Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7640 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
17. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 21:27 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 18:22:
Derp.

As someone you used to deal with SSL certificate updates/replacements that is a pretty bad fail. Never seen a system which didn't allow for automated notifications ahead of time when certificates were going to expire...

Yep huge miss here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
14. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 4, 2018, 14:41 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 08:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 03:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 01:35:
Funfact. Everyone working minimum wage earns less than the minimum. That's why it has to increase yearly by 2% to 4%, if it does not, then every year post setting of the wage you are effectively earning LESS than the minimum wage, since the wage is relative to the exact moment you set it. Inflation devalues the wage however, meaning 15$ a hour is horrendously bad

$15/hour is what they want. Currently, the federal government has mandated a nationwide minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. Try living on that.

Wow, that's crazy low.

And get this, there are whites that want to throw field workers out of the country that could make less than the minimum and not replace those lost workers with their own? I guess they think there is a device like the one in "Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs" that we have now.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 3, 2018, 17:22 HorrorScope

Right, if it were $3.37 it wouldn't take but a few weeks for drivers to know this isn't cutting it and it would have been dead a long time ago. Still need a Bitcoin based version where the company behind it is a total unknown, it is just an App to put driver and rider together. A true open social experience.  

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
65. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 23:07 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 15:09:
Oblama was and still is the biggest chicken George ever of a president

We all want to get you on the real killing fields. I have no idea what you are spewing here, no world war created, stood up to Russia not suck their cocks. Kill Bin L. Kept allies, allies, recovered economy and kept it steady. I guess you just want war, again love to see you in the fields showing off your bad ass.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Mar 2, 2018, 23:03 HorrorScope

Waiting for Christian Gamer review of this beauty.  

49. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 14:57 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 10:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 23:57:
If your going games you need to go movies and tv and some music to. Tons of insensitive and hateful content. If that were ever to be reformed, wow talk about a different world in 25 years. Now you'll need votes from the people and congress and for years in succession to pull this stunt off. I don't think he has it in him.

Hey, hey. Games are "different." They are "interactive." Clicking a mouse button to shoot is the same as pulling the trigger on a gun. Them games are dangerous, doncha know.

I know you are saying that tongue and cheek, but just think of all the movies that offend countries with over the top insulting stereotypes? Let alone insensitive disasters in a movie that happen to actual people, I bet that opens a wound every time. But look at that cool shit!

48. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 14:54 HorrorScope

Zoom wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 07:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 23:57:
If your going games you need to go movies and tv and some music to. Tons of insensitive and hateful content. If that were ever to be reformed, wow talk about a different world in 25 years. Now you'll need votes from the people and congress and for years in succession to pull this stunt off. I don't think he has it in him.
Books. Dont forget books. These things are the devil for Trump and his supporters. They should have people bring their books and burn them in piles to show how they support the effort of their beloved president. Reading is a left-wing thing, it should be banned.
/s

Books to. Yep to make is so we have to make wholesome content that would be universally dubbed as thee and not offend anyone would be quite a task and I'm going with impossible. Even if he tried that in the US, by 2020 there would be someone in there reversing it all. Guy has ZERO foresight, he needs to look at that, what's the point if it would just be reversed in short order?

11. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 23:57 HorrorScope

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2018, 13:25 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 13:04:
Saboth wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 12:47:
I like that when police told her to stop streaming, she told them to do their jobs.

Maybe there needs to be a system where a person registers as a streamer, and if cops get a message to SWAT a house, the streamer flag pops up and they call the person first.

Or maybe they should just be doing that every fucking time instead of going in guns blazing. The problem is with the militarization of the police. And these macho assholes love it. They want the chance to play tough guy with their big machine guns to compensate for their other inadequacies. All you have to do is google "US police militarization" and there's exactly zero shortage of articles, facts and figures about how fucking insane it's become. It's pretty much the de facto response now to everything. They even show up at fucking traffic stops now.

That aside, like I always say, I will never cease to be amazed at how far a nice rack can get a chick in this world.

It's like we're on a Nazi Path, 1/2 the country see's it. Of the other half, half of those don't see it (hello?) and the other 1/2 want it. I'm a big believer almost no one wants it on the other side, their dreams of whatever that is in their head will not match the reality. Idiots for the most part with no foresight.

As for Bright liked the off cop character, thought the plot was too basic, not a fan of a movie that is all about one long chase without enough side story/flashbacks or something to really add to that mechanic, it has some but still felt too light there. The one that really gets me is the new Mad Max, too basic, but then people loved it. Oh well.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2018, 13:40.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV Demo
8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV Demo Feb 26, 2018, 23:52 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 21:04:
Be sure to grab the nvidia drivers... seemed to make a huge difference for me (unlike the Benchmark, without drivers on my 1070 I would get 12 fps less than I do now, strange. Still not getting to 60 at 1440p on MAX though

I hope before I die I'll ever understand wtf is going on with something like that? Obviously this was coded with drivers under this new latest driver that came out today. So what were they developing on all these years and they weren't seeing performance issue developing it and correcting as they go? Perhaps not and maybe it is just some system configs that trigger poor performance and they didn't see it and Nvidia does and tweaks some settings to clear those up... Is that it?

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
123. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 20:11 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 19:32:

Millions of guns and only a handful of mass murder events.

Right, you are a complicit preacher. Tell that to those directly affected.

122. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 20:10 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 18:45:
4 genocides. 100 years.

ALL of them preceded by gun confiscation.

Gun confiscation and banning certain types of guns !=. We've already have some guns banned... no genocide.

Trump really feeling his oats today, back to threatening NK and the world with nuclear war again. Good ole times. I remember how nuke war was such a hot topic in the campaign.

80. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 12:01 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 11:36:
Most gun crime are crimes of passion. They have fuck all to do with mental illness. Someone gets angry and zigs when they should have zagged. Next thing you know someone is shot. So stop trying to frame this bullshit like the only people shooting people are severely mentally ill. It's a weapon plain and simple. And it's made for one purpose and one purpose alone and it makes killing just way too easy.

Domestic Violence is still the #1 answer and a lot of it is completely random in nature causing shock.

79. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 11:55 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
El Pit wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:02:
Private ownership of ASSAULT rifles it only of interest to those planning an... assault? Or what do they need an assault rifle for?

hunting, personal protection, sport.

the AR in AR-15 doesn't stand for Assault Rifle, who knew.

The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun.

Right this comes up, the technical definition, even though we know it is very easy to pull a trigger and spray led with a semi-auto, modify it to full or add additional HW for same results. I'm starting to lean on the "looks", these are M1 Carbine's in many ways, no? Well which looks cooler to young men? The old WW2 wood look or the gun that does in fact look like something from their favorite video game? This is going down the line of cigarettes and advertising to young people, they at one point were able to make it look cool The gov't stepped in to make it not, functional but not cool, smoking is down, but not eliminated. Perhaps that is one of the things we need to do with these guns. Responsible gun ownership should be focused on functionality and not looks, these are extremely dangerous devices. Again not a silver bullet single answer, but perhaps something to consider.

I will say the gun insurance idea is interesting.

I really look at the victims words here and double especially with those that were very pro gun, have this happen to them and they change their thoughts on the subject. This is what we should be analyzing, we are defensive but never felt the force and the pain of this problem directly. I bet if some Senators were hit directly with this, they would have a change of heart. Are you able to POV this and see this ahead of time? Or do you have to have the problem repeat itself over and over and then have it hit you directly? I like to think I'm flexible, insightful, not too prideful and able to learn.

75. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 11:45 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 02:08:
A bad situation with a gun is worse than a bad situation without a gun. A bad situation with two guns is, more often than not, even worse than one with a single gun.

The conundrum. That said, if the world was struggling with this, then I think it could be safe to say it is what it is. Perhaps we are really still struggling with racism, bullyism (yeah I said it) and the like in Murica, where most other countries aren't as diverse and more importantly past that.

News Comments > Funcom Announcement Plans
2. Re: Funcom Announcement Plans Feb 23, 2018, 11:37 HorrorScope

Funcom funcoming.  

37. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 01:58 HorrorScope

Why isn't the whole world having a problem with guns then?

I'm starting to think the NRA is a GOP money funneling program. People pay the NRA, NRA pays the GOP, racket and that is why it is protected and sacred. It is like the problem could be anything but the gun, even if the gun is a high powered, fast triggered human killer, which we all need like a hole in the head.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 22, 2018, 13:10 HorrorScope

Walmart: And the carrier drivers put up their middle finger.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 18, 2018, 15:46 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 15:30:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pressure-on-fbi-mounts-after-failure-to-pursue-tip-on-florida-suspect/

FBI's new slogan. If you see something, say something so we can do nothing.

The other slogan could have been... "See something, say something and we'll detain people without cause or due process, trust us."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
33. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2018, 16:29 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 06:08:
Everyone is so focused on pushing their own political agenda that twisting facts to suit their view has become second nature.

I figure this will drag out so long the answer is Nov 2018 and Nov 2020 and that way there isn't some type of hate based conspiracy of ousting outside of voting, which you know there will be.

7640 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo