Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
15. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 06:15 Sepharo

Some quality responses.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Competitive Gaming Division
9. Re: EA's Competitive Gaming Division Dec 11, 2015, 02:41 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 02:12:
Nobody in the US takes esports seriously

That's not even remotely true.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade Changes
12. Re: Valve on Steam Trade Changes Dec 11, 2015, 01:52 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 01:27:
This mobile authenticator seems less secure to me. I don't have a smart phone, but I'm using Steam Desktop Authenticator which emulates the mobile authenticator. When I logged into Steam from a new device, all I had to do was enter the code from the mobile authenticator and I was in. That's only a single point of authentication. Before this I had to enter a code sent by SMS to my phone and click a confirmation link sent to my email.

You still had to enter your Steam password, right?
That's two-factor authentication.

The last one you described would be three factor authentication. I've never heard of it doing both a text message and email like that? Are you sure you're not confusing two different two-factor authentication methods?

Edit: Besides you're using some winforms app someone whipped up with a built in update feature and you're entering your Steam PW there... as you say, "You can't cure stupidity"

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Dec 10, 2015, 02:23 Sepharo

Cabezone wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 01:58:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 12:24:
Meanwhile, the US military budget still gobbles up half of the entire federal budget ( probably a LOT more if you include the black projects ).

Why do people say this? It's usually between 15-20% of the budget. Discretionary spending is only some of the Federal budget.

When you look at your paystub you see medicare and SS separately from income tax. That's basically the difference you see when you look at a pie chart for all spending (including mandatory) and discretionary spending (excluding mandatory). So it is accurate to say that it takes up half of the discretionary spending. Half of the spending that the congress and president that we elect can actually modify.

News Comments > Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is "Gold"
2. Re: Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is Dec 9, 2015, 20:42 Sepharo

To execs anything Star Wars is "gold".  

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
29. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 16:17 Sepharo

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 10:04:
Yawn,

this game is an overhyped borefest...at least for now. Nothing we have not seen already but since it has "cute" cinematics all the WoW nerds and Blizzard faboys are lining up to give it felacio

I'd agree with you had I not played it.
It's a fun well designed MP FPS.

28. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 16:16 Sepharo

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 07:39:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 22:12:
thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 22:03:
It's a little too fast-paced at the moment. If they can tune it down a notch to give the non-twitch and slightly over-the-hill (e.g. 30+) gaming crowd a chance, it'll be a great game.

I always hate this criticism. I've played with 50 year olds that can still twitch. I'll be 30 this year, I'm at the top of my twitch game. I don't doubt there is some science behind reaction speeds and what not, but please for the love of god don't slow down my MP FPS... That Doom reboot is looking slow as fuck.

Science disagrees with you - http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0094215

Science disagrees with me? Did you not read what I wrote and you quoted?

18. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 8, 2015, 04:01 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 02:39:
Hang on so the game is NOT free to play? So there will be no grinding for unlocks then am I right? Right?

*crickets*

Probably not. This update says the new characters and maps (at least initially) will be free. So I assume they'll go the Valve CS:GO route and leave the DLC/drops to be cosmetic only. Though they could go the TF2 route with slight variations on weapons but even there I haven't found much to cry about, most of those items have a significant draw back to them for balance, the default load outs are just fine, and they're easy to unlock. The rare/expensive things in TF2 are still just cosmetic. Hopefully there are no drops at all and it's just a cosmetic Blizz->You DLC market.

10. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 7, 2015, 22:12 Sepharo

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 22:03:
It's a little too fast-paced at the moment. If they can tune it down a notch to give the non-twitch and slightly over-the-hill (e.g. 30+) gaming crowd a chance, it'll be a great game.

I always hate this criticism. I've played with 50 year olds that can still twitch. I'll be 30 this year, I'm at the top of my twitch game. I don't doubt there is some science behind reaction speeds and what not, but please for the love of god don't slow down my MP FPS... That Doom reboot is looking slow as fuck.

4. Re: Overwatch Free Content Plans Dec 7, 2015, 21:04 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:25:
I'll be glad when this MOBA game frenzy is over, it shouldn't take too long with everyone and their dog releasing one.

It's really nothing like a MOBA.
It's TF2 with multiple variations on its 9 classes and more shields.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
13. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 6, 2015, 21:26 Sepharo

Genesys wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 21:09:
Tyrric wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 20:38:
I'll probably grab Full Throttle when has a sale on Steam. I played it when it came out, and from what I remember it was not very long, but at the right price I'll be willing to relive the nostalgia.

I bet it's longer than you remember I replayed it about 5 years ago, I think, and I must not have completed it when I first got it, because there was a lot more than I remembered, and there were some really hard/annoying puzzles in it.

You got stuck on the junkyard dog puzzle didn't you?
also: "I'm not puttin my lips on that."

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
6. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 6, 2015, 20:16 Sepharo

Linthat22 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:58:
Julio wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:42:
harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:21:
worthless studio

I'm with you there. Not giving them any money, they picked their SJW politics, let them live with it.

Please explain for those of us that don't understand.

Tim Schafer made a dumb joke about sock puppets and GG at an award show.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel
14. Re: Half-Life 3 Rumor Fuel Dec 6, 2015, 20:13 Sepharo

Nucas wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 18:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 18:07:
Did they actually create DOTA 2? I thought they just kinda bought that? I'm probably just confused -- getting old sucks.

little of both, like always. the dota mod changed hands a few times and when it became the most played mod in the world valve hired current designer to develop a "dota 2" with them.

it's kind of their thing. they bought the team that made narbacular drop and thus was born the similar Portal. left 4 dead was being developed by turtle rock who valve also purchased.

You're not wrong, but it's far more on the Valve developed side than a "little of both" implies. DOTA 2 was developed fully in house on the Source/2 engine. The concept, the gameplay, came from the team (or single person?) they hired from original DOTA but the code and game itself was all Valve. Original Counter-Strike and L4D have stronger claims as to being developed outside of Valve originally before being picked up.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
26. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 02:59 Sepharo

El Pit wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 02:41:
Retired wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 21:27:
ummm...you guys know there are groups - our you can HIDE them?

Bats, this is good for the people who (accidentially) bought censored games and want to get rid of them so they can replace them with the REAL games. I think it's good for people in e.g. Australia and Germany.

It also helps with getting rid of F2P crap that magically appears in your library. Or listings for Betas that you now have the full game for or utilities like a dedicated server you'll never run.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
10. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 21:47 Sepharo

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 21:45:
This totally RUINS our annual "Blue's News I found the shittiest, cheapest game and I'm gifting it to you" tradition we do every xmas!

I think I still owe Prez a payback for the $3-$5 Duke Nukem Forever he gifted me, that I forced myself to play for 3 hours...

please don't delete your snuggle trucks

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Hiatus
5. Re: Overwatch Beta Hiatus Dec 4, 2015, 04:31 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 02:30:
Lucky bastards. Would have enjoyed having access. But I never get into these things. I don't think I have ever been invited for a beta anything...ever.

I played at a friends house and loved it.
This is a bit torturous because I'm entitled as fuck and want that beta invite.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 23:07 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 09:38:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 03:56:
Also slick Titanfall was not a great fps game. It was a flash-in-the-pan success at best and is now just a Shiny P.O.S. game. If you disagree, tough, cause thats my permanent view on it.

You're entitled to your view. However mine isn't impeded by how many copies it shipped. I'm not concerned with quarterly reports when it comes to how enjoyable a game is to me.

- fast-paced arena combat with hitscan weapons. check.
- best implementation of parkour in a game IMO, wallrunning, doublejumping all perfectly weighted. check.
- motherfucking mechs, somehow balanced against infantry, yet totally beast. check.
- AI is fun, and a good start. adds intensity to the game feeling like a badass, and the feeling in your chest when you come across an enemy pilot amidst the AI, to fear them. check.

Notably all of the mechanics are in the category I'd call "fun". it's not trying to be anything else. Yes it did lack the content to be a deep experience, it was shallow, that I'll admit. but what they delivered knocked it out of the park as far as i'm concerned , and spoke to every fiber of my quake-loving being. If 13 year old me knew that eventually after quake we'd have Titanfall, I'd have a raging 13-year old boner.

One of the few times I'd have to agree with you Slick. I know we're in the minority here, but as far as an MP shooter goes it doesn't get much better than Titanfall gameplay. It's a shame they fucked up the community aspects right out the gate and it never recovered.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 1, 2015, 21:56 Sepharo

Kill or no kill... that's an idiotic name change.
Confusing users is baaad.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 22:22 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 21:56:
killer_roach wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 16:05:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 14:53:
Edit: So I looked them up and they've sold seven million songs over 15 years. There last album sold 135k copies over a period of several years. The guy only has 47k Twitter followers. So yeah, they're really not a big deal. This isn't like U2 or Adele or someone huge. They're a C level band.

Seven million units in the US alone, which in retail sales terms is almost completely albums (especially in the US where singles sales are low). Two RIAA platinum albums (which require sales of over 1,000,000 units in the US).

Granted, they're not as big of a band as they were ten years ago, but anymore 135K albums is pretty sizable (seeing as people don't buy many albums at retail anymore) - keep in mind that in the US the threshold for a top-ten-selling album in a year is around a million copies these days. (Also, Wikipedia mentions that 135K number was in the first week of release - that's a #1 album. They're at just shy of 300K in the US alone now with it, and that's after a hiatus and reshuffling of every member other than the lead singer.)

Also, using Adele and U2 as comparison points is being deliberately disingenuous, seeing as they are two of the top three selling acts in the world right now (along with Taylor Swift). The drop off between them and literally anyone else in album sales and concert revenues is massive (well, with the exception of Katy Perry on the live front). I'm beginning to think that not only are you trolling, but you're not very good at it, either. Three minutes of Googling can demolish everything you've written on this topic.

Fuck you I'm trolling. It's a completely valid comparison. Ask anyone on the street tomorrow if they've heard of Adele or US, then ask if they've heard of Breaking Benjamin. I'll bet you any amount of money you could ask a 1000 people before you meet someone who's heard of them. And another several thousand more before anyone would actually know anything about them or their music.

They were a pretty popular band. I'm 30, my peers know who Breaking Benjamin is and I'm sure that ranges at least 5 years above and below. It's not my type of music either so it's not like that's how I know of them. Face it Cutter, you're getting so old that you don't even know about things that are also considered old these days.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 17:02 Sepharo

nm  

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo