Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7566 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
66. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 5, 2015, 14:39 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 11:23:
I was not trying to solve all the ills of these forums by getting you to change your name... but it would put an end to a lot of pointless confusion, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to make this some sort of matter of principle.

So my counterpoint to your point: I could delete every post that every user in this thread has a problem with (which, as I say, is an entirely separate issue), and it would not solve the problem your username is causing. You changing your name back is a behavior that has consequences for other people, including me.

Is his user name really causing a problem? It only seems to be brought up by hostile posters (and yourself I guess). What's the downside to some temporary confusion, "Oh I thought you were Krovven/Krowen, sorry I see you're a different poster." That's the reasonable reaction.

The real problem here wasn't with name confusion. Axis knows they are two different names, his theory (even though he himself evidently finds it ridiculous) is that Krovven registered a new similar name to sockpuppet for him. Krovven called you (obviously a mistake) to just confirm that they're separate posters, he could have just linked to your post when you said it previously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
9. Re: Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: Sep 4, 2015, 14:46 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 12:06:
He's got Thimbleweed Park coming up next, no rush for Monkey Island.

Also The Cave was great.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
64. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 01:49 Sepharo

Bundy wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:58:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:39:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 22:56:
Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

So you're just not reading the other posts that have pointed out that matchmaking and server browsers can both exist at the same time... and that this particular developer already has BF4 with matchmaking and a server browser on both consoles and PCs... and that this game uses the same engine as that game?

I'm saying that the PC version follows the console dev. Clearly, the server browser was removed, probably b/c console users didn't use it much. So it got dropped, which propagated to all versions.

Why I even bother commenting on these threads is because I'm still shocked at that after more than a decade of PC gamers getting shafted by EA, Microsoft and all the other players in the gaming industry that put all their money and effort to where the profits are (consoles), that people here are still shocked when stories like this come out. Of course a PC centric feature was dropped from a AAA game. This is barely news.

So go ahead and rage about it. Boycott whatever you like, they won't change a damn thing. Not until there's a bigger market and money to be made in PC gaming. That's all they care about.

You were the one talking about cutting out matchmaking... no need for that.

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
49. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 3, 2015, 00:44 Sepharo

lol at Axis being certain that you two are the same person.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
62. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 00:39 Sepharo

Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 22:56:
Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

So you're just not reading the other posts that have pointed out that matchmaking and server browsers can both exist at the same time... and that this particular developer already has BF4 with matchmaking and a server browser on both consoles and PCs... and that this game uses the same engine as that game?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 19:35 Sepharo

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:22:
Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:14:
When I logged into the site this year it gave me the option to automatically join 2015 for what its worth. It'll probably take an OOTB announcement and a few days to get everyone signed up again.

I got as far as it asking me for the group password...have we been given one for this year?

It's in the General Forum on Bat's post.
But the pw is: bn
I mean if it's going to be posted somewhere not locked down anyway I guess it may as well be here.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 00:53 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 17:42:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT's TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

79 People in regular NFL Pick 'EM League last year. I wasn't going to run it this year, but that is a pretty good turnout. There is a setting in the league to drop your worst week, I will turn that on, to give you one whoops I didn't get picks in, or something happens.

PLEASE ONLY ENTER ONE TEAM PER LEAGUE - to make things easier, when you name your entry, use your BN handle.

If I see players jumping in and out of the league to improve positions, I will just take those teams out - this is for fun, let's keep it that way.
- I may just lock the league in week 2 or 3, as we have most people on there by now, maybe some will join now to be included?

Good luck everyone. Two leagues again this year.
1. Is here, and a regular pick em league. Congrats to Verno last year. With a pretty amazing 99.3%.

2. Is here, a SPREAD league, gotta play the points. Congrats to "bpar", sorry, don't remember who that is, who had a very impressive 99.5% in the spread league. Lets try and get more members in this one, very challenging, only have 20 people right now.

Here is a link to the forum with joining information if you need group name and pw.

If there are other settings you would like to see changed, throw it in the forum. Thanks.

/Might show you the 2014 season, you have to join the 2015 season. Click where it says 2014 in the tabs, 2015 is in the dropdown.

That's actually a link to last years pick em league, but it's easily changed by using the dropdown with the year.

Edit: Oh lol, maybe I should read your whole post. Leaving this so nobody can say I ain't honest.

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
4. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:54 Sepharo

Agreed with the fun. But I believe I've entered the anger the phase now where every dumb move by my teammates pisses me off. I got up to 600 on both 2v2 and 3v3 and for a while that was cool, lots of skilled players, but lately it seems flooded with bozos and I've dropped back to barely 500 where there are even more bozos. It's a vicious cycle. I'm looking forward to the reset once it gets out of preseason.  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
131. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 04:00 Sepharo

feral.fury wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:53:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:38:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:01:
Skyrim took 4 years. And that was the fifth iteration of that franchise, so they pretty much knew what they were doing.

Even more amazing is the fact that Bethesda developed Skyrim and Creation Engine at the same time in 4 years. So technically Skyrim was literally developed from scratch. Creation was developed to replace Gamebryo; an absolute POS engine universally lambasted for its bugs and crashes. A newer version of Creation Engine powers Fallout 4.

As a software programmer with a 12 year professional career, that's a load of crap. Algorithms, data structures, techniques, assets and development tools both 3rd party and in-house aren't re-invented. All they do is revamp the engine to support new technology, write new API's and get rid of unused / old systems.

Please don't make shit up. It doesn't make you look smart.

Careful. I said this years ago about Source -> Source 2 and then more recently about Source -> Titanfall and people here (who I assume aren't developers) jumped on me both times. "But they said they rewrote the entire thing!" ... Sorry that's just not how it works as a matter of practicality.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 20:15 Sepharo

Eh, we won't have to do it for much longer anyway. Luxury cars already have the automatic parking, it'll trickle down to regular cars soon enough.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 23:42 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 23:29:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 23:10:
It's easy to just pick something out of a hat and claim I don't know about it.
My comment wasn't about your thoughts on the NSA illegal spying techniques revealed (or brought to greater awareness) by American hero Edward Snowden.

You replied to a post where I made 2 specific examples, and the entirety of your reply was ridicule.

Now, of course, you're wiggling out of it. You're trying to stay in the zone of non-specific, to cover your ignorance of anything concrete, and so you can keep taking pot shots like an obnoxious clown.

Nothing less was expected. Enjoy the sound of your own voice.

I found it funny that my reply to your rant about mainstream media not covering things was met with a reply about something the media covered exhaustively and we all obviously know about.

How about instead you let us in on your facts about how Bin Laden is still alive. And how the Obama administration killed Seal Team 6 members. Or how the IRS is equivalent to the Stasi as you like to repeat over and over. Let's see the sources with which you do your careful research, the stuff us sheeple don't know about.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 23:10 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:04:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:06:
"research facts" = spend a lot of time on right wing and conspiracy sites, watches lots of youtube videos with breathless men ranting while 90s all seeing eye graphic art slowly zooms in and out.

Wait, what?

The NSA scandal was even covered on leftist's favorite HuffPost, with a picture of ObamaBush hybrid on the front page. It caused Google to amp up security between its datacenters, among other things. Everyone knows who Edward Snowden is now.

... well, except you, who lives in a cave.

The IRS scandal had multiple hearings and is still being investigated. It's an official legal process, that's slowly accumulating damning evidence, including the part where IRS consistently and blatantly DESTROYED data when access to it was requested, and Lois Lerner has been weaving and dodging the law.

The investigation is ongoing.

We live in the age where real news is getting buried on page 7. But the lot of you are intent on remaining fast asleep.

It's easy to just pick something out of a hat and claim I don't know about it.
My comment wasn't about your thoughts on the NSA illegal spying techniques revealed (or brought to greater awareness) by American hero Edward Snowden.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 18:06 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 12:14:
Uh huh, you just keep trying to rationalize away your extremism there, Scooter. I'm sure you'll actually believe it someday. After all, repeat the lie long enough....

I don't need to rationalize everything, I just research facts. What NSA and IRS-Stazi have been doing under Obama, alone, should make anyone's hair stand up. Just those two.

Unless, of course, you believe the old adages, "as long as they come for someone else and not me, it's fine", and "invasion of privacy only concerns those who have something to hide".

"research facts" = spend a lot of time on right wing and conspiracy sites, watches lots of youtube videos with breathless men ranting while 90s all seeing eye graphic art slowly zooms in and out.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1164. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 22, 2015, 21:55 Sepharo

It'll never work.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2015, 16:15 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 14:49:
Steam Spy guy has been my favorite gaming guru in very long time. He's smart, not political, states facts and has all the data he mined himself to prove it.

Agreed. No nonsense, smart, informed analysis.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
18. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 22:52 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 17:51:
I'd play it if it was a port 'designed' for the PC.

Bungie has been out of the pc gaming scene for a long while, I won't be giving them a pass based on old PC favorites from their studio.

PC Bungie games? It's just Oni and Myth right?

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
43. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 19, 2015, 20:35 Sepharo

Armengar wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 08:31:
I have a very old 5 digit steam number (back when you had to use an email address as the login and recovery address).

Weird... it must have went username, email, username.
Because I have an account that used to log in with just a username when everybody else had to use emails. But my SteamID is STEAM_0:1:4115132. I think if I remember correctly I ended up having 2 accounts because I had the ATI HL2 voucher... But it couldn't be used until (shortly before?) HL2 came out, but yet I was on Steam ever since CS switched to it.

edit: You're not maybe thinking of your WonID are you? That's what we used to measure in digits back in the day... and that would make much more sense talking about HL1.

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 22:19 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:20:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 23:06:
You're not going to admit you were wrong about background checks at gunshows? Or at least respond to my reply?

It's a FEDERALlaw, and licensed firearms dealer MUST do a NICScheck before selling anybody a firearm UNLESS that state has a more stringent methodology already in place. (FOr example, NC where I live - if you already possess a concealed hangun permit, you don't have to have a NICS check because your permit required a much more in -depth background check.) Any dealer at a gun show is doing a background check. Private sales can take place anywhere and there is no federal law covering them. More people sell privately on Armslist than have ever sold privately at a gun show.

If they wanted to let people know that private sales were a loophole, then they could have said that. Words have meaning and they deliberatly chose to call it the "gun show loophole" for a reason.

You should have been more specific about what you meant then. You said, "You have to pass a background check to buy a gun at a gunshow, just like you do at a gun shop." That's not true. You can go into a gun show and buy a gun, as long as it's not from an FFL, without a background check. They've created a market where guns can be bought and sold among previously unintroduced parties without background checks or any oversight at all in some states. Pointing to other places and situations where this can also be done, like the internet, doesn't diminish that, it's the same problem.

News Comments > etc.
38. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 22:09 Sepharo

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 12:58:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 00:26:
You already said that you don't consider sociology to be actual science so why would anyone bother engaging with you on that topic?

Huh? Where did I say that? I said that sociological studies establish correlation (things that are somehow related) as opposed to causation (this causes that). This is not only not "controversial", it is the bedrock of the entire discipline. If you don't recognize this, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...

Sorry I misread you. I thought you were calling social sciences "faux-scientific" earlier but I see now that you weren't.

edit: Actually looks like you misread jdreyer as well. He never made the claim you accused him of making. All he said was, "gun violence is perpetrated disproportionately by the poor and less educated" and you went on your correlation/causation rant.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 22:52.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
13. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 04:02 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:38:
New Game+, Blue. New Game+. The "new" is important because you are essentially starting a new game, only with the character progression from your previous game intact.

I feel like he's doing it on purpose now

7566 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo