Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 8, 2016, 13:04 Sepharo

The DNC servers, the state department, and various electronic voting systems were hacked... Not Clinton's email server.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 8, 2016, 01:14 Sepharo

Sounds like she's not going to need to steal it with all the Republicans changing their minds on Trump tonight.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 8, 2016, 01:06 Sepharo

Any more detail on the research in the PDF?

The left side is a passage from Deuteronomy and the right other passages from OT books? Are those books in chronological order? You can use them somehow to match up to dates?

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Oct 7, 2016, 20:58 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 20:57:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 20:50:
Hmm... Valve adding monetized sprays to CS:GO got buried here.
They gotta make money off this game somehow. Hopefully they can finally break even on development costs.

lol

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 7, 2016, 20:50 Sepharo

Hmm... Valve adding monetized sprays to CS:GO got buried here.

I know a lot of posters here will definitely want to pick up their pitchforks.

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
6. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 6, 2016, 20:03 Sepharo

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 19:58:
I did not like III, so it does not surprise me that the pc is an afterthought to them.

wat?

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
3. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 6, 2016, 20:01 Sepharo

I actually would have preferred if the game was more sandbox (less game content).
The resource management is what turned me off the game.
I just wanted to fly from planet to planet seeing the stuff the algos generated and maybe a few special things every now and then.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Oct 6, 2016, 13:44 Sepharo

Nothing you just said cleared up the contradictory things you've been saying.

You started this convo complaining that an exception wasn't being made and you ended it complaining that exceptions were being made. You don't see that?

And you continually seem to misunderstand that the refund policy has the possibility of an exception built right in... even when you're breaking it down:

It is inconsistent. Valve informs customers on their refund page, "if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours." The follow-up sentence, "if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look." This apparently means if someone tries to get a refund after playing for 70 hours for "bad performance” he or she might actually get a refund. That Valve DID issue refunds for those reasons with that many hours logged is the contention.

Those last 2 sentences there... You acknowledge that the policy says refunds can exist outside of the 2 hour rule as an exception. But then your next sentence oddly capitalizes "DID" as if it was surprising that some exceptions were made. I just don't get it.

But I do understand what seems to be your final point. You don't want any exceptions. That's fine, and like I said earlier, I probably agree. Things are more predictable without exceptions.

You did say "our" word mud. So yes it was partly about me. Smiley face or not, you characterized what I was saying as negative. This has been a long trend with you, a desire to end the convo by framing it this way. Though this was a much more minor example of it.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2016, 17:32 Sepharo

word miasma  

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2016, 17:14 Sepharo

This routine of "anyone questioning me is muddying up the forum / being mean" is getting really old man.

You said Valve had "ironclad refusal to honor refund requests" and then yourself linked to honored refund requests...

So you then switched to complaining that it was inconsistent with their refund policy. Whereupon I linked you the refund policy that says exceptions can be made... So it's really not inconsistent with the policy when the policy itself says such exceptions are possible.

But what I really don't understand, is how such exceptions can be seen as a negative by you. It's exactly what you want, is it not? An exception to be made for this game and for you (or those you're advocating for).

I don't mind that you disagree, you can have your opinion. But when someone challenges that opinion and the basis for it, such conversation is not off topic or harassment... and now to pull a page from your book, I don't appreciate my words being described as "word mud".

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 23:31 Sepharo

Occasional exceptions to a refund rule are bad if they don't evolve to become no longer exceptions but the standard. Got it.

It would have been better if Valve and CIG had not made exceptions and just stuck to their rules.

I'm actually going to agree.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 23:20 Sepharo

Yes I read the article. I've also read Valve's refund policy.

"It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look."

Too summarize, you're guaranteed a refund if it's made within 2 weeks and with less than 2 hours of play. You are not guaranteed a refund outside of that window, but it is possible.

You of all people should understand such exceptions made on a limited basis.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 21:43 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 20:51:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 20:40:
(regardless of time played)

No it's the same refund policy as any other game...

"within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime"

Why should No Man's Sky have a different Steam refund model than any other game on the service?

Because of this, this, this, and this. It led to enough confusion that Valve was forced to add a brief refund policy statement above the Add to Cart button on the NMS Steam page; AFAIK the only game on Steam to have this.

I thought you were saying that they weren't honoring refunds in any circumstances regardless of time played... which would seem to exclude the 2 hour window... which would not be true.

But yes, I know there was some confusion spread by those articles and that's why Valve had to put up the notice. I don't see this as Valve's fault.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 20:40 Sepharo

(regardless of time played)

No it's the same refund policy as any other game...

"within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime"

Why should No Man's Sky have a different Steam refund model than any other game on the service?

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
55. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Oct 4, 2016, 01:21 Sepharo

What the crap. There's no way I'm reading that.

You clearly called someone a liar because you misunderstood what they were saying.

Square

53. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Oct 3, 2016, 13:32 Sepharo

NasWulf wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 09:12:
I musta have misunderstood, as it seemed he was spouting more about games with troubled development history's never are released, with which they have.

But i feel my statment still holds merit when it comes to both his titles BC3000 and LoD. As both of those titles had/have troubled development cycles and both didn't deliver on thier promises. So, potato, potato.

No... that makes Derek right not you. No games that promised the moon, went way over schedule, ended up coming out while still delivering on their original promises.

Or I guess you two just agree now.

51. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Oct 3, 2016, 00:08 Sepharo

NasWulf wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 08:04:
dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:42:
Not one. Not a single one. Ever.

see this is the narcissist habitual liar you are .. hmm lets see, Duke Nuken Forever, Daikatana, Hell, even you're own game Battlecruiser 3000AD had a troubled development cycle (what 5 different publishers, 3 bankruptcies?) and that POS was still released .. So by your logic LoD wont ever come out of early access super secret beta? Oh that's right you moved on to LoD Tactics .. lol ... Fux Tard.

It was in response to this,
Personally I can't think of one that has been released and even came close to delivering on the original promise of the game.

So either you misunderstood (didn't read) or you think DNF, Daikatana, and BC3000 delivered on their original promises.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2016, 12:54 Sepharo

It's not too late to stockpile pastrami.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2016, 00:44 Sepharo

bigspender wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 20:03:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 13:18:
Retired wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 12:30:
Earth CO2 levels: Have we crossed a point of no return?

Don't need to be a scientist to say yes. Don't see many frogs anymore. Don't see salamanders (haven't seen one for probably 20 years). Killing off of forests. Plastic islands. Oil disasters that never get cleaned up.

I wonder just how many more generations we will go before some major diseases start wiping us out again. I don't think it is far off. In the US, all that has to happen is a cut in our food supply. We are an on demand, just in time food distribution country. More than 96% of the people in the US wouldn't last more than 2 weeks without a grocery store, fast food, or a restaurant.....

When you've lost Bats...

Especially with China and India continuing to build coal plants, we're well and truly fucked. (In balance, China builds a lot of wind, too)

We're moving in the right direction (less driving, less coal & oil usage, more solar and wind building out, etc.) but too slowly.

And that's only 1/2 the equation too - the other 50% or is methane from animal agriculture (which is about 15% of the emissions but, methane holds 25-70 times more heat, so it's calculated to roughly 50% of the warming effect).

That's why China is making it unpopular to eat meat - even hiring James Cameron and Arnie to do PSA: https://vimeo.com/169913909

I don't think it's too late, if we can get most of the world to eat sustainable food, and use green energy and transport over the next few decades and at least stop contributing to the problem, then we'll have a good chance of getting through it. Then of course we need some kind of population control.... Soylent green anyone?

Just saw an article that China is buying up the worlds supply of donkeys. Some African countries have started banning the trade altogether because lack of regulations is starting to cause problems with their local populations.

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
26. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 21:55 Sepharo

KS wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 14:25:

Member Westworld?

I member!

Member Yul Brynner's face ripping off?

I member!

Member when Half Life first came out, the intro animation?

I member! Too bad you didn't get to drive the spider Cat!

Oooh, the spider Cat!

I member!

Is this to be read in the voice of the member berries? lol

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo