Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
23. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 4, 2016, 00:06 Sepharo

Fletch wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 23:51:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 17:58:
I really dislike how there is no save (except for character), making everything constantly respawn. There is never a feeling of accomplishment on 'Saving the World', everything is still there. Protest

Ridiculous. It's like Diablo. It would be pretty hard to level up if everything you killed in one game was still dead the next time you played, not to mention boss runs for high-end loot would be a little difficult. Find the next rift before you quit and you won't have to go back over the same areas again if you don't want to. Have you ever even played Diablo or TQ?

I've logged over 800 hours in GD. Awesome PC game.

Kind of bad examples, since in both Diablo and Diablo 2 the enemies did stay down during the SP campaign. Pretty sure they did in Titan Quest as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
9. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 3, 2016, 00:08 Sepharo

rawbelly wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 23:54:
Knuckleheads. Read the official forum post. They refuted the speculation. It was a bug. Click bait nonsense. Move along. Wait for patch.

Blue included that in his writeup.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
6. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 2, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Nice Blue  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1168. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 1, 2016, 03:34 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 23:42:
No one tell Sepharo but I'm trying for the third time for the last post!

You got a few extra days out of it because I was skiing in Colorado

Well, Quinn too I guess

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
12. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 01:14 Sepharo

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 00:37:
They updated Steam's UI AGAIN! Jesus. I just want a list mode. I'm sorry, I own more than 10 games, scrolling through them all is bullshit. I miss the old version.

Edit: I'm sure it's awesome like win98, but no thanks.

I just updated and restarted. Same view modes for the library are still there. Click View, top three entries should be "Games Detail" "Games List" "Games Grid". Detail shows the most games in one list.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
23. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 12:04 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 08:41:
We're really showing our age, I think, with basically zero percent of the bluesnews people using what's considered a common social program these days.

Actually Twitter use is in decline. You've held out long enough to see it both rise and fall. It peaked in the summer of 2014. 15% of Americans uses Twitter, which is still a very impressive number, but not in comparison to Facebook at 58%. LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, even Google+ have higher penetration percentages than Twitter.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire
15. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 21:29 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 20:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:37:
theglaze wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:34:
When someone is "better" than me because they have faster reflexes, more accurate aiming, better hearing, superior game sense, and just plan logged more hours...yeah it's natural to think they cheat. The unfortunate truth is that they usually don't, especially if you download the demo to review.

/me passes out from disbelief Whew

Someone other than myself making this rational argument?! Can't be!

Don't worry, it's not. He's cheating at MessageBoard GO

I've got all the message board cheat codes.

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
68. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 18:04 Sepharo

Cool as a cucumber  

10. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 17:15 Sepharo

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 16:23:
Seph, do you ever get the operations? Is there a point?

I get them for the little skill challenges and unlocks. I'm a whore though and pay to open every case I get. I rationalize it because I mostly plays Arms Race and GunGame normally where the drops are very infrequent... but yeah I don't want to know how many times I've spent $2.50 on a key. Disposable, super disposable, income... yay I guess.

65. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 17:03 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 16:00:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:18:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:14:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:45:
I brought up no go areas? I see we are back at putting words in people mouths.

Ahh sorry. I see that was eraser, sorry about that.
I even checked to make sure and still messed it up because of the quotes. Truly sorry.
Oh, all of the sudden you do care about baseless accusations you utter?
Dont expect me to believe such an alibi comment.

You might be going crazy man. I always apologize if I've made a mistake.

I don't understand what problem you have with the term by the way even though it was definitely me that mentioned it It's the 1:1 translation of official reports on the situation with Albanian clans and Russian mafia-like structures (and now, Tunisian/Moroccan gangs). Heck today the government announced it checks whether the FSB is essentially financing those Russian closed communities to act as propaganda tools to destabilize Germany.... you couldn't make this shit up even if you wanted, which is why I don't. Reality is already sad enough.

Never once said these areas had anything to do with Muslims or refugees, I said we learned our lessons from flawed immigration politics back 1990 that created nogo areas and parallel societies that live in locked down ghettos essentially. Which is another thing you could find in the Bundesverfassungsschutz-Bericht I got this term from. It's an official paper brochure (more like a book, really) you can get here every now and then, updated every year.

The same things is said about neighborhoods in the UK, France, and the United States regardless of the particular minority in the area. It's just about always bullshit. It has been in the news here recently because Republican candidates were using it to scaremonger... "Soon we'll be like Europe full of "no go zones" ruled by Muslims etc." Of course left leaning organizations said they didn't exist and right leaning ones vociferously reiterated that they did. Our local "no go zones" in Detroit here used to be anywhere south of 8 Mile (like the movie). Ooooh scary areas with only black people, you're certain to get shot! When that nonsense died out it became Dearborn and Hamtramck, Muslim majority cities where Sharia is the only rule of law! (which is bs of course). Are there issues in these places? Of course. But treating the area as a pariah doesn't fix that problem, it makes it worse. As the racist pricks who caused the "white flight" around here die out things get better. People are moving back into these areas and they're being revitalized, though I guess that brings the opposite problem of "gentrification". /end ramble

Sorry that doesn't really hit a point, but gives you an idea of where I'm coming from as it relates to "no go zones". I find it hard to believe that you haven't heard of it in a contemporary context, and are only familiar with it from the early 90s. But oh well.

6. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 15:37 Sepharo

theglaze wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:34:
When someone is "better" than me because they have faster reflexes, more accurate aiming, better hearing, superior game sense, and just plan logged more hours...yeah it's natural to think they cheat. The unfortunate truth is that they usually don't, especially if you download the demo to review.

/me passes out from disbelief Whew

Someone other than myself making this rational argument?! Can't be!

60. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 14:20 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:17:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:07:
I can't remember, are either of you two Americans now or are you both still Germans? I'm thinking Germans because if you were Americans you'd realize how hilarious it is that one of you is citing Doner Kebabs and the other a Muslim girlfirend as why you're not far rightists. It's like some Poe's Law level stuff there. "I'm not racist, I had a black girlfriend!"

Its because as a German you are constantly confronted with people who call you a Nazi and right winger when you criticize anything foreign. It has actually become part of our culture after WW2 to feel judged all the time in that aspect. There are quite a few good sociological and psychological studies about it. Some by Americans.
I already gave you a few hints, you would have understood, if you were objective: The flag ones.
But you guys prove it: Its useless, you wont believe anything that might question your blind ideology.

I mean I figured you were probably still German. Wasn't sure about Eraser. Was just checking since our resident Dutch actually lives in Oklahoma

59. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 14:18 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:14:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:57:

I even checked to make sure and still messed it up because of the quotes. Truly sorry.
Oh, all of the sudden you do care about baseless accusations you utter?
Dont expect me to believe such an alibi comment.

You might be going crazy man. I always apologize if I've made a mistake.

56. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 14:07 Sepharo

I can't remember, are either of you two Americans now or are you both still Germans? I'm thinking Germans because if you were Americans you'd realize how hilarious it is that one of you is citing Doner Kebabs and the other a Muslim girlfirend as why you're not far rightists. It's like some Poe's Law level stuff there. "I'm not racist, I had a black girlfriend!"  

54. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 13:57 Sepharo

4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 13:33 Sepharo

Nuke was already in GO. This is just a redesign to make it more acceptable for competitive play.  

50. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 13:13 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:10:
descender wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 12:43:
Wanting everyone to assimilate and be exactly like you and your culture sounds a lot like some lingering "master race" reich-wing issues. There are some really tone-deaf posts in this thread lol...

Globalization of culture is the new normal. Embrace it or get run over by it, your choice. Just don't be surprised when other people find your views a bit insensitive and xenophobic.

Wow, finally. Others tried to hide it behind many words and trolling, to not look too stupid, but youre straight out. Thanks for that at least. Saves a lot of arguing.
But sorry, youre completely wrong. Simply put: You cant read and imagine things you want to see.
Your globalization already created lots of wars and it will only get worse. Borders are there for a reason.
Remember your post here when you or your loved ones become a roadkill of your globalization, because embracing a car coming at you will still get you run over.

I didn't need to hide anything. You freely wrote all that stuff out on your own. I just exposed what I knew would be there.

You act like there isn't a huge contingent just like that in the U.S. ... the leading republican candidate is a reality TV show star and long time clown who wants to ban all Muslims from coming to the U.S.

Edit: Hell you even brought up "no go areas". Could it be any clearer?
Oops, got the wrong guy.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2016, 13:58.

46. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 11:02 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:58:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:44:
Are you getting hung up on the word "test" maybe?
Fine, then what did you mean by,

"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws."

How would "willing to integrate" and "adapt to our values" be determined? That's what I had a problem with.

It's a very specific question. I don't care about the difference between Germany and the United States, immigrants and refugees, or the other stuff you've given me paragraphs about when I've quoted your own words back to you. Specifically what do you mean by "values" as something separate from laws? What are these values that you claim the United States is taking into account when accepting people into the country?

I named those in my very fist comments and how they dont respect them. Values can be laws and simple moral values. For example we in Germany have huge problems with Muslim kids who dont want to listen to female teachers, refuse to be taught by one, because they dont respect women, as taught by their religion. Is it a law to listen to your teacher and behave not like the biggest douche bag macho there can be? No. Its still a massive problem.
Some are laws, though. Like not beating women up because they dared to speak up to you.

And how are those being checked by the United States?
"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values"

43. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 10:44 Sepharo

Are you getting hung up on the word "test" maybe?
Fine, then what did you mean by,

"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws."

How would "willing to integrate" and "adapt to our values" be determined? That's what I had a problem with.

It's a very specific question. I don't care about the difference between Germany and the United States, immigrants and refugees, or the other stuff you've given me paragraphs about when I've quoted your own words back to you. Specifically what do you mean by "values" as something separate from laws? What are these values that you claim the United States is taking into account when accepting people into the country?

39. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 09:13 Sepharo

It's amazing how you'll go into things that I'm not even talking about and then claim I don't understand them. My responses are very limited, yours are very broad.

I never said there is a test about values

I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws.

Edit: Oops there's your edit again. Who is judging the moral character and how? It's a bullshit line, unless it's simply covering "law-abiding", which I've already said is fine. But you can keep denying that you've repeatedly mentioned nebulous "values" even though everyone can see what you typed. There is no values test to get in the U.S. Yes the U.S. does have a different procedure for immigration than Germany does, big deal... That wasn't my contention. And this whole conversation on the immigration process is out my original scope anyway. Refer to my very first post in this thread. I'll expand, I'm glad I don't live in a country where national identity is predicated on language, race, ethnicity, or religion.

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo