Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7499 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 14:34 HorrorScope

They are going to do what they do.

We all have a choice to make.

Asking them to change isn't happening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 11, 2017, 13:44 HorrorScope

I don't want to ponder the level of stupidity here.

And people worry about Win10 privacy:
http://tinyurl.com/ycr4ovkh

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Nov 11, 2017, 11:46 HorrorScope

Yeah discord is the answer. They've got the product and the numbers. I moved from Teamspeak a couple years back, right decision by far.

So their positive about a possible. Nice, are they running for office to?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2017, 11:43 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 11:34:
Pretty much these 2.

Also, dev really need to find a better way to move around. Warping around everywhere takes a big bunch of the immersion away.

At this rate, self driving cars will beat VR in becoming more mainstream.

These are things I agree with. When it becomes wireless, that will be a big step forward or at the very least, the unit calibrates and sensors itself, vs setting up a room. Technology is there for that and I believe an offering is coming soon doing that.

The warping part is probably my #1 dislike with VR. Yes it makes one less wozzy in the newbie stages and I'm not against the option. But making it an only option, that will never make it mainstream if that were the status quo.

12. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 08:01:
A "killer" VR app would be something along the lines of the openness of Skyrim or Fallout with the depth content of The Witcher series. Every VR demo I have tried is limited in scope.

What is funny is you just made a game that doesn't even exist in flat screens. You are taking perhaps the best at both those fields and putting them together, when they themselves don't have it. Killer products are racing/fly sims. That is killer. Now are you into that?

I think VR will have problem is in MP FPS/Moba type genres. The action is so hectic that it maxes gamers senses. Where in VR it will never be that kind of action and you can do the former for hours on end. VR has the option of a seated experience, which currently I do prefer, so you could do long sessions, but being so immersed in the pov, you still won't pull off quite the same heroics you can with a flat screen action. The games I've played in VR, generally speaking in those genres, simply haven't been able to go to 11 in that way. It is slower and more realistic offering some gamers will even prefer, but probably not most.

10. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2017, 11:32 HorrorScope

Dacron wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 21:45:
$600 for VR, or $600 for new games.

One will give me thousands of hours of entertainment, the other hopefully has games for it in a few years and a few niche products now.

Tough call.

It seems logical but just a way to make right in your decision.

First you can get in for $400.

Why buy a $400 video card upgrade when I already have an ok one and that can go to $400 more in games?

Problem probably is, I already have more games then time, so I don't even have to put dollars towards games at all. Probably more an addiction than smart thinking.

VR, do I want to experience something different?
Or am I content with the same games in general over and over?
Or do both.

9. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2017, 11:29 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 21:45:
Yeah, it needs actual product...good product and lots of it..which it doesn't have either of, nor does it look like it's coming. Everyone seems to be waiting for everyone else to deliver and that's what's killing it.

Don't you like snuggle truck? It has snuggle truck. A kill app in the sense we often use isn't happening because people aren't willing to buy the HW at the cost it is at today. There are some fantastic offerings today owners are thrilled with. To non-buyers they shrug it off, adds to their reasons why not to own VR, fits their narrative. In addition you also sit on more unplayed content then you will ever have time to play, VR just adds more time to a problem of time.

It's up to the HW mfg's at this point, how much are they willing to sacrifice to make a bustling new market? Or are the content with the chipping away method?

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
19. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 23:29 HorrorScope

If I had to guess, a new Fallout. Can't really guess a franchise that doesn't exist.  

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
4. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 8, 2017, 12:54 HorrorScope

It's going to take some time to build unions back up and under Trump it isn't building. It is still a step forward and it was agreed upon.  

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
42. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 7, 2017, 22:31 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 18:21:
Steam takes all the same data, too. When that happened, people were concerned, but the reality is it makes troubleshooting games so much more effective.

Really who isn't taking data from you? And what exactly do they get? Can you trust their words?

41. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 7, 2017, 22:29 HorrorScope

Fletch wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 17:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 19:54:
Only an idiot thinks their online pc has privacy. And you of all people telling us daily corps and govt's have us by the nuts.
"They're gonna get in anyway" isn't a very compelling argument to "upgrade" to W10 (not that you're trying to convince anyone to do so). Someone said earlier that Microsoft doesn't sell your data. I don't want them to have my data in the first place.

There gonna get in anyway isn't my argument to upgrade, just saying making that a cornerstone of not upgrading is laughable at this point in many ways. But if you think they already rake us back and forth, what does it even matter anymore? We were at game over in this sector years ago now.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 22:23 HorrorScope

SirKnight wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 21:24:
You've proven time and time again in the past how much of a complete nut job and grade A dumbass you are, but this comment takes the cake. Especially the part about God (capital G!). If you are that deceived and in that much delusion, you are definitely on a seriously horrific path. All things happen according to His plan. It is not our job to be expected to understand it. We don't know everything and the future like He does. He never does anything evil, that is Satan's doing. And it is Satan deceiving you and many others so they will turn away from God, especially in situations like this. Human understanding and logic is weak. Faith in Him is what will save you no matter what happens. Living by the ways of the world will destroy you. Who has ears to hear, let him hear.

I was praying (pun) that this would end in /s.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 7, 2017, 20:09 HorrorScope

MS Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true.  

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Dealt
1. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Dealt Nov 7, 2017, 20:06 HorrorScope

Looking forward to it.  

35. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 19:54 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:04:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:49:
who the hell still uses windows 7?

Uh lots of us because we give a shit about our privacy. Only idiots use Win10 willingly.

Only an idiot thinks their online pc has privacy. And you of all people telling us daily corps and govt's have us by the nuts. So in this case, you want us to believe in your fantasy-land that your pc is private and secure from them? LOL at best.

To the other guy about the Win10 Start menu being bad, it is superior to 7. My guess you just don't understand it all that well and take advantage of it and that is without any 3rd party apps, but if there was an app to improve it or other things, that is the beauty of a pc.

News Comments > On PUBG Cheating
11. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 21:11 HorrorScope

Pretty sure their goals are larger than player run servers for this game.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2017, 13:26 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 12:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 11:39:
I'm sure it won't hurt, but there is no lack of profits at the top, there is no lack of games anywhere and budgets are high. I'm sure they will stay as equally principles no matter the tax code. The industry hasn't been dry by any stretch.

Yes, it'll hurt...people. Once again that's just GOP par-for-the-course cut taxes for the rich/big biz and make everyone else - the people who can't afford it - pay more instead. And of course I'm sure all the moronic Trump/GOP voters out there think this is a good thing as per usual.

To clarify hurt the business or not, helping the employees is another question.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

I'm sure it won't hurt, but there is no lack of profits at the top, there is no lack of games anywhere and budgets are high. I'm sure they will stay as equally principles no matter the tax code. The industry hasn't been dry by any stretch.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 4, 2017, 01:51 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 22:54:
What's a comparable consumer tech that ran with overpriced, underpowered enthusiast models for less than 2 years?
Things like Blu-Ray, TV's.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 21:43 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:01:
Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:21:
that shit needs time to bake properly or else you'll get another half-asses "standing VR" from oculus that was never meant to exist.

Agreed 100%. I want them take whatever time they need to get it right. VR has more potential than pretty much any other tech/gadgets that have come to PC in the past many decades, and will flourish if the experience is the kind of amazeballs experience everyone is telling their friends about.

I think we need to treat it like all other HW. You come out with the best you can and sell it. If you wait it will never happen. They have it right, they just have to keep improving on product and cost.

7499 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo