Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6824 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 17, 2017, 17:39 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on May 17, 2017, 16:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2017, 14:17:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2017, 13:51:
I like how they call it "over-charging" as opposed to "blatant theft" which is what it really is.

Yep, love how they can water down crimes like this, we all need to incorporate ourselves.

If you under-pay you have to pay an extra fee, get reported to a collection agency, and they destroy your credit. If they over charge you, you have to sit through customer support hell as they make every attempt to weasel out of what they promised, and probably make a few financial threats if you say you're going to back out of the contract they didn't honor. Such a balanced relationship, they can undoubtedly be trusted to handle your personal data and deliver the service they promised.

Site needs a Like option.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2017, 17:38 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on May 17, 2017, 15:26:
Least you can't misplace it.

So all AMD/ATI hating aside, on paper (and we all know on paper and actual shipped product are different) will this finally be a chip to compete with Intel especially when it comes to gaming?

No, but AMD is really back on track again, good to see.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed May 17, 2017, 14:22 HorrorScope

The thing that fostered pc gaming more than any other is thee threat to pc gaming as we know it. So who do I follow? Obviously not MS. Who else is ready to lead? And if they lead, will they promise to be Utopian for all and surrender their own business interests, because that is reasonable to ask, right? Steam has been a resounding success for PC's, people not pc'ers know about Steam, get PC, get Steam and become overwhelmingly positive towards the experience. That kind of bad thing.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 17, 2017, 14:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 17, 2017, 13:51:
I like how they call it "over-charging" as opposed to "blatant theft" which is what it really is.

Yep, love how they can water down crimes like this, we all need to incorporate ourselves.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 14:13 HorrorScope

LOL boring in the first hour? Sum bitch is action packed, I'd buy after a while it gets repetitive for some. Not many games have as good of an action combat model as these games. From what I've seen it looks like ME Shadow's 2 up'd its game nicely.  

News Comments > The Surge Released
20. Re: The Surge Released May 17, 2017, 00:12 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2017, 23:02:
What is this? The year of the ARPG? Seems every other game is one.

You do realized there are tons of games being released these days and pretty much everything is covered and then some. EA - Every game an EA? Survival? Is every game a Survival? MOBA? Is every game a Moba? It goes on and on, there are no shortages, but developers develop.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 20:20 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on May 15, 2017, 14:32:
Most of the concern was pictures they had on their computer. There are so many cloud storage options out there, including sites like Shutterfly who do not charge for storage that I just do not feel sorry for them.

Right if it is for things like that, these people of all people, should have had a light bulb go off in their heads... I need to get my photos on the cloud, NOW!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale May 15, 2017, 17:47 HorrorScope

That is fast by any standard. I'll still wait for 20'ish, since I have plenty to do.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 12:35 HorrorScope

Brazor wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:08:
Both parties benefit from spying on people. Until enough of their constituents complain, they'll do whatever they or the people giving them campaign money want.

As for XP and the exploit. This will not cause companies to upgrade, Especially hospitals. All the software they use for their medical equipment was custom built for that equipment and won't work on any other OS. It's cheaper for the hospitals to wipe all the computers and reinstall the images they have stored.

The problem is much deeper than XP though, I have customers asking me questions. Telling them March's Security Update has a fix in it for 7-10... They get back to me for instance... "I haven't rec'd an update since 2012". Well... you have Updates off or broken. How many millions of those systems exist? On my personal pc's, I do have Updates off, but then again I clone all my systems to an external drive, so I can recover without issue and this is home vs biz.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 15:02 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 14, 2017, 14:33:
Funny, my Linux install wasn't affected.

Even funnier, all my windows pc's weren't affected either. I reckon more fake news.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 13:48 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on May 14, 2017, 11:52:
If you were hit by this malware it is time to upgrade your OS to something current. Serves everyone right if they got this bug.

As mentioned newer O/S's can fall victim. Perhaps said companies should have taken action sooner, it has been a known issue out there for a while I'm told. Ha, MS released a patch for XP yesterday just for this. But I'm sure there are tons of more holes to take advantage of.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 13:46 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:48:
I thought Prey was great. The level design was fantastic and the game as a whole is much more open-ended than Bioshock or Dishonored. It heavily encourages and rewards exploration so if you enjoy that, Prey is a no brainer.

Agreed. I find it the best of its type overall. The only thing I'd want would be no level loads ever and a VR version. Just well planned and balanced from A to Z.

News Comments > Dungeons 2 for Free
11. Re: Dungeons 2 for Free May 13, 2017, 11:52 HorrorScope

Dungeons 2 was quite a bit better from the first, which wasn't very good. What we should expect from a proper development pattern. I am interested in D3 if they continue the improvements. War for Overworld, yeah you can't make something much closer to a classic.  

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
23. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 11:49 HorrorScope

The should rip the music from this and replace it with Strauss classicals.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 12, 2017, 20:32 HorrorScope

Please be good?  

33. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 12, 2017, 20:01 HorrorScope

MeanJim wrote on May 12, 2017, 00:52:
Where were all of you yesterday when I asked for advice on getting a new monitor when mine suddenly crapped out. I have a 24" 1080p 60Hz monitor and I can run all my games maxed out at that res. I was basically stuck deciding if I should keep it cheap and just get another 24" 1080p 60Hz to hold me over until some kind of whatever-sync standard comes out or go ahead and go ahead and upgrade to a 27" 1440p 144Hz g-sync display.

Anyway, I spent all day yesterday going back and forth and couldn't make up my mind. I was getting late and the deadline for Amazon Prime shipping was closing in if I wanted it here Saturday, so I took a break, tried to relax by watching an hour of TV and downing a pint of beer before making my decision and going to bed. Shopping while buzzed helped me make up my mind, but also impaired my judgement. I said fuck it and bought a 1440p 165Hz g-sync monitor and went to bed.

After sleeping on it, I started having second thoughts as soon as I woke up. I don't think I have room for a 27" monitor on my desk. I do need a new desk anyway, but I wasn't planning on a desk swap so soon. Then the thought of re-configuring my games to run at 1440p hit me and what to do with those that I can't run at 1440p. Now I'm kind of wishing that I had gone with a 1080p g-sync monitor for half the price.

After reading that I would have recommended a 24" 1080 144hz, non g-sync. Once you see 144 coming from 60 and running games non-vlocked, you'll wonder what you need to spend the extra on g-sync.

News Comments > Dungeons 2 for Free
2. Re: Dungeons 2 for Free May 11, 2017, 21:44 HorrorScope

I had fun with it.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Gets Watson AI
15. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Gets Watson AI May 11, 2017, 19:24 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on May 11, 2017, 12:55:
This game is VR's killer app. Seamless multi-player that puts you and three of your friends in a cooperative strategy game that is every nerds fantasy?

Yeah this one looks special. I was wondering about less than a full human squad, so this is great news if it works right. Man how can buyers and game developers put pressure on the MFG's to make new models to keep the damn thing alive. I waited to long for V1 headsets now.

News Comments > GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers
10. Re: GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers May 11, 2017, 19:19 HorrorScope

I'm playing Prey on drivers a few versions back and evil grinning the whole way!  

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
11. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 23:32 HorrorScope

Right or wrong... this comes straight from wall streets direction. That sucks no matter what.  

6824 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo