Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7562 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
11. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 24, 2016, 02:22 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 19:37:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:48:
$15 for one table? Damn that's expensive. Pinball Arcade is my goto pinball game. With actual Ballys, Williams and Gottlieb pinball machines. 21 tables in the first pack for $30.

Y'all Pinball Arcade players need to friend me on Steam so we can compete for highscores. I have all of the tables too.

Whoa, I haven't played in a long time... This new UI is terrible.
I liked the minimalism of the last one. Certainly looked nicer than this one.

edit: damn every control looks like it's disabled... light gray on gray? who the fuck...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
8. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 22, 2016, 19:37 Sepharo

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:48:
$15 for one table? Damn that's expensive. Pinball Arcade is my goto pinball game. With actual Ballys, Williams and Gottlieb pinball machines. 21 tables in the first pack for $30.

Y'all Pinball Arcade players need to friend me on Steam so we can compete for highscores. I have all of the tables too.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
9. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 21, 2016, 03:34 Sepharo

Damn I just bought this at a not sale price a few months ago.  

News Comments > Overwatch Adds New Character
13. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 22:15 Sepharo

I do sometimes feel like I'm playing a different game than the one described in this and other forums. Even when I'm solo-queuing the competition is much better than I see described. Y'all gotta pull yourselves out of those skill holes, I know it's a death spiral sometimes but you gotta escape, there's a fun well balanced game above it  

11. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 21:58 Sepharo

ninemil wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:54:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:34:
Ahh gotcha, thought you were complaining about the hero, but you're complaining about bad players.
Well, to be fair - Genji's design *is* part of the problem, since he attracts people with that ka/d mindset. Zero team-orientated skills. If something akin to deflect were his ult and covered an AoE with some flashy graphical effect, for example, he might be more compelled to aid his teammates on the objective.

But it isn't. And the vast majority of kills off-the-point are between players who play, off-the-point, and often don't contribute to either side's objective time at all. The amount of times I've lost an overtime, despite having a Genji *right next to the objective,* who's 1v1'ing someone else...

Ana will be similar, when played by the vast majority of people that adopt her. A "I can't kill, I'll heal" character, that requires the same skillset used to kill... Yeah.

Well then we're still going to have to disagree. He is by design meant to be on the periphery, killing other players who are also there... He is meant to hunt down healers, junkrats, and snipers. Any kill contributes to the team and the objective. The game is only a 6 on 6... dropping 1 or 2 people in the backfield makes a huge difference in the balance of the game at that moment. Sometimes people get too caught up in the logistics when really all that's needed is some kills so the situation is a 6-4 instead of a 5-6.

8. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 21:34 Sepharo

ninemil wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:33:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:28:
I think you're playing with very bad Genjis. I don't play him so this isn't a personal thing or anything, he's just a very strong addition to a team when he's played competently. When we're getting wrecked it's usually because some master genji keeps getting behind us and causing distractions.
That was the point of my first post:

ninemil wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:16:
Prediction: Ana will be the new Genji. You'll hate 90% of the people that play her, as they'll never contribute anything to the objective, and then the one or two others that use her effectively will break the game.

Almost everyone *is* a bad Genji. Except the very few that aren't, who then break the game.

Ahh gotcha, thought you were complaining about the hero, but you're complaining about bad players.

6. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 21:28 Sepharo

ninemil wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:22:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:18:
Genji is a beast against Bastion and like Tracer he's a "get behind enemy lines and cause chaos" kind of guy. They're not supposed to be on the objective, they're supposed to be past it.
Almost anyone who can aim can deal with Bastion, and Tracer has plenty of other counters that don't require removing a sixth of the team from the objective.

Yet Genji's quite possibly the most hardlocked character I've seen.

Wretched waste of a slot, almost all of the time. Ana will be the same.

I think you're playing with very bad Genjis. I don't play him so this isn't a personal thing or anything, he's just a very strong addition to a team when he's played competently. When we're getting wrecked it's usually because some master genji keeps getting behind us and causing distractions.

edit: In tournament play he was picked more often than 11 other characters. So competitive teams playing for money thought he was more valuable than 11 other heroes.

3. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 21:18 Sepharo

ninemil wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 21:16:
Prediction: Ana will be the new Genji. You'll hate 90% of the people that play her, as they'll never contribute anything to the objective, and then the one or two others that use her effectively will break the game.

Genji is a beast against Bastion and like Tracer he's a "get behind enemy lines and cause chaos" kind of guy. They're not supposed to be on the objective, they're supposed to be past it.

1. Re: Overwatch Adds New Character Jul 19, 2016, 20:57 Sepharo

They reduced Zen damage by 5
Hopefully the quadrupling of the Discord travel speed makes up for that.

So where my attack pattern might have gone:
45 + 45 + 67.5 + 67.5 = 225
It might now be like,
40 + 60 + 60 + 60 = 220

Crap that's still 5 lower.
Maybe it's so fast the first hit will be with discord on and it can be 240.

News Comments > LawBreakers Trailer & More Testing
2. Re: LawBreakers Trailer & More Testing Jul 18, 2016, 19:14 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 19:01:
Is it just me or does this game come off like the douchiest game for douchebag dudbros ever, or what? If you don't have frosted tips, acid wash jeans and printed Ts you're not even permitted to buy it. Do you even lift, bro?

I'm pretty sure it's that way intentionally.
It's a CliffyB production. Think Gears of War and Bulletstorm.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed Jul 17, 2016, 14:00 Sepharo

I really don't understand what you get out of making this same post a few times a week. Do you have a family member that works for this company cranking out these half-games full of bugs?  

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
10. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 16, 2016, 15:18 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 12:04:
This is one of my favorite shows, all time. Third season supposedly comes out towards the end of 2016. Hopefully they can follow through on their prediction, some of these small scale Cartoon Network teams seem to get delayed a lot.

This game looks...not great, on the other hand. Kinda funny for like 5 minutes then probably boring. I'd have to see more footage before buying.

It's by the same people as job simulator. So if you haven't seen those, take a look at the videos for that. They could definitely get more than 5 minutes out of it. And then there's maybe a few hours of scripted objectives. Once you get done with that you can stretch the game time just messing around and discovering easter-egg-like combinations of things to do and mess with. I really like these styles of games, reminds me of the very old kid games we'd play in the library that were essentially just a pixel hunt where every object was clickable and did something zany... Except now it's VR and has physics.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
25. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 13, 2016, 19:45 Sepharo

Every 6 same-hero team I've ever played against has been murdered.

But there are some pretty smart combinations of double heros in competitive. Blizzard is just making it exponentially easier for themselves to balance the game at the very high end.

News Comments > Valve on Game Item Gambling
5. Re: Better cash out those skins. Jul 13, 2016, 19:36 Sepharo

Squirmer wrote on Jul 13, 2016, 19:18:
Also, people rightly criticize any game that has these 'slot machine' items you can buy. Like any slot machine, it's exploitative, and the makers know it.

You're conflating two different topics, other posters and articles have been doing this as well and that's probably what's blurred the lines between what Valve is in control of and what it's not.

This response from Valve is concerning third party sites where users give their items to Steam accounts run by these sites and the site then runs a gambling operation. You wager in items, you are rewarded items... but there's a third Steam account involved.

This is not the same as the randomized loot crates that you pay $2.50 to open that you're calling "slot machines".

You probably aren't intentionally trying to confuse, and probably know the difference between the two topics... but there's the explanation for anyone who doesn't.

News Comments > Rocket League Crate Plans
13. Re: Rocket League Crate Plans Jul 13, 2016, 10:50 Sepharo

Man the universe is such bullshit.
Magic, now that there is the truth.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
1. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 12, 2016, 21:07 Sepharo

Maybe now Mordecai and I will get less pre-game crying about our character selections.  

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2016, 19:53 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 21:31:
[Gabe's] a total dick that pushed the move behind the removal of dedicated servers.

Haha what? Valve is one of the very few developers who still support private dedicated servers.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2016, 19:44 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 13:40:
I think it has happened again, almost certain and it is one of my fav's here at Blues and probably is the reason why Blue's post Cliffski blogs. For commenter's to mistaken him for Cliffy B.

What?! No, you were the first one to do it in these comments. Dammit the whole thing is tainted now.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
16. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 2, 2016, 20:24 Sepharo

I've found that games with lots of unlocks tend to release yearly installments anyway, so they're intended to die fast.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 2, 2016, 03:18 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 12:59:
I also think it looks like it's going to suffer from lack of variety of weapons to unlock.

/me virtually chokes the life out of you

7562 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo