Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7066 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Dealt
1. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Dealt Nov 7, 2017, 20:06 HorrorScope

Looking forward to it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
35. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 19:54 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:04:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:49:
who the hell still uses windows 7?

Uh lots of us because we give a shit about our privacy. Only idiots use Win10 willingly.

Only an idiot thinks their online pc has privacy. And you of all people telling us daily corps and govt's have us by the nuts. So in this case, you want us to believe in your fantasy-land that your pc is private and secure from them? LOL at best.

To the other guy about the Win10 Start menu being bad, it is superior to 7. My guess you just don't understand it all that well and take advantage of it and that is without any 3rd party apps, but if there was an app to improve it or other things, that is the beauty of a pc.

News Comments > On PUBG Cheating
11. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 21:11 HorrorScope

Pretty sure their goals are larger than player run servers for this game.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2017, 13:26 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 12:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 11:39:
I'm sure it won't hurt, but there is no lack of profits at the top, there is no lack of games anywhere and budgets are high. I'm sure they will stay as equally principles no matter the tax code. The industry hasn't been dry by any stretch.

Yes, it'll hurt...people. Once again that's just GOP par-for-the-course cut taxes for the rich/big biz and make everyone else - the people who can't afford it - pay more instead. And of course I'm sure all the moronic Trump/GOP voters out there think this is a good thing as per usual.

To clarify hurt the business or not, helping the employees is another question.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 4, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

I'm sure it won't hurt, but there is no lack of profits at the top, there is no lack of games anywhere and budgets are high. I'm sure they will stay as equally principles no matter the tax code. The industry hasn't been dry by any stretch.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 4, 2017, 01:51 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 22:54:
What's a comparable consumer tech that ran with overpriced, underpowered enthusiast models for less than 2 years?
Things like Blu-Ray, TV's.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 21:43 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:01:
Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:21:
that shit needs time to bake properly or else you'll get another half-asses "standing VR" from oculus that was never meant to exist.

Agreed 100%. I want them take whatever time they need to get it right. VR has more potential than pretty much any other tech/gadgets that have come to PC in the past many decades, and will flourish if the experience is the kind of amazeballs experience everyone is telling their friends about.

I think we need to treat it like all other HW. You come out with the best you can and sell it. If you wait it will never happen. They have it right, they just have to keep improving on product and cost.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 21:42 HorrorScope

In regards to a quick 2nd gen... those who buy first gen are the whales/supporters. In CE they've been getting treated like that from the start. They buy first, they buy high. But CE typically comes out quickly with an improved cheaper model. I feel this needs to follow CE standards, which Valve/Facebook haven't, I think it has hurt. There are too many on the fence for V2 and if it were out, they would have grabbed them and kept the market hot. Now it is on simmer, too many waiting. That is a problem. I was holding out for V2 if the prices didn't come down, they came down and they have grabbed several like me, but still big chunk is waiting.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 12:38 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:10:
Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 21:27:
That's an insane deal for the Vive. Basically getting a 1070 and a $60 game for free.

Even enticing for someone like me, as I've been holding out for gen-2 headsets.. and my buddy wants me to build him a system so I could put the 1070 towards that and bill him retail cost for it, as I already have a 980ti and don't really have any need for the 1070. Tempting.

You can't beat that, it's free to you, better than tempting, a no-brainer. I to was holding out for gen-2, but when Oculus dropped to $400 I bit. It isn't like I can't get a better VR headset in the future and pass the set(s) I have now down, we are pc gamers. I will repeat myself, the vendors have dropped the ball, they aren't consumer electronic companies and they should have had gen-2 ready to go not long after gen-1's release, that is how you build a market. Gen-2 should have been a bit better and much cheaper. We should be sitting here talking about gen-3 by now.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 12:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 10:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:59:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 22:10:
VR is not dead as evidenced by the multitude of awesome VR titles available today...oh wait!

More great VR titles than I have time for, oh wait. Could put 1000's of hours just into the sims.

I would fucking LOVE a VR version of Cities: Skylines.

That would be cool. Google Earth VR is pretty jaw dropping. I can pretty much say any game I have, I'd love a VR true 3d version of it, because it just sucks you in all the more.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 00:02 HorrorScope

Wow that is quite the deal.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 2, 2017, 23:59 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 22:10:
VR is not dead as evidenced by the multitude of awesome VR titles available today...oh wait!

More great VR titles than I have time for, oh wait. Could put 1000's of hours just into the sims.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
49. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 17:18 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 20:45:
30 fps on 144hz screen looks like complete shit though... just saying

Still should look better than on a 60hz screen.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
44. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 13:15 HorrorScope

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 01:07:
Optimized for 30FPS...roflmao.

PC Gaming quality has taken a nosedive since the very first console ports started showing up, and now it is escalating faster and faster.

Yeah if you count some AAA games being ported, I can assure you most games aren't ports at all and more games than ever are being released. Math.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
9. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 17:35 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 15:13:
BTW, here is the devs' more personal message regarding the recent development issues and the publisher announcement.
Looks like they've been going without pay for a while so WingMan & co. really needed this deal to make the game happen at all.

Good update how they explained it.

News Comments > EA Financials
11. Re: EA Financials Nov 1, 2017, 13:13 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 06:18:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 22:23:
BF1 sold 23 million copies? Or am I just misinterpreting that statement?

The community grew, whatever that means. That's the wonderful thing about press releases, creative language is so much fun.

Everyone focusing on BF1, how about that BS with Madden. People get more people buying and by how many. But 50% engaged in Longshot story mode? GTFO.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 1, 2017, 12:39 HorrorScope

I'm good with that explanation because I'm down with shorter/cheaper games anyway. Less repetitiveness and the indy scene does a good job with horror. Thanks again AAA for the little you do.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Oct 31, 2017, 20:34 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 18:10:
Mark my words: our games will become like the garbage freemium games on our phones, at least to some infuriating extent. Why? Because idiots believe the words, the words of the developers (and publishers ofc).

/tilt

I thought everyone was supposed to stop buying EA games about 15 years ago. Ubi around 8. Activision 5 etc. I don't look at them as conduits to my gaming nexus. Sure I may buy their games... at great discount, but again each stand on their own.

Reading the BS in this one I read: Epic Star Cards have been removed from crates but with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs. Well fuck me if a Starter Pack isn't a first cousin to Lootboxes.

News Comments > CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios
25. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2017, 16:26 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 06:13:
Tom wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:41:
EVE: Valkyrie was an un-fun turd by most accounts. A bad game is a bad game regardless of whether you're playing it on a monitor or in VR.
Huh? Valkyrie is a fantastic game. To this day it's still the best pick up & go simulator experience for the Oculus and Vive.

Good to hear, I haven't bought it due to backlog and rating is so-so. I really enjoy House of the Dying Sun. Have you tried that and how would you compare the dog-fighting?

News Comments > CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios
24. Re: Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Oct 31, 2017, 16:24 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 21:53:
In other words, VR remains a niche product with an unsustainable and unprofitable user base.

Listen, there are many games out there not making a profit or a profit the publisher wants. Yes, like any business you need to understand your base and don't over invest in it, unless you are going long term vision. However, smaller houses, can an do make money with it, even some of those still don't, like 2D games. There was around 150 new offerings in Steam for VR in the month of October. Yep not all will make a worthy profit.

7066 Comments. 354 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo