Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7756 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2017, 15:10 Sepharo

Well I have to work with what you give me... You used piloting as an example, and of all the things to pick from that'd be the worst one if you want to contrast.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2017, 12:14 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 15:48:

There's a difference between Anakin and Luke, and Rey. Luke and Anakin showed force-influenced abilities before getting training, like piloting.

Rey is a pilot and scrapper at the beginning of her story just like Anakin and Luke. Pay attention.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 4, 2017, 21:31 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 18:38:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cland

hland

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 3, 2017, 17:22 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 11:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 22:12:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 15:15:
I was kind of shocked at how hland Thanos looked in the trailer.

Did you eat a thesaurus today? Did it taste good?

Yeah, stupid phone typing, and my bad eyes didn't catch the typo. Glad to know "hland" had an appropriate meaning!

It doesn't

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
8. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 21:52 Sepharo

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:09:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:51:
What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

Err... the Visceral game was gonna be Uncharted Star Wars or Tomb Raider Star Wars (but even shallower probably) and not a (C)RPG.

Oh I might be confusing this with the SW bounty hunter game that was talked about years ago.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 21:47 Sepharo

All the usual suspects letting those bigot flags fly.  

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
3. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 20:51 Sepharo

What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
58. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 20:07 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:10:
I didn't say ruined, reduced. The crates I got were worth $0.01. Being told I earned either a penny or the right to pay $3 is crazy to me. When I play something like CoD, when I get a reward I get something new. When I play CS:GO, it's maybe something new or maybe an opportunity for Valve to make more money from me.

With CoD you're talking about unlockables right?
I fucking hate unlockables. I don't want to grind for weapons. In a MP game all weapons should be accessible to all players from the beginning.

Other than the psychological concerns, and sticking to your experience receiving a reward that you had to pay for... would you have a problem with Overwatch's crates which you can open for free?

57. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 19:59 Sepharo

Dacote wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:27:
"Just" cosmetic items in paid lootcrates are a metastasis of the original cancer. https://youtu.be/NLDid1UNyg8?t=328

I closed that video as soon as he said that Blizzard influenced the industry to start using cosmetic lootboxes. That's not even close to accurate. It was literally baked into Steam for many years before Overwatch was around and the majority of games that offer such a system do it through Steam infrastructure.

Kind of a weird metaphor though...
If you're contrasting cosmetic lootcrates with game affecting P2W ones... metastatis is worse right? How can cosmetic be worse than P2W? The flu compared to cancer maybe

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2017, 20:11.

50. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 18:51 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:53:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:00:
Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 13:36:
I've said it here a hundred times, but the loot box system in CS:GO definitely reduced my enjoyment. It turned something that should have been fun and rewarding into something shallow and cynical.

I understand how Valve-style lootboxes (random/progressive box drops, have to buy the key, random purely-cosmetic item with varying degrees of rarity) can be seen as gambling and are specifically designed to be psychologically addictive/appealing... but I don't understand how that negatively affects anyone who doesn't wish to participate.

Lootboxes with gameplay affecting items, grinds for unlockables, P2W... I definitely get how that ruins a game.
But what's the problem with cosmetic items (aside from potential for addictive spending)?

Because locked crates were a reward. "Congratulations, you earned the right to pay us $3!"

If they were something you could always buy, fine, I wouldn't care. It's that they were treated as a reward that bothered me. Earning something sets off that little animal part of your brain, right, sending endorphins. Then to find out you need to pay $3 to redeem your reward? That's like Nigerian princes telling you that you've inherited $10,000,000 but need to pay them $1,000 to access it. Cynical and frustrating.

It's still a reward, you can sell the unopened box. So instead of spending $3 you can make ~$.50 or anywhere up to ~$50.00 depending on the rarity of the crate. But yeah, I do understand your point, but like I just posted to HorrorScope, I (and I assumed you) was approaching this from the standpoint of already deciding not to participate. CS gameplay is unchanged by the offering of the cosmetic items. If you don't give a shit about the crates I would assume your experience is unchanged. If you really wish you could open the crates, or have a burning desire for a red gun, but yet don't want to spend the money... I guess yeah that could ruin the experience.

49. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 18:42 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:59:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:00:
But what's the problem with cosmetic items (aside from potential for addictive spending)?

That is the problem, nothing to aside to, that isn't good. However you have two flavors, one worse than the other. Random chance cosmetics means you have to spend who knows how much to get what you want. This needs to go to. The other is, you sell a cosmetic for X and get it every time, that is different and more acceptable certainly. But I could see some reviewing that as well.

It's an aside because I'm making the context of my reply about whether it affects those who do not participate.

39. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 15:00 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 13:36:
I've said it here a hundred times, but the loot box system in CS:GO definitely reduced my enjoyment. It turned something that should have been fun and rewarding into something shallow and cynical.

I understand how Valve-style lootboxes (random/progressive box drops, have to buy the key, random purely-cosmetic item with varying degrees of rarity) can be seen as gambling and are specifically designed to be psychologically addictive/appealing... but I don't understand how that negatively affects anyone who doesn't wish to participate.

Lootboxes with gameplay affecting items, grinds for unlockables, P2W... I definitely get how that ruins a game.

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
8. Re: Nov 14, 2017, 01:52 Sepharo

Vio wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 01:18:
Why don't they just quit the game and join another one till their hero is available?

You're penalized for leaving competitive games.

6. Re: Nov 13, 2017, 21:08 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 21:04:
So only one person per character in overwatch?

And Wtf is a non meta hero?

Yep, on a 6 man team you can't have any hero duplicates.
"Off-meta" means something different that what the competitive community considers the ideal team composition given attacking or defending, the map, and other factors.

3. Re: Nov 13, 2017, 21:03 Sepharo

Nobody has ever locked Zen before me...

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sepharo-1760

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
35. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 24, 2017, 01:34 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 18:43:
chickenboo wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:21:
I'm picturing more of a Team Fortress 2 model. Keep the community alive with constant updates, lots of little cosmetics players can buy, a lively competitive scene. Games As Service doesn't necessarily mean Subscription Fees anymore.

From what I see of their attitude and sense of entitlement I'd say they honestly believe that the sun shines out of their asses and will think they can charge for it as a service and get away with it. They're in for a rude awakening if they do. And the fact they're discussing this while their first game is still in EA only confirms that suspicion for me. It reminds me of devs like Crytek who believed their own press and where are they now? On fames backside is where.

Be careful.
You're at risk of collapsing in on yourself and forming a blackhole at this density.

News Comments > Steam Link on the Cheap
10. Re: Steam Link on the Cheap Oct 22, 2017, 19:30 Sepharo

yuastnav wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 05:03:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:49:
If you've got a Samsung Smart TV this functionality is built right in now. Just go to the apps page and download Steam. Hook a USB controller right up to your TV and you're good to go.

I'm amazed at how simple it was.

Huh, thanks. I'll have a look at it. Unfortunately I missed the promotion.

Let me know how it works out for you.
I was surprisingly impressed.

News Comments > Battleborn's Final Update
1. Re: Battleborn's Final Update Oct 22, 2017, 19:29 Sepharo

What they never expected someone to play long enough to reveal that issue?
"Oops, our basic abilities eventually overtake the high cost abilities in effectiveness."

News Comments > Steam Link on the Cheap
7. Re: Steam Link on the Cheap Oct 20, 2017, 16:41 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 16:06:
Each time I move my rent seems to get twice as high and my apartment twice as small, so my computer is now near enough to my TV to run a long HDMI. Which I've done. But not often. It's a bit of a pain, as I have to unplug that cord from my second monitor, and my wireless keyboard seems to cut in and out like mad.

So I picked this up. It'll certainly be easier than running a wire, and maybe I'll just do it for games I'd use a controllger for.

Weren't you someone that had strong opinions in the past about how nobody would do this (hook a computer up to their living room TV)?

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout
15. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 20, 2017, 15:53 Sepharo

I still play the base game, no expansion packs...
still on my first city actually with 122 hours.

Every time one of these DLC comes out there is a corresponding patch that fixes a bunch of stuff and often adds some new free features (better traffic managing tools, day/night controls, etc.)

7756 Comments. 388 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo