Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
19. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 12, 2016, 16:06 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 13:02:
I've seen user feedback on Vulkan Doom where the Nvidia cards were seeing a large boost as well.

Seems like the 1070 isn't seeing any of that love, heck, it even loses some performance in 4k.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new-patch-brings-vulkan-support-to-doom.html

Altho your mileage may vary if you are CPU bottlenecked it seems... But if you're not, no love for you. Good news for those with old CPUs tho ( like me ).

Unless people are lying... so far I'll I've seen published is the same graph linked over and over. Reddit has a thread about this, with this graph, but in the comments, there are Nvidia people stating they are seeing healthy increases as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 12, 2016, 14:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 11:29:
nin wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 10:40:
Warner paid PewDiePie and other YouTubers to praise Shadow of Mordor.

This thing that was so stupid about this (and Warner not allowing reviews unless they could approve them beforehand) was they had a fantastic game on their hands. There was no need for any of this bullshit, except someone in the company apparently didn't have any faith in the product.

Exactly. Why get roasted on a game that's just genuinely good? I'm playing it right now and having a great time. The map could be larger (it feels more like a large yard than Mordor), and I wish the orcs didn't take 17 hits each to kill, but other than that it's fantastic. Great atmosphere, cool missions, the Nemesis system is awesome (I have an orc captain who is totally gay for me. Keeps calling me "my sweet" as he keeps coming back from the dead.)

I can see doing this on a fairly crappy game, but why on something so good?

He still brings in a legion... it was a new franchise game for them.

It is a very fun game and interested to see where they go next.

Personally I'm just not wrapped up on game reviews or such anymore, I simply have the tools I need today to make a choice and professional or singular opinions have a low weighted score from me.

And yes to bug pharma and how this particular issue is minuscule in comparison.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2016, 14:13 HorrorScope

But a decent i5 or better system with 8 gigs o ram from any mfg that allows standard size cards to be added in. Buy a $200 or whatever more you would like to spend on a GPU. Boom you have a good gaming pc.

Or if you don't want to do anything get the same above for about $300-$400 and buy a name brand gaming pc.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
8. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 12, 2016, 13:02 HorrorScope

I've seen user feedback on Vulkan Doom where the Nvidia cards were seeing a large boost as well.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 13:40 HorrorScope

I think it has happened again, almost certain and it is one of my fav's here at Blues and probably is the reason why Blue's post Cliffski blogs. For commenter's to mistaken him for Cliffy B.

On topic, are people really struggling with reviews these days? There are several ways to get info on a game from several sources of written word from industry and gamers to youtube to streams. Personally if there is a problem here, I'm not sure why or why to care.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
37. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 11:44 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 22:11:
First, pointing to the router and saying block it there is not addressing the problem. That's treating the symptoms and not the disease. Second, even if people have routers which allow doing this (which some won't), most won't know how to do it. Third, as shihonage explained even if you have the capacity and the know how, it isn't an easy problem to solve at the router. Fourth, finally and most importantly, why should I have to do this?

I get your point and overall agree, but that is what we advanced pc users do. We know these things, how to do these things and do these things. But yeah still sucks, I have 4 systems this month to upgrade unless I hear of an extension of the free-period. And as mentioned will be going in with cloned backups in case of issues upgrading which I doubt, but more importantly if I want to go back to 7 someday. If it gets "as bad" as some are mentioning here.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2016, 13:45.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 10, 2016, 11:35 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:25:
Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....

Yeah there is another game app that does this where you pick a faction and there are places all over the globe where you go to and take for your own and then they can come take it back. There was more to it than that, but you could see the draw of a scavenger hunt for many. When I saw what Go was all about, I could see they piggy backed off that idea.

Same dev. You're thinking of Ingress.

Ah! Yeah not much up on mobile but I did recall that game and when I had to go see what this Pokemon Go was all about, first reaction was that. It is a fresh mobile idea.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2016, 15:24 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:25:
Pokemon Go is quite ingenious to get people to explore nature (haha).. now if only it would launch in Germany....

Yeah there is another game app that does this where you pick a faction and there are places all over the globe where you go to and take for your own and then they can come take it back. There was more to it than that, but you could see the draw of a scavenger hunt for many. When I saw what Go was all about, I could see they piggy backed off that idea.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
11. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:45 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:00:
Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

Yes. True for UWP (Windows store exclusive) apps. You can not mod UWP games, no multi GPU, no G-Sync/FreeSync, no MSI Afterburner, no Fraps, no GeForce Experience (no ShadowPlay), i.e. no support for any overlay 3rd party app at all.

UWP apps = GFWL 2.0 ... only even shittier than ever!

Is all their announced Win 10 games coming out under UWP?

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
9. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 21:06 HorrorScope

Seems like LOTR and DDO is headed for maintenance mode, however they are saying no changes are being made to the plans they have laid out as of now. We know how the mobile part will go, they have their Batman game coming out, right? In a year they'll have to decide if they want to carry on as a company and make something new for the pc or take the two mmo's out of maintenance mode. I loved DDO, if only there was a way to update/remake it, like mentioned a user friendly UI for one.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2016, 21:17.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
8. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:00 HorrorScope

Like how they don't want to mention a MOUSE and you had no choice of No Controllers. MS same as it ever wuz, if the CEO knew... he'd fire pretty much anyone associated with PC Gaming and start a fresh.

Oh and not listing privacy as a reason not to upgrade to win 10, yeah again keep burying your heads.

Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
30. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 8, 2016, 00:58 HorrorScope

:18 - Confidence  

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
22. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 22:08 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

I still use around 10 mods... so there is that. Not that they see eye to eye with me on those.

News Comments > VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue
11. Re: VIVE & GTX 10 Series Display Port Issue Jul 6, 2016, 20:47 HorrorScope

saluk wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:52:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:58:
If you use the HDMI port, which behaves better all around on the Vive anyway, you're fine. They make it sound like a disaster.

I hdmi to my tv, and there's only one hdmi port. So I can't hdmi to vive and have to use the display port. So yeah it's a bit annoying for me. This is a very common configuration for the Vive, as you can always count on HDMI input to tvs but other inputs are spotty. It's not the biggest deal, but a pretty big facepalm. Specifically improve VR features, while also breaking a common configuration.

Come on NVIDIA.

I have a hdmi switch for A/V, do these work in this case as well?

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 20:15 HorrorScope

My avg purchase $2.37. I need deeper discounts people!  

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
10. Re: Nothing hidding in Polaris 10 Jul 4, 2016, 18:12 HorrorScope

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 13:20:
NetHead wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 12:30:
So Vega is an entirely new DIE and CHIP ? If so that would mean by the time it's out, Nvidia is gonna push a TI version of GP104 (it has plenty of headroom) to compete against that with barely any extra development no?

Just seems like AMD is basically doomed to lose what little market share it has left if they don't release some positive press soon. At the latest by xmas tons of people are gonna plan to upgrade.

Yup, and that's pretty much the usual story there, a whole cat and mouse thing. Nvidia also has the GP102, which is what the "Ti" or Titan cards are expected to be based on, meaning then they wouldn't be the same chips as 1070/1080 just cranked up.

Then AMD have Vega 11, then Nvidia still has the full Pascal in GP100, and then AMD has Navi..

and so it goes...

I still think it's going to take months (easily 6+) for us to see how things end up, the dust isn't going to settle until all the cards are on the table. I also still think we haven't seen the real benefit of this node shrink yet.

About AMD's market share, in that regard they're doing it well and that's the reason for them focusing on the lower/mid range first which sell a hell of a lot more than the higher end.

Also since the lower end chips are smaller they get more per wafer, so even before the 480 was released there were more Polaris chips floating around than 1070/1080 chips despite those already having been released first.

For the whole market share thing it's the best move they could have made. Unfortunately that's also part of the reason prices for the 1070/1080 are astronomical.

Thanks, you saved me the trouble of explaining it. I'll probably pick up a 480 in a month (once vendor boards are out). I'm running a 7870 and I would much rather pay $200 for an R480 than the projected $250 for a 1060 that (according to the benchmarks I've seen) might give you 5% more performance. Tech Report always does a performance/dollar graph and the R480 owns that metric. That's who AMD is targeting (along with the next gen of consoles)...

Interesting I saw a graph on 15 games avg together on a benchmark and then a commenter did the math and right now 1080 and 1070 are owning that metric because they are just so much faster. I could find it...

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 4, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

I bought a couple handful with an avg price of $2.37.  

News Comments > Independence Day Tech Bits
1. Re: Independence Day Tech Bits Jul 4, 2016, 11:26 HorrorScope

Under-volting.... who knew?  

News Comments > Nox for Free
3. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:01 HorrorScope

They're pulling out all stops this 4th of July weekend.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Is Lyme Disease Curable? Jul 1, 2016, 18:25 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 18:01:
I made it to stage 3 before figuring out I had it. Went to 5 different doctors over a few years trying to figure out what was wrong with me, none of them mentioned Lyme's disease, even though my symptoms were a perfect match, other than I never had a bull's eye rash.

Before I knew what I had I thought I was dying, sometimes I could barely walk when I woke up in the morning, it would last for hours. All my muscles and joints started to hurt, I noticed I was out of breath very easily all of a sudden. I'd forget words at random, it happened all the time. I started to get this unending pain in my lower legs that felt as if it was coming from my bones "the doctors said that was probably vitamin D deficiency, nope, tests came out just fine".

Out of nowhere I suddenly had what the doctor said was "multiple pinched nerves in my neck". I could barely move my right arm, the pain was so intense "for 3 months" I felt like stabbing a knife through the nerve in my arm. I couldn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time, then when I woke I would cuss for 2 hours straight because the pain was so intense. It began to feel as if I was losing my mind. This was the worst experience I've ever had. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. I thought about suicide constantly as a way out because the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. I refused to give up and read as much as I could until finally coming across "Lyme's disease".

2 weeks into the antibiotic treatment I began to feel like myself again. 3 weeks and I literally cried because I felt so good, I never though I would feel normal again, I could barely tell the brain fog was there any longer. My legs no longer hurt, nor my muscles or joints. 4 weeks I noticed I wasn't so easily "out of breath".

Thank whatever god you choose that you found it early, because if there is a hell then I was in it.

Edit: More than one doctor said I was merely depressed, prescribed me an antidepressant and sent me packing.

Sounds like experiences I have with docs.

Glad the two of you got it figured out.

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo