Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:54:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:46:
Did you watch it? He's taking the 5th on stuff that he doesn't really need too.

Yeah, I wouldn't take Congress' word on that either. It seemed like a whole lot of "trust us, the DA won't use this against you! It's perfectly fine to answer this innocuous question!" to me.

The trolling description is being applied because of the smirking, eye rolling, and comments like, "I'll take my counsels advice over yours."

But you're right, he totally can do that. But pleading the fifth while being a grinning twat, yeah I'd consider that trolling.

Boohoo. Poor Congress.

I think you misunderstood the point of my reply... You said it wasn't trolling, I'm saying it was. I don't give a tinker's fuck about congress' feelings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > H1Z1 Becomes Two Games
6. Re: H1Z1 Becomes Two Games Feb 5, 2016, 22:56 Sepharo

I think the King of the Hill / Battle Royale gameplay was way more popular than they were expecting. They were spending their resources on further fleshing out the long term survival game but everyone was playing the quick battle royale game.

I don't think it's necessary to split them though, they were already separate modes and there is plenty of crossover enhancements. A bug in one is a bug in the other.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 23:46 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 21:47:
I'm not sure why they call it trolling. It's called the Fifth Amendment. As much as our government likes to pretend it doesn't, the Constitution is actually valid for everyone, even asshats like Shkreli.

The FTC has a criminal case pending against him, so OF COURSE he isn't going to answer Congress' questions. Nobody would have.

Now the question is whether Congress will hold him in Contempt of Congress, but that hasn't happened too often.

Did you watch it? He's taking the 5th on stuff that he doesn't really need too. The trolling description is being applied because of the smirking, eye rolling, and comments like, "I'll take my counsels advice over yours."

But you're right, he totally can do that. But pleading the fifth while being a grinning twat, yeah I'd consider that trolling.

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week
5. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week Feb 4, 2016, 16:30 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 06:23:
fun for a few hours then gets stale. needs a real MOBA mode, without it it's just small-scale arena stuff with a couple objectives.

God no. It's fine if you get bored with competitive MP FPS but many don't. You can keep your moba, rpg, progression, elements out of it. Go play those if that's what you want.

I happened to watch Total Biscuit's review of the beta last night and agree with pretty much everything he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP8PtDxxHpU

It's going to be very exciting seeing the competitive scene that develops around this game.

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week
2. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week Feb 4, 2016, 03:37 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 01:26:
Anyone lucky enough to try this out? How is it looking at this point?

There was a lot of discussion on it during the last beta but it's been on break for a long while. I'm excited to see the changes for the new beta.

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced
17. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 04:09 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 02:28:
Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:45:
Episode VII was "terrible"?

so edgy

The movie was terrible.

Seriously Slick, is there a corporate cock you won't suck?

Wow so this is for real. Never thought I'd encounter one in the wild.

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Announced
13. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Feb 2, 2016, 18:27 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:07:
canuck wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:06:
Why is it that everyone is comparing it to battlefield?
Battalion 1944 ~= Battlefield 1942. Same number of syllables, similar structure in the name, many of the same sounds, etc. It's what you'd call a game if you wanted to call it BF1942 without actually calling it BF1942.

Yeah but Blue's joke has distracted from the video where they say they're essentially going for Call of Duty 2. Now everyone thinks it's a spiritual successor to BF1942.

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Announced
8. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Feb 2, 2016, 16:31 Sepharo

I'm repostin my post from the original post.

The most important thing to get right in an MP shooter is the feel of the gunplay and movement. I'm using the word "feel" because there really isn't a better way to describe it. So it's commendable that these guys want to return to an unlock free, skill based MP shooter set in WW2, but if they don't get the feel down nobody is going to keep playing. I wish them luck.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 19:00 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 07:26:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 18:43:
Blue, I'm curious about why you deleted the Battalion 1944 post.

Because I am incapable of reading, and failed to note the announcement was embargoed. Please pretend this never happened and act surprised tomorrow.

Well that would explain it
Thanks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2016, 18:43 Sepharo

Blue, I'm curious about why you deleted the Battalion 1944 post.  

News Comments > Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed
12. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 30, 2016, 19:32 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 13:26:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 16:21:
The problem as I'm reading it that somehow Valve allowed community servers to modify the inventory accessible from the out-of-game menu. That should have never been possible. A community server should be able to have custom weapons, mods, give access to facsimiles of actual normally unlockable weapons skins... It just shouldn't affect the actual inventory or what people see in trade windows. Sounds much more like a Valve bug than the nefarious thing they're making it seem like. Just fix it so they can't do that and move on.
Come on now, that's NEVER been valve's way. They just take a hammer and fix things in the easiest way possible that puts the load on someone else... which is not to fix the bug. At least for the first wave. Maybe they'll do another fix or two in the future before getting around to fixing the root problem (which will likely only happen if someone exploits it even more)

If you read my follow up post you'll see that I conceded to being wrong about the inventory.
There's nothing technical Valve can do about non-inventory items via mods using the same model and name as market/unlockable item. Well nothing other than what they've done by making it against the rules and revoking credentials. Though I would have rather they not made the rules and just made it clear that community server mods are not official, player beware, etc.

News Comments >
3. Re: Battalion 1944 Announced Jan 29, 2016, 23:46 Sepharo

The most important thing to get right in an MP shooter is the feel of the gunplay and movement. I'm using the word "feel" because there really isn't a better way to describe it. So it's commendable that these guys want to return to an unlock free, skill based MP shooter set in WW2, but if they don't get the feel down nobody is going to keep playing. I wish them luck.  

News Comments > The Ship: Remasted Trailer
2. Re: The Ship: Remasted Trailer Jan 29, 2016, 23:15 Sepharo

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 22:59:
I'm shocked they're still cracking away at this, it seemed like the last one was in hospice from the get go.

I've only played the steam mod but it was fun. Only AssCreed and Spy Party have really taken any of the ideas since then.

The last news update said they had more players in December than at any other time during the 10 years it has been out.

9. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 19:34 Sepharo

They updated again and crossed out the part that said: it is also not acceptable to provide players with custom models and/or weapon skins that do not exist in the CS:GO ecosystem]

Which is good because that effectively would have banned things like sticky nades.

But after reading their new clarifications it does seem the issue was simply possessing a valve weapon skin in game if the server mod gave it to you... Not the inventory angle I mentioned earlier. I guess it just aided in scamming or they didn't like how it circumvented their rare weapon system. Servers should still be able to give you some nonsense like "gold M4A1" but they can't give you "Factory New Dragon King" for example.

8. Re: Offensive Counter-Strike Global Offensive Severs Closed Jan 29, 2016, 16:21 Sepharo

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 16:15:
There is nothing stopping people from modding the game here. It just won't be a ranked server. Considering there is a inventory/barter economy going they are kind of forced in to dealing with these problems on ranked servers.

If some one wants to mod CS:GO nothing is going to stop them if they want to make another CS:Zombies or surf or what ever custom mode.

No you misunderstood. When Valve says "community servers" they are specifically already talking about unranked servers.

The problem as I'm reading it that somehow Valve allowed community servers to modify the inventory accessible from the out-of-game menu. That should have never been possible. A community server should be able to have custom weapons, mods, give access to facsimiles of actual normally unlockable weapons skins... It just shouldn't affect the actual inventory or what people see in trade windows. Sounds much more like a Valve bug than the nefarious thing they're making it seem like. Just fix it so they can't do that and move on.

News Comments > The Ship Free Weekend
1. Re: The Ship Free Weekend Jan 29, 2016, 03:57 Sepharo

I didn't even realize it was seeing its highest amount of players 10 years after launch when a few weeks ago I said it was ahead of it's time. Guess that was more right than I knew.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Announced
21. Re: Conan Exiles Announced Jan 28, 2016, 16:33 Sepharo

Trailer voice sounds like (reminds me of) the dude from the Hatred trailer.  

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Announced
6. Re: Hard Reset Redux Announced Jan 28, 2016, 01:11 Sepharo

Icewind wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 01:01:
Outdated graphics? I still have yet to see an FPS look as good as this. Shadow Warrior 2 looked amazing though during E3.

Some y'all are sarcasm deaf.

See the word "primitive" before "four year-old"?
That's the give away right there a-yup.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
18. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 20:22 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 11:15:
Feels more like being locked in a zoo cage and told to chase that monkey! Do it fast or he turns into a gorilla! Isn't it fun chasing him!

LOL

News Comments > Sven Co-op Released
2. Re: Sven Co-op Released Jan 23, 2016, 16:19 Sepharo

Acleacius wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 15:59:
Strange, I don't see any mention of the original campaign. When I read the FAQ, it did mention Sven will never work with Source. That seems strange, but whatever it's his software.

What do you mean by original campaign?
As far as I know this is the original HL mod just able to run standalone without HL with Valve's blessing.

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo