Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8171 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
10. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:31 Sepharo

Striving for a workplace free from sexism and harassment... a bad thing according to many posters here.
Glad I don't work with y'all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 19:49 Sepharo

I'm not confusing anything, you said something that wasn't true.  

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 19:37 Sepharo

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:24:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:46:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:41:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:37:
To me, it just sounds like you're getting deeper into that kind of material.
If you spend a lot of time listening to people decrying "the left" and its "war on free speech" and "transitioning 6 year olds" and all that shit... It's not the world I live in. You're listening to one extreme describe another extreme and assuming they're both bigger than they are. They also provide a warped one sided narrative, like this for instance... "Youtube channels for people like Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Dave Rubin, etc, get regularly taken down for "hate speech" without actually having any hate speech." None of those three have had their youtube channels "taken down" at all let alone for hate speech. They had individual videos demonetized for controversial content... YouTube's advertisers don't want their ads appearing on "controversial" content. The same thing happens to left leaning channels and their controversial videos (something Rubin has acknowledged in his videos).

Oh, I don't think regular people are like this.

Popular media, however, is.

I've only met a couple "TV democrats" IRL (at one particular function), and never once met a "TV republican" IRL.

The ratio of demonetization and takedowns is far skewed, with the right taking a toweling this last year.

Actually, only recently after the Alex Jones take down did social media try to put in more balance to counter criticism, and we saw the first wave of more-widespread-than-typical lefty channel demonetization/takedown.

-scheherazade

Why did you say that Peterson, Harris, and Rubin had their channels "regularly taken down for hate speech" ?

Commonly demonetizations, less frequently videos, with the odd channel. If you track them for years, you would be aware of whenever it happens. ~Each time reverted under appeal.

-scheherazade

Your point was specifically about relatively civil intelligent content producers having their "channels taken down" which hasn't happened to those three at all. Which is a great example of what I mean when I say you're consuming a warped narrative, to the point that you're making things up to be more dramatic than they are.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
31. Re: removed Aug 28, 2018, 18:50 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:14:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2018, 18:16.

Darks said something about letting "trash" into the country imports the problems of their origin country. I quoted him and made a reference to the anti-German rhetoric of the 19th century that focused on their biergartens and eventually led to alcohol prohibition.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 18:46 Sepharo

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:41:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:37:
If you spend a lot of time listening to people decrying "the left" and its "war on free speech" and "transitioning 6 year olds" and all that shit... It's not the world I live in. You're listening to one extreme describe another extreme and assuming they're both bigger than they are. They also provide a warped one sided narrative, like this for instance... "Youtube channels for people like Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Dave Rubin, etc, get regularly taken down for "hate speech" without actually having any hate speech." None of those three have had their youtube channels "taken down" at all let alone for hate speech. They had individual videos demonetized for controversial content... YouTube's advertisers don't want their ads appearing on "controversial" content. The same thing happens to left leaning channels and their controversial videos (something Rubin has acknowledged in his videos).

Oh, I don't think regular people are like this.

Popular media, however, is.

I've only met a couple "TV democrats" IRL (at one particular function), and never once met a "TV republican" IRL.

The ratio of demonetization and takedowns is far skewed, with the right taking a toweling this last year.

Actually, only recently after the Alex Jones take down did social media try to put in more balance to counter criticism, and we saw the first wave of more-widespread-than-typical lefty channel demonetization/takedown.

-scheherazade

Why did you say that Peterson, Harris, and Rubin had their channels "regularly taken down for hate speech" ?

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
29. removed Aug 28, 2018, 18:14 Sepharo

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2018, 18:16.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 16:37 Sepharo

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 28, 2018, 01:23 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 00:05:
Task wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 23:03:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 22:07:
I kinda skipped around the video because I don't want to see too much, but WTF was that shit with the rifle you just shoot in their general direction and the projectiles seek out enemies like little missiles? Made me throw up in my mouth a little...

It was like that gun in the fifth element. What's wrong with that? BattleTech even has similar stuff in that fantasy setting, bullets and shells that track. Deus-Ex:HR had something similar.

The Fifth Element gun requires you shoot the target once directly to place the tracker, which I could see making sense as a high-level treat for being able to keep hitting them after they've taken cover or something (and that's supposed to be from the mid-2200s). But straight-up autonomous targeting with every round is just gross, and exactly the type of lazy, console-centric design that I would expect more folks around here to get worked up about. It takes even less effort than Halo's needler gun, since with that you had to aim at least a little bit... Here you have a reticle half the width of the screen and anything inside it just dies. It's good to hear that that's supposed to be a rare, sort of end-game thing, though.

It's a CRPG rather than an FPS so I really don't care about any aiming (or lack of aiming) mechanic.
Just give me that sweet world and story.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message
2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hidden Message Aug 27, 2018, 20:46 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 20:12:
I guess the only thing I'd wish for the game is that it was more deadly. Combat seems way too bullet-spongy in that video.

Multiple dudes got cut in half by a shotgun

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 23:55 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 21:09:
What Battlefield 1 didn't have is robotic armed female cyborg snipers wearing blue face paint wielding a Katana on their back. Chasing after the design characteristics of Fortnite

I don't get why you keep comparing it to Fortnite. Is there a character with a hook hand or any kind of attachment arm in Fortnite?
It feels like much more of a face-paint and hook-for-a-hand shooty Furiosa from Mad Max to me.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
54. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 23:11 Sepharo

CthulhuFan wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 21:54:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 14:49:
I think you'd be a lot less misled if you cut down on the amount of "evidence" you get from youtube videos.
Cool. Please provide sourced evidence. Sounds fair to me.

You're asking me to provide sourced evidence?
Of what?
The crowd size thing? Links were already provided showing unambiguous time lapse footage of Trump's entire inauguration ceremony. No need for a youtube video calling crowd size comparisons into question.

What you quoted from me is just general advice. If you place blind trust in youtube videos from strangers you're going to have bad time, it's better to take in a variety of sources and ideally from professionals with standards. I know you'll construe that to mean "only trust the MSM!" but there are plenty of excellent alternative sources as well with high standards.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 19:52 Sepharo

Unbeknownst to her, her tweet caught the eye of Homer Hickam -- he's not a household name, however he is of importance to NASA, as a NASA engineer who once trained the very first Japanese astronauts. He's also an author and Vietnam War veteran.

What a weird way to describe him...
HE WAS PLAYED BY JAKE GYLLENHAAL IN OCTOBER SKY

He's a household name in my household.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2018, 16:36 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 16:28:
I mean, what % of congressmen do we think do this? 10%? 40%? 80%?

On one hand, I doubt it's very strict down party lines. On the other hand, I do think there's probably a correlation between friends of trump (e.g., the close ones, not the Paul Ryan types that are as much trapped as friends), and this kind of thing. But any non-Republican is likely deluding themselves to think this doesn't infect both parties pretty evenly.

The main thing from all of yesterday's prosecution is a nice, warm feeling to finally see white collar crime getting prosecuted. Manafort and Cohn were incredibly good at turning a lot of money into a lot more money, in the way very few ever can. Trying to avoid paying taxes on $20M just seems so greedy.

I'm sure you probably saw this Onion headline from yesterday:
https://i.imgur.com/FMTfMWi.png

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2018, 14:55 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 13:10:
Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 08:33:
For a guy that seems surprised when non-white people "speak perfect English," he should realize how much his needs work.

You left out the key word there and made it all extra-ironic.

What's the key word he left out?

News Comments > Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes
8. Re: Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes Aug 22, 2018, 14:52 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 11:06:
rawbelly wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 10:26:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 01:49:
The savings were already pretty meager for me because I have to pay taxes to Amazon and Best Buy, but not to Steam or Nintendo eShop or Green Man, etc. So if you cut that by another couple dollars or don't offer it at all for a lot of games, you've completely lost me. And yeah, looks like they really slashed the Twitch Prime benefits, too, though I really don't watch much of anything on there. Just another couple steps toward my deciding not to renew when that annual Prime membership is up.

Yeah. Because of some pretty drastic life changes I was considering ditching Prime next month when our sub was up. When they announced this I just went ahead and cancelled. I use Twitch a lot. This two day thing is getting to be nonsense anyway. I'm ordering stuff and it's not shipping for two days. Then it's two day shipping. I could just go down the street and buy it, sometimes for cheaper. Didn't use to be like that.

Are you ordering stuff that's PRIME eligible? A lot of products are sold by third parties and don't have that PRIME flag.

I order from Amazon probably 2 or 3 times a week, and most things get shipped within hours. Hell, I ordered something at 10:30pm last night and it shipped at 5am this morning. I pretty much expected it today, but it says it will be here tomorrow. It was $8. I love that Prime let's me just grab something that's $8 and have it within 2 days, max. At the cheapest price you can find, too (stuff from 3Ps is usually not the cheapest, but "ships and sold by Amazon" almost always is.)

One of the caveats is that it's two day "shipping", sometimes it take more than 2 days to get to the start of "shipping" but at that point they cover the costs of 2 day (overnight if needed) shipping. Obviously this happens more often with non-amazon sellers but still tagged with the Prime flag.

52. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 14:49 Sepharo

I think you'd be a lot less misled if you cut down on the amount of "evidence" you get from youtube videos.  

News Comments > Shenmue I & II Released
2. Re: Shenmue I & II Released Aug 21, 2018, 20:34 Sepharo

Never played 2. But played every inch of 1 for months when it launched on Dreamcast. It was revolutionary.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
46. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2018, 20:30 Sepharo

Lobbyist for Russia turned Trump campaign manager now found by a jury to be a corrupt lobbyist for Russia.  

48. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 21, 2018, 14:28 Sepharo

Why did you make a mile long post about peculiarities in ground photos when there are aerial photos, both taken from peak attendance, that clearly show the difference?  

News Comments > Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2018, 20:58 Sepharo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:01:
Twitch Turbo is ad-free for $8.99/mo. So, Twitch Prime is now basically worthless as an included service with Amazon Prime. They throw some free games at you every month, but it's mostly shovelware crap, along with the occasional hat or whatever.

Because of ad blocking I didn't even realize that Twitch Prime removing ads was even a feature.
The main use of Twitch Prime to me was always that free monthly subscription... and according to the new formulation, that free sub will still remove ads for that channel.

8171 Comments. 409 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo