Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7597 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month
11. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 22, 2016, 03:32 Sepharo

intermarer wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 02:15:
Does anyone know what the progression system will be like?

They had an interview a while back that went through all the progression stuff they threw out. So that was kind of promising.

Edit:
A little searching came back with this (not the interview I was talking about):

Progression System
We will have a progression system in place when beta returns.
Overwatch has had two different progression systems in the past that were scrapped.
They do not want the progression system to be a burden to players, that tells you how to play.
No player power through progression - purely cosmetic.
People have responded well to skins, they're going to look at more customization like that for the system.
More based on time investment rather than skill, but with proper balance, skilled players will be able to progress faster.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 22, 2016, 01:52 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 00:52:
and speaking of quad kill, the "play of the game" feature at the end is fucking amazing. And in general being able to "thumbs up" players who did good at the end of the round (not limited to players on your own team) is cool, really like the presentation. Gameplay needs some tweaks...

Trying to predict what will be play of the game is fun in and of itself.

7. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 22, 2016, 01:50 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 00:51:
didn't have much fun with support class, but I'll give zenyatta a try, was that the "DJ"? I def tried that one out just because i couldn't stop laughing.

And Mei I def had the most fun with, ven if i did the best with the soldier. that CC is so much fun, if I was playing with a real team on comms then I can see how it'd be amazing. And I might be remembering this wrong, but I swear I did an icewall and then lobbed my frost nova nuke over it with the enemies all piled up on the other side, got a quad kill. Might have put the wall up after i threw it tho...

Not not the DJ, the robotic yoga monk.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/zenyatta/

3. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 21, 2016, 20:20 Sepharo

I really liked Zenyatta.
I don't like having to reload or having a limited amount of slow shots. He has a pretty consistent rate of decent damage attacks. And then has 1 orb for healing a single teammate and 1 orb for increasing dmg on a single enemy and neither have a cool down (but can only be on one person at a time). So you see a guy with low health give him the heal orb. Anyone you're shooting at gets the increase dmg orb, and that constant simple attack he has gets stronger. His ultimate is then a giant healing radius for the whole team. So he's pretty simple to play and you're still helping your team while being able to wrack up the kills.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
16. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 18:45 Sepharo

I managed to skip FC4 and only played 3 for a bit so I'm not as burned out as most of you are. Blood Dragon, while interesting for the cutscenes and dialog, felt waaay too generic/pointless and the art made my eyes hurt. Since Far Cry has basically become an animal hunting game anyway, I think this stone age setting is going to fit very well and is more interesting than fighting generic jungle commandos in their randomly scattered bases. I realize it's the same formula but the setting seems to fit that formula better.  

1. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 21, 2016, 18:41 Sepharo

Hmm team deathmatch or capture the flag?
Neither? Something new?

Really hope I get into the beta. Blizzard TF2 was pretty damn fun for the handful of matches I got to play at my friend's place.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
3. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:55 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:07:
Very pretty, though holy shit do they go overboard on the freaking bloom.

I applaud Ubisoft for being willing to take a chance with the IP, rather than just doing Yet Another Far Cry, but I do wish they'd start showing off some actual gameplay, rather than just snippets of what are essentially cutscenes (or background animations.)

For example, one of the big questions I have is how is the melee going to work? Just the same as in the other Far Cry games, ie, hit a button for melee, or will there actually be a proper melee system?

They had like a 2 hour gameplay video last time this was on Blues.

edit: CJ beat me to it as I was getting screwed by the weird URL stuff here.

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
8. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 19:21 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 06:52:
Action HL and the "original" beta of CS as well here Was a lot of fun when weapons actually persisted over rounds (in CS) so you hoarded the weapons of your dead enemies (And the stupid bots ,p) especially in cs_hangar in that control room. HL DM was also kinda fun in LAN + internet.. new stuff back then

There weren't bots in the gun running era of CS. The first fan made / amateur bots were created after gun running had already been removed (in beta 4.0).

News Comments > Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced
9. Re: Cities Skylines Snowfall Announced Jan 19, 2016, 18:47 Sepharo

It is not listed in the features but the video appears to show a ski path. I hope that's a designable/placeable special path and not just a new animation for pedestrians on regular paths.  

News Comments > The Ship: Remasted Next Month
11. Re: The Ship: Remasted Next Month Jan 18, 2016, 18:32 Sepharo

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 13:04:
Probably putting this back on the radar's for YouTube consumption. Much like how Trouble in Terrorist Town did ok on YouTube for a while.

If on YouTube with my preferred let's players I will enjoy the laughs. But buying it again from the original base version in my steam catalog, no.

Yeah this game was far ahead of its time. It's perfect for today's streamers and youtubers.

News Comments > New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic
16. Re: New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic Jan 15, 2016, 01:02 Sepharo

Tyrric wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 00:59:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 22:53:
The AAA episodic route didn't work for Valve and nobody else has tried it with anything other than adventure games.

There was Sonic 4, and I'm sure we all remember how awesome those three episodes turned out

What about the SiN Episodes?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 15:39 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:37:
Eh, I think PewDiePie is pretty funny in small doses. I just don't see him going off Youtube as a winning proposition for him. I think the large majority of his followers don't want to start going to multiple sites to get their entertainment, and they'll just stick with YT.

You misunderstood. He's not going off YouTube, Disney is giving him the resources to run his own YouTube channel / network of channels. So right now he only controls himself, this would be him bringing in channels of his choosing. He was already under Maker Studios which Disney owns. Think of it in terms of music labels, like there is Interscope - Aftermath - Shady Records.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 04:33 Sepharo

MT Silver wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 04:17:
So are they - on their phones.
Today's teens are no less social than we were. It's just that they hang around in a world you are not invited to.

Don't shatter his old man bubble dude.

He's not even bitching about the right generation, pewdewpie's viewers are solidly in Generation Z.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2016, 04:39.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 18:26 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 17:55:
It seems like a solution in search of a problem to me, unless they planned to market it solely to the ultra-niche "Hardcore Gamers Who Wants Laptops" demographic.

I'm always jealous of my friend with a gaming laptop. Wherever he goes to visit he's got it with him and can LAN on the fly. For me that would be a whole operation and I'd hurt my back. But... The better gaming system is still the desktop, and my portable web browser is my phone and/or tablet.

I have the money for both the gaming laptop and the desktop... But it just feels so damn wasteful. I'm seriously considering a laptop but I know I'll feel robbed via performance price ratio.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
30. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 10, 2016, 03:21 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 02:08:
Yawn! Really.

And what's with the see through everything attribute. Is there some magic involved?

You mark them with the owl... Which is essentially binoculars from the previous games. You don't have to do it.

I'd like to see a video of the no UI option.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 9, 2016, 20:07 Sepharo

Never knew people (still) play Gears of Wars competitively.
Especially not to that degree.

12. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 06:25 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 05:13:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 01:31:
You can control an owl.
I'm sold.

You don't really control the Owl it fly's in circles.

Nah I watched the video. It's controllable. It can also do dive attacks and drop bombs.

9. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 01:31 Sepharo

You can control an owl.
I'm sold.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 17:19:
Hey! That's Trevor from GTA5 in that Old Spice commercial. Man, he's pretty ripped. I didn't realize they modeled Trevor so close to him physically.

He has a pretty Trevor-like character in an episode of Better Call Saul. Should check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
42. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 20:15 Sepharo

Timmeh wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 16:21:
Inventing the worlds first digital content delivery service that changed the world is not hard work?

I guess you qualified it with "that changed the world" but Stardock would still be upset to hear "the world's first digital content delivery service" applied to Steam.

7597 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo