Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6193 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
13. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 12:12 HorrorScope

So what happens? At the eom Win10 and Oculus compare spying notes to make sure their both accurate? lol I'd say anything running in your system tray I'd highly question if they are all acting above board. So many times I get updates on various things and the cynic in me feels, improved data collection (never in the notes) it the catalyst to most of these updates. Well the good news at least the gov't is against spying and data collection, they'll get it straightened out.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
17. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 1, 2016, 16:27 HorrorScope

I know a lot of people weren't impressed with Beamdogs versions, but...

It was nice having it playable on portable.
They just released v2.0 for both BG1 and BG2 with this release and there is a whole new setup of options, fixes, new charater and more.

We like to bury new teams imo too often, their first project isn't as smooth as we wish for. But they have a lot more time into the engine and reverse engineering that now they are really becoming efficient with it.

That said if you are past IE games, then there is nothing here for you.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
13. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 1, 2016, 14:18 HorrorScope

Good news if you don't like this game, Steam puts about 5 new games on sale each and every day, with 1000's in the backlog to choose from. On top of games that don't even come to steam which is another large amount. If you don't like any of those choices, then you are totally in the wrong hobby.

This is what they stated it would always be, some wanted exactly this.

News Comments > Developer n-Space Closes
32. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 19:42 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 15:00:
Still, all we want is a new NWN, it's not rocket surgery. How fucking hard is it to make a good CRPG editor? It boggles the mind how badly n-Space fucked this up.

Well anyone else can try their hand at it.... and their not. And you'll have fickle fans using a microscope to comb over every square inch and go ape shit if that special something doesn't match their vision. It's over-rated overall, for those that love it great, but it isn't some universal iron clad opinion. I thought it was very clunky, original quests blah. The modding scene was good in time and after several patches by Bioware itself. The games legend imo is greater than it's true self. But I wouldn't want to deal with the fans that will be unforgiving over such a product. That said WOTC needs to have something to mimick their table top game, its like DnD can't handle technology.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2016, 19:48.

31. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 19:32 HorrorScope

BurntSoul wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 11:58:
You know, I think the reason why Sword Coast Legends devs closed their doors was not because they had a shit game. I believe it was closed due to reviews made by a part of the community that felt/thought they were told one thing about the game and it didn't meet their expectations. Then you have the, 'yeah, me too' crowd that pig pile on top of those initial reviews causing a tipping point where no one will buy the game - merely because the Steam or Metacritic review score was bad. I can understand where they are coming from, but the issue itself became what the game was about to those who don't care to read. In short, a small group of Rabid, very loud fans of D&D (and what they think a D&D game should be) destroyed the chance of the game getting better. The devs in turn made less money than what could sustain themselves and the game in the future. Boom.

If it were advertised without D&D attached to it, the game would have had a much better survival rate and the devs would have probably continued working on it. When you attach D&D to your game, you'd better make it just like the tools in NWN, I guess...maybe they should have developed for another year?

It's too bad, really. The game itself never had any game stopping bugs, the story was good, it has an interesting multiplayer game mechanic that looks like something not seen in many RPGs (an easily accessible, live action dungeon master role using on-the-fly randomized dungeons + tilesets).

Agreed. Having a license like DnD, having a game named NWN that is mythic now imo, fanatics and promises. Well when it doesn't live up it is slaughter city. Steam has what a 53% mixed review score, a lot of that is expectation based. So when someone looks to buy a mixed score is a big pass sign without digging any deeper. I wouldn't touch this license just to not have to deal with the people and expectations. The one's that wanted the most for it where the one's that verbally destroyed it in the end, they ate their own.

If you pre-ordered perhaps you got burnt. If you didn't there was plenty of info quickly what it could and couldn't do no matter what the pre-hype/promises were.

2. Re: Developer n-Space Closes Mar 30, 2016, 11:32 HorrorScope

We'll here might be a good case at hand... It takes online connection to play single player. Will SP be affected by this? I also believe they use VAC which was already questionable, but would be nice to have that dropped before shutting the lights out. In this case it seemed like too much work with too little time given. Oh well, million and 1 games out there these days. It had potential, but most everything does.

The one positive is it will now be code locked, now hack modders can start hammering away (if the game can be started) and not worry about updates negating all the work. I'm looking at you many many games either released a bit early with dozens of patches or EA games that say in EA for years, it smashes the modding community because it breaks the changes/hooks over and over to the point people just give up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
67. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 23:23 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:49:
California raises minimum wage to $15 an hour. As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease. These are no skill jobs. They're not suppose to be living income jobs. People who "settle" at minimum wage jobs basically gave up on life. It's not the government's job to force companies to give these people a 6% raise every year for the next six years!

*I care not to say specifically how much

CA has a programmers minimum wage of 83K.

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
24. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 20:16 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 15:23:
If allowed to stand this may kill legal the software download market in Australia, because there are no companies that can afford paying out a $1.1m fine for refusing to make a $5 refund. Likely to hurt Australian consumers more than it helps them--which is generally what these laws do, anyway--the consumer bites the bullet in the end. I guess Valve will have to settle for a 75% restocking fee, etc.

GOG provides a 30-day refund period. But GOG will also refuse refunds after that date. Wonder if GOG does business down-under, and what sort of refund policy Australian law mandates in terms of time after purchase, etc.? The Aussie government may "win" but the Aussie consumer will likely lose. It's the same everywhere. I wonder if the Aussie government will have to refund any sales taxes it may collect on refunded sales?

Right. 1.1 million per transaction of a minuscule amount, yeah that's fair and balanced.

News Comments > Steam Controller Discount with Dark Souls III
6. Re: Steam Controller Discount with Dark Souls III Mar 29, 2016, 20:14 HorrorScope

Steam Link and Controller is a match made in bedroom heaven.  

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors
11. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 29, 2016, 11:49 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 10:18:
I want the gaming industry of 15 years ago back. When game development was a lot slower and the games lasted a lot longer.

I don't, it is never as good as we remember, we waited months/years for the next game to play, to make it to us. I will say with so many to choose from today that it is difficult to figure out what next, nor is there the same anticipation because there aren't these huge gaps of nothing to do but wait. So what can we do? Tell people they can't make a game because there are too many.

There are plenty of 1000 hour games, let alone just 100's of hours. There are games of all shapes and sizes and prices to. It's really a buyers market at this time. It seems everyone jumped on the free'r developmental engines and now many of them are finishing up over the past couple years and we see a lot of people lived their dream, made their own game to sell.

Let COD make whatever game they want, they are employing some good people, there are people that like it. If you don't, choose from the other 500 games available to you. Why get hung up on something you have no interest in? What are we saying otherwise? We want something from this Activision Dept that we like. So what would that be? How do they get a consensus on what we all want? It's a lot of hot air from us, because what is the alternative that is ultra cool that we all are sitting here wanting?

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2016, 12:26.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2016, 11:20 HorrorScope

"So what’s different about the Chinese government version of Windows? Haupter told Caixin that it features fewer of Microsoft’s consumer-targeted apps and services, while including more management and security controls, in accordance with the needs of China’s government."

All the ironies in this are of epic scale.

It seems the comi's got the secure version and what they wanted, where the land of the free got...

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Updates
1. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Updates Mar 28, 2016, 11:07 HorrorScope

Love how they run events in Early Access to.

So when it is released there will be a million expert players to compete against your green ass or a ghost town for those jumping into the game at final release as the majority have left eons ago after several hundred hours of game play. There's a way to do these things and a way not to.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 02:06 HorrorScope

Freddie wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 19:52:
What was so radically different in the E3 demos ?

We could still dream. Now it is what it is.

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
17. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 17:39 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 16:11:
Hell, I could make a few mil in a year or two on something like this I'd pull the plug and call it finished too.

Which is realistic, however you laid a pretty thick spread of hypocrisy, you b&m day in and out about this industry and then sauy you would do the same thing if you could.

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
16. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 17:36 HorrorScope

ShakyJake wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 14:28:
I hold this game up as the example of why Early Access is a terrible thing.

I would never judge it based on one game, that said there are others in the same boat, but then again there are others that did release and deliver. Research and risk.

News Comments > Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced
8. Re: Two Worlds II DLC and Two Worlds III Announced Mar 26, 2016, 11:43 HorrorScope

Really liked the game both SP and MP, hopefully they can make something more unique vs the field and have the story be MP. Most would like a DAI/Skyrim coop game and imo that would be the niche it would fill. They have the MP code already baked in. Probably not though.

Anyone name another game that went this long between DLC releases?

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2016, 11:49.

News Comments > Atari Vault Opened
12. Re: Atari Vault Opened Mar 25, 2016, 18:16 HorrorScope

If you don't have them all, someone will figure out which one you don't and then swear that was THEE one they wanted and would have boughten it if that was in. Whatever to this news, like we couldn't get our hands on it already, so you either like this package, you do what you've been doing for 10 years with these games or you just aren't interested.  

22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 20:45 HorrorScope

Ssds still aren't a necessity, if you can't afford you can still pc game. DAI I recd about Twice the load speed performance between the two which I still good. The 70 seconds sound like a first stArtup. Lots of other smaller games do not really need it either.

By the way I hate typing on an iPhone.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2016, 17:56 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 16:49:
Depends on your definition of "very little," I guess. They're showing it drains 10-12% of the battery in a day, just showing the clock on its face all the time while it's sitting on a table or whatever. I'd probably leave it off, it really doesn't bother me to press a button on my phone if I need to check the time on it. If you're out and about, the display is completely off while it's in your pocket and then would automatically come back on to show the time as soon as you take it out, so that's literally all it's saving you, one little button press.

Right, the thing is that is above and beyond what you are currently used to "off". So now one could say with it the phone drains even faster than before.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 12:27 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 12:22:
If you leave the SSD and pick something worse than a 980TI you will direly regret it. The 3.5GB of the 970GTX are a huge hindrance for the 2nd generation VR, only reason they pick that is because most people have a 970 already... from a pure upgrade perspective, even the current generation from nvidia is not a good choice, you wanna wait till Nvidia splurges out it's VR ready GPU designs. Which will likely include some hardware based features that give it an advantage.

And no SSD... once you go SSD, you never go back. If anything I'd say 250GB is way too frigging little for a gaming rig. I have 512GB ssd and even that is barely enough. And I only have few games on it (BF3/BF4/Diablo3/Anno2205/World of Warships/ETS 2 and XCOM 2)

Basically, those games where a decent SSD is mandatory. A slow HDD can make Diablo 3 entirely unplayable for example.

So don't be skimpy on upgrading your PC, because if you are you gonna be upgrading again and again. VR gen 2 is a moving target currently, so upgrade decisions should always keep that in mind.

SSD's are great but they aren't necessities. I have two systems with and 2 without, games play fine on them all. Loads are faster on the SSD, surprise. I never played Diablo 3 but if it requires a SSD then it sucks on another level to now. Is it because of long loads?

If one was building a pc just for VR and was budget minded, wouldn't the smart money be on waiting for the next gen video cards?

6193 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo