Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 8252 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned
42. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 22, 2019, 23:44 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 15:54:
Kain wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 14:51:
This isn't people tweaking the config files for the game. They are going into Nvidia Inspector and toggling very specific settings at the driver level to achieve this. It is definitely cheating. That said, no one cares because the game is a hot mess. Having played a lot of BF V, I can almost understand otherwise reasonable players wanting to do this. It is really hard to discern your opponents in this game. Poor color palette choices, camo and their hideous forced smearing anti-aliasing all contribute to major visibility problems. There are several Youtube videos that demonstrate this more effectively to outsiders, google them to see some examples.

Would you call some of the stuff here cheating?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1315092927

Not asking leadingly, just curious.

In that guide the only things that even approach this are labeled:
Optimal Nvidia 3D settings inside Nvidia Control Panel
and
VibranceGUI

The first appears to be all performance related and normal things to tweak.
The second appears to be gamma/color vibrancy related.

While both of those allow changing visual settings outside of the game, neither will lower the detail of textures within the game let alone remove textures (such as the foliage in BFV).

Once you start talking about something like that, removing textures that normally obscure your view from a tool outside the game... that's definitely cheating.

Edit wtf: So I was just playing CS for a few hours. Took a break, checked out bluesnews. Followed that link from Beamer again, poked around, but didn't download anything or change anything on my system. Went back to go play some more CS, and I played for a few minutes and then was kicked from the server automatically and received this:
"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."
This being the guide that's linked if you have questions:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837

Is Valve detecting simply visiting those guides as possible modification?
Or is this just a super weird coincidence and vac (or my computer) is just being weird.
This shit better not be happening tomorrow too...

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2019, 04:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned
41. Re: Battlefield 5 Graphics Cheaters Banned Jan 22, 2019, 23:39 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 18:45:
Putting in the option to lower to potato quality and then forgetting to QA for exploitative gameplay is all on Devs, not the players. It's not true hacking or exploiting since it's a graphical setting that's part of the game.

That's not what happened. Watch the video, read the comments here, it's editing driver config files, not game settings or game files.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Ambush Plans
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Ambush Plans Jan 20, 2019, 02:40 Sepharo

If you click the first link it says that it is a sniper only mode.
And also the circle doesn't stop moving.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway Jan 18, 2019, 11:39 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 06:09:
bigspender wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 06:04:
the problem with all Battle Royale games is that you are at a huge disadvantage to shoot, or get kills up until the end of the game where you make the final kill or two in order to win.

It's kind of weird to play a shooter where you are effectively punished to shoot.

Not really. The good thing about the genre is theres different ways to play, it's up to the player. When you first pickup the game you'll probably have one goal - to be #1. After a while your goal will likely to change, to be #1 but with a lot of kills. Then you will continually try and beat your kill record whilst coming #1.

Which to me at least, is far more challenging and rewarding than trying to top a scoreboard round after round on a tiny map on repeat.

Though I do have a couple of friends who enjoy the genre because they can just play passive and just try and kill the last guy. To each their own.

And that's not even getting into the "clear your area" strategy where kills are important to getting to #1 regardless of if you care about a high kill count or not. You won't have to camp in a room in the center of the circle if you play the edges and actively engage any enemy you're aware of nearby.
In fact to counter the idea that "you are effectively punished to shoot", I'd say that not shooting is more debilitating. You're likely to be surrounded by players that you aren't aware of and will be at a great disadvantage if you play silently and avoiding encounters until late... Also your gear will be handicapped if you're not looting bodies (that you make by killing them), it's a pyramid scheme, you need those bodies under you gathering up the best weapons, meds, and ammo if you want to be properly supplied for the end game.

News Comments > while True: learn() Released
6. Re: while True: learn() Released Jan 18, 2019, 03:38 Sepharo

All uppercase for constants is a deprecated standard.
Microsoft standard and thus c# and much of the .NET community and style enforcement tools, has been for a while simply PascalCasing
that is to say not any different from any other public member

4. Re: while True: learn() Released Jan 18, 2019, 02:32 Sepharo

The language in the title of the game is Python btw

the correct c#, java, c++ equivalent
is in the secret text of my first reply
vb.net is very similar as well

2. Re: while True: learn() Released Jan 17, 2019, 20:16 Sepharo

Different languages exist...

and please don't ever use a string to store "True"

while(true) Learn();

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Free Trial Underway Jan 17, 2019, 20:12 Sepharo

Between Blackout, Fortnite, and PUBG ... I'll take PUBG.

Blackout has much better movement (not clunky) but I find the map boring, the weapons underwhelming, and the gun fights are... too fast. Not in TTK, as I've argued here before, you really gotta spray people down, but just the movement speed and the heal speed are too fast. I had much more fun playing classic DM in BO4.

Fortnite has better weapons and gun fight IMO, but I can't stand the hyper building aspect.

Finally that leaves PUBG... I just think it's the definitive entry in the genre... it feels the most like a battle royale. Wide open spaces, looting and making good use of the cards you've been dealt. Slower fights (but less bullet hits for a kill). It feels real-er.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Going on a Diet: Will Require Redownload
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2019, 20:06 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 11:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 03:15:
The reduced size is probably due to the elimination of localized uncompressed language files. I guess it sold so poorly that they were able to remove all the spoken Swahili, Tagalog, Bulgarian, etc. from the game.

I presume you jest, but the real reason seems to be at least as bad. The following sounds like it comes from a first-time developer:

Changes to how we generate game updates/patches will better enable us to manage future content being added to the game. This might mean that patch sizes increase slightly in the future, but the benefit is that the game install size wonít increase significantly. If we didnít make this change, the game install size would continue to increase, taking up more and more of your hard drive space.

I remember this happening with a Battlefield some versions ago if I remember right.
Each patch was larger and larger until some of the last patches were larger than the original game or something crazy like that.

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
44. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 20:05 Sepharo

ReactorCore wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 11:54:
It still takes a man and a woman to have a baby. Not sure why this is so shocking and upsetting to folks.

It's not. You should probably read the actual story.

31. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 00:42 Sepharo

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 00:11:
Awetopsy wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 23:58:
Ive been playing the game avoiding any romantic relationships... because I dont want them. Im kinda disappointed that this dlc will force it on me.

This is the exact same approach I took too. Cant stand all this BS in games.

So you commiserate with the others. Your RPG character was forced into a relationship that you didn't intend them to have and previously wasn't a necessary aspect in the base game.

30. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 00:39 Sepharo

I get the impression that a lot of people here didn't actually read Blue's write-up or the links.

It's a laziness/cheapness problem. They broke their own game narrative.
In the base game they allowed players to have gay romance and then in the DLC instead of coming up with a way to handle that previous choice they forced a hetero relationship. Could have spent some extra time and money to make sure they didn't break the player's story.

They also let you pick to play as female or male right? It'd be like if the DLC came out and as you continued your story and entered the DLC content suddenly you were the opposite sex in the cutscenes etc. ... bad production quality. Apology was due.

News Comments > J.J. Abrams/Valve Movie Collaboration is Still a Thing
3. Re: J.J. Abrams/Valve Movie Collaboration is Still a Thing Jan 16, 2019, 19:47 Sepharo

All Valve progress comes from new blood.
So yeah they're hiring themselves into a state of activity again.
And once they release whatever it is, back into hibernation.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jan 16, 2019, 18:07 Sepharo

D-Rock wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 14:13:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 19:10:
I played computer games every available minute of my life when I was kid. And in high school CS specifically. Didn't cause me no problems.

Ummm...it made you not learn teh grammers real good. I bet you played gaemz in the grammers class too!

There's a difference between a choice in words and a mistake.

But I can type really fast while holding the shift key since capslock didn't use to work in game chat.

News Comments > Steam Tackling Store Discoverability Again
10. Re: Steam Tackling Store Discoverability Again Jan 15, 2019, 19:35 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 09:01:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 23:35:
Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 20:50:
Threatened with obsolescence in the near future Valve finally decides to start doing some stuff they should have done a decade ago. Too little too late methinks.

You really are clueless. This has nothing to do with "obsolescence." This is an iteration to the machine-learning logic they already added to the Discovery system a year ago. And as Redeye notes, Steam is THE largest PC gaming platform. If you put all the PC gaming platforms together they wouldn't even come close to Steam.

If you want clueless, look in a mirror. If you can't see the writing on the wall for where games are headed - and you clearly can't - you're the one needing a clue. What exactly do you think this flurry of activity is about? Epic's store is only the first shot fired. Give your head a shake and make an attempt at grasping the big picture, if you're capable.

Give us a date.
I've got Creston down for 3 years (2022) they'll be out of business.
What's your prediction?

News Comments > Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Broken Toys Released
2. Re: Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Broken Toys Released Jan 15, 2019, 18:07 Sepharo

a little bit of reading never hurt nobody  

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
7. Re: Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today Jan 14, 2019, 23:36 Sepharo

MattyC wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 23:23:
Some SMG love (both bug fix and buff types) was much needed, so that is nice.

However, I see no mention of them fixing quit. The fact that it is far quicker for me to kill the task and relaunch the game than it is to get back to the main menu with the given quit option from the freaking post match screen (of all things) is just mind boggling.

Yeah loading menus takes longer than loading maps somehow.
I feel like a chump for buying this game to be honest since I hate so much about it. Should have skipped a release.

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
4. Re: Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today Jan 14, 2019, 22:56 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 20:57:
Oh right, i forgot about the co-op. I guess that's "real" content. We'll see how many people will actually play it. I've known very few who's even played the SP... shooting bots is boring. But shooting bots in co-op would def be moore fun than SP...

They had co-op in BF3, and it was pretty neat, but fleeting. The kitsch wears off pretty fast.

I did a few of the first few missions and was surprised to see that they (well at least one that I remembered) aren't totally linear. Being my usual freak self, at the start of the mission, I promptly turned away from the objectives and started running in the opposite direction. I climbed a big hill and saw and airport in the distance, "is that in map and playable?" and ran all the way over to it... stole a plane and proceeded to blow up all the objectives from the air. They gave me an achievement for doing that, and I suppose a mission that should have taken an hour or longer instead was a few minutes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2019, 16:50 Sepharo

Nice to see Raft still making the Top 10.
Polished and enjoyable with a unique spin.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2019, 19:10 Sepharo

I played computer games every available minute of my life when I was kid. And in high school CS specifically. Didn't cause me no problems.  

8252 Comments. 413 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo