Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9799 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
9. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 10:50 PHJF

Just saw it's $30. Picking it up.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Vendor links Dec 6, 2017, 14:13 PHJF

That moviepass shit is such a joke. You get movie tickets for... $9! Wow! That's sure to dent MoviePass' own pricing of $10 PER MONTH. Christ, I go to off-peak matinee times and pay as low as $5 without any gimmicks attached, and that's at these very same theaters.  

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2017, 10:02 PHJF

Are you forgetting Death Proof? Ugh, talk about soporific. And when paired with the ludicrously entertaining Planet Terror!  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 16:17 PHJF

And then Bungie claims so few players actually do them (the raids) and so we get few or no new raids to do... all the while they've made it such an enormous pain in the dick to get a group to do a raid. Raids are THE ONE THING unique to Destiny.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 13:07 PHJF

How about don't buy it because the game is content starved and marred by incredulous design decisions. Not getting a Sparrow until you've beaten the game? What the actual fuck? NO CHAT?!?

Nioh swept this game totally under the rug for me.

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
3. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:04 PHJF

No mention of the most egregious bug, that of whatever backwards ass shitty video software locking the game up on startup... 50% of time I launch game I have to ctrl alt delete and restart it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2017, 22:35 PHJF

Scored a 27" Dell IPS screen for $80. Finally getting rid of my old faithful 22" Samsung LCD...  

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
13. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 21:49 PHJF

This has nothing to do with Grim Dawn, this is some (bad-looking) mod put together by the people who bought the TQ IP when THQ went under.  

2. Re: Koenigsegg Super Car Nov 10, 2017, 11:58 PHJF

Hmmm apparently my cap was raised to 100mbps... have a download going at 13.5 MB/s right now. And it only took 15 years for metropolitan America to catch up to the rest of the world! Woo!  

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse)
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 11:38 PHJF

Don't give a shiiiitttttt I just finally get to play this kickass-looking game. DualShock 4 is charged and ready to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2017, 14:34 PHJF

Except Destiny 2 was just patched a week after release to allow support for non-SSE3 processors...  

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
2. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 14:32 PHJF

What the fuck is this even?  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
7. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 10:23 PHJF

MisterBenn wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:22:
I recommend against their advice, that you should ask your corporate IT department for help playing Destiny 2 on the network!

I found out my university (yes I am back in school, yay) blocks Steam. I literally cannot go to store.steampowered.com without a vpn.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
6. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 10:23 PHJF

Retired wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:09:
How is FOV and does it feel like a console game?

Did you not try the beta? FOV is scales from 55-105, and performance was good in general. Destiny itself never really felt like much of a console game to begin with.

It's not going to change the world or anything, but I got quite a lot out of Destiny and expect to get quite a lot out of Destiny 2. It's what Borderlands would be if it took itself seriously and had an at least competent if not evolutionary competitive component.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 12, 2017, 09:53 PHJF

Great, now I just need a killer app to warrant getting a Rift.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 10:28 PHJF

You can't levy a "Gosling has too much personality" argument against him. His best roles feature a distinct and remarkable lack of personality in his characters, from Place Beyond the Pines to Drive.

2049 is a technically genius and stunning movie that doesn't at all feel its actual length, but the story is pretty under cooked. It's right up there with films like Revenant or Children of Men that make for amazing cinematic experiences but don't leave much room for thought afterwards. In that way, 2049 is a bit of a disappointment compared to its predecessor, but it's still fantastic.

Really not surprised at all with the domestic box office reception. Nothing about it or its marketing was targeted to large demographics.

And if you haven't seen it yet, absolutely get an imax or comparable ticket; the audio and visuals were jaw-dropping at the XD theater I attended.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2017, 08:09 PHJF

There are electric currents flowing in space and that is what powers the sun, not an internal nuclear furnace.

Good god, do people believe shit like this? Take an elementary physics course. Please.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 4, 2017, 10:39 PHJF

Need reviews for Battle Chasers, game looks great (and music by Jesper Kyd!)  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 10:37 PHJF

To be fair, I eat Chipotle more than once per week... but what kind of idiot gets tacos? Everyone knows you get the most food by ordering a bowl and getting a tortilla on the side... so halfway through eating the bowl you can MAKE a complete burrito. It's two meals in one!

Also, kind of a bummer that chorizo didn't take off. I mean I love it, but it really needs cut with another meat and not taken on its own: hence, chori pollo.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2017, 10:10 PHJF

But Taco Tuesday was yesterday...  

9799 Comments. 490 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo