Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6189 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2016, 19:05 HorrorScope

Question, do we still call people that have cut the cord but still watch the content in other ways, TV Viewers?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 26, 2016, 15:55 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:30:
I still say this sort of drone thing is a bad idea. Besides the further unemployment it creates, what about liability issues? What happens when there are dozens/hundreds/thousands of these things flying around at once? Smash up derby is fun. And there's guaranteed to be personal and property damage. You just know dogs are going to chase/attack/sniff them and get a face full of whirling prop. Little kids trying to grab them, packages being dropped on people, etc. And let's not forget the irritaion of the noise of all these fucking things buzzing around. And last but not least, privacy issues. No sir, I don't like it.

There is a lot of new age things I get... this isn't one of them. It has more issues created than it solves.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 25, 2016, 17:49 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 15:00:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 10:39:
Lol @ the ZP review! Nicely done!

Yeah, maybe modders will make it more interesting:
- Make planetary landings a skill you actually have to learn
- Make more dynamic and interesting weapon system
- Make interesting space combat
- Reduce the frequency of some elements, making the game a bit more challenging,
Etc.

Stuff is in the works, someday it may really be something. Perhaps we need to look at it as an space engine they gave us. We'll see.

News Comments > The Guild 3 Gamescom Presentation
2. Re: The Guild 3 Gamescom Presentation Aug 25, 2016, 17:47 HorrorScope

At the 2:00 mark is a great way of looking life and why being a simpleton is a great thing... I don't worry about them, they don't worry about me. But yeah, been looking forward to how this one turns out.  

News Comments > Space Rangers: Quest Announced
6. Re: Space Rangers: Quest Announced Aug 25, 2016, 17:43 HorrorScope

I'm disappointed the Space Travel screen isn't handled by text. Cool to have options though for those that have the time for something like this.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
46. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 24, 2016, 18:15 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 16:39:
I am still shocked that people were so hyped(this was supposedly most hyped game ever) over this pile of garbage. I never followed this much or even knew its coming, but after I seen it, I am wondering how did this get so much hype? lol Its pure pile of garbage.

Because you can go from planet to planet, land on planet, no load screens. It is basically god just being able to do that... they act like.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
46. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 16:42 HorrorScope

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 15:59:
My understanding is that ultra textures aren't much superior to high and, shadows, reflections, volumetric lighting are the source of the huge performance drop. If so, that explains the freakouts... since it may be shadows, reflections and lighting on objects we don't see.. box behind the box and the little bush behind it...

Yep pretty much the same things over and over with most games. How can you be a pc gamer of any length other than brand spanking new and not know to go in gfx settings and play with a few common ones if performance isn't to your liking? Next thing we'll find out is people don't know what FPS Counters are and don't use them. Or what vsynch is. Textures? What are those?

43. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 16:34 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:08:
MajorD wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:00:
Desalus wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:
Im kind of glad I had trouble preordering, as it seems that the game needs more time in the Oven.

Yet another example of a AAA game which people shouldn't have preordered. You would think Deus Ex would be a safe game to preorder, but I guess nothing is these days. It's kind of funny how many people don't learn any lesson from the many terrible releases of AAA games in the past few years (especially on the PC).

Yeah, unfortunately less and less games are safe to pre-order and/or purchase at launch, and it seems to have become the norm. It's all driven by the mighty dollar, unrealistic ship dates, and shoving games out the door before they're ready. It seems to be getting worse, and will probably continue to get worse until people stop buying into the hype and start voting with their wallets.

Heck, I've seen some Indie alpha game releases more complete/optimized than the garbage some of these AAA publishers are shoveling.....*cough* No Man's *cough* Sky. These companies should be ashamed and embarrassed at some of the crap the let go out the door. But hey, if people buying what they're shoveling, then they'll keep shoveling.

It has become the same cycle over and over again:

1) Publishers market and hype the crap out of these games, and promise the sky.

2) People become so pumped for this new glittery shiny game, the excitement clouds their memory of how they were burned by the last AAA bug ridden incomplete game.

3) AAA game is released incomplete and un-optimized.

4) Everyone bitches and moans, saying they're never going to pre-order and/or purchase day one.

5) Rinse, repeat.

As other people have stated, you're better off waiting 6 months or a year when all the bugs are ironed out, the games has become more optimized, and selling at a better price ta boot! There is plenty of games in everyone's libraries to keep them occupied for that long.......

I mean, hasn't this been true since forever? It isn't as if games weren't overhyped and often released in unfinished states in the 90s. The biggest change is it now impacts console games, too, whereas in the old days console games tended to work as advertised (if be much less ambitious.)

Yes forever. I don't get how most here don't have so many games now that they can play, that they still get hyped up several times per year on the next shiny. That's an expensive game that can burn you too often. I get MP games that you want to compete in start out equals, but SP games? Relax and let the game prove itself. If BN users are the wiser from being here, then it is truly a failure.

Hell I get the old days, you waited months for something good, that was real. Today? Wow if you can't find anything now you're chasing games like some chase an alluding drug high. You are ready to move on in life. And then if you are one hating on VR ta boot, you are really stuck in a rut, you want something new and fresh but it has to be the same ole over and over that will do it. Oh ho boy.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 11:55 HorrorScope

Desalus wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:
Im kind of glad I had trouble preordering, as it seems that the game needs more time in the Oven.

Yet another example of a AAA game which people shouldn't have preordered. You would think Deus Ex would be a safe game to preorder, but I guess nothing is these days. It's kind of funny how many people don't learn any lesson from the many terrible releases of AAA games in the past few years (especially on the PC).

I don't know why we would think it would be safe to pre-order. It's a AAA publisher... this is what they do.

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
12. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 16:49 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 15:45:
Peeps... notice... no GPU needed, I suspect a streamed lag fest. Forget about textures and co. This is as shitty port'ish as it can get.

No GPU needed, just something called a sound card. Yeah, no K/m conversion at all, most likely it will require a PS gamepad, no?

But yes I use a masterrace system to stream other systems games, cuz it makes sense.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Next Month Aug 22, 2016, 20:35 HorrorScope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec7FQU8UnJk  

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
6. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 20:17 HorrorScope

So lets say Facebook never gets involved. It remains a kickstarter project. I don't recall Zenimax's name ever coming up within that kickstater.

But in reality, it was really Palmer fronting a Zenimax's kickstarter?

I assumed Palmer and his team, whoever they are, were the one's who would deliver Oculus. I simply never heard Zenimax's name come up.

Carmack comes into the picture 1 year after the kickstarter.

Hmmmm...

36. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 13:47 HorrorScope

Jackplug wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 05:53:
So what your all saying is that this game is completely an utterly fucking boring as shit. After listening to all the reviews and stuff, it does sound so fucking boring.

Some will think that, I have others saying they love it. Go figure opinions.

35. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 13:43 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 01:50:
Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux.
He can't be that bad

He isn't that bad, because at worse, he's only done it for one game.

Personally I didn't find that guy all that likeable, which is fine, I don't judge games on devs makeup.

I always get a good chuckle out of Angry Reviews. But riddle me this, a game that is so massive, he does a little here and there and he doesn't see some of the things that were promised. Is it very possible he hasn't played enough? Perhaps it does exist further in? He went to the center of the universe using some speed-run method, is it possible something on his character didn't qualify for it and why he was pulled away? I mean he could be right, but can we say without a doubt some of the things he didn't see don't exist if played correctly and longer? I dunno...

34. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 13:42 HorrorScope

fujiJuice wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 00:49:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 16:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:39:
http://www.githyp.com/no-mans-sky-has-lost-78-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-week-on-steam/

Right because it falls right along with about 20 other games that are these explore/survival games that are unfinished. Yes this is 1.0 but I'm sure they have so many features they want to add, that many other games in the same state would have just called themselves Early Access. The one difference is save games from a released game vs early access are completely different, they will need to keep compatibility.

How many of those are $60?

One of my two very solid reason on why I didn't buy it. I can't help people with cash and not enough sense to check, esp those that frequent game sites. We all knew this one here. Did he lie? Yes and smirked off other claims. But we knew, I hope you weren't one that got caught.

8. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 21, 2016, 16:49 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:39:
http://www.githyp.com/no-mans-sky-has-lost-78-of-its-playerbase-in-its-first-week-on-steam/

Right because it falls right along with about 20 other games that are these explore/survival games that are unfinished. Yes this is 1.0 but I'm sure they have so many features they want to add, that many other games in the same state would have just called themselves Early Access. The one difference is save games from a released game vs early access are completely different, they will need to keep compatibility.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2016, 17:19.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
37. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 20:57 HorrorScope

Mordhaus wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 17:57:
2. The new Metallica video dropped and it is AMAZING! Who can be mad at a time like this?

Not enough FOV in that video.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
9. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 18:55 HorrorScope

Looks good, nice take on playing the other side.  

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
5. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 18:41 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:07:
They all certainly sound neat but how do they expect to make money catering to the tiny amount of VR owners?

Fostering a future?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: AMD promises the world (again) Aug 18, 2016, 17:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:47:
The world will just wait and see, AMD.

Yep, we're way past talking.

6189 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo