Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6720 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 16:20 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 15:52:
boo.

after 24" FHD starts to look shitty. I have a 27" FHD, and it's pretty blocky. 1440p is well-suited for 27". 31.5" I'd say is right for a 4k screen. 1080p? boo.

Personal pref, I'm cool with 1080 at 27", others maybe not.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 14:49 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:10:
Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:08:
I think the other thing that bugs me is the group of people most convinced the mainstream media always lies is the same group that kept defending Fox News when people called it out circa 2005-2010.

That works the other way around too, though. There are plenty of people who believe Fox News literally is the mouth piece of the devil, while blithely swallowing everything CNN, MSNBC and HuffPo say as the absolute gospel.

Every media outlet has an agenda nowadays.

It is people.

But lets say there are 10 mainstream media's. When 8 or 9 are selling us the same thing, when measured represents a much larger base of people in whole. That in and of itself becomes a reality. So if we just start ignoring what most are doing and watching, that is societal breakdown imo.

So what is the Today show doing that is evil? You know what, they sell a lot of care every day, tips on better life, including different and all kinds, sadness for tragedy, excitement for caring, same can be said on tons of other shows that fall into the mainstream. What is wrong with that? What is Ellen, Oprah doing so wrong? They are mainstream.

So when we start calling them liars, what we want an uglier world? One that will turn out to be "if you aren't right here doing this that is deemed correct, you will be addressed promptly!" I see the mainstream even if not always right, their hearts are based on solid principals but not so much as to forcing it on us, but the gradual improvement of mankind.

I have to assume all of this it is more of an individual breaking down vs the media or society. If I saw a show that was acting like Trump and selling us that world as the new correct standard... I'd question their principals in full. I'm not accepting opposite day folks.

43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 13:44 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 13:17:
Nobody takes this #fakenews crap seriously because the ones perpetrating it are the biggest culprits of it, mainly the so called mainstream media.

I know many people that do believe there is fake news, there are people that have told us how they make money on fake news and well to me they seem the reasonable ones since it does exist. Ignoring that means the only news is fringe extreme news, that will certainly lead to a downfall.

I've always been amazed how well it worked overall when you take it all into account. But humanity is losing its grip, too many believe the tin foil news vs the more reasonable version of it. There always have to be something deviant and hidden! Boo!!

Even if not perfect, if more of us want to believe the mainstream is wrong, the world will fall apart, be a shell of what we had. The lesson to be learned will be "You know it was far from perfect, but it was better than this new shithole we live in thinking this new "truth world" was going to be better.". The crazies will still be there once you think you fixed it, finding out they are still even more extreme then you ever were, still trying to pull you down and destroy whatever that days establishment is.

Politics will be here no matter if we tear down, it is humans communicating and making decisions for ourselves, that will never go away, ever. So do we have to tear it down, to live through that excessive pain to find out it is no better and most likely worse? There will be less winners and more losers no matter how many tries we have at it. We always need change and improvement, but to think everything we know is really the opposite, we can't afford that type of thinking, that is costly. History is yelling at us.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 13:53.

36. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 11:05 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 09:26:
NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 13:45:
Trump has got to be the most thin skinned piece of shit alive. He takes literally everything personally and is super vindictive.

It's sadly a common symptom for narcissistic personalities, the kind of personalities that do really well in politics....

+1's to the both of you.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 15, 2016, 23:06 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 19:49:
If you get your news from fakebook you get what you deserve and we end up with a twitter troll for prez.

Yah no shit, Facebook News, oxyMORONS.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 15, 2016, 23:05 HorrorScope

robdot wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 20:20:
Republicans in Ohio believe that Hillary is a reptile who runs a child sex ring from a pizza parlor.

That explains my bro, he fell hook, line and sinker on that one. Still has zero shame.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 19:00 HorrorScope

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 18:34:
The stock market is at record high. Gee, I wonder what event may have caused that? Probably has something to do with someone Making America Great Again Cheers

We haven't seen the changes yet, right now it could be at a high because we survived the election. We have to give it time to see what will happen. Lower taxes will help. Isolation will hurt, perhaps critically, that is a key key thing to markets.

I'm still hopeful he is talking a tough game here, but it doesn't actually happen. That is one of the benefits to having the corporations involved, they don't want isolism at all, just afraid worker thinking he'd have a better job if everything was America imo wants that and there is no certainty that in the end will benefit them.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 18:57 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 17:15:
I'll take Trump's corporate cronyism any day over Hillary and the Neo Con's wet dream of going to war with Russia.

I have no idea where this war with Russia thing comes from other than Russia stated it.

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 18:56 HorrorScope

Baristan wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 17:05:
Trump sucks, so does Hillary. Clinton would have given bankers and oil positions as well. Don't ignore the Clinton record of deregulation and pushing oil company agendas on foreign countries. If she won it would be business as usual while important issues would be ignored. With Trump(a perceived threat to many) as president there are more people willing to fight for needed changes such as reduction of power for the presidential office.

First I want to say, I actually am impressed with talking politics at BN. We say our piece, no one goes running to mommy (Blue) about he said this and it hurt my feelings. This is a place we put it down and people may question it, but we don't run for moderation support nor completely cry. Rare actually.

I was going good reading and thought I was going to make it through the thread without a reply.

I agree Clinton was more of the same, but I was ok enough with that, sure I would like positive changes, but it can also be changes for the worse. So imo risky move where we are at now, there are so many changes being thrown around, that doesn't bode well for markets, it is almost like opposite day has come to the USA, right now in words, but perhaps actions soon.

The last part was the one that got me though where I had to post, "With Trump(a perceived threat to many) as president there are more people willing to fight for needed changes such as reduction of power for the presidential office."

I see Trump wanting to suck all power to himself, he singles out those of his own party if you don't get on-board I will get you. Did it again to Ryan just two days ago. He puts that down immediately with anyone it seems, praise be furor. Hell I see him as one that will attempt to make it so the president can't be ousted, ya know.... a Putin. This man has the audacity in him to try this and bury you if you try to question it, let alone stop it. I won't say this is a certainty, but the makeup of this man is classic dictator and would not say this is out of the realm of possibility. Everything a prez should be doing he does almost the opposite, so why should he have to run again? Just make him supreme leader and be done with it, right? If you asked him just that he's say "sounds good" I know he would that is who he is, there is humbleness. He likes the isolationist route, the show your colors route or else, smartest man alive jive... classic dictator.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 18:36 HorrorScope

To note no reported cases of pc crashes upgrading to these pristine drivers.  

News Comments > Torment in February
5. Re: Torment in February Dec 14, 2016, 21:23 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:11:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 21:03:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 19:45:
problem with all these kickstarted RPGs and so forth is they are almost never finished at release... you gotta wait months or even years for all the DLC and patches and so forth to bring them up to proper completion

So, basically like any other AAA release these days.

Witcher 3 wasnt like that.. cant think of any more modern AAA rpgs

Whatcha talking 'bout Willis?

Plenty of DLC and patches. Yeah one thing KS and EA's aren't any more guilty of is after release patches and DLC.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 18:13 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 22:04:
Cool beans. What's needed ASAP is software to prevent tailgating. It's my largest peeve, and the cause of almost all accidents, and it's completely unnecessary. It doesn't even have to override the driver, just rat them out to the cops and insurance companies. They'll learn PDQ not to do it anymore.

Really it is your largest? I don't know because you have so many.

How about "I'm tailgating you know because I had clear distance until you came into my lane to take that away from me. Who made who?"

I'm still bitter about a wreck I was in a long time ago, big truck ahead of me driving. I have clear distance, he doesn't slow down, but hits a car violently while that care was waiting to turn left. I hit him because he comes to an immediate halt, not a natural stop, not a slam the brakes natural stop, a hit the f'in wall dead stop. Their mistake created the chain reaction, he made me, that is who made who there. But the courts wouldn't even listen past a single sentence and threw contempt at me. Asshole judge to.

Years later they tried to get me in another one, stop and go traffic, someone from behind plows into us, well we all hit who is in front because they hammered us from behind. My report stated I was stopped, I was, later they came back to say I didn't have cleared distance. I said I was fucking stopped, physics made me hit the guy in front of me because of the guy in the back hitting us. In that case they did end up seeing it my way. Trying to sell "not keeping assured clear distance" when I was stopped!

. I have clear distance if he were to slam on his breaks and come to a halt naturally that way. But coming to a screetching stop because of their mistake shouldn't make it mine to. Courts through me out trying to argue and I mean I had a sentence and they put their foot down.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2016, 18:26.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 13, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 14:55:
ldonyo wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 12:38:
In my own experiences, AMD have decent and competitive hardware now...

Surely you only mean their video cards. Their CPUs haven't been competitive in anything but price for a long time.

Surely I don't understand the video cards either, competitive on the mid to low end? Ok. I mean if we have to lower the bar to make them look better, just be clear about it. Step up please.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
4. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 11:31 HorrorScope

Is this a new Perfect World he's talking about?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 13, 2016, 01:53 HorrorScope

Under the proposal conversations wouldn't be banned, but airlines would have to inform consumers ahead of a flight if they will be "unwillingly exposed" to mobile voice calls while in the air.

"Consumers deserve to have clear and accurate information about whether an airline permits voice calls before they purchase a ticket and board the aircraft,"

Headset or ear plugs.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches
2. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches Dec 13, 2016, 01:50 HorrorScope

Nice trailer writing.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Windows 10 WiFi dead Dec 12, 2016, 13:22 HorrorScope

I know BN is on pins and needles with my "block updates" update.

Still no updates forced on me since disabling Windows Update and BITS service, this happened right around the time the free offer expired. No viruses, no security breaches, I also have a clone image just in case, no issues. Sort of like video drivers, I update when I have to, not when others state perhaps I should. We all have our beliefs in all of this, just saying it seems you can shut off updates in Win10 easily enough.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
7. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 13:18 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:48:
Game still needs at least a year of patching and several Foundation sized free expansions before I'd recommend at any price.

I have a year and $15.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 11, 2016, 12:53 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 22:23:
Can't happen soon enough, if you ask me. But equally I am worried that such a system will have problems in winter and the twilight weather between 0C where you can never fully predict whether it's just really foggy or slippery as fuck because nature decided to fuck THAT corner in particular.

I get Cutter's point and agree with it in general, but as your worry points, what I'm getting at is the backlash of court of public opinion when it does go wrong and how that will snowball quickly. That basically someone lost a life by putting total faith in code, they didn't have a chance to make a difference themselves, family will feel they could have made a difference. I'm probably not explaining this all that well, but I think when some of these happen the backlash rightfully or wrongly, will be legendary. Even if by the statistics it is better than humans overall, just saying when it takes you out of the equation and something bad happens, human nature is going to say "I could have made a difference". Perhaps when conditions get poor enough, auto-pilot doesn't work, if so Industry is screwed, they couldn't rely on the tech, just have a human driver for bad days? Right.

Obviously yes I'd love something better, but I've now totally accepted that brake and lane assist is a major step forward and enough for me at least at this time. I'm hoping I own one come spring, the brake assist being the biggy, that moment when you look elsewhere and the person in front of you imperfectly brakes hard unexpectedly, that's the situation I see most often when I drive, that potential mistake right there.

The rest is still a bit to sci-fi in the same line as mass drone delivery. I do give us credit though, it has come a long way, is not only being discussed but things are really happening. I'm not a total no here at all, but some situations have me scratching how they'll be handled.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 10, 2016, 18:46 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 12:21:
Michigan Transportation Director Kirk Steudle concedes that there will be crashes and probably a fatality involving autonomous cars.
But they get to test in snow so that makes it all better. Lawsuits in 3-2-1

It does make me wonder how all this is going to work with such unpredictable weather and outcomes. I get it we make plenty of mistakes, but when you rely on systems, it seems liability shuffles to mfg vs driver. The backlash is going to be legendary. Could be wrong.

6720 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo