Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
13. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 23:47 Sepharo

headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 22:50:
Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:35:
headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:29:
What?! Disney have just demonstrated that they are idiots. Entertainment software is a huge growth sector. If they think they can't make shit-loads of money with it then they just aren't doing it right - the money is there even if they're blind to it.

Edit: Especially with the franchises that Disney owns that can be made into games.

That's kind of the whole point. They'd rather make the free money licensing than having to actually do work and take risk.

LucasFilm/LucasArts thought it was quite well to make games in-house. Contracting out to the proverbial "India call center" I don't believe is the best way to ensure the best quality and therefore longevity of their brand. They should hire in-house, and build up a branch of their operation that rivals their film branches today.

Contracting to the "India call center" ? I think you're looking at this the wrong way, it's more like allowing Valve/Blizzard/EA/Epic/Ubisoft to publish and develop the games instead of Disney. It's a good thing. Licensing still requires picking the right company, I don't think they'll be going with no-name "India call center" to make their Star Wars game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
5. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 21:35 Sepharo

headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:29:
What?! Disney have just demonstrated that they are idiots. Entertainment software is a huge growth sector. If they think they can't make shit-loads of money with it then they just aren't doing it right - the money is there even if they're blind to it.

Edit: Especially with the franchises that Disney owns that can be made into games.

That's kind of the whole point. They'd rather make the free money licensing than having to actually do work and take risk.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
3. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 10, 2016, 21:22 Sepharo

Sometimes complaining does work.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 20:06 Sepharo

Virtually always right.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 19:34 Sepharo

Red wrote on May 9, 2016, 19:18:
Beamer wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:19:
And, while ownership is nice, I felt that way about DVDs, and when I go back and watch them the quality is so terrible that I just end up paying the $3 or whatever to rent on Amazon.
I find that DVD quality is about on par with HD downloads from iTunes or HD streaming off NetFlix. Amazon Prime streaming is noticeably worse than all of those; it's my last resort for watching anything. Blu Ray is handily superior to anything I can [legally] download or stream online, but it is also by far the biggest hassle so I only have special favorites on Blu Ray.

I think you're overstating the quality of DVDs, have you watched one recently?
Amazon Prime and Netflix default streaming quality is way higher than a DVD.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 18:52 Sepharo

Don't bother.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
44. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 03:56 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on May 7, 2016, 03:40:
Yifes wrote on May 7, 2016, 00:53:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

Melee tanks, AOE shields, Pudge Hooks, Time Rewinds, Ultimates....why do you list those things like they are a good thing? MOBA/MMO abilities in an FPS sound like a terrible fucking idea, more rock-paper-scissor gameplay for people who can't shoot with a keyboard and mouse to save their lives. Team Fortress did just fine without them, as did TF2, and now this game (for which I had high hopes) comes along and suddenly there is the 6 player max limit, cramped maps, technicolor galore and people spamming their ultimates....So once again, the gameplay is devolved to who has the retard on the team to ruin the fucking fun for the rest of the team...Fuck that....Im deeply disappointed in Overwatch.

Accuracy is a important part of many characters in Overwatch. Not all characters though.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2016, 04:05.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
42. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 7, 2016, 00:54 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:13:
In between COD and BF, isn't there a decent shooter anywhere to be had?

CS:GO, Quake Live, Overwatch... maybe the new UT, it's free.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
40. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 20:41 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on May 6, 2016, 20:08:
The old guard who made games like BF1942 and BF2 are all gone from DICE, any dreams of a return to the good old days are pretty much hampered by the fact that consoles are the lead platform, specifically the xbox one in this case and that everything is being made extremely casual - look at what they did with Battlefront.

BF2 was a pretty buggy mess too. Some of the same issues still exist even today across multiple engine changes.

38. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:56 Sepharo

Undocumented Alien wrote on May 6, 2016, 19:43:
Played for about an hour or so, I wasn't expecting much but I found it to be fun. Played the Reaper character and Mercy and got into it. The classes definitely play and feel unique, so a LOT of replay-ability. It's definitely a blending of Team Fortress and UT'ish DM. I think $60 is to high for it personally, $40 would be more acceptable, so I'll have to think about it.

The base PC version is $39.99
The only extras you get with the $60 version is 6 cosmetic skins (skins are random loot drops anyway) and some Overwatch themed DLC for other Blizzard games. It's really not worth it unless you have to have some specific character skins and feel like paying $20 for them.

37. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:55 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on May 6, 2016, 19:22:
None of the ultimates are instant kills, except maybe Tracer's sticky bomb. All the rest can be countered or avoided. Reaper's is probably the only clearly overpowered one.

Nah even with Tracer's if you can catch the ultimate call or the bomb beep, Zenyatta can throw up his Transcendence and save everybody. Hers is harder to catch with that but Diva's nuke is pretty easy to intercept.

Basically with ultimates, some characters can be stopped before or while they're performing them, most can be avoided by taking cover (or with Hanzo stepping out of the way), and then whatever remains can be negated by Zenyatta's transcendence or a some kind of shield like Winston's dome or Reinhardt's shield (directional) or Zarya's bubbles (though they don't last long), Diva's defense matrix (directional).

Edit: Speaking of taking cover. I was able to take 0 damage from Diva's nuke bomb by crouching behind a car that was right next to it, so it is truly line of sight despite being a nuke.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2016, 20:03.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
25. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 19:03 Sepharo

You guys thought I was making a joke down there.  

News Comments > New Video Game Hall of Fame Inductees
2. Re: New Video Game Hall of Fame Inductees May 6, 2016, 00:20 Sepharo

Slick wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:56:
They're just getting to these games? Sonic the Hedgehog? Final Fantasy? Oregon fucking Trail???

How are these not already all in the hall of fame, if such a hall of fame already exists?

Because like almost any hall of fame they just induct a handful at a time and make a big event about it.

If they inducted all the worthy games right off the bat then they would either have to not have yearly events or start inducting essentially brand new games.

Edit: Also this particular hall of fame looks like it only started in 2015, this is only the second round of inductees (as blue pointed out ).

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2016, 23:09 Sepharo

Frijoles wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:00:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:18:
Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.

Are you saying their numbers are going to go down despite launching their first new game in 17 years? Or they're going to go down because people will leave Overwatch and everything else? What happens in the next 2 months?

No he's saying they're going to go down because they snubbed a pirate vanilla WoW server

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
45. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:43 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:21:
Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:45:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:38:
Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!

Weren't you just arguing the other day that this is the kind of post you don't make?

I don't recall that. Feel free to quote a post where I said that.

I guess you didn't argue against it after all, but somebody pointed it out.

44. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:37 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:29:
Esoteric wrote on May 5, 2016, 17:05:
Although I'm liking Battleborn quite a bit more, I think I'll have enough fun in OW to warrant picking it up for 40. OW is more polished than BB, but I find BB to be more fun and have more depth. Very different kind of games.

There's also Paragon from Epic in case OW and BB don't cut it.

And LawBreakers from cliffyb

News Comments > Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game
25. Re: Respawn Developing Star Wars Game May 5, 2016, 22:35 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:08:
Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 19:28:
RamataKahn wrote on May 5, 2016, 18:46:
Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 23:14:
Cutter wrote on May 4, 2016, 20:24:
Wth doesn't someone make a proper Star Wars CRPG both in isometric and 3D? I'd like to see the first dealing with the Thrawn trilogy and the latter done open ended like a TES game. Want to be a bounty hunter? Cool. Want to be a Jawa and scavenge for a living? Why the hell not?

Yeah I'd kill for a proper SP RPG like that. I remember how hyped I was for Galaxies to be that in MMO form. And for a few days it really was like I was Wookie smuggler and then it quickly turned to MMO crap.

Yeah, shame on that mmo for being an mmo!

wait wut?

The point was, I want a Star Wars RPG, but there wasn't one, so I had to settle with a MMORPG instead... but the MMO elements quickly became to obnoxious to look past. It's not necessarily a criticism of Galaxies but a criticism of MMOs in general which I'm not really a fan of.
I'm assuming that you played KOTOR 1 & 2.

Definitely. But that has set characters. It'd be nice for a true CRPG where you can pick your own race, professions, skills, etc.

37. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 19:34 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 5, 2016, 17:52:
A separate announcement today, they are pushing back "ranked play" to post-launch. Weak.

That is disappointing considering it was in the closed beta. I think I'm at level 16 right now so I had 9 more levels to go to unlock it anyway.

But honestly the matchmaking I'm getting with a group of good players is pretty excellent even without the competitive ladder. We're being put into games with other level 15-20 and these are some intense matches. Seeing other teams utilize new strategies and having to respond to those is fun as hell. I basically didn't see Zarya at all until sometime after level 10 and that bubble shield she puts on people is pretty effective. Just like anything in the game the first few times you see it you're like, "that's OP as hell!" but then you figure out some counter strategies and iterates from there.

News Comments > Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game
23. Re: Respawn Developing Star Wars Game May 5, 2016, 19:28 Sepharo

RamataKahn wrote on May 5, 2016, 18:46:
Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 23:14:
Cutter wrote on May 4, 2016, 20:24:
Wth doesn't someone make a proper Star Wars CRPG both in isometric and 3D? I'd like to see the first dealing with the Thrawn trilogy and the latter done open ended like a TES game. Want to be a bounty hunter? Cool. Want to be a Jawa and scavenge for a living? Why the hell not?

Yeah I'd kill for a proper SP RPG like that. I remember how hyped I was for Galaxies to be that in MMO form. And for a few days it really was like I was Wookie smuggler and then it quickly turned to MMO crap.

Yeah, shame on that mmo for being an mmo!

wait wut?

The point was, I want a Star Wars RPG, but there wasn't one, so I had to settle with a MMORPG instead... but the MMO elements quickly became to obnoxious to look past. It's not necessarily a criticism of Galaxies but a criticism of MMOs in general which I'm not really a fan of.

22. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 14:45 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:38:
Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!

Weren't you just arguing the other day that this is the kind of post you don't make?

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo