

Kxmode wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 17:25:
PHJF wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 16:42:
To whom it may concern, venerable PS4 title Horizon Zero Dawn is now offered via PSNow and streamable on one's PC.

Can you play those games on your PC via a PSNow sub?

That's what I do, I don't have a PS4 anymore and missed the past three years of its games.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2020, 16:42 PHJF

To whom it may concern, venerable PS4 title Horizon Zero Dawn is now offered via PSNow and streamable on one's PC.

I finished God of War (2018) a week ago on the service and it's a god damn masterpiece.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 27, 2019, 20:51 PHJF

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 20:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 18:30:
After I adjusted to the camp of Half Man Half Delorian Iím starting to enjoy it. Took 5 episodes.
Which half is Delorian? Front or back?

The half that is covered by actual body armor.

News Comments > Capcom Trademark Spree

6. Re: Capcom Trademark Spree Dec 19, 2019, 08:05 PHJF

Still no Dragon's Dogma 2, you mother fuckers.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2019, 15:54 PHJF

Man I signed up for the 7 day free trial of PSNow to play God of War yesterday and I've been at it non stop. It's a pretty dramatic departure from the series' roots and a stunning game.

The streaming experience is pretty good; there's obvious compression so everything looks a bit muddy and there's a slight but obviously noticeable input delay, but neither is enough to render the experience worth avoiding.

And for the record, Mandalorian is a fucking awful show.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Released

2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York Released Dec 12, 2019, 09:58 PHJF

"single-player narrative experience"

From walking simulators to this. I could call taking a shit a "single-player narrative experience," but I wouldn't try to make a video game out of it.

Though I'm sure people already have.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2019, 17:32 PHJF

For shows I really like, part of the fun of having weekly episodes is reading the discussion and speculation on Reddit. I'm think The Expanse was saved because of the community built that way.

Speculation about a show based on a series of already published novels?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2019, 07:54 PHJF

My GF has been vegetarian for some time, and since everything I cook I cook for the both of us, I haven't actually cooked meat in a long while. We are trying not to eat out as often in an effort to have better diets, so I find myself around meat less often. Easy to forgo something which isn't there.

We actually found ourselves in a Korean restaurant the other night (Koreans are famous meat addicts) and both settled on a vegetarian hot pot with tofu that wasn't that bad (they topped it with an egg so it at least had some kind of fatty flavor).

In my experience, the worst thing you can do trying to eat or prepare vegetarian food is attempt to mimic meat. It will never taste as good and will usually just turn you off vegetarianism. The only exceptions are Indian food (paneer cheese is delicious and can be used in place of meat for most any Indian entree) and fake beef crumbles, which can be used pretty effectively in Mexican dishes with enough seasoning. I make enchiladas and chili with Quorn, which has a far better texture to it than soy-based alternatives like Morningstar Farms or Boca.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 13:22 PHJF

Just went vegetarian myself... no turkey on turkey day  

News Comments > NVIDIA on Framerates in Competitive Gaming

2. Re: NVIDIA on Framerates in Competitive Gaming Dec 4, 2019, 08:13 PHJF

Because almost nobody uses SLI???

Not sure why it is so hard to understand that something costs money to develop + nobody using the thing you paid to develop = stop developing the thing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2019, 07:39 PHJF

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 20:35:
ForgedReality wrote on Dec 1, 2019, 18:24:
I ordered a Steam Controller, but then a couple days later, my money was refunded and they're now out of stock. Why would you even let me order it, GabeN!? Get my hopes up, just to dash them on the rocks. I should have learned from Half-Life 3.

Same here, and considering I wanted one to have a replacement in case mine fails and makes steamlink unusable and they didn't offer one to previous owners to begin with this just.. just.. just.. wow.

Never again.

Uhhhh my Steamlink integrates flawlessly with my PS3 pad...

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Underway and Steam Award Nominations Begin

5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Underway and Steam Award Nominations Begin Nov 27, 2019, 08:03 PHJF

As usual Steam sale is a pile of garbage, and everything is cheaper elsewhere.

Got DMC5 and RE2 from GMG for ~$15 a piece.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2019, 16:37 PHJF

For the longest time I thought VS mode was dumb and only played coop.

VS really gave the game legs once I finally recognized how much fun it was.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2019, 10:51 PHJF

So the "ignore user" function hasn't worked in a while. When I go into my settings and click "manage ignored users", the screen flashes and nothing happens. I've cleared cookies and tried in both internet explorer and firefox.

All posts from users I have previously ignored are showing up all the time (like good old waltc)

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 14:16 PHJF

My ignore list still doesnít work, nor does the new post asterisk, in firefox even after clearing site data.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

25. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 16:29 PHJF

Would love to buy this, but EGS can fuck right off...
This was the first game I was actually looking forward to that I'm passing on because of Epic.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 17, 2019, 06:51 PHJF

Lines are toed, as in, put your toes on the line.  

9951 Comments. 498 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >