Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6678 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 11:37 HorrorScope

The 99-91 must be if you have one in the building anywhere you count. There is no way that many people are using either, not even close.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released
28. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 19:45 HorrorScope

Is JC3 a coop game? I was under the impression it wasn't.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined
13. Re: Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined Mar 7, 2017, 11:37 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 02:53:
Gamers in general have a very short (read: none at all) memory. Don't you remember Age of Conan? What makes you think this will be any different?

Personally I'm well aware of Funcom overall. Why could it be different? MMO vs Survival is a different scale, PERHAPS one they can handle. We'll see.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 6, 2017, 17:41 HorrorScope

Techspot did an update of their benches after hearing about a few things that could be tweaked...

Conclusion:
http://www.techspot.com/review/1348-amd-ryzen-gaming-performance/page5.html

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
14. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 4, 2017, 20:50 HorrorScope

"the new RPG from"

Where EA fails... this isn't a new game, not even close.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 15:17 HorrorScope

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 14:50:
I love Apple hardware, but I think iPads are just awful for the classroom. When the kids get to middle school, give everyone a raspberry pie and let them learn how a computer actually works.

I was building computers from 5th grade on back in the late 80s/90s. Kids need to be doing that more, not playing tablet/phone games so much.

Not a bad idea. I can totally see giving younger kids that type of tech and then in HS, start giving them every day tools and every day exp type of classes. Along with improved steering and training in fields they excel at.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 13:39 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:30:
Running non-VR games on the Rift (and as far as I know the Vive) requires you to either get vorpx to turn them into VR games, or you run them in something like Bigscreen to have a virtual monitor. I haven't bothered, personally, but maybe another VR owner can speak to it.

I was just saying that the Rift has access to the same library as the Vive, since Valve and HTC don't believe in locking people out. So SteamVR is mostly platform agnostic.

Understood, wondered if you had any feedback, thanks.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 13:19 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:17:
theglaze wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 12:51:
Damn…this may have pushed me towards the Rift.

I really just want the headset for the first generation so I can do sim racing. I prefer the whole ecosystem that Valve is developing with HTC/LG and the Indie title support through Steam…but for an extra $475 Canadian?

If I go with the Rift, I can basically upgrade my video card to a 1070 'for free'...

Just want to note: the Rift has access to the Vive's library -- it can play games on Steam or HTC's Vivespot. Oculus is the only one with a lock on its library.

Although, without the Touch controllers you won't actually be able to play most of the VR games on Steam other than the racers and cockpit games.

How are standard games on the Oculus, just pumping the flat-screen visuals to it? Does it look big? Feel a little more immersive being captivated?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 3, 2017, 13:14 HorrorScope

Tech Report Benches...

Those with say a 2500K, I have a i7 similar, compare the 2600K (similar) to the 7700K results. This is 1080P with a 1080 GPU. To me those are substantial CPU gains. I'm an 1080P gamer, so I'm not always stressing the GPU before the CPU.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 13:09 HorrorScope

theglaze wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 12:51:
HTC says it has no plans to cut Vive price.

Damn…this may have pushed me towards the Rift.

I really just want the headset for the first generation so I can do sim racing. I prefer the whole ecosystem that Valve is developing with HTC/LG and the Indie title support through Steam…but for an extra $475 Canadian?

If I go with the Rift, I can basically upgrade my video card to a 1070 'for free'...

Yeah not a bad thought, I can just get the sit down version for now at $400. Hmm....

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2017, 12:16 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:46:
They should completely remove technology from schools up till at least grade 5.

you see these zombie kids glued to tablets and cellphone screens being pushed around in grocery carts everywhere, many of which could use the exercise of actually walking in the grocery store.

And that is never why it is kids these days. Adults these days.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
12. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 11:59 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 10:46:
Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 10:12:
They made one of the largest disappointments in gaming history so I doubt I will be checking out their follow up. I don't feel like they've adequately delivered on the initial promises, let alone earned a reprieve on a sequel. Big meh.

Sean Murray lied his ass off about NMS too so whatever they say about this game, expect the opposite.

Think of this, many shit on EA games... well most still actively develop and fully focus on these offerings. I see if you put out a game in relatively the same shape but call it finished... you can just move on, fire and forget. So ponder that for a while, in a case like this EA has the advantage, still sole focus, at least for most.

Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?

It's past Thursday.

I'm happy with the EA games I do have, they are all developing and releasing updates fairly often. Better than... forget about and move on Sean. Edited original, yeah that was bad, I'm never that good, but that was bad.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
3. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 10:46 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 10:12:
They made one of the largest disappointments in gaming history so I doubt I will be checking out their follow up. I don't feel like they've adequately delivered on the initial promises, let alone earned a reprieve on a sequel. Big meh.

Sean Murray lied his ass off about NMS too so whatever they say about this game, expect the opposite.

Think of this, many shit on EA games. Most EA games are still actively in develop and the companies sole focus. I see if you put out a game in relatively the same shape, but call it finished, you can just move on to something else, fire and forget. So ponder that for a while, in a case like this, EA has the advantage of still being heavily in development and not a passing project.

Edit: Sorry for the writing, hopefully this is a little cleaner to read.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2017, 12:01.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
55. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 20:01 HorrorScope

Update I was reading on a subject of reviews with wildly differentiating game results. Leading candidate as to why? Different MB's and the consensus think that bodes well for Ryzen once they are all figured out and updated. Will keep an eye out on that, if it matches the 7700K or say within 5'ish percent, then all the rest and possible better future proofing come into play, maybe.  

53. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 19:06 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 18:52:
I'm confused by all these replies.. some saying its good, some saying intel still wins.

What's the actual story from just a video game stand point (ignore cost difference)? Intel is still king?

Yes that is where Intel still wins. Just gaming concerns and happy where everything else falls. Intel. At least until many many cores are thee thing. But if everything really is important or no games at all (probably wouldn't be here) the Ryzen looks to be the winner, because the cores matter in those apps.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
16. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 18:43 HorrorScope

NMS winning anything positive, um yeah. lol  

50. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 18:40 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 12:41:
So, if you don't care about money and just about absolute power, you will go with King intel. If you want adequate bang for a few $$$ less, you will go with Princess AMD. Right? At least this is what I understand from those benchmarks.

Is it about money? To me it seems about what do you do? Heavy game focus, all around, non-game? The money to me seems close, less a couple way out there Intel offerings.

Ryze to me looks like a Paladin.

I'm happy enough with it, leave out games and Intel has work to do. If it were just about games, to Intel it isn't, they could still coast a little, but not much. So as we say competition is good, Ryzen as a non-game chip alone should force Intel to step up and gamers will assuredly get gains to. Ryze as an all-arounder is great and it gives Intel the need to step up. So job done. Competition is back at hand, even though it doesn't win games, Intel needs to make some moves and gamers I'm certain will win with the gains they give us.

37. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 14:46 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 14:20:
All the naysayers crack me up.

Intel still wins the single threaded battle, but not by any significant margin and single threaded is a rare occasion any more.

I wont argue with the cores, there are places that it will shine. In my case I'm not to concerned, satisfied with the performance I get in those apps, totally game focused here. But what is your rebuttal to techspots benches? It is substantial.

Others mentioning older process like my one i7, there is still a nice leap going to say a 7700k. I know many people down play procs but how do we explain results that show procs can matter? I'm 90% sure I'm waiting still though...

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2017, 17:33.

13. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 11:33 HorrorScope

Yeah for gaming, TechSpot benches show the Ryzen getting killed still. It seems AMD both CPU and GPU are betting everything on multi-thread, we'll see if it pays off soon.

Are the lesser core version of Ryzen planning on having better single core speeds or just faster core speeds in general vs these ultra high core offerings?

Now starting to lean on waiting again. Year 6 for my main i7! No one wants my money.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 1, 2017, 22:51 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 22:40:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X versus Intel Core i7 6800K – First Official Gaming Benchmarks Leaked.

Maybe a slight edge to Intel, but looks pretty much like a wash to me.

I need a $250 Ryzen that can compete closely with a 7700k.

6678 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo