Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7562 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
16. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 21, 2016, 19:36 Sepharo

Really like the idea behind that Warpath mode.

Moving control points... kind of like payload but without the stupid payload.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2016, 15:11 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 14:47:
You guys are missing the point. The question isn't "why would anyone want to play those old games?" The question is, for those who do wish to play or study them, how can we ensure that they remain available? In many cases, the hardware to run these older games no longer exists, so emulation is the only way to make them available. Publishers sue for copyright infringement, but then don't make older games available for purchase. What's the solution?

This is yet another issue caused by our ridiculous copyright system. If copyright was say 15 or 20 years, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I dunno if Cutter put them off track or if they all just have terrible critical reading skills.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2016, 08:07 Sepharo

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 07:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 19:01:
Why would anyone (with a brain) want to "emulate" console peasantry?
Somebody help me out here...is this guy for real or is it some sort of local running joke?

He's like an angry Ken M

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2016, 19:18 Sepharo

I downloaded nearly a terabyte of arcade games years ago but it was quite a hassle getting them to work. There were some gems in there but mostly it was a collection of thousands of old knockoffs and half-cooked concepts from the 80s.

A company that could select the gems, secure the licensing, and sell the retrofits for modern systems would be great... The Pinball Arcade has been doing it excellently for pinballs, and even licensing issues that seemed insurmountable, like Addams Family, eventually fell with enough cash and respectability. I'd love to see the same done for arcade games.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse<br> Thanks {ant}.</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Mar 19, 2016, 19:12 Sepharo

I'm pretty sure this is Ant's faul  

News Comments > Telltale's Batman Details
7. Re: Telltale's Batman Details Mar 19, 2016, 01:22 Sepharo

Tyrric wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 01:11:
bigspender wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 22:16:
I hate these Telltale things with a passion.

Telltale will remember that.

Rotfl

News Comments > Telltale's Batman Details
2. Re: Telltale's Batman Details Mar 18, 2016, 20:46 Sepharo

These guys are making bank for themselves and everyone involved, that's for sure.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 11:42 Sepharo

I'm already paying a handful of creators through patreon, I would love to add Blue to the list. I've been reading and posting here for over a decade and have never been able to give anything back.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2016, 17:18 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 09:57:
nin wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 09:52:
Where are the cops when you need one?

Wow, what a fucking idiot! I'm a little surprised the cop was as laid back as he was. Feel bad for the cabbie as well...

I actually missed him at first myself too. Rolling back the vid and realizing he was there the whole time makes it more amazing (at first I thought he rolled up on it in progress).

Do you think he got out because the cab was sitting at a green light or something? Doesn't seem like he saw the gun from his car because he didn't react when it was more visible and only flicked the lights on much later. Probably didn't see what was really going on until he walked up.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2016, 17:16 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 17:10:
Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 16:17:
Just got an interesting message from Chrome here:
The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on www.imressionstracker.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

Did you try impressionstracker.com? imressionstracker sounds like a domain hackers would use to fool people.

I assume RedEye and Beamer are saying they're getting this message while visiting Blue's.
I don't think they're trying to go to imressionstracker or impressionstracker

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 16, 2016, 04:03 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 02:14:
Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 00:33:
And fuck you America for Trump and Clinton. Seriously, you guys suck so much nad for this.

I'm feelin' the Bern, but I don't think Clinton would be that bad. Obama did a lot of things I liked, and some I didn't. Clinton would be MOTS. What really terrifies me are ANY of the Repub yahoos, the least frightening being Kaisch, who's still an asshole.

Probably over for Bernie after tonight unfortunately. I mean, he's not going to drop out or stop running a vigorous campaign but the math is no longer realistic. He needed to win the rust belt. We were all hoping that Michigan polls being way off wasn't a fluke. But the old white people in Ohio were victorious, young people fucked it up. Yet another reason to dislike Ohio.

News Comments > F2P ARK Multiplayer Spin-off
5. Re: F2P ARK Multiplayer Spin-off Mar 16, 2016, 01:48 Sepharo

Wow another Battle Royale game.
And pushing the broadcasting and competitive angles with the announcers.
And you can win money.

Goin for the trendiest.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2016, 01:52 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 20:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:12:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:08:
I don't advocate hard break checks, but that was pretty satisfying to watch. I had someone tailgating me bad last week, I should have popped my trunk and asked if they wanted in.

I just generally take my foot off the gas and let my Jeep slow down. Sometimes way down. They usually get the hint.

Same. I guarantee you the person was texting or reading facebook - as the "brake check" was more of a "hay here are my brake lights" and you can see the delay in the reaction then the over correction. I love it.

/was thinking about it. Reminded me about how amazing driving in Texas was. On rural roads, every time I came upon someone slower than me, they would drive on the shoulder at let me pass. Amazing. I wish more people did that. Was told it is just a local custom to be nice and *GASP* LET PEOPLE PASS!

Canadians do this too. Michigan drivers are pretty good about letting the faster car pass but Canada, at least the part in between Toronto and Detroit are experts at it. Ohio... complete fucking opposite. Slowest traffic on the highway is somehow in the far left lane by itself.

News Comments > SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing
7. Re: SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing Mar 14, 2016, 02:25 Sepharo

The theater thing I have on Oculus feels like a theater, the screen is a big screen you'd have in a modern cinema. It's so simplistic but it's actually one of the more immersive things available imo. Just neat sitting there watching what you want and you can turn around in your red cushioned chair and maybe see a person behind you in the audience also watching and the exit signs behind them.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2016, 04:33 Sepharo

ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 04:26:
A majority is still red. Including the famed Bible belt, which is hardcore red. That's about as Midwest as you can get. Is there exceptions? sure. But that giant section of red running down the middle cannot be escaped.

The bible belt only includes 1 of 12 of the states considered Midwest.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2016, 01:02 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 19:57:
Task wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 10:58:
lol this country Rolleyes

It's not the US. Just parts of it. Generally the South. And the Midwest. Basically all the red states, but Florida and Texas in particular. Whenever we hear about dumb shit out of the US 9/10 times it's either Florida or Texas. Hell, Family Guy already nailed it with the Everyone From Florida is Stupid song.

Might want to look up what the Midwest is and compare that with election maps. They're not red states. There's a few, but most are blue.

Edit: Hmm, I'll have to correct myself a bit and limit my statement to presidential elections only. Local governments are more red (which is more in line with the context of your comment anyway) and even with the presidential elections it's close... Also the region I'd consider "great plains" is in the Midwest apparently. I'd more consider it the great lake states like Michigan, Ohio, Illionis, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota... but then there are 6 more like Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, etc.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2016, 01:11.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 04:58 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 03:40:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:14:
I block ads so that angle of the videosift complaints doesn't apply for me. I just prefer to watch YouTube videos on YouTube. I don't see any value to watching them wrapped by some other site. I always thought Blue had some partnership thing going on because it didn't make any sense for me otherwise. First thing I do is click over to YouTube when I get linked there.

Okay, but Youtube doesn't provide a good list of curated vids.

Fine, but when using a site for discovery purposes you aren't typically linked directly to specific content. When linking to a specific video the intention isn't to provide a source of curated content, it's to watch the video. And 90% or more of the time that video is a youtube video, and videosift is just an extra unnecessary layer around that video. I prefer youtube's site design over videosift, I prefer its related video suggestions, I like that I'm logged into my account and can favorite or thumbs up the video, hell I even like the comments. And to be honest I've tried to use videosift for the "quality" aspect and I just don't really see it. Take a look at their front page and tell me those videos are anything special. I can't.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 21:14 Sepharo

I block ads so that angle of the videosift complaints doesn't apply for me. I just prefer to watch YouTube videos on YouTube. I don't see any value to watching them wrapped by some other site. I always thought Blue had some partnership thing going on because it didn't make any sense for me otherwise. First thing I do is click over to YouTube when I get linked there.  

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
21. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 21:09 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:17:
Daybreak can keep my $99. It's not worth my time to get it back. This is simply another failure in a long string of failures for the early access / crowdfunding model of game development. The model is absolutely broken.

I've backed over 20 games and received all of them. Works for me.

And that's just through Kickstarter. There are others through other services and of course Steam Early Access.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2016, 19:45 Sepharo

That texture pop-in on the spider man suit... I guess that particular artifact isn't just for games anymore.  

7562 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo