Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6193 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
38. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 18:38 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 18:04:
I've grabbed about 7 games so far but ironically seems the only places having Flash sales now, are the key sites.

Odd note, can't believe how much Dungeon Lords has been getting patched on Steam. Three times, in 6 months it's more than 11 years of the game! Zombie

Even mentioning the name adds a year in hell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2016, 16:27 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:24:
Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:10:
Ads would very likely kill Netflix for me. If they do that I might as well go back to just watching TV.

I agree. A few buck more a month is nothing compared to the constant interruptions.

And I think they know that. Or at least I hope they do.

Right, the dilemma is they know if they could show commercials they can make more than just a few bucks more per. I'd say if they do something like this, sell the stock and then buy it again once the revert back after the crash. Ya know... like last time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 22, 2016, 00:12 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 23:49:
Milo? Eh... no.)

Greatly overstating what your product will do to impress people today, in hearts know there is no way. But still do it!

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2016, 23:26 HorrorScope

It was Milo all over again. You can't just put on glasses and then just look at furniture and a game just somehow makes it self work on your layout. MS just can't be straight with people. They are starting to approach worst company in America.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 21, 2016, 10:20 HorrorScope

Interesting benches, games at max it seems the new generation is targeted for 1440p. Would be interesting to see what frames would be if you took off the top couple biggest frame eaters for each game to see if 4k is reasonable for most games then.  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2016, 23:12 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 22:33:
"Apparently announcing a new model for next year not so great for this year." ... only Nintendo can get away with doing that.

I wonder if that is why they started talking you must have 4k for scorpio to be worth it. To make that feel more exclusive and expensive and the slim more viable for many.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 20, 2016, 14:16 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:51:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:29:
Fully automated cars can't come soon enough. Would pay anything to get an extra hour or sleep while driving too and from work.
If the technology is already here to fly an Airbus A380 crammed with 853 lives sans pilot, Driving to walmart while you play candy crush or count sheep ain't nothing.
Crash-less cars are coming, now if they could only hand wax themselves.

Weather, pot holes, real traffic, the friendly skies are more predictable. But not saying impossible, they are basically pixilizing the world, I just don't understand how they think we can be alert if there is an anomaly that should be very rare. We won't be alert, we'll be human.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 12:50 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 10:02:
Who would be liable for damage or injury then if the auto car is at fault? Or two auto cars colliding?

I think will be with assisted driving for quite a while and really that is a great first step forward, it handles those terribly timed mistakes what can happen to anyone.

They've been talking about fully automated cars but the driver would still be responsible for anything it can't handle. The issue is imo say 99.99% of the time the car can handle the duties by itself, like how in thee hell they expect the driver to keep focus for that .01% to occur? We'll be focused elsewhere.

But when/if we get there then insurance will be quite different that it is today. If we get fully there, it maybe a public trans type of thing as well vs owning. IMO still a long way off to where the general public really has access to totally automated cars.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 20, 2016, 10:54 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 09:50:
Jesus, just scroll down on that KTLA website. Every page you go to links to a dozen more stories of rape and mass-murder. Wtf is going on down there?

We don't have a gun problem here, everyone is responsible with their equipment.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 19, 2016, 15:06 HorrorScope

I'll I know is wave cable had an offer that I could go from 110mbps to 250 mpbs for no additional cost. I do have a 1TB cap and it isn't cheap. But life is pretty good at 250 mpbs, had to upgrade a couple switches to handle gigabit.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
30. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 19, 2016, 11:33 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 21:04:
Dacron wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:52:
If true... MS acquisition forthcoming.

The one thing that could kill steam.

Why would Valve EVER sell its main source of infinite income though?

Why would Linkdin? Skype? Because it's worth billions. So ok I mean it's possible they are on the up and up, but we also know with MS there is always something more to it and not usually all that good for us overall.

So now they are all Steam is great yada yada out of the complete blue, it's very profitable, they buy shit up. I don't think it's out of the realm, by them buying Steam they own the main PC Gaming Store, they now own a VR device and they own the HL2 franchise. One of MS biggest PC blunders ever was not making the first and best digital distribution platform. They should have ruled long ago with that.

I'm not saying this will happen, but if they are head over heals for Steam all of a sudden... maybe it's because of something else on the horizon.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
13. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 13:52 HorrorScope

If true... MS acquisition forthcoming.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
15. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 12:14 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:03:
Anybody that wanted to play Destiny, most likely already did on the consoles.
I don't see the point of releasing this game on the PC years after it's initial release.
Just keep your pocket change Bungie and erect a few more DLC instead of half assed pc port. It will probably be more profitable

Isn't there always new content and plans in the future for lots more? Sometimes being late to the party in a game like that is better off. Not that I'm holding my breath or really care all that much, but if they do, fine, I'll take a look then.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 17, 2016, 10:59 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 07:00:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 00:17:
PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 22:33:
Ummmm you've been able to use your own modem with Time Warner for, like, ever. Don't know why you think a STB would be a stretch... especially after how successful a little STB named TiVo was.

Exactly. One cable provider in my area wants $11 friggin dollars a box. So in the 70's I could have 5 tv sets playing no additional cost. That would be an extra $55 a month.

You have absolutely no idea how many times people who own their own modem want me to hand them a new one when theirs gets hit by lightning or the wifi stops working. And years ago, I remember dealing with customers about their two-cablecard-tivos, and the massive clusterfuck that was. But hey, let's ignore that and pretend the TiVo thing didn't happen, and that the customer-owned-modem thing doesn't still happen at least once a week.

Actually I do, different HW in a different industry though. You just have to let them know that this is their HW and not yours. Yes some don't like that answer. Things you deal with in life. Followed up with, we'll gladly send out a Tech (cost) and supply you with our own Box (cost per month). Decide.

In my personal case, we have both theirs and our HW options, we are working toward getting out of HW completely, but there are some issues, some like the convenience and don't care about the cost. In the case of TV Boxes, it seems the option of provider owned HW will remain. So really they would be serving a wider audience offering both. We don't make a profit at all with offering HW, Cable Co's have raised the prices so high that it became a profit center and now it would be giving up revenue, oh well.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2016, 11:05.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
9. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 10:43 HorrorScope

If and when, at least it may have enough content at that point.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 17, 2016, 00:42 HorrorScope

First walk the walk on that. If they do... and the praise they are giving them... I wonder if MS is ready to drop many billions in buying steam.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 17, 2016, 00:17 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 22:33:
Ummmm you've been able to use your own modem with Time Warner for, like, ever. Don't know why you think a STB would be a stretch... especially after how successful a little STB named TiVo was.

Exactly. One cable provider in my area wants $11 friggin dollars a box. So in the 70's I could have 5 tv sets playing no additional cost. That would be an extra $55 a month.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jun 16, 2016, 18:37 HorrorScope

Now is time to play the definitive version of W3. We all knew that last huge patch/dlc would come with its own new set of bugs. There still be more, but I bet it is in a really good place currently.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2016, 18:35 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:27:
I have a feeling 4k games would be locked at 30 FPS, and those same games would be locked at 30 FPS on the original consoles at 1080p or lower.

If a game came out that allowed for 60 fps on the Scorpio (at 1080p) or 30 on the original, and it was a competitive shooter, people would lose their shit.

You could be right, but imo that is stupid thinking on their behalf. There is more competitive gaming on the PC and some have higher frames than others. We'll see which way PS4.5 goes. It just seems odd we'll give you more power but we'll reign it in as well, you can just run a higher rez. That is MS though...

6193 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo