Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7532 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted
23. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 04:20 Sepharo

I live and work among Muslims, some are 1st generation and others are 2nd generation. Just like every immigrant group before them they will assimilate. Some of their culture will also become a part of the broader culture as has happened throughout history with immigrants. Doom and gloom about "the other" is bigoted nonsense at worse and simple ignorance at best.

Please link me the study that gives the date of Muslim majority in Germany. Honestly I'd rather all religion go away but I'm not going to single out one over another.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 03:39 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 03:26:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 02:15:
Oh me oh my, first generation immigrants are like sooo weird. Tell me more.

These days a majority can be as low as about 5%. What crazy times we live in.
Man Sepharo, you changed a lot. Only braindead insults, aiming to troll, and no contribution to a discussion from you lately, no matter what topic.
Wasnt there some ignore script available for BN? After 14 years, youre the first user who makes me want to ignore him.

You must not have been reading very closely if you think I've "changed a lot". I don't think there was ever a time in my life where I wouldn't immediately shit on someone who says something like this:

And now those values are attacked by a minority, a minority that will never respect these values, as parallel societies, that dont respect German laws in Germany have shown for decades. And that minority is now turning into a majority. And yes, I am talking about Islam only.

I sure did get to you though. Mission accomplished. Plug those ears.

19. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 18, 2016, 02:15 Sepharo

Oh me oh my, first generation immigrants are like sooo weird. Tell me more.

These days a majority can be as low as about 5%. What crazy times we live in.

16. Re: German Fallout 3 Ban Lifted Feb 17, 2016, 16:39 Sepharo

I'm super glad that my national identity isn't tied to race or language. Sounds like an existential hell for you types who care about that kind of thing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2016, 19:17 Sepharo

I went to a 10AM showing of Deadpool on Valentines day.
Possibly a dick move, but I tagged along with my buddy and his wife.
Everyone in the theater that early and on that day was a couple 20 to 40 years old

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
26. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 15, 2016, 01:19 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 00:16:
As far as I know, RAGE was the only game to ever use that seriously crazy cool engine.

Rage (2011) – id Software
Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014) – MachineGames
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (2015) – MachineGames
The Evil Within (2014) – Tango Gameworks

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
41. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 15, 2016, 00:44 Sepharo

Bundy wrote on Feb 14, 2016, 21:48:
I deleted all my comments and am going to stop arguing because this is getting retarded. Have a good long wknd bud.

The ball has been taken home

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 11, 2016, 04:14 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 03:28:
The other problem is that it's only available on Apple TV.

I thought that was just a short early exclusivity period? Pretty sure anyone can get it now.

edit: Yeah it was only exclusive to Apple for the first 3 months, ended at the beginning of July.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream
13. Re: Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream Feb 11, 2016, 01:39 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 22:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 18:36:
Keilun wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 17:33:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Cities Skylines very much. I've spent countless hours in it. I'm just saying that if they want me to buy expansions, I'd like to see more than just new effects. You know things that affect the gameplay systems too.

Both expansions have done that... the first with the night cycle... and this one with the snow.
Nearly all of the existing mechanics can be separately set for day and night creating a a totally different city dynamic between day and night. (Also that fucker broke my power grid which ran only on solar, took a bit to figure out why my city was running out of power at night right after the upgrade).
Snow plows are a new game mechanic that is not just cosmetic.

But all that does is add a new service building p, Hardly adding ANY challenge or depth whatsoever.

Anyway, for the price it was it was a great city builder, but once you reach your 130k people or whatever you pretty much seen it all, and every city builds the same. Literally.

And that's coming from someone who actually made new service buildings for the game (replacements of vanilla sewer/coal and garbage) and put em on the workshop

It was a great time for when it was fresh, but at this point I want real expansions, not just visual fluff and 1 new service building. Weather is nice, but weather alone doesn't add any challenge. Just an extra cost.

And tourism is still totally borked in Skylines too

He said he wanted new gameplay systems so I gave specific examples of new gameplay systems.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream
10. Re: Cities Skylines Plans; Livestream Feb 10, 2016, 18:36 Sepharo

Keilun wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 17:33:
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Cities Skylines very much. I've spent countless hours in it. I'm just saying that if they want me to buy expansions, I'd like to see more than just new effects. You know things that affect the gameplay systems too.

Both expansions have done that... the first with the night cycle... and this one with the snow.
Nearly all of the existing mechanics can be separately set for day and night creating a a totally different city dynamic between day and night. (Also that fucker broke my power grid which ran only on solar, took a bit to figure out why my city was running out of power at night right after the upgrade).
Snow plows are a new game mechanic that is not just cosmetic.

News Comments > Overwatch Progression Details
9. Re: Overwatch Progression Details Feb 10, 2016, 18:29 Sepharo

KS wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 18:14:
> spend credits to unlock

Are these in game money or bought with real world money?

And random loot boxes, I utterly refuse to spend real money on these.

For now:

If a Loot Box contains an item that is already in your collection, you will instead receive credits, a new in-game currency that can be spent in the Hero Gallery to unlock items you don't already own (see below for more information). Credits can also be earned randomly from Loot Boxes—the higher the quality of the box, the more credits you’ll receive.

But I'm sure they'll eventually make it so you can purchase credits.

News Comments > Overwatch Progression Details
8. Re: Overwatch Progression Details Feb 10, 2016, 18:24 Sepharo

They took the exact progression/loot system from Valve. Not that that's a bad thing. TotalBiscuit in his video didn't think they'd be able to do that because he doubted their infrastructure to do such a thing. I guess they start small though with the loot boxes only being available through dropping with XP gains in game, and the gear only available from the loot boxes. But they already have plans to start making that stuff available for purchase (like Valve) and then I assume a trading system is also not far off (like Valve).  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
15. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 8, 2016, 03:22 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 19:36:
The need to do what their former sister-studio Treyarch brough to the Cod franchise with World at War: Co-op Campaign with arcade-like scoring (combo multipliers, bonus for headshots), and the cheats cards that you could find around the levels which would unlock things like "shoot your teammates to revive them", "only headshots" and "headshots explode enemies" etc.

TONS of fun. would be crazy with a team, 2 in mechs, 2 pilots wallrunning alongside them down a corridor, I can see that being a good romp.

the MP was fine, needs better AI, and more of it. A game like this could pull off an FPS-MOBA gamemode with it's AI implementation, wouldn't even be that hard to do. MOBA-lite with titanfall's dynamics, please!

Holy Poe's law. I swear you're trolling

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2016, 01:55 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 00:25:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 6, 2016, 22:10:
Ok ya gotta tell me the liiiiinnnnngo - Dr Evil

Wtf is I got facebooked, as googling it made no fucking sense.

It means that someone reported something as new on FB even though it was old news, you saw it, and passed it on.

Well it doesn't have to mean that, it's context specific
like most verbification.

Laughing imagining Half Elf looking that up.

"I facebooked her."

Does that mean looking her up on facebook?
Or does it mean messaging her on facebook?
Or does it mean sending her old news as if it was new news?

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:54:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:46:
Did you watch it? He's taking the 5th on stuff that he doesn't really need too.

Yeah, I wouldn't take Congress' word on that either. It seemed like a whole lot of "trust us, the DA won't use this against you! It's perfectly fine to answer this innocuous question!" to me.

The trolling description is being applied because of the smirking, eye rolling, and comments like, "I'll take my counsels advice over yours."

But you're right, he totally can do that. But pleading the fifth while being a grinning twat, yeah I'd consider that trolling.

Boohoo. Poor Congress.

I think you misunderstood the point of my reply... You said it wasn't trolling, I'm saying it was. I don't give a tinker's fuck about congress' feelings.

News Comments > H1Z1 Becomes Two Games
6. Re: H1Z1 Becomes Two Games Feb 5, 2016, 22:56 Sepharo

I think the King of the Hill / Battle Royale gameplay was way more popular than they were expecting. They were spending their resources on further fleshing out the long term survival game but everyone was playing the quick battle royale game.

I don't think it's necessary to split them though, they were already separate modes and there is plenty of crossover enhancements. A bug in one is a bug in the other.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 23:46 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 21:47:
I'm not sure why they call it trolling. It's called the Fifth Amendment. As much as our government likes to pretend it doesn't, the Constitution is actually valid for everyone, even asshats like Shkreli.

The FTC has a criminal case pending against him, so OF COURSE he isn't going to answer Congress' questions. Nobody would have.

Now the question is whether Congress will hold him in Contempt of Congress, but that hasn't happened too often.

Did you watch it? He's taking the 5th on stuff that he doesn't really need too. The trolling description is being applied because of the smirking, eye rolling, and comments like, "I'll take my counsels advice over yours."

But you're right, he totally can do that. But pleading the fifth while being a grinning twat, yeah I'd consider that trolling.

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week
5. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week Feb 4, 2016, 16:30 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 06:23:
fun for a few hours then gets stale. needs a real MOBA mode, without it it's just small-scale arena stuff with a couple objectives.

God no. It's fine if you get bored with competitive MP FPS but many don't. You can keep your moba, rpg, progression, elements out of it. Go play those if that's what you want.

I happened to watch Total Biscuit's review of the beta last night and agree with pretty much everything he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP8PtDxxHpU

It's going to be very exciting seeing the competitive scene that develops around this game.

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week
2. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Returns Next Week Feb 4, 2016, 03:37 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 01:26:
Anyone lucky enough to try this out? How is it looking at this point?

There was a lot of discussion on it during the last beta but it's been on break for a long while. I'm excited to see the changes for the new beta.

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced
17. Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 04:09 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 02:28:
Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:45:
Episode VII was "terrible"?

so edgy

The movie was terrible.

Seriously Slick, is there a corporate cock you won't suck?

Wow so this is for real. Never thought I'd encounter one in the wild.

7532 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo