Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7474 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 23:02 HorrorScope

Firefox Quantum is a huge leap forward for Firefox and variants. Got the main addons back in and somethings you had to work for a little bit. Makes the PC feel brand new.

Chrome vs Firefox 2 weeks ago, isn't the same as Chrome vs Firefox today.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
10. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 22:54 HorrorScope

I'm just not going to believe that the cancelled one, was the good one. Just assume it was like the rest or worse.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 18:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 12:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 00:43:
Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.

There is no "law of batteries." Any article that claims that is written by someone who's a moron.

There are so many breakthroughs in battery technology right now (admittedly, not many of these ever become economically viable) that saying something is impossible in battery tech is a surefire way to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm fairly sure that Tesla is smart enough not to spout pure false bullshit about their new semis. That said, the chargers they're going to need to actually DO the "400 miles in 30 minutes" thing are going to be monstrously powerful and are not going to just run off of solar. (Unless Musk is planning to build a 16 square mile solar farm right next to each one.)

These guys say different... I'm just the messenger.

https://is.gd/twGX6o

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
57. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 18:47 HorrorScope

I got summ. Dad always said real estate is always a good investment and with the little land mass they have now, it's going to make bitcoins blush. Mark my words.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 13:02 HorrorScope

Gsync matter more in the 60hz world. I feel the biggest issues most had was alleviated with higher refresh monitors. I think they know that, but if enough believe they still need it, might be an interesting call.  

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
24. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 12:54 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 12:12:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:17:
I just don't understand how you can just lie through your teeth like that? I'd feel like a dirty whore that no amount of hot showers would ever make clean again. They didn't really understand? Yeah, sure. They pulled it? Yeah after Bob Iger told them to. Lies and damn lies. Why people giving these motherfuckers money is beyond me.

Actually its easy, at some point even liars start believing their own lies.

Doesn't it feel like a club? That they groom people to be like this, they test them. What they are looking for is... "We are going to ask you to do things you will be against deeply, but we need you to ignore them, because if you don't we'll find another who will. And by doing so, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams." I picture this on how it goes many times.

And as you say, you lie so much, in your mind you bend realities. It is what our president is doing, like a dictator, if they don't like today's narrative, they state a new one and simply believe that. If they have enough power, the followers join along and it indeed becomes that. Scary, no?

23. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:17:
I just don't understand how you can just lie through your teeth like that? I'd feel like a dirty whore that no amount of hot showers would ever make clean again. They didn't really understand? Yeah, sure. They pulled it? Yeah after Bob Iger told them to. Lies and damn lies. Why people giving these motherfuckers money is beyond me.

Well there ya go... you just answered the age old question... "What is so special about a CEO and why are they paid do much?". They can do things common folk just wouldn't do and by doing so generates returns for their investors. They are brutally cold with no conscience. Boom, worth!

11. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:20:
Gamers are so dumb

I'd like to have their money for being so dumb.

7. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

Arithon wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:04:
You'd think $3BN being wiped off their shares would teach them SOMETHING, but apparently not..

I think that was answered yesterday. As much as that sounds, they've been on a long winning streak for a while, they can weather and rebound from this loss. Now if they string many of these together... New CEO time.

6. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

EA makes good $10-$20 games for me and some decent <$10 DLC from time to time. Obviously they'd go belly up if customers were all like me, let alone people that will simply not buy their stuff. But, if others do, it is why expensive things exist and not everything expensive is expensive to make. Those with crazy money who just want what they want, have weight, EA and many companies understand this and target. Gucci Bags? It's hard to fault that general plan, cause these people exist and give you money for nearly nothing.

Since we know they won't stop, I am intrigued to see what they do come up with, to see how they conclude what they do.

2. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:00 HorrorScope

Yeah read this one last night, was waiting for it to appear here. Yes people you can buy your plot of land in game! But I'm not against this, it is a choice no one is forced to buying. If you want to go ahead, I won't be your neighbor though and if no one buys it, probably is for the best. But you know people already have.  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 10:55 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 09:51:
rjdriver wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:40:
I have no desire to see online multiplayer gaming go down in flames, although I haven't played it since a capture the flag match in Quake 3 years ago.

Man the whole of the human species is dumb...

We've single handedly had games stolen from us and trapped on the other side of the internet and everything that used to be free with free level editing tools and mods has been curtailed/taken away out of most AAA games and then put in fucking lot boxes... can you imagine having skins/maps and mods in quake 3 that we used to have for free put into loot boxes? It's fucking insanity. I wouldn't mind if league of legends and dota 2 cancer got bitten by bs legislation.

Those games pioneered fraud on a massive scale. That's exactly what they are. MMO's, steam and microtransaction ridden crap were ways to move software off gamers PC's.

The fact that humanity ate it up is why PC gaming is such a disaster compared to the 90's.

In most cases it isn't fraud, we need to accept capitalism and how it works, how growth is needed, that is our world. We as consumers still have a choice to buy or not and in almost all cases that is good enough for me. The good news, there are 1000's of games out there, we sometimes act if there are a precious few. If games came to a production halt today, I already have enough. It's like I'm buying rainy day games for a rainy day that never comes, the common theme of backlogs make it seem I'm far from alone.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 10:50 HorrorScope

rjdriver wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:40:
But I agree with your sentiments about story driven single player games. We need more of them.

There are more of them and pretty much any genre now then we have time for. We can't tell what Wall Street AAA's what they should make, but if they don't make them, they still do though, others will and do all the time.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 00:45 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 22:34:
60 Hz for 8K and 120 Hz for 4K.

Yeah that should be a solid standard for a while.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 00:43 HorrorScope

Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 00:19 HorrorScope

This, the tax bill and the medical bill.

Obviously all 3 could cause harm and medical being the worst. But if this is what it takes to expose the repubs to the common folk, I can take some pain. It will be fixed quick enough, the internet bill is the least painful, why still doing the job of exposing. The Dems will restore.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
13. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 18:47 HorrorScope

Dacron wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 18:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:11:
Hate to be this guy. But I can't find the "Try it for Free" button for PC. Xbox and PS4 is right where you'd expect it. Where's it hiding for the PC?

It's insane. There is xbox/ps4/pc under try it now on the link, BUT, clicking the PC option brings you to the store ( https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2 ) with no option to trial it.

How can massive companies with so much money make such hapless blunders? Surely they had an internal test, no ?

It is in the Bliz App after you update it, they could have said "Download it in the Blizzard App".

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
5. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 17:11 HorrorScope

Hate to be this guy. But I can't find the "Try it for Free" button for PC. Xbox and PS4 is right where you'd expect it. Where's it hiding for the PC?  

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2017, 12:08 HorrorScope

"A new class of security problem is caused by smartphone makers that create vulnerabilities deliberately without telling customers."

-Hurry up and get an article out about users using weak passwords!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
8. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 27, 2017, 23:20 HorrorScope

So this is one day and what is the size of thee download?  

7474 Comments. 374 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo