Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6795 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 5, 2017, 23:49 HorrorScope

Good to see a revision Vive coming in a couple months.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 20:02 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 19:09:
No shit right? For those that like the term "Fake News" (a hilarious term, I guess its the new "Conspiracy Theory" term), I remember quite clearly when fake intelligence

Fake news is a thing, there are people that have come forth and told us how they did it, why and how you can make money at it. These aren't political parties or official entities. They created fake news out of thin air to rile people or push an agenda, but the bottom line to get clicks and money. That is different imo.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2017, 20:22.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 5, 2017, 18:54 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 09:28:
Microsoft has started porting their console exclusives to the PC and has redoubled efforts to unfuck the Windows Store. Spencer constantly mentions the PC platform now, its getting a lot of attention. What else were you looking for?

Right. The question is will they do a good job? Probably not. But we'll see over time.

News Comments > VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed
9. Re: VR Rifle and Haptic Vest Revealed Jan 5, 2017, 18:48 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:07:
I wonder if any thought of the mental effects this stuff is going to have on people.

You mean like 24/7 news, electronics and water supplies?

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
48. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 18:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:41:
Note that their idea of "crystal-clear 1080p 60FPS" is bs. OnLive claimed the same thing, and in reality, because of the way the internet works, your stream is constantly going to be losing data, and thus you're not going to be looking at a crystal clear 1080p. In reality, you'll be lucky if you're looking at the equivalent of 720p.

It's hard to state an equivalent because we are talking penalization, stutters, smears, etc. I rather have perfect 720p vs hiccuping, pixelated blurring screens. They do have a free time, I should try a couple games though to see first hand where they are at with all this.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
50. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 18:22 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 16:46:
Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 12:46:
There are, by reports, like 12+ full planets you can investigate and several small outpost like sections, so where that's concerned it should be fine. Also, ME1 had just as much combat as ME2/3, it was just shitty combat versus decent combat, so eh.

Wait for reviews. I'm planning on getting it day one, so I will post a review a few days later.

The real question is, did they just DA:I this game? I saw a lot of "collect resources and upgrade your stuffs!" bullshit in the previous trailers. What do you think of this game so far?

Is that called DA:I'ing a game? Tons of games have that stuff and people like to craft... so you gather to craft, no?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 5, 2017, 18:19 HorrorScope

ventry wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 18:14:
First I had a good belly laugh when Trump got voted in but the best laugh came with the wailing, moaning, gnashing of teeth sour-grapes of the Hillary supporters. None of whom have any idea how to go to the fridge and pour a glass of "suck-it-up-you-lost-now-get-over-it" juice.

I find hilariously ironic that the "progressive/leftist/sjw's" who promote and push tolerance the most are the LEAST tolerant of all when they don't get their way.
ROFLMAO.

There are more people than not imo that aren't either Trump or Hillary Supporters.

Don't discount the Conservative whine, themselves they went in total gridlock mode immediately when Obomber came into office. And their fans, they've been posting every issue in the world being Obombers fault every day on facebook and the like that entire time, they still talk about Hillary to. I judge Trump on being Trump.

We're all fools is most probable.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2017, 18:32.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
39. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 14:52 HorrorScope

Sho wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 01:22:
Feeling sad for people who can't enjoy games I guess.

+1

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2017, 11:26 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 04:08:
And after that, the cycle will start again because we homo sapiens do not learn from our own history.

And just think 1/2 of America has been programmed by a specific 24/7 news channels to truly think the other half is retarded, whom part of that 1/2 are the progressives. Some learn, but it is hard to overcome opposition numbers some time.

As for this specifically its about price and caps, will big business win where they make more money if you stream vs pay for more cable etc? I'm assuming that is what the biggest of boys want, where it isn't cheaper to stream content.

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Jan 3, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 08:12:
I don't get the complaint. They're not saying anything about hacking related to Fallout, just using it as the stock photo. It's really that or The Matrix.

What other stock photo can quickly convey "hacking" to pretty much anyone that sees it?

Yep. I see it as funny, but nothing more, as you say it could have been matrix #'s that have been used since the first movie and no one bats an eye... show them a fallout hack screen.... lol

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 3, 2017, 01:18 HorrorScope

LOL that shit is funny, they just need some type of screen to fit the bill as a placeholder, but being Fallout, lol.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2017, 17:04 HorrorScope

shinchan0s wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 16:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 13:42:
Still don't get why AMD is so hung up on HBM2... considering no benchmark showed any benefit of it.

As a mini-ITX user, I'm hoping HBM gives us smaller graphics cards like they're saying. The only current gen enthusiast class cards that would fit in my case were reference cards or an EVGA 1070/80 and they're only going to get longer and fatter with GDDR.

There are some mini-versions out there.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2017, 15:26 HorrorScope

Phasenoise wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 15:05:
REGULATION IS TEH BADZ. STOPPING TEH INNOVATIONZ AND STUFFZ.

Meanwhile, countries with working regulation merrily go along with dramatically faster speeds, at dramatically lower prices.

But, I know, their innovation must be stifled SOMEHOW.

Yep, if there wasn't other countries doing things differently and being successful in doing so, giving people more protections and rights, then I could write this all up as me be a hopeless dreamer. But what came out a couple days ago? A couple euro countries making it illegal to email employees after hours and expect them to work, to answer. To me that is a good healthy thing as we can see bosses/employers always over-stepping their bounds. Great we created tech to make us work more in ways we never expected.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2017, 12:40 HorrorScope

Happy New Year to you to mf'er.  

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
1. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 13:42 HorrorScope

Simply amazing stuff.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 19:39 HorrorScope

Just wondering why we are calling 2016 a bad year? Not necessarily arguing, but wondering why many are calling is so.  

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 30, 2016, 12:30 HorrorScope

Boo on vive... that is not how you start up a new tech by keeping prices high and models stagnant. That is how you don't do it.  

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 29, 2016, 00:03 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 23:12:
Delaying them doesn't equal "killing" them.
Also, you can delay quite a bit in Enterprise, so this may be an extra tweak for enterprise.

I think it's very doubtful MS will let most people have control on this.

Stop BITS and Update Service. Done.

If you use their new Settings style screens, you've basically took 20 years of PC experience and threw it out the door. That is console level control, fuck those screens, go back to core controls, not this shit. Don't be a noob and ignore beginner level articles that only talk about these settings.

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
15. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 28, 2016, 17:37 HorrorScope

|RaptoR| wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 21:12:
Otherwise, not quite sure I follow.

Google, he isn't all that well liked.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2016, 17:34 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 14:47:
Cars, as you mention, spend the vast majority of their lifespan sitting unused. With a network of self-driving cars, this changes. You don't own a car, you just hire one to take you from point A to point B. Each trip will cost you more than if you owned the car, but now you don't need to buy or lease one, and don't need to park it (think about how much of America is taken up by sprawling parking lots.)

How will long road trips work? No clue. But all transportation will likely be public-ish. Smart routing will even make shared pooling simple and unobtrusive, though people will certainly pay to avoid it at times.

Sounds cool, you'll need strong progressive politics, the old-school will fight this in some way. Alt-Wrongs will talk about freedom of owning a car and all that and they'll never give in! Good times ahead.

6795 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo