Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7566 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of Ammo Early Access
3. Re: Out of Ammo Early Access Apr 16, 2016, 04:49 Sepharo

I don't really agree with your general gripe but I had no idea that the Garry's mod guy was the one who did Rust. Learn somethin new everydayz.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
40. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 16, 2016, 04:00 Sepharo

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 03:53:
I love how this site has over two dozen comments for a game most notable for having an ancient lineage.

Can't tell if you think it's a low or high post count.
I think it's terribly low considering the pedigree of the site, but understandable when the game is on the turdy side.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2016, 02:28 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 21:34:
Why did they even bother? America is a de facto police state now anyway. Who the hell would anyone complain to? And who the hell would do it anything about if they did?

I don't get the part that I underlined. Who/what are you talking about?

But as for "Why did they even bother?" Because colleges are businesses and they don't want people googling UC Davis and getting some fat campus cop pepper spraying students in the face. It's a little too late for Kent State, imagine searching that as a 16 year old doing some early school research. Only 5 out of the top 15 results aren't soldiers shooting students when you google image search for "Kent State".

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Opens
37. Re: DOOM Open Beta Opens Apr 16, 2016, 02:11 Sepharo

Fantaz wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 01:16:
Blue has some Doom deathmatch tips for you guys...

https://www.bluesnews.com/doomtips/

I don't recall ever seeing that before, it's amazing

edit: Blue I found an error: "Don't forget: The Doom engine will adjust the horizontal aim of your shots, allowing you to hit an opponent above or below you."

News Comments > Soda Drinker Pro
8. Re: Soda Drinker Pro Apr 15, 2016, 23:55 Sepharo

Looks pretty good.  

News Comments > Overwatch Stress Test Weekend
9. Re: Overwatch Stress Test Weekend Apr 15, 2016, 20:28 Sepharo

Time played 11 minutes
Time on fire 10 minutes

boomshakalaka

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2016, 04:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 03:47:
Also, here's the current top grossing movies with RT scores. Only one "fresh" in the whole bunch. Tells you a lot how much people pay attention to critics:

TOP BOX OFFICE

19% The Boss $23.6M
28% Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice $23.4M
98% Zootopia $14.3M
28% My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 $6.5M
51% Hardcore Henry $5.1M
47% Miracles from Heaven $4.7M
11% God's Not Dead 2 $4.1M
12% The Divergent Series: Allegiant $3.5M

Those are teeny tiny numbers though. Box office ain't big right now. It's April for godsakes.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2016, 02:42 Sepharo

This really won't be a problem for long. We're not going to be driving our cars within the decade.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
28. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 21:44 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 21:36:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 20:27:
Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:42:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 17:24:
Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 12:53:
That he put "gamers" in quotation marks means he's discussing a certain subset of gamers, and one anyone that's been in nearly any multiplayer game with voice capabilities knows.

No this is the same crap the gaming media did back during the height of the #gg crap. "We didn't mean all gamers just "gamers"." It's just as insulting and wrong.

"mexicans" are rapists
"muslims" are terrorists
"black people" are thieves

Don't call me a racist! Clearly some / a lot of people in those groups do act like that! That's why I put it in quotes.

The only way the quotes work like that is if you're criticizing the claim or people who make those claims, it's not the same if you're also one of the people making the claim.

Choosing a favorite hobby then committing very deeply to it isn't comparable to being born a race or religion.

That said, as mentioned, part of it is that these people believe they're the one true gamers.

Like every sect ever are the true believers.

edit: And yes it's comparable. Equivalent, no.
Besides what's being compared isn't the identification, it's the particular tactic of persecution. Stereotyping.

Yes, but again, it was said by gamers about a bad segment.

I mean, you're acting as if the jackasses on Xbox Live haven't been mocked here, specifically, for over a decade.

Yes as jackasses from Xbox live, not as gamers or "gamers".

26. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 20:27 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:42:
That he put "gamers" in quotation marks means he's discussing a certain subset of gamers, and one anyone that's been in nearly any multiplayer game with voice capabilities knows.

No this is the same crap the gaming media did back during the height of the #gg crap. "We didn't mean all gamers just "gamers"." It's just as insulting and wrong.

"mexicans" are rapists
"muslims" are terrorists

Don't call me a racist! Clearly some / a lot of people in those groups do act like that! That's why I put it in quotes.

The only way the quotes work like that is if you're criticizing the claim or people who make those claims, it's not the same if you're also one of the people making the claim.

Choosing a favorite hobby then committing very deeply to it isn't comparable to being born a race or religion.

That said, as mentioned, part of it is that these people believe they're the one true gamers.

Like every sect ever are the true believers.

edit: And yes it's comparable. Equivalent, no.
Besides what's being compared isn't the identification, it's the particular tactic of persecution. Stereotyping.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 20:25 Sepharo

BobBob wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:23:
Someone explain to me this. I have relatives living in Europe, by marriage, that seem compelled to send me articles on American politics. Yet, I could careless about what's happening in their country. Why do they care?

Why does the world care about who the leader of the most powerful/influential country in the world is? Is that your question?

24. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 18:40 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 18:25:

"mexicans" are rapists
"muslims" are terrorists

I think Tachikoma is criticising these people's claim that they are the true gamers, that they speak for all of us. Those who treat gaming like an exclusive club and who harass perceived threats to this club and who will only accept criticism of games from other club members - so only people who like games are allowed to dislike games.

If that's the case, I can see where he's coming from but it is at best a clumsy, unhelpful and inconsiderate description.

I don't get that feeling from his post at all.
But you're right that that was an argument made during the #gg crap but even then I felt like it was a straw man... Gamers are an inclusive group, you like and play games then you're a gamer. Some trolls harassed a woman, and then the media ran with the idea that "gamers are misogynists" that spawned #gamergate since people who weren't involved in the harassment at all were pissed, and it was only later that "gamers" came into play as a recalculation when the media realized they were insulting their own customers. People still wanted to be gamers, but the disconnected media wrote articles about how the term needed to go away, etc.

75. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 17:38 Sepharo

You're still missing the point of my comment there. I understand how the Jawas work, that's not the issue. The issue is that they happen to bring the droids to Anakin's son.

--

Have you only seen TFA once? There are so many things that you've missed and it really shows when you lay out small context clues and details from ANH that explain the story but can't do the same for TFA even though they're there. You needn't explain to me how the story works in ANH, my earlier bullet points on ANH were not to criticize it specifically but to criticize the manner in which you criticized TFA.

22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 17:24 Sepharo

"mexicans" are rapists
"muslims" are terrorists

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 19:57 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 19:34:
Redmask wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 17:05:
I defeated your childish shit in a single sentence, you're the one playing defense. My views tend to be a bit more nuanced and I don't try to force others to agree with me by painting them all with the same brush.

Complaining that people disagree with you is about 90% of your posts in these topics.

You never did explain why a man writing some of Feminist Frequency's tweets means their founder is 100% discredited, you just complained that this was questioned - "A defense for everything and for everything a defense, I shouldn't be surprised." was your response, yet "people just don't want to listen" was your complaint a couple of days ago. If you had any appreciation of nuance, you wouldn't have consistently misrepresented others views.

The dude he replied to said,"The only reason it`s expected is because "gamers" are a bunch of misogynistic, bigoted assholes."

I don't really care what Redmask has said in previous posts, he's right on calling out that crap here and now.

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 05:08 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 15:24:
Famed? So if 2 people have heard of you is that what qualifies as "famed" now?

All things outside the Cutterverse are unknown and unworthy.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 02:05 Sepharo

I only played for a few months at launch, so there wouldn't even be any difference for me. Guess I gotta go pick up cactus apples in durotar  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2016, 20:03 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 19:39:
Can one give me a quick list what a vanilla server would be?

WoW at launch right? pre-expansions.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
34. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 9, 2016, 19:45 Sepharo

Rockn-Roll wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 12:43:
2. This business plan is Identical to TF2 in every way

No, TF2 does not sell weapons* and maps.

*It sells weapon skin/model replacements.

71. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2016, 02:20 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 17:25:
- The Jawas capture R2 because they're established as extremely effective scavengers of the Jundland wastes. It's also established there are droid scanners.

You didn't address my actual point on this one. The cheap part is that they bring the droids to the Lars farm where Luke lives, not that they get captured.

7566 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo