Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8053 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 8, 2018, 21:03 Sepharo

I really like the crew on Overwatch League.
That whole operation puts other esport casting to shame really.
Hard to watch the various CS leagues after.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
19. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 8, 2018, 01:41 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 22:41:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 19:16:
Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 18:30:
Who are you to re-envision one of the greatest games of all time?
They hold the rights to the series, they CAN do it if they want to

I'm sure that rights-wise, someone could paint another Mona Lisa, or another Nightwatch. Doesn't mean they should.

If they want to re-envision it, they should make a new game. Not redo the first one.

Kind of a weird analogy since those paintings get reproduced/re-imagined all the time. They're just not popular.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Teases Sam Fisher Mission
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Teases Sam Fisher Mission Apr 7, 2018, 03:05 Sepharo

Just get me a real Splinter Cell game with a AAA engaging single player and I'll be happy.  

News Comments > Deckard Cain Coming to HotS to Stay Awhile and Talk
4. Re: Deckard Cain Coming to HotS to Stay Awhile and Talk Apr 5, 2018, 18:43 Sepharo

So Blue correctly predicted this a few hours before it came out...
or did he just want us to think he predicted it

News Comments > Valve Addresses Steam Machines
19. Re: Valve Addresses Steam Machines Apr 5, 2018, 02:30 Sepharo

gommerstrike wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 23:16:
chickenboo wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 18:50:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 18:12:
afka Rossini wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 12:33:
Make Half-Life 3 a SteamOS exclusive. Problem solved.
All it does these days is copy Blizzard, with games like Dota 2 and Artifact.

Isn't Dota 2 based on what was originally a mod for Warcraft 3? Didn't Valve hire the team behind that mod to create Dota 2? How then are they copying Blizzard?

As for Artifact, they hired the designer/creator of Magic The Gathering for this new game. So sure, they are making a card game, but there were computer-based card games before Hearthstone came along, and arguably they hired the granddaddy of card games to make this one. I'm not buying the Blizzard-copying angle here.

Personally I'm not waiting for HL3. I'll play it if it ever releases, but at this point expectations are so high (and gamers are so petty and hopelessly entitled) that the game would have to be literally the very best game ever conceived or it would be ripped to shreds by journalists, youtube, gamers, and fans. So I have little hope they're really working on it despite all the clamor for it.

I played through Black Mesa and HL2 recently. Black Mesa totally holds up and I loved every minute. HL2 though, while fun, doesn't hold up as well in my opinion: I had more fun playing Doom 2016.

Gabe can say it all he likes about the idea behind Artifact pre-dating Hearthstone, but well Gabe that's suuuure a long idea you had there. Heartstone was released March 11, 2014. So 4 years later, they have Artifact in development?

But hey. I'm sure it'll become a great card game. Just be advised that is likewise competing against the grand-daddy of all card games - Magic the Gathering: Arenas.

If you think 4 years of development is a long time for Valve, well then buddy you don't know Valve.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
40. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Apr 3, 2018, 18:09 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 13:56:
Are you so sure of that?

You clearly added people to ignore for telling you that NMS could never, ever pan out as it was showing. That it was worth waiting to buy it.

You say it wasn't clear to anyone that the game wasn't going to be what was being claimed. But that thread shows you're pretty much the only one this wasn't clear to. You ignored everyone and put your faith in something, even though there was zero evidence it was what you wanted it to be and everyone else called you out on it.

Fool you once, shame on you. But, man, there's such a history of this kind of thing for you, no?

I sometimes I wonder if he knows that we can go back in post history here.
The claim, "wasn't clear to anyone" is so easy to prove wrong.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
35. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Apr 3, 2018, 02:46 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 01:33:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 15:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 15:13:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 03:26:
Except, the game I purchased wasn't what he promised. I can't stress how important that is.
If you go by the rules most use here, do not pre-order or buy day one. In the first few days there was plenty of release red flags. As for you didn't get what was promised? Sucker born every minute right?
I'll go farther than that, I think it was pretty clear prior to the original release it wouldn't be everything Murray said it would be. A pre-order or first day purchase of this game should have been a "I'm going to risk it." or a "I don't care if it isn't all there." for anyone who was paying attention.

That's the thing. It wasn't clear to anyone.

Wat.

There were months of posts on this very forum before this game came out cautioning that it wouldn't be the next coming.
It took me a minute to find a post where someone specifically addresses you and tells you to cool your jets because it's going to be Star Citizen all over again and you dismissed them with some "I do my homework" routine.

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
18. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 21:31 Sepharo

Heltorne wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 20:57:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 18:25:
Just another scam to get people to sign up for Twitch prime. Just about as worthless a fee as you can find on the internet.

That doesn't make any sense at all since you don't have to sign up for Twitch prime. It's for anyone with an amazon prime account whether you have twitch prime or not.

Nothing negative can be mined from this, unless you're just really desperate, so what do think of it now?

Nah, unless there are alternate instructions somewhere else, you do have to have a twitch account and link it to your amazon prime account (which is what makes it a twitch prime account). But yes, it's all free assuming you already have amazon prime.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 19:32 Sepharo

Oh boy a facebook competitor!
How come nobody has ever tried that before?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2018, 04:45 Sepharo

Why not just explain what you're talking about instead of leaving us all in suspense.

Why is Nerdwriter an asshole?

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
2. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 30, 2018, 21:55 Sepharo

It's weird that he doesn't acknowledge that it's based on a video game.  

News Comments > PUBG Free Weapon Skin
12. Re: PUBG Free Weapon Skin Mar 30, 2018, 20:59 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 06:55:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 16:18:
Oh boy yeah, removing 10% of the loot will improve server performance 25% at least. That's hilarious.

Have you played the game? Its much more than 10% of the loot, though I pretty much used an arbitrary number.

Getting rid of it would certainly make for better gameplay even if it doesn't improve the performance at all. At least you wont be accidentaly picking up stupid jackets, pants and coats instead of that essential clip or weapon upgrade...

I play it pretty frequently.
10% or 50% removing it would have a negligible impact on server performance.
Make a custom game and find out for yourself.

News Comments > Overwatch Tease
9. Re: Overwatch Tease Mar 30, 2018, 13:31 Sepharo

Task wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 10:14:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 04:53:
The same comment 26 times over 2.5 years.

Who's the real bleating sheep here?

You've actually kept tabs?

It was pretty easy, just had to search his posts for "manga".

4. Re: Overwatch Tease Mar 30, 2018, 04:53 Sepharo

The same comment 26 times over 2.5 years.

Who's the real bleating sheep here?

1. Re: Overwatch Tease Mar 29, 2018, 22:28 Sepharo

Maybe we're finally going to get a Zenyatta cinema?  

News Comments > PixARK Early Access
4. Re: PixARK Early Access Mar 28, 2018, 16:49 Sepharo

Kind of ballsy incorporating the name of the game you're copying into your own name, no?

edit: Well that was a quick search...

Pixark is based on ARK: Survival Evolved, with permission from Studio Wilcard, keeping the core content of the game, but providing a greater freedom of creativity via individual cube destruction and placement.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2018, 16:43 Sepharo

Amazon has the best customer service I've ever dealt with online or brick. Kind of bizarre to hear someone say otherwise. When I call I don't have to tell them my account number or repeat my address or bullshit over and over again. They have my info ready to go as soon as they pick up the phone and they've been able to resolve my issue promptly and without sounding like they're reading a script. When there has been an issue that's their fault (and even sometimes when it's not) they credit my account with some sort of benefit, usually a gift card. I've received refunds on digital media where only I was at fault for misreading what it was... etc. etc.  

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Early Access
9. Re: PC Building Simulator Early Access Mar 28, 2018, 16:22 Sepharo

Won't be realistic unless 20% of the parts are defective and you have to triage post codes and then drive to the store to buy a replacement for what *might* be the problem but you won't know until you try.  

News Comments > PUBG Free Weapon Skin
10. Re: PUBG Free Weapon Skin Mar 28, 2018, 16:18 Sepharo

Oh boy yeah, removing 10% of the loot will improve server performance 25% at least. That's hilarious.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
49. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 21:32 Sepharo

The ACLU attempts to defend the civil liberties of all regardless of political or religious affiliation.

It's the reason you can find people from all walks of life who dislike them... They've defended both Nazis and Communists, religious and atheist, and so on... They've defended gun rights, they've defended the Westboro Baptist Church, they've defended Rush Limbaugh's right to privacy.

A certain majority religion feels that they've been opposed frequently and unfairly, but they've only been opposed when they've trampled on the liberties of another.

8053 Comments. 403 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo