Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6938 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
54. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 18:08 HorrorScope

Fell out of my chair last night watching the Warriors game on TNT. There is a series using the "We're only human after all, We're only human after all", song as part of the promo.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
21. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 21, 2017, 18:03 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 13:52:
Bragging about how your site has not been breached in 15 years is a sure way to reset the "Our site has not been breached in 00 days." counter.

LOL

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
51. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 17:44 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 13:06:
That's SO much work, though. I mean, every single conversation takes an animator like 4-5 hours to get it right. So if they have to do that for (guessing here) 5000+ conversations, there's no way EA is going to sign off on that.

(Before anyone says, yes, they SHOULD have done this to begin with. I agree that the animations are, by and large, pretty freaking awful.)

I have to admit I laughed quite loudly on the inside when this was first getting reported and then a report came out "The Devs said there won't be a zero day patch to fix this". LOL at whoever asked and thought that was a possibility. (Not that it can't be done, but a zero day patch within a week, laughed hard.)

I'll see this game a few patches in, in the $20-$30 range, doing Mad Max currently, plenty of fun and crazy situations to be in, in that game. Good animations to. lol

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
57. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 16:05 HorrorScope

loomy wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:34:
I honestly think we should expect star citizen to be like this. Fucked up but playable. Not everything can be a home run

My lowered expectations are set at it doesn't ship in a fair final form. So yours to me is a lofty goal!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
45. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 14:46 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 14:23:
Fion wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 14:14:
So all the hate, all the rage, all the bashing by people who haven't even played it is pointless. It's the 'in thing to do' and so people do it, including on here.

frankly you come across just as dismissive as you claim the "haters" are..

so i guess that makes you a "fanboy"

all the rage.. LOL, calm down buddy - get a grip

It's raging, it's showing up in places normally not that known for gaming reviews. I'm just lucky I don't live in a world that one game is critical to my gaming happiness, that said, I'll like it when I get to it, there stuff is usually pretty good fun. Story? Probably be on the better end of pc gaming than not, I still have HBO and the like for a real story.

Sounds like the series will have a new director for the next one how this one is starting out.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2017, 16:03.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 18:41 HorrorScope

It's another flavor of games, I love open world and many games do well with it and many screw it up. I like to think as we progress forward overall the quality will continue to improve. I also love other types of games as well, even linear. A well done game can happen imo in any sub genre. I agree with the thought that freedom of being able to go and do things in the order you want (generally speaking) is a quality a human mind will like. It's tinkering and freedom.  

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
49. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 18, 2017, 14:02 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 13:50:
It seems like blatant abuse of dominant market power to me. This is far more egregious than their IE bullshit of the late 90s.

It's amazing on how far away we've veered from monopolies and like practices. No one even thinks in their heart that moves like this would even be challenged anymore. The only thing MS did wrong in the 90's with IE, was to wait until 2000 to do it.

Yeah I'm not all peaches and cream, nor am I sky falling, it simply will be a feel thing for me on how it goes, but with the caveat of what hits me, not others, I can't control what they do. Articles will build up the issue and simple adjustments get you out of many of those issues, but like politics many will go "SEE! SEE! HERE!". I will have to say, I've made a fair living though supporting pc's hw/sw wise that run windows. So outside of gaming and my hobbies, windows good or bad, ms good or bad, they've made something that paid the bills well for me, for a long time now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 18, 2017, 13:19 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:13:
These SSDs are getting so crazy fast. They are way past the point where gamers see any improvement from more speed (load times etc, are now primarily limited by the actual CPU workload performed on the assets), but for more demanding workloads its just fantastic.

With the 9xx series of Samsung SSD's we have specs that are quite a bit higher and you are correct, so so game improvement, very good other improvement. But it seems we need crazy crazy fast for us to get the next big bump for games and maybe this will do it.

Typical SSD's now are not approaching 1 second game starts and level loads using something, say the Witcher. The 9xx series helps a little bit, but I do wonder what these #'s stated here bring in this case.

I'd be all up for near instantaneous starts and level loads vs something that is just a lot better than a standard HD, that many of us have today in their SSD's.

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
18. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 13:09 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:06:
not really sure if this game is worth that price but seeing as how there haven't been many good games in like a fucking year and I don't expect ME:A to be any good... gave this one a shot.

Yep we all are different, there are so many good games to me that I don't have the time to even get to them. I do agree with the $60, it's been a while since I dropped that on a game, at least we have great competition going on here vs hardware.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2017, 19:04 HorrorScope

Nimh wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:47:
It's time to turn on https.. hosted on a site without https no less.

LOL!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 17, 2017, 19:01 HorrorScope

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:37:
The moron king and his minions of idiots. If it wasn't actually happening it would be the funniest shit on tv.

It's still the funniest shit on TV.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class
3. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class Mar 17, 2017, 13:40 HorrorScope

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 12:49:
carnom wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 10:19:
Scandal!

Dragonborn are a race, not a class.

The scandal is the fact that Dragonborn, and everything else added at that time, was introduced at all. Completely destroyed Forgotten Realms as a setting, and it's never recovered.

My psychiatrist keeps telling me it is just a game... still hasn't worked, recovery continues.

Still good news for those still playing, really enjoyed it, but too me to steep of a time cost trying to get back in.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lGKMXYOG8  

News Comments > Game Reviews
32. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 17:22 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 16:31:
Yeah, Ubisoft games are getting absolutely awful with it. If as a dev you have to provide menu options for players to turn shit off, you know you're just badly overdoing it.

First good convo overall, agree with a lot, some I think is overstated, but I agree we need the options. There are too many different types of players and there are different moods at different times with the same player.

Hand holding by harder-cores is always bashed, but then sometimes I play a game that is known for no hand holding and I get bogged down on what's next and that brings in a certain negative vibe with it to. I don't want to always map but worse yet, I don't want to always wiki.

Sometimes the game is an ok game to the point I want to finish it but in a get in and get out type of sense. I don't want to extended it with a "what to do next" feeling for sure. Sometimes I got something epic and I want it to last (the rarest game) and there I don't want all the hand holding, just live it. Where I find those are more in wide open games with not a ton of story, where you are sort of making it your own narrative, but were all different, some people can't even relate to that.

Ideally is a masterfully crafted game, that can be everything without the hand holding, it all is just spot on, in its story it makes it clear where and what to do next, no confusion, just happens naturally, I'm not even sure I played that game yet.

D:OS prides itself on no quest markers, one of the top complaints by users "Not sure where to go next", looks at stats... less than 10% finished the game. What are the chances those players are going to buy your next game? Answer toggle options, as a developer don't be so damn stubborn either way on what your players want, sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't, they will lose sales because of this. Those that are hard core, mind your own 2 cents and play it with markers off. Shit I get negative replies when I suggest a toggle.

I know this, I have this back log always calling me from afar and it is telling me... "get in, get out, get next" and most games are only that good anyway, talking single player games.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 12:53 HorrorScope

" I don't want a game filled with tedious bullshit like DA:I."

To me any game of length has this tedious/repetitiveness, even beloved Witcher. So at least have fun mechanics, I felt DA:I had fun combat and good story/acting, relative to games.

All games have a limited amount of mechanics, and once that is down... then if the game goes on for another 20+ hours, yeah you get that routine. DA:I is just one of 1000's of games that have this issue. I will give DA's this, you can switch between characters and play from their perspective, so that overall is way ahead of most games made.

I played DA:I much later on and found this complaint imo over-stated in general, played fine, though I had it all down probably in first 15 hours'ish, knew my moves and still had 10's of hours left to do the same thing.

Design wise you would think you would want your customers to try out all the unique characters, but having a 50 hour playthroughs doesn't afford many to do that.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2017, 13:13.

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
10. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 01:29 HorrorScope

What console players have been begging for...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
71. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 14, 2017, 15:25 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 11:20:
My apologies to anyone who thinks I was acting "like a dick" to them over this mistake. It was certainly never my intention.

I know right? While I'm fine with being corrected, one could also say the person that tried to correct me blew a JFC conniption valve a little to easily over something so little as if I was rude to the King of France. Funny what becomes and issue here sometimes. lol

67. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 14, 2017, 11:19 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 05:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:09:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 18:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:53:
where is that key on the keyboard? if it was there i would have used it..
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Dipshit links:

http://tinyurl.com/z3d2pb7
http://tinyurl.com/jeujtdj

You are doubling down. Never double down when you are wrong. It makes you look like a dick, in addition to being doubly wrong. Harlock has a point, if you are going to use foreign words, at least make sure of getting the transliterations right. I had no idea what you were on about until he corrected you.

*sniped by several people, serves me right for not reading the thread through*

I wasn't doubling down per se, I wasn't aware of it. I did mention in further down when I got it. I didn't know it was a foreign word.

62. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 22:29 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:53:
descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:38:
I'm letting you know that you are 100% wrong. They are literally not saying that in those movies. They are using a real word that has a real definition. It doesn't matter how they (incorrectly) pronounce it or how you are (incorrectly) hearing it. There are still R's in words in Boston, they just don't say them. They don't change the spelling and make up new words.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voila

You need to give this one up...

Fair enough, I didn't know how to spell what I was hearing from a different language. It totally comes off as walla to my ears, now I know more of the origin, but it has been said throughout my life. I still used it correctly from the start, just mistyped it from not knowing the spelling of it, yeah no Spelling Bee trophies over here.

I'm happy you came around. It was kind of funny seeing you double, triple, and quadruple down on it.

Whatever, this is a particularly funny one, but we all have something we say wrong without knowing. My parents will forever call it expresso, to use an example others already have.

I wasn't aware, I thought it just a silly word they use like alacazam. We have Americanized in that way it seems to me vs how it did have a more accent in it when I first heard it so long ago. Hey, I'm up for learning and understanding.

60. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 20:53 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:38:
I'm letting you know that you are 100% wrong. They are literally not saying that in those movies. They are using a real word that has a real definition. It doesn't matter how they (incorrectly) pronounce it or how you are (incorrectly) hearing it. There are still R's in words in Boston, they just don't say them. They don't change the spelling and make up new words.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voila

You need to give this one up...

Fair enough, I didn't know how to spell what I was hearing from a different language. It totally comes off as walla to my ears, now I know more of the origin, but it has been said throughout my life. I still used it correctly from the start, just mistyped it from not knowing the spelling of it, yeah no Spelling Bee trophies over here.

6938 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo