Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8112 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
14. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 15:39 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 13:31:
Steam's days as the king are about to come to an end. More and more publishers are going to just build their own (super shitty) storefront and digital distribution platform, and more and more games are just not going to be on Steam.

Valve will probably do nothing. They'll watch shit go downhill for five years, then sell to MS or something.

I don't particularly want to have 17 fucking launchers on my system, all of which need updates every other day, but such is life.

For now those launchers seem content to only host their own games.
Blizzard recently started offering other Activision games, but that's still within publisher.

So for now Steam still has a lock on the indies and everything else really.
Off the top of my head, there is GoG and GreenMan but Steam is still king and I don't see that going away for a long time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 23:46 Sepharo

"You may see that as nontrivial, but the European Convention on Human Rights found it to be a deplorable and hostile act against a minority religious group."

I think you meant "trivial". But I also don't see him treating it that way in his response.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
2. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 6, 2018, 23:06 Sepharo

I played Quake Champions through the launcher. Pretty uneventful but also forgettable. I didn't use any other features but it sure did launch the game.  

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
103. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 6, 2018, 18:48 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 18:29:
Prez wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 16:24:
Normally I'd agree with you Beamer - arguing what things are called is basically semantics most of the time. But when it comes to this topic specifically, an already contentious one for many people, what gets called what to be passed off as simple identifiers is important. Words like 'racism' and 'white privilege' are, in my opinion, very intentionally used as igniter words to evoke strong feelings. The problem is, these words often derail any chance of intelligeny discourse because of how they are intended to make non-minorities feel. Ashamed. Guilty. Possibly even partial perpetrators of the injustice. I know that I am none of these things, and the labels I take at face value. But as evidenced by how these discussions are always so contentious - here and pretty much everywhere else - what would noramlly be simple semantics becomes a huge sticking point that precludes civil discourse. I'm willing to bet that half of the people who tune you out and get mad and defensive are just tired of being (what they perceive to be anyway) lambasted for being born into a middle class white family (something they have no more control over than someone born into a lower class Hispanic or African American family). Yes there is indifference on the part of many, but I suspect the majority of people who get called privileged white dudes really do care about fixing the system that tends to bury the less fortunate under a mountain of disadvatages and the culture of beligerence adopted by minorities that breeds adversarial relationships with law enforcement, authority, and people more fortunate. But it's a complicated issue with many, many facets, and even us privileged middle class white guys have stressful, busy lives rife with problems that need to be managed. There's only so much energy and attention one has to go around, and most of it naturally gets dedicated to keeping ourselves afloat. Lack of action is not indicative of a lack of empathy.

Exactly.

Intelligent discourse stops the moment you call someone an ideologically charged term. Because when you as a minority challenge the status quo of the established majority ideology you are no longer a minority, you are an ideological enemy to the majority. And if you don't have a strong charismatic figurehead like Ghandi behind you, a person behind which any person of any color could rally, then you will lose that battle REALLY hard.

It's why in Europe as well as in the USA we see more and more radical viewpoints pushed into majority acceptance, the more minorities engage in hateful personal attacks instead of fundamental bi-partisan concepts the more the radical viewpoints gain dominance. The more Trumps we will have, and the less Ghandis.

What some people don't get is that for the majority these issues are entirely irrelevant to their lives. And those issues that are relevant to the majority were not catered to by the "other" party, otherwise Trump would not be where he is.

And for a German I can only say, please continue, it's been good entertainment so far ;p

It's not calling anyone anything. It's a concept, one backed by history and acknowledged by even the opponents of the concept in this thread.
Discussing "white privilege" is not an attack on an individual nor whites in general. The fact that people feel attacked when it is discussed and actually consider it racism against themselves is illustrative of the problem in the first place... and what lead to the coining of "white fragility". It's the anger and/or the "I'm being made to feel guilty" that people get when reminded of this idea. It's much of this thread.

Upon describing a situation where a black man is pulled over for speeding but then he is asked to exit the car and they search his vehicle, a white person might say, "Wow that's never happened to me for a simple speeding ticket... are you sure he wasn't doing something else wrong?" ... the other may respond, "Well, that's white privilege, you're not black, you haven't experienced being pulled over as a black man before." THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE WHITE PERSON OR HIS RACE ... it is simple recognition that much of our society treats minorities differently than it treats whites. It's something we're working on, it's something that has been getting better, it's something that appears in the news more often because of our progress on it. It is not 100%, it is not math, not every white person is racist, not every white person is fortunate, not ever minority is poor or a criminal or treated in a racist manner, there are areas in the United States where a national minority won't be a local minority, again it isn't math. It's simply acknowledgement that minorities in this country haven't had a fair shake (to put it very mildly) and it's something we should be working on...
And to bring it all back around, until recently, white males have been the defacto protagonist in video games, some fans and developers have been advocating (and implementing) diversity to rectify this, other fans have flipped their shit about this, some while trying to have it both ways, "I don't mind diversity, I just don't want to know it was a conscious decision on the part of the developer."

81. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 6, 2018, 05:44 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 05:33:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 04:30:
Quinn wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 04:20:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 22:12:
Quinn wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 16:47:
However, when I walk the street minding my own business, I will have a problem with someone walking up to me and screaming in my face how terrible it is.

How often would you say this happens to you?
For reference, it's never happened to me.

It's an analogy to what we talked about during the Ghostbusters discussion, Sepharo.

So not actual screaming or any confrontation in the street.
You're okay with diversity in protagonists just don't want to hear about it in any way.
And you understand that white privilege exists and you're fortunate, you just don't want to talk about it or be reminded of it.

I think Prez, DarkCtry and myself made our stance clear on the matter, man. No need to repeat.

White Privilege is just a divisive word with a racist connotation. I would like to coin the word Majority Privilege. You can be a minority in different ratios, be it in a country, state, neighborhood or workplace. If a white person works in a place where 92% of his colleagues are black, I can win money all day betting that this white guy can come up with anecdotal evidence for "Black Privilege". A white guy born and living in China may get asked if he's a tourist a lot. "If people don't automatically assume you're a tourist, that's Chinese Privilege."

We are pattern seeking animals. If something is outside the norm, we tend to react. That's why dumb idiots make minorities sometimes feel like minorities.

White Privilege. What you gonna do about it? People like myself understand life has a few bumps if you are a minority, tough shit. I am not going to self-flagellate because I am part of the majority, and I'm definitely not going to roll over when people bitch about my skin color to empower the skin color of others.

Nobody is asking for self flagellation that's one of the parts you're consistently confused about.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 6, 2018, 04:35 Sepharo

Microprose is dead to me!
How dare they!

79. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 6, 2018, 04:30 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 04:20:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 22:12:
However, when I walk the street minding my own business, I will have a problem with someone walking up to me and screaming in my face how terrible it is.

It's an analogy to what we talked about during the Ghostbusters discussion, Sepharo.

So not actual screaming or any confrontation in the street.
You're okay with diversity in protagonists just don't want to hear about it in any way.
And you understand that white privilege exists and you're fortunate, you just don't want to talk about it or be reminded of it.

77. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 5, 2018, 22:12 Sepharo

51. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 23:05 Sepharo

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 21:29:
I'd just kill for a game where political correctness wasn't shoved into my face. If a protagonist is white, blue, green, male, female, or neither, I don't care...I just want the game to be done in a way that makes it feel natural and not some pre-planned agenda.

What would constitute the shoving if it's not simple existence?
Does this require knowing developer intent from outside the game sources?

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
37. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 18:59 Sepharo

When I saw all them space men assembled it reminded me of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B488z1MmaA

49. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 17:02 Sepharo

Hey everyone please no more posts about the topic of off topic please get back on topic.

/unsubscribe

36. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 07:38 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 07:30:
I do wonder that if that image included instead the tweets from kxmode, and you had to comment on it, if that comment would have looked much different.

My comment would not have made sense. The whole point was to ridicule the particular selection. Clearly the author of the image found those ideas objectionable and that's a great example of... wait, I'm totally repeating the same post I've made 3 times now.
And it appears you may finally understand my point now, and maybe I'm not a "patronizing little bitch" "SJW" (search my post history for GamerGate btw).
So I'm going to bed. Good night. Don't let reminders-that-you-might-have-benefited-from-being-white-(in-comparison-with-not-being-white) bed bugs bite.

33. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 07:23 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 07:20:
If I disagree with the concept of white privilege, the burden of proof is on you to show me I am against it because I am white.

What? It's not because you're white. It's because you're you... you're the fragile guy. Not the white race as a whole.
Getting tired of explaining that.

I'm white. I know I'm privileged. My parents told me very frequently when I was a kid, they called it "fortunate" though. I was fortunate my parents were together. I was fortunate I had food on the table. I was fortunate I had a roof over my head. I was fortunate I was born without deformity. I was fortunate my school was pretty decent. I was fortunate I was in the United States. I'm fortunate that I'm white.
That I don't get asked if I have any warrants when I'm pulled over by the police. That I'm not looked upon with suspicion. That my appearance doesn't frighten others. That I was given college, car, and home loans. That I wasn't harassed at school. That I wasn't harassed for moving into my neighborhood. That my coworkers don't make little racial jokes in my presence. That in almost every game (until recently) my skin color was the default.

When someone brings that stuff up to me it doesn't make me mad. It makes a lot of sense. It's something society should improve upon.

31. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 07:20 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 07:16:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 06:54:
Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 06:22:
Slick wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:08:
Still, Quinn seemed to have gotten triggered pretty hard, with responses like that there's almost nowhere to start, you'd need a time machine to change his mind. You know, back before the gender-fluid person made eye contact with him back in 8th grade, he's felt unclean ever since.

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously, elaborate. What gives you the impression that I am whatever you think I am?

Sepharo made a bullshit post and he knows it. Just look at his latest replies and how he's crawling back with feints like "topic hopping" or whatever. He defended the subject of that image and called people who are against Manveer basically white crybabies. If he didn't know Manveer and kxmode confronted him with new information, that's alright. Just say so. However, that man is a racist. What if I criticized a movement like BLM with tweets of me drinking from a mug that says "Black Tears"? It's not that hard to figure out, unless you are among those idiots who think individual racism toward whites is impossible.

I see this happen in more communities. People who push back against white-hating people like Manveer are themselves becoming a target. I somehow antagonize people by pointing out racists against whites. People like you apparantly immediately think I am... something. I seriously have no idea what you meant with that gender-fluid quip. So again I repeat my request for you to elaborate.

You're genuinely confused about a lot of things. That's why I feel bad for you.

Like you can't even process the conversation happening if you think I "know" I "made a bullshit post" and am "crawling back".
I told kxmode I agree with the firing, that's been my position since the first time this dude's name appeared on our forum.
Does this look like crawling back to you? Read my posts closer maybe. There'a bunch of them and my position is steady.

Your insincerity is so obvious. I replied to this:

"This is what some white male gamer somewhere considers racism... the desire for more representation in video game characters.
God what a tough life."

This condescending straw-manning of (white) people who think Manveer is a racist idiot is what I reacted to. Where in the darkest corners of the dark web did you find the gamer that hates the concept of diversity in media? It's the "Fuck white people, bring in more diversity!" agenda that people like Manveer are strongfisting into media that people see for what it is. People aren't against Manveer because he wants diversity in his game, but because why he wants it.

Did you not view the image I was commenting on? It's literally a collage about diversity of the protagonist in games.
So yes, I find it funny/sad that someone spent the time making that particular collage. That's what I commented on.
I think it's a great example of white fragility. My position has not changed. I wasn't even making a comment on Manveer at the time.
Just literally the fact that someone found those particular tweets objectionable enough to make that not-low-effort image.

"People aren't against Manveer because he wants diversity in his game, but because why he wants it."

Why do think he wants it?

29. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 07:10 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 07:02:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:21:
Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 04:01:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:44:
Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:32:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:03:
That image is hilarious.
It deserves to be the centerpiece of the white fragility museum.
... somebody spent time making that

This is what some white male gamer somewhere considers racism... the desire for more representation in video game characters.
God what a tough life.

Jesus could you be more wrong. I'm happy hardly anyone shares your opinion and it directly shows how much of a SJW you yourself are.

What you don't seem to understand is that the majority of gamers don't give a fuck about diversity in their games -- they don't play games to be confronted by politically correct crap. And when I say they don't care I mean that they just don't think about it because -- and this might be hard for you to wrap your head around -- the majority aren't racist motherfuckers.

So when you have a racist pig like Manveer acting like we are, we don't like that. When this dude drinks from a mug with the words "White Tears" on it, we see it for what it is: racism. Don't be a patronizing little bitch when people like me show our disdain for racists like him. The hand you're playing is a weak one, and every single Blue's member with a critical thinking mind sees that.

The posts collected there are literally him talking about wanting lead characters who aren't white males.
The fact that you even phrase it as "not giving a fuck about diversity in their games" or "being confronted with politically correct crap" is indicative of the default white male world you live in and apparently can't see past. It's sad, I feel bad for you.
So much passion put into getting mad at others pointing out the status quo that is white privilege.

This isn't even something I comment on all that often but if you want to call me an SJW because I'm able to see that white is considered the default in games and, like this nobody who works at a game developer, wishes that was less of the case... damn, I guess I am one.
Who knew it took so little to earn the label.

No need to feel bad for me at all. I see you want to place me in a group of people that think whiteness is the default, by default. I am, however, fine with diversity. Black protagonist? No problem. Female protagonist? No problem. Nowhere did I claim otherwise. When I said I don't care, I explicitly added that I don't care jn the sense that I am totally OK with it.

Somehow you don't understand what this is actually about. This is about a man who wants to fight racist ghosts with racism. He obviously believes white people are racist by default and if that belief alone isn't racist, he also causes division by his tweets and photos of "white tears" mugs. That you cannot see how wrong his approach is, blows my mind.

"He obviously believes white people are racist by default"
This is a common misconception about white privilege. It doesn't mean that white people are all racist, it means that white people benefit indirectly, and less often directly, from a society where they are the "normal" and the minorities are the "other".

It appears that this dev tweeter isn't racist against white people but rather antagonistic to fragile white people. Just look at the way people blow up when it's suggested that they benefit from being white. It's plain as day obvious and yet it drives them crazy. They don't understand the bigger picture, they're historically illiterate, and no I'm not just talking about slavery and internment camps "that happened hundreds of years ago". I'm talking about systemic racism that was on the books 50 years ago and still reverberates throughout our society to this day.
But I'm sure this has all been explained to y'all dozens of times, that white privilege is not "but I personally didn't benefit, I had a rough life!" it's things you probably don't think about, experiences that you couldn't have had because you're white, that shit still exists today, (and for Prez) if not every day then every other day

But why get so upset that someone wants diversity in games if you're okay with diversity in games?
Why the mere mention of it make u so mad.
Is it okay if I drink your tears because I'm also white?

There is a lot to say about "white privilege", and you do not know my position on it even though you assume a lot. Again, that's not what my disagreement with you is about. When somebody thinks generalizing an entire race in a negative fashion is a good thing, that person is wrong and will be on the wrong side of history when this shit blows up. You implied that Manveer's demeanor toward an entire race was alright, and I pushed back on that.

Again, it was not to an entire race. You keep saying that but you fail to see the context of most of those posts. Do you think the tears he was joking about drinking were from toddlers? Do you think they were from someone who just lost a loved one? Someone who stubbed their toe? No, they're referring to those tears that are shed when someone is confronted with their white privilege. Much like your initial reply to me.

27. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 06:54 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 06:22:
Slick wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:08:
Still, Quinn seemed to have gotten triggered pretty hard, with responses like that there's almost nowhere to start, you'd need a time machine to change his mind. You know, back before the gender-fluid person made eye contact with him back in 8th grade, he's felt unclean ever since.

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously, elaborate. What gives you the impression that I am whatever you think I am?

Sepharo made a bullshit post and he knows it. Just look at his latest replies and how he's crawling back with feints like "topic hopping" or whatever. He defended the subject of that image and called people who are against Manveer basically white crybabies. If he didn't know Manveer and kxmode confronted him with new information, that's alright. Just say so. However, that man is a racist. What if I criticized a movement like BLM with tweets of me drinking from a mug that says "Black Tears"? It's not that hard to figure out, unless you are among those idiots who think individual racism toward whites is impossible.

I see this happen in more communities. People who push back against white-hating people like Manveer are themselves becoming a target. I somehow antagonize people by pointing out racists against whites. People like you apparantly immediately think I am... something. I seriously have no idea what you meant with that gender-fluid quip. So again I repeat my request for you to elaborate.

You're genuinely confused about a lot of things. That's why I feel bad for you.

Like you can't even process the conversation happening if you think I "know" I "made a bullshit post" and am "crawling back".
I told kxmode I agree with the firing, that's been my position since the first time this dude's name appeared on our forum.
Does this look like crawling back to you? Read my posts closer maybe. There'a bunch of them and my position is steady.

edit: Actually looking back on it now. I'm not entirely sure he was fired, but if he was I would have supported that. Just like I do for that other dev recently who was shit talking fans engaging with her. If you're going to post about work you have to keep it separate from incendiary shit like that. He'd be fine with the tweets in the collage that started me in this discussion, but the antagonistic stuff is beyond the pale.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2018, 07:07.

23. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:29 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:28:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:21:
It appears that this dev tweeter isn't racist against white people but rather antagonistic to fragile white people.

No! That is not antagonistic speech. Racism is binary. Nobody get a pass on those kinds of posts, and I would hold ANY person to the same standards regardless of target. The point is I am a video game consumer, and I sure am not going to buy a video game from a developer or a publisher who is totally okay with one or a few of their employees spouting racist remarks on a public forum like Twitter. There's no place for that kind of toxicity in business. Zero.

I agree with his firing. You're hopping off on to pet topics I've not engaged in at all.

21. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:23 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:16:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:06:
I know it wasn't the point you were trying to make, it was just a funny image is all. Like he has tons of other far more divisive tweets, yet that one was a collection of pretty mild exhortations for diversity among main characters.

Read the update I posted in my comment. What you saw was "mild" compared to the list of curated "stuff."

For the same reason, I don't own shares of Mutual Funds with big tobacco, I don't want to invest in a company that kills people. Likewise, I couldn't buy a game from a publisher who knowing supported a racist (against ANY race). I only bought MEA after Manveer was fired (or laid off, whichever is fine). And yes, I realize, his fingerprints are still on the game, but I waited to make a point.

And if you read my post that you have quoted here you'll see that I'm well aware of his other antagonistic posts.

But seriously, why collage those particular posts?

20. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:21 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 04:01:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:44:
Quinn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:32:
That image is hilarious.

This is what some white male gamer somewhere considers racism... the desire for more representation in video game characters.
God what a tough life.

Jesus could you be more wrong. I'm happy hardly anyone shares your opinion and it directly shows how much of a SJW you yourself are.

What you don't seem to understand is that the majority of gamers don't give a fuck about diversity in their games -- they don't play games to be confronted by politically correct crap. And when I say they don't care I mean that they just don't think about it because -- and this might be hard for you to wrap your head around -- the majority aren't racist motherfuckers.

So when you have a racist pig like Manveer acting like we are, we don't like that. When this dude drinks from a mug with the words "White Tears" on it, we see it for what it is: racism. Don't be a patronizing little bitch when people like me show our disdain for racists like him. The hand you're playing is a weak one, and every single Blue's member with a critical thinking mind sees that.

The posts collected there are literally him talking about wanting lead characters who aren't white males.
The fact that you even phrase it as "not giving a fuck about diversity in their games" or "being confronted with politically correct crap" is indicative of the default white male world you live in and apparently can't see past. It's sad, I feel bad for you.
So much passion put into getting mad at others pointing out the status quo that is white privilege.

This isn't even something I comment on all that often but if you want to call me an SJW because I'm able to see that white is considered the default in games and, like this nobody who works at a game developer, wishes that was less of the case... damn, I guess I am one.
Who knew it took so little to earn the label.

No need to feel bad for me at all. I see you want to place me in a group of people that think whiteness is the default, by default. I am, however, fine with diversity. Black protagonist? No problem. Female protagonist? No problem. Nowhere did I claim otherwise. When I said I don't care, I explicitly added that I don't care jn the sense that I am totally OK with it.

Somehow you don't understand what this is actually about. This is about a man who wants to fight racist ghosts with racism. He obviously believes white people are racist by default and if that belief alone isn't racist, he also causes division by his tweets and photos of "white tears" mugs. That you cannot see how wrong his approach is, blows my mind.

"He obviously believes white people are racist by default"
This is a common misconception about white privilege. It doesn't mean that white people are all racist, it means that white people benefit indirectly, and less often directly, from a society where they are the "normal" and the minorities are the "other".

It appears that this dev tweeter isn't racist against white people but rather antagonistic to fragile white people. Just look at the way people blow up when it's suggested that they benefit from being white. It's plain as day obvious and yet it drives them crazy. They don't understand the bigger picture, they're historically illiterate, and no I'm not just talking about slavery and internment camps "that happened hundreds of years ago". I'm talking about systemic racism that was on the books 50 years ago and still reverberates throughout our society to this day.
But I'm sure this has all been explained to y'all dozens of times, that white privilege is not "but I personally didn't benefit, I had a rough life!" it's things you probably don't think about, experiences that you couldn't have had because you're white, that shit still exists today, (and for Prez) if not every day then every other day

But why get so upset that someone wants diversity in games if you're okay with diversity in games?
Why the mere mention of it make u so mad.
Is it okay if I drink your tears because I'm also white?

17. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:06 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 04:53:
That image is hilarious.

God what a tough life.

That's a 50 DKP minus to comprehension. The image had nothing to do with that. It was specifically to show "how his bosses supported his noise." There's even red coloring on the image to make the point crystal clear.

I know it wasn't the point you were trying to make, it was just a funny image is all. Like he has tons of other far more divisive tweets, yet that one was a collection of pretty mild exhortations for diversity among main characters. It's like the other side of the coin of the SJW thing you guys cry about... someone actively going out of there way to oppose the call for diversity with the same amount of zealotry.

Quinn wants it both ways, he wants us to know that he doesn't mind diversity... HE JUST NEVER WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT IT.
That would drive him crazy you see...

8112 Comments. 406 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo