Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7597 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 27, 2016, 21:24 Sepharo

Love the wizened old man routine being pulled at Blue's

Ain't no youngins here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
53. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 27, 2016, 04:56 Sepharo

Yeah I'm going to snipe one tidbit from your entire post... Sorry but I'm just not all that interested in discussing the rest.

Task wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 21:23:
A Trump or Hillary presidency will inherit Illegal Torture

Torture was stopped under Obama.
Will not be restarted by Clinton.
Is praised and promised to be restarted by Trump.

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
20. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 04:33 Sepharo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 03:26:
What's really interesting is the only game I played in that entire list is Black & White and it was an epic piece of shit.

Black and White is still one of my favorite games. I can't think of anything else that approaches the level of reward/punish training you could do on your AI pet.

Watching them shit in a field and then cast a rainstorm over it, for the first time all on their own, made the whole thing worth it.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
35. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 24, 2016, 03:59 Sepharo

Jeremiah Wright? Really? This isn't some crazy long term poe's law joke with you right?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
30. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 24, 2016, 01:38 Sepharo

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2016, 01:49.

News Comments > Civilization VI Specifications
6. Re: Civilization VI Specifications Sep 23, 2016, 21:45 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:31:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 20:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 20:09:
No surprise there. It's not like a graphical pig of a game. This is the first Civ I'm going to wait on however. I really don't like how Firaxis is really only selling a partially finished game just to sell DLC to make the game what it should be from the start.

Where are you getting that from? They've said that all the features of Civ 5 with expansions will be in the game at launch. I think that's extremely ambitious but it's what they claimed.

You're waiting on the game because of some DLC civilizations? They've always done that. I don't really give a shit about some extra civs.

I'm wary of that claim to be honest, it sounds like a cheap PR soundbite. Is every feature in with at least as much depth, or do they mean it in general terms "Civ 6 also has diplomacy"?

Yeah I take it to mean that Religion, Spies, UN, Trade Routes, and everything else the expansions added to 5 will be in the base game for 6. I didn't interpret it as those features would operate the same way they do in 5, that'd be kind of ridiculous. But when 5 launched and was missing Religion, Spies, etc. it was kind of an obnoxious omission... Sounds like they won't be doing that. Still, I'll be surprised if they pull it off. They did have no rush though, Civ 5 and expansions did and still sell well and are top played PC games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 20:25 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 22:10:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 21:04:
I haven't bought or played the game... but the walker sentinels do exist. I've seen them while watching others play.

What I mean is they only appear after the wanted level reaches a certain amount. I suspect a constant firefight with waves of sentinels is the only way to get the wanted level up to 4 and 5-stars enough to trigger their appearance. I have yet to accomplished this. The problem is I have only ever seen a couple of the low-level sentinels patrolling. Moreover, I dispatch them too quickly to get my warrant level passed 2. That is why I think Walkers do not exist. On the random ~40 planets I visited I have never encountered them.

Maybe they are like The Illuminati and UFOs.

Nope they definitely exist and it's definitely possible to see them in the game through normal play.
You made a list of screenshots depicting things that you don't think exist. You're probably right about most of them but you're not right about that one.
I never got 120 stars on Mario 64 but that doesn't mean that Yoshi isn't on the roof of the castle.

News Comments > Civilization VI Specifications
2. Re: Civilization VI Specifications Sep 23, 2016, 20:13 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 20:09:
No surprise there. It's not like a graphical pig of a game. This is the first Civ I'm going to wait on however. I really don't like how Firaxis is really only selling a partially finished game just to sell DLC to make the game what it should be from the start.

Where are you getting that from? They've said that all the features of Civ 5 with expansions will be in the game at launch. I think that's extremely ambitious but it's what they claimed.

You're waiting on the game because of some DLC civilizations? They've always done that. I don't really give a shit about some extra civs.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 23, 2016, 20:06 Sepharo

Hey look a totally normal guy who doesn't spend his days obsessing over the "other" which happens in this case to be Muslims.

That wall of text is like a compilation the greatest hits of internet bigots.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 23, 2016, 02:04 Sepharo

Tight,
thanks for the heads up guys.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 21:04 Sepharo

I haven't bought or played the game... but the walker sentinels do exist. I've seen them while watching others play.  

News Comments > Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming
2. Re: Overwatch Public Custom Games Coming Sep 22, 2016, 20:02 Sepharo

Jivaro wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 12:46:
good?

err..yeah...Good.

I think?

Okay, I give up...someone tell me how this could possibly be a bad thing?

It's good.
Could result in some custom rulesets becoming more popular for some players than the official game.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
52. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 20, 2016, 19:43 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 11:51:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 23:08:
So now they're going to sue Valve right?
For completely ending their livelihood in one fell swoop.

What could they sue Valve for? Valve is covered under Safe Harbor and they can drop anyone anytime they please. And realistically their pockets are way too deep for these guys to take on.

I wasn't suggesting it was possible or made sense... Just seemed likely given these guys' mindset.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
34. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 23:08 Sepharo

So now they're going to sue Valve right?
For completely ending their livelihood in one fell swoop.

News Comments > Event[0] Begins
3. Re: Event[0] Begins Sep 16, 2016, 01:06 Sepharo

Just finished one of the endings.
I'm pretty good about finding and exploring every little thing in games like this, but it still only took me about 3-4 hours.

Still a damn great game, but if you're the kind of person that gets really worked up about length... Yeah it's pretty damn short.

News Comments > Event[0] Begins
2. Re: Event[0] Begins Sep 15, 2016, 16:23 Sepharo

Neat...

Reminds me of Talos Principle and may have been a little inspired by Notch's 0x10c (was going to be terminal heavy).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 03:50 Sepharo

Calm your tits.
We all must be crazy for thinking your comparison is crazy.
But claiming you're not going to explain your comparison, and then getting questioned on that, and then explaining that the questioning in question was why you didn't explain... It's kind of confusing.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 23:00 Sepharo

Goodtry wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 21:19:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 20:15:
Goodtry wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 19:25:
Just get an iPhone. It's reliable, durable, and you get updates frequently.

Durable? Aren't they famous for their extremely fragile screens? I'm constantly seeing friends and coworkers with spider webbed screens they can't afford (money or effort I dunno) to replace.

You must have a rowdy social circle. My iPhone 6 plus has outlasted three cases and survived many drops. Same for my wife's iPhone 6 (although I think she's on her first or second case).

We don't hesitate to hand them over to our 15 month old when she's bored -- if that's not a testament to a phone's durability, I don't know what could be.

And there is also water and scratch resistance. The 6S was splash resistant, and the 7 is supposed to be better. And I haven't managed to scratch my 6 plus at all -- not even tiny hairline scratches -- in the two years I've been carrying it.

All told, the iPhone is probably pretty similar to the average on drop resistance, better than average on scratch resistance, and much better than average on water resistance. I'd call that pretty durable.

I think you should so some searches. It isn't just my anecdotal evidence that says they're fragile. It's a pretty common listed drawback. Some even hypothesize that it's on purpose, and Apple actively courts fragility, almost as a nod to other fine but fragile luxury items.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 20:15 Sepharo

Goodtry wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 19:25:
Just get an iPhone. It's reliable, durable, and you get updates frequently.

Durable? Aren't they famous for their extremely fragile screens? I'm constantly seeing friends and coworkers with spider webbed screens they can't afford (money or effort I dunno) to replace.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 21:19 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 19:11:
Hey Seph, how about them Lions? How ya feelin about them this year? They're looking pretty good today.

Edit: OMFG! What a great ending! Love when it becomes a lateral fest like that! That was a great game!

I'm always optimistic. But they tried so damn hard to lose it in the second half. Pass coverage was terrible.

7597 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo