Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7633 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
20. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 22:51 HorrorScope

Oh and the driver did what all of will do if we are in an automated car but we are still supposed to keep an eye out for that .0001% of the time. Be doing something else. That is human ass nature.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 20:37 HorrorScope

webber wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 16:14:
If you are thinking that even a human would have had trouble avoiding this accident and thus making an excuse for the machine, you are utterly wrong. The machine is not supposed to have the trouble. Ironically, self driving cars are chock full of tech that gives an advantage over human drivers in exactly these conditions. The tech should be much better at recognizing someone in black clothes in the darkest night, it doesn't even matter if the headlights are on of off. The angle and speed of the jaywalker isn't supposed to matter either, because the car isn't just staring ahead, like a human. And finally, a human might have hit the brakes too late, but at least hit them. This looks like the car didn't notice anything at all and never hit the brakes. Total fail.

This, we can't act like the car see's like we see, it can see 360. Now not all of these cars tech are created equally either. I think we still have a long way too go here for two reasons. Every issue like this is a big event media deal and that will weigh on the public, while 3200 die each day without. Then the weather, weather fucks with this like it does drones. The coup de grace... the first time of a mass hack, end game.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
10. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 18:45 HorrorScope

Blue I hope they are sending you a nice advert check for this game. Totally unsure otherwise why this game is something to put a spotlight on.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 18:41 HorrorScope

White home-schooled christian boy went postal, full on terrorist. No video games.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2018, 11:52 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 11:25:
All this whole data thing is, ,, is a bunch of leftist blown out of proportion one sided,,, ignoring what they do all time time... classic BS... reason that the MSM leftist media needs to get shut down.

All it is is lying one sided leftist propaganda. its not news or factual information in any way shape or form.

Oh you mean the other side is better?
LOL they make it even easier to see:

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/974450928714747906

News Comments > Pricey New Warframe for Warframe
8. Re: Pricey New Warframe for Warframe Mar 21, 2018, 18:42 HorrorScope

Please roll a 75% off today, please roll a 75.

Thoughts on games the RNG discounts daily on startup?

News Comments > NVIDIA GPP Concerns Linger
20. Re: NVIDIA GPP Concerns Linger Mar 21, 2018, 18:39 HorrorScope

Well I have to see something here really affect me. I do know they've been fair to me in terms of performance improvements over the years. Some bag on them hard saying they are milking us pre-high price sitch. I don't know what they are seeing, compared to about any other microchip makers, esp cpu's, they are way above avg on leaps forward. They have some 10% gens but they also throw in 25%-50+% generational improvements, that is massive in this sector.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
41. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 11:15 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 10:20:
Been playing the game and it is definitely worth the $60 IMO. How many games are? I think the PS4 people are eating their heart out!

No way compared to the games I play, which have a lot more content for a lot less.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
32. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 21:28 HorrorScope

60 bucks? LOL. I guess they are using this to push Game Pass.  

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
4. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 19, 2018, 20:45 HorrorScope

I think there is something there to capture, will they hit that mark?  

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
14. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 19, 2018, 10:42 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 09:21:
Unity is not the problem; the dickhead "developers" who want to make a quick buck with zero effort on Steam are the problem.

Sure there are some low efforts out there, but this whole zero effort thing is way overboard. It takes a lot to make a game in any system and if you don't have the best assets/talent, it is still work and there are many other parts of a game that are indeed work. I'd be more apt to say "Unity really can pull off great results if the talent is there to put it in", which I had no doubt. For example this game is being praised upfront by its animation, Unity tools allow it to be state of the art if the user is up to it, as good as models as you can make with all the tools for fine granularity to make it life like.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 12:13 HorrorScope

I think Slick has a point, what I see is a bunch of possibly uniformed mob mentality. I really think the news is the players had a direct effect on loot-boxes not only in this game but the industry and this game was at the center of this. I'm by no means a SWBF2 tit-for-tat feature expert.  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer
12. Re: Far Cry 5 Bill of Rights Trailer Mar 17, 2018, 12:08 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 06:48:
Slick wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 19:47:
I'm more concerned about the fact that they're already advertising the Season Pass content BEFORE THE GAME HAS LAUNCHED.

How is this not a big deal to people? They're openly telling people who haven't even played the game yet that to experience everything they have to plonk down another $50.
To be honest the Season Pass content never matches the original content, so I don't worry about it. I act as if it doesn't exist and just wait for the base game to be discounted to a price I find acceptable.

This and if it meshes up with that being a GOTY edition with everything on discount, I'll consider that a nice bonus.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Begins
11. Re: Surviving Mars Begins Mar 16, 2018, 12:38 HorrorScope

You could see how one bad apple could really cause havoc to a system like that on a hostile planet.  

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
5. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 12:36 HorrorScope

Pro Tip: If you want to speed up your game play... Drop the difficuly level lower or mod god mode or something else in, save $$$'s.

When was the last time a AAA game was hard on the easy setting?

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 12:34 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 11:08:
To the topic itself: star cards, crystals, crates, credits, milestones, challenges, jesus christ what a mess. When a progression system practically needs a spreadsheet to fully illustrate and explain it, you done fucked up.

One of my top reasons I can't stand MMO's anymore, currency types, what they are, how do they work, what are they for. JHC, can't I just play the f'in game. You want me back, but the learning level to want to play level for me is all broken.

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 12:32 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 10:32:
Blues, you would be doing everyone a favor if you dont post anything about EA or this crap infested game. Does anyone really care about this game or anything EA related anymore?

I would look at is as less about the game, but how the people are making a difference. This is a big shift here, it is too the peoples voice, so that itself to me is the news. Fuck the game. But +1 to the people who fought for this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 16, 2018, 00:55 HorrorScope

Yeah I'd say a gamer with some cash these days wants to be sporting at least one SSD for the O/S. I have a couple and wouldn't bat an eye at putting in a 3rd. Good that most of the downloading services allow you to move games around easy enough to manage space and then 1 or 2 old big data sata's. Figure this is pretty much the standard these days. Love SSD's. Not going back, right up there with 144hz and GPU's.  

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 14, 2018, 20:31 HorrorScope

YourNick wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 00:33:
Actually if they could just remove the dead zone between pixels the screen door effect would be eliminated, which is independent of resolution.

Right, but there are a few ways you can attack it and greater resolution is one way. Dead zone always made the most sense, but it must be difficult to do.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2018, 23:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 10:52:
Is Google also going to build the graphics card required to power it?

Do you have to run native resolution? The higher rez can be used to act as great pixel density and remove screen door, no matter what the game rez is running at, the native grid would take care of that.

7633 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo