Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6976 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
53. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 20:32 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:26:
Where are you getting it going back to the '20s? Those links you provided earlier don't.

Been hearing and seeing it all my life from time to time and movies portraying vaudeville type times.

But the more I think of it yes it is from the French word. The older movies I recall had a foreigners accent that sounded more like vu-walla. But has been adopted to a more english version of walla, which food channels will lay it down from time to time. Add this, add that, 15 minutes and walla! Now I'm not saying it really doesn't go back to the french word, but it is just one of those silly words, hardly something to make much note of.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2017, 20:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 19:20 HorrorScope

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:14:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:09:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 18:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:53:
where is that key on the keyboard? if it was there i would have used it..
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Sorry I'm not jumping on you, but I had never heard the phrase "walla" used before so I hit google and thought the first result was pretty funny:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=walla

Yes since it was questioned, I did do some background on it and it is quite funny the results. As said it is a saying and it may have a dubious past because of mis-pronounciation, we're talking with a word that at least goes back to the '20's in this way. But again it is like hocus pocus, alacazam, presto-chango, bipidity bopidity boo. Do all this and poof! (I sure hope to hell poof is a word and not some mis-pronounciation of the French word gofuckyourself).

43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 19:09 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 18:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:53:
where is that key on the keyboard? if it was there i would have used it..
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Dipshit links:

http://tinyurl.com/z3d2pb7
http://tinyurl.com/jeujtdj

39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 17:41 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 17:30:
The labour for income paradigm is simply gonna have to go the way of the dodo.

This has nothing to do with the "Millennials fallacy", nor had it anything to do before this with the "Generation X fallacy". They're scapegoats, cop outs, ways to distract the culture and its sectaries from the simple fact that a currency and trade based economy is unfit and horrendously misadapted to a modern civilization and its overarching environment/resource base.

Agreed.

38. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 17:39 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:12:
I have a job, am American and wala it is a job in America.

the word is "voila" not "wala".. its french, not 'murican

jesus fucking christ...

Really this is a comment? Wala or walla... is a saying of "and here's the results". "You put this and that together and wala you get this". Like Presto Chango and Alacazam. Voila another fine word of many fine words. Ok.

37. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 17:34 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:14:
Exactly right they are not on the most important screens to me ever... Mine. Zero. Get control of your pc's people. I can't take on the pain of the world.

No one asked you to give a fuck, you're the one saying it isn't a problem to anyone else just because it doesn't affect you. Asking average users to understand that ads = "Show sync provider notifications" is pretty dumb, much like expecting everyone else to share your technical acumen.

So don't worry, no one wants you to take on anything, go back to sleep.

So you are saying whatever a dummy gets stuck on, we all have to feel the dummies pain? That is why we are intelligent. I still like how win10 haters link articles using the new Dummy Settings Screens. All the other things you've come to know and love are still there and give you much more control, use them like you always have. Yes, lets just all go lowest common denominator now around a PC site. I'm talking to those at Blue's not at Jimbob's Facebook page. I love how we do this dumb shit to ourselves.

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 16:35 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:41:
At current reproduction rates the planet is going to see another 10 billion people on it in the next 30 years. What do you think is going to happen at that point when most of them are unemployed, hungry, and angry? Glad I won't be around for it.

Somebody to scale has had to say that over generationaly since the dawn of time. Showing age.

27. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 16:14 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:38:
Right, I did all my units to Win10 for free, many. Haven't seen an ad yet. I'm lucky that way. Now if there were ads and I couldn't do anything about them, yes that would get under me some, if it were kept to a minimum, probably can swallow. However if it became like the Xbox, then yes problem. Still have those Win7 images on file just in case. But until then... I'm going with what my eyes see and my mind tells me, so far, zero ads. Wait let me count them one more time... yes zero.

Its out of the box configured to display ads dude. OneDrive in File Explorer, ads on the start screen, Ads for the notification center and even Windows Spotlight itself shows ads on the screen saver. Maybe you haven't noticed them or disabled them but they are certainly there.

I hate ads in general but I recognize its totally fine for Microsoft to do whatever they want with their OS. In fact I've frequently defended Windows 10 on here when people are spouting bullshit about it. What I don't like is their attempt to mask the settings from users. Be clear and transparent, it's not so much to ask regardless of how much anyone paid for the product.

Exactly right they are not on the most important screens to me ever... Mine. Zero. Get control of your pc's people. I can't take on the pain of the world.

26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 16:12 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:00:
Production has grown, not jobs. And that's because all those jobs are being done in Mexico and China.

Probably sarcasm... But I bet almost every American in here has a job and that job isn't in Mexico or China. Myself, I have a job, am American and wala it is a job in America. Wife, same. Two sons? Same. Brother? Sister? Their Kids? Same, same and same. Basically the entire extended Horroscope family. SAME! Just sayin, people are trying to sell me this, I get it to a point, but damn if those that want jobs don't have jobs and it is in their American country. I dunno. Now quality jobs? My hunch is they aren't all that kwality in Mexico and China to your standards.

24. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 16:08 HorrorScope

Dacote wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:41:
1. The "it was free" argument is a logical fallacy. You exchanged a paid key to get 10. If you buy a new computer you are purchasing 10 yet again.

2. Just because you don't get ads has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the user base. The majority don't know how to change Windows default settings or edit the registry.

Speaking for me...

I will not buy a new pc, I will upgrade and win10 will work without paying.

I cannot worry about what others can't do, if it is just making a few easy changes to not have ads. If I lived that way, there are millions of tragedies like this in the naked city and some of them do get me, pc one's... yah no, your in my wheelhouse. That is what intelligence and a little gumption is supposed to do for us.

Do we all just fall for what the dumbest user will fall for our what us smarter pc users do? I have to go with what I do.

6. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 12:38 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:17:
If I paid any amount of money for Windows 10 I might be upset... but I didn't, so I'm not whining that a free OS came with a few ads (which I must have inadvertently disabled because... no fuckin ads here).

That glass house won't stand for long. There's not much worse than people whining about something completely optional that they were given for free.

Right, I did all my units to Win10 for free, many. Haven't seen an ad yet. I'm lucky that way. Now if there were ads and I couldn't do anything about them, yes that would get under me some, if it were kept to a minimum, probably can swallow. However if it became like the Xbox, then yes problem. Still have those Win7 images on file just in case. But until then... I'm going with what my eyes see and my mind tells me, so far, zero ads. Wait let me count them one more time... yes zero.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 11:55 HorrorScope

So you are telling me there will also be people paying $30 for Tetris to?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 11:11 HorrorScope

LOL people are selling Tetris for $40 on a Switch. Is that the land the time forgot?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
38. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 14:34 HorrorScope

"Were Only Human" to the key of Mary Tyler Moore:

Who can turn the world on with their smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's humans, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it
You're only human after all
How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, human this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
28. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:13 HorrorScope

Oh come on everyone... with me:

I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human, cha cha cha

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
43. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 15:54 HorrorScope

I have no fucking idea who is right and wrong in this.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
7. Re: Morning Patches Mar 9, 2017, 20:48 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 20:39:
these procedural games with tech trees should have AI species which are also climbing up the tech tree ladder and producing items and goods and so forth, claiming territory, ranging from friendly to hostile, forming alliances and conflicts, etc.

Now there is a nice dream.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 9, 2017, 11:19 HorrorScope

Right as asked "Why would IBM fabricate data?". There simply could be a partnership where it makes sense to tout it all up. But whatever like I care.

As to others that say "I do work with IBM and I see no macs". Almost assuredly you see a microscopic view as IBM in full, which is around 350K strong. Sort of like a UPS Truck driver thinking he knows all UPS by his singular run. Being fair to ourselves, we wouldn't be able to make a accurate blanket statement with our personal visits and workings with IBM, unless you are at the Enterprise level high-up talking overall deployment. I'm not sure I read that here.

I do agree overall that I don't personally see why you would want to go Apple over PC generally. Shit all the newer boxes are solid state 4x4x1's tacked on the back of the monitor for most users now. We know Win7+ is solid... So you have cheaper and tons more program compatibility with Windows. To me it would be an odd questionable choice, but nunz of mine.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 11:37 HorrorScope

The 99-91 must be if you have one in the building anywhere you count. There is no way that many people are using either, not even close.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released
28. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 19:45 HorrorScope

Is JC3 a coop game? I was under the impression it wasn't.  

6976 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo