Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8112 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime Changes
2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Aug 20, 2018, 20:58 Sepharo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:01:
Twitch Turbo is ad-free for $8.99/mo. So, Twitch Prime is now basically worthless as an included service with Amazon Prime. They throw some free games at you every month, but it's mostly shovelware crap, along with the occasional hat or whatever.

Because of ad blocking I didn't even realize that Twitch Prime removing ads was even a feature.
The main use of Twitch Prime to me was always that free monthly subscription... and according to the new formulation, that free sub will still remove ads for that channel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week
7. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 20, 2018, 02:25 Sepharo

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 19:17:
Should have remastered 3. Loved that game.

Yeah I'm not even exactly sure I've played Paradise but I played a ton of 3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2018, 02:03 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 11:20:
Thing with pc's, the internet and a lot of people, when something happens to you, there are always others that it has happened to as well. So it's easy to feel "we got a big problem", I wont say this particular one is or not, but it's easy to fall into belief.

Using Win10 for a while now, haters be damned, you can see the difference here vs all their previous O/S's. They really are adding new features and tweaks as they go along, it's real and it is a nice model (as long as they still allow me to admin my system). It makes the O/S more dynamic and fresh. I hope this is to be the last win O/S they release as they allude to. I like this plan better as updating to a new O/S's isn't some great "can't wait for it moment" either. USE FULL SYSTEM BACKUPS AND PC LIFE IS BETTER, ITS INSURANCE FOR YOUR PC.

I like the new features and look for sure.
I don't like that it has been my most unstable windows version to date.
This is my 3rd install of it too.

And it's the same story for the work laptop Windows 10 as well.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
79. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 17, 2018, 17:13 Sepharo

Derek is at war with everyone and always, so even if you approach him politely and as a fellow, he probably thinks it's some kind of ruse.
Hence your blocking.

But lol at how fast he went from a good source to "Blue never post anything from him again"

edit: Speak of Cao Cao and Cao Cao arrives.

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week
4. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 13:39 Sepharo

Yeah Wreckfest kicks ass.
I was a big fan of Burnout and wish they'd make a new one... but Wreckfest is good stuff too. Perfect mix or arcade and simulation IMO

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
23. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 03:24 Sepharo

Is this some kind of performative art piece related to the plagiarism IGN thing?

I thought you meant you cleaned up like swear words or something, which would still be weird, but not nearly as weird as this...

"I don't know how CIG can settle this when they don't, in my humble estimation, have the funds to do so.
A vital part of the "exclusivity" section that some people (apparently even Internet lawyers) are missing or ignoring is the judge's notes at the bottom of page 11."
And the original:
"I don't see how they can even settle this, when they don't even have the money to do so. They're on the hook for MILLIONS.
A key part of the "exclusivity" section that some people (apparently even Internet lawyers) are missing/ignoring is the judge's notes at the bottom of p11."

That was just the sentence I checked, if the rest is like this... man.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
84. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 14, 2018, 19:23 Sepharo

I liked Jerykk's 2012 take on this topic.

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=131738

Particularly this part:
You're still arguing legality and not practical results. Once again, nobody is disputing that people are allowed to buy and sell used games. However, when used games are bought and sold, neither the developer or publisher sees compensation. Whether or not they deserve to see compensation is another matter entirely, but the fact remains that they don't see any.

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
22. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 18:11 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:10:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 13:02:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 00:52:
Too bad I'm too old now to be competitive... I used to love dominating Q3A and UT using brains and lightning quick reflexes. Map control,
sound awareness, item spawn awareness, baiting with controlled items/map sections, optimizing roaming patterns etc.

Unless they got some bots fun going in the retail build, I think I'll pass. But HAVE FUN KIDS! This is a great game for 35s and younger.
I hope you mean too old as in not enough time.
Or are you like 70?
Should be no problem getting back into it and start owning again. Just need some training, as in playing 6h+ a day.
Poes Law right?
I don't think any amount of training can return the quick twitch (non carpal tunnel damaged) nerves and skills that we had in our 20's.

Because there is not one person in this photo of a recent tournament who is a day over 27.

Yeah right.
I am 41 myself and I can own 20 year olds, if I commit to it like a 20 year old who has a lot of time.
I tested it last year with CSGO for a few months. It all came back to me. The problem is most old people simply dont have enough time. They have a full time job, family and other responsibilities, or even hobbies.
I never believed this "youre to old for this and that", because most of the time its simply not true. If you believe it, its true, because you make yourself fail with a pessimistic view like that.

+1
All this.
But 32 here.

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
11. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 11:24 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 00:59:
If it doesn't require a squad wipe to kick you to observation mode they're going to fuck it up.

That's effectively how BRs work in squads anyway.
And seeing that they've been showing off the new revive system, it's already in line with BR conventions.

News Comments > Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week
10. Re: Battlefield V Closed Alpha Next Week Aug 10, 2018, 11:22 Sepharo

fawker wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 10:17:
flavor of the year

we'll be looking back at this in no time saying remember that?

just like planking or ice bucket challenge

A three year flavor.

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
147. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 19:19 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 19:00:
What a waste of fucking time. I asked you to show me where I said anything akin to "They called me a whitey!". You failed miserably. Thanks for that.

I didn't say you said that... I used it as an example of what I would consider racism against whites.
And you were not clear in asking what you wanted an example of, I thought you wanted example of you talking about racism against whites... which is damn near all you've been talking about.

But I am pretty confused why you're so hostile to that earlier summary.

Is that not the core of your argument?
That "white privilege" discussion is racist against whites?
And does that not, for you, mostly rest on swapping "white" with "black"? Paraphrasing, "If blacks we're treated this way it would be considered racism."

I disagree with the first, and the second doesn't make sense in context... and no that context isn't just because of skin color but because of history, society, implicit and in some cases explicit bias. Your National Review article even acknowledges you can't just simply make the "swap" argument (though it engages in it before later making that acknowledgement).

143. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:59 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:56:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 18:53:
You don't remember repeatedly equating discussion of "white privilege" with racism against white people?

Lol, don't lower yourself like that. You know what I mean. Where did I use anecdotal cases of anti-white racism to make a point?

No I don't know what you mean. I haven't spent two days whining about racism against whites.

Sorry for the ramshackle, context free presentation, but there was a lot to read through and copy/paste.

When this dude drinks from a mug with the words "White Tears" on it, we see it for what it is: racism.

He obviously believes white people are racist by default and if that belief alone isn't racist, he also causes division by his tweets and photos of "white tears" mugs.

What if I criticized a movement like BLM with tweets of me drinking from a mug that says "Black Tears"? It's not that hard to figure out, unless you are among those idiots who think individual racism toward whites is impossible.

It's the "Fuck white people, bring in more diversity!" agenda

Change "white" to "black" and understand where I'm coming from. We do not want to go there. It is counter-productive. It's a clear case where "fighting fire with fire" is a bad idea. It's inciting a fucking race war, by making it about race.

The moment you use my skin color as something that is bad, I have a problem with you. That's not white tears. That's a reasonable person saying fuck you to people with racist ideas.

If racist fucks like Jared Taylor somehow get anything to do with a thread on Bluesnews, know that I'll quote your above comment if you open your mouth about it

All this hate toward whiteness in general from much of the leftist media -- not all! -- is a very divisive and dangerous thing. Like Sarah Jeong getting a job at The New York Times, for example. Search "racist tweets by sarah jeong" and it will blow your fucking mind that she gets a platform like NYT. #CancelWhitePeople

And yet there seems to be a fringe minority of critical thinking people who do not feel too guilty or ashamed of their whiteness to also spot anti-white racism, and push against that with all their energy, knowing that racism of any kind is equally terrible.

So any time when I denounce anti-white racism

Same with anti-racism. However, when I walk the street minding my own business, I will have a problem with someone walking up to me and screaming in my face how terrible it is. Especially when that person uses my skin color against me to, ironically, make his point.

White Privilege is just a divisive word with a racist connotation.

If a white person works in a place where 92% of his colleagues are black, I can win money all day betting that this white guy can come up with anecdotal evidence for "Black Privilege".

I'm definitely not going to roll over when people bitch about my skin color to empower the skin color of others.

White Privilege, despite what it perhaps once intended to mean, is now a divisive and toxic thing.

An anti-white vibe as emerged all over the internet.

We are no longer the majority, we're the evil whites. We are the color of our skin.

You say "they shouldn't" while I say that the anti-white trend shouldn't be there in the first place. It is counter-productive. And it is a threat. You cannot help a "demonized" group by demonizing the group that -- allegedly -- demonizes that group.

Or does it enable white-hating motherfuckers to spread their hatred with abandon while being applauded by the confused people and desperate virtue hunters sick of white-guilt?

Sorry, but if my concerns about the anti-white trend makes me a fragile whitey in your eyes... then I indeed don't know how I can make you see reason.

Oh wait, I can. I just need some blacks to make my arguments for me, it seems.

Oh and not from this thread but who can forget that time you were bumped in the bus and got a "psh, white people!"

140. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:53 Sepharo

You don't remember repeatedly equating discussion of "white privilege" with racism against white people?

136. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 18:02 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 16:39:
Sepharo, Beamer...

Any of you willing to educate RedEye on what my position is? Seems he can only think in absolutes and he gives me a fuming-mouth impression. Maybe he'll see reason from the guys on the other side of the discussion.

RedEye,
Quinn thinks that discussion of white privilege amounts to racism against white people.
Also he is very fond of replacing "white" with "black" and resting his case.

edit: Just noticed this bit from you, "the anti-white rhetoric [...] it's happening, and it's a fact you and I agree on."
No this is not something we agree on and something I have explained repeatedly to you. "White privilege" is not anti-white rhetoric, it's not negative against whites... it is the acknowledgement of the LACK of negative effects of being white when compared to those of being black or some other minority in this society. It is the recognition that you haven't suffered to the same degree based solely on your race.
I'm sure you must have noticed by now but I have not engaged with any of your white racism examples or anything of that sort... I have been specifically talking about "white privilege" and how the concept triggers some. If someone walks up to you on the street, spits in your face, and says "fuck you whitey!" then sure that's racism, no doubt about that. But if someone points out your white privilege when you're let go with a warning instead of being arrested, or when someone points out that video game protagonists are overwhelmingly white... no that's not racism against white people.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2018, 18:26.

123. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 9, 2018, 07:32 Sepharo

Yes that second article very much resembles your thoughts on the matter. I wouldn't call it calm reason though.

The first article appears to be more a description of the history of the examination of whiteness in America. That's in contrast to the second article that isn't a retrospective but rather just the typical bemoaning of that examination. The section labeled "Racism Begets Racism" literally contains the description of white fragility I've been using. Did you read the whole NY Times article? The last paragraph makes the same observation that The National Review article makes. Sometimes when white people are reminded they're white (and the societal significance that carries) they sometimes react poorly and could lash out. The difference appears to be that some blame the reminders for this reaction where others blame the reactors.

I don't react that way, my friends don't react that way, but I know people who do and there's sure no lack of them on the internet. But everything is amplified here, both sides if you will.

121. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 8, 2018, 19:47 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 16:30:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 14:51:
No I would not describe a black person as exhibiting white fragility because that wouldn't make any sense. They cannot be knowingly or unknowingly anxious and upset about losing their privileged status based on race in American society because they don't have a privileged status based on race... it's very much the opposite.

Alright. So when they express the same annoyance/objections as the white person, they must have other reasons for it than the white person? Because, as you agree, "white fragility" cannot be applied to them.

I guess you're still just genuinely confused or willfully ignorant.
I'm not really sure how I can explain it any further. Good luck to you.

119. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 8, 2018, 14:51 Sepharo

No I would not describe a black person as exhibiting white fragility because that wouldn't make any sense. They cannot be knowingly or unknowingly anxious and upset about losing their privileged status based on race in American society because they don't have a privileged status based on race... it's very much the opposite.  

117. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 8, 2018, 00:02 Sepharo

To be clear, I'm likely insulting someone when I use "white fragility".
"White privilege" is not meant to be insulting, but when you fly off the handle at the mere mention of it (more than a few times), or make collages of posts calling for diversity in video game protagonists as if they're part of some bad(?) agenda... That's white fragility in a nutshell.

But yeah, when you make a bunch of posts bemoaning white people and they don't always contain proper context and slip from targeted criticism to general insults... and you do so publicly, and representing your company, you could and maybe should probably get fired... still not sure if he was or not though.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
21. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 21:09 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 18:43:
Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 13:31:
I don't particularly want to have 17 fucking launchers on my system, all of which need updates every other day, but such is life.

That's MS #1 mistake for PC gaming ever. They should have had that in XP and they should have kept royalties low being an open platform. Oh well that ship sailed, where Steam ends up, we'll see. They still have plenty of hits, but definitely fewer now. I just look at launcher as part of the icon I click (or equivalent) and the sign in is just part of the process now.

Steam launched as platform for distributing Valve patches. Then a platform for distributing whole Valve games. And the finally a platform for selling other games (where they get a percentage of the cut and distribute patches and if desired help with DLC infrastructure, achievements, anti-cheat, etc). Nobody would have ever accepted any of those steps from MS. Most went kicking and screaming with it being Valve and on their own games initially.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
19. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 17:55 Sepharo

When we would go the LAN parties we would always bring a CD spindle of all of our games that we'd potentially play. Sharpie that CD key right on the disc.

I remember I essentially had 3 spindles, games, movies and blanks.

They're actually still in the basement in my box o' games, still organized the same way I'm sure.

8112 Comments. 406 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo