Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8050 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
12. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 11, 2018, 03:05 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 16:38:
Babbages -- wow, that caused flash backs. Apparently whatever was left of them was absorbed into GameStop along with Electronics Boutique.

Don't forget FuncoLand too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 10, 2018, 12:45 Sepharo

Players don't learn about the mechanics of safeties

They do though in the new gun range simulators.
This is kind of the sole point I think anyone talking about the new VR ranges has... It does teach you how to operate the gun, and more than just the safety too. But yeah aiming and firing is a whole different ballpark for now.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
38. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 20:06 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:43:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:24:
Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
[..] and moving to the Switch where they have a reasonable chance of their games not being buried under an avalanche of shit

Got news for ya, there's an avalanche of shit on the online Switch store too.

I wouldn't know and frankly that is not the point. I am reporting what more than one ex-PC game developer has publicly gone on record saying.

Well then they're mistaken, they're going to run into the same issue there.
It's not really a new problem to retail. Product placement is everything, and you have to pay the retailer for the preferential placement. Otherwise you're just one unit in a sea of units.

I was actually surprised at the amount of shit in the Switch store, it really resembles Steam and Google Play in that regard. Personally I never browse to find games but I was curious about what Nintendo's store was offering.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
34. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 19:24 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
[..] and moving to the Switch where they have a reasonable chance of their games not being buried under an avalanche of shit

Got news for ya, there's an avalanche of shit on the online Switch store too.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Mar 8, 2018, 19:53 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 19:19:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 18:24:
Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:15:
There are so many imcomprehensibly stupid assertions in this opinion piece that I literally don't have the time to address them all. Or even half of them. Thankfully most of this incredibly clueless writer's points are so idiotic that they hardly need rebuttals; anyone with the intellect above that of a small child and even a remote grasp on reality should be able to recognize the overall stupidity of what he is saying.

Yeah his suggestions for game mechanics are moronic.

As far as the general argument about "training". I disagree with the muscle memory and aiming stuff, but there is a bit of a point to the gun literacy one can learn in a VR simulator... but it's certainly not a reason to ban them. Knowledge/information should not be suppressed. This would be akin to banning flight simulators after 9/11.
Flight simulators are a perfect example of how you -can- train for something in a virtual environment. I picked up flying RC planes in literally 10 minutes, due to the thousand or so hours I had spent in sims. His specific claims may be mostly bogus, but there's a kernel of truth to the general idea.

We're saying the same things

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Ooh, I got one too! Mar 8, 2018, 18:24 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 13:15:
There are so many imcomprehensibly stupid assertions in this opinion piece that I literally don't have the time to address them all. Or even half of them. Thankfully most of this incredibly clueless writer's points are so idiotic that they hardly need rebuttals; anyone with the intellect above that of a small child and even a remote grasp on reality should be able to recognize the overall stupidity of what he is saying.

Yeah his suggestions for game mechanics are moronic.

As far as the general argument about "training". I disagree with the muscle memory and aiming stuff, but there is a bit of a point to the gun literacy one can learn in a VR simulator... but it's certainly not a reason to ban them. Knowledge/information should not be suppressed. This would be akin to banning flight simulators after 9/11.

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
20. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 18:18 Sepharo

Saboth wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 15:15:
Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:46:
Of course they did. I'm going to guess that Vicky Hartzler is also getting a ton of money from the NRA.

But we keep claiming we're a democracy. smh.

Clearly the gaming lobby needs to be spreading a lot more money around. That's what this is. It's Washington's way of telling them they want more money if the gaming industry wants to be left alone. 'Give us more money and we'll go back to blaming it on Satanists.'

Heh, Trump's going to start a bidding war between lobbyists. "Who can buy my support? Show me the money! Anything goes! I have no scruples!"

I'm pretty positive that's exactly what's going on.
That's why he called up all those gaming CEO's... "Come on over to the White House and let me know what you can do for me... if I don't like it I might come down hard on your industry."

News Comments > H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play
7. Re: H1Z1 Goes Free-to-Play Mar 8, 2018, 18:15 Sepharo

I haven't played H1Z1 since before the split.
Are you guys sure that's P2W? They sound like cosmetic weapon skins, I don't think you're spawning with those weapons and players who don't pay aren't... Not really sure how the loot works in this one.

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
21. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 22:52 Sepharo

I have to admit this has happened to the company I work for more than once.
But we typically ask our customers to provide their own certs to secure client - server communications so only the ones who use the default we ship with are affected.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 12:45 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:55:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:38:
The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

The update noted there (and the three snapshots at archive.org) predate your comment

Are you insinuating that I was lazy and kept the tab open for hours?

Nope because Blue also posted it post-updates and according to archive.org none of the updates included a title change. It had the same title as soon as it was published. The updates included more information in the article and a response from Facebook.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:47 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:38:
The site (CNBC) has a header beneath the headline where they list post and update date. That's what I meant

The update noted there (and the three snapshots at archive.org) predate your comment

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 04:27 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 04:24:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 03:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:11:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:01:
Bard wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 01:06:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

Fuck CNBC, they are a disgrace to journalism

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

Or, people can't read and/or are conspiracy theorists.

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

I am talking about the headline on the actual news site It was different from the text linked here and different from what it is now. But I guess without proof I might as well talk about fairies. ^^

I was more wondering about the "'updated' in the header after my comment"

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 7, 2018, 03:06 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 01:11:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:01:
Bard wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 01:06:
Wow that Facebook headline is such enormous bullshit that I wish I could burn down CNBC right about now for wasting my time with that clickbait crap.

I am starting to get really angry at news sites that pull complete inverse news like this, because that is literally the exact opposite of what facebook asked and with the spin they added it's even complete fake news. Read the actual poll from Facebook and realize what utter BS this news is. And they wonder why everyone sees fake news nowadays.

Fuck CNBC, they are a disgrace to journalism

All media has an Agenda that's easy to see when you pay attention - people just don't notice because aaaw puppies

Or, people can't read and/or are conspiracy theorists.

As others pointed out, the CNBC headline isn't incorrect. Especially the headline currently up, "Facebook survey asked if 'adult man' should be allowed to request 'sexual pictures' from 14-year-old," which is wholly accurate. But the one Blue quoted is still accurate - Facebook did release a survey that asked people if child-predator content is ok. It wasn't intentional, but it's what they did.

When I rant on a news piece and it says "updated" in the header after my comment then you can be sure I was referencing something they changed. I mean, seriously. I am not going on random rants for giggles. That original headline (when you clicked the link) was complete and utter fake news. Alas, no screenshot <-> no cake, so whatever.

What the butts are you talking about? Where does it say "updated" in the header(?) after your comment?
Beamer quoted the original headline (assuming Blue used and is still using that) and the new one from the article.

News Comments > White House Games Meeting Thursday
40. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 19:21 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 17:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:42:
It's like when they blamed games for training kids how to shoot real guns. There are a ton of videos on You Tube that disprove this theory. Shooting in games is very, very different from shooting in real life. Most of the people tested could not even get the firearm loaded correctly without help, let alone get it to a state where it could be fired by pulling the trigger.

There was an interview with a gun shop owner describing how CoD players would come in and check out the guns. They'd look down the scope and ask, "How do I make it zoom in?"

Yeah, game guns != real guns.

No doubt.
But I've never played a game that required me to load and ready the gun like this:
https://youtu.be/EgtSzSFEkis?t=457

News Comments > Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls
2. Re: Super Seducer - How to Talk to Girls Mar 6, 2018, 17:15 Sepharo

Dunkey made a video about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6R2Q7eRdg

38. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 16:29 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:07:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:51:
Realistic VR gun range where you need to pull the bolt, push the release, whatever the fuck you'd do with the real gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZssqtbeijiM

One of the rough CS-like games I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWXgrkmBEQ

Again, just watching that video makes me laugh. You'd have a better time watching you tube to learn how they work in real life. THis is like learning vascular surgery from that horrible surgery simulator.

Just letting you know that they exist since you said you had never seen them before. There they are.

37. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 16:28 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 16:04:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:50:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:01:
Yeah, it's pretty much a myth that anyone and everyone can get one at anytime they want.

No it's definitely not a myth. You can walk into a gun show in many states, like Ohio for example, and buy a gun with zero paperwork exchanged and that's legal.

Only if you are buying from a private citizen. Any registered FFL dealer must fill out a form 4473 and do a NICS check on any firearms transaction regardless of where it takes place or they are breaking federal law and will wind up in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Private citizen are not allowed to use the NICS system, even though we have been asking for decades. However, you are not supposed to sell to any person you know to be a prohibited buyer. How can I tell if you won't let me use NICS? I play the safe road. I only sell to people that have their concealed handgun permit in NC so that I can be sure they have passed a background check.

This is the so called "gunshow loophole" myth. It works the same at a gunshow or over the internet or in person. Gunshows are not immune to Federal Firearms Laws.

You can keep saying it's a "myth" but it doesn't change that I can walk into an Ohio gunshow and buy a gun without even showing so much as an ID.

You have of course tested this yourself and are speaking from first hand knowledge?

Yes I went to an Ohio gun show and saw sales take place on the floor (not in the parking lot) where no information was exchanged. If you just do a search for "ohio gun show laws" you'll see that it's common and advertised knowledge. Background checks are not required, licenses are not required, you can sell with no paperwork at an Ohio gun show.

31. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 15:53 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:50:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 14:01:
Yeah, it's pretty much a myth that anyone and everyone can get one at anytime they want.

No it's definitely not a myth. You can walk into a gun show in many states, like Ohio for example, and buy a gun with zero paperwork exchanged and that's legal.

Only if you are buying from a private citizen. Any registered FFL dealer must fill out a form 4473 and do a NICS check on any firearms transaction regardless of where it takes place or they are breaking federal law and will wind up in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Private citizen are not allowed to use the NICS system, even though we have been asking for decades. However, you are not supposed to sell to any person you know to be a prohibited buyer. How can I tell if you won't let me use NICS? I play the safe road. I only sell to people that have their concealed handgun permit in NC so that I can be sure they have passed a background check.

This is the so called "gunshow loophole" myth. It works the same at a gunshow or over the internet or in person. Gunshows are not immune to Federal Firearms Laws.

You can keep saying it's a "myth" but it doesn't change that I can walk into an Ohio gunshow and buy a gun without even showing so much as an ID.

30. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 15:51 Sepharo

Realistic VR gun range where you need to pull the bolt, push the release, whatever the fuck you'd do with the real gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZssqtbeijiM

One of the rough CS-like games I mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWXgrkmBEQ

28. Re: White House Games Meeting Thursday Mar 6, 2018, 15:47 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:42:
Avus wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 15:03:
This meeting is POTUS way to tell the game industries start spending $/bribing on their politicians like NRA/gun makers did for the last HUNDRED years... otherwise US gov will going to take away your "virtual guns"....

I actually saw an opinion piece from CNN yesterday about how the super realistic virtual reality shooters were training kids to be better killers and they should be dumbed down so that kids won't learn how to fire real guns from these games.

What I want to know is: Where can I get a hold of these awesome games? Because I have yet to see any VR games as realistic as he was claiming.

It's like when they blamed games for training kids how to shoot real guns. There are a ton of videos on You Tube that disprove this theory. Shooting in games is very, very different from shooting in real life. Most of the people tested could not even get the firearm loaded correctly without help, let alone get it to a state where it could be fired by pulling the trigger.

Some of the very first big VR games were simply ultra-realistic gun ranges. They're really barely a game, it's just a VR gun range where you need to have actual knowledge of how to load and fire the various guns. I've seen a few that took that same concept and built a Counter-Strike like MP game around them but they're pretty glitchy and the entertainment probably comes more from the wacky bugs then actual solid gameplay.

Also, I have no problem with those games, and I saw that ridiculous CNN article too. Dude suggested making virtual guns fire on a horizontal curve so the muscle memory couldn't be used for real life... it was full of dumb ideas.

8050 Comments. 403 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo