Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6031 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
11. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:45 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:00:
Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

Yes. True for UWP (Windows store exclusive) apps. You can not mod UWP games, no multi GPU, no G-Sync/FreeSync, no MSI Afterburner, no Fraps, no GeForce Experience (no ShadowPlay), i.e. no support for any overlay 3rd party app at all.

UWP apps = GFWL 2.0 ... only even shittier than ever!

Is all their announced Win 10 games coming out under UWP?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
9. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 21:06 HorrorScope

Seems like LOTR and DDO is headed for maintenance mode, however they are saying no changes are being made to the plans they have laid out as of now. We know how the mobile part will go, they have their Batman game coming out, right? In a year they'll have to decide if they want to carry on as a company and make something new for the pc or take the two mmo's out of maintenance mode. I loved DDO, if only there was a way to update/remake it, like mentioned a user friendly UI for one.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2016, 21:17.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
8. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:00 HorrorScope

Like how they don't want to mention a MOUSE and you had no choice of No Controllers. MS same as it ever wuz, if the CEO knew... he'd fire pretty much anyone associated with PC Gaming and start a fresh.

Oh and not listing privacy as a reason not to upgrade to win 10, yeah again keep burying your heads.

Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
30. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 8, 2016, 00:58 HorrorScope

:18 - Confidence  

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
22. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 22:08 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

I still use around 10 mods... so there is that. Not that they see eye to eye with me on those.

News Comments > VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue
11. Re: VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue Jul 6, 2016, 20:47 HorrorScope

saluk wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:52:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:58:
If you use the HDMI port, which behaves better all around on the Vive anyway, you're fine. They make it sound like a disaster.

I hdmi to my tv, and there's only one hdmi port. So I can't hdmi to vive and have to use the display port. So yeah it's a bit annoying for me. This is a very common configuration for the Vive, as you can always count on HDMI input to tvs but other inputs are spotty. It's not the biggest deal, but a pretty big facepalm. Specifically improve VR features, while also breaking a common configuration.

Come on NVIDIA.

I have a hdmi switch for A/V, do these work in this case as well?

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 20:15 HorrorScope

My avg purchase $2.37. I need deeper discounts people!  

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
10. Re: Nothing hidding in Polaris 10 Jul 4, 2016, 18:12 HorrorScope

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 13:20:
NetHead wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:30:
So Vega is an entirely new DIE and CHIP ? If so that would mean by the time it's out, Nvidia is gonna push a TI version of GP104 (it has plenty of headroom) to compete against that with barely any extra development no?

Just seems like AMD is basically doomed to lose what little market share it has left if they don't release some positive press soon. At the latest by xmas tons of people are gonna plan to upgrade.

Yup, and that's pretty much the usual story there, a whole cat and mouse thing. Nvidia also has the GP102, which is what the "Ti" or Titan cards are expected to be based on, meaning then they wouldn't be the same chips as 1070/1080 just cranked up.

Then AMD have Vega 11, then Nvidia still has the full Pascal in GP100, and then AMD has Navi..

and so it goes...

I still think it's going to take months (easily 6+) for us to see how things end up, the dust isn't going to settle until all the cards are on the table. I also still think we haven't seen the real benefit of this node shrink yet.

About AMD's market share, in that regard they're doing it well and that's the reason for them focusing on the lower/mid range first which sell a hell of a lot more than the higher end.

Also since the lower end chips are smaller they get more per wafer, so even before the 480 was released there were more Polaris chips floating around than 1070/1080 chips despite those already having been released first.

For the whole market share thing it's the best move they could have made. Unfortunately that's also part of the reason prices for the 1070/1080 are astronomical.

Thanks, you saved me the trouble of explaining it. I'll probably pick up a 480 in a month (once vendor boards are out). I'm running a 7870 and I would much rather pay $200 for an R480 than the projected $250 for a 1060 that (according to the benchmarks I've seen) might give you 5% more performance. Tech Report always does a performance/dollar graph and the R480 owns that metric. That's who AMD is targeting (along with the next gen of consoles)...

Interesting I saw a graph on 15 games avg together on a benchmark and then a commenter did the math and right now 1080 and 1070 are owning that metric because they are just so much faster. I could find it...

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 4, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

I bought a couple handful with an avg price of $2.37.  

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
1. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2016, 11:26 HorrorScope

Under-volting.... who knew?  

News Comments > Nox for Free
3. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:01 HorrorScope

They're pulling out all stops this 4th of July weekend.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Is Lyme Disease Curable? Jul 1, 2016, 18:25 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 18:01:
I made it to stage 3 before figuring out I had it. Went to 5 different doctors over a few years trying to figure out what was wrong with me, none of them mentioned Lyme's disease, even though my symptoms were a perfect match, other than I never had a bull's eye rash.

Before I knew what I had I thought I was dying, sometimes I could barely walk when I woke up in the morning, it would last for hours. All my muscles and joints started to hurt, I noticed I was out of breath very easily all of a sudden. I'd forget words at random, it happened all the time. I started to get this unending pain in my lower legs that felt as if it was coming from my bones "the doctors said that was probably vitamin D deficiency, nope, tests came out just fine".

Out of nowhere I suddenly had what the doctor said was "multiple pinched nerves in my neck". I could barely move my right arm, the pain was so intense "for 3 months" I felt like stabbing a knife through the nerve in my arm. I couldn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time, then when I woke I would cuss for 2 hours straight because the pain was so intense. It began to feel as if I was losing my mind. This was the worst experience I've ever had. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. I thought about suicide constantly as a way out because the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. I refused to give up and read as much as I could until finally coming across "Lyme's disease".

2 weeks into the antibiotic treatment I began to feel like myself again. 3 weeks and I literally cried because I felt so good, I never though I would feel normal again, I could barely tell the brain fog was there any longer. My legs no longer hurt, nor my muscles or joints. 4 weeks I noticed I wasn't so easily "out of breath".

Thank whatever god you choose that you found it early, because if there is a hell then I was in it.

Edit: More than one doctor said I was merely depressed, prescribed me an antidepressant and sent me packing.

Sounds like experiences I have with docs.

Glad the two of you got it figured out.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2016, 14:49 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 14:20:
In today's digital world, it appears to be a virtual certainty that computers accessing the Internet can—and eventually will—be hacked."

So that makes it okay and legal to do? I don't think so. If the "network investigative technique" was run in a script in the browser or flash player then that's reasonable.

Notice how he said 'home computers' because we're now second class citizens behind corporations and government computers which are also connected to the same Internet. It should also apply to them as well since it's the same internet.

What a strange ruling. Home computers are okay to hack because it's inevitable to happen anyway. That's the logic he used?! Really? Did he just declare open season for hackers?

Yeah not so much the article but what we do online being considered public.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Ban White Trucks!!! Jul 1, 2016, 13:32 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 13:04:
You have the facts mixed up, it was the driver that caused the accident, not the Autopilot. Before Autopilot can be used, drivers have to acknowledge that the system is an "assist feature" that requires both hands on the wheel. Drivers are told they need to be prepared to take over controls.
Something about Beta software...

These things, your scenario and cutters is why I'm bullish in simple assisting. These things ultimately will get bogged down in official court and court of public opinion. Every mistake this system will make will be magnified.

AND ultimately to your point, you cannot give me a full autonomous car and then lay down "but I'm still ultimately responsible and have to be alert at a moments notice". This goes against human nature, if your car is going to handle 99.9% of the driving and you don't think I'm going to get comfortable with that and do something else, you are a FOOL. This is a suckers deal.

Give me break assist, something I can use now, can help and not being watched like the end of the world is upon us.

The metric system probably has a better chance in the US still.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2016, 12:26 HorrorScope

"Home Computers Connected to the Internet Aren't Private, Court Rules."

I know some people will not like it, but to me it is the only sane way of looking at it with where we've come from and where we are going. You want a private pc, disconnect it. The moment you plug it in, that is like your PC walking down the street... public.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Ban White Trucks!!! Jul 1, 2016, 12:23 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 11:14:
Figures for 2014 show 32,675 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2014.

I would still feel safer in a vehicle with autopilot.
nhtsa

Right. I hope they don't over blow something like this, what is the saying the "trees from the forest" or something. If it were only 50% better it would be miraculous. It's very possible it will be way better than 50% better.

But imo it is a long ways off, I'm going for driver assist braking next car, that one alone is a big enough ooop's catch for me, that is my current #1 fear driving, because it is far from just a cell phone that can grab your attention for that moment and if the guys in front for some reason has to brake hard the same moment and break assist can save the day, yes Yes YES!

Now if the other guys can get brake assist to, great! This has to chop off a good number of accidents. The guy rear-ended me.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2016, 12:17 HorrorScope

First that was a ton of speculation on the 1060, but yeah you have to go 4 gig min on this card.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 1, 2016, 10:12 HorrorScope

Other brands will most likely add the additional power pin connectors to their 480's.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2016, 20:22 HorrorScope

Yeah whatever, it works. And if you are working out and not losing weight then you are gaining muscle mass which some prefer anyway.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 20:02 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 19:18:
This is not sitting in traffic though, which is where 1:1 merging needs to be observed. Also the "being ahead" merge rules shouldn't apply either.

If your lane is ending, you yield.

I think you have a solid point on the your lane ending, merge. That said, imo there was plenty of time for either to just get by whichever way as long as an incident doesn't happen. I think we deal with this stuff ourselves all the time out there. He really went out of his way to try to make a point with her. And then did the snitch thing and got the cops, which is a whole other point.

6031 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo