Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8210 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 16, 2018, 19:15 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 02:22:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 20:53:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 10:51:
I saw that it's basically $80 for the actual full game.

I got nearly 3 full games for $60.
I don't even see an $80 price on there... is that for some other region market?

Link?

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-4

And in case that's specific to my region, here's a screenshot of what I see at that url

https://i.imgur.com/oHOvHt7.png

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 15, 2018, 20:53 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 10:51:
I saw that it's basically $80 for the actual full game.

I got nearly 3 full games for $60.
I don't even see an $80 price on there... is that for some other region market?

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Industries This Month
5. Re: Cities: Skylines Industries This Month Oct 12, 2018, 19:26 Sepharo

I still don't have any expansions for Skylines... and yet I still play it pretty frequently.
Still on my original city, I love to micromanage it.
It's a beautiful mess, and the design tells a thousand stories.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 15:46 Sepharo

Played about 10 games of Blackout last night.
Seems like there were many improvements over the beta, but if I had to name them right now I couldn't... The game just feels great.
Might try out regular MP and Zombies tonight but I'm really here for the BR.

Going to get my fill before the baddies start giving up or getting better... because for now I'm still encountering handfuls of easy kills on clueless people
It won't last long.

edit: Also watching the top streamers stay up late last night to play was pretty great. Everyone was geeked and having fun.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
10. Re: For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 14:03 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 04:49:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 04:18:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 01:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 19:58:
Is this game still a racist cesspool? Haha, just kidding, that's pretty much all online multiplayer games now.
Are they? What, because 12 year olds mimic their rapper heroes and call everyone a "nigga"?

More like edgelords specifically using the word to get attention and upset people.
It's people just screaming it, not actually having a conversation.
You've played online games before right?
You do realize youre confirming me, right?

I don't think so. It isn't used in rap just for racist shock attention.
They're not imitating rappers, they're imitating racists... well not so much imitation I guess.

News Comments > For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer
5. Re: For Honor Passes 15M Players; Offers New Marching Fire Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 04:18 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 01:12:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 19:58:
Is this game still a racist cesspool? Haha, just kidding, that's pretty much all online multiplayer games now.
Are they? What, because 12 year olds mimic their rapper heroes and call everyone a "nigga"?

More like edgelords specifically using the word to get attention and upset people.
It's people just screaming it, not actually having a conversation.
You've played online games before right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 16:34 Sepharo

I wish there were more places like this on the internet.

Thanks for 22 years Blue.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 22:24 Sepharo

bigspender wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 20:32:
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this gem I found on reddit: DAIKATANA 3 lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/9md2vn/daikatana_3_john_romeros_about_to_scratch_that/

Stole Genji's move set

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2018, 00:31 Sepharo

Dunno if that title fits the article.
Nor the picked out part about as easy as playing a guitar.
It's more of a general ramble about feel-good HR aspects to game development. And the guitar part seems to be about their new project that will allow players to easily create content.

The quotes and discussion give the impression it's going to be complaints about hard work or crunch time or something. Doesn't really touch on the idea.

News Comments > PUBG Rank System Beta Plans
3. Re: PUBG Rank System Beta Plans Oct 4, 2018, 17:30 Sepharo

It already had ranking boards since the beginning, this is a reformulation of the way it works.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 30, 2018, 21:17 Sepharo

I've looked and looked and can't find a source where he's said "never" specifically.
Does anyone have a link?

All I'm getting are summaries of this piece using the same headline.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2018, 04:47 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 20:40:
afka Rossini wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 17:17:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 16:06:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 15:06:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 14:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 13:21:
That wasn’t a “freak accident” at jack in the box. It was someone being stupid. I’m betting his family wasn’t excited about a headline reading “idiot driver gets killed by his poor choices”.
Probably, although I'd say "poor execution" instead of choices...

Considering the outcome I’d say the execution was pretty spot on.

On the bright side, we probably have this years Darwin Awards winner.

Not at all. Darwin Awards are for people who intentionally do something stupid and get killed in the process. This was just general negligence.
One way or the other, it's evolution in action.

By that rationale everything is evolution in action. Regardless, it's not what the Darwin Awards are about.

But everything is evolution in action.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Sep 26, 2018, 20:53 Sepharo

Hmm...
Maybe something from CS... maybe the silhouette logo they use but without the words... or an MP5 model (all I ever used in original CS).

The LucasArts logo is pretty hideous but just about all of the Adventure games they made we my favorites. Alternative in this category would maybe be purple tentacle.

Zenyatta from Overwatch would work pretty well as a tattoo.

News Comments > Anthem Alpha
13. Re: Anthem Alpha Sep 26, 2018, 18:41 Sepharo

These definitions of alpha and beta are written in the u.s. constitution AND the bible  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
34. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2018, 23:29 Sepharo

You say you're a "pure empiricist" but then make your arguments about intent...

edit: Damn didn't notice that RedEye basically said the same thing.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2018, 23:16 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2018, 15:36:
Yeah, I got reemed in the pool yesterday as well. I took a couple of what I knew were chances but the rest seemed all pretty much lock-ish IMO. Oh well, any given Sundday. How 'bout them Lions downing the Cheatriots quite handily? Grats to them. Seph, were you at the game?
It's funny seeing so many people writing Brady and the Pats off already. Yeah, because Bellicheat has never turned them around before. If it's post-season and they're not in it, you can write them off then and not before.

Can't believe the Redskins played so well yesterday either. I hope the fallout from the last calls on the last 2 weeks against Clay Matthews starts shaking up some stuff back towards common sense.

I was at the game
I had a really fun time at the game...
I did not go to work Monday.

Also I got my finger smashed in a tailgate at tailgate... well tailgate #2... post-game tailgate.
Lucky I still have it really, it kind of perfectly wedged its way into a little bit of open space I guess and I just ended up with some bad gashes instead of severed finger.
I need this finger to push W and S, among other things.

News Comments > Anthem Alpha
6. Re: Anthem Alpha Sep 25, 2018, 23:12 Sepharo

They don't mean anything more or less than what the business wants them to mean.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 19:47 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 19:01:
bigspender wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 02:55:
Definitely the best BR game so far. But that's not saying much. After the initial thrill of BR.... the whole concept is flawed. It's a shooter that encourages you not to shoot if you want to win. Hide and only shoot the last player or two. Otherwise you're ruining your odds. They need to give you a reason to take players out, which doesn't also massively disadvantage you since it gives you away. And each engagement lowers your odds of winning.

Not really, that's the beauty of BR you can play it how YOU want. You can play stealthy and just try and get the win, you can play aggressive and just go for high kills, or you can blend the two.

Usually people start out just trying to get the win at all costs, but as they get more experience they start playing more aggressive and putting in the effort to get high kill wins as there's more 'action' and the win feels much more rewarding when you put in effort.

Fortnite does reward you for killing people in the form of materials. People also usually carry various shields and health regen, so if you do get injured you aren't put at an a disadvantage.

COD gets this wrong though, as the only way to protect yourself from being killed in 1 second is to have armor, armor which you usually can't loot off the guy you just killed because you destroyed it during the fight. The netcode is also trash.

In both PUBG and Blackout you'll want kills throughout the game to refresh on ammo, health, and armor (and picking up a sniper if you didn't find one in the beginning). Ground looting should taper off to almost nothing in mid to late game.

In Blackout, it's rarer than in PUBG, but you can still loot armor off of bodies occasionally.
Though since it doesn't separate helmet and chest pieces (only lvl 3 armor in blackout includes headshot armor) there's slightly less strategy than PUBG armor meta. If you need a new helmet in pubg (especially important in late game) you might purposefully only take body shots on an enemy you see wearing a lvl 3 helmet. And if you're some kind of pro, and you're in need of body armor, you might avoid the body and only go for the head.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 18:51 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 14:30:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 04:05:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 24, 2018, 22:27:
meanwhile, DICE is doing an about face on their art direction of Battlefield V and making it look more like a WWII game an less like an alt-history Mad Max WWII game.

https://twitter.com/dan_mitre/status/1044360139048800256

No they are not doing an about face on anything. Do you even follow your own goddamn links?

I don't think they'll have prosthetic armed snipers and they're toning down on the blue man group face paint. These characters look much more WWII than the ones they initially showed.

What gives you the impression that they're removing the character that some loudly whined about?

News Comments > Overwatch Plans Include Torbjörn Rework
1. Re: Overwatch Plans Include Torbjörn Rework Sep 21, 2018, 18:58 Sepharo

Blue is a Torb guy eh?

But is he an... attack Torb? *shudder*

8210 Comments. 411 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo