Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8806 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delay Won't Prevent Crunch Jan 17, 2020, 14:58 Sepharo

While nobody wants to crunch.... and crunch shouldn't be planned.... and it does show bad planning....

There's a difference between constant crunch and wrap-up crunch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Disintegration Open Beta Signups

1. Re: Disintegration Open Beta Signups Jan 16, 2020, 02:42 Sepharo

No disintegrations.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

98. Re: Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 16, 2020, 02:26 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 02:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 18:19:
No sane person would ever claim that those 120+ posts over 5 years aren't defending SC.
Just go read a few.

edit: You think kxmode is derek smart lol

wat

In his post history, multiple times.
He says now he's joking but it didn't sound like it at the time:
"on the other hand, your comments here and on other sites leads me to think DS smurf account, I could be wrong"

what a zinger, right?

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

106. Re: Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 15, 2020, 00:30 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2020, 00:17:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 23:58:
NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 23:45:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 23:40:
Tim did not take his Fortnite fortune and spend it on exclusives and freebies only to create a second-rank platform.

Uh, they'd be #2 whether they made only 10% of what Steam does, or if they made a dollar less than Steam every year. It's almost certain they expected to be #2, since in the entire range of possible levels of success they could achieve, almost all of it involves being #2.

When one company has basically the entire market, you don't need to get a very big piece of the pie to get some serious financial success.

I know the way he wrote it... but I don't think he literally meant "2nd place".
"Second-rate" probably would have been better, like "third-rate" doesn't mean 3rd place... it's very far from that.
No, he means 2nd place. Read his previous posts.

Ahh you're right. Just saw that in post #89.

I still get both sentiments though.
I do think they're in it to win it... but it's a long game and they're taking a shortcut.

I guess to combine the concepts I'd say, they're not going to get 1st place with a second-rate platform and free games

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

102. Re: Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 23:58 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 23:45:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 23:40:
Tim did not take his Fortnite fortune and spend it on exclusives and freebies only to create a second-rank platform.

Uh, they'd be #2 whether they made only 10% of what Steam does, or if they made a dollar less than Steam every year. It's almost certain they expected to be #2, since in the entire range of possible levels of success they could achieve, almost all of it involves being #2.

When one company has basically the entire market, you don't need to get a very big piece of the pie to get some serious financial success.

I know the way he wrote it... but I don't think he literally meant "2nd place".
"Second-rate" probably would have been better, like "third-rate" doesn't mean 3rd place... it's very far from that.

84. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 19:34 Sepharo

As a rule I don't usually comment on spelling or grammar much...
But I love "defecto"

92. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 14, 2020, 18:47 Sepharo

I'm not falling flat, you're just denying plain reality.
You defend SC. You do it all the time.
And then you say you don't.

89. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 14, 2020, 18:19 Sepharo

No sane person would ever claim that those 120+ posts over 5 years aren't defending SC.
Just go read a few.

edit: You think kxmode is derek smart lol

87. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 14, 2020, 18:11 Sepharo

NasWulf wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 18:08:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 16:06:
NasWulf wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 16:02:
Yep, go ahead smart guy. Get back to me when you find your magic bullet.

A much more difficult challenge would be finding a post that's not defending this game.

Edit: It took a bit, but I did manage to find one. Here's a post that seemingly has nothing to do with SC:
A response to someone saying WoW ruined MMOs

You should hang onto this for the next time someone calls you a single issue poster. This is the proof that that's not true!
With this evidence, only 122 of your 123 posts are defending SC, not all of them.

Wait what? Huh? Wait, I thought you were going to single handedly show that I am on a crusade to justify SC and THAT is what you come up with? A post about Diablo mobile?..... wow

You don't read so well.

Anyway here's a link to your first post defending SC

Just imagine I also linked every single other post you've made here, with the exception of that post about WoW that I previously linked.

83. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 14, 2020, 16:06 Sepharo

NasWulf wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 16:02:
Yep, go ahead smart guy. Get back to me when you find your magic bullet.

A much more difficult challenge would be finding a post that's not defending this game.

Edit: It took a bit, but I did manage to find one. Here's a post that seemingly has nothing to do with SC:
A response to someone saying WoW ruined MMOs

You should hang onto this for the next time someone calls you a single issue poster. This is the proof that that's not true!
With this evidence, only 122 of your 123 posts are defending SC, not all of them.

81. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 14, 2020, 15:35 Sepharo

NasWulf wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 13:07:
Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 12:10:
I didn't say you had spent a dime.
But you have a very closed mind about the game. You may think you're being neutral, but you're being kind of a fanatic. You're a defense force for something that isn't owed, and doesn't deserve. Let people think the development is a joke. If the game comes out and is incredible, they look like fools. If it never comes out, or if it sucks, you look like a fool.

No one wants to look the way Derek Smart has in all of this.

No but others have , kind of a wulf thing. And please , tell me in any of my post where I have defended SC the game as a do or die, or even defend the game it self. I believe I've even said the exact same thing about if it fails or if it succeeds and the people who post here. And ya, I'd agree no one wants to look like DS anywhere.

Last post I promise, I just couldn't leave that un checked because seems if you post anything here on a SC thread that is not negative, then you MUST be a fan boyee.

You're aware that we can read your post history by clicking your name right?

News Comments > GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting

3. Re: GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting Jan 13, 2020, 21:37 Sepharo

Microsoft couldn't be arsed to indefinitely support a tiny, likely hands-off, piece of service infrastructure, so get fucked!  

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

49. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jan 11, 2020, 22:45 Sepharo

CthulhuFan wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 20:10:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 15:29:
CthulhuFan wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 14:31:
NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 11:12:
Unions aren't viable as a one time thing that pops up and gets you a nice contract that lasts forever. You need an organization that can foot the bill for lawyers and handle all the shit that a gaggle of random employees who aren't experts in labor law can't do. Plus considering that companies love to do shady shit to keep people from forming a union in the first place, it's not something you want to give up once you have it.

A contract with an organization that no longer exists doesn't really have much teeth.
I would argue that is the point of a PAC.

1. A pro-employee PAC gets its funding from unions.
This should be funded by individuals

2. Even a PAC funded by unions can't compete with the amount of money, access, and lobbying that a corporation can afford to spend, and thanks to cases like Citizens United, there is no upper limit corporations can spend promoting their views and getting their legislation passed.
I'm going to need a source on that shit. I do, however, agree that funding for local elections should be limited to locals/constituents. Outside influence in a local area should not be tolerated.

3. The amount of influence corporations have on legislation is documented here:
Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.
Emphasis mine.

Yeah, I don't think we disagree here. You're talking about "Chrony Capitalism". I don't like it either.

Dead

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 10, 2020, 15:00 Sepharo

afka Rossini wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 09:54:
Whatever happened to "Walk softly and carry a big stick."? Wouldn't a better tweet have been a low key announcement we killed some Iraqi terrorist leaders. Then when it came out Soleimani perished in that attack we could have been like "Oh my! Our bad. BTW what on earth was an Iranian General doing talking to terrorists Iraq?" Whatever

Because that's not how it went down. We got him to fly to Iraq via a ruse that Saudi Arabia wanted Iraq to mediate between Iran and U.S.
He arrived at the airport, and joined up with an Iraqi general... and then as they left we bombed them both.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2020, 02:40 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 00:42:
this is not a streaming friendly game. half of the time you are just voyaging across the ocean manning different parts of a ship. not really what people tune into twitch for. elite 360 noscopes are few and far between here.

also, gotta take game pass numbers into that equation. not everyone who played this one extensively had bought it.

I dunno, I watched Summit play this for a month.
You might have a different definition of streamer friendly...
Downtime is streamer friendly

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

22. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 10, 2020, 02:37 Sepharo

Bodolza wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 19:41:
Drath71 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 19:14:
If Obama had done it, the media and libs would be gushing over his bravery and how many lives he saved, and had every right.

Then you've got a short memory. Obama ordered plenty of drone strikes, and they were very controversial at the time from both sides. Of course, the same Repubs that attacked Obama's strikes are supporting Trump, but that's no surprise to anyone at this point. We all know they have no actual moral standards.

None of those drone strikes targeted the general of a recognized nation, let alone one so high up in the leadership.
Obama did target an American citizen who had joined the terrorists. And a few weeks later his 16 year old son. And more recently Trump got his 8 year old daughter.
The drone attacks that started under Bush, expanded greatly under Obama, have exploded under Trump, but he discontinued the policy of releasing the numbers... and needing presidential approval.
A lot of innocent people have been killed as bystanders and mistakes.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2020, 19:19 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 19:18:
So Carmack is calling bullshit on streaming’s excessive power usage?

No he's calling bullshit on the numbers given by Big Think.

News Comments > Overwatch 2 This Year?

13. Re: Overwatch 2 This Year? Jan 8, 2020, 18:56 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 18:38:
Rolleyes

No, this is Blizzard, which you even acknowledge has some autonomy about 15 seconds after trying to be a smart-ass. Here, I'll update my post to make explicit what 95% of people would easily infer.

It's definitely Activision Blizzard. It's okay, you made a minor mistake. I'm not trying to own you or anything or be a smart ass.
But I can definitely imagine Activision Blizzard prioritizing eSports/community over sequels... because that's what they said they would do and for the most part have been doing...

"In the future, Kotick said Activision-Blizzard will invest primarily in live services, Battle.net, and esports, with a focus on the following franchises: Candy Crush, Call of Duty, Overwatch, Warcraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone."

edit: Also on the EA side of things... all Battlefield V updates are all free this time around. I was just playing the new US/Japan free expansion (new factions, maps, weapons, vehicles, missions, etc.) the other day.

10. Re: Overwatch 2 This Year? Jan 8, 2020, 17:46 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 17:34:
This is the right way to do an incremental multiplayer sequel. We all know they make most of their money from the microtransactions anyway, so why splinter the playerbase with a new standalone game? Could you imagine EA or Activision updating their shooters with all the content they'd put in a sequel for free, and only charge you for a new campaign? Yeah, right...

... This is Activison though.

My theory is that the stuff bundled in OW2 were just regular free planned updates like OW has been doing all along. But after the Activision/Blizzard scandals they knew they needed a really big BlizzCon... So Diablo 4, new WoW expansion, new Hearthstone expansion... and uh... hey what do you OW guys have? Okay bundle all that up and call it OW2... "But that will destroy the competitive scene we're making and our commitments to the community..." and they were then allowed to structure it this way so the new heroes, maps, updates, etc. would still be available to OW1.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2020, 17:16 Sepharo

theglaze wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 16:28:
NKD wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 12:07:
Well it's not much of a sequel for sure. All new heroes, and maps, and PvP game modes will also be in Overwatch, and the PvP is crossplay. Seems like all you need to buy Overwatch 2 for is the cooperative PvE modes.

True, but I bet there will be specific skins and other customizations that will only be available to OW2 owners. Normally I don't bite on that kind of stuff... but I MUST own everything awesome for Zenny.

They already said that wasn't going to be the case... but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
Apparently the only thing that's OW2-only is the two new PvE modes.

I also have every Zen bit

8806 Comments. 441 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >