Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7529 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2015, 19:13 Sepharo

I use my own modem and router with Comcast.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHDZSI/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB9WCR6/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOMA Trailer
7. Re: SOMA Trailer Sep 19, 2015, 04:10 Sepharo

"SOMA, our upcoming sci-fi horror game, delves deep into the mysteries of subjects such as identity and consciousness."

Wow... so the same story/angle as Talos Principle?
Not that more of that is bad.. MOAR

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Black Sails - The Ghost Ship
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Black Sails - The Ghost Ship Sep 17, 2015, 22:26 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 20:14:
This looks like it might be good.

Stoked for Season 3 of the TV show too.

This isn't related to the show. But yes season 3 needs to get here quicker.

Oddly enough, I've been following Blue's on Facebook for years now and have never seen an article show up on my feed... but this one did today. I have to imagine it did because a FB algo knew that I like Black Sails... Only problem, I've never done that liking on Facebook, never posted about it or anything. Either a crazy coincidence or Facebook knows stuff about me from Amazon or another site.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
22. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 16, 2015, 01:33 Sepharo

tony wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 23:40:
A Machine for Pigs is like Dear Esther with a horror atmosphere during the late 1800's. It is, for the most part, a walking simulator with a few chase moments.

I can't give it a proper review because I got bored with the lever pulling early on and quit. It wasn't too different but I feel like Amnesia had better puzzles or game mechanics than that. Or at least it did earlier on enough so that I wouldn't lose interest.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
37. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 16, 2015, 01:28 Sepharo

Acleacius wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 07:50:
Valve can do FPS with their eyes closed, they clearly aren't moving forward because they don't have a story. It's not like Valve would let Naughty take a console crap on their property. Wouldn't hurt for Valve to hear them out on a storyline.

It's not story problems, it's innovation / engine problems. They take so long to make a game that they reset it over and over. It's now likely intended to be a killer VR app. Throw another 5 years in.

TLDR: 3drealms

News Comments > Out of the Blue
49. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 18:56 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 14:19:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 02:43:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 19:43:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:38:
The future of food is actually insects.

Have you seen Snowpiercer?

Haha yep. In addition to that there have been quite a few articles lately talking about insects as a very efficient way of creating and delivering protein and calories.

It was kind of weird how much the writing in Snowpiercer called for outrage with the insect thing. Yeah in comparison to what the upper class was eating it was bad, but at least it wasn't spoiled, or recycled human/waste or something. Food is food.

I still don't get how anyone on that train didn't die from scurvy.. where were the fruits?

Well for the insect bars they probably just sprayed them with some vitamin C in the pulverizer.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
9. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 18:50 Sepharo

They need to release their new sci-fi game already.
Though, I did manage to find a gameplay video and it looks to be like the same dumbed down switch puller that machine for pigs was. I was hoping for a bit of a return to the penumbra style gameplay/puzzles.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 02:43 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 19:43:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 14:38:

Have you seen Snowpiercer?

Haha yep. In addition to that there have been quite a few articles lately talking about insects as a very efficient way of creating and delivering protein and calories.

It was kind of weird how much the writing in Snowpiercer called for outrage with the insect thing. Yeah in comparison to what the upper class was eating it was bad, but at least it wasn't spoiled, or recycled human/waste or something. Food is food.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
25. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 18:51 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 17:40:
I'm amazed that anyone is anxiously awaiting more half life. It would be interesting to see more but at this point I just don't care.

They might as well reboot it and make it an open world game.

I've given up anxiously expecting it but when it comes out I'll be excited to play it.

And a hell-no to open world. We need an innovative, well written and designed, fun FPS primarily SP with a new MP engine. And that's probably what's taking so long combined with Valve's rolling desk situation.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 18:49 Sepharo

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 17:49:
Rhett wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:41:
Absolutely despise these ISPs today, but...

I did contact TWC's support twitter telling them I'm about to cancel because of my high bill ($150/mo for basic cable and 15mbit down/3mbit up internet) and they lowered it by $50 for a year. From one tweet. So if anyone's dealing with a similar bill, I recommend doing that.

Albeit you have to create a twit account (which can be a throwaway! it doesn't have to be tied to your main emails or anything)

120 down/25 up; with OTA channels on a cable box + HBO/HBOGO; $60/mo. Xfinity can be surprisingly easy to haggle down. You just have to find the right person to talk to. If someone can't give you better deal, keep calling until you find someone that will.

What's the city? And how long does the deal last?

I have a lot of friends who've done the haggling but I don't look forward to having to do that every 6 months.
I told them, just give me the fastest internet only deal you have. And that started at 30 and today it's at 90 with no haggling and just gradual price increases. I think it went from $70 to 84 over however many years it has been. But yeah to include the kind of TV I'm interested in would make it far too expensive without haggling limited deals from them all of the time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 16:05 Sepharo

I pay $80 for 75 Mbps but I've seen it go to 90 Mbps lately.

Then I pay for Amazon Prime and Netflix (recently canceled Hulu).

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 14:38 Sepharo

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 13:39 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:34:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 13:20:
Verno tying for second by picking all the favored picks.
Looks like 3 others did the same.

I don't trust the favored thing, its a combination of historicals and my gut. I thought most of the week one picks were no brainers but of course we always get a few surprises like the Rams and the Bills.

I do often check what a few analysts think but that's mainly for my fantasy and survivor league since I have a bit of money in those.

I almost went with all the favored picks but then mixed in three against-the-grain (won't say they're upsets) picks... And got all three of those wrong. So mix that in with the other 3, I got 6 wrong.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2015, 13:20 Sepharo

Verno tying for second by picking all the favored picks.
Looks like 3 others did the same.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
9. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 12, 2015, 03:40 Sepharo

This game has far more gameplay than Dear Esther (which has zero from my measure). People calling it a walking simulator and that the puzzles are trial and error just don't know how to pay attention to a game like this properly.

I love stuff like this that doesn't have the handholding. Unfortunately the puzzles do get pretty formulaic. Each zone has a clue find combined with a puzzle, then after you complete all that you need to piece together the events in the order that they happened (yes you can brute force / trial and error this but it's far more rewarding to actually sit back and give it some thought). Also each area features an extra puzzle / hidden scene told from the perspective of Ethan (that then unlocks a page of his stories/diary), some of these extra scenes are really neat.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2015, 03:20 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 07:44:
And the comms were coach to coach, not coach to player.....

I'm wary of calling it foul play as well, but what I've quoted there from you isn't correct. Belichick himself said they were having problems communicating with Brady last night.

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Born
13. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Born Sep 11, 2015, 04:09 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 02:28:
Pandas are from China, hence fake Pandas

What does this even mean?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 16:50 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 16:01:
Looks like almost 50 entries in the BN Football picks, and another 15 or so in the spread league.

HAVE FUN! Good luck.

Do other player picks not show up in the grid until after they lock?

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
24. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 9, 2015, 23:12 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 14:24:
Bodolza wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 23:05:
You're narrowing the definition of EDM to fit your point of view. It stands for Electronic Dance Music.

From 1969: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OMfUleLFM

So, because this cheap Beach Boys knockoff has a guy dancing (if you can call it that) and some bizarre electronic effects for 10 seconds in the middle of the song, it is EDM? I don't think so.

You should probably read up on the guy.

News Comments > SMITE on Steam
6. Re: SMITE on Steam Sep 8, 2015, 20:56 Sepharo

Makes me wonder why it wasn't on there before. They seem to be hinting that Steam didn't have good quality free to play games before? Or wasn't supporting them? Not really sure where they would get that from... Once they were possible they were possible.. what was the hold up?  

7529 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo