Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7566 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
59. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 14:18 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:14:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:57:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:45:
I brought up no go areas? I see we are back at putting words in people mouths.

Ahh sorry. I see that was eraser, sorry about that.
I even checked to make sure and still messed it up because of the quotes. Truly sorry.
Oh, all of the sudden you do care about baseless accusations you utter?
Dont expect me to believe such an alibi comment.

You might be going crazy man. I always apologize if I've made a mistake.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 14:07 Sepharo

I can't remember, are either of you two Americans now or are you both still Germans? I'm thinking Germans because if you were Americans you'd realize how hilarious it is that one of you is citing Doner Kebabs and the other a Muslim girlfirend as why you're not far rightists. It's like some Poe's Law level stuff there. "I'm not racist, I had a black girlfriend!"  

54. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 13:57 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:45:
I brought up no go areas? I see we are back at putting words in people mouths.

Ahh sorry. I see that was eraser, sorry about that.
I even checked to make sure and still messed it up because of the quotes. Truly sorry.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 13:33 Sepharo

Nuke was already in GO. This is just a redesign to make it more acceptable for competitive play.  

50. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 13:13 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:10:
descender wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 12:43:
Wanting everyone to assimilate and be exactly like you and your culture sounds a lot like some lingering "master race" reich-wing issues. There are some really tone-deaf posts in this thread lol...

Globalization of culture is the new normal. Embrace it or get run over by it, your choice. Just don't be surprised when other people find your views a bit insensitive and xenophobic.

Wow, finally. Others tried to hide it behind many words and trolling, to not look too stupid, but youre straight out. Thanks for that at least. Saves a lot of arguing.
But sorry, youre completely wrong. Simply put: You cant read and imagine things you want to see.
Your globalization already created lots of wars and it will only get worse. Borders are there for a reason.
Remember your post here when you or your loved ones become a roadkill of your globalization, because embracing a car coming at you will still get you run over.

I didn't need to hide anything. You freely wrote all that stuff out on your own. I just exposed what I knew would be there.

You act like there isn't a huge contingent just like that in the U.S. ... the leading republican candidate is a reality TV show star and long time clown who wants to ban all Muslims from coming to the U.S.

Edit: Hell you even brought up "no go areas". Could it be any clearer?
Oops, got the wrong guy.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2016, 13:58.

46. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 11:02 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:58:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:44:
Are you getting hung up on the word "test" maybe?
Fine, then what did you mean by,

"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws."

How would "willing to integrate" and "adapt to our values" be determined? That's what I had a problem with.

It's a very specific question. I don't care about the difference between Germany and the United States, immigrants and refugees, or the other stuff you've given me paragraphs about when I've quoted your own words back to you. Specifically what do you mean by "values" as something separate from laws? What are these values that you claim the United States is taking into account when accepting people into the country?

I named those in my very fist comments and how they dont respect them. Values can be laws and simple moral values. For example we in Germany have huge problems with Muslim kids who dont want to listen to female teachers, refuse to be taught by one, because they dont respect women, as taught by their religion. Is it a law to listen to your teacher and behave not like the biggest douche bag macho there can be? No. Its still a massive problem.
Some are laws, though. Like not beating women up because they dared to speak up to you.

And how are those being checked by the United States?
"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values"

43. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 10:44 Sepharo

Are you getting hung up on the word "test" maybe?
Fine, then what did you mean by,

"I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws."

How would "willing to integrate" and "adapt to our values" be determined? That's what I had a problem with.

It's a very specific question. I don't care about the difference between Germany and the United States, immigrants and refugees, or the other stuff you've given me paragraphs about when I've quoted your own words back to you. Specifically what do you mean by "values" as something separate from laws? What are these values that you claim the United States is taking into account when accepting people into the country?

39. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 09:13 Sepharo

It's amazing how you'll go into things that I'm not even talking about and then claim I don't understand them. My responses are very limited, yours are very broad.

I never said there is a test about values

I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws.

Edit: Oops there's your edit again. Who is judging the moral character and how? It's a bullshit line, unless it's simply covering "law-abiding", which I've already said is fine. But you can keep denying that you've repeatedly mentioned nebulous "values" even though everyone can see what you typed. There is no values test to get in the U.S. Yes the U.S. does have a different procedure for immigration than Germany does, big deal... That wasn't my contention. And this whole conversation on the immigration process is out my original scope anyway. Refer to my very first post in this thread. I'll expand, I'm glad I don't live in a country where national identity is predicated on language, race, ethnicity, or religion.

37. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 08:33 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 08:13:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 05:51:
... instead youre actually still putting words in my mouth:

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 04:42:
You live in a much different country. I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws.

Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 04:54:
And what the hell are you on about "only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws" ... as far as I know there isn't a test that's like "you gon be a real good american?" We're free to act as we please in this country within the law. I predict it's the same in Germany as well... nobody forcing you to speak a certain language, behave a certain way, follow a certain religion. It's a little thing called freedom.

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 05:51:
Of course there is. Look at the conditions of immigration of your country, and then look at those of mine right now and how they were done in early years after WW2 (when we took in many Turks due to having not enough laborers).

And then I did look it up just in case I was mistaken. But I wasn't... and there aren't questions about values or willingness to integrate in our immigration process. In one of your replies you seem to have conflated this with country of origin limitations, we have (had) those though I don't agree with them.

Edit: And then you quickly make a clarification post. Though you didn't achieve clarity there. As you can see from the quotes above you did specifically say that it was the U.S. not Germany with a values test.

34. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 08:11 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 08:01:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 06:36:
The U.S. immigration process does not require acceptance of "core society values" whatever the hell that means. The 100 or so questions that are asked involve mostly family relations and legal checks, for tripping up honest criminals apparently, like "Have you ever laundered money before?" "Has the U.S. President identified you as a human trafficker?"

Everyone should be treated equally under the law. Breaking a law gets you fined or arrested regardless of your religion. But that's not solely what you're discussing despite how you've frequently brought that up as a deflection.

Our citizenship test is not written for sorting out retards... it's for sorting out people that won't ever integrate and thus should never become citizens of Germany. It is in fact a lesson we learned from 1990 and Turkish/Russian immigrant, which ended up being a totally failed attempt. They created paralleled societies where most Germans will not even go NEAR. There are entire areas in big cities in Germany where you have NO-GO areas, that means areas where a German that doesn't want to be mugged flat out doesn't go, ever.

Refugees have the right to the regulated minimum standard of living in the EU until the cause of them seeking refuge is gone. Beyond that only real citizenship grants you citizen rights (including the right to vote, stay in Germany or move across the EU). The fact that Merkel talks about integrating refugees into job market, pays them hartz4 and gives them free healthcare is exactly because of this such a burning hot issue in Germany. Legally these are not citizen applicants, these are illegal immigrants not protected by the Geneva Convention, and they have NO RIGHT to ever be granted citizenship according to our laws.

And since Köln the situation in Germany has changed drastically, whether that is fair to all the good not criminal people that are by mere circumstance now refugees... well...... as I said before, I think the entire handling of the refugee situation was a huge mistake. Merkel made every mistake that was possible to make.

I really don't care what Germany's immigration process is. I was responding to both of you saying that the U.S. had a values test in theirs, which doesn't appear to be true.

32. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 06:37 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 06:27:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 05:58:
You're only pushing yourself "into the far right corner". Look at what you've written and revealed in response to so little. I also think you are severely misinformed as to what goes on in this country concerning immigration. Your screeds would fit in just fine here as well.
So youre saying the USA has open borders too? Cool!
Hey wait, why do I as a German get treated like a terrorists then on American airports and am only allowed to stay 90 days max? And why dont you take millions of Muslim immigrants since the refugee crisis then? Youre one of the countries that started/prolonged these wars and supported extremists there after all!

Haha, sorry to break my vow, but your audacity was just too good to let pass unchecked.

Well when we elect another Democrat this year they've pledged to increase immigration and acceptance of refugees. I'm all for it.

31. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 06:36 Sepharo

The U.S. immigration process does not require acceptance of "core society values" whatever the hell that means. The 100 or so questions that are asked involve mostly family relations and legal checks, for tripping up honest criminals apparently, like "Have you ever laundered money before?" "Has the U.S. President identified you as a human trafficker?"

Everyone should be treated equally under the law. Breaking a law gets you fined or arrested regardless of your religion. But that's not solely what you're discussing despite how you've frequently brought that up as a deflection.

28. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 05:58 Sepharo

You're only pushing yourself "into the far right corner". Look at what you've written and revealed in response to so little. I also think you are severely misinformed as to what goes on in this country concerning immigration. Your screeds would fit in just fine here as well.  

25. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 04:54 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 04:42:
You live in a much different country. I wouldnt complain at all if we would, like your country, only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws. But we dont. Right now we let in everyone. Without any checks. We are actually supporting them creating their parallel societies, because statistics are manipulated (they admitted it just recently) and nothing is being done about it.
Oh and I worked among Muslims too. I had friends, even my GF was one once. My fucking dentist is one! They are exceptions - to the rule, and they even admit it themselves!

You picked the wrong American unfortunately. I live among the greatest density of Muslims in this country. And what the hell are you on about "only let people in who are willing to integrate, adapt to our values and laws" ... as far as I know there isn't a test that's like "you gon be a real good american?" We're free to act as we please in this country within the law. I predict it's the same in Germany as well... nobody forcing you to speak a certain language, behave a certain way, follow a certain religion. It's a little thing called freedom.

Did you ever think that maybe the "exceptions" you've allowed are actually the case all over? That each person is unique and doesn't deserve to be treated as if they follow lockstep with a monolith defined by race, religion, or ethnicity?

23. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 04:20 Sepharo

I live and work among Muslims, some are 1st generation and others are 2nd generation. Just like every immigrant group before them they will assimilate. Some of their culture will also become a part of the broader culture as has happened throughout history with immigrants. Doom and gloom about "the other" is bigoted nonsense at worse and simple ignorance at best.

Please link me the study that gives the date of Muslim majority in Germany. Honestly I'd rather all religion go away but I'm not going to single out one over another.

21. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 03:39 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 03:26:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 02:15:
Oh me oh my, first generation immigrants are like sooo weird. Tell me more.

These days a majority can be as low as about 5%. What crazy times we live in.
Man Sepharo, you changed a lot. Only braindead insults, aiming to troll, and no contribution to a discussion from you lately, no matter what topic.
Wasnt there some ignore script available for BN? After 14 years, youre the first user who makes me want to ignore him.

You must not have been reading very closely if you think I've "changed a lot". I don't think there was ever a time in my life where I wouldn't immediately shit on someone who says something like this:

And now those values are attacked by a minority, a minority that will never respect these values, as parallel societies, that dont respect German laws in Germany have shown for decades. And that minority is now turning into a majority. And yes, I am talking about Islam only.

I sure did get to you though. Mission accomplished. Plug those ears.

19. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 02:15 Sepharo

Oh me oh my, first generation immigrants are like sooo weird. Tell me more.

These days a majority can be as low as about 5%. What crazy times we live in.

16. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 16:39 Sepharo

I'm super glad that my national identity isn't tied to race or language. Sounds like an existential hell for you types who care about that kind of thing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 19:17 Sepharo

I went to a 10AM showing of Deadpool on Valentines day.
Possibly a dick move, but I tagged along with my buddy and his wife.
Everyone in the theater that early and on that day was a couple 20 to 40 years old

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
26. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 01:19 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 00:16:
As far as I know, RAGE was the only game to ever use that seriously crazy cool engine.

Rage (2011) – id Software
Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014) – MachineGames
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (2015) – MachineGames
The Evil Within (2014) – Tango Gameworks

7566 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo