Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7638 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Details
2. Re: Overwatch Competitive Details Jun 18, 2016, 03:35 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 22:46:
To be honest first they should change that on some maps ALL approaches to those AI turrets are within 40m, and thus reward you with an unwinnable situation if coupled with a camping bastion

wat?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
15. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 16, 2016, 20:57 Sepharo

descender wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:58:
Why would you pay $60?
Why do people keep saying this?!
THE GAME IS ONLY $40!!

If you paid $60 for the console version (lol) or the extra fluff.... then you deserve to be out that extra $20 :p

It is pretty crazy how consistently that comes up. No matter how many corrections are made there are people who think it's $60. If they're buying the deluxe version and didn't actually mean to... well damn Blizzard deserves to be commended for that expert salesmanship.

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
28. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 16, 2016, 20:52 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 04:17:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 20:47:
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

I was #27 in the country for score per minute (admittedly from only playing zenyatta). Now I'm #52 though.

I'm playing with a neat mixture of people. I've got my core IRL friends but then also some of you guys from Blues and another group from another forum.
Half Elf is a great Lucio and Mordecai a kick ass D.Va

I just checked that site and I'm apparently the #30 d.va for score =)

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Mordecai-1331/heroes/22

Nice!
But you're the #14,736 for score per min

24. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 20:53 Sepharo

Asmodai wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 06:22:
Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:32:
Those 2 really needed some nerfing. McCree could oneshot tanks. Getting oneshotted by a sniper simply isn't remotely fun. Wtf could I've done to prevent that? Not show my face?

I'll enjoy a better balanced Overwatch once I've returned from my USA trip. Gonna be chillin' at family in Connecticut (East-Haddam) and Pennsylvania (Doylestown).

Part of the problem with Widowmaker is that headshot boxes extend beyond the head part of the model. Been demonstrated that you could hit a headshot with the player completely obscured by cover by aiming 10-15 cm's to the left or right of the head (or above in the open).

Not sure if they addressed that at all but /shrug, if you know widow is around you just try to be more careful about exposing yourself (and the big colour lines tend to give her position away quickly... ; )

I think you're confusing a couple of things here. The headshot box is fine... it is Hanzo (not Widowmaker) whose arrow projectiles have a larger than expected box... When the edge of that arrow box collides with the head hitbox it effectively makes it look like the head hitbox is larger than it should be. The videos online are showing this with the "10-15 cm" you're talking about.

23. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 20:47 Sepharo

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

I was #27 in the country for score per minute (admittedly from only playing zenyatta). Now I'm #52 though.

I'm playing with a neat mixture of people. I've got my core IRL friends but then also some of you guys from Blues and another group from another forum.
Half Elf is a great Lucio and Mordecai a kick ass D.Va

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
47. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 14, 2016, 03:01 Sepharo

Razumen wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 02:14:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:32:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:01:
Has everyone forgotten how down people were on New Doom and how amazing that turned out? Or how great Wolfenstein New Order was? I think they've earned at least at least a little good will to not declare it bad from a mere CG teaser.

Actually, it's Doom's single player that reviewers loved. The multiplayer was universally disliked. This new Quake is entirely multiplayer, so I think that people's concerns are valid. I think it might not be developed internally at id either from the post-show interview I saw, just like Doom's multi...

The multiplayer was not universally disliked, well, it was, but only by Quake diehards, which is like the minority of gamers these days.

Not just quake diehards but competitive deathmatchers in general.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2016, 20:17 Sepharo

Jeff Kaplan the game director / showrunner on Overwatch has said they don't use the 50/50 aid stuff that HoTS has. Of course there's a bunch of people out there who claim that he's lying but I guess if I'm presented with anecdotal fan evidence and the word of the game creator, I'm going with the game creator.

I've had ~60% win rate since the beginning.

re: widowmaker
You can lay down suppressing fire on her spot to make progress, but the best counter is simply a Reinhardt shield, that tends to be the need in nearly all situations where you aren't making progress past a specific choke. Other solutions are of course another sniper, a tracer warping behind her, a reaper warping behind her, maybe a genji climbing up to her snipe spot. I've never seen an unstoppable sniper, I've seen really good ones... but once the team gets sick of her and we stop ignoring her, she definitely gets countered.

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
41. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 20:08 Sepharo

I'm certainly interested but I'd be very surprised if they managed to surpass Overwatch in any measurement.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer
31. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer Jun 8, 2016, 18:38 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 04:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 21:01:
theglaze wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 13:45:
FPS war games these days are too clean. Thy don't have grit or a hard edge, instead it's bright colours, pretty lights, and soft animations.

BF1 looks like it might go in the other direction, reintroducing the terror and ugliness of war.

The Battlefield games have ALWAYS had he best atmosphere and sounds. This could be great...

Are you a paid shill?

I dunno, while not as optimistic as this dude, I admire the setting/war that Dice chose for this iteration. The lower tech of the vehicles especially fits with BF's typically smallish maps. WW1 was unexpected, but is a natural fit if you think about it. Also, few have tackled it. It actually could be great.

That's how I feel about it, but at the same time I'm confident they'll fuck it up with bugs and excessive DLC/unlocks/XP etc.

News Comments > 100 Million Minecraft March
9. Re: 100 Million Minecraft March Jun 4, 2016, 17:24 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 22:10:
I still don't believe this.

You're never wrong so something shady is clearly afoot.

News Comments > 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
16. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 3, 2016, 03:20 Sepharo

Sepharo#1760  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
23. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 17:48 Sepharo

Titanfall 1 was great as a fast-paced high-mobility MP FPS with interesting mechanics (mechs (and their various modes), burn cards, wall-running, AI point fodder, etc)... but they killed it because they did nothing to foster a community. If you're going to go the matchmaking route instead of the private dedicated server route there needs to be a strong competitive aspect in its place and they didn't do that. Then that matchmaking went bad and it started to take way too long to get in a game, that started a death spiral because as less potential players were in the pool the problem got worse.  

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
12. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 02:59 Sepharo

I kind of agree with the guy. Last week's thread had someone calling the game "rambo with a black guy" and this thread has someone complaining that the lead isn't an "italian guy". It's not exactly tip-toeing. Maybe it's not as widespread as he seems to be implying but it's not like it's non-existent here either.  

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
31. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 21:35 Sepharo

theglaze wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 13:35:
Yifes wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:51:
theglaze wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 11:32:
I may consider it when they put in a ranking system for competitive play, not because I'm a hardcore fragger, but because there is a horde of Blizzard fans that only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics, team tactics, and teamwork via voice comm.

Maybe for consoles, but most PC players would have played some sort of team based shooter like TF2 or CS.

Also, given how matchmaking is skill based, consistently being matched with players who "only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics" would mean you're just as bad as they are.

I only played the open beta and was paired against opponents that were lvl 20 when I was lvl 3. It was 6 straight matches even with re-queues. Didn't seem like intelligent match making that used skill, level, or overall play time...but hey it was just the beta.

Profile level has nothing to do with the skill level that's used in matchmaking. You may just being using it as a general clue to what their skill level might be but that's usually a mistake. People can play the game all day and still be terrible.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
33. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 25, 2016, 04:07 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on May 25, 2016, 03:30:
4D-Boxing wrote on May 24, 2016, 13:03:
Rhialto wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:35:
I'm not...

Me neither. Waiting to hear feedback from PC gamers about the maychmsking. Smooth or is it laggy like other games that forgo sever browsers for peer to peer lovin

Yeah, this kind of shit is beyond fucking annoying. Another reason to avoid this game, which is a shame since the gameplay is polished and mostly e-sports oriented. But seriously, no server browsers, no dedicated servers? In a (NOT F2P) Multiplayer only game?? Huge fuck you to PC users right there. How the hell is anyone going to GET GUD when they can't pick low ping servers to play on?

Seems like no one wants to invest into server architecture anymore because fuck you, billions of dollars aren't enough. Depressing shit...

They are dedicated servers, just not private dedicated servers. This is a huge difference from the nightmare of peer hosted (not dedicated) servers that various incarnations of Call of Duty and other primarily console MP games had unleashed in years past. You won't have to worry about "host migration" when player #1 disconnects.

And while there is no server browser, you can make a custom game and invite players to that. So stuff like private games, scrimmages, clan matches, are easy to setup and with rule modifications.

But yes a mixture of automatic matchmaking and a server browser (community servers) would be best like Valve does with CS:GO. Then again, with the game only being 6-6 and absolutely requiring a full server... persistent dedicated community servers might not make much sense.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
8. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 25, 2016, 04:03 Sepharo

Wetworks wrote on May 25, 2016, 03:54:
Sepharo wrote on May 25, 2016, 01:48:
Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

You're using the word "sated" wrong.
Just trying to be helpful. I normally wouldn't point out something like this but you've got it completely opposite there and if you're doing this often that could be really confusing for the reader

Actually I used it correctly. After a few matches of Overwatch I am sated, meaning that I am full and satisfied and no longer have any desire to play the game. Like chewing bubble gum, it was fun for a few minutes but then I have my fill and spit it out. Another way of saying it is that Overwatch imo is a bit simplistic so it is easier to get everything I want out of it and I have no real desire for more.

Ah I get you now. It's not often that someone talks about the lack of something and then follows that up with feeling sated.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: aol lasik May 25, 2016, 02:11 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on May 25, 2016, 01:54:
1% ?

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/nightvision.htm

March 2014
An alarming 19.1% of patients enrolled in an FDA clinical trial for LASIK using the latest technology reported worse or significantly worse "night driving difficulty" six months after surgery.

I have to believe a significant amount of that is introduced through bias. I was told repeatedly before my surgery that I might have worse vision when driving at night. It's not great, but as far as I can recall it wasn't great before the surgery either. Driving in the dark with contrasting blinding headlights oncoming is bad for anyone I'd imagine. So when the docs keep telling everyone that they're night driving is going to suffer they can't help but notice how bad it is and chalk it up to the surgery whether it was at fault or not. That's my theory at least.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
6. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 25, 2016, 01:48 Sepharo

Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

You're using the word "sated" wrong.
Just trying to be helpful. I normally wouldn't point out something like this but you've got it completely opposite there and if you're doing this often that could be really confusing for the reader

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
29. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 18:58 Sepharo

4D-Boxing wrote on May 24, 2016, 18:23:
Omni wrote on May 24, 2016, 18:04:
We think shooter veterans and anyone new to the genre will find that Overwatch is an absolute blast to play.

As a Quake veteran I find Overwatch boring as fuck.

I'm slowly starting to accept that quake/UT visceral action has become a niche within a niche within a niche.

I miss the UT rocket dance, me and my flack running directly into fire but, moving smartly to get to the guy and flack buh bye. CTF think & develop a strategy fast and implement it even faster ah the memories. On that note, time for some UT beta fun before supper.

I really wanted the new Doom MP to compete with the new UT beta MP. Sucks that that wasn't the case. Doom took too much from today's MP FPS with loadouts, unlockables, progression, etc.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Details
19. Re: Overwatch Launch Details May 24, 2016, 11:25 Sepharo

Angrius Maximis wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:20:
You've managed to post here for 6 years and not realize that this Get a clue man, and try a better argument than telling old school MP FPS players that they're impressed because they're naive, it's literally the opposite.

You must not play many games. A typical Blizzard fan boy. Drink the Kool Aid and not realize that this game is not revolutionary AT ALL.

Battleborn 2 X times the content by the way.. and better characters

Last Blizzard game played was original WoW for a little longer than a month in 2004... So no on the fanboy account. Lol I play/have played a lot of games. Uh, you can read my history of posts here.

7638 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo