Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6027 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month
14. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 18:52 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:49:
That's the problem. When these free engines were released, people started using the same prefabricated assets and that's so many unity engine using games look a like.

They try to face lift them to make them their own. It depends on the game and the cost. I'm able to look past great gfx if the game has a proper price point for what it is, for the most part I think they do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 6, 2016, 18:50 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 18:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 10:51:
This would no longer be a made for TV app.

I fully support this change!

Put it that way... I do to!

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
68. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 18:44 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:08:
All they had to do was indicate 2 weeks ago, $500+ and people would have gotten the point and had time to come to grips with the cost of entry.

Simple. Come back in two weeks now, you'll feel better.

51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 6, 2016, 16:05 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:03:
NKD wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:58:
Noticed post says March for expected shipping but the order screen now says May. Are they just getting a lot of orders?
This is the biggest bestest newest thing that has happened to gaming since, well since gaming. So you betcha, they have zero idea what the demand is going to be or how many to order from manufacturing. Expect that May date to slip even further.

Yeah hope they sell a ton, that gives it a chance. There have been good things that die that simply don't get support. If it sucks even with good sales, that will get out and back to us. But if it's good and it has support, we are off and running.

4. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:07 HorrorScope

Price wise, yes that is on the high end. In time that will come down, let those that have the jack, foster it.

For performance needs, that's been pretty much the low end base line we come to expect. I assume most that are interested in VR as awaiting to see the next VC's being released.

The 4 USB connectors, that's something I wasn't prepared for.

12. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 10:54:
harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 10:42:
anyone know if they are using prefab assets? that would explain the bland, generic look of things

i know they did that for wasteland 2 and it was easily noticable

I'd guess yes, aren't most doing the take the assets then mold it from there method?

if youre talking about prototyping, as in using placeholders that get replaced, then maybe

but if you are talking about editing them and using them as final product, then not really.. AAA studios dont do it, honestly id say most indies dont do it either...

more like "some" of them.. you know, the untalented ones.. the ones with no ambition or artistic integrity

I'm not sure we are talking a AAA studio here, I don't consider inxile one. I know a some of it's competitors did exactly that as they've been interviewed saying they did. Rapid development.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
14. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:20 HorrorScope

PunkiBastardo wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 11:07:
A little pricy, so I'll just wait for people to start getting it and see their opinions...

Yep, that is in the wait and see price range.

10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 10:54 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 10:42:
anyone know if they are using prefab assets? that would explain the bland, generic look of things

i know they did that for wasteland 2 and it was easily noticable

I'd guess yes, aren't most doing the take the assets then mold it from there method?

9. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 09:02:
Literally all it takes, for me, is for it be better than any Bethesdian game like FailOut4 or some 'casual' Single-Player MMO BioFail RPG. Hell, Underrail has pleb-level graphics and I still enjoy it. As long it has any of these elements: half-way decent writing, different ways to solve things, enjoyable quests, number crunching, stuff to read, or tactical-thinky combat. This new Torment game 'looks' to me like the Numenera PnP on your screen.

I bet I'll like this, but then I also like FO4 and DAI. Different style games, no need for all to be the same as the other.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 6, 2016, 10:51 HorrorScope

Isn't Twits claim to fame you can't type a novel? This would no longer be a made for TV app. Perhaps they should add 10 characters or so per year. Grow into that nose.  

News Comments > VIVE Pre Changes
8. Re: VIVE Pre Changes Jan 6, 2016, 01:35 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 01:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:05:
Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 21:44:
And that's a HUGE issue right there. Not all faces and head sizes are the same, not even close. How do you design a one size fits all for that?

How does Oakley making skiing googles? There will be more models in time, but for me, for me it just has to fit my head. Since I'm unspectacular in every sense of the word, it will fit just fine.

Cutter all you gravitate to is the complaints. Clothes have issues, cars, woman, you just have to go with it and see where it all takes you.

Cutter has a very valid point. One size does NOT fit all. I have a huge head, wear glasses and honestly my head has a bit of a point to it. It's nice that they are taking these into consideration especially with glass wearers.

Sure it's a thing as I alluded to in my reply as well. It will still fit most and in time there will be other models. What can we do? Not enjoy it because some heads might not work with it? But as I said, he just looks for anything bad in it, he's put a line in the sand a long time ago and he won't accept VR. If it does take off, I wonder if he'll ever be able to accept it or if pride will cloud his vision.

7. Re: VIVE Pre Changes Jan 6, 2016, 01:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 00:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:05:
And that's a HUGE issue right there. Not all faces and head sizes are the same, not even close. How do you design a one size fits all for that?

How does Oakley making skiing googles? There will be more models in time, but for me, for me it just has to fit my head. Since I'm unspectacular in every sense of the word, it will fit just fine.

Cutter all you gravitate to is the complaints. Clothes have issues, cars, woman, you just have to go with it and see where it all takes you.

Oh go fuck yourself, I do not. Assholes like you just choose to see the negative in other people.

You are constantly told by many you are a chronic complainer here, how do you not get the message? How is that possible?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 22:11 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 20:56:
Nucas wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 17:25:
it just feels unfocused and meandering. the writing is just too much self-important fantastic metaphysical bullshit.

Never played PS:Torment huh?

There will never be a one solution that makes everyone happy here, lol just coming from a post I mention the VR googles will fit most. Personally I like Voice Acting. However if you are going the read the dialog route, I like it short and quick, the better cool story you can tell that way, even better. I really love the Shadowrun dialog, it doesn't get all bogged down in paragraphs, but it is still a story you care about and get just enough characters, my mind can take care of the rest. But man that is to point and flows.

PoEt gets a bit bogged down for me, I assume we aren't talking the Backers Characters Dialog, just the main game. But it didn't go too far for me. Some games can, but then again, some love the really long stuff.

AAA Games make it so you get the main story VA'd and then a couple novels worth of Codex's and such to get the broader worlds makeup. Perhaps that is the win for everyone, take what you want out of it.

3. Re: VIVE Pre Changes Jan 5, 2016, 22:05 HorrorScope

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 5, 2016, 20:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 20:05:
A director at my place of work has win 10 on his surface. Windows updates now fail. Error code says something about files being corrupted, use troubleshooter to fix it. Run troubleshooter, it says windows update files are broken, and that it has fixed it.

Reboot. Still broken. Run sfc /scannow. "We've found corrupted files but cannot repair them."

Ran a few registry fixes, tried deleting some files. Still broken. Ran two scripts straight from MS's site that supposedly completely reset and reinstall the Windows Update Environment, and both of them fail.

Long story short, time to repair (ie, essentially reinstall) or reimage. Oh well, that happens, right? Well, not really after it's only been running for two freaking weeks.

So yeah, solid OS...

What kills me is the guy who after a couple weeks of release tells us it's awesome, more better than Win7 and all that. Well what happens if I next to never have a problem with what I got? How do I improve on no problems to report sir?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
45. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 5, 2016, 19:57 HorrorScope

Free consumer Oculus's to original Kickstarter backers, that would be some great news to make a day.  

News Comments > ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed
12. Re: ReCore for Windows 10 Revealed Jan 5, 2016, 13:21 HorrorScope

Any word on what DX12 is bringing to this game? I assume we should have some type of benefit which is meaningful.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2016, 12:45 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 03:26:
Content protection... lol... Same serenade from these people ever since VHS/tapes came around. Repeated for CDs, repeated for DVDs, repeated for Blurays and now its 4k time. They never learn.

Right. But better yet, this time around so very few people even care. Back in the day VHS and DVD's were HUGE. Blu Ray which I love is niche and 4k... yeah. I think they need to see how they can offer more to get people back from streaming.

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
9. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 11:26 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 10:21:
I'm torn on this. I hear its a really good game, but I don't want to reward timed console exclusives.

Don't think nor dwell on it...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2016, 23:33 HorrorScope

LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 20:04:
LiTh wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 17:48:
Ark is in alpha and you guys want optimizations and SLI profiles....wow

Yeah well the EA experiment continues... Some of these games are just living in EA and it's hard to get a feel when it will be done. So since they are doing these extended EA's, people are starting to ask for some finished game things. I will only EA the most anticipated games I want anymore and currently there are zeron on that list. I'll let the rest just sit there an stew until done, whenever that is. Some I don't think will ever be done.

One game they just continue to do sweeping changes to everything. I liked beta version 1.0, wish they would have just finished that and they could be playing around with the current stuff as a new game later on.

So your complaining about the constant updates on an early access game... OKKKKK!

I'm complaining that some games 2 going on 3 years of EA and still no sign of a final release. Many keep making big changes, wipes etc, testing things that weren't really on the original plan. So that is what I'm complaining on, not your made for Fox sound bite.

6027 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo