Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8200 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2018, 20:01 Sepharo

Slashman wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 19:35:
Wait what???

It's full body sim.
You can piss, puke, and shit... and the shit's consistency is related to what you ate and your health.
If you don't manage your bodily functions you'll shit in the middle of combat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2018, 17:56 Sepharo

You can poop in the game... of course it's doing well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2018, 17:10 Sepharo

Cutter is a newbie with his 2006 reg date  

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
39. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 30, 2018, 22:41 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 20:05:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 15:44:
I managed to read it because of Beamer's quote, but please do not remove any insults directed at me. I am not reporting these and I'd ask anyone that is on my behalf to stop please. If Blue is removing it on his own without reporting, then I'd ask, if possible, not to when they're directed at me.

The post was deleted for content that did not relate to you.

I obviously don't do a good enough job of keeping the discussions civil here, but I am trying. So I appreciate your request, but I won't commit to keeping posts that cross the line.

I was wondering if that might be it but wasn't sure.
Thanks for the clarification. Mostly I just don't want other users requesting anything be removed on my behalf.

37. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 30, 2018, 15:44 Sepharo

I managed to read it because of Beamer's quote, but please do not remove any insults directed at me. I am not reporting these and I'd ask anyone that is on my behalf to stop please. If Blue is removing it on his own without reporting, then I'd ask, if possible, not to when they're directed at me.  

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
12. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 01:27 Sepharo

I play Candy Crush every time I shit... for uh 6 years now.
Level ~1350 on Soda Saga
No money spent though.

11. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 01:22 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 00:48:
Actually, my bad -- I was thinking of "Game of War" the mobile pay to win game.

Haha and I misread your post originally thinking that it was saying something positive about the drones

9. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 00:40 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 00:04:
Good to know God of War is still racking it up. It reassures my belief that the general public is a bunch of drones...

It came out in April, these stats are Jan-June.
Not so much "still racking it up" but rather "did rack it up".

23. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 21:24 Sepharo

ventry wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 21:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 20:26:
ventry wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 20:19:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:41:
Woman works hard on proposal, presents it to team, gets shot down.

Woman has male friend give same proposal to team one week later. Everyone loves it.

That's some fucked up shit right there.

Yep. After reading the article, this is more than taking offense to an overheard joke at the water cooler.

However if any company tried telling me I had to attend mandatory sensitivity training (over some overheard joke) they would be told to fuck right off quick smart.
And you'd be looking for a new job. No skin off their back. Just another unemployed moran on the dole.

I guess that is why I've spent the majority of my working life self-employed.
I march to my own "tune". Not some lefty-snowflake's idea of a "tune".

So you're saying you'd make like a tree and get out.

10. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:31 Sepharo

Striving for a workplace free from sexism and harassment... a bad thing according to many posters here.
Glad I don't work with y'all.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 19:49 Sepharo

I'm not confusing anything, you said something that wasn't true.  

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 19:37 Sepharo

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:24:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:46:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:41:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:37:
To me, it just sounds like you're getting deeper into that kind of material.
If you spend a lot of time listening to people decrying "the left" and its "war on free speech" and "transitioning 6 year olds" and all that shit... It's not the world I live in. You're listening to one extreme describe another extreme and assuming they're both bigger than they are. They also provide a warped one sided narrative, like this for instance... "Youtube channels for people like Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Dave Rubin, etc, get regularly taken down for "hate speech" without actually having any hate speech." None of those three have had their youtube channels "taken down" at all let alone for hate speech. They had individual videos demonetized for controversial content... YouTube's advertisers don't want their ads appearing on "controversial" content. The same thing happens to left leaning channels and their controversial videos (something Rubin has acknowledged in his videos).

Oh, I don't think regular people are like this.

Popular media, however, is.

I've only met a couple "TV democrats" IRL (at one particular function), and never once met a "TV republican" IRL.

The ratio of demonetization and takedowns is far skewed, with the right taking a toweling this last year.

Actually, only recently after the Alex Jones take down did social media try to put in more balance to counter criticism, and we saw the first wave of more-widespread-than-typical lefty channel demonetization/takedown.

-scheherazade

Why did you say that Peterson, Harris, and Rubin had their channels "regularly taken down for hate speech" ?

Commonly demonetizations, less frequently videos, with the odd channel. If you track them for years, you would be aware of whenever it happens. ~Each time reverted under appeal.

-scheherazade

Your point was specifically about relatively civil intelligent content producers having their "channels taken down" which hasn't happened to those three at all. Which is a great example of what I mean when I say you're consuming a warped narrative, to the point that you're making things up to be more dramatic than they are.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
31. Re: removed Aug 28, 2018, 18:50 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:14:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2018, 18:16.

Darks said something about letting "trash" into the country imports the problems of their origin country. I quoted him and made a reference to the anti-German rhetoric of the 19th century that focused on their biergartens and eventually led to alcohol prohibition.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 18:46 Sepharo

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:41:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:37:
If you spend a lot of time listening to people decrying "the left" and its "war on free speech" and "transitioning 6 year olds" and all that shit... It's not the world I live in. You're listening to one extreme describe another extreme and assuming they're both bigger than they are. They also provide a warped one sided narrative, like this for instance... "Youtube channels for people like Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Dave Rubin, etc, get regularly taken down for "hate speech" without actually having any hate speech." None of those three have had their youtube channels "taken down" at all let alone for hate speech. They had individual videos demonetized for controversial content... YouTube's advertisers don't want their ads appearing on "controversial" content. The same thing happens to left leaning channels and their controversial videos (something Rubin has acknowledged in his videos).

Oh, I don't think regular people are like this.

Popular media, however, is.

I've only met a couple "TV democrats" IRL (at one particular function), and never once met a "TV republican" IRL.

The ratio of demonetization and takedowns is far skewed, with the right taking a toweling this last year.

Actually, only recently after the Alex Jones take down did social media try to put in more balance to counter criticism, and we saw the first wave of more-widespread-than-typical lefty channel demonetization/takedown.

-scheherazade

Why did you say that Peterson, Harris, and Rubin had their channels "regularly taken down for hate speech" ?

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
29. removed Aug 28, 2018, 18:14 Sepharo

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2018, 18:16.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 16:37 Sepharo

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 28, 2018, 01:23 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 00:05:
Task wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 23:03:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 22:07:
I kinda skipped around the video because I don't want to see too much, but WTF was that shit with the rifle you just shoot in their general direction and the projectiles seek out enemies like little missiles? Made me throw up in my mouth a little...

It was like that gun in the fifth element. What's wrong with that? BattleTech even has similar stuff in that fantasy setting, bullets and shells that track. Deus-Ex:HR had something similar.

The Fifth Element gun requires you shoot the target once directly to place the tracker, which I could see making sense as a high-level treat for being able to keep hitting them after they've taken cover or something (and that's supposed to be from the mid-2200s). But straight-up autonomous targeting with every round is just gross, and exactly the type of lazy, console-centric design that I would expect more folks around here to get worked up about. It takes even less effort than Halo's needler gun, since with that you had to aim at least a little bit... Here you have a reticle half the width of the screen and anything inside it just dies. It's good to hear that that's supposed to be a rare, sort of end-game thing, though.

It's a CRPG rather than an FPS so I really don't care about any aiming (or lack of aiming) mechanic.
Just give me that sweet world and story.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 27, 2018, 20:46 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 20:12:
I guess the only thing I'd wish for the game is that it was more deadly. Combat seems way too bullet-spongy in that video.

Multiple dudes got cut in half by a shotgun

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 23:55 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 21:09:
What Battlefield 1 didn't have is robotic armed female cyborg snipers wearing blue face paint wielding a Katana on their back. Chasing after the design characteristics of Fortnite

I don't get why you keep comparing it to Fortnite. Is there a character with a hook hand or any kind of attachment arm in Fortnite?
It feels like much more of a face-paint and hook-for-a-hand shooty Furiosa from Mad Max to me.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
54. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 23:11 Sepharo

CthulhuFan wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 21:54:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 14:49:
I think you'd be a lot less misled if you cut down on the amount of "evidence" you get from youtube videos.
Cool. Please provide sourced evidence. Sounds fair to me.

You're asking me to provide sourced evidence?
Of what?
The crowd size thing? Links were already provided showing unambiguous time lapse footage of Trump's entire inauguration ceremony. No need for a youtube video calling crowd size comparisons into question.

What you quoted from me is just general advice. If you place blind trust in youtube videos from strangers you're going to have bad time, it's better to take in a variety of sources and ideally from professionals with standards. I know you'll construe that to mean "only trust the MSM!" but there are plenty of excellent alternative sources as well with high standards.

8200 Comments. 410 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo