Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7560 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
11. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 30, 2016, 23:17 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 23:11:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 21:06:
Spencer went on to say, "Nobody does app openness better than Microsoft, developers love us. In Windows 10, it's nice can I tell you it is just the best by the way, we're going to have more app openness than anyone else."

When I read that I heard Donald Trump's voice in my head.

haha yes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
79. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 22:54 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 13:40:
Redmask wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 07:46:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:40:
Did some personal bible study tonight and it really helped me appreciate Jesus words, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) The first 25 or so minutes of this video (produced by JW's) helped me greatly appreciate the gravity of what Jesus' words meant. This has led me to conclude that a minimum wage, no a living wage, of $15 is the neighborly and compassionate thing to do. I now know a lot of people, including fellow worshipers, who would greatly benefit from such an income increase regardless of marketable skills. Thank you all for your valuable points of view.

Glad to hear you've been educated on this modern issue by an ancient work of fantasy. Well done.

Have fun programming your garbage collection and other essential services.

Your segue to "Have fun programming your garbage collection and other essential services" is rather odd and mildly confusing.

Yeah have fun with your safe implicit types.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
6. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 30, 2016, 21:35 Sepharo

"a new desktop app converter that will make it super-simple for developers of old-school Windows apps to modernize their software with UWP"

Yeah right... as if a code converter ever produced usable code.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
32. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 30, 2016, 01:35 Sepharo

The best part of SA was being a weirdo completionist who refuses to do main storyline until all side things are completed. So I capture all possible gang territory over a long period of time. Then I start doing the main missions and they take it all away from me and I need to recapture it all. lol  

68. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 23:29 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:23:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:49:
California raises minimum wage to $15 an hour. As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease. These are no skill jobs. They're not suppose to be living income jobs. People who "settle" at minimum wage jobs basically gave up on life. It's not the government's job to force companies to give these people a 6% raise every year for the next six years!

*I care not to say specifically how much

CA has a programmers minimum wage of 83K.

Wow, didn't know that. Now I'm super mad because it took me years to get to that level in Michigan. Wait no I'm not because I'm not upset about how much other people that aren't me make. Or if I am it's because they make too little and my taxes are used to keep them afloat otherwise.

64. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 22:09 Sepharo

edit: removed... quote is not edit  

60. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 20:56 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 19:13:
nin wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 18:15:
Report his filth, it's time to clean up this place.

Some just can't stand that Cutter is right. And hell froze over, I agree completely with Beamer on something!

Insane compensation for CEOs is the problem.

I didn't see any personal attacks either, just a generalized admonishment of people who get upset about how much "inferior" people make in relation to themselves.

edit: Err I should clarify there weren't any personal attacks in that specific post. Can't say that of some of the others.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2016, 22:11.

News Comments > Chronos for Oculus Rift
4. Re: Chronos for Oculus Rift Mar 28, 2016, 23:03 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 22:44:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 22:15:
Why are all the scenes shot in variable third person camera angles? The trailer doesn't shows anything VR.

It's 3rd person VR, ie you are observing like ... ant-farm Opinions seem to be that this works exceptionally well in VR

Yeah that perspective was a pleasant surprise in the few VR demos I experienced like that. Kind of makes me want to VR play a pinball or arcade game now.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 28, 2016, 02:07 Sepharo

I'm pretty confident they'll return to a single character narrative.
Very easy business decision to make there.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 03:03 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 01:28:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 00:20:
I canceled my Hulu Plus just because I almost never used it.
Have Amazon Prime and Netflix now... and a friend's cable login that I use occasionally

You might like 11.22.63.

I am watching it. Loved the book. Changes in the show have been interesting.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 00:20 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 00:06:
Icewind wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 22:54:
A lot of the shows I was watching on Netflix are still shown on Amazon Prime, like Stargate SG1, for instance.

IMO, Amazon Prime is better if what you want are movies and old TV shows. Netflix is what you want if original programming is your thing. I have both and they each fulfill a need.

Add Hulu Plus to create an entertainment trifecta.

I canceled my Hulu Plus just because I almost never used it.
Have Amazon Prime and Netflix now... and a friend's cable login that I use occasionally

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
23. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 20:47 Sepharo

edit: nm  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
12. Re: DOOM Trailer Mar 25, 2016, 01:34 Sepharo

NotOneOfUs wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 00:43:
Movement speed way too slow.

I like the Quake 3 influences, but damn, so slow.

But look at that speedy muthafucka run by when the announcer says invisibility... Actually looks like they might have tried to cover up a frame slow down there... maybe caused by the invisibility effect.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
14. Re: Overwatch Trailer Mar 23, 2016, 22:25 Sepharo

Siygess wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 20:04:
Wonderful short and I'm digging the visual style. Blizzard really have a knack for this.

But.. all this for a team based shooter? I just don't get it. With Diablo, Starcraft.. even WoW, there was an opportunity for narrative.. a chance to do something with all the lore they had created. Even Titanfall manages to shove a bit of story in your face at the start of a round and follow that up with some NPCs doing.. stuff in the match, even if nobody else is paying any attention to it. But from all the footage I have seen of Overwatch, this is just Unreal Tournament with a coat of Blizzard paint; Not a bad thing in itself but it means these videos have almost nothing to do with the game you will be playing.

Oh well, hopefully Overwatch will be successful enough that Blizzard follows it up with a half decent single player or co-op title set in the same universe.

I get the feeling that you're not familiar with the TF2 lore... I'm not really either, but I know it exists, that it's there. That Valve has storylines and comics and merch and a ton of characters that aren't even playable or even appear anywhere other than the short movies they make.

That's what Blizzard is looking to emulate.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Mar 23, 2016, 22:07 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 12:39:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 01:27:
I suggest you read up on it, because what you just said isn't right at all.

Citation needed. You need to demonstrate your claim is correct. There's overwhelming evidence IP law is corrupt.

From the post I replied to:

Games are different in that they are used.

What does this mean? How is this any different than software? Games are software. Software is licensed.
The reason we're discussing this at all is because you don't like that they are licensed. Now I'm supposed to prove that... they're licensed? You already agree.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Mar 23, 2016, 01:27 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 14:11:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 05:36:
Software has been licensed since the beginning.

And that was the fraud, the public has no idea how tech works. Software licensing got traction because the public had no clue and corporations were the ones writing the laws. Games are different in that they are used. So games are taking advantage of bullshit laws that really shouldn't apply to them.

I suggest you read up on it, because what you just said isn't right at all.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2016, 05:36 Sepharo

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 05:31:
Oh woe be me! There was some copy protection in games back in the day, who would`ve thunk.

The point is, once you bought the game, you could take it home and play it without any external factors involved. I didn`t need to have to call Gabe and ask for his permission and I certainly did not need to have internet connection.

That was always just due to technical limitations

Software has been licensed since the beginning.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
19. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 22, 2016, 00:27 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 23:39:
Freeze Tag is a hard sell since it means people have to be willing to not play the game at times, but damn if the concept doesn't look fun.

I just played some Freeze Tag in Quake Live a few days ago. I forgot how fun that mode was. Though playing it with anything other than rails is kind of sacrilege... Not too hard to spray someone with a machine gun for a freeze... but it appears the might have a dmg threshold instead of one hit like I'm used to.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed
16. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Modes Detailed Mar 21, 2016, 19:36 Sepharo

Really like the idea behind that Warpath mode.

Moving control points... kind of like payload but without the stupid payload.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2016, 15:11 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 14:47:
You guys are missing the point. The question isn't "why would anyone want to play those old games?" The question is, for those who do wish to play or study them, how can we ensure that they remain available? In many cases, the hardware to run these older games no longer exists, so emulation is the only way to make them available. Publishers sue for copyright infringement, but then don't make older games available for purchase. What's the solution?

This is yet another issue caused by our ridiculous copyright system. If copyright was say 15 or 20 years, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I dunno if Cutter put them off track or if they all just have terrible critical reading skills.

7560 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo