Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8190 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
12. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Aug 1, 2018, 15:28 Sepharo

Frijoles wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 23:47:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 18:48:
Are these games buying and downloading automatically for you?

Of course not. Are they rating themselves and proving they have no malware included? Nope, not doing that either. GOG is. And that's where I buy my games now. Why do you and others object so much to a curated (by Valve) section of Steam? In what way does it harm you from browsing all the other shovelware and asset flips? They'd still be there, ready to mine Monero.

It's the way you worded it... Implying that simply the existence of such a product on the shelf was dangerous to you/us and disregarding that you'd have to buy and download it first. Maybe don't buy shit clearly scam games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
10. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 18:48 Sepharo

Frijoles wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 12:20:
Leave Steam up with all the shit that goes with it for people who like to live dangerously.

Are these games buying and downloading automatically for you?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2018, 02:09 Sepharo

HL3 confirmed of course  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2018, 01:44 Sepharo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 21:10:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 20:49:
I want to see a Battle Royale game based on The Thing. If you are human and kill a human, you're both out. If you're the thing, you try to kill or convert as many humans as you can. I haven't worked out the rest.

There is already at least one game or mod for a game like that, although not based on the Thing. I think it was zombie related? Any 'zombies/infected' that kill any player turn that player into one of the non-humans, who are all against whoever is left... I know I've played at least one maybe two of that sort of mod in the past. I feel like it was a Source mod. Sorry, can't recall the name, obviously.

Yeah there was a couple of source mods like that using TF2 or CS:S as the baseline.

Without the conversion aspect I saw a similar game being played and streamed by some of the OWL players...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/466240/Deceit/

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
37. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 16:53 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:42:
How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

Because the announcement implies Hello Games refused to honor legitimate refund requests, and so the money came out of CDPR's pocket. GOG isn't CDPR's charity. It's a business and a profitable one at that (according to CDPR's annual meetings). They're not going to cool with some "manufacturer" producing shady products, lying to their customer base, and then refusing to honor refund requests. CDPR is likely going to bring a lawsuit against HG to recoup lost income.

If they brought a lawsuit against HG (and especially if they won) then yes, that would definitely be a message that they can't continue with impunity. But I think that's super unlikely. This is a good publicity move, not much more. HG doesn't learn any lessons from this, well at least not any good ones.

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
35. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 16:42 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:31:
I love this point from CDPR:

"Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds."

Hello Games was banking on the assumption that once bought it would be hard to get a refund (like it is on Steam). Good Guy GOG came to the rescue! Super awesome of CDPR to send a loud message to Hello Games that they cannot continue do bad business with impunity. Thumbsup

How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

But yes, that's super awesome of GoG and they deserve the kudos and attention they'll get for it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 26, 2018, 15:00 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:28:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 20:12:
You know a lot about the eSports scene huh?

You don't need to know anything about the eSports scene to know that PUBG isn't going to supplant Fortnite.

Are you under the impression that there can only be one eSport?
If that's the case, Fortnite is going to have to supplant CS:GO first.

edit: Actually looking it up now it appears that PUBG is much further along with its eSport scene than Fortnite currently.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2018, 20:12 Sepharo

You know a lot about the eSports scene huh?  

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
7. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 02:36 Sepharo

Frijoles wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 00:19:
And it's broken.

And already fixed

News Comments > Steam Ban Spree
24. Re: Steam Ban Spree Jul 24, 2018, 18:34 Sepharo

Edit: nm

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2018, 21:37.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
40. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 04:52 Sepharo

chickenboo wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 16:05:
functional rivers... does this game feature "rivers" with static water in them that isn't flowing or rocking against the river edge? like most games? Come to think of it though, does any game yet feature rivers which move liquid downstream?

Minecraft

and functional lava rivers too

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
75. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 22, 2018, 18:36 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 22, 2018, 18:28:
Don't you guys forget that I have stated nowhere that there is no such thing as racism toward coloured people. I simply said that I disagree with the notion that there is no such thing as racism toward whites.

You replied to a conversation with Prez about doubting that minorities experience racism daily. I'm not really interested in having the "people are racist against whites too!" conversation.

Also this, "evidence of "structural and systematic" racism cannot be found" is nonsense.

73. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 22, 2018, 17:55 Sepharo

Ask a black friend if they're made to feel their otherness every day.
(you will have met the quota for that day by the very question)

I see it with my coworkers every day. Many white coworkers are oblivious to the things they're saying or think racial jokes are okay as long as they're not explicitly told otherwise. A chuckle and a head shake are a coping mechanism, usually not a sign that "hey he thinks it's funny too!"

I was in a court for a speeding ticket last month and a judge offhandedly told a black teenager that he had to be careful because the way he looks will scare people. Wtf. He looked like... a teenager.

News Comments > Steam Ban Spree
22. Re: Steam Ban Spree Jul 22, 2018, 14:52 Sepharo

You're saying that people should be able to cheat in online PvE games as long as they're not PvP?
That's... moronic.

59. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 20, 2018, 20:33 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 19:31:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 19:08:
There's another GoG tweet scandal today...

But it's James Gunn getting fired from Guardians of the Galaxy for pedo joke tweets he made before he was famous.
Apparently Trumpers weren't happy with his political posting so they searched his old tweets and reported what they found and Disney fired him.

Fired for making child jokes? Like, why did the chicken cross the road - to get to the other side? That's a joke I hear many children making.

Okay after this, and a similar usage I saw Prez do the other day, I finally looked up the original conversation...
Holy shit lol

55. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 20, 2018, 19:08 Sepharo

There's another GoG tweet scandal today...

But it's James Gunn getting fired from Guardians of the Galaxy for pedo joke tweets he made before he was famous.
Apparently Trumpers weren't happy with his political posting so they searched his old tweets and reported what they found and Disney fired him.

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released
5. Re: Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Released Jul 20, 2018, 04:55 Sepharo

I liked Dunkey's hate/love review of this game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQpA86ZC8U

News Comments > Xaviant Resumes The Culling; Culls The Culling 2
4. Re: Xaviant Resumes The Culling; Culls The Culling 2 Jul 18, 2018, 22:34 Sepharo

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 22:23:
Why did they release The Culling 2? It was an unfinished disaster, what did they expect the outcome was going to be?

They, just like Boss Key Productions, thought they could release a PUBG-style BR in a terrible state and still get players.
Post Fortnite that's not possible any longer... well at least not without something to set it significantly apart from the rest.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2018, 21:36 Sepharo

Steam isn't the only platform for PC gaming.
No but this is the "Steam Top 10" post.

10. Re: Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2018, 20:29 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 01:16:
Why would I mean anything other than viewership and player numbers?

I dunno... why would you reply to a guy talking about the Steam Top 10 with a game that's not even sold on Steam? And then bring in Twitch viewers at that...

8190 Comments. 410 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo