Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
8. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 21:00 Sepharo

But it would also not surprise me if Carmack specifically had a contract that kept his work "safe" from ZeniMax and now they're grasping at straws to get some FB money after feeling scored by Carmack.

The "Luckey increasingly held himself out to the media and the public as the visionary developer of the Rift’s VR Technology" part is pretty hilarious though. "We're suing him because he thinks he's hot shit and he ain't!!!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Animated Short
11. Re: Overwatch Animated Short Aug 19, 2016, 12:23 Sepharo

Snabel wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 06:59:
I wonder if any of these are repurposed from previously created Titan-video.
Overwatch overall is ripped pretty heavily from Titan when it comes to theme, lore and possibly even assets.

If they've actually 100% created these from scratch...well then it's even more impressive.

I think they laid these rumors to rest with the mini doc that came out right before the game. Titan content did not come to Overwatch, just the same developer team.

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
4. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 16:43 Sepharo

DrEvil wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:45:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 12:45:
The only thing that was missing from the original. Congrats there guys, you've now crushed what was left of simcity.

Not quite, SimCity still has a better and quite frankly, less ugly, UI. I also absolutely loathe the stupid bird ticker thing.

I like Skylines for the most part, but the UI is still pretty infuriating at times and economy planning doesn't seem to work out as well.

SimCity's UI may have a few issues, but at least it is consistent and far more pleasant to look at.

The only thing I agree with here is the bird... but like the very first mod for this game was to turn it off. And I have to assume the option to turn it off is now officially in the game as well by this point.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
32. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 17, 2016, 02:31 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 02:04:
Maybe it's just me but I'd be perfectly fine with an isometric Bloodlines 2. Bloodlines wasn't defined by its perspective(s). It was defined by the quality of its writing and roleplaying options and isometric RPGs are perfectly capable of both (see Planescape Torment, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum, Pillars of Eternity, etc).

Redemption wasn't really known for either its writing or roleplaying. It was closer to a JRPG than a CRPG.

But this is a FPS only effect:
http://i.imgur.com/nFBpO4j.jpg

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
10. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 20:42 Sepharo

Malvok wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 20:32:
I just don't understand how these MOBA games can outright copy each other. This whole lane, minion, tower, heroes with abilities and ultimates, buying gear, it's all the exact same game!

Those elements, and variations and modifications to them is the whole genre. You can make a similar complaint about MP FPS DM. They all have online players, guns, spawn points, scoreboards, and increasingly loadouts, XP, unlockables.

I think the core defining aspect of a MOBA is the AI "mobs" that you stop or support depending on the team and the structures or bases on either side of the map that you protect or attack with the mobs.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month
19. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta This Month Aug 16, 2016, 20:28 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 04:18:
The only thing this trailer does for me is make me think how cool this could all be with a Star Wars skin because tha....oh wait...

Hahaha

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
8. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 20:24 Sepharo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 15:00:
I'm not sure what MOBA actually means.. Multiplayer Online Battle Arena...

Quake 1 death match is a MOBA right?
Quake Teamfortress is a MOBA right?
CounterStrike is a MOBA right?
DOTA Is a MOBA right?
League oF Legends is a MOBA Right?
Overwatch is a MOBA right?
Battleborn is a MOBA right?
Wouldn't WoW's PVP be consider a MOBA?

Like how is this fully defined? The words together encompass a variety of gaming titles.

To me, the only MOBAs are LoL & DOTA, but Since I haven't played Overwatch/Battleborn.. those could fall under two teams killing structures which would be a MOBA?

I'm positive that you generally know what a MOBA is... your argument is in that same annoying vein as "RPG means role playing game, aren't all games role playing games?!"
Sigh

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
63. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 10, 2016, 01:43 Sepharo

For crowds yeah but I'm not sure that applies to NPCs for like fights and quests and what not. Could be wrong though.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Vanguard Video
8. Re: LawBreakers Vanguard Video Aug 9, 2016, 16:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 16:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 12:46:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 02:46:
* crickets *

"We want old school games, not this MOBA crap, not all this competition crap!"

CliffyB makes that game.

*crickets* and/or "CliffyB is a douche!"

I mean, yeah, the marketing for this does scream CliffyB, but it looks kind of fun. Like Battlewhatever, or whatever Randy Whoseitwhatits game was, this will probably be steamrolled by that Blizzard game, but it still looks unique (with a generic art style.)

I can't see myself playing, though. Too little time, too much FTL.

* Beamer leans back in his chair bathed in the blue glow of the monitor. He clicks the mouse and mainlines another hit of FTL. He knows it will be another 24 hours before he logs into the forum again to check the threads. Pausing, his eyes only half opened, he smiles broadly. *

lol

I saw an episode of the addiction show or whatever it was an it was about vices like sports gambling and dog fighting. Watching some documentary narrator talk seriously about some average guys on the couch watching football was so weird. "Bill's team has just missed the extra point... Bill is devastated and his friends are nervous about what he might do." And there's like a bowl of cheetos in front of the plush leather couch and some bud light cans. lol

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
7. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 8, 2016, 21:04 Sepharo

SESNut wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 20:55:
so its spore...

It was certainly a disappointment but I think Spore had a lot more mechanics than you guys are giving it credit for. At least more than NMS appears to have. Like there was that whole RTS aspect to it, terraforming, trade, different game types/genres at the different levels of evolution, etc.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Details
14. Re: Dishonored 2 Details Aug 8, 2016, 19:26 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 00:15:
Not sure why people thinking killing people is so much more fun than being stealthy but then, I like stealth games and when I play stealth games, I don't even neutralize enemies. 100% ghosting. I guess I'm in the minority of people who enjoy that playstyle, though.

Leaving "fun" out of it... playing ghost (which is also what I did for the short amount of time I played it) just feels like you are missing out on 80% of the game mechanics since this game was so power heavy. But then again in BioShocks 1 through 3 I just used like the rifle and melee the entire time... I'm not very good at using a variety of powers, I like to find the one thing I'm efficient at and just use it everytime.

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
17. Re: StarCraft II HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 16:42 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 15:04:
Flatline wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:02:
Sure why not? Blizzard is basically porting every idea they ever had into every other game they make.

I expect to see Demon Hunters in Overwatch in the next year.

Illidan was in the first batch of heroes.

Where'd you get this from? I'd like to know more about failed/dropped heroes.

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 16:16 Sepharo

That DM6 definitely has new routes. On the far side of the map where the jump pad to the grenade launcher and tall square columns? That has a new path on along the wall, right? And the other side of that area looks like a completely different layout.

But hey, I guess it could be closer than I think.

News Comments > Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer
14. Re: Quake Champions Gameplay Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 15:00 Sepharo

Theo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 09:56:
loved the fact that was totally DM6 form Q3 ;-)

You know I thought it was too, but the more I looked it I realized it wasn't. It has some familiar elements but I don't think it's the same layout. Or if it is it has been heavily modified (layout wise).

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
24. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:55 Sepharo

I don't know how it could have been construed as anything other than agreeing with him. But whatever, if you didn't agree with him that's fine, I misunderstood.  

20. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:09 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Uh... well, seeing as how I was talking about my taste in games I don't know how you can confuse "I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me" to mean you.

Here's a post of yours in this thread before my reply...

Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 01:21:
Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

I guess 10-15 years ago we were the idiots who drank Blizz's Kool-Aid.

The obvious implication being that people who enjoy Overwatch are now the idiots who drink Blizzard Kool-Aid.

19. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:06 Sepharo

Oops a typo, everything I said was invalid.

But yeah, no idea how that happened. Like yall pointed out, wurst werd for that to happne on two.

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 02:45 Sepharo

Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
22. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 22:47 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 21:45:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 16:38:
Despite hundreds of reddit and battlenet forum posts claiming it's there... Blizzard says it isn't.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460

I'm more apt to believe Blizzard than the angry people in forums who claim to have cracked the code.

A friend I used to play with is one of these "I KNOW!" people who make claims of fact without anything but anecdotal evidence. He has plummeted himself to competitive 42 bitching about the matchmaking all of the way while the rest of us are sitting on 55+ these days. After my placements I was 58 and made it to 60... tanked with this guy and some of my other friends down to nearly 50 and now I'm at 56 without him. He doesn't want to face it, but his strats like offensive Torb and Symmetra is cancer.

In terms of win rates I'm at 55 in quickplay and 54 in competitive.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

But the post you just linked says Blizzard does exactly what I said.... they split the lobby after a few rounds to assign new enemy team. For me this always lead to loss streaks. Also remember that in b.net EU there aren't as many players as there are in b.net US, this leads to bigger MMR differences in quickplay

I think you are right and I had some crazy bad luck as I definitely don't have a losing streak now but doesn't change the fact that apparently I can fix my bad luck by hitting quit when that lobby split happens ^^

Anyway.. Lucio Ball is AWESOME so I can't say I don't have fun in Overwatch ever since that is a thing. Maybe I need to play this more to see real MM happening.. on that note, the site you have there doesn't find me ;/

Ps.: I actually played Overwatch since that recent patch to see whether I now like it or not.. didn't notice any server issues.. but Lucio Ball aside, I can't say I don't like it in it's current state So actually this might be the proverbial patch that makes this game fun (for me).

I didn't catch at first that you were talking about same lobby. I thought you meant you were restarting the whole client. In competitive you get a new matchup every time... and even quickplay I feel like it's rare to stay in the same lobby, most people leave. Yeah I definitely don't continue playing in the same lobby if I'm paired with bozos, but I feel like that's a different topic altogether... I was talking about how people literally think the MM works by giving you a loss after a win and on and on... that's what I thought your first post was about.

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
20. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 16:38 Sepharo

Despite hundreds of reddit and battlenet forum posts claiming it's there... Blizzard says it isn't.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460

I'm more apt to believe Blizzard than the angry people in forums who claim to have cracked the code.

A friend I used to play with is one of these "I KNOW!" people who make claims of fact without anything but anecdotal evidence. He has plummeted himself to competitive 42 bitching about the matchmaking all of the way while the rest of us are sitting on 55+ these days. After my placements I was 58 and made it to 60... tanked with this guy and some of my other friends down to nearly 50 and now I'm at 56 without him. He doesn't want to face it, but his strats like offensive Torb and Symmetra is cancer.

In terms of win rates I'm at 55 in quickplay and 54 in competitive.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

7639 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo