Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7771 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2018, 15:52 HorrorScope

And when lawsuits aren't a thing... I was hopeful years ago, but I see what mankind is doing here, good luck self-driving.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 25, 2018, 12:56 HorrorScope

That's a crazy amount of work to show differences in performance between the last two driver versions, which is non-surprisingly small and mixed. Over 50.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
7. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 24, 2018, 22:31 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 24, 2018, 15:11:
How is there still even anything to fix?!

I wonder about O/S holes to. There is a guy that is autistic and this is all they do, he just makes changes and puts out a patch , untrue story that feels plausible.

News Comments > Diablo IV in Development Hell?
14. Re: Diablo IV in Development Hell? Nov 22, 2018, 23:56 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 14:29:
Does anyone believe Blizzard could make a D4 which would receive reasonable accolades? Seems highly unlikely to me...

I mean really right? They can't give you want you want because it will go against new revenue targets they have. PoE or someone else will have to take the ISO ARPG crown, I think PoE actually has.

The only reason this company has problems making games now is because they aren't just looking at the game play, they are trying to figure solely how to get as many people not only to buy the game but keep their wallets open. There are so many contrasts between Dev and Gamer at that point, I get that it would be very difficult finding that fit.

It they just focused on Gameplay and Solid Value, that could be popping out 10mil plus sellers often.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
43. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:57 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 04:38:
This is one of the best space/sci fi games ever made at this point.

There is like 5 or 6 epic Space Games and all are still in development, some released some still in Early Access like stages. It seems in time, they all want to sort of be the same thing, EVERYTHING! So now who is in the lead? Perhaps NMS is at this point and if so, that's worth some credit, worst case it's right in the mix. Where's EA's, Activisions, UBI's take on Space Sci-Fi? On this Thanksgiving be thankful smaller studios are taking their shot at it, it is all we have.

42. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:54 HorrorScope

Drath71 wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 08:37:
And has anyone noticed we've become a bunch of people (or maybe always have been?) who have real high expectations on everyone but ourselves?

Jesus fucking Amen! Our minds are poisoned and we can't see it. Those that throw around the word entitlement are very hypocritical often.

41. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 22, 2018, 12:40 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 03:59:
Here is Mack's review, 2 years down the road. I think he is pretty fair about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idnEqIpPi0

Now that I've watched it, I kinda want to play the game now

"He could have took the money and run, but he took the money and stayed." - Mack WAB

News Comments > Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLC Details
3. Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker DLC Details Nov 21, 2018, 15:29 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 10:39:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 21:17:
And this is why we need a new NWN.

A good 5th edition DnD game would be nice. But it'd have to be from Larian imo. Don't see any other developer who could handle it.

There is actually a rumor floating around out there...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 18, 2018, 21:06 HorrorScope

LOL at the FOV slider... how many times does history have to repeat itself?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 18, 2018, 15:41 HorrorScope

In a way it is like we are all mad and frenzied! See I told you NVidia sucks, is evil and blew it!!! Oh shit, well their probably lying to us now. As if GPU's are that important in life.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 17, 2018, 19:46 HorrorScope

If they can stay solvent until this is released... that's pretty much the story, no?  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Calling
9. Re: HELLGATE: London Calling Nov 17, 2018, 00:26 HorrorScope

Better get it now, I hear the next version won't have guns in it.  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Ascends
9. Re: Underworld Ascendant Ascends Nov 16, 2018, 13:46 HorrorScope

This probably does a closer job to UU and has coop...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/371970/Barony/

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 15, 2018, 21:05 HorrorScope

"Chip cards work by creating a unique code for each transaction, and (ideally) require a customer to enter a PIN to verify."

That PIN didn't happen or at least not mandatory, that needs to be mandatory. It's the reason our debit cards are much more secure.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Ascends
2. Re: Absolute wreck... Nov 15, 2018, 20:57 HorrorScope

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 20:24:
This game is an absolute trainwreck of a disaster, one of my biggest disappointments of 2018. Having loved both Ultima Underworlds, Thief, and System Shock (games the devs name dropped countless times) I couldn't wait to play this.

Within 15 minutes, I was already disgusted, but gave it a solid 4 hours before I threw in the towel. The controls feel wonky, you can't disable simple things like subtitles or mouse acceleration, game was too dark, enemy AI was atrocious, physics are bugged, graphics clip, spells don't save in your spellbook, game saves don't work at all, combat was horrendous, etc etc, this game is a failure of epic proportions.

It's literally an insult to all the games it tries to compare itself to, and needs to have that card taken away from it fast. Even seeing skills called "System Shock" and enemies named "Spectre Warren" would completely break immersion...if the game had any to begin with.

Absolute turd. As for anybody looking forward to this team making System Shock 3, end your excitement now, because it's going to be a catastrophe.

^And that is one of the more positive reviews I read.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Officially Launches
9. Re: Fallout 76 Officially Launches Nov 14, 2018, 20:24 HorrorScope

But Darks... that breaks the animations, said no one ever but Bethesda.  

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
51. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 12, 2018, 12:45 HorrorScope

Doesn't the UWP environment make it that much harder for cheaters? If so, MS should be selling that big time on the PC and making games that get clobbered with cheating... Online games.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 12:37 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 12:24:
Is like some people have no clue about their pcs or how they work and forgot that you can go straight to the folder and delete it. Its amazing that some people even know how to turn on their PC's

Granted, Bethesda should fix this. but still!!

Yeah the hate is out big for this one,we must be in the "knock down" period publicly. It's a gaf, it will be fixed I'm sure and as stated there are other ways to uninstall. What is funny no matter which method you do use, it doesn't mean a squeaky clean registry rid of such app. Even the built in windows way isn't flawless.

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
22. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 17:42 HorrorScope

My gut was thinking inXlie and Obsidian weren't doing well, so I don't really see harm here, this means they survive. Sure it will be on MS Store, that leaves people behind, no chance of GOG so just let that one go. MS hopefully has the time and $$$'s for these studios to finish their products in a much better state, imo the #1 problem for both companies and in the end why the sold. Interesting to see what is created here.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 9, 2018, 20:27 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 21:50:
This clown is just cluing into this now? What the hell did he imagine it would be like with a million drones overhead in cities buzzing around everywhere? It'll be a fucking nightmare if it ever comes to pass. Drones need to be licensed and tracked. All footage should automatically be uploaded to central government repositories automatically to ensure people aren't using them for illegal and/or stupid reasons.

Like a bottle of whiskey... to make sure people aren't doing illegal and stupid things. I get your point and I have my own issues with drones, but stating it that way is sounds like a police state, because many things could be abused. How about those cars and drivers? The dumb illegal shit they do. Should be cameras in them uploading to our overseer constantly.

7771 Comments. 389 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo