Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7641 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
22. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 7, 2018, 13:27 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 12:37:
Numinar wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 05:57:

And it's got problems. And the stuff you can buy is too expensive. And they should have cut the grind to a quarter of what it is. And the most interesting islands are crying out for a fun raid like activity. And getting people to join an in-progress game is messed up right now.

And it's amazing. It looks amazing. The weather, wave and lighting effects are through the fucking roof.

And don't spend 60 USD/100 AUD on it.

So, it's way too expensive, has tons of problems, but looks great. That's a ringing endorsement, if I ever heard one.

You could have took the high-road and said it's a game the bridges generations together. It's a game, wasn't promised to be a savior that we don't even need. Being that win Xgame, I haven't broken that seal yet, holding off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 14:46 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:03:
Looks like Trump and his court might make it so we all pay more taxes and bring about far more regulations and problems for internet sellers who don't have a physical presence in each state. Thought this was the party of low taxes and regulation? Guess only if it's a company who isn't writing unflattering stories about the child in the White House.

He's a fucking idiot. Correct, he makes a tax cut then kills all that at least for commoners with tariffs that will make products go much higher. Wants to pick winners and losers, ideas that are basically regulations. Overall an idiot. There are some points to Amazon, but he's really not the guy to right it, he'll bumble it certainly.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
9. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 14:37 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.

I would hardly measure the game industry over this one entry into the fray.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 01:28 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 00:57:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

If you're going to spend a zillion dollars making something, you aren't going to add the extra risk of doing something no ones ever heard of.

It's not like this is just a long form adaptation of the source material anyway. It's more of a spinoff.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that someone will give a World of Darkness TV series another shot some day. Kindred: The Embraced was pretty decent for its time. You could do something much much better today.

Looking forward to see if they'll do the Witcher justice.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 18:09 HorrorScope

Reviewing her history they are saying there were some signs. You mean like million's of people's spitting hate of the President online? That if one were to do something, then review their online content they could say "There were signs, they were disgruntled". Well yet another way to put millions in jail for why the fuck not.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2018, 17:51 HorrorScope

Comes back to the same fight, just different names and situations. Somehow it has to be looked at, when you are online, you are in the public, don't expect privacy. You want privacy don't go online. Privacy is in the comfort of your personal confines, not a web that spins around the globe. Oh and by the way, you signed off on allowing us to share your data in terms and conditions. Not that I say I'm supper happy with this, but I can't come up with another answer that can actually work. Stop being an asshole or the like doesn't get it done. If you share... you share, your choice.  

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 09:58 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 19:11:
Yeah, I've used it twice in the last year and finally deleted my account the other day. Told my friends they could email me if they need to get in touch, you know, like people used to. I think that's all someone needs to do now. Just make a non-scumbag FB and they could easily replace them.

There are other options out there and FB isn't the choice of a new generation, they don't want to be monitored by mom and dad, it's base is aging. But I love your old man comment "you know, like people used to", classic dad entering gpa status.

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
32. Re: 007bistromath@gmail.com Apr 3, 2018, 09:56 HorrorScope

007Bistromath wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 19:18:
This is really bad news. We need something like Steam OS as a hedge against Windows getting any worse. If people aren't adopting it...

In the case Windows had to be mass abandoned, I think Unix and these boxes have proven they could carry the torch if push came to shove. Sure there will be a period of transition, but over a few years it would be built up and prime time. I think the o/s and boxes have proved a point... they could if called upon.

News Comments > Five Free Games with Twitch Prime
3. Re: Five Free Games with Twitch Prime Apr 2, 2018, 10:41 HorrorScope

FreeGamer.com. Someone looking to creating a web site for unique gaming news. So much available now for free, wrapped up in one-site directing the users.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 1, 2018, 03:38 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 14:39:
Yeah but Myspace was a different kind of beast entirely from social media. It would be great is social media died entirely but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. At least until they label it as the danger it is and regulate it as it needs to be.

And somehow that would happen before more gun control. Every other object that takes human interaction to make it happen is on the table (games) but a gun that never shot a person itself, isn't.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 1, 2018, 03:28 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 00:45:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 22:13:
If you live in a big city you can make 120-140 a day.

Expenses are about 40-50 a day, including insurance, lease, gas.

So you get 70-90 a day, which is more than you can make with minimum wage shifts (in some places). On top of that you can do it 7 days a week. Many people on minimum wage are held at 30 hours so their employer can avoid insurance costs.

Is it a great job? Not really, its flexible but you're basically pinned in a stress position and if a day is slow you might be dropping to that $4 an hour to make ends meet. It's also kind of funny that these companies are trying to get rid of drivers with technology asap, so they're not very friendly employers.

For now though, for many many people Uber is a good option for a job

Most people aren't leasing cars, they're using their own vehicles. Add 0.50 per mile for maintenance and saving for a replacement vehicle, and now you're looking at $20-40 a day if you drive, say 100 miles.

Doesn't the IRS mileage rate of 54.5 cents per mile currently pay on avg all car expenses, like lease, insurance, maint and gas? In the first replay here they put that cost in and then you add another .50 cents on top of that. Unsure if the math is correct there. Reading an article on this it seems it will be between $7.50 and $20.00/hr after expenses depending on the part of the country you are in.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 31, 2018, 23:36 HorrorScope

Dumb ass thing is everything he accuses Amazon of he does himself. It's like he can't see his own reality and as others mentioned he tries to make one up and just live it in hopes it becomes the new norm.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 31, 2018, 11:36 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2018, 00:19:
If the car doesn't detect someone going across the street, how will it interact with people at a crosswalk? And I'm not just talking about a Stop sign Red/Yellow/Green crosswalk. We have a parking lot across the street (which has over 200+ tractor trailers on it daily) with rumble strips about 50 yards before it on both sides, and a giant flashing crosswalk sign. Sadly last year a driver wasn't paying attention and a fellow employee with hit by a fully loaded cement truck doing 40mph, and was killed.
If a self-driving car can't even do basic functions then it shouldn't be on the road period.

I've been predicting, seems like an easy call, that fully automated driverless cars are going to have a rough go as every incident will be a public hearing vs 3000 dying on the road today and no public scrutiny with those. This alone could be the highest hurdle it has.

As you ended your statement, yeah there are many times I'm at some place on the road that is whack, from design to conditions and think to myself "How in the hell would a robot car figure this one out?", it isn't all about road position and radar. There are some real places that none of that matters and you have to simply have the IQ to get what they are trying to tell you to do. Can't wait for a Punk'd version where a driverless car goes to a sporting event! Think of all the fun that would be.

I get a car that can do most of it, but then go into human mode other times, how that can easily pop back and forth is interesting to ponder to. But a driverless car, I don't get how they can do some things, in fact what I'd see is the USA doing a review of places that have to be redesigned for driverless cars to work and imo this should be on the table, even if eminent domain was needed in some places, this is important work here. We all know this will save lives and time, why have the audacity to not think road redesign is needed in some places?

Then being computers, hacking... the real end game.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
28. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 30, 2018, 15:13 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Mar 30, 2018, 03:26:
Except, the game I purchased wasn't what he promised. I can't stress how important that is.

If you go by the rules most use here, do not pre-order or buy day one. In the first few days there was plenty of release red flags. As for you didn't get what was promised? Sucker born every minute right? For some reason I wasn't a sucker here, meaning you could have not been one either. From this point, you'll never be righted here, that's fine. When and if I do buy, it will be priced more reasonably and patched up nicely. Why? Because I didn't fall for him or anyone, cause I know the game sales routine, you need to be patient a bit.

It's the same as Star Citizen, educate yourself and proceed with caution and don't spend money you can't afford to burn, this is all a luxury.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
18. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 15:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 13:46:
It's a really fun game, but if all they're doing is adding some shadows, specular maps and lighting, I wouldn't give more than five bucks for it.

And textures. Perhaps this isn't about us here, the old guys and maybe some new blood wanting to have a taste of this with some updated gfx.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Selling Like Bandits
20. Re: Sea of Thieves Selling Like Bandits Mar 29, 2018, 13:20 HorrorScope

Arithon wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 08:25:
My son bought this game last night and just getting it installed was the most annoying and ridiculous tech support job I've ever undertaken in a 30 year career in IT.
Downloading took far longer than it should have (slow connection their end) then the install failed. Repeatedly. All it said was "install failed: Error 0x80070005". the error reporting dialogue was useless as it always hung with an hourglass and gave zero information on how to resolve the problem. I had to Google the error code and after trawling through the many rage-posts about this problem, I finally found some clues to the cause.
The solution (from a 3rd party forum) was to manually delete files from a hidden user folder THEN IMMEDIATELY REBOOT (first time this failed because we didn't reboot). Then the game loaded. WTF is a commercial game store doing running like this? It's not a .99p app, it's a 50 game!!

I'm still in therapy over Games for Windows Live and directed by Dr's at this time to stay away from their store, their words "MS will fuck it up again, we all know it".

They are trying to perfect DRM to the point it is a ass pain on too many users end. Classic case of the buyer gets the pain.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
3. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 10:48 HorrorScope

Not even one before and after shot?  

News Comments > Video Game Hall of Fame Finalists
6. Re: Video Game Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 27, 2018, 23:07 HorrorScope

Yeah I would say all of them.  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2018, 19:25 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 16:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 13:21:
Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 12:17:
The only thing that's sad is that people would trust corps like FB, Google, Apple, et al. in the first place. It boggles the mind that people are that dumb and that naive.

And you trust your isp. Do you have a cell? You trust that with its positioning?

Absolutely not. The difference is I'm aware of what's going on and I work to ensure my privacy as best I can. I rarely even carry a cell. And anything I feel that remotely requires privacy online I use what services I can. I use AirVPN, Ublock, etc. etc. and I use stuff like Proton Mail for email. I have an FB account so people can get a hold of me but I'm not active on it. I check in about once every three months and that's it. I don't use websites with FB forums, likes, yada yada yada. Trust is not a strong suit of mine for anyone or anything.

So you take a lot of measures and in the end, your as known and sold as the next guy, because it is nowhere near enough and for it to be enough you'd have to simply not have any of this. It's just the world we live in, perhaps we'll get there, but our generations data is a done story.

I'm pretty boring the only thing I watch out for is improper purchases (haven't had one yet) and identity stolen (also hasn't happened), but I know they do happen and perhaps it is random if you do or don't, one thing I'm way above avg in is browser securities which without compromises systems easy enough, but that doesn't stop standard data mining, the systems we are using are tracking us. EOS.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2018, 13:21 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 12:17:
The only thing that's sad is that people would trust corps like FB, Google, Apple, et al. in the first place. It boggles the mind that people are that dumb and that naive.

And you trust your isp. Do you have a cell? You trust that with its positioning?

7641 Comments. 383 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo