Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7734 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
20. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 13, 2017, 15:42 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 13:55:
Darks wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 08:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 20:26:
Dacron wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:10:

...need a new psu my pc shuts down after 15 minutes of gaming
I'm curious as to how you narrowed it down to the psu.

I've seen this type of behavior in the past. and yea, it was related to the psu when you put to much load on it. Its either over heating and shuts down, or its just a bad capacitor or other component thats causes it to shut down the power to the psu.

It could also be a filthy case full of dust bunnies (maybe just blowing out the case and psu would help) or a cpu cooler so covered in cat hair that you can't see the fins. The gpu radiator could also be full of dirt or the gpu could be failing.
I troubleshoot computer issues like this for a living, that's why I asked.

Yep I had this exact issue. Bottom mounted power supply got all gunked up with dust. I concentrated all my triage efforts on video cards and other more common fans. Totally forgot that a power supply can overheat and safeguard shutdown as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 18:30 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 17:56:
Someone on another site said they believe this, because there are probably far more fans of a more casual experience than of whatever PUBG is. That Fortnite is short rounds that are a blast while PUBG is long rounds that are tense. That newbies can immediately start getting some kills in Fortnite but it probably takes several before they get one in PUBG. That Fortnite is running around like a happy idiot while PUBG is scrounging for items, running, hiding, not moving much, and ultimately getting shot by someone you never even saw.

I haven't watched a single second of the new Fortnite mode, but I did watch one or two Let's Plays for PUBG (I hate watching people play games, so this is rare for me.) Basically, I wanted to confirm that this wasn't like Day Z, or whatever that zombie ARMA mod I bought and utterly hated was. And... this was pretty close to that. It actually was people mostly hiding and not moving and getting shot by someone they didn't see, and it looked miserable to play solo.

I like action games that focus on action, not tension. I'd hate PUBG. I don't have the patience to spend 20 minutes waiting for something to happen only to die without anything happening. Some people love this. But I'd wager there's a much larger audience like me than like them. Doesn't mean the style of game is better (or worse), just more accessible and more people would enjoy it.

PUBG doesn't really have long rounds, 30 minutes is usually the max. I played 6 or so rounds of Fortnite, it didn't feel much shorter but I recognize it's hard for me to track time like that in a game. In either game it's not really possible to sit for 20 minutes... that zone is going to shift and you're going to be out of bounds and taking damage. Certainly not much of a waiting game, you gotta be on the move to win. You could play it as a camper for sure if you want, but you're not going to get many kills and it would be very unlikely to win that way.

9. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 16:26 Sepharo

My favorite PUBG youtuber (not really interested in live streams), was just paid by Epic to put out another Fortnite video yesterday. He had only played the one at launch (which I believe was also sponsored). It's like he's only returning to play it if Epic pays him.  

News Comments > CS:GO Dust II Revamp
6. Re: CS:GO Dust II Revamp Oct 11, 2017, 20:27 Sepharo

lol at these complaints about Valve doing something they've been doing for 17 years now... very gradually updating CS through quality of life tweaks  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video
8. Re: Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video Oct 9, 2017, 17:18 Sepharo

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway
14. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway Sep 29, 2017, 22:07 Sepharo

The law says you cannot touch... but I think I see a lot of LawBreakers out there  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
41. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 25, 2017, 20:20 Sepharo

ShootMania's default mode was battle royale with a shrinking circle that forces players to encounter each other.

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000017120/Official-ShootMania-Game-Modes-1364550546093

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
6. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 6, 2017, 22:06 Sepharo

aka_STEVE wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 21:29:
SO the game is awesome not for it's gameplay but for grief looting and then selling shit on Steam for ridiculous prices.... .....??

I'm definitely staying away now.

All tradeable/unlockable items are cosmetic.
Items you find during gameplay are only for that game session.
The game uses the same crate/unlock mechanics as many Steam games, notably TF2 and CS:GO... and outside of Steam, Overwatch (though those aren't tradeable). You play for a while and you unlock crates. Some open for free, some you buy a $2 key. Random cosmetic items come out, some are rarer than others, some are more desirable than others... you can sell them on the steam marketplace.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
65. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Sep 1, 2017, 03:15 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 23:30:
It's pretty amazing to see the Valve corporate apologists on here.

"Why should they bother making HL3? They owe their fans nothing!" - Diehard Valve Fan

No apology for them here...
I'm saying their no-management, wheels on desks, flat hiearchy fucking makes it impossible to do much other than buy actual functional development teams and otherwise make hats and steam updates.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
16. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 16:19 Sepharo

Man, all those guys hate each other.
It really does remind you of rock band drama.

News Comments > MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms
8. Re: MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms Aug 30, 2017, 19:01 Sepharo

I can only name the stereotypical examples:
-Quake 3 on Dreamcast could play against PC players
-Shadowrun (2007) let Xbox 360 and PC players play together
-Rocket League - PS4 and PC... later XBone, Switch, and PC together

62. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 30, 2017, 12:50 Sepharo

It really isn't risk.
There are people at Valve trying to make the game, it fails because of lack of commitment and organization to develop such a game.

58. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 29, 2017, 20:37 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 07:24:
I don't know -- it just struck me as completely unfair to imply they are cowards. HL3 is a no win situation for them as far as I can tell. Yeah, it would probably make money, but no matter what they do, hell will rain down on them.

Dude, that's the very same dilemma every human faces when walking out their front door every day. Some people will just shit on them, it's called the human condition.

Being paralyzed by fear is cowardly.

"This thing that everyone wants, that we BUILT our whole brand on, we're not going to fulfil the storyline because waaaaaaah trolls exist. Better to never even try!"

Buck up, grow a pair, and get it done. If you're too scared to do anything because some people might not like it, then you have no business being in a creative field.

The problem with these huge gaming companies like Valve and Acti-Bliz is that they don't take chances. And the fact that we're defining THE MOST REQUESTED game in history (HL3) as "taking a risk"... then we have a big problem. And it's a fucking sequel... why in the hell are we having to beg for a fucking sequel of a top 5 most well-known IPs in gaming history... that's the definition of "low risk"

If they're more concerned with keeping their image and not fulfilling this storyline that's 20 years old, then they're openly shitting on their fans, and are more concerned with utter market dominance rather than making games. Not really a newsflash if you've been paying attention for the last 10 years, but still, I think this is a final nail in the coffin. Valve isn't a gaming company, they're an online 3rd party reseller store. No point in even thinking otherwise.

You're arguing with a made up narrative in the first place...
It has nothing to do with risk and everything to do with motivation.
Their employees can do anything they want at an individual level... that paradigm doesn't support a full length AAA game.
So until everyone decides to work on the same thing (and not quit when the going gets tough) or until Gabe says, "guess what, no more laissez faire... we're all making HL3 and I'm starting by assigning roles" it's not going to happen.

It hasn't happened since Portal 2... and that's because everyone was so happy with Portal (which was mostly developed by new hires) that they couldn't wait to start working on a sequel... The old timers paused their pet projects and went to work on big AAA title... and even then once the going got tough (the tedious, tough things, bugs, QA, translations, etc. etc.) Gabe had to step in and make sure it got finished. Right after that he basically said not to expect another single player game, because he knew it would break his studio paradigm again.

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
1. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 17, 2017, 20:39 Sepharo

wow I thought this came out months ago  

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
11. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 22:08 Sepharo

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 21:15:
"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."

-Mark Twain

Mark Twain was pretty prescient about MP FPS in this regard as well.

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
13. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 19:02 Sepharo

There are people at Valve occasionally working on HL3 but never enough for sustained progress that will result in a timely game.
You have to remember that they (individual employees) can work on whatever they want whenever they want... yet HL3 would certainly be an undertaking that requires the entire company to focus, and that's not going to happen without Gabe making a proclamation from on high... which he hasn't done since Portal 2.

That's why everything they release is small stuff or using 3rd party resources. It has to be accomplished in a short time frame with a small amount of dedicated resources.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: UK Sales Charts Aug 7, 2017, 16:49 Sepharo

Sims 4 just launched on consoles...
Dunno if that's translating into increased sales on PC or if the numbers from the all platforms chart are leaking into the PC one.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 5, 2017, 19:48 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 12:48:
Seeing the comments for that everywhere they run to the effect of 'Never heard the song or of the artist.' So those are either fake numbers or they're coming from repeats in Latin countries. Sounds like it was a guerilla marketing scheme to drive views on it to begin with because obviously everybody is going to now at least check it out.

This is like pure distilled essence de Cutter here.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
15. Re: Embarassing... Jul 29, 2017, 15:27 Sepharo

It's insane how many of you are missing the point of this post from the developer.

This is to reassure people that they won't be banning for baseless claims of stream sniping, and yet somehow apparently all of you think it's the opposite.

News Comments > Overwatch Penalties Expand
6. Re: Overwatch Penalties Expand Jul 26, 2017, 20:44 Sepharo

It's not about playing badly but maliciously playing badly.  

7734 Comments. 387 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo