Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8201 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
19. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 17, 2018, 14:49 Sepharo

I played 4 maps of instagib last night, won the 3rd
And did it rocking my vanilla default character against a bunch of highly decorated dudes, felt good.

It was fun, but yes, all of the stupid abilities are in insta as well. So there are plenty of other ways to die that aren't a rail. And some big dumb robot can make a shield to block a rail, another champ can disappear, another teleport...
That shit shouldn't be in insta.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
16. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 16, 2018, 04:37 Sepharo

Droniac wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 04:33:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 03:05:
edit: Nevermind, that shit ain't F2P you damn liars.
Forgot I was in the open beta, I ain't paying $30.00 to try out a new mode.

You can still play Quake Champions free via the (shitty) Bethesda launcher if you've played it in beta before. Otherwise it's in paid early access on Steam until they release it, when it will go F2P. That'll take a while yet, seeing as they still have to include CTF too.

As such, it having low player counts right now makes sense. Only people who REALLY want to play a new Quake have bought in (about 4x more than Lawbreakers at 285k). The rest will only try it when it actually releases for free, I'd imagine.

Ahh I forgot about the launcher, thanks for the heads up.
Just noticed I didn't have the game on Steam and it was priced to buy currently with no indication of F2P.

13. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 16, 2018, 03:05 Sepharo

I only just now noticed the addition of Instagib.

I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that I'll be reinstalling to try that out.
That was my jam for years in Q3 with InstaUnlagged Q3DM17

edit: Nevermind, that shit ain't F2P you damn liars.
Forgot I was in the open beta, I ain't paying $30.00 to try out a new mode.

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2018, 23:12 Sepharo

Okay so your problem is with certain kinds of activism not activism in general.
Also you have a very simplistic view of activism throughout history. Rosa Parks and MLK are two among hundreds of activist leaders and millions of activists who participated. To give them even 50% of the credit would be wildly exaggerating, the real bulk work was done by people you've never heard of and those people were activists engaging in activism and it wasn't pointless.

A quote from one of the leaders of the Woman's Suffrage movement:
"To get the word male in effect out of the Constitution cost the women of the country fifty-two years of pauseless campaign...During that time they were forced to conduct fifty-six campaigns of referenda to male voters; 480 campaigns to get Legislatures to submit suffrage amendments to voters; 47 campaigns to get State constitutional conventions to write woman suffrage into State constitutions; 277 campaigns to get State party conventions to include woman suffrage planks; 30 campaigns to get presidential party conventions to adopt woman suffrage planks in party platforms, and 19 campaigns with 19 successive Congresses. Millions of dollars were raised, mainly in small sums, and expended with economic care. Hundreds of women gave the accumulated possibilities of an entire lifetime, thousands gave years of their lives, hundreds of thousands gave constant interest and such aid as they could."

Those campaigns are activism. That activism convinced Woodrow Wilson and others to push for the 19th amendment.
But you, "see no value in activism of any kind."
Which is mind boggling and I think disingenuous without some kind of mental gymnastics to qualify that statement.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2018, 22:03 Sepharo

frequent examples that people tend to use to refute the assertion when analyzed more closely do nothing to disprove it when one realizes that what accomplishes historical change happens alongside activism but certainly not because of it.

Okay do your magic trick then, explain to me how the activism of the (50s and 60s) Civil Rights movement did not help to bring about the Civil Rights Acts of 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1968.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2018, 17:59 Sepharo

You're being ahistorical. And a rant about liberals is so misplaced since they hardly have a monopoly on activism.

But taking offense because someone points out the pointlessness of your efforts

Oh it's definitely not offense, just flabbergasted... like I said it's an absurd statement. Easily shown to be incorrect regardless if you want to claim it's an opinion. Activism has had an effect and is not pointless, therefore it has value.

And I don't think this site has been "liberal-heavy" for nearly a decade. I see far more MRA types than anything else, also a shit ton of islamophobics.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Mar 13, 2018, 20:06 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 19:45:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 15:55:
Sorry I have to agree to some degree...
You made an absurd claim, that while couched as merely your opinion, doesn't change that it's so absurd that anyone engaging with you should seriously consider whether it's worth it.

Edit: Maybe some clarification is incoming... but to clear up from my end:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism
You think none of that has/had value?
You are just asking for someone to make a note of who's worth responding to.

I'm not exactly positive of your meaning... but if I assume you're commenting on the fact that I didn't take my own advice ( ) ... I'd say that I'm engaging Prez because he's normally a smart, relatively sane, nice guy and I hate to see people I like say stupid things.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Mar 13, 2018, 15:55 Sepharo

Sorry I have to agree to some degree...
You made an absurd claim, that while couched as merely your opinion, doesn't change that it's so absurd that anyone engaging with you should seriously consider whether it's worth it.

Edit: Maybe some clarification is incoming... but to clear up from my end:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism
You think none of that has/had value?

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
23. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 13, 2018, 01:31 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 09:20:
It's called exclusivity and that's been around since video games existed. That said, I am loathed to believe that nVidia having a stanglehold on the video card market is ultimately a bad thing for consumers.

I think you mean, "I'm loath to believe that nVidia having a stranglehold on the video card market is a good thing for consumers."

"loath" means reluctant or unwilling
so your original phrasing conveys that you're unwilling to believe that nvidia dominance is a bad thing... but I get the feeling you do think it's a bad thing

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2018, 01:21 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 22:48:
How are you defining a "successful all-electric car company"? Tesla Motors certainly isn't a profitable one, at least so far. I'd have to check on Space-X but my guess would be it isn't profitable either, yet. Will they be eventually? Possibly. Until then the definition remains in flux...

Amazon's profit...
https://i.imgur.com/cwwlkcf.png

And those upticks in the 2000s are mostly ~100 million.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 11, 2018, 14:54 Sepharo

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2018, 14:23:
How is FFXV on the list twice? There's only one version of it...

Maybe a region split? Enough possibly separate Japanese sales to make the list?

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
12. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 11, 2018, 03:05 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 16:38:
Babbages -- wow, that caused flash backs. Apparently whatever was left of them was absorbed into GameStop along with Electronics Boutique.

Don't forget FuncoLand too.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 10, 2018, 12:45 Sepharo

Players don't learn about the mechanics of safeties

They do though in the new gun range simulators.
This is kind of the sole point I think anyone talking about the new VR ranges has... It does teach you how to operate the gun, and more than just the safety too. But yeah aiming and firing is a whole different ballpark for now.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
38. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 20:06 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:43:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:24:
Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
[..] and moving to the Switch where they have a reasonable chance of their games not being buried under an avalanche of shit

Got news for ya, there's an avalanche of shit on the online Switch store too.

I wouldn't know and frankly that is not the point. I am reporting what more than one ex-PC game developer has publicly gone on record saying.

Well then they're mistaken, they're going to run into the same issue there.
It's not really a new problem to retail. Product placement is everything, and you have to pay the retailer for the preferential placement. Otherwise you're just one unit in a sea of units.

I was actually surprised at the amount of shit in the Switch store, it really resembles Steam and Google Play in that regard. Personally I never browse to find games but I was curious about what Nintendo's store was offering.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
34. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 19:24 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
[..] and moving to the Switch where they have a reasonable chance of their games not being buried under an avalanche of shit

Got news for ya, there's an avalanche of shit on the online Switch store too.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Mar 8, 2018, 19:53 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 19:19:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 18:24:
Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:15:
There are so many imcomprehensibly stupid assertions in this opinion piece that I literally don't have the time to address them all. Or even half of them. Thankfully most of this incredibly clueless writer's points are so idiotic that they hardly need rebuttals; anyone with the intellect above that of a small child and even a remote grasp on reality should be able to recognize the overall stupidity of what he is saying.

Yeah his suggestions for game mechanics are moronic.

As far as the general argument about "training". I disagree with the muscle memory and aiming stuff, but there is a bit of a point to the gun literacy one can learn in a VR simulator... but it's certainly not a reason to ban them. Knowledge/information should not be suppressed. This would be akin to banning flight simulators after 9/11.
Flight simulators are a perfect example of how you -can- train for something in a virtual environment. I picked up flying RC planes in literally 10 minutes, due to the thousand or so hours I had spent in sims. His specific claims may be mostly bogus, but there's a kernel of truth to the general idea.

We're saying the same things

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Ooh, I got one too! Mar 8, 2018, 18:24 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:15:
There are so many imcomprehensibly stupid assertions in this opinion piece that I literally don't have the time to address them all. Or even half of them. Thankfully most of this incredibly clueless writer's points are so idiotic that they hardly need rebuttals; anyone with the intellect above that of a small child and even a remote grasp on reality should be able to recognize the overall stupidity of what he is saying.

Yeah his suggestions for game mechanics are moronic.

As far as the general argument about "training". I disagree with the muscle memory and aiming stuff, but there is a bit of a point to the gun literacy one can learn in a VR simulator... but it's certainly not a reason to ban them. Knowledge/information should not be suppressed. This would be akin to banning flight simulators after 9/11.

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
20. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 18:18 Sepharo

Saboth wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:15:
Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:46:
Of course they did. I'm going to guess that Vicky Hartzler is also getting a ton of money from the NRA.

But we keep claiming we're a democracy. smh.

Clearly the gaming lobby needs to be spreading a lot more money around. That's what this is. It's Washington's way of telling them they want more money if the gaming industry wants to be left alone. 'Give us more money and we'll go back to blaming it on Satanists.'

Heh, Trump's going to start a bidding war between lobbyists. "Who can buy my support? Show me the money! Anything goes! I have no scruples!"

I'm pretty positive that's exactly what's going on.
That's why he called up all those gaming CEO's... "Come on over to the White House and let me know what you can do for me... if I don't like it I might come down hard on your industry."

News Comments > H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play
7. Re: H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play Mar 8, 2018, 18:15 Sepharo

I haven't played H1Z1 since before the split.
Are you guys sure that's P2W? They sound like cosmetic weapon skins, I don't think you're spawning with those weapons and players who don't pay aren't... Not really sure how the loot works in this one.

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
21. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 22:52 Sepharo

I have to admit this has happened to the company I work for more than once.
But we typically ask our customers to provide their own certs to secure client - server communications so only the ones who use the default we ship with are affected.

8201 Comments. 411 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo