Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6826 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers
10. Re: GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers May 11, 2017, 19:19 HorrorScope

I'm playing Prey on drivers a few versions back and evil grinning the whole way!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
11. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 23:32 HorrorScope

Right or wrong... this comes straight from wall streets direction. That sucks no matter what.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2017, 18:20 HorrorScope

240Hz... sounds like overkill... maybe not.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode
13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 10, 2017, 18:12 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2017, 01:50:
I've been saying almost exactly what you've just said for years now. Whoever clues in and does this will make a fucking fortune if they do it right. You just need to build the engine and the tools.

WotC has its head so far up its ass it can see daylight.

The twitch stream is basically this and they even used WOTC properties as an example and the assets are high quality, probably better than what you would see open source.

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 10, 2017, 18:10 HorrorScope

MeanJim wrote on May 10, 2017, 00:45:
Between the RPS mini-game in SP and the two failed attempts at playing it multi-player, I lost interest in playing it by myself. I still backed D:OS2 though. I thought eventually I would get around to playing and finishing D:OS on my own by D:OS2's release, but I don't know if that will happen because it keeps falling farther down my backlog list.

The enhanced version you could eliminate or change how RPS worked. I don't think it is in DOS2 at all, that whole idea left behind.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 11:34 HorrorScope

What people are calling mid-refresh, would mean there is a totally new non-compatible console coming in 4 years. I'm thinking there isn't and instead it is another refresh, drop the MID part of this, this is what it is the next compatible upgrade offering.

If Scorpio hits its numbers, that is a full console upgrade in terms of performance or damn close. If I had a Bone and was up MS's nut sack as a console gamer, I'd be very excited by this. The HW today is a slug and I would want better. This is the right strategy moving forward for both MS and Sony. No reason to reinvent from scratch again. To me the gamer has to re-calibrate how this works moving forward.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 11:06 HorrorScope

LOL I haven't been all that interested in a console for a long time but if Scorpio hits those numbers I might be.

But if this is a loser idea are consoles dying then? Otherwise what do they want? A totally new console that has to reinvent everything once again with no backwards compatibility? Who wants that? Do they want continued under-performing hardware? I would think only those without the funds to upgrade would be satisfied with staying pat.

Someone tell me why they wouldn't want better or be stuck with slow hardware just to wait 5 more years with a new console then with zero compatibility? It makes sense now to do HW refreshes for the user, perhaps they just don't know it.

Xbox one was released 4 years ago. This becomes a purchase option for gamers, those that game a ton and are deep into console gaming and have funds, you would have to think this is a no-brainer for them. Better performance, done, just like we wait on the pc for better hardware reasonably priced.

4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 10, 2017, 00:01 HorrorScope

It seems like that, here are 5 people playing one out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141398805

To me it reminds me of GM mode in Vampire Redemption but surely better. It really is table top'ish with the role playing and pace part. These guys here are pro's, voices, wit, comedy. Regular Joe's won't compare in general.

You can really go off and do what you want so the GM better be sharp. How many can handle this and willing take the time to do it up to the nines?

I'm hoping you can create a module and have it play itself well enough and then a GM can jump in to add spice if they like. But so far what I'm seeing, a GM is required and it is lite on setup and heavy on improvising. Some will totally want that, others will want it more the other way.

I probably have to be the other way due to several factors of time, coordination of friends and just wanting to do more stuff per minute, then make every inch a topic of great discussion.

But I can't fault them with their choice, seems like they are doing it well.

1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 9, 2017, 22:10 HorrorScope

Definitely interesting, perhaps something to answer the NWN call from many?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 9, 2017, 18:19 HorrorScope

Whatever security/vulnerabilities we have today, they are roughly the same we had before and will have in the future. They dangle this over us to have fear and quickly fix, but there is always more huge ass holes no matter which ones are closed. I simply can't be in a state of constant shock and caring. Ya's done blown it.  

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
7. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 8, 2017, 16:12 HorrorScope

xXStellarDadXx wrote on May 8, 2017, 12:32:
HorrorScope wrote on May 8, 2017, 11:16:
How about the Nevada triple trailers?

Triple Trailors? Stunned

Yes triple trailers, here's a failed sim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18DTuTeiHQ

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 14:12 HorrorScope

If all you are doing are light things, you can get an android tablet a ton cheaper than an apple, if you had to upgrade in a few years, buying the second elcheapo is still cheaper than one apple, maybe even 3 or 4. I have a nexus 7 tablet (40% less than apple comparable size), still going fine and could have gone much cheaper yet.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 11:18 HorrorScope

Or how about we have one and use it and haven't needed to upgrade it? Sorry it maybe dead for Wall Street because I won't buy one every year, but it isn't like a forgotten device at least over here. It has its place in the gadget toolbox. Again sorry that I can't make more people billionaires.  

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
3. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 8, 2017, 11:16 HorrorScope

How about the Nevada triple trailers?  

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
13. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 14:34 HorrorScope

LOL beta nears...  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 5, 2017, 21:09 HorrorScope

edaciousx wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:39:
a flash sale, really?

Yeah I just rushed to get in before they ran out of supply. Smart!

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
41. Re: On Sale May 3, 2017, 18:21 HorrorScope

gilly775 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:49:
So those of us that have bandwidth caps get f'd in the end by not having a demo which could be less to download. Ooook. Here's a game I won't be buying then....

We'll find any angle to play and play it hard, even an old one like this. Circular conversation, I guess you don't play many different things if demo's are required.

39. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 18:17 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:34:
Gadzooks wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:54:
I hope tons of people buy, and then refund on steam, and totally screw up their metrics for sales after this.
It will mess up their metrics system so bad that they will start using the Imperial System.

Ok I laughed at that one, it's a tough crowd here these days. I'm fairly confident this will be a fun play, that doesn't mean go out and pre-order now Johnny.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: .. May 3, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

JeffD wrote on May 3, 2017, 10:58:
After several weeks of building and testing OTA and streaming boxes and services, yesterday we officially turned in the boxes and hooked up my own cable modem to an internet only cord cutting. Sling and direct tv now offer much of the cable experience for much less money and equipment management, and none of the additional fee charges.

Did you marry an add-on box to OTA to allow you to DVR it? If so what did you decide upon? Did you compare PS Vue to the other you mentioned?

5. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 10:22 HorrorScope

If concerned wait a day for user reviews. Big whoop.  

6826 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo