Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8192 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 12:36 Sepharo

Ozmodan wrote on May 7, 2018, 09:18:
funny how many of the pubg players eventually migrate to fortnite.

Seems like all the major streamers, except for ninja of course, have actually taken the opposite trajectory. They've returned to PUBG because encountering a skilled player in Fortnite is few and far between, it's boring for them. Personally I just couldn't get into the spam building which is basically required if you want to play at a high level.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 6, 2018, 22:38 Sepharo

spoiler
they lost to new york but it was pretty damn close though you wouldn't know it from the scoreboard

News Comments > Quake Champions Adding Bots and More Gore
6. Re: Quake Champions Adding Bots and More Gore May 6, 2018, 16:37 Sepharo

Armengar wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:29:
im sure you won't have any doubt who the bots are. they wont have the attitude of a 12 year old with a potty mouth.

Nobody talks in this game.

News Comments > Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed
6. Re: Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed May 6, 2018, 04:03 Sepharo

I think we'll still see a uptick on all those same indicators because of increasing Chinese player count... just not to the same degree, since multiple accounts on the same machine.

It brings up the question if the Steam survey results are supposed to be reflective of all players hardware usage or physical machines stats. And I supposed they answered that with this fix... But now they can't say, for example, "20% of players use card B" because it's really "20% of machines that connect to steam use card B (and 30% of players use those machines)"

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
36. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 2, 2018, 14:08 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 2, 2018, 09:21:
Sepharo wrote on May 1, 2018, 23:00:
It's weird to call it fate or say it's forcing him... Both of his major connections were made by his own choice. He wished on a genie to tie Yennefer and his fates together, and he asked for Ciri as a payment for a high profile witcher job he did.

He himself keeps calling it Fate. He keeps saying that Ciri was fated to him. IIRC the whole act of him asking for the first thing the guy sees was something something of fate. Child of fate or something?

Oh I wasn't trying to say that's not a theme of the story. Just that it's funny because both times Geralt made the decision.

Like saying, "it's my fate to go over this waterfall" as you're climbing in a barrel at the river side.

31. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 1, 2018, 23:00 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 1, 2018, 12:48:
Sepharo wrote on May 1, 2018, 00:33:
But I'll add that the books are very much about the neutrality question as well. The Witchers want to be neutral but Geralt finds that he can't, because he has connections to non-witchers in the world and he doesn't want to lose those. That being said, he still finds ways to play both sides when necessary or when it suits him.

If anything, Fate forces Geralt to no longer be neutral, once Ciri comes into his life.

It's weird to call it fate or say it's forcing him... Both of his major connections were made by his own choice. He wished on a genie to tie Yennefer and his fates together, and he asked for Ciri as a payment for a high profile witcher job he did.

29. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 1, 2018, 03:57 Sepharo

ForgedReality wrote on May 1, 2018, 02:23:
Sepharo wrote on May 1, 2018, 00:33:
Cutter's post is spot on.

But I'll add that the books are very much about the neutrality question as well. The Witchers want to be neutral but Geralt finds that he can't, because he has connections to non-witchers in the world and he doesn't want to lose those. That being said, he still finds ways to play both sides when necessary or when it suits him.
I think the games did an excellent job of capturing the themes from the books, and I don't think that would be as compelling without Geralt as the main character. It's a love and friendship story really, those are his motivations in everything he does... the "witchers only care about money" thing is the stereotype he's overcoming and internally battling with.

Except according to the books, Geralt is different from other Witchers, which makes him interesting. He wasn't just turned into a mindless killer with no empathy or moral compass. Something went "wrong" in the trials that he faced and he was not stripped of all of his human emotions. The only reason he has these struggles you describe is because of that aspect of his personality. If they had done the games about any other Witcher than him, it wouldn't have been the series that it is.

What's this "except" about? We're in agreement.

26. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 1, 2018, 00:33 Sepharo

Cutter's post is spot on.

I think the games did an excellent job of capturing the themes from the books, and I don't think that would be as compelling without Geralt as the main character. It's a love and friendship story really, those are his motivations in everything he does... the "witchers only care about money" thing is the stereotype he's overcoming and internally battling with.

News Comments > Super Monday Night Combat Closing
6. Re: Super Monday Night Combat Closing May 1, 2018, 00:22 Sepharo

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 21:14:
They don't really owe it to anybody to spend money altering the game to match the guidelines. I could see a preservation argument if it was a singleplayer game, but it's not so... meh.

I don't think you were necessarily replying to me, but just in case...
I wasn't trying to imply that they owe it to anybody. It totally makes sense not to spend the time and effort on an old game that probably close to nobody is playing... what I am surprised about is that they'd shut it down instead of just kind of hope nobody notices. That's the gist of my comment, what about the other thousands of old online games that won't be in compliance?

News Comments > Super Monday Night Combat Closing
2. Re: Super Monday Night Combat Closing Apr 30, 2018, 19:36 Sepharo

It's not that it's not possible to comply with GDPR it just that they don't want to commit the resources to do so.

I wonder how many other developers out there just don't give a damn or are going to be dealing with situations retroactively as they come up as opposed to proactively.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
12. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 28, 2018, 00:57 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 00:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 22:40:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:19:
It's long past due to just outright block Russian and China from Europe and NA, methinks.
And yet another keyboard warrior edge lord chimes in with yet more clueless angry white man xenophobia. impressive

Presumably he meant region lock PUBG, which I support. It would be nice to play with a team that speaks my language once in a while.

There's actually a bug (for me at least) where occasionally the region selector picks Asia for me instead of NA. Make sure you check that every now and then, might be the reason you keep ending up with non-english speakers. I haven't run into Chinese players on NA servers for a while now after it being pretty bad a few months ago.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
5. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 27, 2018, 20:29 Sepharo

Yeah this would be Tencent, the largest gaming company in the world, and hell the largest investment company in the world, working with the Chinese government.  

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience
6. Re: PC Building Simulator Builds Real Audience Apr 25, 2018, 23:46 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 23:33:
Great idea!

Also, I bet it was all about landing that first partner, and then the others would join. I'm hoping that it's success will mean that all major vendors will have their wares listed in this app (game?). It's a pretty great resource, and one of those WTF how did someone not think of this earlier!? games.

frealz

News Comments > Warcraft III Job Listing
9. Re: Warcraft III Job Listing Apr 25, 2018, 19:41 Sepharo

Apparently new games were added just last week...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III_patch_information

The previous patches seem to be what you'd expect... just fixes and etc.
But those most recent ones are significant new mechanics / modes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
54. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 23, 2018, 19:09 Sepharo

dsmart wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 18:38:
Beamer wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 18:32:
Because it seems to be all you discuss anymore, and some of us who enjoyed your opinion on other things wonder why you can't move on from SC drama.

Aw, that's so cute.

And, again, since being polite doesn't seem to work, do you know any self-declared geniuses who are actually geniuses? It's you, Donald Trump, Kanye, and the cast of r/iamverysmart.

You were never - ever - polite. What happened when I wasn't looking|around? You grew a pair?

You know we can search posts by user on this forum right?

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
12. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 18:30 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 16:31:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 14:20:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 11:37:
Or why not have some maps with one type of weapon only? I remember some servers used to do that for CS. It was always fun playing a map whre everyone had to use pistols only or SMGs, etc.

You can do this in the custom games (and people do). All loot percentages are modifiable and so are tons of other variables. Really a lot of granularity, you can even tweak individual circles speeds and damage, how long it takes to revive, etc etc.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I recall watching you play a pistol map in CS once. You were crazy good.

Thanks. It was probably GunGame which was a mod for CS (and other MP FPS) where you had to get a kill with every gun in the game to win. Valve made that an official mode in CS:GO called Arms Race.

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
8. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 14:20 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 11:37:
Or why not have some maps with one type of weapon only? I remember some servers used to do that for CS. It was always fun playing a map whre everyone had to use pistols only or SMGs, etc.

You can do this in the custom games (and people do). All loot percentages are modifiable and so are tons of other variables. Really a lot of granularity, you can even tweak individual circles speeds and damage, how long it takes to revive, etc etc.

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
14. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 17:25 Sepharo

Oh no, unlimited time and funding for a good group of developers, what terrible news.  

News Comments > Free Weekend for Croteam VR Games
3. Re: Free Weekend for Croteam VR Games Apr 21, 2018, 16:29 Sepharo

Talos is a really good puzzle game.
And although I have played the VR one specifically I expect it would translate nearly perfectly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2018, 00:33 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 22:39:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 21:28:
Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 18:58:
Huh, funny you mention that about the Mary Jane. I was talking with a lady at physio today who's tonic is chronic for her back pain. She doesn't like getting high though so I told her to see if she can get her hands on some hash as it works far better a body stone and leaves the mind a lot clearer. Back in the day when I smoked regularly I always preferred hash to weed, mostly for that reason. Nothing like doing some hot knives with the ice cube tube or the gas mask bong, eh? Hippy

Weed goes legal in Canada in July. Not sure if hash is included in that but I still have enough pals that are regular heads that'll they'll be making it for sure. Can't wait to try some again as it's probably been 20 years since I last had any. I can't stand the chronic myself. Maybe if low-grade pot starts being produced again I might give it a whirl.

Hash can be made from any strain and has different properties depending on the strain and its chemical composition. If you're looking for the body buzz/relax over the mind high, then you're looking specifically for an indica, usually.
But to explain your experience, back in the day hash mostly came from central asia and they were mostly growing indica there.

In TO growing up funny thing was hash (generally black Afghani stuff but blonde from time to time if you were lucky) was way more prevalent at the time. Whereas it's been the complete opposite for the last 20 years, or so I understand. I'm assuming that was probably the same for most everyone in the northeast part of NA. Have no idea what particular weed any of it was made from. Found a few really good tutorials on Youtube so it's not hard to do. Oddly hash oil was really rare though.

Europe and international cities like Toronto had a much easier time getting hash from drug networks in central asia... It's just easier to move. United States was awash in Mexi-bricks of brown weed... you'd notice that it never had "crystals" on it.. because they'd spin it industrial dryers collect all those trichomes and make hash and sell it to other markets for making spliffs etc.
I know Canada obviously had homegrowers too making herb available, but big cities always have easier access to imports.

8192 Comments. 410 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo