Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6997 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
73. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 17:11 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 16:39:
Yep. ACA or not, this is a major problem. The median US household income is around $55k. If you are single, you could probably save enough (depending on where you live) on that to survive a bad year $9k deductible. If you are a family of four, forget it. You aren't saving that much -- and half the country has less money than that.

Yeah either way it is payments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 16:23 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 12:18:
WaltC wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 11:58:
snip
The spin cycle is out in force.

Yep he's backing a loser, I just can't get over how far this party has fallen. They're constituent are about in total conspiracy mode now with about everything. The craziest scenario... the most likely to them. He's probably calling people libtards, snowflakes and cucks elsewhere, knows better to bring that shit here.

70. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 16:22 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 12:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 11:59:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 09:35:
Amazingly, it was the Freedom Caucus saved the ACA, for now. If you had told me prior to this past week I'd ever be thankful for the Freedom Caucus I would have laughed out loud. However, my appreciation is tempered by knowing why they were against the bill. They want even LESS health coverage. They don't think the government should be in the health care business. If the Freedom Caucus had gotten what they want, it would have made the Trumpcare replacement look grandiose.

Since it didn't go to vote we are unsure, it was leading up to them being pretty much the sole reason, but rumors/reports stated the reason it didn't go to vote was there were in the end even more moderate conservatives against it and didn't want to expose so many people. Can't validate, not sure care too much, it failed, they failed, it was a terrible plan for us Joe's, they were in a lose-lose and came out with a lose.

They started losing moderates at the end because they decided to start scrapping stuff like protection for preexisting conditions. Freedom Caucus wants every bit of Obamacare eliminated, and we go back to the bad old days of insurance where you pay $100 a month for junk coverage that doesn't cover anything, and insurance companies only cover healthy people, then toss you off your coverage if you get sick. Moderates weren't on board with that, so once Ryan started trimming those kinds of things, they lost more votes than they gained. Turns out people really like a lot of things that Obamacare did, much to the dismay of the GOP. It was also hilarious to hear Trump trying to lay blame on the Democrats. Bud, your party has a *majority* in both House and Senate. The Dems recognized it was pos legislation (like most of the country did) that you guys threw together at the last minute (despite having 7 years to craft it), and it was terrible for everyone in the country except the rich. Why on Earth would they vote for it? Extremely embarrassing for the GOP and conservatives that voted for them.

Here is the only thing I didn't like with OabamaCare if it truly was even related, there are signs it was well on its way regardless... High deductibles. Business was gearing this way in articles you can reference, as they know that first nut on the individual if high enough, people would really consider if they need to go to the Doc's office or not. Many now refrain where they used to just go, I raise my hand.

We try extra hard to stay healthy, but if we start having a rash and if we bust through the deductible, then we start going in for all the little things adding up over a few years, like my deviated septum.

The main main reason to have insurance for us is the catastrophic scenario. Worst case per year cost for me is 9k, so cancer, terrible accident can't bankrupt me. I think Obama will tell you, it is still overall not ideal, some dems could not vote for a single payer system back then and keep their seat, I think they would have gone that way. So we just have a mix of the same variables in some odd fashion. No doubt covering all, age 26 family coverage, per-existing conditions, no lifetime max were huge home runs though and to back off on any of those can't be looked at as for the small guy.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 25, 2017, 16:13 HorrorScope

This outta be good... franks and beans.  

62. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 11:59 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 09:35:
Amazingly, it was the Freedom Caucus saved the ACA, for now. If you had told me prior to this past week I'd ever be thankful for the Freedom Caucus I would have laughed out loud. However, my appreciation is tempered by knowing why they were against the bill. They want even LESS health coverage. They don't think the government should be in the health care business. If the Freedom Caucus had gotten what they want, it would have made the Trumpcare replacement look grandiose.

Since it didn't go to vote we are unsure, it was leading up to them being pretty much the sole reason, but rumors/reports stated the reason it didn't go to vote was there were in the end even more moderate conservatives against it and didn't want to expose so many people. Can't validate, not sure care too much, it failed, they failed, it was a terrible plan for us Joe's, they were in a lose-lose and came out with a lose. The big win is more long term, more and more people now are starting to see single-payer as the only real answer, the rest is the same thing with a mix to it and are getting how the rest of the world has healthcare for all and cheaper prices. Go figure.

Crazy week, Nunes comes off now as a total flake with his flip-flopping and how he was an investigator and ran off and warned one of those being investigated. These guys are good.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
4. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Mar 24, 2017, 21:11 HorrorScope

They got ballz asking $50 for a makeover, man $25 at the most.  

24. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:09 HorrorScope

loomy wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 21:07:
the pace of development right now is so fast that they can't predict where they will be in 1 month. the people donating are doing so to support a dream. I'm happy with my money spent, even if they fail, because I didn't donate for success, I donated for them to try ALL THIS CRAZY SHIT they are trying

Cool. When I grow up I hope to have this kind of disposable income, because if I do, I get this line of thinking. Fuck it, loaded, give it a try... The only thing that would rub me wrong would be to one day find out it really was a hoax, otherwise I get yah.

23. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 21:07 HorrorScope

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 21:02:
I am not like most of the people on these boards, I don't give a shit about the rich idiots who keep pouring money into this game. It's not my money. As long as the money keeps going into make this a better game, I can keep waiting.
Obviously I'm sure Roberts is wasting some of the money on bad decisions but I am not going to assume I know how much really is wasted and how much is properly spent.

Yep. I'll be able to get into this if ever readied, for no more than a grand total of $60 and possibly less after release. I love winning.

But yeah hearing 5 years in, it is going to be at least 7 years before release, that's a long time for any game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 20:46 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 15:01:
I'm guessing quite a few of you use TV android boxes. Me Ma wants one as she's a big TV watcher and wants to cut the cable. I'm the exact opposite and could care less but seeing as I'm the tech guy I said I'd look into it. Now he uses a MyGica box but from what I can glean so far they're massively overpriced because it's just a box with all the software preloaded.

So looking at Amazon Canada they have these Android boxes

Which are more reasonable in the sub $50 dollar range. Are those the same things? Come with KODI or you're able to install KODI to them? Something that's good for 4K and decent memory so it's a bit futreproofed. Any recs? Thanks!

She can go Kodi - Exodous and maybe if you want some privacy a vpn with that. you can but that all on a sick/box and have basically everything.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2017, 21:13 HorrorScope

Geeze it even has hit John Deere. Can't fix your tractor because of a EULA.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
76. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 22, 2017, 19:02 HorrorScope

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 05:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 18:08:
Fell out of my chair last night watching the Warriors game on TNT. There is a series using the "We're only human after all, We're only human after all", song as part of the promo.

I've been hearing that fucking song everywhere lately for various shows and commercials. I swear it's haunting me for talking shit about it in the ME:A trailer...

I'm going to use it as my new Rickroll.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
17. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 15:59 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 15:14:
Well, that only does blizzard's games, so it's not really a straight comparison to Steam/Origin/GoG, right?

I think many times people complain because of all the separate apps, so it fits into that argument. Uplay seems only their games as well and they are brought into the rants commonly.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2017, 13:45 HorrorScope

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 12:50:
This is total horse shit. I've been a software consultant working from home for 3 years now and I'm more productive than I've ever been. I'm not preoccupied with getting home on time to see my family, I don't have a commute to deal with and I'm overall happier and less stressed. This translates in me getting more immersed in my work and actually enjoying it.

A lot of what you just said is about your personal productivity and not the companies, they don't care about your commute, they will care a little about your stress, but you have to professionally manage that for survival. Also your job is different than marketing as described, I can see how in person synergies being useful with marketing teams. What IBM is doing isn't new and the more successful competitors are describing why they want the people in-house. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but it is their call and 19 quarters south, yes it sucks because it is change.

You next part, yes I would not make a blanket statement that remote workers are bad. Could they be? Yes. Anyone can be. You do have to be professional no doubt. There are privileges afforded, so you have to be careful.

13. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 13:32 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 13:01:
No, if I was selling games I wouldn't use Steam either.

You would most likely be making a mistake, you have no name in gaming so it isn't like you can take the Witcher brand and push GOG heavily and people will come. You would find steam the easiest way to get your game out there to the largest audience. Plenty of developers have already said for a game with your credentials, Steam is essential, they know and have spoke. I do agree 30% is high and all that, but there are other truths in this equation that make Steam the right answer for most.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2017, 12:13 HorrorScope

The IBM thing, I think it is very reasonable to expect a different focus when people are together vs apart. They reference plenty of solid reasons and companies in their market that want their people together purposely and they have the fresh tech and results to back it up. It is sort of the young vs the old, Google vs IBM, Facebook vs IBM. The old make fun of the millennials, who's laughing now? Those younger companies don't even want older people I hear, because chances are they are set in their old ways and old tech. Also if I may add, the old probably have a shit ton of BS policies in place that fuck up innovation, because that is what older duller people do, make things to slow things down to their speed. I'm one of the old guys by the way, work in a company even a little larger than IBM and know the BS policies. We say speed speed speed, but still have way too many useless roadblocks.

I was surprised Gallup states 25% of the entire US workforce works remotely, that seems way too high, 10% seems even high. Not sure if I believe them or perhaps their definition is looser than what we're lead to believe in this article.

They are paying for relocation, good. No raises for moving into a large metropolis? Again could be a play on words, there are market values adjustments, they aren't called raises, so I still wonder if those will apply. At my company SF = +20% vs base.

Severance was shockingly low, 1 month? 1 month at IBM? What is more std for their industry is like 2 months per year service with a max after a couple years. 1 month? That's not a typo? Sheesh.

I have the ability to take a position that allows me to not only work and home but anywhere at home, like on the other side of the world at home. This news does make me think a little more about that, if I do take a position like that, I might not want to go too far away, because if they were to call us back in, that would really add to the pain, maybe when I'm down to my last 5 years.

I totally get a company that isn't performing well to think getting their people back in, focused as a reasonable move. I totally get it would suck and blow for the employee that is now vested in their own location and has very cozy arrangement.

News Comments > Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows
3. Re: Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows Mar 22, 2017, 11:38 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:03:
Somewhere, far in the distance, a poor Microsoft engineer is standing there with the tattered remnants of DX12, going "We're still here! Hello? Guys? Guys...?"

MS is lost in the woods about how to handle pc games. It time it seems only the xbox brand won't be supported. Uh oh.

9. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 11:36 HorrorScope

Dentorro wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 11:02:
Why give 30% of your money to Valve if you can get it al for yourself? I can see more publishers in the future go their own route so they earn more.

That's why I can't blame the big boys for doing it, if I were in their shoes making the business decisions, biggest no-brainer there is.

And yest to Battle.net, Blizzard always given the pass.

Origin does sell non-EA games. Their front-end allows non-origin games to be loaded in as well. They also have a monthly service that allows you to play around 70 games for one cost, Steam doesn't have anything like that.

Ubi seems to sell just Ubi and they have a sale on right now... Dishonored 2 is sold out, didn't know that was possible with a digital game, lol.

Went into windows store once, just once. Clueless company on pc gaming.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
122. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 19:21 HorrorScope

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:25:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:12:
-snipped for sanity-

Look, CJ plays a game he's railed on for months and stated he wouldn't lower himself down to the rest of us plebs by playing....

Go fuckin figure. First moments available.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2017, 18:12 HorrorScope

I get the point but is that even unique?

If I buy something on amazon, is my local town getting any money? So if people buy a product online in NZ, the locals probably aren't getting tax dollars, but is that odd? Now there most likely is a VAT tax or the like bringing the phone into the country, so it isn't like it isn't taxed at all and NZ is left out. But that's not the point in sensationalist reporting, is it?

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
54. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 18:08 HorrorScope

Fell out of my chair last night watching the Warriors game on TNT. There is a series using the "We're only human after all, We're only human after all", song as part of the promo.  

6997 Comments. 350 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo