Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7074 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
53. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 19:11 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 18:55:
While I'd prefer a 1080P OLED over a 4K LCD, the sweet spot I think is a 3440x1440 ultra widescreen (21:9) OLED.

144hz? I would agree. Cost?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 1, 2017, 18:25 HorrorScope

MacLeod wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:24:
The link on that page the headline links to about amazon doesn't actually bring me to any actual deals on Amazon. Just goes to my normal suggested page.

2nd event at Amazon in the past two weeks that promised savings to get rejected in the cart my order doesn't qualify. In this case, nothing but pc parts as said. I hope they don't think it is still good publicity when I get rejected like that.

News Comments > The Secret World to Relaunch
9. Re: The Secret World to Relaunch Mar 1, 2017, 17:43 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:08:
As with any business model adjustments there is a significant risk attached to this change

You mean the risk of re-releasing a game that few people wanted to play originally? Yeah. I'm not sure I'd call it a "risk" so much as "probably setting money on fire."

Sounds like a call to players... this is the last chance and if you don't respond we're pullin the plug soon.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2017, 17:41 HorrorScope

Dman20 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:49:
Pending medical and exact taxes he's probably bringing home 65% of his pay after (401k, medical, fed taxes, state taxes, etc), so roughly 104k, 36k in rent later your down to 68k of usable income.

68k after rent is paid isn't bad at all, over 5k clear a month.

45. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 17:36 HorrorScope

Nullity wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 15:52:
It's an IPS panel. Acer XB271HK.

Monitors using VA panels aren't that common (especially for gaming), and IPS has significantly better image quality than TN. I was also worried about 1440p on a 4k panel, but it looks really good too. The PPI is high enough that any image degradation from the non-standard pixel ratio (1:1) is completely hidden, and looks much better than 1080p (27" is too big for 1080, imo). Whatever method this panel uses for the scaling was well done.

I want to jump in here at this spot I think, I've been a big believer in quality scalers could fix a lot of issues, esp in VR. When we think a 2k or 4k wide panels in VR, we then think, what kind of PC beast will I need to drive that, does it even exist? But if you had a good scaler in the process (99% of us don't and is why running not native rez looks like ass), you can have a 4k panel but run a much lower resolution on it and hold sharpness. What you gain is a much higher pixel density of the native panel, less black space between pixels, which creates the screen door affect. With that gone, a much lower rez still looks very good now, you notice the low rez today because of the screen door on the native low rez panel. Not saying native under a tight eye isn't better, but it is better than a lower rez panel and same resolution.

Using projectors for a long time now, pixel density is part of Image Quality since you are blowing small panels up over 100"'s, mfg's build them tighter to remove that black gap as much as possible, so when blown up it doesn't look like Lite-Brite.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
40. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Mar 1, 2017, 16:32 HorrorScope

NetHead wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:48:
Even the ones that are praised drop things that were stretch goals, frankly the law should be knocking on those doors.

Not for any one new one you have to take two away.

37. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 14:01 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:55:
Eh, I'm more excited for the Ryzen benchmarks tomorrow. GPUs have been in the "good enough to game well" for a long time. I'm also old for this demographic and wear glasses so 1080p is about what I can handle. I'm more excited for Vega, its price points, and its Linux performance. Nvidia can eat a bag of dicks for what they're doing to GPU passthrough and consumer GPUs.

Right now if I move to a 7700K I get a 45% increase in CPU speed per benches. So many though from what I read tell me... "games aren't cpu bound, they don't matter". But then I do find more rare sites that do cpu benches and it makes a difference, they use the same GPU and in fact using different cpu's have noticeable differences in FPS. I get confused about the whole conversation.

What I want is to be able to move to something around that 45% increase or better for $450 tops. That means proc/mb/ddr4 ram. Right now that isn't happening. Can Ryzens 6/12's be able to deliver that? That is what I wants ta know.

21. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 12:41 HorrorScope

bulbrook wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 11:05:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:29:
I really wish they had skipped this and just jumped into the overdue Volta. I've been sitting on my 3gb GTX580 forever, waiting for a card capable of 4k@60 max settings. This won't be it still. Where the fuck is Volta? >=(

Really? Wow that is a long wait. I have to say I run 4K 60fps on most games with a 1080gtx. Max settings is such a minor difference I would drop that requirement. I run a samsung 48" quantum dot HDR TV as my monitor and it is jaw dropping based on color and resolution alone. Lower some settings to get 60fps is not a big deal. IMO this 1080Ti is an amazing upgrade at that price, buy 2017 samsung HDR tv and you will never look back.

Most likely 60hz? If so, that is now the problem I have, I've seen 144hz and I don't think I'm ever dropping less than 120hz again.

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 1, 2017, 12:18 HorrorScope

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:53:
Absolutely worth it at that price. The 1070 was the best single upgrade performance boost I've ever gotten from a piece of hardware. Of course I was coming from a Radeon 280X, but that wasn't an ancient piece of hardware either.

Yeah having a 1070 I'm pretty sure I'm good to wait until next gen to see what is up there. Ryzen benches tomorrow.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 28, 2017, 21:40 HorrorScope

I wonder what Donny is thinking about Body Cam's, I'm thinking he might be against it and will try to gain support from the men in Blue. Control the police and the military... you can start to do what you want to do. wink  

News Comments > The Secret World to Relaunch
3. Re: The Secret World to Relaunch Feb 28, 2017, 21:38 HorrorScope

First Appetite for Destruction, then Bullestorm Full Clip and now this!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
68. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 28, 2017, 17:01 HorrorScope

Realmk wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 03:43:
If the dems continue the way they're going.Blatantly reporting fake news, proving that all these years later they're still the racists of the two parties. They'll be lucky to even keep their sanctuary cities.

I don't see it that way. I see it one side doesn't like news that goes against them, just like the other side doesn't like that and hissy fits break out. What I'm seeing is similar tactics that Repubs did to Obama for 8 years and then Hillary. Find an issue or two of debate and never let go, never, just keep bringing it up, new news or not, just fucking dew-it. Oh yeah but when the Repubs do it, they are right and just, when the other side does it... they are fake news and tards. Yeah whatever, I've been around to understand the game the joker plays. If anything it's a bunch of stupid ass humans stuck in a circular pattern of Hatfields vs McCoy's 2017.

News Comments > Stellaris Utopia in April
7. Re: Stellaris Utopia in April Feb 28, 2017, 16:46 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 23:32:
I have the game, it is not as good as Distant Worlds Universe IMO. Not sure if I will give the DLC a go. It was an ok game, just did not have that much replayability for me.

Amazed at how quickly I get turned off now by seeing a $60 game, especially when it isn't one of the biggies that bring in the masses.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Released
27. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Released Feb 28, 2017, 16:35 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:32:
looks like I'll be waiting for a year or so while they rebalance everything 4 or 5 times and add the remaining DLC which fills out the campaign story and completes the game "the way its meant to be" or whatever they will say

Yep Tyranny in front of this, in time. I still have White Marches to do.

News Comments > Avatar Game Announced
11. Re: Avatar Game Announced Feb 28, 2017, 16:28 HorrorScope

Ant wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 16:24:
Do people still care about Avatar these days?

Four more times, they do know.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2017, 22:37 HorrorScope

ARK: Interesting idea.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
2. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Feb 27, 2017, 22:35 HorrorScope

So you are telling me I only rec'd a partial clip when I bought this gem for $5? REFUND!!!  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 27, 2017, 22:33 HorrorScope

Microcenter pricing isn't an indicator, that's how they do biz. Notice in-store only on those. They want you in and try to get you to buy something else to.  

64. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 22:28 HorrorScope

Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 21:47:

The working class far outnumber the brainwashed naive Millennials,most of which will fail out in the real world because there are no participation trophies or safe spaces in the real world.

Yeah well I think we know what we are talking about, obviously not all working class, but he did bring in a segment that may go one way or the other or not even vote and I believe the Mil's would have been close to equal give or take in Bern's fav. You do know overall it was pretty close, no?

The Mil's still have a vote just like I can say uneducated people do (that would be me as well) and to note Mil's only did what their parents raised them to do. And fuck it. I have it on record Bannon thinks the Baby Boomers were the worst generation, go figure.

Hillary was a putz, there is some common ground there. But you can believe what you like, but I think Bernie had it if he would have been given a fair shake. Could be wrong. Things we'll never know.

As for Dems losing in a big way, wasn't that long ago it was the other way around. Perhaps we should suggest if people don't feel a lot better off, enough independents may go the other way teetering the vote. We'll see what Donny Moscow does, I think he alone has charged up some left side activism. We'll see in 2 years and then 4. One of the things I do like is people on the right are very confident this is a better way forward... I'll survive and thrive then! If you're right I win! If you are wrong... then unknown.

61. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 27, 2017, 21:02 HorrorScope

Realmk wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 18:53:
Comrade Sanders wouldn't have beat Trump either, don't kid yourself. The only states Hillary won are liberal coastal strongholds, Illinois and New Mexico also both liberal strong holds. The rest of the country is tired of the progressive globalist agenda, tired of the left's anti America stance

Yeah like the threatening meme about "look how much red is on the map vs blue, you don't want to piss us off". Totally doesn't take into account that almost all areas are between 53 to 47% one way or the other, not like everyone in Red is conservative. It's a closely divided country throughout, hence how electorate vs popular wasn't the same result.

Bernie had the juice on the Left and had the millennials, once they realized it wasn't happening, many lost their way. It was the same as Trump energizing Working Class Right. Like Obama energized in 2008. Hillary didn't energize her own vibrator, though the throne was hers, because she waited her turn. Bern only need a little more in areas they won in 2012. Oh well, water under...

I also don't agree with all the fear selling you stated, Fox News pull string blah blah. I'm well aware of that game. Yep the more educated left's are tards... makes sense. The more you know the dumber you are, sound logic like that. Check.

7074 Comments. 354 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo