Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content
16. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 3, 2016, 01:32 HorrorScope

justice7 wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 16:18:
Have you guys actually played this game at all to any length? Taken yourself to alpha tribe status or perhaps engaged in a huge War in Ark?

Reading the comments here, clearly none of you have or this game would be seeing some major praise among the EA griping.

I've been waiting for release. I have a couple other EA games like this that I really like, but I don't like all the resets when every new version comes out and decided to wait now until release. I'm sure it's a lot of fun, I believe I even own it, just don't want to get wrapped up with something that can break server world saves etc

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 3, 2016, 01:30 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 15:45:
They keep adding content but the game runs like a fucking pig. I don't give a flying fuck how many dinosaurs they add when you can't even have the clouds going without losing 40fps.

Right and what is the defense? We'll it hasn't been optimized yet because it's in EA, those are the last things you focus on. But Happy Birthday everyone!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 11:21 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 22:15:
And that's a sensible and logical assessment of VR.

Because it fits your stubborn stance.

Yes for 2K and wanting to sell 10 million units the market isn't there.

But at this time there are people that do enjoy it, let them. The indies making the software and those enjoying it don't need 10 million in sales to be satisfied.

VR mainstream at the 2K sales level will take a few years, they can't even make enough for current demand. But with the Ps4.5 and xbone 1.5 coming out to better support VR, that will be a significant boost to player base size.

And as said, not all VR has to be room-scale.

News Comments > Steam Controller Report
7. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 2, 2016, 10:58 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 08:31:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 07:57:
GameStop has them down to $35. A friend of mine picked one up and the guy at the counter said that's the first one they've ever sold.

Damn, that's sad. I keep meaning to grab one...was hoping they did well for them.

Then again, how much pc stuff does GS sell these days?

Right. I got mine right through Steam. It's a very good controller and software.

1. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 2, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

1 year of EA. It's like the stupid saying of having your cake and eating it to. They want to call it EA because it isn't done, but then want to celebrate as if it's been done for a year.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 21:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:35:
If it's really got 80% of the performance of a 1070, for nearly half the price, then that's a no-brainer. I need to see some actual benchmarks first though.
Which if true means the 1070 will come down in price as well. So now the benches just have to come in good. Then we can compare the other features each offer besides basic 3d performance.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 12:15 HorrorScope

Yeah, I haven't done AMD in a coon's age, but yeah if this delivers for that price... Waiting on benches.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: PS4 May 27, 2016, 19:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 27, 2016, 17:34:
"So instead of making you buy an add-on, we're just making you buy a whole new $400(?) console. WIN WIN AMIRITE?!"

Yeah, I mean, who WOULDN'T want to buy a new console every 2 years for $400(?) At least it takes away the last argument against PC gaming, that it's too expensive.

Meanwhile, 100+ million customers (over both consoles combined) are going "WTF? What happened to consoles lasting five years or more?"

But each gen then the whole architect was different so it was a rebuild of everything. Now they can upgrade parts and keep compatibility. IMO it's a major difference. We'll see with sales if it works or not. As I mentioned it has proven to work in other sectors amazingly well. IMO a lot of people flocked to the cost thing because it was a little win on their side, but even barely these days, it died off quite a bit. Many can easily afford a new box every 2-3 years though.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 27, 2016, 11:39 HorrorScope

Germany has an all inclusive endorsed window? Interesting.  

7. Re: Evening Consolidation May 27, 2016, 11:37 HorrorScope

TheEmissary wrote on May 27, 2016, 08:13:
These incremental releases are really going to mess with the less savvy consumers. You have some parents that barely know anything about

I get selling this fear if things like smart phones didn't exist and those are even more casual. The kid will also tell the parent what they want, I know, I was a kid once.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 27, 2016, 11:36 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on May 27, 2016, 03:45:
Upgradeable machines with regularly upgraded, more powerful graphics and cpu? With keyboard and mouse support? Oh, my, somebody might even call it a PC!!!

But it is still a more closed system and more simpleton which many want. It's not like you are doing the upgrades or now have total access to the system.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 27, 2016, 11:34 HorrorScope

Yep give me speed because total security is a lie. We have some, but if someone really wants it. We know exactly what happens.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
47. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 02:19 HorrorScope

Rigs your wall of text... well the good news is that game can generate a wall of text where No Mans???  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 26, 2016, 22:12 HorrorScope

"But as someone who does the technology for video games, somebody doubling my GPU and adding 30% CPU is brilliant. I'd love that every two years. I'd love it every six months, if possible. All I want is the most powerful hardware that I can get my hands on, added the CTO."

He's right and the market will show it, keep everything 100% compatible and imo consoles have taken a positive step forward. Truly embrace k/m as a legit option in games it is good for and I'd be happy supporting consoles again.

38. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 18:20 HorrorScope

I don't think you necessarily need to have a story, but if you don't you better bring crafting, survival and building with you. No Man's, I saw flying from one plant to another, pretty much see the sites and name them if you are first, rinse and repeat. Empyrion does a helluva a lot more than that now, as do most survival games. So if they add crafting, conflict/survival, building/transformation... then the story becomes a nice to have option. This game got a lot of pub, but unless something has changed a lot of other games have lapped them overall in terms of sandbox fun.  

36. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:52 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:43:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:53:
What's peoples thoughts on Empyrion? It seems to be an epic scale with a lot more to do, from travel to planets all the way down to fighting in dungeon levels on each, crafting, survival, etc. A game that gets no pub vs another game that for some reason just gets all the pub, hasn't released, hasn't shown a lot to do.

I played Empyrion several months ago with a friend and we got bored really fast because we didn't see anything worth doing. You have no motivation to do things and surviving is really easy. It felt like an empty world with no direction and nothing pushing you to explore. So, basically, it seems to have the faults that people plant on No Man's Sky. BUT, that was months ago, maybe it's better now? We were expecting a space 7 days to die and that's not what we got.

I been watching my son play it the last few days and it looks better than what you make it sounded like months ago. I'm also big on 7 Days to, waiting for it to finish up. This late June console release, we'll have to see what that all means to the 7 Day franchise.

11. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 12:35 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on May 26, 2016, 11:49:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:53:
What's peoples thoughts on Empyrion? It seems to be an epic scale with a lot more to do, from travel to planets all the way down to fighting in dungeon levels on each, crafting, survival, etc. A game that gets no pub vs another game that for some reason just gets all the pub, hasn't released, hasn't shown a lot to do.

It gets no publicity because Early Access survive-n-build games are ALL still in Early Access, no matter how long they've been around. Show me ONE that's made it to a "full release". I'm done buying games that aren't even halfway through development, only for the dev to decide they made their money from me already so why bother doing any more work.

I get that, but No Man isn't done yet either, but the point I'm making is there is so much more to do in Empyrion and is on the same planetary level No Man is pimping, not as huge galactically, but lets face that, that is more of an instance/resource trick on their end vs fun game play. You can discover billions of systems to me means yeah we say it's MP, but we want to keep you much more segregated in reality, but shhhh you're not supposed to notice that.

But with Empyrion once on planet there is like 100x more to do, if not infinity! I guess what I'm saying is that game seems much more promising in terms of fun.

News Comments > Funcom Rebounds
4. Re: Funcom Rebounds May 26, 2016, 11:00 HorrorScope

"Going forward, Funcom is focusing on developing both smaller and larger scale games simultaneously in both Oslo and North Carolina, and aims to experiment with new ideas, technologies, and business models on the smaller projects that will serve to benefit the larger projects."

So you'll be focusing on everything in hopes you find something that sells. Laser focus. The Survival Conan games sounds ok, but it is very late to the survival party. They need to focus on being at the forefront and not getting to a genre late, that tons of indies have seen well ahead of them and took advantage of.

Game competition is at its height right now do to release volume and quality. Now just a solid idea and good execution doesn't guarantee success. For most of gaming's lifetime, that was all you needed to ensure reasonable success. They are late.

5. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 25, 2016, 23:12 HorrorScope

I have Wave over the past few months they just decided to cap my plan 100 mps at 300 gig. I was doing about 600 gig. Checked out their plans, it was cheaper to go with their 110 mps 1 TB plan than pay the penalty. They were charging $5 per 25 gigs extra. We're running out of Internets!  

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo