Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 17:02 Sepharo

nm  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 13:44 Sepharo

Happy birthday Blue!

And for the rest of you... I just happened to stumble upon this on YouTube... http://youtu.be/2qMO1fMm8FU

Anthony from Opie and Anthony, raving about how awesome HL is and how's he's completely addicted. His descriptions are great, and it really illustrates how the unfolding story was revolutionary in a game like this back then. After the commercial at the end people start calling in asking what the game is and running out to buy it... maybe O and A helped contribute to its viral success.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
68. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 18, 2015, 21:39 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:59:
I don't see ANYONE playing.....worst game release of the year?

You're not checking the Steam friends list are you?

News Comments > Star Citizen New Flight Model Details
14. Re: Star Citizen New Flight Model Details Oct 29, 2015, 22:59 Sepharo

Task wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 22:49:
Moog wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:35:
It's gone very quiet on the Derek Smart front of late.

What's happening with that?

He got his twitter account suspended or locked or something for a little while. He was also banned from Something Awful, or at least removed temporarily. He threatened to have an article written in the New York Times; which is funny if that's where he gets his news from a craptastical Propaganda Mill, and thinking non-gamers in the public in give a Toot about it. All quite hilarious musings of a mad-man.

I'm surprised he was on SA... Wasn't he banned from there like almost 15 years ago?

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
13. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 20:05 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 19:10:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 19:04:
I bet that's not intentional. Probably just the way Steam works. Since they had the game on there removed it and then put it back up, it probably got a new releaseid or something thus triggering this.

Having Valve curate EVERYTHING wouldn't be feasible so I'm almost 100% positive Steam gives owners the ability to change information on their games' Steam pages. This is the one time where I believe it's absolutely imperative for Valve to step in and stop this. This is an issue of trust. If Valve allows this shyster nonsense to stand my trust in their platform is going to be damaged. Valve needs to revert all of WB's changes today, issue an apology to the community, and basically call WB out on their shenanigans.

You totally missed my point... or maybe should have just made a new post instead of quoting me. I'm essentially saying it's a technical issue, I'm not positive, but that's my guess.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
14. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 28, 2015, 19:14 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 08:19:
Still, regardless of where this is coming from, way to give the terrorists what they want.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants the GamerGate clowns to shut the fuck up already, not just terrorists.

They shut down both an anti-GG and pro-GG panel and both groups are mad about it. See, something to finally bring everyone together.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
19. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 28, 2015, 19:12 Sepharo

Bub wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 07:01:
Actually that was part of my point games like TF2 have pretty much saturated that market, the only people I see leaving TF2 for this new game are the 1% with the best rigs that can take advantage of all the new eye-candy. Also I don't expect TF2 to retaliate with newer more flashy version.

My response was more about your confusion as to how they can make it profitable not saturation. TF2 has no problem making Valve money with cosmetic items.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
8. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 19:04 Sepharo

I bet that's not intentional. Probably just the way Steam works. Since they had the game on there removed it and then put it back up, it probably got a new releaseid or something thus triggering this.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
67. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 23:14 Sepharo

Could probably just stick to the weird unscientific statements he made about meat and the human diet  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2015, 23:12 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:50:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:06:
Quantic Dream's (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) next interactive drama game will be Detroit: Become Human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2gW7hmXu4
http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/27/9622386/quantic-dream-detroit-ps4

New take on "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and again no PC release eh?

I think the flood of AI wants/thinks it's human stories is just getting started. It almost seems like it's all I play these days considering the last games I put any time into were Talos Principle and SOMA. Also I really liked that Automata movie last year.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
11. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 27, 2015, 21:50 Sepharo

Bub wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:27:
Did not the day of FPS come and go quite some years ago?

It boggles my mind that Blizz is pouring dev resources into this after canceling Titan, virtually saying MMOs have no future.

The existing FPS market is over-saturated as it is.

Overwatch looks a lot like Planetside 2 to me, i.e. for whales with only the best rigs money can buy, which is a pretty small market.
I don't see how they can make a profit unless they stoop to selling ships/weapons like Chris Roberts.

Kinda weird, but I guess you're not familiar with TF2.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 27, 2015, 20:23 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:07:
Safe Spaces. I'm not surprised, it's Penny Arcade after all. They've said a lot of passive aggressive things about consumers in the past which leave me feeling like they're very much "friends of the industry".

SXSW is not Penny-Arcade. You're thinking of PAX. And Penny-Arcade has been on the wrong side of SJWs more often than not... Dick Wolves, jokes about rape, etc.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
29. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 20:17 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:16:
I guess "builders" are Achievers?

For me Building is a form of Exploration.

Oddly enough the wiki on Bartle Test says that builders are Killers.

"Killers also represent the archetype which is most interested in affecting their environment, so sandbox games in which they can take a direct hand in building (or destroying) a virtual society will appeal to them as well."

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
26. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 19:34 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:16:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:28:
bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:22:
Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:59:
Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

+1

It's an impressive technical idea, but is there anything to do in the game other than look?

The Bartle Test lists four main gamer types: Achievers, Explorers, Socializers and Killers. NMS is made specifically for Explorers. If you're a Killer you won't understand it. As a Explorer I get it and can't wait to play.

I guess "builders" are Achievers?

Yes, though they create their own goals to achieve.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released
9. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released Oct 27, 2015, 19:28 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:05:
Raven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:55:
There is pretty much no chance of this press release being true at this point. End of the day, and still not available to download on PC through Steam...

You sure about that?

I assume you mean Minecraft, not Minecraft: Story Mode. Regardless, it's on PC, just not on PC through Steam. Valve doesn't have to get 30% of the entire PC market.

Why would you assume he means Minecraft and not the game this article is about?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2015, 19:06 Sepharo

Quantic Dream's (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) next interactive drama game will be Detroit: Become Human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2gW7hmXu4
http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/27/9622386/quantic-dream-detroit-ps4

News Comments > The Park Released
12. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 15:03 Sepharo

gravity wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 14:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:45:
I can't stand horror games where your only option is run and hide. Which really amounts to learn the monster's patterns and respond to them. Games like SOMA and Alien would be way better if you could interact with the environment and craft items to fight back with. Trying to avoid the monsters is intense enough but just being a victim the entire time is frustrating and monotonous. It's a shame because the environments in those games are otherwise fantastic.

Alien - There was no pattern (none discernable, at least). That fucker was insanely well designed.

SOMA - I didn't really see a pattern here either, but it was definitely easier to work out how to circumvent them in some way.

I've only played SOMA for a few hours but when I don't feel like waiting for one of the baddies I just move backwards towards him. A bit immersion breaking but it gets me where I need to go

News Comments > Another Steam User Record
41. Re: Another Steam User Record Oct 27, 2015, 14:34 Sepharo

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:37:
gravity wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:34:
Placid wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 11:13:
I wonder if they counted peps playing the Doom Alpha?

... for the entirety of 15 minutes until I determined it to be crap?

At least you got in...but yeah, I watched about 30 seconds and thought "Oh, it's Q3A again".

That would be nice, but from what I've seen that's not the case.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2015, 19:15 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 13:43:
InBlack wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 12:30:
I can play football (soccer) but I can't play it on the same level as Ronaldo or Messi. Same with any e-sports game. There is no way I can play those games on the level that I can watch pro teams going at it on twitch.

Sure you could. Play it for 8-12 hours a day and you could do it easily. Question is would you want to, which the answer is no. I don't care what the potential financial upside is I'd rather spend most of my life doing other things - traveling, eating and drinking well, having sex with actual females, etc.

That's not really true either, there are people with thousands of hours in CS who are still terrible at it. Or a more recent example, people with Veteran, Expert, Master (function of time played) status in Rocket League who are stuck back in the Bronze matchmaking because they're still awful.

News Comments > Another Steam User Record
24. Re: Another Steam User Record Oct 26, 2015, 16:41 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 16:11:
The biggest issue with Steam is all the CRAP on it. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for the Indie scene, but the amount of shit on Steam that is 2d phone shovelware is insane.

Another complaint I've never understood. Do you also go to music stores and complain about them carrying country/rap music? Or go to a public library and lament the amount of pulp romance books? Never once have I gone to a store and thought, "Wow this place would be a lot better if it only carried things I'm personally interested in."

7639 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo