Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7600 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 19:48 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 19, 2016, 19:42:
A standard field test for balance, reactions, all that jazz is sufficient.
There is a reason that they have to administer a breathalyzer or blood test in a DUI case. A field test based on "all that jazz" is not, in fact, sufficient evidence in court.

Alcohol has the same metabolism issues you are attempting to raise here, and testing for edibles will always be an issue... but there will absolutely be a "THC breathalyzer" in the next few years to catch smokers, they already exist.

There are many companies looking to create and sell such devices to law enforcement but no science will ever back them up. I definitely won't be surprised if agencies start using them, it doesn't mean they're correct. Look what just happened with hair in forensics... Turned out the FBI had been making shit up for decades and the science wasn't sound.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 19:35 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 19, 2016, 19:33:
Maybe you should go back and read the discussion then Sepharo, you misunderstood Cutter's post and my post.

I always back read. The only point I'm making (and was backing up Cutter on) is that Marijuana has the longest detection times in all manner of drug tests of the scheduled drugs... and it also happens to be the least dangerous of all those drugs.

And no, they won't be able to devise a test for being actively under the influence of marijuana. It's extremely subjective and measuring quantities isn't effective since even the blood tests can be positive 7 days afterwards. A standard field test for balance, reactions, all that jazz is sufficient.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 19:29 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 19, 2016, 19:02:
That is definitely not the same test. If you get in an accident and they suspect you are high you are not peeing in a cup or giving a hair sample. They arrest you, you have your blood taken from you and tested... unless you refuse the test and they assume guilt.

With the inevitable explosion of the pot industry in the US, proper field testing equipment is not far behind. Just because they are going to legalize pot doesn't mean they are going to let everyone be high all the time anywhere they want, just like you can't do that with alcohol. Don't confuse field tests with the reasons that employers test their employees though.

Drug tests during hiring are essentially an extension of a background check. Random drug/alcohol tests throughout employment are pretty rare but usually quite warranted.

I'm positive we're not having the same discussion so I'll let you have your unrelated points in peace.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 18:39 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 19, 2016, 18:36:
That's because it isn't a test for being under the influence at work. It's a test to determine if you ingest illegal drugs. They don't care when.

The alcohol testing that certain jobs do are to determine if you are showing up drunk, not if you ever ingested alcohol.

The same test for THC is given in auto accidents as well and they will consider the presence of THC metabolites to be indicative of being under the influence. It's also always listed in autopsies and then the news likes to run with "he was high at the time!"

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2016, 18:26 Sepharo

THC can be detected for even a month after use. The tests for that are bullshit and should be pushed back against as often as possible.

Having THC (metabolites) in your system 30 days past ingestion is in no way indicative of "being under the influence" and yet that's how it's treated.

Cutter's point was that much harder, more dangerous drugs are out of the system much quicker, while one of the most benign (but still schedule 1) drugs like marijuana are detectable the longest.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 21:37 Sepharo

I randomly decided to watch the first Addams Family movie the other day. I don't think I had seen it since I was in the single digits. It's still a pretty fun movie that holds up. The acting, setting, script, all on point.  

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
12. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 18:22 Sepharo

saluk wrote on May 18, 2016, 18:13:
This game has a really checkered development history, I'm not sure I want to support it even if it's free.

It's been years since I did a complete kq1-8 playthrough, if I get the urge for more KQ I think I'd rather go back and replay them. They can be obtuse and mean at times for sure. The Dark Souls of adventure games The worst are the dead ends where you have made the game unwinnable without knowing it. Oh, you drank that potion that does nothing here but you need on this other screen later on? Too bad!

But there have been remakes that clean up some of the rougher edges.

KQ6 is sooo damn good.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
20. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 08:41 Sepharo

I don't think he actually gives a damn. I just raised his blood pressure by using the word "goalposts". I've never actually used it before, as a search shows, and I won't use it again because I don't want to hurt anyone.  

17. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 07:32 Sepharo

rudra wrote on May 17, 2016, 07:15:
Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2016, 05:06:
Osc8r wrote on May 17, 2016, 04:41:
Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2016, 01:33:
Osc8r wrote on May 17, 2016, 01:26:
If only their games were half as good as their movies.

Overwatch is pretty much the most polished MP FPS I've seen in a long while. You and others might not enjoy the gameplay and that's fine of course. But it's a solid, well-made, good game... especially in relation to the other MP FPS stuff out there, at their launches.

Nobody is doubting their polish, but that's about the only thing Blizzard ever brings to the table these days.

Copy what's already out there, dumb it down, polish, add blizzard logo, polish some more, profit.

/yawn

Goal posts on wheels. Now it's not that it's bad but that it's not original.

hey genius, ever consider its bad BECAUSE its not original?

see - that means the argument is actually valid and you cant dismiss it with some cliche internet knee jerk bullshit

dont let that stop you, im sure you wont - but yeh, if you are trying to act "impartial" then you've failed quite handily

in fact i wonder if all the drooling fanboys even notice what comes out of their mouth

I'm by no means impartial. It's neither bad nor unoriginal.

15. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 05:06 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on May 17, 2016, 04:41:
Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2016, 01:33:

Overwatch is pretty much the most polished MP FPS I've seen in a long while. You and others might not enjoy the gameplay and that's fine of course. But it's a solid, well-made, good game... especially in relation to the other MP FPS stuff out there, at their launches.

Nobody is doubting their polish, but that's about the only thing Blizzard ever brings to the table these days.

Copy what's already out there, dumb it down, polish, add blizzard logo, polish some more, profit.

/yawn

Goal posts on wheels. Now it's not that it's bad but that it's not original.
Other than just the very base gameplay of TF2, what is it copying?

Name a more unique MP FPS. It's not easy to do considering most are at least 3 or 5 sequels in.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse May 17, 2016, 03:54 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2016, 02:56:
65% of Twitch viewing time split between four games.

I guessed DOTA, LOL, and CS:GO, but didn't think Hearthstone would have made the list. I just assumed it was Minecraft.

Guy at work, who must be 23 or so... Watches Hearthstone all day.
I'm not one to pooh-pooh watching video games, but watching a card game video game? That's into the realm of whyyyyy for me.

11. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 01:33 Sepharo

This comment was edited on May 17, 2016, 02:48.

9. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 01:22 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2016, 01:20:
Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2016, 01:19:
Quinn wrote on May 17, 2016, 00:59:
I really hate Hanzo in the game. His enemies have a larger hitbox than when you play a different character so he hardly ever misses. Hope they will change this.

Really? Got a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHUNnARS54

Damn you beat me to my edit.
But yeah that does show other characters. That's pretty damn weird.

But it is more like the arrow has a bigger hitbox.
Effectively it seems just like the enemy does though.

7. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 17, 2016, 01:19 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2016, 00:59:
I really hate Hanzo in the game. His enemies have a larger hitbox than when you play a different character so he hardly ever misses. Hope they will change this.

Really? Got a link?

edit:
Interesting.
I wish I could try it out with other characters right now though.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2016, 19:25 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on May 16, 2016, 19:23:
PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 16:48:

Took me a little longer to realize 8 + 5 = 313 is wrong.
Nope

Not sure if "nope" means "yes this problem is wrong" or "no, you're wrong". So for clarification:

8 + 5 = 13
8 - 5 = 3
concatenate: 13, 3

bruh

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Four
13. Re: Diablo III Turns Four May 16, 2016, 17:04 Sepharo

descender wrote on May 16, 2016, 15:12:
The idea that drops were tuned "around" the AH's was just another batshit fan theory. It was perfectly payable it just took time... more time than people were willing to put in. Time and impatience is what prompted people to consider AH purchases as "necessary to progression" which is just completely stupid. So... the real "problem with the AH" was if you used it you basically eliminated any actual reason to play the game and completely threw your loot distribution curve out of whack. It was perfectly playable but people who are impatient ruined their own experience bypassing literally the only reward the game has. Sure, the game needed to distribute set/unique items better, but the AH wasn't causing those problems.

First, LOL at that slip-up.

Second, the stuff you go on to describe, is by design. Stuff took longer to drop by design so that you would be tempted to use the auction house. It wasn't a "batshit fan theory" it was reality... a reality you go on to describe in your effort to disprove it. It was a moronic idea they inflicted on their own game, how can you blame the players?

News Comments > DOOM Released
152. Re: DOOM Released May 15, 2016, 18:22 Sepharo

BobBob wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:59:
Sepharo wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:26:
BobBob wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:16:
Overon wrote on May 15, 2016, 15:49:
So does this game have any longevity like mod support? I know about the SnapMap stuff, but that doesn't seem very robust.

Games are never made for longevity unless they are open-source .. and then the branches get so distract no community will follow.

What the balls are you talking about? He's referring to games like the Half-Life series and Quake which had active communities for decades because of their mod support.

I was referring to current generation.

Ah so like Minecraft, Fallout 4, Cities: Skylines for example.
What are some open source games?

150. Re: DOOM Released May 15, 2016, 17:26 Sepharo

BobBob wrote on May 15, 2016, 17:16:
Overon wrote on May 15, 2016, 15:49:
So does this game have any longevity like mod support? I know about the SnapMap stuff, but that doesn't seem very robust.

Games are never made for longevity unless they are open-source .. and then the branches get so distract no community will follow.

What the balls are you talking about? He's referring to games like the Half-Life series and Quake which had active communities for decades because of their mod support.

148. Re: DOOM Released May 15, 2016, 16:09 Sepharo

Hahaha people wanted a pure competitive deathmatch and instead got unlockables and 2 weapon loadouts. I can't believe they're complaining! Hahaha!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews May 15, 2016, 02:50 Sepharo

Fantaz wrote on May 14, 2016, 16:41:
Yifes wrote on May 14, 2016, 15:23:
nimski wrote on May 14, 2016, 12:09:
Are FPS games now considered MOBA's? I don't understand this.

It's like how Deus Ex is a FPS with RPG elements.

[...]

i hate when people say this... Deus Ex is not an RPG, and there's no such thing as "RPG elements"

you google this and see stupid sites like Giant Bomb actually make it a thing, but it's these silly game reviewers that really coined the term and not real game designers

a Role Playing Game must conform to all of the rules mentioned here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

what a turd boat
this is the silliest semantic thing I've heard this year and I work with mad nerds, congrats

7600 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo