Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6192 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

You can talk amongst yourself during transit, not just into a phone.

The Signal God named Meglo

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 10, 2016, 16:40 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 14:45:
bobbyric wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 14:35:
"Are we part of a computer simulation?" If we're obviously part of a larger whole does it really matter if we are or not?

Haha

Only a badly written computer program could be as fucked up as the real world we see daily though.

Plenty of poorly written programs and with quantum that allows for variation.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2016, 19:39 HorrorScope

Can one give me a quick list what a vanilla server would be?  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
35. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 19:01 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 17:46:
Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 14:47:
Wow, PCs are no good anymore. Perhaps I should get a console.

Or just have some of each like me

Yeah I'm going to buy a console because a couple devs are intentionally gimping pc games. I'd feel like a chump if I gave into that weak ass tactic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 17:17 HorrorScope

The Fun Pimps will continue to own/develop/distribute on the PC.
The console version port is being handled by Iron Galaxy for the coding and Telltale Publishing

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
83. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 15:02 HorrorScope

Yeah this has gone ever further downhill with so many insecurities discussed. IMO you can focus on this BS drivel and make it part of your life, or you can just look past it and keep it out. Why would you want to bring this unnecessary drama into your life? If it is as bad as you think, then a natural adjustment is right around the corner, the pendulum is always swinging.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2016, 15:10.

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
20. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 14:17 HorrorScope

If you are a developer and using UWP if these allegations are correct, to me you basically don't care about the PC platform. That is fine, go away, don't need you, there are 100's of other games to choose from. If you think somehow where going to start thinking "Wow pc's are no good anymore, perhaps I should get a console". We see what's going on here, it's you, not the pc.

Reading that and taking it at face value, that is upsetting. Really that game deserves a 0 out of 10 for its technical achievement. Again though it is YOU not US. Geeze to even release that.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2016, 14:33.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 14:08 HorrorScope

I agree Verno. IMO they should have wrapped up 7D2D a long time ago and what they are doing now would be the follow up game. It's sort of maddening to me, I've already played the shit out of it. I was doing the server thing, the mod thing, but it just breaks all the time with update after update. So that's out doing that anymore, way too much time soaked in stuff that is over-written/obsolete.

But I seemingly always had the need to mod it because of design decisions and well it's ALPHA what do I expect, they say? But that is this whole EA thing, it's out but it's not out. I wonder when it is fully released who's all going to be around for these games? And then there are off-shoot games for some of these elongated EA games, then consoles versions never before talked about pop up. You haven't even finished the PC version which we were supporting you the whole time to do. Maddening.

So in this case we get news of in a couple months this is going to be released on consoles. The game isn't even close to done if using their past development traits and their list of To do's still. But now all of a sudden everything just wraps up and is considered done? I'm actually ok with that, but is the game at that point? I guess they'd know.

It's hard to put your total arms around all these EA variables from a consumers perspective. The game in general has been a lot of fun for the most part, which I haven't played since a couple versions back, just waiting for the end line. They've sold a ton on the PC and made a boatload.

Odd shit is odd. It's straight up random really.

58. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 23:52 HorrorScope

Rilcon wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 20:49:
Also jfc stop shoving the term "SJW" everywhere, it's idiotic. There's no grand "SJW conspiracy" and the term barely means anything these days compared to what it used to.

Yeah, I guess it's the new entitlement.

45. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 18:01 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:45:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.

If you think the SJWs want equal rights, I've got a bridge to sell you. It's all about the elimination of men.

Ignore. You see this is how it works. You talk about them they gain strength by recognition. If you ignore them this is what happens... "I'd love to get my (insert agenda) but damn it no one will even listen to us." Dies on the vine.

44. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 17:59 HorrorScope

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:13:
Never understood any of this nonsense from either side.

I don't see what the big deal is when someone sticks in a gay/transgender/lesbian etc etc in their game. The world is full of all different types of people, including these. So if they show up in a game world..big deal, it's just an emulation of the real world.

Another thing I don't understand is when developers put some of these different types of characters in a game, why announce it to everybody that this character is <insert favorite sexual minority here>. Just write the character and give them the qualities that you want from whichever sexually diverse group you choose, but don't announce it. Just let the writing and the character speak for themselves, while letting the audience make up their own mind as to what this character may or may not be. If they even mentally stumble down road.

I don't get it either, pop culture and politics are always inserted into fictitious writings tv, movies and games. I don't get who's all up in bunches over it. To me it's the writers and directors vision, if you don't like it, dock it points, don't play it, but I don't see that some type of stance has to be made.

Talking about it gives it the power, you ignore it and it goes away from your life.

I mean hell I could get upset over mmo special events just seemingly coincide with Earth based events. OMG it pulls me right out of the frickin game!!! That isn't their lore, that is our own.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
13. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 6, 2016, 22:07 HorrorScope

This is what wall street does to gaming. Way too much P2W in this it sounds like. Good thing there are 100's of other games to play.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 6, 2016, 18:48 HorrorScope

Well here's your strong position sony... you have VR and MS doesn't. Mixing console and pc as competitors doesn't mix, only unless you release it for the pc as well. It could sell for $12 on a PS4 and that would do nothing for me. But then again this isn't even sony speaking.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
49. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 17:59 HorrorScope

rudra wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 16:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 16:10:
Blackhawk wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 16:03:
Are people so desperate for real issues to get upset about that one NPC shopkeeper becomes a 'controversy?'

I'm tellin ya, bunch of Nancy's here. This whole gate/sjw stuff, you can easily ignore and it has zero effect on you. Now if you want to get all caught up with the ladies gossip...

you can also make comments on the situation without being a "nancy"...

you see - thats what message boards are for

of course, you can easily ignore the message board and it has zero effect on you. Now, if you want to get your panties all up in a twist about it...

"Give them a name and you give them power"

Girly men. How people get pulled into such trivial things.

42. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 16:10 HorrorScope

Blackhawk wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 16:03:
Are people so desperate for real issues to get upset about that one NPC shopkeeper becomes a 'controversy?'

I'm tellin ya, bunch of Nancy's here. This whole gate/sjw stuff, you can easily ignore and it has zero effect on you. Now if you want to get all caught up with the ladies gossip...

36. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 15:26 HorrorScope

The soap operas people get themselves stuck in.

The game sounds like there is a lot of bugs, that is the issue. Perhaps the characters/story aren't so hot either.

If you don't like the IE engine/games, well you've had decades to receive that news.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
45. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 11:15 HorrorScope

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 04:43:
The paradox is that this here issue of giving up your privacy - selling your soul, really - is so sugarcoated with content and convenience that nobody will bother.

I think that explains it well on if we should march against it or not. There is commercial data mining and security data mining. Commercial side we don't like ads, rather not be tracked, but it isn't the end of the world, there could be some vague benefits of knowing your customer better.

As for security, if you are a bad person, perhaps you should be afraid. If you are a good person you may think it helps track down some baddies. The ole saying "I have nothing to hide" comes into play. So it isn't all just terrible things that data mining could lead to.

Perhaps the worst thing that can be said for this is few systems are truly secure and others break in and steal data for fraud, now that could be the biggest sucky thing that can happen to a happy go lucky, non-criminal internet user.

The simple answer is this. If your PC/Device is connected to the internet, it is now assumed a public device. You are no longer in the privacy of, you are in the public. It changes your perspective on how you look at it and I think it can even be thought of as a reasonable conclusion. If you want your pc to be private, don't put it online, it isn't trackable live that way.

I assume at this point I am well known by lots of people/entities/govt's. The part that most likely has a chance to get me is security leading to fraud, but I have protections against that to, just a hassle if I have to kick in the process of fixing.

44. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 11:07 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 23:32:
Funny how when people raised this as a concern back when Oculus first announced they were bought by Facebook, there was this huge crowd of pooh-pooh'ers that was whitewashing it, and saying there was no need to worry, yadda yadda yadda.

Annnddd... yeah, looks like there was plenty of reason to worry. Use an Oculus Rift? We'll use our geo-locator to find your exact location, your IP address, your internet behavior, everything you have installed, and we'll share that with "third parties", by which we mean we sell it to the same advertisers that Facebook sells all your shit to.

So, yay? Sigh. It'd be nice if SOMETHING could be released in this day and age without being infected up the ass with spyware shit...

Yes this was discussed. I felt and feel like this on many issues, the time to discuss this is now not speculate way too far in advance. It isn't like it would change anything and we really didn't know for certain.

So now with the product out we have a phone home service running. Is that exactly what we discussed a couple years back? Or did we go further with tighter Facebook integration yet? I'd have to go back to see, but I bet we were a bit more extreme worrying about even more invasion back then.

Yes, the news is out and now you know where this is at. If that matters to you in a very negative way, don't buy it. I doubt many here care about each others personal choice if we do or don't. I'm still waiting for the Vive and then many more reviews of both.

A phone home service, while not ideal, is now very common and as I said, those tray apps like my mouse software, my steam, my insert whatever else... I bet a lot have various phone home timers. Then some additional startup services as well. Like Adobe, google, apple, Nvidia etc. The battle for this type of tracking is over, we lost.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2016, 13:13.

29. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 18:00 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 17:48:
Well maybe your privacy means nothing to you but it means a lot to some of us.

Right, but is it not only too late, but way too late? Personally I think that game is over, they got it and will continue to get it and that is most things connected to the internet. Really from this point they should just say anything person/device connected to the internet is considered public record.

13. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 12:12 HorrorScope

So what happens? At the eom Win10 and Oculus compare spying notes to make sure their both accurate? lol I'd say anything running in your system tray I'd highly question if they are all acting above board. So many times I get updates on various things and the cynic in me feels, improved data collection (never in the notes) it the catalyst to most of these updates. Well the good news at least the gov't is against spying and data collection, they'll get it straightened out.  

6192 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo