Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7499 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 21:58 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 21:13:
MrBone wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 20:49:
Some of you support the DNC that literally screwed Bernie during the last election. Amazing. I can't wait for 2020 either.

I liked Bernie's message, but c'mon.
1. The guy wasn't a Democrat until it was convenient
2. Hillary beat him not including superdelegates.
3. Hillary won primary states overwhelmingly, a more democratic process than the caucus states that Bernie dominated

Personally I think he was the best candidate, but he didn't convince a majority of Dems about that. So let's put to rest the whole "He wuz robbed!" story.

There wuz shenanigans beyond super delegates, not saying for certain it would have changed the outcome, other than him vs Trump, he would have driven it home. Oh well 2018 and 2020.

Do I support the DNC still? Well I don't really even consider them all that much, but compared to bat shit reckless we have right now. Their angels from a 7th Heaven in comparison. And I have no care about RNC either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 18, 2017, 20:41 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 07:41:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 01:22:
FWIW, it takes fewer copies sold to keep a $60 game higher on the list than the $20-30 items right below it (they're ranked by total revenue). I'm sure the gap between PUBG and #2 is HUGE, no matter what it happens to be each week.
So if a game is priced at $500k and sells only ONE copy it will rank higher than a game that sells 499,999 copies but sells for $1 dollar, that don't seem right.

IS THIS THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE DAWN OF MAN - CSGO IS NOT ON THE LIST??? Shocked

Well it is perfectly right if the list is based on Rev. I guess most thought this list was based on units sold?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2017, 20:37 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 17:30:
Lol, sueing Amazon because the post sometimes runs a bit slower a week before Xmas.

Fuck right the fuck off.

And trust me, I'm on the front lines with my own Amazon store knowing exactly how fucking retarded that company is, but this is retarded. You can live without a discount waffle iron for another 24 hours.

Yeah, if you get caught with late packages in 2017, you have learned nothing. Order earlier. It seems there will be people who will order Saturday just to bitch about a missed delivery before Christmas. And when talking mouths on TV start talking about "carriers still haven't learned, still use excuses like weather and fires and ...". Well I'm sorry but weather and your other ideas are all reasons that can totally stop delivery, what are you suggesting putting people at big risk over a buyers procrastination? In fact their bad planning messes up emergency medical deliveries during this time. What companies are going to build a network to handle volumes that max out around 10 days a year? No, how about people understand, there are boundaries to most everything in life and use their brain for what it is for.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 18, 2017, 20:31 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 20:04:
Timmeh wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 19:08:
there are new "monopolies" all the time.

but you cant have Netflix or Disney hogging up all the bandwidth and them not having to pay for it.
Please explain to me how they are not paying for their bandwidth. Are ISPs providing free Internet access to Netflix and Disney? Now THAT would be a story...

Your comments show you either have no grasp of the actual facts about NN or, more likely, you are just a simple troll.

They pay $125/mo for the top-tier choice in their market, some only have one choice.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 20:30 HorrorScope

edaciousx wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 18:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 18:31:
Twitter suspended the wrong account.

I cant wait to vote for trump again in 2020.

Believe me there are many people who can't wait to vote in 2018 and 2020.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 20:30 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 13:14:
"They Are Billions" looks pretty awesome. I'll be picking that up

Good to see it is selling well. This is the guy that did Lords of Xulima which was good to. He was very personable with updates and responses.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2017, 17:26 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 11:54:
I predict States will be getting involved and they aren't that big.
Are you saying the states are not as big as the Koch brothers, even R.I.?
How about the bros and comcast combined, who's bigger then?
No, the states are paid for by these folks and their special interest lobbyists.

Not all states want power to the people, but there are some that try much harder than others, those I feel if they see gouginh, they will step up and take action. I could be wrong, but I believe WA and CA have already made mention. But as much as we might not like this ruling, you still have to see the bad happen first. So we'll see.

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
12. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 15:27 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:40:
Jesus christ you're dumb if you believe this, the last 20 years of PC gaming has been a disaster with the acceptance of drm and mmo's having normalized basically renting games in perpetuity from game companies, very little on the dedicated server side and mod tools from major AAA games compared to the 90's.

Disaster? It has thrived like it never has. There are 1000's of games, overall prices are lower, tons of choices in each genre. Back then it was dry times you had to wait and dream of releases. DRM pfff...

News Comments > PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays
4. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 15:23 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 14:03:
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Was it sarcasm? Sounds like a valid point, guy comes out talking about copying ideas, like his is original and then a day or two later announce they are going to do replays, again not all that original. To me that doesn't mean the game is bad at all though, just sort of odd logic being used over there. As one said, you sold 22 million be happy.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
7. Re: Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Dec 16, 2017, 12:01 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 04:20:
Have any of Rockstar's money suits bothered to look at the stats for VR?

HTC Vive 0.10% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift 0.09% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift DK 20.00% (-0.01%)
Oculus Rift DK 10.00% (0.00%)

Why are they releasing a game for a dead technology or at least a tech with no interest? The only possible thing I can come up with is HTC and Valve are paying Rockstar to make LA Noire into a VR game for Vive as a way to boost sales.

I doubt it, if you cared to frequent VR spaces, you can see things are healthy enough, growing and those coming in are blown away. But whatever, you just want to close the door.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2017, 11:56 HorrorScope

Huh, I thought dogs couldn't see a movie screen or something like that. Perhaps her voice.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2017, 11:54 HorrorScope

I predict States will be getting involved and they aren't that big.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 21:38 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 17:51:
When seeing as it was UPS' fault to begin with they should have been responsible.

All carriers protect themselves against things like this, fraud is bad as-is, it would be historic if they just paid up. People try this shit all the time, jewelry, or pack fragile keepsakes like total armatures and the goods break in-transit. They are clear on money back guarantee on shipping and only up to $100 for lost/damaged items. There are limits to buying insurance, but you basically have to be a company who consistently ships goods with tested shipping materials. Shipping small packages wouldn't work any other way, fraud would destroy it.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
6. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 15, 2017, 21:04 HorrorScope

I'll probably wait for the first major sale of the game + patches, but Far Right 5 looks like solid fun. Interested to see how they've improved coop.  

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again
4. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delayed Again Dec 15, 2017, 13:45 HorrorScope

First 17 came out slick as shit, Version 18 giving labor to a Buick.  

30. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2017, 10:37 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 21:24:
I'm Republican-ish: definitely opposed.

Understand the argument for it though, which is basically "get out of our face government" and allow the free market (which is proven since 1300) to create innovation and wealth for the entire population.

Some thing will rise and kill price gauging by offering a cheaper alternative.

I guess I semi-agree with it LOL

It sounds good, but in reality someone will always cheat and when one does it, it forces the rest to do it. Lower standards, race to the bottom. The whole gov't get out of my face is a dream heaven is made of. We have to have regulations because people will always undercut and then to a point gouging/safety becomes a concern. I'm liberal slanted (solely based on we are all different), but center'ish overall. I'd be right there in line, if I felt this idea of gov't get out of my face works. THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE THAT WILL SCREW IT UP AND THAT IS WHY A LAW/REGULATION IS MADE. They aren't made out of thin air, there is a case and that case is studied and ruled upon, sometimes triggering the gov't to take action in. We have to accept that reality and then understand why gov't is needed. It is, if you are thinking not, then you need to keep on thinking.

Free market's have already not applied to ISP's, they've already created laws that are anti-competition. They've also grown so large and powerful to eat up competition as well. They've also shown that we've given them tax dollars to Build X and they didn't and pocketed it. AGAIN ALL REASONS FOR GOV'T, LAWS AND REGULATIONS. CAUSE THE FUCKERS CHEATED.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 19:01 HorrorScope

The Right-Wing is pro Russia right now to, because leader likes them. Interesting how all this works.  

News Comments > Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium
1. Re: Crytek Suing Cloud Imperium Dec 13, 2017, 19:48 HorrorScope

Ah jesus christ, my heart.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles in May
15. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 11:46 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 02:49:
While I dislike games like those, since they dont offer much replay value for me, I would still prefer this over ARK. This actually feels more like a mini-MMO RPG, while ARK feels like DayZ with dinosaurs, AKA pointless.

Depends on what kind of server you play on. Being that you can run your own, there are many possibilities.

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
1. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

It works on the Oculus, both of Bethesda's recent releases do.  

7499 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo