Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8171 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 15, 2018, 11:07 Sepharo

It's likely that Kassy Dillon was temp suspended for something else considering that Twitter didn't remove the post that all the conservative sites point to as their assumed reason for the suspension. Dillon herself says that she removed the tweet after people didn't understand she was making a parody post.

Stuff like this has happened before where internet sleuths assume they have found the violating tweet and then Twitter has come out and said that there were threatening private DMs or something else. The problem is that the echo chamber picks these things up and runs with them... so now there are articles that state authoritatively that a specific post is the reason for the ban/suspension when that actually may not have ever been clarified by either twitter or the user in question.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
173. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 13, 2018, 00:43 Sepharo

Before the Muslim invasion, European cities were a shining beacon on a hill!
It was like the 1950s in America. Everything bright and white and alright! There was no crime and everyone lived together peacefully.

News Comments > Get Free Overwatch League Tokens
2. Re: Get Free Overwatch League Tokens Jan 10, 2018, 22:08 Sepharo

I'm liking the improvements Blizzard made for spectators for the league.

The color coded teams is useful but even more useful is that all the effects are color coded as well in these broadcasts.

First match was decently close, but LA Valiant still destroyed San Fran. Now the second match between LA Gladiators and Shanghai isn't even close, Shanghai is doing terribly.

Hell Gladiators even played a Doomfist on El Dorado and it was super effective.

News Comments > EA Gaming Patents
26. Re: EA Gaming Patents Jan 10, 2018, 00:14 Sepharo

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 22:55:
How in the actual hell can these bozos get a patent on dynamic difficulty adjustment? We were doing that back in 1999 when I was working on the Babylon 5 game.

Lucasarts did it in the X-wing/TIE Fighter games as well.

Because that's not what they're doing.
They're getting a patent on specific methods of determining how and when difficulty will be adjusted dynamically.

News Comments > EA Gaming Patents
23. Re: EA Gaming Patents Jan 9, 2018, 20:16 Sepharo

Yeah I never got past the first Oblivion gate in Oblivion because by the time I decided to do it my level was so high that they started spawning these giant fireball throwing demons in tight hallways that they were never meant to be in... So I couldn't maneuver and would get melted immediately upon opening a hallway door.  

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
10. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 13:39 Sepharo

3 or 4 posts of people thinking crates are being added for the first time...

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced
26. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 20:28 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 20:24:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 13:53:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 05:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 03:22:
Mac wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 02:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 01:09:
Remember when WOW was the game getting clones virtually every month? War. War never changes.

You know what they say. Don't mess with a Blizzard!

You mean Blizzard never took any ideas from Everquest when creating WoW? Surely it could be argued that WoW is more of a clone of Everquest, and therefore all future MMO's with the same mix should be called Everquest clones rather than WoW clones? Lets be fair, Blizzard has innovated very little, but what they do is add a special sauce and sell it to the masses.

Last I checked they didn't have a Battle Royale mode in any of their games, so just Player Unknown to upset with this one ...

You may not have caught it in Blue's description or heard of it before but this Paladins game was a pretty direct rip of Overwatch. Now they're just adding a BR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

Please...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
Blizzard is known to copy from other games (and even other completely different IPs and then call it homage) a lot.

The character class section of that post is a huge stretch. Those videos dont show Reinhardt and Torbjorn clones to the degree that they're in Paladins. I played Global Agenda and it's not anywhere close to the Paladins - Overwatch comparison. Also as the youtube comments point out with the GA tank-with-shield video they customized the character to get him to even that sort of resemblance and build... unlike Paladins and Overwatch where is a stock character.
As always, pointless to argue with you, since you simply ignore facts.

Haha what?
What facts am I ignoring?
I'm saying those character in both abilities and looks are very much like Overwatch. I'm not making the argument you think I'm making... I know the gameplay is class-based shooter just like TF2, GA, etc. etc.... I'm talking about those character rip offs... the weakest part of Hi-Rez's post as I described.

24. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 13:53 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 05:07:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 03:22:
Remember when WOW was the game getting clones virtually every month? War. War never changes.

You mean Blizzard never took any ideas from Everquest when creating WoW? Surely it could be argued that WoW is more of a clone of Everquest, and therefore all future MMO's with the same mix should be called Everquest clones rather than WoW clones? Lets be fair, Blizzard has innovated very little, but what they do is add a special sauce and sell it to the masses.

Last I checked they didn't have a Battle Royale mode in any of their games, so just Player Unknown to upset with this one ...

You may not have caught it in Blue's description or heard of it before but this Paladins game was a pretty direct rip of Overwatch. Now they're just adding a BR mode.

Please...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
Blizzard is known to copy from other games (and even other completely different IPs and then call it homage) a lot.

The character class section of that post is a huge stretch. Those videos dont show Reinhardt and Torbjorn clones to the degree that they're in Paladins. I played Global Agenda and it's not anywhere close to the Paladins - Overwatch comparison. Also as the youtube comments point out with the GA tank-with-shield video they customized the character to get him to even that sort of resemblance and build... unlike Paladins and Overwatch where is a stock character.

13. Re: Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 03:22 Sepharo

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
52. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 4, 2018, 21:55 Sepharo

This forum is so bizarre sometimes, err most of the times.

"PUBG is generic and offers nothing new"
"Overwatch is a bland copy of TF2"

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
44. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 21:21 Sepharo

Beamer your string of posts here seem to conflict with each other.

I'd be shocked if even a fraction of PC users had a clue who he was, let alone what he did that pissed some off, let alone would "never forgive him."

Which was the biggest issue(s), I think. Overestimating how many people wanted 90s-era gameplay. And how many didn't care much about aesthetic (or they thought their aesthetic was fine and not supergeneric.) Lawbreakers was largely 90s gameplay style with new gameplay modes.

CliffyB: "No GoW2 on PC ever, because of pirates and Dell-esque shitboxes."

In other words, he was saying the market was too small to warrant the work. The game would have been demanding, which so many PCs wouldn't be able to run (he said this a full decade ago, when black Dell boxes sold for $500 that came with incredibly underpowered GPUs were all the rage), and the higher end was minimized even more due to piracy.

His usual blunt tone made it sound antagonistic, but his point was a business decision. Vocal minority PC gamers, being the constantly offended gatekeepers that they are, got all riled up that he called ALL gamers pirates (he didn't), and implied that PCs couldn't run something an Xbox 360 could even though it was less powerful (not only is that not true relative to the Dell-esque shitboxes, but I'm constantly amazed at how many PC gamers claim to know so much about computers and programming but struggle to understand why consoles do so much with less, and why porting to PCs can be very expensive.)

The damn guy targeted the same gamers that he burned. The "hardcore" gamers that are into 90s deathmatches...
So yeah I'm not surprised at all that that very specific demographic would pass on his game.
He wasn't going to get sales from casual or not-fans-of-twitch-DM, so the sales needed to be from the very group that hates him. I think it did have a large impact.

edit: err I guess I missed the whole last page talking about this very point.

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
38. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 30, 2017, 01:40 Sepharo

grudgebearer wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 22:48:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 02:58:
My squad has been winning a bunch lately.
I got my first solo win last week.
On another forum I have friends posting win screenshots daily.
I only encountered an obvious cheater once in the 166 hours and it was a month or so ago.

But I also play at weird times so maybe it's not lining up with either U.S. or Chinese prime times.

You won't see the Chinese cheaters/farmers/scripters in team matches. The BP/game ratio isn't worth it for the time involved. You can just put 4 Chinese farmer accounts in solo, and net much more BP/hour than splitting it in the squad matches.

Well the one time I did see a hacker it was in squad which is what I mostly play.
But I did play Solo all day today, didn't see any cheaters, was roughly 50% on top 10s.
Then my roommate comes home and we get a Duo win first try

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2017, 01:38 Sepharo

Glitched through the wall.  

31. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 13:16 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 08:20:
aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 08:04:
Seriously I wonder if you guys are right.... if the companies put an end to items that you could sell for real cash, would that cut down on the foreign hackers farming for crap constantly ?...or is their always going to be some kind of workaround to sell?
Like high level gear on a character w/ great weapons - they sell the entire account then or what ?

I don't have the answers. I'd just like somebody to figure it all out and implement it.

Remove money related items, and 99.9% of cheaters move on. They will farm something else.
\

Yep just like in the Counter-Strike days...
err wait.

21. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 02:58 Sepharo

My squad has been winning a bunch lately.
I got my first solo win last week.
On another forum I have friends posting win screenshots daily.
I only encountered an obvious cheater once in the 166 hours and it was a month or so ago.

But I also play at weird times so maybe it's not lining up with either U.S. or Chinese prime times.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 16:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 15:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 13:22:
9 Favorite New Podcasts Of 2017 (That Aren't 'S-Town')Currently listening to Dirty John, it's brutal.

Yeah, listened to the first episode of that. Decided that hearing how a dumb woman was duped by a druggie wasn't for me.

S-Town, on the other hand, was excellent, although the first two episodes are really the best. I could listen to John McLemore talk all day.

Some of my regulars:
- /Filmcast
- Gamers with Jobs
- Waking Up
- This American Life
- Three Moves Ahead
- Radio Lab (and it's spinoff, More Perfect)
- Dan Carlin anything
- Case File (URL b/c there are a lot of similarly named ones)
- 538 podcast
- Left, Right, & Center

As for the ones in that story, I haven't listened to any of them, so I will have to give some of them a shot.

Only share the Dan Carlin part with you.
My others:
The Bowery Boys: New York City History
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Lectures in History (literally recorded college lectures)
The History Chicks
Doug Loves Movies
Getting Doug with High

News Comments > Free Overwatch Loot Boxes
11. Re: Free Overwatch Loot Boxes Dec 27, 2017, 17:00 Sepharo

Looks to me like you were in an overwatch thread complaining about items that effect gameplay...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2017, 01:01 Sepharo

Nucas wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 22:51:
oh no, yucky girls are getting in our clubhouse and ruining star wars for white dudes, who star wars is supposed to be for!

i saw TLJ opening night and was kind of indifferent but the caterwauling it's provoked in "real star wars fans" has been highly entertaining.

I'm a real star wars fan and found it to be a pretty good and entertaining movie.
But I don't enjoy the caterwauling, I think it's indicative of the larger trend of the internet turning into a shittier and shittier place.

News Comments > Free Overwatch Loot Boxes
8. Re: Free Overwatch Loot Boxes Dec 26, 2017, 20:08 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 18:38:
opie wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 17:32:
is it just me, or is overwatch no longer fun? I play for like half a match, then get the strong feeling of "I don't want to play this anymore...".

I can't be bothered to reinstall it just to get crates, I know i'd just open them then uninstall. I lasted longer with it than Team Fortress 2, but it's the same shit. Sometimes I just want a reliable gun that can shoot people.

Weird comparison and final sentence considering that Overwatch does not feature game affecting items like TF2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2017, 20:06 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 12:03:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 21:50:
Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 20:36:
[...] finish the product they always intended to make [...]

This has never happened in the history of game or software development.

Really? Witcher 3 seems pretty well done.

Every game changes and evolves as it is developed. You can find a few examples in the wiki article for Witcher 3 in the Development section and I'm sure there are many more that the public has just never heard of.

8171 Comments. 409 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo