Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7639 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
16. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 3, 2016, 03:47 Sepharo

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 03:21:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 00:07:
Caladell wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:26:
Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

I had a 12 game losing streak that lasted over a few days. I was quite salty by the end of it. On the plus side, I won several in a row after that.

Was just about to post something similar. I think Eraser is experiencing something of a confirmation bias. People tend to forget this is a team game, if you need to carry just one bad team player in a 6 player team and the other team doesn't, you will lose.

It's most definitely confirmation bias.
Especially as evidenced by the "unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you" ... quitting and rejoining does nothing. Matchmaking does not take into account your most recent games specifically, it simply looks at your rating and group composition if you're in one, nothing more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 20:59 Sepharo

Search Lucioball on YouTube... it's pretty crazy how much they got it to look and play like Rocket League.  

2. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 20:59 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

Played 3 close competitive games last night that had good teams on both sides, though we managed to win all 3 and called it a night instead of pressing our luck.

News Comments > Spicy Horse Studios Closing
30. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Aug 2, 2016, 05:03 Sepharo

Hey everybody I'm going to work from a tree fort from now on. Please send me money so I can accomplish this. Don't worry its not a life of luxury, living in a tree fort is harder than you might think.  

News Comments > Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled
16. Re: Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled Aug 1, 2016, 19:38 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 19:29:
saluk wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 18:43:
Eh, pretty nice outcome letting them continue to make the game as long as they fix the IP violations.

What are you talking about? If they remove the offending bits there's nothing Disney could do about it anyway.

He means that Lucasfilm gave them the go ahead to use Battlefront's game mechanics. It's not as easy to claim infringement on those as it is for IP like Star Wars characters and settings but still legally possible.

27. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Aug 1, 2016, 19:08 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 11:46:
nin wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 07:06:
bliblob wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 00:43:
You seem to resent the fact he has worked hard and made a success of himself.

What exactly has he worked hard and been successful at? All I see are flops since 2000: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee#Games

I agree with the guy, he has worked hard and made a success of himself.

Which is why him asking us to donate our money to his leisure life is shitty.

But Beamer, why are you so lazy? Get out there and do something with your life man.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
226. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 31, 2016, 22:27 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 18:44:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 17:47:
"I don't like or use the extra features so I'm incapable of understanding how anyone else could. People just use Steam because they're forced to!!!1"

Brilliant synopsis as always Sepharo.

His argument is that people only choose to use Steam because it has forums, a friends list, and a web browser tied to the Steam DRM machine. And NOT because for most PC gamers, it's their 1-stop shop because they already have their whole collection on steam.

But you know, feel free to keep misrepresenting my arguments. It makes you look simple.

Besides, what contortion has transpired where me saying: "most PC gamers want everything to be on Steam" is considered blasphemy? I'm parroting most users on this forum's sentiments to a tee. Be careful, you might turn yourself into a pretzel.

And please oh god ignore the irony that people love Steam because it's their 1-stop shop, and they not only don't use other game storefronts, they VEHEMENTLY hate those storefronts with a passion usually reserved for the religious, and in the same breath saying that using 1,000 different storefronts for PC apps is "easy as cake", and that I must be a simpleton to not see the ease and convenience of maintaining 1,000 different storefront accounts.

Twist yourself out of that one.

It's a better store front that I prefer to use. It's a better store front because of the many extra features that have been implemented. You dismiss those features with one of your usual too long rants, but it still distills down to you don't think the features are appealing... I think you're in the minority there.

203. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 29, 2016, 17:47 Sepharo

"I don't like or use the extra features so I'm incapable of understanding how anyone else could. People just use Steam because they're forced to!!!1"  

186. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 28, 2016, 21:08 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 20:36:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 19:50:
Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 18:06:
I always find the amount of people that use the Start menu baffling. I use it exclusively for the Snip Tool (the single best thing Microsoft ever invented. Or "invented.")

Games? Launched either from a desktop icon, of which I have about 8, or from Steam. Steam mostly destroyed my need for a Start menu.

On the rare occasion I need cmd or something, I just... type it into Cortana. Also the only time I use Cortana. So much quicker than navigating the 18 deep Start levels it gets put into by default.

I never use desktop icons.
I have 5 commonly used "pinned programs" on the taskbar.
4 recently used on the start menu
and 4 more pinned on the start menu
everything else uses the Win 7 insta-search (I guess cortana in 10)
But I also like the My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel, Network Connections links on the start menu too.

Here's what it looks like, task bar and start menu.
http://i.imgur.com/aprNWqT.jpg

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want to use that and instead would want icons all over a desktop behind everything you have open... or some giant purple bullshit that needs to pop up when every you want to start or find something.

Since we're sharing http://imgur.com/a/CSZau

That was my work setup... at home it's quite literally just Chrome, Steam, and now BattleNet pinned on the taskbar, don't really ever click anything else.

184. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 28, 2016, 19:50 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 18:06:
I always find the amount of people that use the Start menu baffling. I use it exclusively for the Snip Tool (the single best thing Microsoft ever invented. Or "invented.")

Games? Launched either from a desktop icon, of which I have about 8, or from Steam. Steam mostly destroyed my need for a Start menu.

On the rare occasion I need cmd or something, I just... type it into Cortana. Also the only time I use Cortana. So much quicker than navigating the 18 deep Start levels it gets put into by default.

I never use desktop icons.
I have 5 commonly used "pinned programs" on the taskbar.
4 recently used on the start menu
and 4 more pinned on the start menu
everything else uses the Win 7 insta-search (I guess cortana in 10)
But I also like the My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel, Network Connections links on the start menu too.

Here's what it looks like, task bar and start menu.
http://i.imgur.com/aprNWqT.jpg

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want to use that and instead would want icons all over a desktop behind everything you have open... or some giant purple bullshit that needs to pop up when every you want to start or find something.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
26. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 02:43 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 02:39:
ShadyPete wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 23:50:
or you could just play this..

https://nothke.itch.io/normans-sky

Such immersion, much fidelity! It's a nice.

Definitely remember to ctrl-w in that one there

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
7. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 27, 2016, 02:54 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 22:18:
wonder what that 10 meters is in comparison to how he was before the original buff? either way, that sounds massive.

I dunno, the effect is probably negligible..

mostly made up numbers spaced in 10ish meter increments
and based on this
"Damage: 35 - 70 (per hit) - Damage decreases with distance"

70-70-70-65-60-55-50-45-40-35
and now
70-70-65-60-55-50-45-40-35-35

120. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 20:53 Sepharo

wtf_man wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 20:38:
Mordecai Walfish wrote:
As anyone with half a brain knows, all the good games are on mobile. I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this shit. Back to Candy Crush for me.. you kids have fun. <3

/ROFL

A few years of pooping has me at lvl 765 on Soda Crush

News Comments > Overwatch Balance Changes
4. Re: Overwatch Balance Changes Jul 26, 2016, 20:16 Sepharo

Link to the actual patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747615932

It actually looks like more of an overall buff than a nerf.

The only nerf is that damage starts to falloff 10 meters earlier.
The buffs are a faster firing fan the hammer (ugh)
and a faster time to attack following throwing a FB.

Basically they made his flashbang + fan the hammer combo more effective again, which is the thing most people going up against McCree hate.

13. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Jul 25, 2016, 03:36 Sepharo

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 02:43:
Somebody who puts "American" (or any other country) in his name has a great potential to turn out to be a shady twerp. Case in point ^^

Can't help what your parents name you

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video
12. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video Jul 25, 2016, 01:15 Sepharo

20 years of South Park..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y8f13WBAE

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2016, 14:04 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 06:21:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 19:53:
Suppa7 wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 21:31:
[Gabe's] a total dick that pushed the move behind the removal of dedicated servers.

Haha what? Valve is one of the very few developers who still support private dedicated servers.

You're a fucking moron if you believe that... remember steam drm was forced into half life and cs, no one wanted it. Steam lead the charge against game confiscation and adding layers of encryption to steam game files, etc.

No it's fact, Valve is one of the few developers who still support dedicated private servers. L4D2, CSGO, DOTA2, Portal 2... all their recent games support dedicated servers. Most developers don't include those anymore Valve does.

The things you mention in your reply aren't dedicated servers and are a non-sequitur. I was specifically replying to correct your statement about their support for dedicated servers which was wildly wrong. Watch it with the name calling, it works better when you're not totally wrong.

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
11. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 24, 2016, 02:22 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 19:37:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:48:
$15 for one table? Damn that's expensive. Pinball Arcade is my goto pinball game. With actual Ballys, Williams and Gottlieb pinball machines. 21 tables in the first pack for $30.

Y'all Pinball Arcade players need to friend me on Steam so we can compete for highscores. I have all of the tables too.

Whoa, I haven't played in a long time... This new UI is terrible.
I liked the minimalism of the last one. Certainly looked nicer than this one.

edit: damn every control looks like it's disabled... light gray on gray? who the fuck...

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
8. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 22, 2016, 19:37 Sepharo

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:48:
$15 for one table? Damn that's expensive. Pinball Arcade is my goto pinball game. With actual Ballys, Williams and Gottlieb pinball machines. 21 tables in the first pack for $30.

Y'all Pinball Arcade players need to friend me on Steam so we can compete for highscores. I have all of the tables too.

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
9. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 21, 2016, 03:34 Sepharo

Damn I just bought this at a not sale price a few months ago.  

7639 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo