Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7154 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 14:58 HorrorScope

MajorD you just need to break down those barriers you put up.

If it makes it better, think of it as a competition and at that time things work better in our heads. All the same otherwise, tripping up on a word.

I know when I played games at a competitive level locally, things got mighty intense. More like a race driver feel than a football one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 13:27 HorrorScope

Their is physicalness in it, depends on the scale you use. Skill, certainly at that level. It is competition by who we know are the best at something in the world. AKA they'd cream you if you challenged them.

I was on a station and later in the background it broke into e-sports on tv. I kept a little track of it, it wasn't bad at all. Not saying it will be something I'd follow, but it wasn't something terribad. I mean we've all seen some of the things on the tube right?

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details
8. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 15:38 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 14:52:
No one is complaining about free content, they're complaining about unoptimized games with tons of bugs. All you do is compound problems with the ARK model of development. You should always be fixing first and adding content second, mot the other way around. That way any new issues that crop up after new content is added you know is related to that new content and it's much easier to chase down and fix.

Well they are doing both and that is common and not everyone can fix parts at the same time. You know this.

5. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 13:39 HorrorScope

Yeah the complaints here seem misplaced. They are adding an expansion which is map enlargement with a new region and overall game play improvements.

In this case they use the word "expansion" and some go a little off the wall hearing that. But many other EA games have added land mass as they gone along. In their case it was just an update and no eyes raised.

Johnny, sit down I have a single word to tell you.
Ok, What?
Expansion!
NOOOOOO!!!!! I was not ready for that, at all!

Hey, one more word since it's up in the cold north...
Shrinkage?

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2017, 13:51.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 3, 2017, 12:41 HorrorScope

Yep we look at big fancy take over of mankind with AI. Devious people, call them blackmarketeers are going to jump on AI before that takeover and wreck havoc, perhaps even to the point we can't get to the takeover step in the process. Because they always do, unstoppable tools for them will be like NEO is to the Matrix. We'll all be forced offline due to doomed inter-connectivity.

Maybe.

2. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

The blurb talks about the overall game improvements as well, as well as 28 updates to date. Not that I have it, I'll wait for release to judge.  

News Comments > Tacoma Released
3. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:58 HorrorScope

I'll take it that isn't a sale for you then.

I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen. Something about they want to make the game they want to. Millennials...

I was wondering if they took the sandwich into space?

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
29. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 22:55 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 17:45:
@Tipsy: Well, I think you would benefit more from a GTX 10 series upgrade than anything else since nVidia has that projection tech (SMP) in Pascal cards that the 980Ti does not have so VR gets a real nice boost.
A GTX 1080 or 1080Ti would be ideal to make a tangible difference because outside of VR the 980Ti and the 1070 are too close together in terms of performance.
The problem, of course, is that you can not buy a graphics card at the moment because of the stupid mining craze .

Are games taking advantage of this feature now?

I've been using my sons i5/1060, things have been running real well.

I'm in the middle now of setting up the second unit, download taking a couple hours for 1.x gig from Oculus, and it isn't on my end. SLOOOOOWWWW... I have a i7/1070, so we'll see if there is a noticeable difference in performance. Overall been impressed with the performance I've seen on my sons.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
17. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 22:47 HorrorScope

Avus wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 21:55:
Just wondering.. how many version of Alpha until Beta??

7 Days to Die, 1/100th the ambition is at 16 and counting.

Doesn't know when to say when? Creep. Creep. Creep?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 11:09 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 21:34:
How on earth is it a noble job, or even necessary?

I just wanted to answer to state this doesn't deserve an answer.

The left siding Cutter just went on a whim, as far right as you can with this one.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2017, 16:04 HorrorScope

The cameras can be on even when pissing, that would just be edited out for any public consumption, pun. Since cities and taxpayers lose millions in settlements and that damages local budgets when cops go well across the line, yeah cameras are part of the job now. It does suck, but your peers have made it so. All part of your choice on wanting the job or not.

But we'll have the Right simply defending cops to the nth degree, because it is a noble service they provide, it is, but you can't turn a blind eye, noble means they are noble in their actions as well, just not noble taking the job to begin with.

Those same people have no problem thinking any other countries cops are bad. But us... none whatsoever, we somehow just got all the good cops! Statistical articles are now showing it is a lot more than just some "bad apples" to. History also shows over and over how the decline in policing has led to a decline of their civilization, it is a position to easily be corrupt in, so you have to be cognizant with the lure of corruption all the same.

It is a noble job, but it isn't above scrutiny and justice if it is being abused. They are to be held at a higher standard based on the powers we have granted them. They know that going in. But mobs come in all shapes and sizes, get a police chief with their own agenda, they'll hire people to fit that agenda. That happens.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 13:29 HorrorScope

Hmmm... stream sniping... sounds like a new game play mode that is fresh! Thanks for the idear.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer Jul 29, 2017, 12:08 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 20:00:
Poor Tolkein must be spinning in his grave right about now, 'What in god's name are they doing to my work?!'

Of all your thoughts, this maybe the craziest. You think Tolkein is somehow alive in his grave and is getting a signal of whats going on in the world. partial /s

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
5. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 21:42 HorrorScope

Whatever he thinks it will be... it isn't all encompassing. We have an abundance of devs out there to make all mediums flourish. If EA went full on stream, so what. If you don't like it, don't buy their stuff, many already are adhering to that. We still have 1000's of other choices. So EA go ahead and do whatever you think you should, it is your biz and I have all the options I need.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2017, 21:03 HorrorScope

Over a million Russian bots are no longer active.  

News Comments > Aliens In The Yard Released
3. Re: Aliens In The Yard Released Jul 27, 2017, 21:02 HorrorScope

I was going to say, hard to believe aliens came all this way to get beaten down by fireworks. But they've already been taken down by water once.

Yes this looks craptastic, overall VR not gimmick.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
13. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 23:05 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:52:
OK, MS, lets see you remaster Dungeon Siege and make it compatible with Win 10. Whats that you say? yea thats what I though!

Darks, you still doing any modding?

Larian is looking for accomplished modders to send to their studio overseas to test out their new editor for DOS2, to get feedback from those that have done it...

News Comments > KryptCrawler Released
7. Re: KryptCrawler Released Jul 26, 2017, 19:54 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 15:55:
Those complaining about the graphics have clearly not played anything in VR. Your brain buys in, whole-hog, no matter how it looks.

This. VR gives you a 360 3D world and that is something a flat screen can't give you and if you don't think that is much, you are wrong. So if technically we take a step back in gfx fidelity a bit for devs and hw to catch up, what it gives in return is way more than you lost. Everything I've touched the gfx quality isn't even a consideration. The affect completely outweighs things like "look at that muddy texture".

The only people I'd say that wouldn't like this are people with possible eye problems, a head the size of a watermelon, an old poop that you've become and don't even know it, people against games, people against people in VR worlds. Otherwise, if nothing else it is a totally different option in your gaming belt to the likes we never seen before. It is as fresh as the first console, 3DFX & mouse-look, that fresh, everything I was hoping for.

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 23:51 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 23:37:
Oh dear lord Horrorscope, have you not downloaded The Lab on Steam yet? Grab it and RecRoom. Both are free. The Lab has visuals that make you wonder WTF all these other devs are doing, as it's not only super detailed, but runs like a champ. Lots of little games in it.

RecRoom is THE multiplayer game for VR, don't let the cartooney look drive you away.

Just getting started and sharing it with Junior which means I'm the secondary user. May need to get a 2nd.

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
13. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 23:00 HorrorScope

Shineyguy wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 22:40:
You need to adjust the headset properly. The weight of the unit should be on the top strap on top of your head.

Make sure that the "triangle" formed by the straps straddles over the point in the back of your head; the bottom of the side straps should sit near the base of your skull where it meets your neck. That should take the pressure off your face.

Thanks for the tip.

7154 Comments. 358 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo