Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7597 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
19. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 05:41 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 05:13:
Looks pretty cool. And pretty too. Too bad the premise of the story is so awful that Im probably not going to play it simply because I can't stand such sorry world building. The "augmented" are segregated and a new apartheid reigns supreme? Sounds like hogwash to me. Think about it for a second. Only the rich would be able to afford such gadetry and technology if it were ever to appear, and only the rich would control it. Makes no sense that the "augmented" are the oppressed and the downtrodden. If there is one thing I can't stand in Sci-Fi its a faulty premise, and this one is broken-beyond-repair faulty...

It started that way, the rich / well-off having the augs, but then they became more affordable. And at the end of the last game the augs were hacked and everyone with them started experiencing hallucinations and going on violent rampages. So that why the non-augmented are segregating them now. Might be worth reading up on things before you declare them broke-beyond-repair faulty.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 02:21 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 01:35:
I seriously fail to see how Snapchat would be culpable in any form. wouldn't it make more sense for the passenger to use the app? I dunno. Common sense and breaking the law is apparently everyone else's fault EXCEPT the person doing it.

They are not solely culpable, obviously the fault primarily is with the driver, and she's being sued as well. But this is a textbook example of something that encourages reckless behavior and is unnecessary and most importantly takes very little effort to amend. The part that really seals it though is that this filter had been previously identified as being a problem.

I got this from some comments on the issue,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine[/
It's about landowners, but the concept applies just the same...

The landowner knows children are around who might trespass.
The landowner knows children will be at risk of injury if they trespass.
That children are too young to recognize the risk.
The landowner can fix the problem at a reasonable cost.
The landowner does nothing.

-Snapchat knows what this app will be used for... I mean it's specifically a filter that shows your current MPH. It's purpose it to brag about your speed.
-Snapchat knows that high speeds are dangerous, and that the app is likely to be used by someone while they're operating a vehicle at the same time.
-Snapchat can fix the problem at almost no cost.
-Snapchat didn't fix the problem, despite having it come up earlier.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 01:03 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 00:38:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 00:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:26:
An 18 year old is not a teen....

Is this a language thing?
Eighteen

It is definitely a language thing, until you wrote it I didn't even see the connection. Teaches me another aspect of the language though... does that mean that I can call anyone below 20 a "teen" (without denying them the status of adult?)?

A teenager would be anyone 13-19 inclusive.
By law, in the U.S. you're a "legal adult" at 18 but still a "teenager" or for short "teen".

In terms of general perception, I don't consider an 18 year old an adult... hell I might not consider many people in the first half of their twenties adults. I guess it depends on the circumstances though, if you have a career, a house, a child... Yeah you're an adult in more than just the legal sense even if you're just 19.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 01:08.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 00:04 Sepharo

Wait what...
Snapchat has a filter that allows users to record their speed of travel, and she wanted to see how fast she could go.
alleges that Snapchat was equally responsible for the cause of the crash because the company did not delete the miles per hour filter from the app after it was cited in similar accidents

Wow... that's a super clear case of negligence right there. It's not like snapchat's software is primarily a speedometer or auto app anyway. This filter both encourage phone usage while driving and reckless speeding. I hope that guy enjoys his millions and doesn't have to drive uber anymore.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 00:00 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:26:
An 18 year old is not a teen....

Is this a language thing?
Eighteen

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
6. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 20:55 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 20:49:
Also, it looks like there's no textures, just colored polygons, like all the Id engine games.

The hell are you talkin about?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Measles: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 13:44 Sepharo

By that irrefutable logic the best course of action would be to hermetically seal your child into a safe environment where no disease or disaster can reach them. Also they probably shouldn't be allowed to interact with any other individuals or animals because anything could happen.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 03:01 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 02:53:
Grats. Maybe you two could go to China for a second honeymoon? Or is China completely out of the question? :p

China?
Let me tell you about China.
CHINA!

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
22. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:18 Sepharo

Placid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:08:
I bet it gets cancelled in about 14 months.

Before that... it's not making it to $700K

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 16:02 Sepharo

subx wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 15:49:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 14:48:
Mom used to be an EMT, and she called them "murdercycles"

Donorcycles.

Blue: The style options seem to have gone walkabout, I'm lost without my retro colours

Make sure you still have your cookie going.

Underneath your reply "Remember Me" has to be checked.

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
30. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2016, 15:54 Sepharo

TFC was the earlier example I was thinking of when I made my post but I'm sure there were others.  

News Comments > The Long Journey Home Trailer
11. Re: The Long Journey Home Trailer Apr 24, 2016, 05:13 Sepharo

Was that some Lunar Lander gameplay in there?

Assuming it's not just the video, this game looks like it has some good presentation. Polish and narrative like that can go a long way around some simple solid game mechanics.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2016, 03:37 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 22:15:
Being from Minnesota.....I can officially say that I am anti Prince (and I "liked" his music). It has taken over this ridiculous state.......I am over him/it. Let us move on please. I don't need Prince on repeat on EVERYFUCKINGSTATIONANDCHANNEL.

If people cared 10% as much about important shit as they do this fuck.......world would be a better place.

But you're too young for Grumpy Old Man Syndrome!

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2016, 03:32 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 03:18:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 23:31:
descender wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 13:09:
Any PC FPS limited to 2 fucking weapons with loadouts is going to be compared to Halo... because that's basically all Halo brought to the MP FPS table. No other game did that. Better just get over that one too.

*ahem* Regenerating health?

yuppp

and I might be wrong, but was it the first to have a button for "throw grenade"?

a joke right ?

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 13:01 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 11:36:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:42:
I don't even take spiders outside. I need them to eat up the other guys. I get black ants around here when it starts to get warm. Don't need them laying down that scent trails and bringing in more, gotta stop them asap... Yeah I played too much SimAnt as kid.

As we move into the warm weather when they appear, I do a ring of a mix of cinnamon, used coffee grounds and diatomaceous earth around the house. It not only keeps them out, but sends them packing looking for better places to be.

It's an apartment complex unfortunately, but interesting tip.

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 01:58 Sepharo

You saw a roach carrying a VHS tape?
good god man
Do you live in Joe's apartment?

8. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 00:42 Sepharo

I don't even take spiders outside. I need them to eat up the other guys. I get black ants around here when it starts to get warm. Don't need them laying down that scent trails and bringing in more, gotta stop them asap... Yeah I played too much SimAnt as kid.  

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers
4. Re: Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers Apr 23, 2016, 00:28 Sepharo

Wetworks wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:05:
Battleborn also has a large co-op PvE side that Overwatch doesn't have complete with item farming and multiple difficulty modes.

That's the part I don't like
But to each their own, I get that a lot of people like mobs and bots.
Personally, I just need something with a brain on the other side.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 22, 2016, 23:57 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:33:
Overwatch Cups Now Available at Taco Bell - Collect All Fourů

Real deal, or Onion article? Is that a thing now, fast food tie-ins with games?

Maybe it's been a thing for a while, I never got to fast food places.

I feel like I haven't seen it in a while but it's been done before.

Hey, if you have the money, go all out.
They're trying to catch up to Valve's CS:GO and TF2 gun market in a hurry.
That's why you cancel an expensive MMO, because you can make a very polished team shooter with your very skilled employees for a fraction of the price and then put in that sweet sweet aesthetic market.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 22, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 09:54:
Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 00:13:
He says about 1900 times how horrifically they failed on Titan, but never actually explains a single word about WHY it failed. What about it was a failure?

In the past someone higher up basically said that nothing worked cohesively and that it simply wasn't fun. I'm sure there are detailed explanations as to why but it sounds like they were just trying to mishmash disparate game systems together and that it never worked out.

And that's specifically mentioned in this video. He says the problem was that all the separate teams didn't come together and actually got territorial working only to protect their piece of the game over others.

7597 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo