Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7522 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 01:58 Sepharo

You saw a roach carrying a VHS tape?
good god man
Do you live in Joe's apartment?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 00:42 Sepharo

I don't even take spiders outside. I need them to eat up the other guys. I get black ants around here when it starts to get warm. Don't need them laying down that scent trails and bringing in more, gotta stop them asap... Yeah I played too much SimAnt as kid.  

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers
4. Re: Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers Apr 23, 2016, 00:28 Sepharo

Wetworks wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:05:
Battleborn also has a large co-op PvE side that Overwatch doesn't have complete with item farming and multiple difficulty modes.

That's the part I don't like
But to each their own, I get that a lot of people like mobs and bots.
Personally, I just need something with a brain on the other side.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 22, 2016, 23:57 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:33:
Overwatch Cups Now Available at Taco Bell - Collect All Fourů

Real deal, or Onion article? Is that a thing now, fast food tie-ins with games?

Maybe it's been a thing for a while, I never got to fast food places.

I feel like I haven't seen it in a while but it's been done before.

Hey, if you have the money, go all out.
They're trying to catch up to Valve's CS:GO and TF2 gun market in a hurry.
That's why you cancel an expensive MMO, because you can make a very polished team shooter with your very skilled employees for a fraction of the price and then put in that sweet sweet aesthetic market.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 22, 2016, 22:59 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 09:54:
Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 00:13:
He says about 1900 times how horrifically they failed on Titan, but never actually explains a single word about WHY it failed. What about it was a failure?

In the past someone higher up basically said that nothing worked cohesively and that it simply wasn't fun. I'm sure there are detailed explanations as to why but it sounds like they were just trying to mishmash disparate game systems together and that it never worked out.

And that's specifically mentioned in this video. He says the problem was that all the separate teams didn't come together and actually got territorial working only to protect their piece of the game over others.

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
2. Re: DOOM PC Support Details Apr 22, 2016, 21:23 Sepharo

Probably would have been useful to have some of this complicated technical stuff in the beta test... you know, so it could be beta tested.  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Alpha Signups
7. Re: Lawbreakers Alpha Signups Apr 22, 2016, 05:38 Sepharo

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 05:24:
PCgamer posted a full match on youtube yesterday. Here is it if anyone interested
There's also a Q&A with the devs here

That second link is for the wrong game, no?

News Comments > Lawbreakers Alpha Signups
5. Re: Lawbreakers Alpha Signups Apr 22, 2016, 03:07 Sepharo

Too much flying for my tastes I think, but other than that it does look nice.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
60. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 23:09 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 23:05:
It's not about who is right/wrong or having the last word

Like I said, you misunderstood.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 22:12 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:34:
Let it go.

I think you misunderstood my post or interest in the matter.
Also, "let it go" followed by a continuation of the topic is just plain weird. Reminds me of "CALM DOWN!!!"

43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 19:15 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 19:09:
Not sure if this has been up, but JASON BOURNE trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4gJsKZvqE4

Aw yeah, Damon is back!

Nice.
I always love the bureaucrat pantshitting scene when he appears on camera.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 18:57 Sepharo

1badmf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 18:54:
aww man i love a good flaming tennis match. wonder who won.

Cutter got called out for disliking Harriet Tubman on the $20 and then did his "I'm always right" routine.
Pretty uneventful really.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 18:38 Sepharo

We need to band together and agree not to report anything  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 17:47 Sepharo

Wish Blue would leave that stuff up.
Why do him a service by scrubbing the internet of his childish rants? Leave that up so everyone can see the type of person he is.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 16:01 Sepharo

KS wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:22:
I would also like to see some scientists so honored in the future, too.

There is precedence...

Alexander Bell and Samuel Morse
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/US-%242-SC-1896-Fr.247.jpg

Though I suppose they're more inventors than scientists specifically, but close enough.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2016, 13:44 Sepharo

descender wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:17:
Those streaming websites are the quickest way to pick up some malware, that's for sure. I've never had much luck finding one that streams in HD for more than a week or so before getting shut down. There are plenty of fuzzy SD options out there.

Sports streaming rules will be changing drastically over the next few years. MLB is already starting to back down on local blackouts.

I didn't mean the sites. The direct feeds. They're only good for the game specified.

3. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2016, 01:32 Sepharo

Pratt seems really out of place...
And yet I'll probably watch it because of him.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2016, 19:20 Sepharo

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 16:00:
Unfortunately, people abuse "depression" more than people abuse the word "rape", and have made it something no one cares about because everyone claims to have it. I personally don't understand it, but I imagine it's like the days I just can't bother to give a shit, but the part 10 minutes later where I realize I have to nut up and be an adult never happens.

Some days I wonder if all these depressed people were coddled through their 'teens by their parents, and when reality was finally allowed to come knocking, they're terrified to answer.

You're nearly doing the same thing as him here. You don't see that?

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2016, 17:22 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 09:43:
I was all set to cut the cord last year and than a glaring coverage hole appeared in a genre of TV that I am watching 50% of the time the TV is on....sports. I live in an area where using a HD antennae to get the local channels with the major networks won't work. The reception is horrible. I can't believe I am saying this, but the best deal for me if I were to cut the cord would be to get Playstation Vue and pair it up with Netflix and Prime. Maybe Hulu as well, I am not sure. Vue is the only solution that seems to get me access to the local stations with my local sports teams.

The problem with all of that is this all becomes more expensive and 10x more complicated than having Comcast do both my TV and my Internet. Not having access to the sporting events I want to watch, and specifically the local sporting events most commonly shown on the local broadcast channels, is a deal breaker for me. I have to be able to watch the Warriors, Raiders, 49ers, Earthquakes, Bears, Cardinals, etc etc. It is literally 50% of the reason I own a TV. Any solution that doesn't guarantee me the same access I get with Comcast isn't really worth it, even if it's cheaper. Even free TV without sports doesn't mean anything to me.

Reddit will get you HD sports streams that are even better quality than what comes directly from the Cable and Satellite companies. Not sure how it's possible but it's true.

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
31. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 20, 2016, 03:48 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 01:03:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 18:11:
I'd like to present you with this week's Most Confusing Reply Award.

Dude said nothing about DRM, and even if he had, your contention that DRM means a game "is essentially F2P" is nonsensical.

No it isn't, if a game is locked down to a back end server and you don't control it, you don't really control the game, you don't have the game in your hands, one part of the game that is needed for the game to work is taken hostage on the other side of the internet.

A game is just software, f2p games are a category label for just software that is broken into two pieces. Overwatch is a piece of software that is broken into two pieces.

They are the same in terms of the game code being split. To put it in words your little brain will understand: Imagine getting a console game where there are two DVD's but one is missing because the corporations didn't give you the whole game, they kept one DVD to themselves to make sure they control the game and the game code and you need to use your dvd and the login screen to login to their server to access the other parts of the game code.

So no you didn't "buy the game", because you and most gamers are computer illiterate. You bought a game that isn't yours and doesn't run entirely on your computer. You did something stupid.

My little brain understands fully. You're conflating DRM with F2P. You're not letting applicability get in the way of your rant.

7522 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo