Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6938 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
58. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 12:09 HorrorScope

Retired wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:33:
Quboid wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:31:
Retired, descender is referring to what you're parroting and your attitude, not directly what you said. I know it's terrible that everyone calls people like you racist but look at your fucking country. What the fuck are you idiots doing? If you're not condemning this, you deserve all the hurtful names you get.

Being descended from immigrants clearly doesn't stop people having a problem with immigrants.

I was attacked for merely pointing out how ridiculous the hypocrisy is. Believe me, I want nothing more than to break the 2 party system, but there is to much money involved. Won't happen in my lifetime.

It is trying to break right now, Trump and his guys aren't either party. This is as close to system changing as you are going to probably see.

To me talk is talk until action... Are we really sure we want this type of big change? Personally I did, but don't anymore, years and plans alter outlooks, I have to look out for A1's best interest and I've spent a lifetime building whatever wealth and future in this system. I see a lot of loss money for me in my golden years if the change is too great AND I believe whatever we have on the other side will have the same amount of problems, so I took a loss for no net gain.

It will only get so good is what I'm going with, history I believe shows that, well actually I believe in a little better today then yesterday, it seems we can achieve that. But some sweeping change into something great... dreamers. I also believe the rich and poor will come out roughly the same, but again with great anguish for all at first. But successful people are ambitious people (Genetic Lottery Winner may have a reckoning though) and they will go right back to the top. Poor people with low ambition will go right back to their nest, highly unlikely a law will change a persons ambition much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 11:20 HorrorScope

Another site noted around a 2.5% gain in performance. Yeah I think everyone here at least was braced for not much.

The plan with it was to make the game more get more cycles vs background apps. That sounds good and a good bit of time ago that may have mattered. But I can see these days, doing testing on my own with a fair system, that many things can be running in the background, taking up even say 25% (probably more) of cpu clock and a lot of ram overall and when playing the game... there is no meaningful difference in performance on/off.

Perhaps in the day when ram was tight and proc's were slower, these background apps were a fair sized problem. Way back, they surely were, but this is like an answer to a problem long solved. But it sounds good MS Cares!

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
36. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:03:
but on the flipside, if they're saying "we cut two not very interesting companions, and made the others cooler instead"

Something we'll never really know if it is true or not.

34. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 11:00 HorrorScope

Dacote wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 19:51:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
People really need to learn what Kickstarter is. When you back a Kickstarter, you shouldn't treat it like pre-ordering a product or making an investment. Instead, you are essentially donating money to an idea. That's it. It's better to think of it like Patreon. If the idea comes to fruition, that's great but there are no guarantees. If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

People also need to learn how game development works. It isn't an exact science. Ideas that sound good on paper may not work so well in practice. Iteration leads to better games and during the process, things will be changed or cut for the better of the product as a whole. If you can't accept this, you shouldn't be Kickstarting games.
+1

Posting a sane logical argument here, how dare you.

I hope your Entitled Gaming Man Baby insurance is paid-up.

Perhaps you should brace yourself for that outcome, but I think Cutter nailed it. I'm still a bit disappointed that D:OS cut many Stretch Goals and I know they will be doing that again. It is one of those things of... wow we blew through the first stage, we can get a lot more upfront which is always good, what can we add? Then that whole game begins.

16. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 17:25 HorrorScope

GinRummy wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 14:20:
I'm fine with delaying some stuff to finally get the game out that I helped Kickstart so long ago. I'm torn between playing right off the bat when I KNOW there will be tons of bugs, which is just endemic to CRPG software, or waiting 3 to 5 months for the 4th big patch that fixes the majority of stuff and adds in the delayed content.

Choose OR.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 28, 2017, 17:29 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 15:03:
Just think of how many expensive VR controllers can get thrown across the room, or through a window!

Same number of Wii controllers and that had mankind on the proverbial brink.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 27, 2017, 12:27 HorrorScope

Lets see the tech in the wild! Always promising stories.

One negative, my pc won't be acting as a free secondary heater in the winter.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced
34. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 27, 2017, 12:08 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 11:22:
It makes no sense that a popular game like this needs crowd funding. I really liked the first game, but after the success of their first product I would never give them money for a second, that just seems stupid. They made a lot of money on that game.

If you want to blindly throw money at them fine, but I will buy it on steam when it becomes available. In the meantime, I can use that money on other things that are currently available.

What some developers are saying is Kickstarters also act as advertising, that people become aware of the product if they buy in or not vs perhaps missing that a follow up is happening. I also think you can save a few dollars now getting in on the lowest tier for PoeT2 vs what it will be on Steam day one. I'm confident this will be released, might be a few years though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 27, 2017, 11:43 HorrorScope

Retired wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 09:41:
Microsoft kills the ability to uninstall stock apps from Windows 10.

They forget that is what caused them a huge lawsuit 15 years ago?

And things have changed a lot since and with less regulation coming... that's old outdated methods.

Use whatever O/S ya want, but I'm having personally no major issue with Win10, are there some things I don't like? Yep. But I can say that with pretty much any software, let alone just MS software.

Was driving yesterday, the drive had 15 incidents from point A to B. Using Google maps over the years, you can see how much data they take from us live and how much better the maps have become. The red traffic delay lines are almost spot on due to data mining. I really do like the accuracy, that said they know where I'm at pretty much 24/7, really can't think of anywhere I go on my PC that is that intrusive. Obviously my accounts and passwords are gold and I don't want that all over the place, but if I go to buttplugs.com.... yeah so? They know where I'm at 24/7. Now if you don't have a mobile phone you have legs to stand on.

What does this have to do with this news bit? Face it, the reason you really don't like Win10 is the data mining part of it. So when you hear information like this, it is another issue you can pile on, as your continue to justify and sell your stance. If there was no data mining at all, you would be on Win10 already and this would be an everyday minor nuisance, barely worth discussing.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2017, 12:02.

29. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 27, 2017, 10:36 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 00:13:
Sez who? Most of the opinions I've seen on the matter agree it sucks.

Says people in re-occurring BN threads on the topic. Says people at other forums. Says people in Steam reviews. Says the funding this round (95% funded in one day). It was a good game and with patches became even better at least balance wise. That's who sez.

Oh yeah on the real-time pause, that is one thing they did add in patches was a couple more options. They made it so you can set it to play it out turn-based. Anytime a member was done with their action it would pause, you set another order for them, un-pause. Still not as clean as true TB, but it played out well enough for me.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2017, 10:55.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 26, 2017, 23:34 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 23:30:
Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 23:04:
nin wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 19:09:
Considering how much I loved POE, I went a little nuts this round...actually I went really nuts. But hey, signed box, this time...

How badly did you splurge?

Signed box edition is 249$ US

Do kick starters ever honor box copies? I'm sort of wanting to do the $29. But this thing is about funded already and there will be 2 years worth of stretch goals added on.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers
16. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailers Jan 26, 2017, 23:33 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 22:55:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 19:21:
its so milquetoast and by-the-numbers it almost looks like a parody... hope its just marketing failure

but its probably just 'da: inquisition' 2.0 at the end of the day

Probably, but DA:Inquisition wasn't all bad. It was fun to explore, had nice zone design, had a pretty decent story, and some excellent missions.

I'm looking forward to it. In the end, it'll be "More Mass Effect." If you enjoyed Mass Effect before, I doubt anyone wouldn't enjoy it again.

Yeah it will be good... however there will be the sour pusses for sure.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition
21. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 11:17 HorrorScope

rawbelly wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 01:55:
from the site: "AN OPEN-WORLD SURVIVAL GAME
IN THE BRUTAL LANDS OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN"

nope. nope. nope. nope. nope.
THis will turn into the same vile crapmunity that Rust is.
That game made me want to sell my PC.

Saving grace is that looks like you can be on your own private server...alone.

You can't do that with Rust as well, private servers?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
16. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

rawbelly wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 02:04:
We need an old abandoned Football stadium somewhere where masses of people can just show up and beat each other to death, gladiator style. Get it out of their systems.

Correct, the angry people won.

My company gave up on Androids (400k strong), stated there wasn't a way to make them secure enough, moved to iPhones. Personally liked the Samsung better. Blackberry was more secure above apple. Cool story.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

Candy Crush XXL 4K  

News Comments > Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter
16. Re: Apocalypse Now - the Game Kickstarter Jan 26, 2017, 10:59 HorrorScope

Don't blow all your Kickstarter money on this one, we have Pillars of Eternity 2 Kickstarter coming up real quick!  

14. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 16:09 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 16:00:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:32:
...however, I would say that for me it is the most appealing type of game in this genre I have seen so far... but then again I hate zombie games, and I love the classical "swords and sorcery" setting, including all the gratuitous blood, gore and T&A that goes along with it.. especially the Conan version in particular...
I agree with most of what you said, except I actually like zombie games, even in my preferred genre, RPGs. Dead Island and Dying Light are great CooP fun, despite Techlands less than stellar writing skills.

One thing, that got my attention was you mentioning sorcery. At least imo AoC had the worst magic classes in mmogs, since I started playing EQ back in 1999. It's going to be one of the defining criteria whether I purchase this or not. Since I know there is PvE protection now, against scumgankers.

State of Decay 2... maybe?

7days will be cool and all when it is much more balanced and directed. Right now we have some shitty spawns, that are placeholders.... I hope.

13. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 16:07 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:24:
So what exactly is this game? another DayZ clone? Rust? etc?

Yes it is a survival game, perhaps better than std indy offerings???

depends on how you define "better"..

as a AAA release, it will unquestionably have more available raw man hours to devote to development, from a larger talent pool with greater numbers of more skilled developers contributing, not only considering they are all professionals, but also in terms of previous experience and so forth

there are more resources in general available to the team, from a number of perspectives

whether or not this translates into more "fun" or more "success" is another matter entirely

however, I would say that for me it is the most appealing type of game in this genre I have seen so far... but then again I hate zombie games, and I love the classical "swords and sorcery" setting, including all the gratuitous blood, gore and T&A that goes along with it.. especially the Conan version in particular

although ultimately I doubt the public servers will be much fun for people who are unable to devote many hours per day to keeping their settlements and clans and so forth running in real time

thats why Im hoping the NPC and PVE oriented content will be as extensive as possible, which would be unlike any of the other offerings in this genre... that would be cool tho

Exactly that is why I put perhaps in it. What these games need is a fleshed out antagonists PVE system. Fortrest Craft looks like it may be one that does both well at this time.

7. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 13:42 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:24:
So what exactly is this game? another DayZ clone? Rust? etc?

Yes it is a survival game, perhaps better than std indy offerings???

6. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 13:41 HorrorScope

Skullguise wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 12:32:
Hopefully they learned from Age of Conan. The tutorial area was amazing and then after that... Well they seemed to stop their efforts there. It was like two different games.

This isn't a mmo.

6938 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo