Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Breaking Bad Game TMed
14. Re: Breaking Bad Game TMed Jun 27, 2015, 23:18 Sepharo

Krowen wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 21:40:
You're always in the minority about pretty much everything, one might even say it stopped being a coincidence long ago. Glacial pacing in a show with 13 episodes in a season hahaha. How about you blame yourself for having the attention span of a squirrel?

Looking forward to a Breaking Bad video game, make it an RPG!

Right on new Krovven

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
23. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 27, 2015, 21:17 Sepharo

Rigs wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 16:33:
Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 11:57:
Krovven wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 23:29:
Rigs wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 22:23:
Hey, Krovven, are you posting with two different accounts by chance? There's another poster that has a 'w' instead of 'v v' and I was wondering if that was also you? Nothing by it, just curious...

=-Rigs-=

Nope someone just trying to be funny most likely.

I noticed that when the account was registered, and would have taken action if it was some sort of troll attempt. But that handle actually appears to be based on that user's real name, and there is no indication that he is posting under that name to deceive anyone. Apparently it is just coincidence.

Interesting. I wonder if he knows? It just made me do a double take because he didn't sound like Krovven when he posted and then I noticed it was just registered and I got curious...
=-Rigs-=

Hah, I saw him post the other day and was like, "Did Krovven just say 'yo' ?" Didn't notice that it wasn't him but you're right it didn't sound like him.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 27, 2015, 03:41 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 02:47:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:46:
I don't know what kind of age limits there are on holding a seat in the FCC (if any), but maybe we could start by changing the age requirements for the United States Presidency from minimum 35 to minimum 21, maximum 45. We could do similarly with other branches and positions.

That would help bring government around to more accurately representing the future rather than the past. Get all these old, clueless fucks that time left behind the fuck out of positions of power.

21 year old President... oh dear... well I guess he/she would still be smarter than Obama.

Bernie would be out too, he's a 73 year old man.
Looks great for it though.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2015, 02:45 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 02:40:
I've had pretty good experience with Kickstarter as well. Certain people around here like to shit on Kickstarter and act like Kickstarter should sit there and pass value judgments on every project and kill anything that doesn't look like a sure thing, but I think that's a lot of bullshit.

If you have a functioning brain you can figure out which projects are worth backing and end up pretty satisfied. You can also figure out which projects are maybe risky but you really want to support and you don't mind losing $15 if it ends up sucking.

Yep Yep

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
17. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 01:24 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:51:
There is another certain "scam" going on, or perhaps a better way to label it is "gaming the system", but in many multiplayer games, the steam refunds policy is biting players in the ass right now, with cheaters purchasing games for almost exactly 1 hour and fifty minutes, going to wreck shit on servers where they got owned and can't compete properly, and then getting a refund and repeating the process. VAC and the other assorted anti-cheats out there don't catch them generally in this small window of time and I've not heard of anyone being punished for this behavior. This is happening in many steam multiplayer games currently.

That doesn't sound sustainable. Can somenoe refund/purchase/refund on the same game and on the same account? Even if they use different accounts doesn't each one still need a credit card? Should be easy to stop someone abusing that repeatedly.
How did you become aware of this scam?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2015, 21:32 Sepharo

Saboth wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 20:48:
Many banks now charge you fees if you actually go inside to do business instead of handling it online,

Never heard of this... but I also never go in banks.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
8. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 26, 2015, 18:26 Sepharo

If the full scope of the trade can not be displayed on the trade window then you are likely getting scammed. And if Valve capitulated to scam reimbursement then it would be Valve getting scammed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 20:37 Sepharo

LittleMe wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 10:44:
Steam needs a way to sort games by date purchased. Please.

It's done this for a few months now (longer?). When you sort your games by "recent" it includes unplayed/uninstalled games by purchase date among the others. A very welcome improvement since I used to have to go into my account history just to see if I had bought something and forgot.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Trailer
21. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 02:49 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 01:40:
In the face of evidence contradicting to your viewpoint, attack the source.

Yawn-zies.

I said it was a good article. They definitely worked on and changed a bunch of stuff. But as a software developer, the rewrote every part bit is funny to me.

19. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 01:25 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 16:25:
It's pretty clear from the article that they ended up rewriting every part of the engine in a major way [...]

Software engineers tend to exaggerate this kind of stuff, especially when speaking to a layperson

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Jun 22, 2015, 01:22 Sepharo

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 10:22:
I bought Nidhogg, which is weird but fun. Ugly as sin, though. I'm a-ok with pixel art but "art" doesn't describe Nidhogg.

Its style is like the original Prince of Persia but on Atari 2600.

16. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 21, 2015, 00:23 Sepharo

That's a great article thanks.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 20, 2015, 18:14 Sepharo

My parents (early 60s) have had tablets going on 3 years now too and they donated their (mostly broken) PC to charity. I don't think they touched it once since getting tablets. As far as gaming goes, my mom has crossword and trivia apps and my dad plays free slot machine apps.  

13. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 20, 2015, 16:52 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 16:35:
Titanfall actually had to rewrite Source networking stack to make fast-paced multiplayer work.

This interests me greatly... but doing some quick googling has returned nothing.
Do you happen to know where you learned this from?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2015, 23:09 Sepharo

That was a surprisingly good article.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 19, 2015, 23:08 Sepharo

He's a StarCraft 2 legend.
Like you're a Blue's News legend.
Context.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2015, 03:36 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 02:50:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 21:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:29:
In the past devs made games to make a good game. Today, corporations make games to make money. It's really that simple, and it's obvious in the game design.

Both have always existed.
You may be forgetting about a landfill full of Atari games.

Jesus Christ it's not the Golgotha, its a couple of shitty games buried cos they didnt sell. The business has always been about the money, it's just that the further back you go, the more important substance over style was, there was no fancy graphics, no spindoctoring, no overbloated marketing budgets, gameplay was king. Gameplay SOLD games. This is just not true today. Now and again we get a great game that bucks this trend, like GTAV or Witcher3, but for the most part publishers are selling you shit in a box. Shit that smells and looks great, but still tastes like shit when you bite down into it.

Games that buck the trend... also something that occurred in the past. Go ahead go on ebay and get a grab bag of floppy disks tell me how many are any good. Play some random early CD Rom games, grab one of those 1000 games in 1 deals. Mostly crap isn't new. You remember the good ones better.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 21:42 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:29:
In the past devs made games to make a good game. Today, corporations make games to make money. It's really that simple, and it's obvious in the game design.

Both have always existed.
You may be forgetting about a landfill full of Atari games.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
11. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 03:08 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 03:07:
I'm pretty sure this game will have a pretty healthy lifespan. Blizzard already has a built-in fanbase and the game looks tailored for eSports.

Yep that's what I meant by it.
But Titanfall should have progressed that way too but it was handled like garbage.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
9. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 02:19 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 02:13:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 01:07:
This will probably be the first Blizzard game I buy since the launch of WoW in 2004. I'm not super excited for it and I'll probably get bored with it quickly... but it does look like they put a lot of effort into design and gameplay on their TF2 clone they have here. I'm always down for top fragging in some fast paced MP.

Why would you buy a F2P game?

Fine ... "buy into"
To get me to install whatever Blizzard's Steam client is these days.

Edit: Kind of like Titanfall did for Origin I guess
I guess the positive is that Blizzard has ridiculous fanboys who will give this a big community that hopefully won't die as quick.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo