Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7528 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
113. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 05:04 Sepharo

Ucrazy  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
109. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 04:06 Sepharo

Zandog wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 02:48:
Bluesews use to have technically mind, intelligent posters and commenters. It seems those people have been chased away. I've been a Bluesnews reader since 1997. I don't know anymore.

It's been mostly the same posters for more than the past decade.
And if you go back and read the comments from over 10 years ago they were much worse than you see now. But don't let me stand in the way of you drubbing Blue's, a site you've read since 1997, just because you've got blinders on regarding this game.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2015, 04:11 Sepharo

Wow it's MegaRace 22 years later Race  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
37. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 9, 2015, 01:35 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 23:40:
*Trusted vendors (MS, RHEL, VMWare, Cisco, etc) are a huge deal in large enterprise environments. Anything that could possibly lower uptime and stability are huge no-noes.

**Compliance is also another big deal. This means that all of your servers follow a procedure for racking all the way to deployment. Usually, any deviation from that has to have a justifiable BUC (Business Use Case). "It makes it pretty" is not even close to a justifiable BUC.

I make enterprise software for a living. I guess all the enterprises we work with just don't give a shit.

36. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 9, 2015, 01:32 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 23:44:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 23:06:
If you guys aren't installing classic shell on your 8, 10, Server 2012 you're crazy.
Welcome to the wonderful world of SOX.
I have no idea what you mean but I feel like it must be one of these 3.

SOX (operating system), a UNIX clone developed in Brazil in 1980s
Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, a United States federal securities law
Schema for Object-Oriented XML, an XML schema language

33. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 23:06 Sepharo

If you guys aren't installing classic shell on your 8, 10, Server 2012 you're crazy.

There are a ton of preset styles to choose from (different versions of Windows etc.) but you can also highly configure and customize each one to make it whatever you want.

Here's a screenshot of how I have mine setup on 8.

I sometimes forget there's a Metro menu/overlay thing at all.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
136. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 04:39 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 04:10:
Post 130. That's just one. There are a few others but I don't feel like going through the entire thread again.

There is no defense of Star Citizen in that post, just good ol' fashioned dsmart bashing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
134. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 8, 2015, 04:03 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 03:24:
Loving it how all the fanboys are resorting to personal attacks against Derek, since the walls of text from the RSI forums are factually and practically bullshit. Not that he doesnt have it coming, but here is a bit of logic for you:

Defending Star Citizen's abysmal project management, and development by personal attacks against people online, big, small or douchy, wont make your game come along any faster, or even 'magically' better, or....wait, did I say game? What game? Starcitizen at this point is a Hangar, a DM arena module, and art concept ships (and has been for some time)

The writing is on the wall, you can choose to ignore it but that wont make it dissapear.

You're not reading the posts if you think defense of Star Citizen is what's going on.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID: THE PHANTOM PAIN Trailer
3. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID: THE PHANTOM PAIN Trailer Jul 7, 2015, 23:56 Sepharo

I cut into the video randomly and watched Snake attach a hot air balloon to a body that briefly floated and then quickly flung into the air. Immediately after Snake's arm detached and turned into a remote controlled slow moving rocket that the enemies somehow didn't notice, navigated through a building and then exploded.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 6, 2015, 01:56 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 21:18:
humanity had their chance and they are about to blow it - it wont be long now until the shit really hits the fan

Humans have been saying this ever since they could imagine it.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1152. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jul 6, 2015, 01:54 Sepharo

Think again.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
34. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 01:51 Sepharo

We use 8.1 at work. Throw classic shell on there and it's the best Windows I've used. Still have 7 at home but will probably do the free 10 when it launches.  

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 01:47 Sepharo

How is this the first time I'm hearing of Line of Defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYGgju1R2o
This video of this guy struggling to play the game has a youtube comment from Derek Smart telling the guy to RTFM in only the beautiful way dsmart can.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 02:15.

News Comments > ELEX Announced
17. Re: ELEX Announced Jul 4, 2015, 15:05 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 13:41:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 18:15:
Cutter is actually a bit right here. Historically "acronym" only referred to abbreviations by initials that were pronounceable... but that's been changing.

Via wiktionary:
1. An abbreviation formed by (usually initial) letters taken from a word or series of words, that is itself pronounced as a word, such as RAM, radar, or scuba; sometimes contrasted with initialism.
2. A pronounceable word formed from the beginnings (letter or syllable) of other words and thus representing the phrase so formed, e.g. Benelux = the countries Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg considered as a political or economic whole.
3. Any abbreviation so formed, regardless of pronunciation, such as TNT, BBC, IBM, or XML.

#3 was the only one I was familiar with.

Pronounceable as a word is different to "predicated on an actual word". I've never heard of the later. Definitions can change from country to country or even within countries. Summer starts on the 1st of June for me regardless of when Blue welcomes it in OotB, so it's technically possible that Cutter is right from his point of view. Technically.

That why I said a bit right
He hinted at a point of contention I didn't realize existed, he just didnt get the specifics exactly right but was pretty close.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2015, 19:51 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 19:33:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 22:49:
Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 21:47:
Silent Bob wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:54:
Well, a huge portion of the game world is clearly there for multiplayer. I never had a reason to visit the wind farm in single player, but then they have you race jets at insanely low altitude through it in multi.

There was one mission in single player on PC where you had to fly through the wind farm with choppers.

A bounty for Trevor is in there as well I believe.

I don't think so. I just recently did all of those on PC and I don't recall going over there.

You might be thinking of the quarry which is nearby.

I thought there was a bounty there as well. If it wasn't a bounty, then it must have been a strangers & freaks or something because I do remember going there for some reason. There also was a heist mission where you had to fly a helicopter through the wind farm to lose the Merryweather helicopters chasing you. Since heists have two ways of completing them, you probably didn't chose that option. I re-played each heist to try both options, but I don't remember which heist it was.

Yeah I recall a few missions over there. But they weren't a Bounty mission.

News Comments > ELEX Announced
15. Re: ELEX Announced Jul 3, 2015, 18:15 Sepharo

Cutter is actually a bit right here. Historically "acronym" only referred to abbreviations by initials that were pronounceable... but that's been changing.

Via wiktionary:
1. An abbreviation formed by (usually initial) letters taken from a word or series of words, that is itself pronounced as a word, such as RAM, radar, or scuba; sometimes contrasted with initialism.
2. A pronounceable word formed from the beginnings (letter or syllable) of other words and thus representing the phrase so formed, e.g. Benelux = the countries Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg considered as a political or economic whole.
3. Any abbreviation so formed, regardless of pronunciation, such as TNT, BBC, IBM, or XML.

#3 was the only one I was familiar with.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 18:20.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 22:49 Sepharo

Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 21:47:
Silent Bob wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:54:
Well, a huge portion of the game world is clearly there for multiplayer. I never had a reason to visit the wind farm in single player, but then they have you race jets at insanely low altitude through it in multi.

There was one mission in single player on PC where you had to fly through the wind farm with choppers.

A bounty for Trevor is in there as well I believe.

I don't think so. I just recently did all of those on PC and I don't recall going over there.

You might be thinking of the quarry which is nearby.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
61. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 20:59 Sepharo

Krowen wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 20:54:
Not that its really any of your fucking business but I make good money and was smart with financial decisions in my youth so I have disposable income now. Some people spend $1500 on sports and beer, I spend $1500 on games. Also in my awesome Nintendo amiibo collection, seriously mine owns and I don't care what shitty thing you have to say about it mr "plan foolish"

I'm spending $2,000+ to watch american football in London this year.
But I guess I do get a week long UK trip out of it.

It's all fleeting though, I don't get to keep anything but the memories and ticket stubs.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Gun Metal Update Jul 2, 2015, 20:50 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 19:54:
*yawn

I can't believe they are charging for this considering how much money they make on the game every day.

Did you make it to the end? Blue only mentions one free map but there's a lot more free stuff than that:
Don't worry, frugal guy, we've got you covered too! A new Valve map! Three new community maps! Taunts! A new way to equip new weapons in-game for free! Loads of class and weapon changes! Check out the details here. You guys, this is a big update. And it lands tomorrow, so check back.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2015, 18:45 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 16:51:
Vote for, "Fuck the two party system"

FINALLY, we agree! :)

Well... it won't "count".

7528 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo