Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7525 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2016, 19:44 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 13:40:
I think it has happened again, almost certain and it is one of my fav's here at Blues and probably is the reason why Blue's post Cliffski blogs. For commenter's to mistaken him for Cliffy B.

What?! No, you were the first one to do it in these comments. Dammit the whole thing is tainted now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
16. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 2, 2016, 20:24 Sepharo

I've found that games with lots of unlocks tend to release yearly installments anyway, so they're intended to die fast.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Beta Tease
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Tease Jul 2, 2016, 03:18 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 12:59:
I also think it looks like it's going to suffer from lack of variety of weapons to unlock.

/me virtually chokes the life out of you

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Fix Coming
6. Re: Overwatch Competitive Fix Coming Jul 2, 2016, 03:16 Sepharo

Nimh wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 15:06:
I'm out of the country for 3 weeks so I'm not even bothering until I return.. That said.. I've really become jaded against the Match Making algorithm they have been using in Quick Play. I feel like random teams would actually be fair in comparison to the bizarre team selection process they use.

Oh.. here's my team of level 40 thru 60 verse the enemy team of with 2 to 3 star players. I just really wonder how that's going to turn out??? Oh yeah.. we never made it to the first capture point. And then they have the balls to write some forum post about how they only want fair matches and have this detailed system to match people. **cough** full of shit. Furious

The profile levels don't matter.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jun 30, 2016, 21:05 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 20:55:
This isn't the first time 'Left4Dead3' has been spotted on Valve stuff, but considering the lengths they'd have to go to in keeping something like that secret, I would think they'd be more careful about what they're taking and publishing screenshots of... SO it's entirely possible it's just a cruel running joke.

It's more like every third installment at Valve is both being worked on and not worked on simultaneously. There's countless iterations of HL3, Portal 3, L4D3, TF3 out there that start and stop as the employees gain and lose interest in the project.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
35. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 20, 2016, 00:36 Sepharo

I don't think he was making an actual appraisal. Just a number big and absurd enough that nobody could possibly pass it up.*

*other than dave chappelle

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
7. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 19, 2016, 03:42 Sepharo

That's not like a rare spot or something. It's beatable. You can throw a zen 50% on it and it melts fast enough that shield breakage won't be so bad.  

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
2. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 18, 2016, 03:35 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:46:
To be honest first they should change that on some maps ALL approaches to those AI turrets are within 40m, and thus reward you with an unwinnable situation if coupled with a camping bastion

wat?

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
15. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 20:57 Sepharo

descender wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:58:
Why would you pay $60?
Why do people keep saying this?!
THE GAME IS ONLY $40!!

If you paid $60 for the console version (lol) or the extra fluff.... then you deserve to be out that extra $20 :p

It is pretty crazy how consistently that comes up. No matter how many corrections are made there are people who think it's $60. If they're buying the deluxe version and didn't actually mean to... well damn Blizzard deserves to be commended for that expert salesmanship.

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
28. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 16, 2016, 20:52 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 04:17:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 20:47:
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

I was #27 in the country for score per minute (admittedly from only playing zenyatta). Now I'm #52 though.

I'm playing with a neat mixture of people. I've got my core IRL friends but then also some of you guys from Blues and another group from another forum.
Half Elf is a great Lucio and Mordecai a kick ass D.Va

I just checked that site and I'm apparently the #30 d.va for score =)

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Mordecai-1331/heroes/22

Nice!
But you're the #14,736 for score per min

24. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 20:53 Sepharo

Asmodai wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 06:22:
Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:32:
Those 2 really needed some nerfing. McCree could oneshot tanks. Getting oneshotted by a sniper simply isn't remotely fun. Wtf could I've done to prevent that? Not show my face?

I'll enjoy a better balanced Overwatch once I've returned from my USA trip. Gonna be chillin' at family in Connecticut (East-Haddam) and Pennsylvania (Doylestown).

Part of the problem with Widowmaker is that headshot boxes extend beyond the head part of the model. Been demonstrated that you could hit a headshot with the player completely obscured by cover by aiming 10-15 cm's to the left or right of the head (or above in the open).

Not sure if they addressed that at all but /shrug, if you know widow is around you just try to be more careful about exposing yourself (and the big colour lines tend to give her position away quickly... ; )

I think you're confusing a couple of things here. The headshot box is fine... it is Hanzo (not Widowmaker) whose arrow projectiles have a larger than expected box... When the edge of that arrow box collides with the head hitbox it effectively makes it look like the head hitbox is larger than it should be. The videos online are showing this with the "10-15 cm" you're talking about.

23. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 20:47 Sepharo

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

I was #27 in the country for score per minute (admittedly from only playing zenyatta). Now I'm #52 though.

I'm playing with a neat mixture of people. I've got my core IRL friends but then also some of you guys from Blues and another group from another forum.
Half Elf is a great Lucio and Mordecai a kick ass D.Va

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
47. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 14, 2016, 03:01 Sepharo

Razumen wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 02:14:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:32:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:01:
Has everyone forgotten how down people were on New Doom and how amazing that turned out? Or how great Wolfenstein New Order was? I think they've earned at least at least a little good will to not declare it bad from a mere CG teaser.

Actually, it's Doom's single player that reviewers loved. The multiplayer was universally disliked. This new Quake is entirely multiplayer, so I think that people's concerns are valid. I think it might not be developed internally at id either from the post-show interview I saw, just like Doom's multi...

The multiplayer was not universally disliked, well, it was, but only by Quake diehards, which is like the minority of gamers these days.

Not just quake diehards but competitive deathmatchers in general.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2016, 20:17 Sepharo

Jeff Kaplan the game director / showrunner on Overwatch has said they don't use the 50/50 aid stuff that HoTS has. Of course there's a bunch of people out there who claim that he's lying but I guess if I'm presented with anecdotal fan evidence and the word of the game creator, I'm going with the game creator.

I've had ~60% win rate since the beginning.

re: widowmaker
You can lay down suppressing fire on her spot to make progress, but the best counter is simply a Reinhardt shield, that tends to be the need in nearly all situations where you aren't making progress past a specific choke. Other solutions are of course another sniper, a tracer warping behind her, a reaper warping behind her, maybe a genji climbing up to her snipe spot. I've never seen an unstoppable sniper, I've seen really good ones... but once the team gets sick of her and we stop ignoring her, she definitely gets countered.

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
41. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 20:08 Sepharo

I'm certainly interested but I'd be very surprised if they managed to surpass Overwatch in any measurement.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
31. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 8, 2016, 18:38 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 04:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 21:01:
theglaze wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 13:45:
FPS war games these days are too clean. Thy don't have grit or a hard edge, instead it's bright colours, pretty lights, and soft animations.

BF1 looks like it might go in the other direction, reintroducing the terror and ugliness of war.

The Battlefield games have ALWAYS had he best atmosphere and sounds. This could be great...

Are you a paid shill?

I dunno, while not as optimistic as this dude, I admire the setting/war that Dice chose for this iteration. The lower tech of the vehicles especially fits with BF's typically smallish maps. WW1 was unexpected, but is a natural fit if you think about it. Also, few have tackled it. It actually could be great.

That's how I feel about it, but at the same time I'm confident they'll fuck it up with bugs and excessive DLC/unlocks/XP etc.

News Comments > 100 Million Minecraft March
9. Re: 100 Million Minecraft March Jun 4, 2016, 17:24 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 22:10:
I still don't believe this.

You're never wrong so something shady is clearly afoot.

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 3, 2016, 03:20 Sepharo

Sepharo#1760  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
23. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 17:48 Sepharo

Titanfall 1 was great as a fast-paced high-mobility MP FPS with interesting mechanics (mechs (and their various modes), burn cards, wall-running, AI point fodder, etc)... but they killed it because they did nothing to foster a community. If you're going to go the matchmaking route instead of the private dedicated server route there needs to be a strong competitive aspect in its place and they didn't do that. Then that matchmaking went bad and it started to take way too long to get in a game, that started a death spiral because as less potential players were in the pool the problem got worse.  

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
12. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 02:59 Sepharo

I kind of agree with the guy. Last week's thread had someone calling the game "rambo with a black guy" and this thread has someone complaining that the lead isn't an "italian guy". It's not exactly tip-toeing. Maybe it's not as widespread as he seems to be implying but it's not like it's non-existent here either.  

7525 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo