Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7139 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend
5. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Nov 17, 2017, 21:23 HorrorScope

What a smart idea.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
61. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 21:21 HorrorScope

Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 16:14:
El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:14:
I wonder what is going on with EA right now. Emergency EA CEO conference with Disney? Why the whales didn't want to get hunted? What went wrong? They must be afraid because their customers stood up to them and the pay2win system. Nothing is worse than fans that are no longer fanatic enough to accept torture.

Honest thoughts? I think Disney is considering acquiring EA, and revamping them to fix the problems they feel they can correct for. It might not be a bad business play, in all honesty. EA has reliably profitable stuff (Madden, FIFA, NHL) and has talent and technology Disney could use to replace the basically-defunct Disney Interactive. It's not a bad proposition for either side, assuming they can some smart people to oversee it.

Disney listens to the same exact overlords.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:38 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:34:
As I have written before, I am going to buy it in a year or two for $5 for the short single-player campaign only. If EA wants more money, they could work on a true single-player game but this will only happen after the release of both Half-Life 3 and Star Citizen, I am sure.

Pretty much what EA is for me, but I'll spend a bit more than a fiver. I like to think anyone reading here is informed. Choose what you choose. If you buy the game full price, I hope you have fun with it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches Nov 16, 2017, 11:31 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 00:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 21:52:
Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:17:
So is this the POE that'll be any good?

Yes, again!

I really don't know what you want in a CRPG, seems like they all disappointed you.

Wth are you talking about? CRPGs are my fave genre and I've played virtually all of them. You're talking to a guy who started PnP in the 80s, BBS Door games and MUDs in the 90s, and started PC gaming on a x286. No, what Obsidian and InXile have been doing lately have dissapointed me...immensely. Their prior work has all been stuff I've enjoyed for the most part. Witcher 3 is now my all time fave game. No complaints there. Elex is good. Ember, Warlock of Firetop Mountain, etc. I'm enjoying plenty of CRPGs. POE was not amongst them. And I'm not alone in that, not by a long shot. Loads of people didn't like it.
Wasteland wasn't bad but it was meh? Tranny wasn't very good either.

I did mean recently.

Ok so you like Ember and Warlock, Elex is a different take. Warlock is as well to.

But Ember, I liked Ember a lot as well. But to think that is better than even say Sword Coast Legends to me is pushing it. Just seems like you weren't happy with anything recent, less I believe it was Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Which that game leads me to another point of "POE had too much reading", this is the CRPG designers curse. A lot of vocal people push their weight on "I like to read a lot, adds to it, don't need V.A.", that this part is the quintessential meaning of CRPG's, the deep story. POE definitely could have been less wordy, as well as some other recent offerings I hear. And that is one thing I thought Shadowrun did masterfully, kept you in the moment of the story but was also brief in explanation. Wasteland was pretty good there to.

I'm a fan of brief and clear, but also feeling the moment. Without too many open sides, which muddies up the moment too much for me. Again Shadowrun comes to mind the most as the best overall in that realm.

Another faction of players feel the quintessential meaning of CRPG's is being able to play the game many times, make different choices and see fairly meaningful differences. I think that is what some of the old school crpg'ers cling to, I feel DOS2 knocks that out of the park this time around and the best since the old days, if not simply better even.

Ideally, brief but effective along with choice replayability and not too much side noise, is the ideal story line paths for these games.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
17. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 10:59:
The biggest mistake in my gaming life EVER was upgrading to a 144hz monitor. Anything below 70 I now consider as stuttering. 60 flat-out sucks and 50 is unacceptable.

That's an odd comment. 144hz to me helps the effects of frames per second no matter what it is. A screen redrawing faster in my eyes is always better. Scrolling up and down web pages, its better. Tearing, virtually gone without vsync enabled. Same for that wave-type effect you get sometimes with isometric games panning the landscape. That is gone to. Now do I simply want more FPS... yes. Little Secret, sometimes I turn vsynch on, which means locked at 72... because I don't need the system working overtime.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer
3. Re: SpellForce 3 Faction Trailer Nov 15, 2017, 21:58 HorrorScope

Surprising it looks so well. I was thinking they were still going to phone it in with an update game from their past offerings, as that franchise has been handled so poorly. This looks much better than that, if they keep the general mechanics of the originals only improved, this might be interesting.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition Released
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition Released Nov 15, 2017, 21:54 HorrorScope

Only played the base game, look forward to doing this whole ordeal a month or so prior to POE2's release.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Backer Closed Beta Launches Nov 15, 2017, 21:52 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:17:
So is this the POE that'll be any good?

Yes, again!

I really don't know what you want in a CRPG, seems like they all disappointed you.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Shutting Down
7. Re: Marvel Heroes Shutting Down Nov 15, 2017, 21:51 HorrorScope

Well this is a surprise. Not totally sure what shutting down and will commence after the sunset period for free. So the game will be back?

I'm pretty sure it was doing well enough to keep going. Know a few who were still playing and just told one... yep they're shocked by the news.

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
45. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 15, 2017, 17:23 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 14:03:
This is why I stopped playing World of Warships. It just became too much of a chore to track all the various currencies and what they could be used for, and what I needed to unlock,

I have a lot of complaints about the mmo model, but this one takes the cake. It makes it impossible for me to come in later to a game. If I'm going to put that kind of time in, I'll just do it with real stocks and trades and make like real money, or try. Shit gets way too complicated for what it gives back.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 15, 2017, 17:19 HorrorScope

"Fisker's solid-state batteries have a long way to go before they make it into a car" - yep figured.

Lots of news over the years on massive battery breakthroughs beyond what is available today... will one ever come through?

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
12. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 15, 2017, 14:31 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 12:46:
The exception being that fishing Dreamcast game, if you had the fishing controller. For some reason that was hysterical to have in a corner at parties.

LOL, yes the expectation would be if you bought an actual fishing game, there you should expect to fish. But you know what? I hate fishing games that have a mandatory FPS shooter part in them.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
3. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 14, 2017, 22:16 HorrorScope

That's some nice gfx.

I'm doing it to knock in far-right teeth.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 22:12 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 21:11:
Is browser performance anything more than a technical dickwagging contest between programmers? I mean my browser hasn't had trouble rendering pages instantly since like... 1995. (Netscape Navigator ftw.)

I can still tell browser performance differences between them and to me it matters based on how much I'm on the net and how much I have open. Edge is the fastest, albeit a limited addon scene and not a lot of settings. Previous Firefox degrades noticeably over time, the Reload addons became a thing for me. Actually right now Firefox Quantum feels quite a bit like Edge.

To other post: Yep the loss of Classic Theme Restorer, Round Tabs and Bookmark Icons without text, mess up my look part of it.

As said NoScript is out at least for now. But ublock and ghostery handle most of the need. There is another script blocker available now as well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 19:44 HorrorScope

Quantum seems more nimble certainly. We lost a lot of add-ons though, hopefully some make their way back to round it out.  

29. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 19:39 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 17:47:
Why are people buying it? Lemmings ruining the gaming industry by throwing money at shit that doesn't exist yet.

It's like every single rule is being broken. For as many people that hate EA there must be 1 or 2 that is ok with them. They justify all this with a release day purchase.

10. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:36 HorrorScope

theglaze wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:04:
Thanks mobile gamers, for being addicted to shitty time wasting titles and their payment schemes. Now our big PC titles are being pillaged for profit because of your poor consumption practices.

All reports lead to it is only a small % that put money into games this way. So it's thanks small fraction of rich or addicted mobile gamers. But the premise is to somehow salvage good in EA, that's been gone for a long time. Wall Street gaming isn't something we just write as a funny ha ha, it's real.

4. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:00 HorrorScope

I'll give it to the people, they have them scrambling. What kills me is how many people still put so much effort into EA games as if they are the only option in gaming or something. But whatevah's.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
75. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 18:52 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:34:
My point is people who behave like that are "children" because they feel they are entitled to those characters merely because they paid $80 for the Deluxe Edition. To expect pricier editions come with rarer characters would immediately create an unfair advantage for basic preorders versus higher tiered preorders. That's called Pay 2 Win. EA is all kinds of things but I'm pretty sure they would never introduce P2W in preorder tiers. That's not good business.

Is there a price you can out-right buy Darth Vader? Even if it is based on loot boxes? If so, then entitlement or not, it is this person with $80 just didn't have enough. I like indy gaming.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
73. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 18:42 HorrorScope

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 14:34:
They are going to do what they do.

We all have a choice to make.

Asking them to change isn't happening.

And with that, pretty much thread.

7139 Comments. 357 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo