Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7966 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2018, 19:32 Sepharo

There was an update to CS gun mechanics?
That is / would be very surprising.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
6. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 12, 2018, 02:09 Sepharo

It's not some huge mystery...
It's the genre that's popular. 100 players on a large map single server where there's only 1 winner.
It's stuff kids dreamed about in the late 90s and 2000s when we were stuck in relatively low population arena shooters.
"Why can't there be a game that drops hundreds of us in the wilderness with a few guns and we just fight it out?"
Previously BF was the closest approximation but it was still largely a game built on game-like mechanics... Select a class, capture zones, hit a certain limit on the scoreboard...
Wilderness, looted weapons, and the only objective is to be the last alive, a clear winner. That's the stuff.
Survival mods and games were just the stepping stones until someone managed to get the netcode for a high pop, big map with loot, serviceable enough for a twitch shooter.
There still isn't a perfect BR, but they're getting there. I'm sure DICE will fuck it up somehow, and Blizzard's is years away I'm sure.

News Comments > Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews
18. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 18:14 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2018, 15:34:
Sorry, didn't mean for it to be contentious. I haven't discussed it much, at least that I remember, here. It was more I didn't want Cutter to have another thing to incorrectly dive into.

I was dreading the ACTUALLY 'splaining.
I trigger a bit when people tell me things I already know, but I suppose you're providing a service for anyone that doesn't
... I didn't call the guy a reviewer. Just wanted to point out that it wasn't a situation where the developer messed up and it was truly about someone unable to accomplish the basics. They originally uploaded the video as a laugh but then everyone freaked out about "how can he review it if he blah blah blah" ... oh god now I'm doing it!

15. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 13:24 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2018, 11:14:
Sepharo wrote on May 11, 2018, 11:03:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2018, 09:57:
Or simply not being able to play the game, like this infamous review for Cuphead, where the reviewer wasnt familiar with basic platformer mechanics. Or using a controller. Or both.

How is that not fair? A person shouldn't have to be an experienced gamer to try a game and understand how it works - at a basic level - inside of 10 minutes. Unless the devs definitely state that a controller is required and the game isn't suited to new gamers, it's fair criticism.

It doesn't always make sense to be contrarian... The guy he's talking about was stuck in the tutorial level that was literally teaching him how to play the game.

Unless the devs definitely state that a controller is required

And he's not saying "he wasn't using a controller" but rather, he didn't know how to use a controller.

It's an extreme example but there really are some folks who lack the most basic of basics, that's not the fault of the developer. The Cuphead tutorial was far more detailed than normal even.

The guy stuck in the tutorial wasn't a reviewer, and it wasn't a review. He was a tech guy at an event, and he recorded it. Honestly, I don't get why people cared so much. It was a preview from a guy who was there for different genres, posted in part because his colleagues found it amusing and in part because maybe people did want to see Cuphead, even if a guy that sucks at platforming was playing it.

Again, it wasn't a review, and never did the guy say "man, this game sucks, you made it too hard!"

Jesus yes we don't need to reiterate this entire non-scandal again. People definitely blew it up, I was replying to Cutter misunderstanding the example in his effort to never be wrong.

12. Re: Another Developer Banned for Fake Steam Reviews May 11, 2018, 11:03 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2018, 09:57:
Or simply not being able to play the game, like this infamous review for Cuphead, where the reviewer wasnt familiar with basic platformer mechanics. Or using a controller. Or both.

How is that not fair? A person shouldn't have to be an experienced gamer to try a game and understand how it works - at a basic level - inside of 10 minutes. Unless the devs definitely state that a controller is required and the game isn't suited to new gamers, it's fair criticism.

It doesn't always make sense to be contrarian... The guy he's talking about was stuck in the tutorial level that was literally teaching him how to play the game.

Unless the devs definitely state that a controller is required

And he's not saying "he wasn't using a controller" but rather, he didn't know how to use a controller.

It's an extreme example but there really are some folks who lack the most basic of basics, that's not the fault of the developer. The Cuphead tutorial was far more detailed than normal even.

News Comments > Paladins Officially Released
6. Re: Re: Paladins Officially Released May 11, 2018, 08:01 Sepharo

Only you're saying "active" ...  

News Comments > Paladins Officially Released
4. Re: Paladins Officially Released May 10, 2018, 19:12 Sepharo

"Join millions of players in CS"
"Oh my god this is a lie! There is no server that where you can play with millions of players simultaneously! The max is like 32!"

News Comments > PUBG Sanhok Testing
3. Re: PUBG Sanhok Testing May 10, 2018, 19:08 Sepharo

chickenboo wrote on May 10, 2018, 16:10:
Seems strange to me that games like this rely on public testing to release new maps. Normal procedure should be to do in-house testing and then release a completed map to the community, not build a map and then get community testing for it.

This is how everyone does it, including the kings of polish, Blizzard.
Never heard of a beta test before? That's what this is, they have a separate executable which runs a build of the game where they beta test new features, fixes, maps, whatever.

News Comments > Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile
6. Re: Steam Bringing Games and Streaming to Mobile May 10, 2018, 02:36 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on May 10, 2018, 01:16:
Valve never uses the word "mobile" in their announcement, I doubt phones or even tablets are the primary target here. It's more about eliminating the need for the discrete hardware that nobody was buying, since loads of people already have a smart TV or set-top box that they prefer to use for that sort of thing.

Smart TVs have had a streaming Steam app for a long time though.
This seems pretty specifically for "Android (phone, tablet, TV) and iOS-based (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV)".

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 9, 2018, 18:45 Sepharo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 9, 2018, 15:29:
What would you call me? Mainstream society.

Nah mainstream society doesn't get all worked up about this stuff to the same degree.
You and your ilk are definitely something special, the other side of the coin from the people you claim take it too far.

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
13. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 8, 2018, 14:55 Sepharo

Yifes wrote on May 8, 2018, 10:37:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 7, 2018, 19:47:
Children today are similarly influenced by government and media as they were in the USSR or Nazi Germany. Its really sad, but it explains the developments right now.

How many children nowadays actually listens to the government? How many teenagers do you think goes "Hey lets check out what the US government recommends on topics such a drugs, health, and sexuality, because their official position is totally cool and relevant to my life!" Yeahhh, bullshit.

And sure media always has a huge impact, but children today have access to a wide variety of media to consume. Sure there is Fox News, which is like the closest thing to an official propaganda mouthpiece of the government that we've ever had, but there are better alternatives. We are not censored and forced to only watch that kind of garbage. We are free to choose what we watch, and we are free to openly discuss what we disagree with, so your comparison to the USSR or Nazi Germany is utterly ridiculous and wrong.

Nah it's even more simple than that. Just the usual "kids these days" and "society is crumbling" lamentations that have been repeated for millennia.

News Comments > PUBG Codename: Savage Returns as Sanhok
3. Re: PUBG Codename: Savage Returns as Sanhok May 8, 2018, 14:50 Sepharo

MattyC wrote on May 8, 2018, 08:25:
Savage’s new name: Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok”). It’s grown on us quickly, and we hope all of you come to love it as much as we do!

I feel like I am either missing the joke or they are scraping the bottom of the barrel already because of Fortnight.

There's either a joke or they're scraping the bottom of the barrel?
Maybe it's neither... Maybe they're just giving the new map a name.

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
7. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 7, 2018, 20:59 Sepharo

Yeah this is all brand new.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 14:46 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2018, 13:30:
Sepharo wrote on May 7, 2018, 12:36:
Ozmodan wrote on May 7, 2018, 09:18:
funny how many of the pubg players eventually migrate to fortnite.

Seems like all the major streamers, except for ninja of course, have actually taken the opposite trajectory. They've returned to PUBG because encountering a skilled player in Fortnite is few and far between, it's boring for them. Personally I just couldn't get into the spam building which is basically required if you want to play at a high level.

Fortnite is also totally overrun with kids. PUBG is overrun with cheaters. Not sure which is worse.

The "overrun with cheaters" thing is so overstated. I play pretty frequently, and I watch people play even more frequently... I haven't run into cheaters for months (and even then it was just one guy I saw teleporting, and long before that one guy I saw speed hacking)... I've never seen a streamer encounter a hacker.
The other game that people complain about hackers all the time... CS, I've been playing for almost 19 years and have only seen a handful of cheaters. That's not to say they're not there... it's just not that common to encounter them.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 7, 2018, 12:36 Sepharo

Ozmodan wrote on May 7, 2018, 09:18:
funny how many of the pubg players eventually migrate to fortnite.

Seems like all the major streamers, except for ninja of course, have actually taken the opposite trajectory. They've returned to PUBG because encountering a skilled player in Fortnite is few and far between, it's boring for them. Personally I just couldn't get into the spam building which is basically required if you want to play at a high level.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 6, 2018, 22:38 Sepharo

spoiler
they lost to new york but it was pretty damn close though you wouldn't know it from the scoreboard

News Comments > Quake Champions Adding Bots and More Gore
6. Re: Quake Champions Adding Bots and More Gore May 6, 2018, 16:37 Sepharo

Armengar wrote on May 6, 2018, 14:29:
im sure you won't have any doubt who the bots are. they wont have the attitude of a 12 year old with a potty mouth.

Nobody talks in this game.

News Comments > Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed
6. Re: Steam Survey Win7 Error Fixed May 6, 2018, 04:03 Sepharo

I think we'll still see a uptick on all those same indicators because of increasing Chinese player count... just not to the same degree, since multiple accounts on the same machine.

It brings up the question if the Steam survey results are supposed to be reflective of all players hardware usage or physical machines stats. And I supposed they answered that with this fix... But now they can't say, for example, "20% of players use card B" because it's really "20% of machines that connect to steam use card B (and 30% of players use those machines)"

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
36. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 2, 2018, 14:08 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 2, 2018, 09:21:
Sepharo wrote on May 1, 2018, 23:00:
It's weird to call it fate or say it's forcing him... Both of his major connections were made by his own choice. He wished on a genie to tie Yennefer and his fates together, and he asked for Ciri as a payment for a high profile witcher job he did.

He himself keeps calling it Fate. He keeps saying that Ciri was fated to him. IIRC the whole act of him asking for the first thing the guy sees was something something of fate. Child of fate or something?

Oh I wasn't trying to say that's not a theme of the story. Just that it's funny because both times Geralt made the decision.

Like saying, "it's my fate to go over this waterfall" as you're climbing in a barrel at the river side.

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
31. Re: Get The Witcher Free May 1, 2018, 23:00 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 1, 2018, 12:48:
Sepharo wrote on May 1, 2018, 00:33:
But I'll add that the books are very much about the neutrality question as well. The Witchers want to be neutral but Geralt finds that he can't, because he has connections to non-witchers in the world and he doesn't want to lose those. That being said, he still finds ways to play both sides when necessary or when it suits him.

If anything, Fate forces Geralt to no longer be neutral, once Ciri comes into his life.

It's weird to call it fate or say it's forcing him... Both of his major connections were made by his own choice. He wished on a genie to tie Yennefer and his fates together, and he asked for Ciri as a payment for a high profile witcher job he did.

7966 Comments. 399 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo