Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7566 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Save 50%
13. Re: Save 50% May 12, 2016, 21:40 Sepharo

Can I have the other 50% ?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
5. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 12, 2016, 20:41 Sepharo

Ceribaen wrote on May 12, 2016, 20:34:
Just basically like Destiny pvp

Are you sure you were playing Overwatch?

News Comments > Civilization VI Announced
34. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 12, 2016, 02:18 Sepharo

Linksil wrote on May 12, 2016, 00:19:
Sepharo wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:29:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:25:
Fucking $80? Suck my balls! Can't say I much care for the stylized look either.

$60.
What's the deal with people using digital deluxe prices all the time lately? Same thing was happening with Overwatch.

Because the deluxe is what used to be called the normal game. Not to mention all the "cut" dlc depending on who you ask/what game. Some games you can't even get the best play options without getting the deluxe edition.

No. Sorry that's not why people are mistakenly giving the digital deluxe price instead of the actual base price.

Hell, the majority of the additional content in Overwatch's digital deluxe edition wasn't even for Overwatch.

32. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 23:29 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:25:
Fucking $80? Suck my balls! Can't say I much care for the stylized look either.

$60.
What's the deal with people using digital deluxe prices all the time lately? Same thing was happening with Overwatch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 23:16 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 11, 2016, 22:12:
In general though, I've found I'm far more sensitive to low level background noise than most. When I still worked in an office, it wasn't that unusual for me to wander into the corridor and start asking people "what is that noise?" And have them say, "what noise?" I'd explain what I was hearing, then they would pause and listen and then say, "oh yeah, I hear it now." And it would be some stupid alert going off on the other side of the office or something...

I'm the same way, just not with white noise. If there's a beeping, a whining, a high pitched humming, a rattle... It's going to annoy me and I'm going to find it. But fans? Nah they're fine.

48. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 21:52 Sepharo

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a damn how loud my computer is?

I'm going to be wearing headphones all the time anyway. And I've been falling asleep to roaring case fans just about my whole life.

Hardware > Just finished my new machine
8. No subject May 11, 2016, 20:37 Sepharo

I still have this machine. Still plays all the games I want to play and at reasonable framerates.  

27. Re: Civilization VI Announced May 11, 2016, 18:03 Sepharo

ItBurn wrote on May 11, 2016, 14:46:
Only one unit per tile of V was a complete deal breaker for me. Capturing a city was about bringing a constant stream of single units rather than attacking it with large forces. It wasn't fun. It looks like they improved that a bit, but I don't feel like it'll be enough.

A constant stream won't even work. They made capturing cities more about pounding with artillery, ships, and/or bombers. The way that it should be.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
13. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 23:47 Sepharo

headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 22:50:
Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:35:
headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:29:
What?! Disney have just demonstrated that they are idiots. Entertainment software is a huge growth sector. If they think they can't make shit-loads of money with it then they just aren't doing it right - the money is there even if they're blind to it.

Edit: Especially with the franchises that Disney owns that can be made into games.

That's kind of the whole point. They'd rather make the free money licensing than having to actually do work and take risk.

LucasFilm/LucasArts thought it was quite well to make games in-house. Contracting out to the proverbial "India call center" I don't believe is the best way to ensure the best quality and therefore longevity of their brand. They should hire in-house, and build up a branch of their operation that rivals their film branches today.

Contracting to the "India call center" ? I think you're looking at this the wrong way, it's more like allowing Valve/Blizzard/EA/Epic/Ubisoft to publish and develop the games instead of Disney. It's a good thing. Licensing still requires picking the right company, I don't think they'll be going with no-name "India call center" to make their Star Wars game.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
5. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 10, 2016, 21:35 Sepharo

headkase wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:29:
What?! Disney have just demonstrated that they are idiots. Entertainment software is a huge growth sector. If they think they can't make shit-loads of money with it then they just aren't doing it right - the money is there even if they're blind to it.

Edit: Especially with the franchises that Disney owns that can be made into games.

That's kind of the whole point. They'd rather make the free money licensing than having to actually do work and take risk.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
3. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 10, 2016, 21:22 Sepharo

Sometimes complaining does work.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 20:06 Sepharo

Virtually always right.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 19:34 Sepharo

Red wrote on May 9, 2016, 19:18:
Beamer wrote on May 9, 2016, 18:19:
And, while ownership is nice, I felt that way about DVDs, and when I go back and watch them the quality is so terrible that I just end up paying the $3 or whatever to rent on Amazon.
I find that DVD quality is about on par with HD downloads from iTunes or HD streaming off NetFlix. Amazon Prime streaming is noticeably worse than all of those; it's my last resort for watching anything. Blu Ray is handily superior to anything I can [legally] download or stream online, but it is also by far the biggest hassle so I only have special favorites on Blu Ray.

I think you're overstating the quality of DVDs, have you watched one recently?
Amazon Prime and Netflix default streaming quality is way higher than a DVD.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2016, 18:52 Sepharo

Don't bother.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
44. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 03:56 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on May 7, 2016, 03:40:
Yifes wrote on May 7, 2016, 00:53:
Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

Melee tanks, AOE shields, Pudge Hooks, Time Rewinds, Ultimates....why do you list those things like they are a good thing? MOBA/MMO abilities in an FPS sound like a terrible fucking idea, more rock-paper-scissor gameplay for people who can't shoot with a keyboard and mouse to save their lives. Team Fortress did just fine without them, as did TF2, and now this game (for which I had high hopes) comes along and suddenly there is the 6 player max limit, cramped maps, technicolor galore and people spamming their ultimates....So once again, the gameplay is devolved to who has the retard on the team to ruin the fucking fun for the rest of the team...Fuck that....Im deeply disappointed in Overwatch.

Accuracy is a important part of many characters in Overwatch. Not all characters though.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2016, 04:05.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
42. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 7, 2016, 00:54 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:13:
In between COD and BF, isn't there a decent shooter anywhere to be had?

CS:GO, Quake Live, Overwatch... maybe the new UT, it's free.

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
40. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 20:41 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on May 6, 2016, 20:08:
The old guard who made games like BF1942 and BF2 are all gone from DICE, any dreams of a return to the good old days are pretty much hampered by the fact that consoles are the lead platform, specifically the xbox one in this case and that everything is being made extremely casual - look at what they did with Battlefront.

BF2 was a pretty buggy mess too. Some of the same issues still exist even today across multiple engine changes.

38. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:56 Sepharo

Undocumented Alien wrote on May 6, 2016, 19:43:
Played for about an hour or so, I wasn't expecting much but I found it to be fun. Played the Reaper character and Mercy and got into it. The classes definitely play and feel unique, so a LOT of replay-ability. It's definitely a blending of Team Fortress and UT'ish DM. I think $60 is to high for it personally, $40 would be more acceptable, so I'll have to think about it.

The base PC version is $39.99
The only extras you get with the $60 version is 6 cosmetic skins (skins are random loot drops anyway) and some Overwatch themed DLC for other Blizzard games. It's really not worth it unless you have to have some specific character skins and feel like paying $20 for them.

37. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 19:55 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on May 6, 2016, 19:22:
None of the ultimates are instant kills, except maybe Tracer's sticky bomb. All the rest can be countered or avoided. Reaper's is probably the only clearly overpowered one.

Nah even with Tracer's if you can catch the ultimate call or the bomb beep, Zenyatta can throw up his Transcendence and save everybody. Hers is harder to catch with that but Diva's nuke is pretty easy to intercept.

Basically with ultimates, some characters can be stopped before or while they're performing them, most can be avoided by taking cover (or with Hanzo stepping out of the way), and then whatever remains can be negated by Zenyatta's transcendence or a some kind of shield like Winston's dome or Reinhardt's shield (directional) or Zarya's bubbles (though they don't last long), Diva's defense matrix (directional).

Edit: Speaking of taking cover. I was able to take 0 damage from Diva's nuke bomb by crouching behind a car that was right next to it, so it is truly line of sight despite being a nuke.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2016, 20:03.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
25. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 19:03 Sepharo

You guys thought I was making a joke down there.  

7566 Comments. 379 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo