Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7567 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic
16. Re: New Hitman Goes Fully Episodic Jan 15, 2016, 01:02 Sepharo

Tyrric wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 00:59:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 22:53:
The AAA episodic route didn't work for Valve and nobody else has tried it with anything other than adventure games.

There was Sonic 4, and I'm sure we all remember how awesome those three episodes turned out

What about the SiN Episodes?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 15:39 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 09:37:
Eh, I think PewDiePie is pretty funny in small doses. I just don't see him going off Youtube as a winning proposition for him. I think the large majority of his followers don't want to start going to multiple sites to get their entertainment, and they'll just stick with YT.

You misunderstood. He's not going off YouTube, Disney is giving him the resources to run his own YouTube channel / network of channels. So right now he only controls himself, this would be him bringing in channels of his choosing. He was already under Maker Studios which Disney owns. Think of it in terms of music labels, like there is Interscope - Aftermath - Shady Records.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 04:33 Sepharo

MT Silver wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 04:17:
So are they - on their phones.
Today's teens are no less social than we were. It's just that they hang around in a world you are not invited to.

Don't shatter his old man bubble dude.

He's not even bitching about the right generation, pewdewpie's viewers are solidly in Generation Z.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2016, 04:39.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 18:26 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 17:55:
It seems like a solution in search of a problem to me, unless they planned to market it solely to the ultra-niche "Hardcore Gamers Who Wants Laptops" demographic.

I'm always jealous of my friend with a gaming laptop. Wherever he goes to visit he's got it with him and can LAN on the fly. For me that would be a whole operation and I'd hurt my back. But... The better gaming system is still the desktop, and my portable web browser is my phone and/or tablet.

I have the money for both the gaming laptop and the desktop... But it just feels so damn wasteful. I'm seriously considering a laptop but I know I'll feel robbed via performance price ratio.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
30. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 10, 2016, 03:21 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 02:08:
Yawn! Really.

And what's with the see through everything attribute. Is there some magic involved?

You mark them with the owl... Which is essentially binoculars from the previous games. You don't have to do it.

I'd like to see a video of the no UI option.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 9, 2016, 20:07 Sepharo

Never knew people (still) play Gears of Wars competitively.
Especially not to that degree.

12. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 06:25 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 05:13:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 01:31:
You can control an owl.
I'm sold.

You don't really control the Owl it fly's in circles.

Nah I watched the video. It's controllable. It can also do dive attacks and drop bombs.

9. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 01:31 Sepharo

You can control an owl.
I'm sold.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 17:19:
Hey! That's Trevor from GTA5 in that Old Spice commercial. Man, he's pretty ripped. I didn't realize they modeled Trevor so close to him physically.

He has a pretty Trevor-like character in an episode of Better Call Saul. Should check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
42. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 20:15 Sepharo

Timmeh wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 16:21:
Inventing the worlds first digital content delivery service that changed the world is not hard work?

I guess you qualified it with "that changed the world" but Stardock would still be upset to hear "the world's first digital content delivery service" applied to Steam.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2016, 18:18 Sepharo

I keep trying to figure out where a stormtrooper defects and joins the rebellion in A New Hope. Can't seem to find it but I know it has to be there.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent
11. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 7, 2016, 05:02 Sepharo

I made my point already, not much more to add.

You just have zero basis to claim that you're finding the hackers that others aren't. It's a pet peeve of mine, it's not like you're the first person I've seen make claims like this.
Overwatch gives zero feedback, you don't know your rating score, you don't know others' scores. You don't know the result of the votes or investigation. What is known is that Overwatch participants are chosen by experience, not skill level, and the votes of those with higher Overwatch scores are given more weight in the end result.

Also what makes you think I haven't seen such guides before?

You're going to tell me I sound like an angry 14 year old after making a post full of caps and exclamation points?

9. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 6, 2016, 18:01 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 06:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 00:41:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:00:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 21:29:
Counterstrike is like professional cycling... I just asume everyone is cheating.
A lot are cheating. I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned. You see that on how Overwatch works. Only if there is a more or less consensus on that the player cheated, he will be punished and you will get a message that he was. But most people only report the real obvious ones, the ragehackers and very often you dont get a message for cases where the hacker hid it well, because people just dont have the experience to see it. Thus the ones trying to hide it (but obvious to people with experience) are not getting banned!

Also CSGO being that long one of the top selling games, makes it obvious that still a lot of people are getting banned and buying a new one. And I can confirm that too. There still are a lot of ragehackers, or people who dont hide it very well.

And this here is one of those people in denial about how good people can get at CS. All those years yelling "hacker" at anyone doing decent has left you unable to distinguish reality. Hiding behind "experience" as if you're the only one able to distinguish a real hacker, your vote counts more than the others huh?

Though it must be shitty believing that everyone is subtly hacking all the time.
Oh they're just so good at hiding it!

Youre an idiot. I never said there cant be good players. Actually there are a lot of submissions where someone just is good. As I said, people just lack experience to judge whats cheating and whats not. And youre obviously one of them, and thus part of the problem since you think its not a huge problem. And no, I dont think I know it best of all. There are actually a lot of guides out there to teach people how to spot cheating. Just take a look at one and be surprised. You might turn into the person you think I am.

You said this:
I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned.

There is no training or experience that makes you able to see subtle cheaters better than someone else to the degree to which you're describing. It's not something that can be quantified or stated authoritatively like you're trying to do. You are most likely accusing people of cheating who don't. I've seen it for 15 years now, admins and others who claim to have all this experience in detecting cheats, banning innocent people. Great aim, map awareness, perfect timing... these can all fool people into thinking that someone is wallhacking or aimbotting... they'll say it's subtle, they're toggling it, they wrote their own hack that's so good it's nearly undetectable... but the simple truth is that they're most likely not hacking, they're just good. Are there hackers like the ones you describe? Of course, but they're not common and far from "the vast majority". Basically I take issue with your certainty and the idea that out of everyone who watched and said "no hacks" somehow you're the right one by going against that. Could not those people also have the experience and finely honed hacker sniffing skills as yourself?

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 18:11.

5. Re: Counter-Strike Bans Made Permanent Jan 6, 2016, 00:41 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:00:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 21:29:
Counterstrike is like professional cycling... I just asume everyone is cheating.
A lot are cheating. I was in Overwatch once and saw whats really happening, but I also noticed that cheaters, who try to hide it, and which are the vast majority, are not getting banned. You see that on how Overwatch works. Only if there is a more or less consensus on that the player cheated, he will be punished and you will get a message that he was. But most people only report the real obvious ones, the ragehackers and very often you dont get a message for cases where the hacker hid it well, because people just dont have the experience to see it. Thus the ones trying to hide it (but obvious to people with experience) are not getting banned!

Also CSGO being that long one of the top selling games, makes it obvious that still a lot of people are getting banned and buying a new one. And I can confirm that too. There still are a lot of ragehackers, or people who dont hide it very well.

And this here is one of those people in denial about how good people can get at CS. All those years yelling "hacker" at anyone doing decent has left you unable to distinguish reality. Hiding behind "experience" as if you're the only one able to distinguish a real hacker, your vote counts more than the others huh?

Though it must be shitty believing that everyone is subtly hacking all the time.
Oh they're just so good at hiding it!

News Comments > Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers
6. Re: Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers Jan 5, 2016, 23:29 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:00:
Overon wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:56:
Did they mitigate the simulation sickness problem somehow?

Also how much did you have to donate to be eligible for this thing?

I presume "pledged for a Rift DK" means enough to have received a DK1 or DK2.

It's obviously good for the Rift's adoption but still, this is generous. I bought mine on eBay so I'm outta luck.

I have a DK2 but I bought it from their website long after the Kickstarter. So I didn't "pledge" anything.

News Comments > Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed
3. Re: Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed Jan 5, 2016, 06:41 Sepharo

Goodbye MLG.
They could have stood on their own and continued as they had for 14 years prior signing big time deals but remaining independent.
Now they're destined to swirl down Kotick's drain.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells > 22M
6. Re: Minecraft Sells > 22M Jan 5, 2016, 00:50 Sepharo

Minecraft doesn't use voxels, there are other similar survivor/sandbox games that do though.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
16. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 17:13 Sepharo

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:01:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 15:14:
Do pre-orders come with a "Rift" puke bucket?

I've thrown the DK2 on like 30+ people. Never seen anyone get sick. That includes old folks too.

I'm not sure how they can overcome the fact that your visual input and your inner ear are not telling your brain the same information. Not saying I don't believe you, I just don't grok how it could NOT make you sick to be in full VR dogfight mode while your butt is firmly planted in a stationary chair.

My other concern would be eye strain - yeah, I've read all about how it tricks your brain into thinking it's looking into the distance, but the fact is there's still screens strapped to your face. The focal distance is still way, way inside the two to three feet that conventional wisdom has recommended you keep your monitor.

And yeah, I know it uses optics to mimic something like meter or so for focal depth, but I still wonder if that is really the same thing.

I hope this is the true VR we were all promised back in the '90s, but I'll let you fine folks be the early implementers on this one.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I could definitely see eye strain / headaches being an issue. But motion sickness... if you're fine with FPS video games, driving in a car, being on a boat... you're going to be fine on VR is my guess. Even people who aren't fine with those things don't seem to get sick. But what do I know, I've got to be ill or extremely drunk to puke.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2016, 16:06 Sepharo

Kajetan wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 07:30:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:31:
DRM in the 90's had zero benefits to the end user.
There was no DRM in the 90s. You meant copy protection. Copy protection now is only a part of DRM.

Copy protection is a form of DRM. You nearly say so yourself.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
2. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 16:01 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 15:14:
Do pre-orders come with a "Rift" puke bucket?

I've thrown the DK2 on like 30+ people. Never seen anyone get sick. That includes old folks too.

7567 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo