Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6128 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 27, 2016, 11:34 HorrorScope

Yep give me speed because total security is a lie. We have some, but if someone really wants it. We know exactly what happens.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
47. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 02:19 HorrorScope

Rigs your wall of text... well the good news is that game can generate a wall of text where No Mans???  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 26, 2016, 22:12 HorrorScope

"But as someone who does the technology for video games, somebody doubling my GPU and adding 30% CPU is brilliant. I'd love that every two years. I'd love it every six months, if possible. All I want is the most powerful hardware that I can get my hands on,Ē added the CTO."

He's right and the market will show it, keep everything 100% compatible and imo consoles have taken a positive step forward. Truly embrace k/m as a legit option in games it is good for and I'd be happy supporting consoles again.

38. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 18:20 HorrorScope

I don't think you necessarily need to have a story, but if you don't you better bring crafting, survival and building with you. No Man's, I saw flying from one plant to another, pretty much see the sites and name them if you are first, rinse and repeat. Empyrion does a helluva a lot more than that now, as do most survival games. So if they add crafting, conflict/survival, building/transformation... then the story becomes a nice to have option. This game got a lot of pub, but unless something has changed a lot of other games have lapped them overall in terms of sandbox fun.  

36. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 17:52 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:43:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:53:
What's peoples thoughts on Empyrion? It seems to be an epic scale with a lot more to do, from travel to planets all the way down to fighting in dungeon levels on each, crafting, survival, etc. A game that gets no pub vs another game that for some reason just gets all the pub, hasn't released, hasn't shown a lot to do.

I played Empyrion several months ago with a friend and we got bored really fast because we didn't see anything worth doing. You have no motivation to do things and surviving is really easy. It felt like an empty world with no direction and nothing pushing you to explore. So, basically, it seems to have the faults that people plant on No Man's Sky. BUT, that was months ago, maybe it's better now? We were expecting a space 7 days to die and that's not what we got.

I been watching my son play it the last few days and it looks better than what you make it sounded like months ago. I'm also big on 7 Days to, waiting for it to finish up. This late June console release, we'll have to see what that all means to the 7 Day franchise.

11. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 12:35 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on May 26, 2016, 11:49:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:53:
What's peoples thoughts on Empyrion? It seems to be an epic scale with a lot more to do, from travel to planets all the way down to fighting in dungeon levels on each, crafting, survival, etc. A game that gets no pub vs another game that for some reason just gets all the pub, hasn't released, hasn't shown a lot to do.

It gets no publicity because Early Access survive-n-build games are ALL still in Early Access, no matter how long they've been around. Show me ONE that's made it to a "full release". I'm done buying games that aren't even halfway through development, only for the dev to decide they made their money from me already so why bother doing any more work.

I get that, but No Man isn't done yet either, but the point I'm making is there is so much more to do in Empyrion and is on the same planetary level No Man is pimping, not as huge galactically, but lets face that, that is more of an instance/resource trick on their end vs fun game play. You can discover billions of systems to me means yeah we say it's MP, but we want to keep you much more segregated in reality, but shhhh you're not supposed to notice that.

But with Empyrion once on planet there is like 100x more to do, if not infinity! I guess what I'm saying is that game seems much more promising in terms of fun.

News Comments > Funcom Rebounds
4. Re: Funcom Rebounds May 26, 2016, 11:00 HorrorScope

"Going forward, Funcom is focusing on developing both smaller and larger scale games simultaneously in both Oslo and North Carolina, and aims to experiment with new ideas, technologies, and business models on the smaller projects that will serve to benefit the larger projects."

So you'll be focusing on everything in hopes you find something that sells. Laser focus. The Survival Conan games sounds ok, but it is very late to the survival party. They need to focus on being at the forefront and not getting to a genre late, that tons of indies have seen well ahead of them and took advantage of.

Game competition is at its height right now do to release volume and quality. Now just a solid idea and good execution doesn't guarantee success. For most of gaming's lifetime, that was all you needed to ensure reasonable success. They are late.

5. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 25, 2016, 23:12 HorrorScope

I have Wave over the past few months they just decided to cap my plan 100 mps at 300 gig. I was doing about 600 gig. Checked out their plans, it was cheaper to go with their 110 mps 1 TB plan than pay the penalty. They were charging $5 per 25 gigs extra. We're running out of Internets!  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 25, 2016, 23:11 HorrorScope

Double Post.  

News Comments > Spellforce 3 Details
11. Re: Spellforce 3 Details May 25, 2016, 23:08 HorrorScope

Lot of surprising love for this series. As said, I like 1 better and they were decent for their time when released. But in today's market... they better be bringing a lot more.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 25, 2016, 23:06 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on May 25, 2016, 22:36:
Foxcon will need to install stronger nets.

This place needs a like button.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 22:31 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2016, 11:07:
Holy crap you're spending a lot of time and money for VR. Again, this is just another reason I see it failing yet again. And we don't even have any idea if there will be any long term repercussions from it. It may end up like The Jerk where you end up going cross-eyed or develop seizures or something.

You are going to come up with any thing you can on why it will suck. Is it amazing that a Web Owner of a site that has over 1 billion visits that focuses on PC gaming, that was built on the invent of 3d gaming that they would indeed see if lightning strikes twice with VR? I think for Blue it is a must to see what it's like, this is his biz.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2016, 22:29 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on May 24, 2016, 10:42:
To be honest, even if Facebook were not a giant asshole company building some absurd walled garden, this one issue is why I will go for 2nd gen VR made by the competition,

I'm wondering if Gen 2 will be out before the backlog is fulfilled. Yeah contacts have come a long way but have been quite good for some time now. I'd aim for disposable 24/7 contacts, those should be the most comfortable and convenient.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2016, 16:09 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on May 23, 2016, 13:50:
People are voltage-modding these things, too... 10% is just what you can expect by taking the laziest, safest route possible.

I'm going with zero OC as the laziest and safest and chances are the path I'm taking. The numbers these put out stock are good enough for me and I'm into low power/heat/longevity.

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
7. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 22, 2016, 11:19 HorrorScope

The only news worthy piece Lego's can do for me is state that this game has online co-op. You'd think with the crazy money they've made on this series that they could put a little extra in it for online and then all following games will have it to.  

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
16. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 22, 2016, 11:13 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on May 21, 2016, 18:06:
I've played this game before, it was called Borderlands 1 and 2 and 1/2. While the humor is good there was nothing compelling at all that makes me want to play it like Overwatch.

What's compelling about Overwatch?

14. Re: Morning Metaverse May 20, 2016, 14:42 HorrorScope

It's it shocking that men get all emotional and pissed and give things overly crappy ratings if the can find a single chink in ones armor? It's pretty much the status quo here often and what do we see in games over at metacritic? "If you ain't a 10 you're a 1". Because I want my vote to weigh as much as it possibly can! Damn it!

Emotionally stable people? Perhaps not. Whinny ass bitches? Possibly so. If it's SJW or not, we are guilty petty asses either way.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2016, 17:09.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
33. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 20, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

This looks pretty good to me, price will be what we can or will afford for this. If it's too high, then add time. Same ole.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 19, 2016, 19:30 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 19, 2016, 17:52:
See, this is why videos of VR never have the wow factor that many advocates seem to think they do. It doesn't look immersive, it feels immersive in a way that you have to experience. The sense of physical space and distance isn't there in videos.

Right if people aren't able to use a little imagination. But only a little, it seems fairly apparent much finer positioning in cover and the like is attainable. Both would still have their place and probably mixing the two vs one another isn't the best of ideas.

6128 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo