Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7531 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch May Dates Leaked?
4. Re: Overwatch May Dates Leaked? Mar 7, 2016, 12:34 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:29:
At this point? Who gives a shit? I was pretty disappointed when they announced that it's not going to be a F2P game, and will probably still feature a massive amount of DLC. This is another Brink in the making, except everyone will bend over and take it like they like it, because its Blizzard.

Nah, you're pretty far off the mark there. Last Blizzard game I owned was vanilla WoW over a decade ago, so I'm hardly a fan boy. This is just a very good multiplayer team/class shooter. Watch some gameplay videos, watch TotalBiscuits review, people are having a lot of fun and the game is very polished. Unlocks and purchaseables are cosmetic only.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 12:20 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 05:11:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:05:
Anyway, I already forgot what the topic was about

You said something was "factually and scientifically completely misleading" and it turned out to be the opposite of that.

The fact you and even that sci channel believe that you *should* clean/disinfect an open bleeding wound with soap perfectly proves my point though

Don't be disingenuous, it's me, that sci channel, and common medical consensus backed up by research. I can tell you still haven't googled it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 04:14 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 04:05:
Anyway, I already forgot what the topic was about

You said something was "factually and scientifically completely misleading" and it turned out to be the opposite of that.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 03:40 Sepharo

The guy's video was about wound care in general, not emergency while hiking in the wilderness wound care.

Mild soap is what I've always heard from doctors so I don't know why you're getting hung up on that part in particular.

I had a deep wound following pilonidal cyst removal and I had to bathe it with soapy water multiple times a day.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 03:17 Sepharo

He's not the first person I've heard give this advice. My sister recently graduated nursing school and she has also brought up that they're now teaching that it slows the healing of wounds and causes scars.

I don't use it on wounds simply because I don't have it around. Water has always worked fine for me.

edit: The more I research it the more it sounds like your advice is the "maliciously misleading" stuff.

From WedMD:
Using hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol to clean an injury can actually harm the tissue and delay healing. The best way to clean a minor wound is with cool running water and mild soap. Rinse the wound for at least five minutes to remove dirt, debris, and bacteria. Wounds that are large, deep, or bleeding nonstop should be treated by a professional.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 03:23.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
17. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2016, 01:41 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 01:16:
There's no theft involved... You left the door of your car open, a guy came in and sat in it for a minute, took a picture of the bobble-head on your dashboard, and then left. Are you so petty as to press charges for that?

More like you left your car unlocked. Somebody went rifling around in your glovebox. Found nude pictures, took pictures of those, and started distributing the copies.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2016, 22:46 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 22:04:
That Hydrogen Peroxide video is factually and scientifically completely misleading. ;(

Okay I'll bite. What did you disagree with?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2016, 21:57 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 21:00:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 17:39:
Since age 40 or so, the only times I've slept past 7 am is either when I went to bed after 2 am or when drunk. Torture for me, is having to be working past 2-3 pm. Until I was laid off last week, I had been working 6:30 am to 3:30 pm for the last 4 years.

Sorry to hear you got laid off. Hope you got a nice long severance package and are collecting unemployment. Hope you can get something soon. Companies expect workers to work 7 to 7, or they'll replace you with an H1-B. Sucks donkey balls.

I disagree. And I don't think Tact was saying he was laid off over his preferred flexible hours. I think in general jobs are trending towards more flexible hours, at least in job markets / industries that apply to this conversation. If there's an early meeting I work 9-6, if not I work noon to 8, or even later. That's a more recent benefit in my workplace... and our H1-B employees are welcome to work those hours as well.

News Comments > The Culling Early Access
6. Re: The Culling Early Access Mar 6, 2016, 21:47 Sepharo

necrosis wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 19:42:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 17:11:
Looks like an attempt to harness the popularity of H1Z1's battle royale mode.
Yeah but The Culling does not run like ass.

I did not mean that as an endorsement of H1Z1

News Comments > The Culling Early Access
3. Re: The Culling Early Access Mar 6, 2016, 17:11 Sepharo

Looks like an attempt to harness the popularity of H1Z1's battle royale mode.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
26. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 5, 2016, 01:13 Sepharo

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 07:56:
Kind of bad examples, since in both Diablo and Diablo 2 the enemies did stay down during the SP campaign. Pretty sure they did in Titan Quest as well.

Diablo(1) saves persisted the current world so nothing re-spawned.

However, with Diablo 2, you had to get to a Portal/Rift to not have to fight an area again as it would re-spawn areas just like GD. Diablo 3 is the same way, you need to get to Checkpoints.

So what GD is doing aligns with modern methods of saving. And as someone else stated, you can boost your level a bit if you need to.

You're definitely thinking of Diablo 2 MP not SP... In SP they will not respawn unless you create a new game.

"you can boost your level a bit if you need to."

His comment wasn't about that. It was about a traditional SP experience free of grinding to "beat" the game. Clearing the monsters as part of the narrative.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
86. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 21:33 Sepharo

Everything slick say is real smart like
Everything everyone else say be dumb

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
83. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 20:07 Sepharo

Overreact to claimed overreaction.
Hyperbolize over hyperbole.
Bitch about bitching.
The slick way.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
23. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 4, 2016, 00:06 Sepharo

Fletch wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 23:51:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 17:58:
I really dislike how there is no save (except for character), making everything constantly respawn. There is never a feeling of accomplishment on 'Saving the World', everything is still there. Protest

Ridiculous. It's like Diablo. It would be pretty hard to level up if everything you killed in one game was still dead the next time you played, not to mention boss runs for high-end loot would be a little difficult. Find the next rift before you quit and you won't have to go back over the same areas again if you don't want to. Have you ever even played Diablo or TQ?

I've logged over 800 hours in GD. Awesome PC game.

Kind of bad examples, since in both Diablo and Diablo 2 the enemies did stay down during the SP campaign. Pretty sure they did in Titan Quest as well.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
9. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 3, 2016, 00:08 Sepharo

rawbelly wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 23:54:
Knuckleheads. Read the official forum post. They refuted the speculation. It was a bug. Click bait nonsense. Move along. Wait for patch.

Blue included that in his writeup.

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation
6. Re: Steam Stops Selling Spintires; Sparks Sabotage Speculation Mar 2, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Nice Blue  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1168. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 1, 2016, 03:34 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Feb 27, 2016, 23:42:
No one tell Sepharo but I'm trying for the third time for the last post!

You got a few extra days out of it because I was skiing in Colorado

Well, Quinn too I guess

News Comments > Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us
12. Re: Steam VR Performance Test Teases Us Feb 23, 2016, 01:14 Sepharo

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 00:37:
They updated Steam's UI AGAIN! Jesus. I just want a list mode. I'm sorry, I own more than 10 games, scrolling through them all is bullshit. I miss the old version.

Edit: I'm sure it's awesome like win98, but no thanks.

I just updated and restarted. Same view modes for the library are still there. Click View, top three entries should be "Games Detail" "Games List" "Games Grid". Detail shows the most games in one list.

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
23. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 21, 2016, 12:04 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 08:41:
We're really showing our age, I think, with basically zero percent of the bluesnews people using what's considered a common social program these days.

Actually Twitter use is in decline. You've held out long enough to see it both rise and fall. It peaked in the summer of 2014. 15% of Americans uses Twitter, which is still a very impressive number, but not in comparison to Facebook at 58%. LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, even Google+ have higher penetration percentages than Twitter.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire
15. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 21:29 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 20:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:37:
theglaze wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:34:
When someone is "better" than me because they have faster reflexes, more accurate aiming, better hearing, superior game sense, and just plan logged more hours...yeah it's natural to think they cheat. The unfortunate truth is that they usually don't, especially if you download the demo to review.

/me passes out from disbelief Whew

Someone other than myself making this rational argument?! Can't be!

Don't worry, it's not. He's cheating at MessageBoard GO

I've got all the message board cheat codes.

7531 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo