Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7499 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2018, 16:36 HorrorScope

Netflix has to do what they are doing, the have to get original content. The content owners are taking their content back, esp disney and they won't have enough content that people will care for. Can they improve on what they got? Yes. But they sort of have to go this path.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cloud Gaming Returns
12. Re: Cloud Gaming Returns Jan 4, 2018, 13:58 HorrorScope

You could finance a PC for that every 3 years and have direct connection. Seems too steep in cost, beyond the other stuff. And if the comeback were, but then you have to manage your own pc... Just get a console then and be done with it.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2018, 12:58 HorrorScope

Perhaps a currency that the major financial players use to move their money around. Perhaps we aren't that important. I'm sitting and prepared to hear that.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 31, 2017, 15:56 HorrorScope

To "All that stuff" and one wonders why there are regulations?

Another story in there talking about Banks and the new tax system, some pretty depressing reading starting out a new year.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
18. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 30, 2017, 13:57 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 16:00:
What really sucks is now every game here on out will have to be battle royale.

Not a fan.

Well that's already been the trend. Now Activation, EA and UBI need to have theirs and then that's that. There are plenty of games of all kinds being made, no reason to dramatize it any different. Yes many companies will go where they think the big money is. Blizzard imo is the only one I'd guarantee a success, 'cause they following they have.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
30. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2017, 13:46 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 01:43:
Tyler Barriss: Man behind Wichita swatting incident arrested in Los Angeles

So they got the little bastard. And this fuckin' clown has been arrested for multiple swattings and bomb threats already. They really need to make an example of this asshole. Yeah, life in prison at this point sounds about right.

This one's a lawyers wet dream.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 13:20 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 12:48:
CNN ain't center. By Far. However, I will concede that MSNBC is far more left.

Right now I don't think there can be anything that feels like a center with what is going on. I feel in general CNN is fairly center, but when one side and most notably the president is attacking free press, gets caught in lies constantly, create racial divides, says adolescent things... it won't feel centered because they are retaliating back against this absurdity. But if one was a respectable Republican as president, it would feel a lot more centered than now.

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 13:17 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 12:39:
It's not equal.

I agree with this. What is mainstream media, 90% of it? That means 90% are going along with a feed. 100% have the ability to take the feed and report it as-is or twist it or not even report it at all. If places started to twist it that 90% wouldn't be there, mainstream would not really exist in how it is used. So we all generally agree with such a thing as "mainstream media".

When the vast majority of the reports are in alignment, I go with that because it gets really difficult to orchestrate otherwise. If the mainstream was habitual liars there wouldn't be a mainstream report, there would be so many varied reports that there would be a loud call of "What the hell is going on here?".

Now lets look in more detail at the 10% that are different. Why are they? Is this 10% giving me what I feel is more of a true story? Is the 10% all over the map vs each other, aka they are lying and that makes their stories all unique and non-matching, sort of a dead giveaway to me. Or are they all the saying the same and after investigating I feel: This 10% is right, now what is up with the 90% here? What's going on? How are the able to organize this? OR do I find most of the time the 10% is in left-field. I won't answer that.

The point is they are all getting like feeds, why is 90% in agreement while the remainder 10% typically reporting something different? It becomes one of those law saying things... "News that tends to be reported by the vast majority, has a tendency to be more correct than those reported by a few." or "When everything is a conspiracy, nothing is a conspiracy.". Do you think all these entities are really that well run, that they can all collude in real-time? I don't know of businesses that well run.

When one says "they all lie", we should also be open and say all people lie, you, me & Mr. McGee. You ever think that politicians, think town level now, are nothing more than one of us wanting to get involved and with good intentions? That once you win, the town immediately thinks you are a lying crook and not even knowing you, but you know better, but no matter that is what they think. But then in time you will become a liar, as people hold you for answers and then sometimes you can't deliver because it just isn't possible, hence you are now a proven liar. SEE!!! I knew it! That the system makes you that way, even in your heart is in the right place, because you are now held to every word and life is dynamic.

One thing I don't trust in local politics is non-locals coming in from out of town running for office. To me that is National Politics trying to simply get their people in everywhere for their national agenda and not local one. That is one of my first keys in local politics, finding that bastard and X'ing them out. The last one my town had, came in with supersized development plans into a very small town, lost their ballots and quit mid-term because of it, their sugar money wasn't going to happen. Yeah that kind of shit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

"They also mean someone can get fined for warming up their car in the cold for, generally, over half an hour."

I think that 1/2 hour is an important key, yes places don't want you having your car idling all day. I've heard of these before and they are sold to us light on detail, trying to once again sell fear. "Oh no I can't warm the car up in the morning anymore!".

Inside that link was this great engineering video on Mobile 1 20k/1 Year synthetic and how they test it to get that claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=567&v=l-zDt9FGJi8

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 12:06 HorrorScope

I learned nothing on how Netflix works from that drivel of a story.

And to the top 50, ya know they need to keep Nat Enquirer stuff out, these one off individual wack stories don't matter to society. When you use "Fake News" we are talking stories that typically political in nature, that do make us form opinions and can affect us as a society. To put in mostly BS individual wacko stories, is again a shit ass article. I got zero from it.

Does Blues get ad revenue from clicking on these type of links?

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2017, 11:16 HorrorScope

Even Trump gets one right every so often, why is USPS subsidizing Amazon in shipping, meaning taking a loss. We have to assume it is, the entity is still losing billions a quarter and at an estimated $2 a package, that is surely a loss. By doing so, it undermines retail who pay market costs and has the public footing part of the cost due to loss. USPS in general needs to start charging to at least cover the costs to a break even point and they are not.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2017, 18:33 HorrorScope

I keep thinking there has to be a way to do something like Uber, but with cryptocoins, where the driver and passenger is the transportation and app is the electronic payment to "who knows where?". This makes the company anonymous, unattackable, unable to regulate, sue, unionize, whatever else you want to do to hold it back. It is just an app that takes a transnational fee anonymously and the driver/passenger do their deal.  

News Comments > PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding
18. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 28, 2017, 18:25 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 15:45:
Rubberbanding ruins games. They better figure that shit out quick.

I don't know of this rubber-banding you speak of...

"we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues our players are experiencing"

Sounds more like an issue of character position readjustment.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 18:23 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 18:03:
It's like when people complain about pricing on high end wines in some of the joints I've worked. It's like, 'This is a luxury commodity. Fuckoff and go somewhere else or buy it

Take that line of thinking into games as well. Sometimes we bitch about luxuries there to vs needed things.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 07:25:
From the sounds of it, the technology is here and it works. It just needs to be scaled up and refined to handle the most technically challenging use cases.

Like an icy hill in January or a high wind rain/foggy day in the bay area hills.

11. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 28, 2017, 12:44 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 11:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 11:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 10:20:
The netcode is utter garbage. Just get a new one already...

If they had a Comp USA store nearby they could have just stopped over and picked one up off the shelf.
I think thats where they got it from in the first place.
It was fine with 50 players in the alpha, but instantly, in the beta, after increasing to 100 players, it went belly up and only bandaids were implemented since then to hide the utter crap it is.

They got the wrong one, they should have chosen the other box right next to it, that one works better.

Sounds like they need to go back to 50 players.

3. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 28, 2017, 11:02 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 10:20:
The netcode is utter garbage. Just get a new one already...

If they had a Comp USA store nearby they could have just stopped over and picked one up off the shelf.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 27, 2017, 19:22 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 07:06:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 02:17:
Wasn't Samsung and some others supposed to come out with VR headsets this Christmas? There were supposed to be a whole slew of them based on the Windows mixed reality API.

Cold feet perhaps? VR it not trending much at all. Niche fad is niche.
Bring the price and requirements way down, then it may get common place.

Not sure you are as in tune as you think.

First there are tons of cheap VR, with low price and low requirements.

Sales are up YOY. Investment dollars are up YoY. So it is growing, is it an on-fire product? No. What we are seeing is gaming isn't in a crisis that a new format has to come in to save it.

On the high pc-end a unit with all the accessories hit $350 this Christmas and that price is showing it will sell for that.

There should be some quality standalone units coming soon, but I don't really have a personal interest there, others will.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2017, 11:11 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 11:00:
Yeah except who the hell wants a $100,000+ pickup truck with one seat? People either buy pickups for work or as family vehicles. The artist rendering makes it wholly impractical, electric or not. That looks like nothing more than a toy for city slickers to drive around.

There are people out there for sure that would buy that, but those that won't, are your typical truck owners, they'll want to stay gas/diesel as long as anybody. But there are people out there certainly.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 27, 2017, 00:44 HorrorScope

How do these cars know where to stop. For example at a 4 way stop, why does the car stop and what triggers it to stop and what happens if that isn't there? Is it by GPS or is it by things it see's. I was at a very odd 5 way stop this past week and thought, a car is really going to handle this really odd situation how these roads are aligned here?  

7499 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo