Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7640 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur
9. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur Sep 6, 2018, 15:36 HorrorScope

The game was pretty good, it got rushed out and the support tapered because of the problems. It needed more balancing, there was a user patch for that. If someone were to go through and fix that and clean some more of it up, maybe take a second play through. But a name I wasn't expecting to see, with all of these old game names popping up... damn I want to see something redo Wiz8 or make a game in the spirit of it. Bards Tale IV looks a bit like it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witch Thief Announced
2. Re: Witch Thief Announced Sep 5, 2018, 19:47 HorrorScope

"game sets a high bar for itself by combining the titles of two of PC gaming's most beloved franchises"

Witch two? Because I can't think of one, let alone two.

That was a lot of marketing blah blah for such a ehh looking game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2018, 16:43 HorrorScope

Well if I could give an alternate pov, put these shoes on:

She runs out of gas.
Homeless give $20.
They are grateful start a go fund me.
It goes way way way better than they thought.
Hell he would all of a sudden have more money than they have ever had by far.
They just give him all of that? More that he even deserves?
Or do they start to take a bit of a cut to?
I believe this would test A LOT OF PEOPLE.

The answer I feel is the two parties realize shit this exploded and 50-50 it and all be happy. Now everyone gets to get dragged through. Nobody could handle the money influx.

Another bizarre story in the crazy world.

News Comments > Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards
6. Re: Bungie Announces Bungie Rewards Sep 5, 2018, 16:36 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 12:58:
I hate these goddamn "loyalty" programs.

When it becomes about wall street the money people come in and they have zero care about how the game plays.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 5, 2018, 00:58 HorrorScope

Beckinsale as Yennefer or no deal.  

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
5. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 5, 2018, 00:45 HorrorScope

Athlon's website is about the most generic thing I've seen in years. Three links, doesn't tell shit about actual game name accomplishments and for what little is there, this is fun:

"There are currently no job openings available. We’re always looking for talent though, so please email your resume to careers@athlongames.com"

No jobs but always looking, gotcha!

Feeling Daybreak'ish.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 4, 2018, 11:59 HorrorScope

LOL the Firefox link:

We’re still preparing the notes for this release, and will post them here when they are ready. Please check back later.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
20. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 3, 2018, 19:41 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 23:51:
Every dialogue that offers a choice to make only offers two choices

If it actually branches off into it's own path, that would be doing a lot more than their other games that had many more choices but never really mattered. On paper the idea could work, but branching multiplies quickly, you would need a lot of assets and stories on the ready. Being EA they are over selling this certainly, but if it could be as good as a mind can imagine, it could be quite good.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2018, 21:19.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Turns Eight Five
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Turns <strike>Eight</strike> Five Sep 1, 2018, 21:47 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 20:04:
There's tonnes of free mmo's on mobile.

Really that's your suggestion? You can say there is a lot of every game on mobile, there's a reason we are on pc's.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
28. Re: SOS Early Access Sep 1, 2018, 13:09 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 12:45:
Sure, "social" is built into "society." It's pretty difficult to have a society without social elements. As for the government owning the people, that can happen under *any* system. If free marketers and deregulators got their way, we'd certainly have a government that controlled and manipulated the people in favor of the corporations. In fact, we're headed very much in that direction.

Russia overall today is more capitalistic than the US and with less regulatory it leads to Oligarchs and second world standards. As you say it losses a lot of freedoms that way. A mix is right, medicine should be social, all regular Joe's are ticking time bombs to a bad health situation even with insurance. Disgrace really.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
24. Re: Tournament Shooting Lawsuit Sep 1, 2018, 11:56 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 22:33:
I mean... That's what insurance is for.

The event and venue should have insurance as well.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Aug 31, 2018, 18:05 HorrorScope

Leper wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 15:39:
Does the camera actually move dynamically around now like in the video? That'd be cool. One thing I kind disliked about the original version was the camera. You couldn't zoom out far enough, you had to constantly adjust it and you never got a good view of the world like in this video.

LOL that is what I came to post on, the engine has been a 3d engine, I've asked for them to unlock the camera, allow us to pick and angle lock that and then add driving control WASD, because it would be a cool alternative view/play through like that. So what do they do? They have a trailer that shows this angle ('cause obviously they like it and it sells the game) but they won't give us those controls in game. Frustrating.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
7. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 29, 2018, 23:31 HorrorScope

Pretty amazing it can be up that much.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October
5. Re: H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October Aug 26, 2018, 17:57 HorrorScope

What a sad joke of a company and product.  

News Comments > Gambit Free Trial for Destiny 2 Players Planned
2. Re: Gambit Free Trial for Destiny 2 Players Planned Aug 24, 2018, 00:40 HorrorScope

Gambit is great - some source
Game changers - some source

How about you tell me exactly what it is vs shadows?

I know it's PvE and PvP... continue...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 20:32 HorrorScope

atomicfro wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 19:07:
I don't think anyone actually cares.

I would love to believe you.

Seeing enough threads around the net, I don't think it's no one cares. The trailer they put out with this game at E3 really had an uproar and that is just one of a many examples. Cutter's response is a-typical of many. It should be a whatever, didn't even notice it to even start to care type of thing. Men are getting defensive as fuck, like whites thinking of minority privilege. What's the new saying, "When you are the controlling class, equality seems like oppression", or something like that. Insecurities and a list of low character traits really showing their heads.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2018, 18:09 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 13:08:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 12:33:
Not to defend this guy against corruption but at least he was on the rational side of the violence in video games debate and served his country in the military.

Randy Cunningham was a vet, too, and was convicted for bribery and fraud back in 2005. The Starship Troopers theory that someone who puts their life on the line for their country couldn't possibly act against its interests just doesn't seem to hold true in practice.

But I really really want it to.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 18:05 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 16:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 14:44:
atomicfro wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 14:25:
Is there a real issue with female characters in Battlefield 5, or is this an issue made up by the SJW media?

Or the other side, is this blown out of proportion by that group?

Not at all because this is a perfect example of out of control liberal revisionism. This sort of pandering is pathetic and the entire reason why liberal democracy is dying the world over. The sooner this bullshit ends, the better off the world will be. It may be well intentioned but that's what the road to hell is paved with.

Girls... you aren't allowed in our Man War Games... Now shew... World instantly better.

Why do we get our business into everything, as said a post or two earlier, why should we care about this in a f'n game?

You talk exactly like a dictator sometimes.

5. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 23, 2018, 14:44 HorrorScope

atomicfro wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 14:25:
Is there a real issue with female characters in Battlefield 5, or is this an issue made up by the SJW media?

Or the other side, is this blown out of proportion by that group?

News Comments > Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free
7. Re: Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free Aug 23, 2018, 14:37 HorrorScope

For Honor has Gone from 5k to 210k Concurrent Players After Becoming Free-to-Own.  

7640 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo