Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8218 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Announced
8. Re: Resident Evil 2 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 20:29 Sepharo

This is one of those games that I never played myself but I must have watched 5+ full playthroughs at my friend's house.

Anyone know if they're keeping the various modes and unlocks?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overhauled Steam Chat Open Beta
5. Re: Overhauled Steam Chat Open Beta Jun 12, 2018, 19:42 Sepharo

Invisible mode will be nice as long as it works properly.
Sometimes I don't want my coworkers, who are also gaming friends, to know that I'm still playing games at 5am when I have a meeting at 10am.

I don't think any of them do that, spy on me and judge, but it'd be nice to know that I can hide if needed (and still communicate with non-coworkers if desired).

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
48. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 15:14 Sepharo

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:56:
No, what your doing is called projecting. [...]

You, your just being jerk because maybe you get off on it. I said "some of us", so you being gay and wanting to look at guy butts, shouldn't be offended.

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
22. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 17:13 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:53:
What the FUCK!? Tanks will have limited ammo in BFV? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No more blowing up everything all day long with a tank, without resupplying. Hopefully the resupplying mechanic for vehicles doesn't take all damned day long, aka grenade resupplying in most BF games.

*EDIT* In Grand Operations mode only, apparently. Phew.

It might have also been a squad unlock tank... which I have to imagine aren't meant to be a forever power-up.

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2018, 23:27 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 19:33:
I'd accept a term like Cyber-Athlete (e-athlete just doesn't roll off the tongue). I remember the debate about whether Nascar drivers could be considered athletes. I originally didn't think so but a study was once done where drivers were hooked up to some biometric monitoring devices and the data showed that during the course of the race a driver's body responded similarly to that of a track and field runner or an Olympic swimmer. Elevated heart rates, natural body responses to stress and exertion... the whole nine yards. It's pretty obvious, however, that esports players are not undergoing the same bodily responses. The action on screen may be intense and exciting, but whenever I'm watching an OWL stream and the camera switches to show the actual players instead of their in-game heroes they basically look dead or comatose.

I mostly agree with you, but after they win and they walk over to shake hands with the other team... you can definitely see the exhaustion at that moment. When they go to the end of each round, of each map, and then have to play a 5th tiebreaker map... That's a long time to be at the most intense level of competition in such a twitch game.

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
9. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 8, 2018, 01:30 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 23:48:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 21:26:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 20:41:
Sean Bean's doing video game trailer voice-overs now? Is that the only way he can get a gig without being inevitably killed off? Poor bastard.

He's been involved with video games for a long time afaik

edit: Oh I missed the part about "inevitably killed off"...
His first video game voice was the emperor in Oblivion... he dies before the tutorial is over lol

Patrick Stewart does the Emperor's voice in Oblivion. Sean Bay does the voice of his bastard son. Though he does die, it's not until all the way at the end. :)

Oh shit that's right

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
4. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 7, 2018, 21:26 Sepharo

NamecaF wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 20:41:
Sean Bean's doing video game trailer voice-overs now? Is that the only way he can get a gig without being inevitably killed off? Poor bastard.

He's been involved with video games for a long time afaik

edit: Oh I missed the part about "inevitably killed off"...
His first video game voice was the emperor in Oblivion... he dies before the tutorial is over lol

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2018, 23:13.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
45. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July Jun 7, 2018, 03:25 Sepharo

007Bistromath wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 02:20:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 02:16:
I can pretty much guarantee that Valve will ban any games that simulate or encourage rape, pedophilia, child molestation, etc.
That would definitely mean getting rid of GTA. You can be very bad to hookers in it.

I get the feeling you've never played GTA.

36. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 23:44 Sepharo

As we mentioned earlier, laws vary around the world, so we're going to need to handle this on a case-by-case basis. As a result, we will almost certainly continue to struggle with this one for a while. Our current thinking is that we're going to push developers to further disclose any potentially problematic content in their games during the submission process, and cease doing business with any of them that refuse to do so honestly. We'll still continue to perform technical evaluations of submissions, rejecting games that don't pass until their issues have been resolved.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Social Features
8. Re: Overwatch Adding Social Features Jun 6, 2018, 22:19 Sepharo

El Pit wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 15:09:
Facebookwatch! Finally we can spy on you to use your data to get even richer! Let us use your webcam to get to know you - and the filthy hole you call home in your mom's basement!

Whatever. People's data is all over the social media mining facilities, so why not Overwatch, too? Gamers usually don't care anyways.

Maybe read more than the headline next time.
This has nothing to do with personal information.

32. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 22:16 Sepharo

Never was a store browser, neither brick-and-mortar nor digital...
I find it to be a really bizarre way to purchase something.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2018, 23:38 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 20:32:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 19:38:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 18:47:
Raft is addictive. Be aware that if you anchor the raft and go explore an island, it may drift away. If you die, you can get back to it (not sure if you need a bed). Fun little game though.

Yeah I really liked Raft. You can build and discover pretty much everything within 4-5 hours or so, so if you're the type to get mad about that, buyer-beware. But Minecraft on a raft was pretty damn good and the game has a lot of polish for what it is.

That's a selling point to me, a lot of these games go for a pace that don't really interest me. How close to release quality would you say it is?

For what it is, it's damn near perfect. Not even a single minor bug in my time played.
But more content would be great, like frijoles said, there needs to be more danger... and I'd like to see a little more variety in things that can be explored.
But then again, it's a raft in the middle the ocean, I guess it's supposed to barren and boring
The constant stream of flotsam is already kind of strange but you need mats from somewhere right? The mechanic where you get sand, clay, and ores from the little islands definitely spices the game up as you decided your strategy to accomplish that. Took me a few tries to figure out how to do it properly / asap. I'd like to see more emergent puzzle solving like that.

News Comments > Battlefield V Details
14. Re: Battlefield V Details Jun 4, 2018, 23:31 Sepharo

Sounds very ambitious.
I hope they can pull it off without a whole new batch of awful bugs.
I'm not saying the product needs to be perfect, but I'd hate to see new annoying and persistent bugs because of their new cool ideas.

As far as the no more random bullets... I think you guys talking about a moving crosshair or laser accuracy are exaggerating the concept a bit. In my opinion the distinction they're making is between hardcoded recoil patterns (which some shooters have) and randomized recoil patterns. You're still going to end up with a mess of a spray, but that spray will be predictable and form the same pattern each time.

edit:
was thinking about it some more and when searching found this thread of siege dudes who hate it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/716jh8/static_recoil_patterns_do_not_belong_in_siege/

and this cs map that shows you the static recoil pattern and helps you train against it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WyYWI7-jQ

I could be wrong about BFV though, maybe they do have something else planned, but I figured this was it.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2018, 01:42.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2018, 19:38 Sepharo

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 18:47:
Raft is addictive. Be aware that if you anchor the raft and go explore an island, it may drift away. If you die, you can get back to it (not sure if you need a bed). Fun little game though.

Yeah I really liked Raft. You can build and discover pretty much everything within 4-5 hours or so, so if you're the type to get mad about that, buyer-beware. But Minecraft on a raft was pretty damn good and the game has a lot of polish for what it is.

News Comments > NetEase Buys Bungie Stake
1. Re: NetEase Buys Bungie Stake Jun 2, 2018, 00:34 Sepharo

New IP that's not Destiny sounds good... thanks NetEase  

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 00:27 Sepharo

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/active-shooter-removed-steam-1202824801/

The full Valve quote from Variety that the Mashable author mangled:
This developer and publisher is, in fact, a person calling himself Ata Berdiyev, who had previously been removed last fall when he was operating as ‘bcInteractive’ and ‘Elusive Team,'” Valve said. “Ata is a troll, with a history of customer abuse, publishing copyrighted material, and user review manipulation. His subsequent return under new business names was a fact that came to light as we investigated the controversy around his upcoming title. We are not going to do business with people who act like this towards our customers or Valve.
Valve added that a broader conversation about Steam’s content policies “is one that we’ll be addressing soon.

And for giggles how Mashable ordered it:

This developer and publisher is, in fact, a person calling himself Ata Berdiyev, who had previously been removed last fall when he was operating as ‘bcInteractive’ and ‘Elusive Team.’"
The statement went on to explain that Valve won't "do business with people who act like this toward our customers or Valve," adding — importantly — that the broader conversation is something "we'll be addressing soon."
The darker corners of Steam are flooded with content creators known as "asset flippers." These individuals build whatever they're working on using pre-made assets that have been stitched together, with little or no original work.

I know the point of the article is criticism of the garbage that's on Steam and that Valve essentially allows it to happen... but damn if he doesn't confuse our poor posters into thinking the school shooting game was removed for copyright infringement.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
49. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 04:16 Sepharo

MeanJim wrote on May 31, 2018, 22:34:
I didn't say you couldn't like or be a fan of Fallout 4 and the other Fallouts.
You kinda did
MeanJim wrote:
Fallout 4 fans aren't Fallout fans

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 31, 2018, 12:16 Sepharo

Let's be clear about one thing up front: There is no reasonable scenario where a video game about shooting up a high school is acceptable. None.

<close tab>

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
67. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 30, 2018, 23:08 Sepharo

Dev wrote on May 30, 2018, 22:40:
HoSpanky wrote on May 29, 2018, 12:47:
My favorite part of this is gonna be how Epic will just refuse to help Bluehole fix their shitty game code now. It’s even possible this somehow violates the TOS on the engine license, and they may find themselves with NO game to sell.
That would be hilarious

Nucas wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:53:
dubfanatic wrote on May 29, 2018, 14:32:
As for the desperation aspect, just take a look at their player count since January. That might explain a little bit.

wow, that's no joke, they're hemorrhaging players. wonder why? didn't fortnite BR launch back in autumn?
Because fortnite came out on mobile and started getting insanely popular. Like pokeman popular. Like teachers having to make rules about playing it popular. Like tons of girls are playing it popular. And doesn't hurt that it's free to play on PC. So fortnight is the new hotness right now. I heard it brought in $300 million in micro-transactions in ONE MONTH. Plus they do special events that get themes and are more than tiny changes, like that Thanos event from Marvel universe.

And PUBG is glacially slow on adding content, 3rd map has taken forever. Also not great on monetizing. Like the parachute skin, that's been done in fortnight for months, was just added to PUBG and they only bothered with a single skin. They also aren't doing great on making people want to get rankings and play more competitively, like battlepass on fortnight.

Edit:
Text for your Link
iOS only so far, they have yet to do android and will get a huge bump. They are going to put $100 million into prizes for tourneys, etc

This doesn't even touch on how big it's been for Amazon and Prime subscriptions via Twitch.
It's kind of amazing how the gaming industry can continually one up themselves with new ways of making lots of money.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit
65. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Lawsuit May 30, 2018, 16:18 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on May 30, 2018, 14:02:
Sepharo wrote on May 29, 2018, 21:50:
Kxmode wrote on May 29, 2018, 21:43:
Sepharo wrote on May 29, 2018, 20:30:
Kxmode wrote on May 29, 2018, 20:23:
So the idea that PUBG "invented" the BR genre is just poppycock.

This is the strawman that fuels the thread.

It's not a strawman argument because I'm not quoting anyone in this thread. I'm piggybacking off of Jim's comments in his video about BlueHole's perception that they invented the genre. (The exceedingly British "poppycock" should be a clue.)

Bluehole is not claiming to have invented the BR genre.
I don't care if it's you, Jim, or anyone else. It's a strawman.
A strawman being a "form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent."

That's your perception. I wasn't refuting or giving the impression of refuting anyone's comment in this thread. So you can stop insisting that it is.

You yourself are not important in the claim that "PUBG invented the BR genre" is a strawman. I'm not sure why you think that needs to be part of the equation.

8218 Comments. 411 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo