Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6929 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 24, 2017, 17:24 HorrorScope

Funny today Chevy mentions they could be dropping the Volt, people are back to trucks and suv's.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access
8. Re: Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access Jul 24, 2017, 17:12 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 14:04:
This does look pretty kewl, but I can see now that this game is going to end up costing players a lot of money after release because of the card packs being required to play. They will turn this game into a pay to win game.

Thanks my biggest grip and why I wont buy into this.

It's a one man team, I don't think he's gearing it like that, could be wrong.

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
10. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 19:30 HorrorScope

I just went rift for the price and bundle. Each seemed to have some pros and cons, i just washed it all out as equal enough, so the price was the reason, been my main reason ive waited.

Ive been the secondary user so far due to overall excitement levels in da house. What i did see was really nice and so far so good, nofeeling woozy, but it is still early. On top of games mentioned, ill add racing and elite to the list of gets.

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
8. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 20, 2017, 23:29 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 14:11:
Quinn wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:40:
Never heard of this. Too bad the reactions of you guys imply this is garbage. Looked great to me

No. My question wasn't implying garbage. I was merely confused why an MMO that had a rocky launch, falling population, and finally closure would come back? Typically when a game is closed or canceled, it doesn't come back.

In 2006, while a reviewer for GameIndustry.com, I was given a heavily scripted press tour of D&L. To my editor, I expressed concerns that D&L wasn't ready for a review because the tour was too scripted to understand what the game is like truly. The decision was reached to not proceed forward with a write up until after the game's launched.

Is this even the same game? Or it seems it has been reworked into something different. What I hear, like Ark, 30% complete and feels like it. Was that the old D&L?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week Jul 19, 2017, 15:30 HorrorScope

:45 - I present you The Paddle Sword of nothing special.  

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
5. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 15:28 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 12:40:
D&L died a long time ago. Why is it back?

That is what I was wondering and I love how they try to stay away of the stigma of what is now MMO's, no mention here. EA's a mmo to vs Beta. Or is this something else now?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 22:54 HorrorScope

RoboNerd wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 21:05:
Re: Amazon Prime Day breaks record; sales grew by more than 60 percent

I have to agree with Cutter on this one. I have looked at what was offered on the last two Prime Day sales and saw nothing worth all the free hype the media gives this. Not sure anyone risks life and limb for Prime Day like they do Black Friday. But you won't be rewarded for all the lost time you spend browsing through the pages of crapola. Computer

I get your point, but Amazon gets all the free hype via the media they want for passing gas.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2017, 19:10 HorrorScope

You and your tech demos, you don't even know the state of VR gaming, you haven't been interested in it from the start. I will say a $200 Wireless set sounds very good, what I've been waiting for, better and cheaper. My current order, is under review. I wonder if they sold out of their allotment, my initial guess until I hear back. I'll also assume the $200 doesn't come with the controllers, but if you can add those to it, ok enough.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 19:07 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 18:47:
That's so idiotic when people buy into these marketing scams. It's like Black Friday. There are literally dozens of better sales throughout the year but people risk life and limb and insane crowds because they believe the hype.

Do you happen to have metrics on what you state? I don't doubt you, would love to see it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2017, 12:28 HorrorScope

Update:

So I ordered a Rift the day after the sale came about, $400 for the kit.

I have now rec'd an email that said the order was cancelled and that is it. You can contact us...

Going to the forum that has happened to others as well, we are all awaiting a response, I don't think anyone has one yet.

So thoughts are:
Supplies were very limited, very.

That people are very willing to jump into VR when the price point is right.

We're here, we just need a square.

So with that in mind... maybe it isn't so dead, just has to be cheaper, more like this, but I can still see cheaper.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 12, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

Yep 7800 is a disappointment for sure.

Reviews like this also make me rekindle the idea that many in the pc world state processor doesn't matter, i5 does the same job, we are GPU bound. Then I read an article that has tons of benches in it, using a 1080ti, and at 1080P game performance is definitely affected by CPU.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
40. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 21:58 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 19:50:
GET a JOB. Stop doing drugs. Stop getting welfare. Obama is not your daddy. Here is hint for all of you Hillary loving Lib tarts. Trump is your president. Get on your knees and whoreship the greatest president to ever live. Repeat after me, I love &#10084;&#65039; big daddy Trumpster! Long live Trump!

Probably sarcasm...

Well that's a total miss on me.
Have job, always had job.
Grown up, no longer doing any drugs, minuses a few drinks per month.
Never rec'd a lay-off check (knock on wood) let alone welfare.
True Obama isn't my daddy, but was pretty honorable.
Fuck Hillary.
And the Big Liar, Satanical in lie-attitude.

Sort of just stuck in equality for everyone where race/gender etc mean nothing to me, I have my own little world I dabble in. Realize taxes creates a society to begin with and has afforded us a lot of amenities, I guess that others just think just poof it happens.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2017, 20:44 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 18:11:
7/11 was a minimum wage job.

That's a good min job.

36. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 20:29 HorrorScope

There is no reason to believe anything from Trump and his cronies, once again and the strongest case yet, Jr gave up the ghost that he was out looking for info and colluding with Russia to affect the vote. His words equal just that, his Hanity interview he states hey if I can get info about an opponent, yes I would do it. Well when it is a foreign adversary that is illegal and it is the whole thing that has been discussed for a long time now. They said over and over nothing happened, it happened, they admit, they knew, but they put all of us through a long lie... so why I'm a believing anything from them? Like the 6 million illegal votes. He dreamed up this whole fake news schtick that has divided us, all to try to hide his collusion, this was all to muddy the waters so we couldn't figure it out. He's a total crook. If he has a truth in there is doesn't matter at this point, we wouldn't know which one it is from the liar.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 17:08 HorrorScope

Yeah im not saying I'm against free/g, I have some money but I'm also pretty frugal. What is the main reason why 60hz non-sync sucks? Screen tearing. With just 144hz screens, that alone makes it at least for me disappear. To me the free/g stuff makes a lot more sense on a 60hz panel as these faster panels take care of it now by shear refresh speed. I typically run unsyncd. A 144 unsyncd has a little less latency than even adaptive free/g if you were to measure it, very secondary concern though. I only vsync my 144 ONLY if the game runs noticeably hot and lock it at 72 frames. Non-gaming it's great to.  

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 11:38 HorrorScope

Yes 60 fps is now the new low.

Yeah I do my damage on a 144hz 27" 1080P monitor as well. 144hz is a run don't walk feature, once you have it, you know. You notice games and non-games the screen is simply smoother. I run non-vsync almost exclusively, the exception are some games may run too hot allowing it to run as fast as it can and limiting those to 72 frames (half 144), it keeps the system cool and 72 is good to. Fairly exceptional though.

Oh an amazingly, out of the blue and perfectly aligned. I was awarded a $400 deposit refund yesterday that I wasn't expecting, so I'll most likely order a Rift by EOW. To me there is plenty of content already and more and better on the way. That said, I'm still questioning overall market strategy with the two products we have, we need cheaper prices and V2's, even if V2 isn't some major leap, just improvements sends good vibes out to the people. This is not how you do consumer electronics.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 11, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

No matter, he's right here.

To those about the adblocker issues, do some googling, there are things you can do to get around them easily. In my case I use uBlock and there a dropper icon, that allows you to get rid of any element on a web page forever and those sites with the blocks, you can just remove them.

Or how about the site that won't let you save the image? Well you'll notice with this tool they put a shield over top of it. Again with the uBlock element picker you can highlight it and remove it from that site forever and then save the image and things like that.

Or the site that won't like you highlight text to copy it, there you will notice they put a shield over the entire page. Again simply remove it once and for all, then you can copy/paster. Game changer.

Once you start using element blocker in uBlock, you'll have a new favorite hobby as you can really manipulate web sites to your liking.

But there are other methods of disabling their checks to.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2017, 11:18.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 11:04 HorrorScope

Did it even start? 49 out of 50 states in the end said, take a hike. Arkansas being the only one to give up their constituents records.  

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 18:33 HorrorScope

To follow on the coat-tails of this stupidity is the PEW poll showing Republican voters think higher education is a bad thing. Yeah that makes sense to. What the fuck is with these people that claim the other side is a mental disease. Look in the mirror already.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 17:49 HorrorScope

Yeah, that now has me thinking probably.

As for why people favor the Vive, to me it mostly goes back to when Oculus was trying to lock things down and Vive was presenting itself to be more open market. Opinions sway heavily in that arena. From those I trust, I know the Oculus is a lot more viable of a product than the general consensus is about it and in many VS's review it edges out the Vive.

6929 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo