Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7495 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
20. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:03 HorrorScope

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:43:
I'm a singleplayer only guy so laaaaaaaame, but honestly there's plenty of games for me out there so whatever. Glad people interested in this concept will have a game to play that excites them.

Sanity has spoken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 11:02 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:10:
Bluesnews: FALLOUT IS DEAD! YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Fallout has been 'dead' for a long time. The Elder Scrolls Fallout types are just a generic Wasteland game with Vault Boys.

Right you have the various sides, but anything less than what you just stated that you didn't like, brings out an army of "how dare you's".

News Comments > Wolfenstein Young Blood Announced
6. Re: Wolfenstein Young Blood Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:59 HorrorScope

Turd Ferguson wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 09:49:
Coop is always welcome, as well as new and innovative ways to kill Nazis Thumbsup

Wait, now I'm confused are we supposed to like or hate nazi's now? You know there are good people on both sides, yo?

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
5. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:16:
Really liked the first one despite the goofy story. I'm tiring of zombies but if this is as crazy fun as the first I'll be on board.

The only reason I don't bore of the zombies, because if I did I would be done with videogames, because no matter how you skin your models, their AI is all basically zombie-like.

On the Dead Island - Dying Light they are different games and I'm not sure I know anyone who coop's that doesn't like Dying Light a lot. It is one of the most complete coop experiences ever made.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:42 HorrorScope

It's getting hammered for not being as dark as they were lead to believe. I guess they are thinking of a world with no sun.

But what I do like just looking at that, look at all the human life within all the shots, of a very good backdrop to. If this comes out with that level and it performs, to me that seems to have upped the ante and we're moving tech forward. Ex. :24 seconds, we are going to see all that motion in the game realtime? Bar-scene ambiance at :44?

8. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:17 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:10:
Bluesnews: FALLOUT IS DEAD! YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!

Fallout has been 'dead' for a long time. The Elder Scrolls Fallout types are just a generic Wasteland game with Vault Boys.

Yep everyone is "me-me-me". We have one guy pissed it isn't a Fallout 3 line game. Then we have another that it isn't a traditional Fallout game. Wasteland 3 is happening and Fallout 5 will happen some day, everyone hang in there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2018, 00:15 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:17:
Yea Fallout 76 sounds interesting. I'm disappointed that it wont have a server browser and you cant even select what online game you join. So you won't be able to set up like a small PvE game with you and 4 friends, you'll be joining a random game with random players (save your allies), no PvE servers possible. Though it is cool that your progression will be persistent. Though you can at least play it single player, so... I'll probly get it lol.

He mentioned dedicated servers, but that can have a few meanings. Are you certain no user controlled dedicated servers?

5. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 00:06 HorrorScope

Yeah there is massive butt hurt out there right now. We're losing it as a people, as if every single game has to cater to them, even one's they don't intend to buy. I'm pretty sure there will be a Fallout 5 and I didn't think anyone was thinking Fallout 5 was right around the corner. So they give us a couple days notice a new Fallout and don't expect it to be the traditional version, which many people today are upset it isn't exactly Fallout 4.5 or Fallout 5, and get this a lot of people don't like the Fallout series either.

So what do they announce, an off shoot of the franchise as they said they were going to do, in a year(s) they weren't going to make a Fallout 5 anyway. Can be played several ways, looks like there can be some cool things within it. But if it isn't what I want, I'm going to deem all of gaming dead now. Yeah emotionally week sauce.

In general they are working on a lot and a lot of it sounds pretty good. It was quite an announcement overall, more then they've ever shared in a single day that I can recall.

News Comments > Starfield Announced
4. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 00:02 HorrorScope

ShadowofWard wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 23:44:
This E3 was 99% disappointment and 1% ecstasy. This really might be the right time to give up gaming and maybe come back in 3 years.

Funny I see a major company with over 10 major projects they are working on and there has to be products in there that check your boxes. Or you are outgrowing gaming.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 22:43 HorrorScope

Lots going on today.

Prey DLC released sounds interesting, not just more content with the same mechanics. Another Prey 4vs1 coming later in year.

Fallout76 4x larger than Fallout 4, rumors of online only play, meaning first time the engine does multiplayer, people currently assuming same engine beloved engine, just modified.

MS had a pretty big conference.

News Comments > EA Announces Origin Access Premiere
11. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 10, 2018, 17:52 HorrorScope

Alamar wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 23:58:
I gotta assume you can't pay $15 for a single month and get access to Anthem/Others Pre-launch... Though I guess they're still getting $15 to demo a game that way. If I'm on the fence and don't want to throw out the full $60, maybe I'll look into it around that time. Though now I wonder if the early access is pre-launch access (the usual 3 days BS) or beta access.

And I wonder how long until the newer games are then available at the $5/mo rate...

Yeah I'd try bundling a couple/few games together like this to make it a potential no-brainer decision. $15/mo that's the ole MMO cost and this seems like much more the value and that wasn't even bad if you played a lot, which a lot of us did then.

10. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 10, 2018, 17:47 HorrorScope

NamecaF wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 23:38:
Was I talking to you dickhead?

Ah just so you know you are talking to a public audience. Now I'll go ahead a read the rest of whatever you got...

Ok back...

You started ok with mentioning one is rent the other own, different people, different decisions, yep I agree. No one is right and no one wrong in my book. Use your head and decide what fits for you. Oh but there yah go off the deep ass end, now anyone who decides to rent is a commie and being consumer raped, ruining it for the world one rental at a time. Yeah that's a stable conclusion. Everyone wants personal freedoms for all, sounds noble, some then want to tell others what those freedoms will be, can't see their train of thought for what it is.

I'm not sure Steve thought he would own the game forever for $15 using Access Premiere. Maybe he did though. Then I reread what I said, man you are uptight to think that was a hard attack on you, worst case we got some wires crossed up. Oh well... batter up.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 17:58.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 17:45 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:53:
7 of the 10 on this list are essentially single-player games. (Not counting Vampyr being listed twice...) That's fantastic.

"Single-player is dead!" is corporate speak for "We can't monetize the shit out of Single-player games, so we want it to die".

Not sure why we even take those certain big publishers words for anything more than total blah blah. They have nothing to say to us at our level.

As for one mentioning House Flipper, perhaps it is good to see how rounded people are, it isn't always about the pew pew.

News Comments > Anthem Videos
9. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 17:34 HorrorScope

MattyB wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 15:04:
Indeed. Destiny 2 has so far cost 40 + 35 and another 50 for the new expansion. 125? There's not a huge amount of content there either for the first 75, certainly not in relation to the price IMO.

Until I know better I'm going with they will be planning on selling you a couple expansions a year. Maybe not, have they been clear on this? Access Premier might be quite the deal if you like some of their games.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed
11. Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed Jun 10, 2018, 13:46 HorrorScope

Sure why not, more entertaining anyway... Fallen...

Why is there a space between Lyons and Spakowsky?

News Comments > Anthem Videos
3. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 13:34 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 13:28:
Cool trailer but I doubt it will do much to silence the critics saying this is going to be Destiny 2.5. Still hoping this is good and EA somehow can avoid EA-ing it up.

At this time for what we have seen it is exactly Destiny 2.0, not saying it won't be different and not to say that formula can't be great and a lot of fun, it can and I love the overall genres ideas. They just better have the content and variety to make it fun and lasting. If it comes out with equal limits and content, well shit they have to know better right now, no? I have to assume they are a little nervous since D2 didn't tear it up like they hoped, that they are making a game on the assumption Destiny was going to be a smash hit, they'd trying to improve on that a bit and profit. They have to improve on it greatly imo. D2 was the game that almost was and the shit thing is if it ever turns out good, it's going to cost me too much to find out in DLC costs.

It is sort of like Bioware is a bit late in what they offer. DA:I which I did like, from what I heard it started as a MMO, but then the scene died for new entries so they reworked it back to a SP game, but within that they kept some generic MMO traits within the SP release because of what they already had done. Too late to the MMO party, sloppy entry into the SP fray, people bitch. Now we have Anthem, which is to jump into the Destiny and friends genre, which hasn't been all what the publishers expected outside of Warframe. But once again they are far down the development path. They are in a slump, can't get a timely hit.

6. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 22:22 HorrorScope

NamecaF wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 21:41:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:25:
so if you get Anthem & BF V with it , seems like a no brainer for less than those 2 games alone.

Except you lose access to the games if you cancel your subscription at any point. Just like Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus services. So its not worth it at all.

This is the way its moving. You will no longer own access to any games, you'll simply subscribe to a service to play games like Netflix has done for TV.

Ah I think we get that. Right we won't be owning the games. But then again I can play and end many games within that monthly fee and save a ton. Most games I don't go back to. Or look at it another way it's a traditional MMO cost, but you get their entire catalog during that time. Not sure why I'm even explaining the obvious, you got me.

4. Re: EA Announces Origin Access Premiere Jun 9, 2018, 21:29 HorrorScope

One may hate EA to the point they won't play their games, your choice and I won't argue how you got there.

But if you are ok enough with them and like their products and what they have on the Access list (not all are EA games anymore), what a bargain.

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
8. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 21:27 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:41:
Destiny clone

meh

It will be in that vain. I hope they have a lot more content to play in coop. Otherwise they really wasted a lot of time and money.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2018, 03:02.

News Comments > MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs
4. Re: MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs Jun 9, 2018, 21:24 HorrorScope

Best news I've head in a long time. When people state what game would you want to see on the PC, my answer has been Madden. Now hopefully they don't screw this up, they might. If not, I'm in.

The crowd animations are over the top, fwiw.

7495 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo