Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7567 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2016, 01:02 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 19:57:
Task wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 10:58:
lol this country Rolleyes

It's not the US. Just parts of it. Generally the South. And the Midwest. Basically all the red states, but Florida and Texas in particular. Whenever we hear about dumb shit out of the US 9/10 times it's either Florida or Texas. Hell, Family Guy already nailed it with the Everyone From Florida is Stupid song.

Might want to look up what the Midwest is and compare that with election maps. They're not red states. There's a few, but most are blue.

Edit: Hmm, I'll have to correct myself a bit and limit my statement to presidential elections only. Local governments are more red (which is more in line with the context of your comment anyway) and even with the presidential elections it's close... Also the region I'd consider "great plains" is in the Midwest apparently. I'd more consider it the great lake states like Michigan, Ohio, Illionis, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota... but then there are 6 more like Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, etc.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2016, 01:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 04:58 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 03:40:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:14:
I block ads so that angle of the videosift complaints doesn't apply for me. I just prefer to watch YouTube videos on YouTube. I don't see any value to watching them wrapped by some other site. I always thought Blue had some partnership thing going on because it didn't make any sense for me otherwise. First thing I do is click over to YouTube when I get linked there.

Okay, but Youtube doesn't provide a good list of curated vids.

Fine, but when using a site for discovery purposes you aren't typically linked directly to specific content. When linking to a specific video the intention isn't to provide a source of curated content, it's to watch the video. And 90% or more of the time that video is a youtube video, and videosift is just an extra unnecessary layer around that video. I prefer youtube's site design over videosift, I prefer its related video suggestions, I like that I'm logged into my account and can favorite or thumbs up the video, hell I even like the comments. And to be honest I've tried to use videosift for the "quality" aspect and I just don't really see it. Take a look at their front page and tell me those videos are anything special. I can't.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 21:14 Sepharo

I block ads so that angle of the videosift complaints doesn't apply for me. I just prefer to watch YouTube videos on YouTube. I don't see any value to watching them wrapped by some other site. I always thought Blue had some partnership thing going on because it didn't make any sense for me otherwise. First thing I do is click over to YouTube when I get linked there.  

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
21. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 21:09 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:17:
Daybreak can keep my $99. It's not worth my time to get it back. This is simply another failure in a long string of failures for the early access / crowdfunding model of game development. The model is absolutely broken.

I've backed over 20 games and received all of them. Works for me.

And that's just through Kickstarter. There are others through other services and of course Steam Early Access.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2016, 19:45 Sepharo

That texture pop-in on the spider man suit... I guess that particular artifact isn't just for games anymore.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 02:54 Sepharo

Somehow stumbled upon a post from years ago of RollinThundr saying he would vote for Rand Paul in 2016. I wonder if he stuck to that while the guy was still running this year. Wonder who he's for now.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
8. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 9, 2016, 23:15 Sepharo

I hate to be that guy... but they keep hyping how fast the MP is, in this press release they call it "VERY FAST"... But the video certainly doesn't show that. Looks middling.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Patched
3. Re: Overwatch Beta Patched Mar 9, 2016, 15:51 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 14:45:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 13:50:
New Control Map: Ilios
Situated atop a small island rising from the Aegean Sea, Ilios is a postcard-perfect Mediterranean town, with a bustling harborside, winding paths for rambling hillside strolls, and gorgeous vistas. It is the ideal vacation stop for people looking for a place to relax, or for those interested in exploring the ruins scattered at the top of the island, where many artifacts and relics of the ancient world have been recently unearthed.

It would be nice if you could actually do those things but you can't. So why would they write that?

The PR person is paid per word?

They're trying to build up a lore (it is Blizzard after all). That map description was probably what you get in-game and they just reused it for the press release.

News Comments > Riot Acquires Radiant; Closing Rising Thunder
2. Re: Riot Acquires Radiant; Closing Rising Thunder Mar 9, 2016, 02:55 Sepharo

I'm not a fighting game fan and had never heard of Rising Thunder. I just watched like an hour of it and holy shit does that game look awesome and fun as hell. I hope whatever they're working on is similar. I get the feeling it won't be those mecha though which is disappointing.  

News Comments > Valve on Virtual Reality
6. Re: Valve on Virtual Reality Mar 9, 2016, 01:02 Sepharo

Parias wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 23:35:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 18:42:
It all sounds so exciting until you realize the VR experience is mostly an exercise in how long you can stand having a hot, heavy headset strapped to your head.

The effect of being able to fully immerse into a 3d world is cool but not for the length of time I spend in most games, several hours at a time.

I've played Elite Dangerous with my DK2 for several hours at a stretch and it hasn't really been a problem? Sometimes I'll want to take quick 5 minute breaks when I'm docked at a station or something, but I guess it's the same when I play without VR as well.

I don't understand why people keep thinking this will be such a big issue. Like everything it'll vary from person to person of course, but in my own case I've had no real problems with it.

It's usually people who haven't actually worn one.
I find my DK2 pretty comfortable, even when I used it for hours on end when I first got it.

And you know those earlier models are going to be bulkier than what the future has in store.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2016, 19:51 Sepharo

Battleborn is precisely the kind of crap I don't want to play. Floating numbers, loot/gear, and AI mobs moving through some maze. It's stupid that Pitchford and that article author even consider them on the same wavelength.  

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway
6. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remastered This Month; Preorders Underway Mar 8, 2016, 14:49 Sepharo

I wonder if they snuck anything new in there as like a secret or something.

I have scumm vm on my tablet so I've actually played through DoTT a few times recently, the graphical upgrade doesn't look like enough of a reason for me to get this again, despite being a huge fan.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 8, 2016, 06:14 Sepharo

Holy gimmick. Looks like an extra long youtube video.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2016, 21:06 Sepharo

The problem is these kids putting all their ding-dang games on here and makin the computer slower.  

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
17. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 19:38 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 17:57:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 17:19:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 16:06:
Talutha wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 13:29:
The cost of the game is $40 and all future maps and heroes are going to be free. Only cosmetics will be sold.'

All of Overwatch's Post Launch Maps and Heroes Will Be Free/

That article is outdated. The game is 60$ (or 60 Euros for those on the other side of the pond) on Blizzard's page.

He's right, there are three purchase options on Blizzard's page and it defaults to a sort of deluxe edition. Base game without the extra skins and other "digital goodies" for their other games is $40.

Yeah I guess I was wrong, didn't even check whether there were cheaper editions, so thanks for that. 40$ is indeed a little more palatable than 60$, i still don't know whether it's worth it so I guess Ill be checking the open beta to see.

I guess you didn't remember when I told you the same thing back in January.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 16:18 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 15:10:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 05:11:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:05:
Anyway, I already forgot what the topic was about

You said something was "factually and scientifically completely misleading" and it turned out to be the opposite of that.

The fact you and even that sci channel believe that you *should* clean/disinfect an open bleeding wound with soap perfectly proves my point though

Don't be disingenuous, it's me, that sci channel, and common medical consensus backed up by research. I can tell you still haven't googled it.

Yeah, Sepharo has has cited facts, then linked to the citations, the strongest coming from extremely reputable sources. This makes the most compelling argument to me.

I didn't actually link to anything though

But a simple search for "wound care" will show that almost every guide says to clean with water and mild soap (you'll find the same from any doctor/hospital if you go for a wound or following surgery release). And a search for wound care and hydrogen peroxide will show that this is no longer advised because of the way H2O2 damages human cells.

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
4. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 12:34 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:29:
At this point? Who gives a shit? I was pretty disappointed when they announced that it's not going to be a F2P game, and will probably still feature a massive amount of DLC. This is another Brink in the making, except everyone will bend over and take it like they like it, because its Blizzard.

Nah, you're pretty far off the mark there. Last Blizzard game I owned was vanilla WoW over a decade ago, so I'm hardly a fan boy. This is just a very good multiplayer team/class shooter. Watch some gameplay videos, watch TotalBiscuits review, people are having a lot of fun and the game is very polished. Unlocks and purchaseables are cosmetic only.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 12:20 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 05:11:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:14:

You said something was "factually and scientifically completely misleading" and it turned out to be the opposite of that.

The fact you and even that sci channel believe that you *should* clean/disinfect an open bleeding wound with soap perfectly proves my point though

Don't be disingenuous, it's me, that sci channel, and common medical consensus backed up by research. I can tell you still haven't googled it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 04:14 Sepharo

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 03:40 Sepharo

The guy's video was about wound care in general, not emergency while hiking in the wilderness wound care.

Mild soap is what I've always heard from doctors so I don't know why you're getting hung up on that part in particular.

I had a deep wound following pilonidal cyst removal and I had to bathe it with soapy water multiple times a day.

7567 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo