Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7528 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Early Access
15. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 4, 2016, 04:24 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on May 4, 2016, 04:19:
If the matchmaking uses similar algorithms to HOTS you will be crying tears of frustration before anything else really. Thankfully at least this isn't one of those games where one (or a couple) of terrible player(s) will ruin the game for everyone else.

My matchmaking was excellent today. We had a control point map that went 99-99 on the first round and nearly the same on the second. I had multiple games where the payload was 99% of the way there and we slowly pushed it back and won. I think the balance is terrible just right at the beginning, but even just at 10+ profile level it already starts getting pretty good.

But one player can fuck your team pretty effectively. The most common way is by filling an important role and then playing it terribly, causing somebody else to need to switch and therefore drop some other important role. But a more immediate and visible fuck up is a Mei who keeps using ice walls at the wrong times. You'll be taking down a very effective turret... its health is nearing 0 and you're finally about to get it... MEI WALL! from your own damn team and now the dwarf can get time to fully repair his shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Early Access
7. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 3, 2016, 17:16 Sepharo

Bastion is so easily countered. Just like any game with turrets you've gotta take those down first. You can have a sniper take him at a distance while he's distracted. You can use one of the many characters that can move invulnerable for a bit, like Repear. But the easiest way in my opinion is just to have Zenyatta put the 50% dmg orb on him and he's gone in a few seconds.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2016, 20:47 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2016, 18:00:
Enh, I'm not watching anymore series until they're done. I'd rather do a marathon watch than wait for months on end for it to be done. Besides GOT I'm looking forward to Black Sails, Vikings, and the Wheel of Time series now has the go ahead too and is in pre-production at Universal apparently.

The entire series? Not just the season? Man ... The Blacks Sails season that just ended recently had an awesome finale episode.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 20:37 Sepharo

Utes.

Edit: Actually that was a reference to the My Cousin Vinny joke. They go by Utahns or Utahans according to Wikipedia. I would have left my joke unexplained but then I remembered that Utes are actually a native american tribe that Utah was named after. So Utahns aren't Utes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 May 2, 2016, 02:26 Sepharo

CJ_Parker wrote on May 1, 2016, 23:53:
descender wrote on May 1, 2016, 21:04:
I LOL'd when he says the second CS patch available to the public in 2001 was the "downfall of CS". What a clown. Does he even play games? Doubt it.

Well, sorry about your Alzheimer troubled memory but I actually remember shit from back in the day. CS beta 0.7 (which, as a mod, was very much available to regular plebs by the way - WTF are you talking about "available to the public"?) was awesome, 1.0 was OK and shit started flowing downhill real fast with 1.1 when the bugs, the cheating and the retarded "features" (dumb unrealistic bunny strafe jumps, unbalanced AWP etc.) took over.

Those are simply historical facts, forever etched into the history of gaming. I would even venture a guess that you subconsciously came up with your nick because you secretly agree with me that Counter-Strike went through a long and arduous descent over the years (just like everything else in gaming except for The Witcher which has actually improved from game to game but that is unfortunately a one in a million exception from all the other garbage that has just gotten worse and worse *sigh* ).

You're so far off on this history lesson it's unbelievable.
This is like the historical theme park on the moon in Futurama. You have a few ideas of how things were but you've got them all scrambled up and it's funny to anyone who actually knows anything about it.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2016, 20:03 Sepharo

Guy from work said he'll be buying one of these...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wy0YhCuuA

I believe him too, he has a bunch of other very expensive lego sets.
The thing that blows me away is that that thing has a working gear box and working paddle shifters etc inside. Lego fans/designers are crazy.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2016, 19:08 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 16:16:
Unfortunately, Marsollier says, scientists will have to wait while workers bring the machine back online. Repairs will take a few days, but getting the machine fully ready to smash might take another week or two. "It may be mid-May," he says.

No wonder the thing cost 7 billion bucks when it takes a few days to replace a piece of cable and 2 weeks to get the thing running again. I'm sure they probably have half a dozen guys standing around supervising too.

Being 17 miles long and the most advanced piece of scientific equipment in history that makes precise measurements on an atomic and quantum scale... I'd assume they have some pretty rigorous standards. I'd say 2 weeks and a dozen guys is a very low estimate. It's not your '92 Chevy

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 30, 2016, 18:59 Sepharo

Bub wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 07:26:
It is really sad how the millennials have twisted themselves during their college years.

We fought for civil rights, to end the Vietnam war, and non-violence.

They fight against freedom of speech and association.

Even with a broader/later definition of millennials it's currently only the tail end of that generation in college presently. With the more traditional range, some millennials might be in graduate school... but these current undergraduates are mostly the next generation, Generation Z.

Sorry to be pedantic but it gets obnoxious to hear people consistently use "millennial" as a catch all for "young people". The bulk of millennials are over or approaching 30 years old. That's why you see a lot of articles discussing "millennials in the workplace" they're out of college, and they certainly aren't teenagers.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 30, 2016, 18:35 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 04:42:
It doesn't matter who is bringing the suit. It opens a whole can of worms that must NOT be opened. Any decent judge will throw it out in 2 seconds.

No it doesn't. No they won't.
Look I put the same amount of effort into my post as yours!
But if you want the reasoning go look at my post #10 here.

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
17. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 20:01 Sepharo

I skipped BF4 and the new Battlefront.

BF4 because of their history of terrible quality and the unlockable weapons stuff just getting more and more out of control. And really it just appeared to be BF3.25

And Battlefront, loved the way it looked, loved the setting, but it just seemed to be very shallow gameplay.

I'd definitely be interested in a return to WW2 or Vietnam (hey why not Korea?) but at the same time I know they're not going to fix their quality issues, the server browser / matchmaking is still going to be a nightmare, and they're still going to be chock full of unlockables and DLC.

21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 18:24 Sepharo

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 10:44:
Darwinism is supposed to take out the stupid one.

I don't think a company should be liable for someone taking their product and doing the absolutely most stupid and dangerous thing possible with it. A driver isn't even supposed to be touching a phone in the first place. The app the driver happened to be using on the phone they weren't supposed to be using in the first place is absolutely not at fault here. Why aren't they also suing Apple for making the phone? The speedometer in the car shows me "how fast I'm going" just like the app does, and it goes all the way to 120mph!
Why aren't they suing the car manufacturer for making a car that allows (and basically encourages) the driver to go over the speed limit? How are those companies at less fault in this situation than Snapchat?

You simply can't assign that sort of liability to a company because there is no line you can draw as to where it will end. Certainly Snapchat could remove the filter or add warnings to it but why wouldn't every other app then be required to have those same warnings?

Stupid people will do stupid things and no one will ever stop them. They should simply be held responsible. There is no reason to shift the blame around, this is just a sleazy tactic done by lawyers to try to extract a settlement.

I feel like this post and others similar to it are under the impression that this suit is being brought by person using snapchat as an excuse for their behavior. The suit is being brought by the person the snapchat user hit... And he's suing both her and snapchat. There are no excuses being made for idiotic behavior by the driver.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
19. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 05:41 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 05:13:
Looks pretty cool. And pretty too. Too bad the premise of the story is so awful that Im probably not going to play it simply because I can't stand such sorry world building. The "augmented" are segregated and a new apartheid reigns supreme? Sounds like hogwash to me. Think about it for a second. Only the rich would be able to afford such gadetry and technology if it were ever to appear, and only the rich would control it. Makes no sense that the "augmented" are the oppressed and the downtrodden. If there is one thing I can't stand in Sci-Fi its a faulty premise, and this one is broken-beyond-repair faulty...

It started that way, the rich / well-off having the augs, but then they became more affordable. And at the end of the last game the augs were hacked and everyone with them started experiencing hallucinations and going on violent rampages. So that why the non-augmented are segregating them now. Might be worth reading up on things before you declare them broke-beyond-repair faulty.

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 02:21 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 01:35:
I seriously fail to see how Snapchat would be culpable in any form. wouldn't it make more sense for the passenger to use the app? I dunno. Common sense and breaking the law is apparently everyone else's fault EXCEPT the person doing it.

They are not solely culpable, obviously the fault primarily is with the driver, and she's being sued as well. But this is a textbook example of something that encourages reckless behavior and is unnecessary and most importantly takes very little effort to amend. The part that really seals it though is that this filter had been previously identified as being a problem.

I got this from some comments on the issue,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine[/
It's about landowners, but the concept applies just the same...

The landowner knows children are around who might trespass.
The landowner knows children will be at risk of injury if they trespass.
That children are too young to recognize the risk.
The landowner can fix the problem at a reasonable cost.
The landowner does nothing.

-Snapchat knows what this app will be used for... I mean it's specifically a filter that shows your current MPH. It's purpose it to brag about your speed.
-Snapchat knows that high speeds are dangerous, and that the app is likely to be used by someone while they're operating a vehicle at the same time.
-Snapchat can fix the problem at almost no cost.
-Snapchat didn't fix the problem, despite having it come up earlier.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 01:03 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 00:38:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 00:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:26:
An 18 year old is not a teen....

Is this a language thing?
Eighteen

It is definitely a language thing, until you wrote it I didn't even see the connection. Teaches me another aspect of the language though... does that mean that I can call anyone below 20 a "teen" (without denying them the status of adult?)?

A teenager would be anyone 13-19 inclusive.
By law, in the U.S. you're a "legal adult" at 18 but still a "teenager" or for short "teen".

In terms of general perception, I don't consider an 18 year old an adult... hell I might not consider many people in the first half of their twenties adults. I guess it depends on the circumstances though, if you have a career, a house, a child... Yeah you're an adult in more than just the legal sense even if you're just 19.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 01:08.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 00:04 Sepharo

Wait what...
Snapchat has a filter that allows users to record their speed of travel, and she wanted to see how fast she could go.
alleges that Snapchat was equally responsible for the cause of the crash because the company did not delete the miles per hour filter from the app after it was cited in similar accidents

Wow... that's a super clear case of negligence right there. It's not like snapchat's software is primarily a speedometer or auto app anyway. This filter both encourage phone usage while driving and reckless speeding. I hope that guy enjoys his millions and doesn't have to drive uber anymore.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2016, 00:00 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 23:26:
An 18 year old is not a teen....

Is this a language thing?
Eighteen

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
6. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 28, 2016, 20:55 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 20:49:
Also, it looks like there's no textures, just colored polygons, like all the Id engine games.

The hell are you talkin about?

23. Re: Measles: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 13:44 Sepharo

By that irrefutable logic the best course of action would be to hermetically seal your child into a safe environment where no disease or disaster can reach them. Also they probably shouldn't be allowed to interact with any other individuals or animals because anything could happen.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 03:01 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 02:53:
Grats. Maybe you two could go to China for a second honeymoon? Or is China completely out of the question? :p

China?
Let me tell you about China.
CHINA!

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
22. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:18 Sepharo

Placid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:08:
I bet it gets cancelled in about 14 months.

Before that... it's not making it to $700K

7528 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo