Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 20:15 Sepharo

Goodtry wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 19:25:
Just get an iPhone. It's reliable, durable, and you get updates frequently.

Durable? Aren't they famous for their extremely fragile screens? I'm constantly seeing friends and coworkers with spider webbed screens they can't afford (money or effort I dunno) to replace.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 21:19 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 19:11:
Hey Seph, how about them Lions? How ya feelin about them this year? They're looking pretty good today.

Edit: OMFG! What a great ending! Love when it becomes a lateral fest like that! That was a great game!

I'm always optimistic. But they tried so damn hard to lose it in the second half. Pass coverage was terrible.

News Comments > Overwatch Netcode Update
5. Re: Overwatch Netcode Update Sep 9, 2016, 21:51 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:37:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:07:
One thing that I really hope is fixed for me personally is launching my Transcendence ult while still alive (on my screen).

The whole point of that ult is canceling other offensive ults. So I have to hear the enemy ult call and then quickly press Q. So many goddamn times I'll do this, press Q while still alive, and the damn thing doesn't trigger and I'm dead. It's basically the same issue as getting shot behind a wall when you're in cover on your client but outside of cover on the enemy's client, but far more devastating.

When it's really bad I'm technically dead before I even hear Reaper's ult and lose the chance I'm supposed to have. It's just so brutal knowing that your reaction speed is fine, you did what you were supposed to do, but are punished anyway.

The problem is that someone seeing you die on his screen overrules the fact that you are not actually dead yet on your screen in Overwatch. No action you do after that client report counts as valid.

I think this is really shit netcode, but Blizzard says this is good netcode for a competitive shooter. So whatever. I'd rather have trade kills like in BF4 over this system ^^ At least in BF4 it makes sense, as ALL bullets have travel time...
Hah you don't have to explain it to me. I get it, MP FPS is my game of choice. It was just especially egregious in Overwatch, and hopefully this fixes that a bit.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
168. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 21:26 Sepharo

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:24:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 16:01:
dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:18:
I know that most of you guys have shit for brains, which explains the buying of JPEGs for a game that can never be done, but do try to keep up.

Chris Roberts turned me into a newt!... I got better.
DON'T! It's a sacrilege to use that quote with CR or DS.
Changing the subject...what is the capital of Assyria?

Aur 911 BC
Kalhu 879 BC
Dur-Sharrukin 706 BC
Nineveh 705 BC
Harran 612 BC

News Comments > Overwatch Netcode Update
2. Re: Overwatch Netcode Update Sep 9, 2016, 21:07 Sepharo

One thing that I really hope is fixed for me personally is launching my Transcendence ult while still alive (on my screen).

The whole point of that ult is canceling other offensive ults. So I have to hear the enemy ult call and then quickly press Q. So many goddamn times I'll do this, press Q while still alive, and the damn thing doesn't trigger and I'm dead. It's basically the same issue as getting shot behind a wall when you're in cover on your client but outside of cover on the enemy's client, but far more devastating.

When it's really bad I'm technically dead before I even hear Reaper's ult and lose the chance I'm supposed to have. It's just so brutal knowing that your reaction speed is fine, you did what you were supposed to do, but are punished anyway.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
77. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Sep 9, 2016, 19:01 Sepharo

Jackplug wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 11:11:
then we can have a proper fights without vehicles

You should probably be playing a different game.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1179. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Sep 8, 2016, 19:58 Sepharo

Bed  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
44. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 8, 2016, 00:51 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 22:04:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 19:15:
Slick wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 17:05:
Oh, and I need to mention, everyone should try a round with the HUD OFF.

I think it's the first option in "gameplay"

Oh man I'd love to see that as a server option. Don't know if I'm brave enough to attempt that on my own but I'd definitely try if the playing field were equal. That would make surround sound pretty important for survivability. I can just imagine the tension of being in a building hearing footsteps and having zero HUD indication if it's friendly or not. Would probably make battles more tactical and less meat grinder too.

Tonight's the last night of the beta, I highly recommend giving it a spin, it does indeed make it VERY tactical. You're going from cover to cover now being sure what the sitrep is. I find myself sticking to the shadows a lot more too.

I remember prone-ing behind a rock, and slowly coming out to scan the horizon, only to see 3 or 4 teammates pushing forward, a huge sigh of relief because now i felt that i could push up too... until you see 3 of them get shredded by a tank in seconds, that "OH SHIT" moment hits you harder too, although you can generally hear tanks, but the ones that have stopped moving are very deadly as they make much less noise.

+1 for server-side no-hud

That sounds tight as fuck.
I refuse to play this until I build my new machine... but want to so badly.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
28. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 22:01 Sepharo

Slick you gotta pop into the browser.
You know, get just a little bit of competition.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
47. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 18:15 Sepharo

I have this on PS3 but got way too frustrated at the controller and aiming mechanics. I really want to play it with a mouse on PC.  

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
13. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 16:55 Sepharo

What a weird target though...
Should have gone after someone that couldn't afford the legal defense.

I guess it's a catch 22 for guys like that though. You want to go after big money but the big money also has the means to fight back.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
38. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 31, 2016, 04:07 Sepharo

I think you may have forgot to explain your problem...

Though I gather it might have something to do with portability, maybe?
Not gonna move that computer case around, risking the GPU and mobo on it every time I move it ( snapping because of weight ) each time I want to try a new game and/or patch it.
Why do you need to move your computer case around to try new games?

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
11. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 22:07 Sepharo

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 21:50:
Yes, i keep ranting about this but, matchmaking is not better than old school approach server browser, downloadable client etc. Admins took care of cheaters and griefers as we used to call them.

We really need both. Community servers that are managed as the community and their owner sees fit and developer run servers that fit their paradigm. But that being said, matchmaking and community servers are not really opposites of each other. I don't think Overwatch would benefit from a server browser or community servers. It's not a drop-in drop-out kind of game. You need 6 players on each team from start to end and ideally they should be around the same skill level... matchmaking is absolutely required for that. If you want to be in charge of getting the scrim going through outside sites and chat programs, that's available through custom game... but that custom game is still hosted on Blizzard infrastructure afaik.

Valve still supports community owned and operated private servers found via a server browser for CS:GO, TF2, Garry's Mod, CS:S, CS, DoD:S, and basically any other valve engine multiplayer game or mod. With CS:GO (and I think TF2 now) they do this while still offering matchmaking and Valve owned servers.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
14. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 21:15 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 20:20:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:06:

Would you say it was a perfect 5 out of 7?

Haha! Is that a real exchange? That's damned near perfect. I don't even know if I'd mind if it was faked.

*EDIT* More on topic: I don't know what you guys are so mad about, it's not like this one could be worse, or more delayed.

There's a whole series of screen capped posts of that one trolling the other on his facebook posts.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2Vvy9

Make sure to load the remaining 6 images too.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced
11. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition Announced Aug 25, 2016, 19:15 Sepharo

Peter M. Smith wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 09:35:
Numinar wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 08:34:
...and Civ 5 got REALLY good once the two expansions (And super cheap DLC sales) brought the thunder so I imagine whatever this game ends up being at launch it will end up being a worthy Civ game after a year or two. But fingers crossed for launch!

One thing Firaxis focused on early in the marketing campaign is that the game concepts that were added in the Civ V DLC are going to be in the base launch of Civ VI. So we're not going to get the feature yank that we had when Civ V launched, compared to what was in the final version of Civ IV.

That is extremely ambitious. I'll be surprised if they stick to that.

5. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 19:06 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 19:05:
I hope Flying Wild Hog makes it...

I actually enjoyed DNF when it came out. I wasn't dumb and expecting the best game ever like everyone was. It was a 7/10. It had tons of variety and more interactivity than all shooters released that year, and most today. It was kinda funny too.

Would you say it was a perfect 5 out of 7?

1. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 18:50 Sepharo

Finally about to finish DNF.
End of times.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
19. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 24, 2016, 21:58 Sepharo

16 maps in the DLC? How many in the base game?  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Changes
2. Re: Titanfall 2 Changes Aug 24, 2016, 21:55 Sepharo

So all this feedback is only from console players right?  

News Comments > Prey 2 Video
20. Re: Prey 2 Video Aug 23, 2016, 20:02 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 19:37:
Was it Half Life that had the multiplayer hide and seek mod where you could hide as objects?

One of the original ones I remember was all about crates. You would hide in a warehouse full of crates and you had crate-like weapons with nail guns and staples.

But there is a whole genre of mod now called "prop hunt" which you can play in TF2, CS, Gary's Mod, etc.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2016, 20:07.

7639 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo