Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7532 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed
3. Re: Activision's MLG Acquisition Confirmed Jan 5, 2016, 06:41 Sepharo

Goodbye MLG.
They could have stood on their own and continued as they had for 14 years prior signing big time deals but remaining independent.
Now they're destined to swirl down Kotick's drain.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Sells > 22M
6. Re: Minecraft Sells > 22M Jan 5, 2016, 00:50 Sepharo

Minecraft doesn't use voxels, there are other similar survivor/sandbox games that do though.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
16. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 17:13 Sepharo

JoeNapalm wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 16:01:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 15:14:
Do pre-orders come with a "Rift" puke bucket?

I've thrown the DK2 on like 30+ people. Never seen anyone get sick. That includes old folks too.

I'm not sure how they can overcome the fact that your visual input and your inner ear are not telling your brain the same information. Not saying I don't believe you, I just don't grok how it could NOT make you sick to be in full VR dogfight mode while your butt is firmly planted in a stationary chair.

My other concern would be eye strain - yeah, I've read all about how it tricks your brain into thinking it's looking into the distance, but the fact is there's still screens strapped to your face. The focal distance is still way, way inside the two to three feet that conventional wisdom has recommended you keep your monitor.

And yeah, I know it uses optics to mimic something like meter or so for focal depth, but I still wonder if that is really the same thing.

I hope this is the true VR we were all promised back in the '90s, but I'll let you fine folks be the early implementers on this one.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I could definitely see eye strain / headaches being an issue. But motion sickness... if you're fine with FPS video games, driving in a car, being on a boat... you're going to be fine on VR is my guess. Even people who aren't fine with those things don't seem to get sick. But what do I know, I've got to be ill or extremely drunk to puke.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2016, 16:06 Sepharo

Kajetan wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 07:30:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 17:31:
DRM in the 90's had zero benefits to the end user.
There was no DRM in the 90s. You meant copy protection. Copy protection now is only a part of DRM.

Copy protection is a form of DRM. You nearly say so yourself.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
2. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 4, 2016, 16:01 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 15:14:
Do pre-orders come with a "Rift" puke bucket?

I've thrown the DK2 on like 30+ people. Never seen anyone get sick. That includes old folks too.

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
8. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 16:15 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 16:12:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 15:46:
Was wondering when they were going to get up to this, cross-platform even.

That should give cheaters something to have fun with.

Halo would most likely bring more people kicking and screaming into the Windows 10 sheepfold.

I thought about Halo, but I figured that boat had sailed for most PC gamers. The time to make Halo a PC franchise was 10 years ago.

Close, but the same move was done for Halo 2 and Vista 12 years ago.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2016, 00:00 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 22:29:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 10:54:
At the risk of angering the anti-gun people on Blues, this is why I laugh every time Obama gives crocodile tears on the TV about "gun violence" and vows to do som

Your brain called. It said you left it at a party last night.

Car - means of transportation
Gun - means of killing

Yep, absolutely comparable. I drove my gun last night, it was awesome.

Understand? A gun can ONLY be used for violence (violence includes harassment and intimidation, by the way, not only shooting). A car can be used to kill, harass and intimidate, too, but that it is definitely by far not its main purpose.

What's with all the personal attacks? Nobody can debate anything without name calling and bullshit. If your argument is so weak that they only thing you can do is a personal attack, you've already lost.

The reverse is also true here. Your last two replies have had no substance, only complaining about name calling.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2016, 21:49 Sepharo

007Bistromath wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 20:46:
"The deep discount era is over."

*proceeds to talk about discounts that are not deep by any reasonable standard*

What patently moronic bullshit will CliffyB come up with to unnecessarily justify his business decisions tomorrow? Perhaps he'll suggest that high framerates are somehow the reason for confusing DLC preorder packages? The sky's the limit!

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 19:24:
Also lol's at the Cliffski - CliffyB confusion each time it happens.

Wait, are they not the same person? Given how most of the time when I see either one of those names, it's attached some nonsense like this, I feel I can be forgiven for that. :p

It's insane how many time this mistake has happened here.

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
19. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 2, 2016, 00:58 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 00:39:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 14:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:56:
I want to be wowed by Rift, but this seems like the worst game to do that. Oh, an N64 looking platformer! Whee!

Yeah, I'm thinking more like Fallout 4 in VR, not Mario.

It was announced a few weeks ago that Eve: Valkyrie will also be bundled with Oculus.

Also price speculation that the OR could be $500 or more.

Pricing is fine, about what you expect for a next gen console. Until I see some finished games that wow me and make me want to buy it, however, I wouldn't pay even $100 for it.

I just looked through their Wiki list and I don't really see anything that would make me buy one just yet. Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

Geez, you want to sell a buttload of these? Make Fallout 4 compatible. Make World of Warcraft compatible. (Bash on it all you want, millions of people play and I bet a bunch would hop on the VR bandwagon to plug into Azeroth in VR.) Borderlands? The new Wolfenstein?

Everything they have so far seems like a tech demo.

You realize this is display hardware right?

You do realize that hardware vendors constantly hit up software vendors to help move their products, right? I mean, you are aware that even though the PS4 is hardware, Sony pushes hard for developers to make software for it? I mean, come on with that comment.

You mentioned HL2 and said, "Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts?" I assume by "you" you're referring to Oculus VR since that's what the rest of the post is directed at. And no, they wouldn't do that to HL2 since they're primarily making something akin to a monitor. If they were making a video card you might have more of an argument because yes video card developers work with software makers. And this isn't to say that Oculus isn't working with software developers, just that demanding that they make all these games compatible themselves is a bit absurd.

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
14. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 21:57 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 21:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 14:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:56:
I want to be wowed by Rift, but this seems like the worst game to do that. Oh, an N64 looking platformer! Whee!

Yeah, I'm thinking more like Fallout 4 in VR, not Mario.

It was announced a few weeks ago that Eve: Valkyrie will also be bundled with Oculus.

Also price speculation that the OR could be $500 or more.

Pricing is fine, about what you expect for a next gen console. Until I see some finished games that wow me and make me want to buy it, however, I wouldn't pay even $100 for it.

I just looked through their Wiki list and I don't really see anything that would make me buy one just yet. Half-Life 2 is supported. Great. Did you re-do it with hi-rez textures and improved poly-counts? No? Why the hell would I pay $500 to see graphics from over a decade ago?

Geez, you want to sell a buttload of these? Make Fallout 4 compatible. Make World of Warcraft compatible. (Bash on it all you want, millions of people play and I bet a bunch would hop on the VR bandwagon to plug into Azeroth in VR.) Borderlands? The new Wolfenstein?

Everything they have so far seems like a tech demo.

You realize this is display hardware right?

News Comments > Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed
6. Re: Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed Jan 1, 2016, 18:06 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 17:55:
Got to love Rocky Horror

We have a statue of Riff Raff on our main street in town.

Riff Raff Statue cam

Yeah well we have Baphomet, Robocop, and a giant fist.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 01:11 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 00:59:
Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 20:46:
Vintage Carrie Fisher Bikini Pics are a New Year's Gift to 'Star Wars' Geeks

Don't say I never gave you nothin'.

You got Jango Fett in briefs?

http://i.imgur.com/1MP8gg0.png
http://i.imgur.com/XTnUruE.jpg

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
6. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 00:40 Sepharo

Saboth wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 21:07:
Only 6 days late

This looks to be the same wording of a message I saw days ago...

Edit: yeah, the new part was the "How it happened" but Blue has posted the top (older) section "What happened"

77. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2015, 21:44 Sepharo

nin wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 22:04:
Went ahead and snagged an imax ticket for next week. Thinking 3 times will be enough until it's released on blu. :)

Seeing it for a third time tonight. We have these MJR "Epic" screens around us that are actually bigger than IMAX. They use 2 4K projectors.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 24, 2015, 02:07 Sepharo

bigspender wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 01:39:
Just amazing. You'd think after the I dunno, 100th thing launched into space they would have decided to make some kind of international law to say that you must have a plan to remove space debris for everything you launch. At the very least after the cold war.

Sure it would to the cost of something already expensive as hell, but unless someone has a very clever way of dealing with space junk, I'd imagine it would have been a lot cheaper.

It isn't necessary. Even with 20,000 pieces up there the odds of hitting one are very very tiny. Take 20,000 cars and spread them evenly across the surface of the planet... it's more likely to encounter one of them randomly then it is the space junk which have another dimension of spread.

Sure some of the orbital routes are more common than others but scientists can adjust and use slightly newer/different paths. Also all of these things are tracked. The really tiny debris would be more problematic if it's not being tracked but also less likely to make contact with something.

66. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 07:55 Sepharo

A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are masterpieces. The plot progresses naturally from character motivations. There are no blatant prequel imitations or out-of-the-Blue coincidences the way there are in TFA.

You know why this is right?

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
38. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 18:08 Sepharo

Squirmer wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 16:15:
no instant explosions as soon as you touch another car.

He seems to imply that it was turned up for the demo and that it normally wouldn't be like that. All though that raises the question, who the fuck thought that would be a good idea. Or maybe it actually was like that but they're already planning on fixing it.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
26. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 23:36 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 22:28:
harlock wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 17:54:
Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 17:49:
He's supposed to be a trained soldier with designs on actually gaining power. He should be professionally dispatching enemies and not acting like a low level goon. He should know that sneaking into an enemy establishment isn't the time for shock value.

he should also poop often and die forever - but he wont because HES A VIDEO GAME

I realise this is a video game; my idea was for it to be a *better* video game.

Pooping really should be a feature in more games though.

News Comments > Rocket League Nears $50M
9. Re: Rocket League Nears $50M Dec 19, 2015, 23:31 Sepharo

You guys all played the "snow day" level right?
The different mechanics on the puck are pretty fun.

News Comments > Rocket League Nears $50M
1. Re: Rocket League Nears $50M Dec 18, 2015, 14:06 Sepharo

These guys have supported the game and given out free DLC nearly twice a month. They deserve their success for such a polished game and devotion to their customers.  

7532 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo