Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans
14. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 25, 2015, 02:07 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 01:00:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 22:05:
The Cave is awesome.

In your opinion. However, the Metacritic score doesn't agree with you.
Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 22:05:
And Schafer didn't work on that, it was Ron Gilbert's baby.

Doesn't matter. Schaefer is the one whom is ultimately responsible for DoubleFine's many fuckups since they are all being done under his studio's name. From DoubleFine's own website: Double Fine Productions is an award-winning, independent game development studio founded in 2000 by games industry veteran Tim Schafer.

"Many fuckups" are 3 games you don't like and one they stopped development on earlier than expected.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 24, 2015, 22:05 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 21:20:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 12:19:
WTF are you guys talking about? why are Double Fine bad? source?

Sources:

Broken Age: Broken Promises

"So you bought Spacebase DF-9? Well, fuck you. We're not going to fix the shit we destroyed in broken Alpha after Alpha and now we're not going to finish the game, because we failed basic economic math in high school."

Then there's "The Cave"

"Massive Chalice" which was hilariously summed up as "itís all about the perils of badly organised sex."

Whatever creativity Tim Schaefer had 30 years ago was left on the floor of Lucasarts when he exited and he has the same capacity for running a productive game studio as Kim Jung-il has for running an effective economy.

The Cave is awesome. And Schafer didn't work on that, it was Ron Gilbert's baby.

10. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 24, 2015, 16:58 Sepharo

Fantaz wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 12:19:
WTF are you guys talking about? why are Double Fine bad? source?

burrito has been ranting about them ever since that space game thing
and he includes broken age in there... which was a great adventure game and the documentary showing the making of it is even better.

2. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 23, 2015, 20:47 Sepharo

This seems really desperate. DoTT is still fine to play as it is. Pretty much perfection.

Edit: Err, sorry, made that comment before seeing that this is simply a touchup and putting in on more devices. Thought it was like a total remake. More people enjoying DoTT is good.

Edit2: Wait... they call it Day of the Tentacle Remastered Blue is calling it a remake

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
13. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 23, 2015, 01:34 Sepharo

beigemore wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 21:59:
It looks a little... slow

I'm thinking the same thing. The earlier SP gameplay demos looked faster than this... which seems a bit backwards.

News Comments > Battle.net Voice Chat Coming
5. Re: Battle.net Voice Chat Coming Oct 22, 2015, 21:53 Sepharo

Kirk Johnson wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 20:58:
cant wait to be told by 13 year olds how hairy my mom's vajayj is

https://youtu.be/rJqpaprs1-A?t=21

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Oct 20, 2015, 22:11 Sepharo

Great White Shark wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 19:22:
No one is going to read that trash heap post. In fact I didn't make it through the first sentence. Your posts suck. Fucking improve your shit.

Highfive

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 14, 2015, 20:45 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 05:00:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 02:04:
BF1942 single player campaigns lol

But bot matches were so much fun. My bud and I would set up bot matches the two of us against 20 bots or something on D-Day level, and try to get all the way up the hill. It was a blast.

I'm pretty sure he thought the 1942 expansions had real SP campaigns for some reason.

But on the topic of bot matches. I really don't give a shit. This has been an ongoing conversation here at Blue's for years. I don't really understand the enjoyment people get from playing waves of bots. Things were as dumb as rocks and it was boring as hell mowing them down. But hey to each their own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 20:39 Sepharo

I couldn't drink the terribly nasty tasting Fleet stuff. Got the lemon lime flavor and the said to mix it with Sprite but it was god awful and made me gag. Finally after call docs and pharmacies someone was finally like, "Oh you can take these pills instead but you have to take a lot of them over a short period of time and people don't like that because they're big." .... Fuck that, I'd totally rather take tasteless big pills over some nasty ass drink. They do the same thing, make a bunch of water rush right to your colon to clean you out.

So if you hate the nasty drink, ask for the pills, much easier to get down in my opinion.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 14, 2015, 02:04 Sepharo

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:08:
Arithon wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 07:13:
There were two stand-alone expansions for BF1942 did not affect multi-play but added single player campaigns and cost £15 each (less than $10). So the grand total for all of it was £55 ($84). Bear in mind the two expansions were additional games, not just a pack of four maps.

The original BattleFront was the "StarWars total conversion" mod for BF1942, but was sued out of existence by LucasArts so they could release their "official" version, developed by Pandemic.

The irony is that this BattleFront, the least like a Battlefield or Battlefront game, is made by DICE - the makers of BattleField.

You might want to check your facts there. Both expansions to 1942 were multiplayer focused expansions. Road to Rome added 6 maps and some new weapons and vehicles. Secret Weapons of Normandy added 8 maps and more weapons and vehicles. At launch R2R cost $20 and SWoN cost $30, neither was $10. You also have to factor in inflation to make a proper dollar comparison. Not to mention development costs back then were a fraction of what they are now.

BF1942 single player campaigns lol

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Begins
5. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Begins Oct 13, 2015, 23:27 Sepharo

Damn that cast actually making me think even for more than a moment about this.  

News Comments > PC Sonic Lost World Next Month
6. Re: PC Sonic Lost World Next Month Oct 7, 2015, 01:30 Sepharo

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 19:28:
But... Why?

I think for a long time Sega wasn't properly cashing in on that Sonic as an internet meme thing. Those weirdos gotta primarily be PC people.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
188. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 6, 2015, 03:07 Sepharo

SunnyD wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 00:02:
Second. I absolutely start from 1 and read entire threads, including just finishing this one now. It's why I've come here since before 3/11 (fukushima talk on blue's). Yes I'm one of those first time poster / long time listener types. This place is just too damn entertaining.

You're a maniac

Here read the top 3 threads and catch up.

Actually don't. 2,723 posts from us could be bad for your health.

Edit: derp, didn't pay attention to the date, can't believe that was already 4 years ago

News Comments > Steam in Stores
17. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 18:39 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 16:01:
How about getting some actual fucking customer service and a refund policy that actually works. Zero excuses for a company that makes the money they do to be so bad. This is why I don't object to other companies having their own digital distribution systems. The more the merrier. It's the only thing that will ever force Valve to start acting like a real company.

What's the problem with the new(ish) refund policy?

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
152. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 18:28 Sepharo

Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 16:55:
Please...

Chris Roberts will be positively giddy at this. At this point, there is no endgame for him. Like any other ponzi scheme, funding yesterday with today's money, Chris Roberts has no way to bail on SC without accepting the blame. When the musical chairs money runs out, CR will be left without a chair to sit in. He'd be totally at fault.

Now, he'll get to blame the time and expense of the lawyers, etc., to weasel out of the blame for SC's crash. "See, SC would have been awesome, but {insert grumbling here}..."

Heck, this is the biggest favor that Derek Smart could have done Chris Roberts. I'm beginning to think that there is collusion between the two, because this is so perfect for CR to dodge the fallout from SC...

Kind of reminds me of the HL2 hack... "Welp we gotta delay the game at least a whole year to recover from this hack."

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
46. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 5, 2015, 08:59 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 06:03:
Yeah, they haven't shown any space combat but I expect it to be extremely casual, doubt you have to manage ship shield power vs weapons and engine power for example.

https://youtu.be/v5sBbjckyzU?t=29

It does appear to be very basic, but they have shown it.

42. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 5, 2015, 03:28 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 03:04:
So basically we have Elite without the space combat, and without the space trucking, just exploration. Oh but with n-iterations of the same lizzards, ducks, goats, tigers and fish on different planets.

Elite has frequently been described as "empty", despite there being apparently quite a lot to do. I wonder how long before the novelty of exploring in No Man's Sky wears off, when people realize that procedurally generated content is basically the same thing over and over again, in a slightly different skin.

It does have space combat though.

30. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 19:36 Sepharo

ShadyPete wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 17:17:
Gotta agree here, where is the beef? This seems like a prettier SPORE disaster to be honest. Except they shoot even higher.

Will Wright was on the Colbert Report once....

They were probably like, Stephen we know you're a big Wright fan... but you absolutely cannot mention Spore during the interview.

25. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 18:37 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 18:34:
Jinoru wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 18:17:
Visually its looking far more polished now.

I'm not really understanding what people here are meaning by "meat."
What's the meat of Mario? The gameplay itself right? Are you expecting some RPG levels of interaction? Expecting some kind of guided narrative? What "meat" do you want?

So far, all we've seen is infinite Mario levels but no coins, mushrooms, koopas, Bowser, or Princess Peach. That's the equivalent to what we've seen so far of NMS.

There are lots of videos of this game discussing the currency and resources, including a brief mention in this one, so your analogy is a little off. Not to say that I don't also think this will probably get boring quick, maybe even more so than Spore.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2015, 18:46.

24. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 18:35 Sepharo

Interesting interview. Colbert is a lot smarter than this guy was expecting I think. In fact he flubbed a response to one of Stephen's questions that I also wanted to know more about... what's the storage situation? These things may initially be procedurally generated but once they are discovered and named they should remain static right? So everything that's ever been discovered has to be stored. I know Spore showed that this could be done with a teeny-tiny amount of bytes that make up the limited DNA of each creature and planet... but still if the game is a huge hit and there are millions playing and discovering hundreds of millions of things over many years it has to be stored and served up from somewhere. It still probably ends up being negligible but it was a good question on Colbert's part.  

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo