Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 16:05 Sepharo

I pay $80 for 75 Mbps but I've seen it go to 90 Mbps lately.

Then I pay for Amazon Prime and Netflix (recently canceled Hulu).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 14:38 Sepharo

The future of food is actually insects.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 13:39 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:34:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:20:
Verno tying for second by picking all the favored picks.
Looks like 3 others did the same.

I don't trust the favored thing, its a combination of historicals and my gut. I thought most of the week one picks were no brainers but of course we always get a few surprises like the Rams and the Bills.

I do often check what a few analysts think but that's mainly for my fantasy and survivor league since I have a bit of money in those.

I almost went with all the favored picks but then mixed in three against-the-grain (won't say they're upsets) picks... And got all three of those wrong. So mix that in with the other 3, I got 6 wrong.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 13:20 Sepharo

Verno tying for second by picking all the favored picks.
Looks like 3 others did the same.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
9. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 12, 2015, 03:40 Sepharo

This game has far more gameplay than Dear Esther (which has zero from my measure). People calling it a walking simulator and that the puzzles are trial and error just don't know how to pay attention to a game like this properly.

I love stuff like this that doesn't have the handholding. Unfortunately the puzzles do get pretty formulaic. Each zone has a clue find combined with a puzzle, then after you complete all that you need to piece together the events in the order that they happened (yes you can brute force / trial and error this but it's far more rewarding to actually sit back and give it some thought). Also each area features an extra puzzle / hidden scene told from the perspective of Ethan (that then unlocks a page of his stories/diary), some of these extra scenes are really neat.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2015, 03:20 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 07:44:
And the comms were coach to coach, not coach to player.....

I'm wary of calling it foul play as well, but what I've quoted there from you isn't correct. Belichick himself said they were having problems communicating with Brady last night.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Born
13. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Born Sep 11, 2015, 04:09 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 02:28:
Pandas are from China, hence fake Pandas

What does this even mean?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 16:50 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 16:01:
Looks like almost 50 entries in the BN Football picks, and another 15 or so in the spread league.

HAVE FUN! Good luck.

Do other player picks not show up in the grid until after they lock?

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
24. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 9, 2015, 23:12 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 14:24:
Bodolza wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 23:05:
You're narrowing the definition of EDM to fit your point of view. It stands for Electronic Dance Music.

From 1969: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OMfUleLFM

So, because this cheap Beach Boys knockoff has a guy dancing (if you can call it that) and some bizarre electronic effects for 10 seconds in the middle of the song, it is EDM? I don't think so.

You should probably read up on the guy.

News Comments > SMITE on Steam
6. Re: SMITE on Steam Sep 8, 2015, 20:56 Sepharo

Makes me wonder why it wasn't on there before. They seem to be hinting that Steam didn't have good quality free to play games before? Or wasn't supporting them? Not really sure where they would get that from... Once they were possible they were possible.. what was the hold up?  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2015, 00:11 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 23:58:
PHJF wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 17:14:

Food actually DOES NOT taste better with salt.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. The day I eat a potato without salt is the day I chop my dick off and braise it for a savory bolognese.

*shakes head

But you aren't eating the tater cause you like it, you are eating it bc you like the salt.....

Salt is an additive, an enhancer. A salted potato doesn't taste the same as a salted green bean. By your logic there they should taste the same? Or at least you'd enjoy both the same simply because you're in it for the salt?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2015, 21:51 Sepharo

The guys whose job it is to formulate something tasty will tell you that it's just a balance between 3 things, fat, salt, and sugar.  

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
10. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 21:25 Sepharo

Flatline wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 20:41:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 7, 2015, 14:47:
  • PewDiePie becomes first YouTuber to hit 10 billion views.

• All hope is lost

I don't watch youtube game videos generally as a rule anyway because they are boring as fuck and I'd rather play a video game than watch someone play a video game.

So that being said, what's the appeal of PewDiePie?

He plays games and says things some people consider funny while he plays them.
    If you need any other mysteries solved let me know, I'm pretty good at this I think.

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
    66. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 5, 2015, 14:39 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 11:23:
    I was not trying to solve all the ills of these forums by getting you to change your name... but it would put an end to a lot of pointless confusion, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to make this some sort of matter of principle.

So my counterpoint to your point: I could delete every post that every user in this thread has a problem with (which, as I say, is an entirely separate issue), and it would not solve the problem your username is causing. You changing your name back is a behavior that has consequences for other people, including me.

Is his user name really causing a problem? It only seems to be brought up by hostile posters (and yourself I guess). What's the downside to some temporary confusion, "Oh I thought you were Krovven/Krowen, sorry I see you're a different poster." That's the reasonable reaction.

The real problem here wasn't with name confusion. Axis knows they are two different names, his theory (even though he himself evidently finds it ridiculous) is that Krovven registered a new similar name to sockpuppet for him. Krovven called you (obviously a mistake) to just confirm that they're separate posters, he could have just linked to your post when you said it previously.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
    9. Re: Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: Sep 4, 2015, 14:46 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 12:06:
    He's got Thimbleweed Park coming up next, no rush for Monkey Island.

Also The Cave was great.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
    64. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 01:49 Sepharo

Bundy wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:58:
    Sepharo wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:39:
    Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 22:56:
    Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
    Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
    It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

So you're just not reading the other posts that have pointed out that matchmaking and server browsers can both exist at the same time... and that this particular developer already has BF4 with matchmaking and a server browser on both consoles and PCs... and that this game uses the same engine as that game?

I'm saying that the PC version follows the console dev. Clearly, the server browser was removed, probably b/c console users didn't use it much. So it got dropped, which propagated to all versions.

Why I even bother commenting on these threads is because I'm still shocked at that after more than a decade of PC gamers getting shafted by EA, Microsoft and all the other players in the gaming industry that put all their money and effort to where the profits are (consoles), that people here are still shocked when stories like this come out. Of course a PC centric feature was dropped from a AAA game. This is barely news.

So go ahead and rage about it. Boycott whatever you like, they won't change a damn thing. Not until there's a bigger market and money to be made in PC gaming. That's all they care about.

You were the one talking about cutting out matchmaking... no need for that.

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
    49. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 3, 2015, 00:44 Sepharo

lol at Axis being certain that you two are the same person.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
    62. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 00:39 Sepharo

Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 22:56:
    Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
    Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
    It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

So you're just not reading the other posts that have pointed out that matchmaking and server browsers can both exist at the same time... and that this particular developer already has BF4 with matchmaking and a server browser on both consoles and PCs... and that this game uses the same engine as that game?

38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 19:35 Sepharo

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:22:
    Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:14:
    When I logged into the site this year it gave me the option to automatically join 2015 for what its worth. It'll probably take an OOTB announcement and a few days to get everyone signed up again.

I got as far as it asking me for the group password...have we been given one for this year?

It's in the General Forum on Bat's post.
    But the pw is: bn
    I mean if it's going to be posted somewhere not locked down anyway I guess it may as well be here.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 00:53 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 17:42:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT's TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

79 People in regular NFL Pick 'EM League last year. I wasn't going to run it this year, but that is a pretty good turnout. There is a setting in the league to drop your worst week, I will turn that on, to give you one whoops I didn't get picks in, or something happens.

PLEASE ONLY ENTER ONE TEAM PER LEAGUE - to make things easier, when you name your entry, use your BN handle.

If I see players jumping in and out of the league to improve positions, I will just take those teams out - this is for fun, let's keep it that way.
    - I may just lock the league in week 2 or 3, as we have most people on there by now, maybe some will join now to be included?

Good luck everyone. Two leagues again this year.
    1. Is here, and a regular pick em league. Congrats to Verno last year. With a pretty amazing 99.3%.

2. Is here, a SPREAD league, gotta play the points. Congrats to "bpar", sorry, don't remember who that is, who had a very impressive 99.5% in the spread league. Lets try and get more members in this one, very challenging, only have 20 people right now.

Here is a link to the forum with joining information if you need group name and pw.

If there are other settings you would like to see changed, throw it in the forum. Thanks.

/Might show you the 2014 season, you have to join the 2015 season. Click where it says 2014 in the tabs, 2015 is in the dropdown.

That's actually a link to last years pick em league, but it's easily changed by using the dropdown with the year.

Edit: Oh lol, maybe I should read your whole post. Leaving this so nobody can say I ain't honest.

7639 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 34.
    < Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo