Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7866 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bungie Emancipated (Again)
7. Re: Bungie Emancipated (Again) Jan 10, 2019, 21:21 HorrorScope

NasWulf wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 19:52:
Bundy wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 19:34:
Activision didn't seem too happy about the Forsaken sales, doesn't sound like they put up much of a fight when Bungie wanted the game rights.

Because the game is dead and they've already ruined the future of the franchise with the incredible shady shit they pulled, lying over and over to their own player base just to milk as much money as they could. Was is Bungie, was it Activision? at this point, there is only a handful of players playing anyways.

Since it's games and not end of the world musings, they can fix the future of their game(s) and if they do, good for them. It is a game that is too tightly controlled and it seems to be because of monetization, if they can lose that feeling the game has a chance. To note I haven't played Forsaken yet, so perhaps my thoughts are off put, waiting for a 50% sale, hasn't happened yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed
32. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 10, 2019, 17:28 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 02:21:
Is there anyone who actually thought the Division was good?

I've recently just played it, I thought it was fantastic, really surprised me, the AI when things kick up in difficulty really was fun to watch in action, I recall days of Half Life and Fear, it reminded me of that in terms of what I was seeing in game vs the field, really a cut above. I thought overall from gun play to leveling to looting was pretty solid. Still room for improvement, but a good start/save. I paid $13 after all patches, but it has me seeing how D2 turns out and if it is glowing and checks my needs, it could be the first $60 game I paid for since Skyrim.

My youngest didn't like it, I don't think he gave it proper time, yes running in city blocks looks monotonous, but the game was way more than that. He liked Far Cry 5 a lot, I feel The Division was quite a bit more polished than F5 which that runs like a pig and has too much going on every 200 yards, I mean come on, not that I didn't like F5.

We both like Wildlands equally fwiw. To me Division > Wildlands > F5. I would also go The Division > Destiny 2, hope Bungie taking over from Activisions clutches will loosen the game up some, it felt too damn corporate. FWIW I didn't hate Warframe, but I feel all of these are a cut above, well at least from 2 years ago's vs of Warframe.

And finally all these games fall under the Borderlands umbrella to me but with a mmo slant and probably still like it the best, great Story/VA, liberal loot and good leveling builds. Borderlands is basically an ARPG with a better narrative in First/3rd Person form which is what I really want from Anthem, The Div and Destiny.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2019, 17:42.

News Comments > The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed
31. Re: The Division 2 Blows Off Steam; Specs Revealed Jan 10, 2019, 17:23 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 02:00:
It's Ubisoft. Who cares? Zero interest. Next! Where's my Cyberpunk?
Over the last year I've easily enjoyed more games under their umbrella than anyone else and I haven't even made it to Odyssey yet. In each game I've played there are things I see in their game I haven't seen as well done elsewhere. Yes most have that one formula we all know of, but there is gameplay within that, which is quite good and well there has to be some open world structure to get to an ending.

News Comments > Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC
5. Re: Bungie Ends Destiny 2 Puzzle Challenge; Unlocks DLC Jan 10, 2019, 17:12 HorrorScope

Bungie leaving Activision, that can't be a bad move.  

News Comments > AMD Radeon VII Graphics Cards Next Month
15. Re: AMD Radeon VII Graphics Cards Next Month Jan 10, 2019, 11:01 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 08:50:
I believe RT is the future, but not the present.

Well you have to start somewhere and if every shits on it, it will die and then you will never know what you could have had.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: New Windows 10 update storage Jan 9, 2019, 12:57 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 09:12:
Still running 7, it's awesome.

Ran both, many more similarities than differences. Picking on one, look in the mirror, you have very similar issues. Oh you don't have any... well the other runs like a rock to if you don't dig deep.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 9, 2019, 12:55 HorrorScope

Latest Windows 10 security patches include a fix that should be urgently applied. Contrasts with prior warnings to never manually invoke updates.

Contrast that these patches are always urgent and we'll come to find out next month and the month after and so on... all will be urgent to. X years of infinite urgent holes and now I'm supposed to be extra worried about this one! Why are we still finding many each month 20 years later? What kind of security is this?

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required
47. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 9, 2019, 12:48 HorrorScope

CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 21:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 18:03:
CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 16:41:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:35:
Well if this is Win10 only, I guess I'm not playing it...
Anthem will run on Windows 7 and 8. We just don't officially support it.

You can try the Demo coming out in February to see if Anthem is right for you.

Crushbug, is this some new plan or has EA or others done this? Have a game that will work with Win7-10, but then only list Win10 because of support and not care of the blowback they will get by doing so?

We have done this in past games when we dropped support for Windows XP and moved to Windows 7 as the min spec.

We run Anthem on Windows 7 occasionally, and it works just fine.

Origin will not block you installing the Demo or game on Windows 7; we just aren't officially supporting those OSes.

I appreciate your comments. In your example of dropping WinXP for Win7, that doesn't necessarily mean the timing then is relatively the same now between 7/10 in usage rates. Almost everyone has dropped XP support, but did they drop it once the usage #'s were very low and expected as common practice? I think so. I think dropping Win7/8 on a non-MS Store App now is very cutting edge today. My guess is when you went from XP to 7, XP usage was much lower than Win7 is currently moving now to Win10, hence people are making mention of this. Thanks again for your time.

35. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 20:17 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 20:04:
If you list it you gotta support it. 7 is EOL

I think we all get that, but is this the first case of a company doing this? I don't recall another. Who else has put this out there, so people can question what's up in this regards? Do you want to be the first? Why Anthem?

31. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 18:03 HorrorScope

CrushBug wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 16:41:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:35:
Well if this is Win10 only, I guess I'm not playing it...
Anthem will run on Windows 7 and 8. We just don't officially support it.

You can try the Demo coming out in February to see if Anthem is right for you.

Crushbug, is this some new plan or has EA or others done this? Have a game that will work with Win7-10, but then only list Win10 because of support and not care of the blowback they will get by doing so? I'm not sure I can recall this situation happening before, seems a bit of a risk and once again bringing a negative spotlight to Bioware.

12. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 12:57 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 12:52:
What the fuck, Win10 only? Ugh. My gaming desktop is still Win8.1 ... ridiculous artificial requirement.

The word I'm hearing, I went to check a bit on this, is it will run on 7 and 8, but they don't support it via tech support. I can't guarantee this, but that is what others are telling us what this means.

7. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 12:28 HorrorScope

How many tiers of difficulty do they have?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: smart oven Jan 8, 2019, 12:06 HorrorScope

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 8, 2019, 11:08:
Seriously? People feel the need to film their food cooking now?

I never thought of that, but I can find that useful than some other things being sold to us in electronic convenience sectors.

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
13. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 HorrorScope

It's a mobile game! lol  

News Comments > Alien Game Tease?
29. Re: Alien Game Tease? Jan 6, 2019, 14:40 HorrorScope

Isolation was awesome and could be improved upon and should with a follow up. That said, I'm not against an action based one, but it could at the end break out into Isolation, sort of how the movies usually go, when it's down to the duo, it changes up to more tension vs action. Or like the original Predator, the end becomes Isolation in feel.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
8. Re: Saturday Patches Jan 6, 2019, 14:38 HorrorScope

It came up elsewhere they weren't being fair with the comparison, using lower settings on Before vs After with this pack. I would say if you took High Max Payne and used Reshade for some added sharpness it would be very close and to no need to take the time to do this here.  

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
25. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 6, 2019, 01:01 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 00:43:
Oh fuck me. That's literally the worst possible design for a fucking loot shooter.

It's like they had all these great ideas, then went "How can we implement these in the worst possible way so it just becomes a giant, grindy suckfest?"

So why does camera angle constitute massive loot drops vs stingy loot drops? Online ARPG vs Online Loot Shooters. We need a killer loot shooter that has tons of build possibilities with liberal loot drops, crafting, socketing etc. at least for the PvE content. On top of that lots of content, mission/story content etc and tiered difficulty + 3 difficulty levels like the Division, so we can all find our challenge place. It seems from a PvE POV that is what is needed to take these games to the next level. Basically a Borderlands in this model of onlineliness.

24. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 6, 2019, 00:54 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2019, 00:30:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 5, 2019, 12:33:
Actually play looks fun it will come down to content and how liberal they are with loot. That to me is now the bottom line with this style of game.

On the right side after the mission you could see some things
1) loot is not shared but per player
2) they got 3 "common" loot drops from that entire mission
3) enemies don't drop loot, ever, it's 100% mission based
4) missions are apparently picked ahead of an "excursion" and it doesn't seem like free-roam is even an option if you want loot?

Overall, it looks exactly like any grind fest before it. Pick mission, tackle it, get loot. Repeat infinitely.

Yeah that's going to be a losing formula, too tight, too tight. Destiny 2 all over again?

17. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 5, 2019, 12:33 HorrorScope

Actually play looks fun it will come down to content and how liberal they are with loot. That to me is now the bottom line with this style of game.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 4, 2019, 22:22 HorrorScope

He was too embarrassed to say, but the lady had his severed penis in her purse.  

7866 Comments. 394 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo