Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7636 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews May 12, 2018, 12:32 HorrorScope

If the AAA's can't figure out the economic the rest will. Instead of 3 hours for $30, there are plenty of 10-15 hours for $10, with unique ideas and art.

As for...
"besides, you simply can't monetise single-player games as effectively as a big, social, multiplayer experience. Right?"

Like Fortnite is FTP and I'm sure many people haven't spent $60 on the game. More like you can't monetize sp games to match what whales will spend in multiplayer games", to me that makes it much more clear on the reality. What's stupid is some of these games are easily topping 5 million copies and we then hear they didn't meet expectations. They really need to get their management under control.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
10. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 12, 2018, 12:27 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on May 12, 2018, 02:09:
It's not some huge mystery...
It's the genre that's popular. 100 players on a large map single server where there's only 1 winner.
It's stuff kids dreamed about in the late 90s and 2000s when we were stuck in relatively low population arena shooters.

Right, I don't play them now, but I totally get the draw. This is perfect for the quick fix, adrenaline feeling.

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
1. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 11, 2018, 17:44 HorrorScope

That is when a product is rolling, just say it and let it lay.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches May 10, 2018, 21:47 HorrorScope

"Over the last few months, we’ve made over 300 fixes and features throughout the 2.5 Infinity Engine updates."

Shits like Windows Security, every month more fixes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2018, 13:02:
They already make money through partnerships. They made over half a billion dollars last year alone. So they're not doing stuff for "free". If it's a real issue, and it's not, why not allow people to buy the browser? Charge people something nominal like $5 a year for patches/updates. Problem solved that doesn't involve advertising.

They made 100 million on 500 million revenue, they make most of their money by using selling the default search usually between 325-450 million per year. They moved back to Google and that agreement hasn't been released to the public yet. They also have over 1000 employees. Perhaps they simply feel they need or want more revenue, perhaps they see selling the default browser as something may shrink in revenue over the next several years and are working on another revenue stream. I really can't say specifically since I'm not n their board, the main thing is this can be thwarted and is in a very specific spot.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2018, 12:58 HorrorScope

YourNick wrote on May 7, 2018, 12:47:
Why not go 200+ deg FOV like some other HMDs have.

Cause reasons.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2018, 12:58 HorrorScope

Hey when you geniuses figure out how to serve the world for free, let the rest of us know.

Now a couple things, it is only in certain places that you easily could never use like the pocket home page. Oh yah there is an opt out as well. I'm sure if it flooded into other locations mysteriously, there will be definitions in Ublock to download.

But really I'm more interested in how to serve the world for free.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
14. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 6, 2018, 12:33 HorrorScope

That is extremely sad, stopped a little ways in.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
17. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 12:08 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2018, 02:59:
One thing came to my mind: Of course, nvidia might fall into the same trap that intel fell into. intel did not work enough on innovating its cpus because of lack of competition. When AMD presented Ryzen, intel was still ruling but the competition was suddenly there and intel is now having problems stepping up its game because they had become lazy. This is why nvidia should not be happy with tiny steps forward if a great leap is possible. AMD might present a competitive gpu in the next few years and then nvidia should either be already a (big) step ahead or should have at least a silver bullet hidden in the lab to immediately answer a threat.

You know that would be a cool story if true. Nvidia has been delivering performance unlike the cpu segment where amd has currently, but just to catch up overall. If nviidia was just giving us a plus 5 percent every gen then I’d agree with you. Sometimes they do have a low refresh gen, but some gens like the 10x0 series are landmarks.

About drivers... not struggling repeatedly with anyone’s. Not saying they are perfect, but not a tragedy by any measure. Like the some 1060 models post, some love to project the issue as something much greater.

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
16. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 12:02 HorrorScope

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 4, 2018, 23:30:
I couldn't believe the apologists that came out last time I criticized this program. Nvidia is not a good steward to PC gaming.

Lol they aren’t good. No, we’ve just thrived with them the past 10+ years. They are a big Corp that does big Corp things, news at 11.

As for the program, I guess the partners and market have spoken for now.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2018, 19:58 HorrorScope

Bard wrote on May 4, 2018, 15:18:
I have had SO MANY client machines have their edge browser hijacked it got to the point where we removed the shortcut to edge from the taskbar and replaced it with internet explorer.

It has the main addons that block the shit but most companies don’t default addons. I have no idea why. But they stress security overall. Bad math.

Edge is very fast, the latest Firefox really caught back up.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration
12. Re: NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration Apr 29, 2018, 13:45 HorrorScope

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 20:19:
BOObies got smaller over the years.

And when they take the sex appeal away in that manner, why does it always have to result in a brunette? Why no cute flat chested blonde every so often?

Hopefully they'll still have a tight fit ass, the view we really see anyway. Or are flat asses coming to?

Horrorscope asking the tough questions of our time.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
56. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 29, 2018, 11:53 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 23:40:

Why do people with guns in their homes commit suicide more often than people without? Why are people with guns in their homes more likely to die of gun violence? Doesn't sound like they do a very good job of protecting people on average.

Yep, these are counters I use often. Domestic violence is the #1 violent crime police offices report on in the country. Everyone thinks it won't be them, but for every person that thinks someone is going to invade their home and do bad things to them, there is many many more times domestic violence cases. In more cases the problem is in the mirror. This is always ignored the same as eye witness accounts to gun tragedies, we've seen ardent gun advocates totally change their stance when put in the middle of gun violence, the rest of our self-centered selves can't learn a lesson from others it seems or at the very least not even ponder such things.

55. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 29, 2018, 11:48 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 14:54:

Are you guys still being political on a video game news site? It's very unbecoming. All of you should stop. Let's talk about things that matter like how fast Radical Heights fell off people's radar and is below Maple Story on Twitch, and why World of Warcraft is #4 on Twitch.

Yes, I'll do the fuck I want to until Blue's contacts me. We've always talked politics here and in general we don't have forum meltdowns like many other places do. This is definitely a political topic as well, unless you can't make the conenction on what is being said.

48. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 11:55 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 14:22:
The entire Russian thing is complete and utter BULLSHIT.

How can you trust a liar? We have Trump caught in lies over and over, but somehow you can look past them and trust him on this one. I bet if there were people close to you that lied to you 1/10th he has, you'd disown them. So why the double standard? Imo you have put your vision of how the world should work into Trump, it's a false hope.

As for Hillary etc, who's she? She running something? She lost, she's not the topic. Do both sides have bad people? Yes. Does that mean we allow illegal activities to go on and give up? What do they call what you are doing? Gaslighing? If you disagree with almost all of what I wrote, then my theory that we all live and move within different dimensions constantly is checking out. I'm still having a hard time figuring how 1/2 the US hears one thing and the other 1/2 the complete opposite and both think they are for Avg Joe, freedom and justice.

7. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 14:17 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 14:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 13:56:
Nullity wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 12:47:
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

I think I'll coin this, "Nullity's law".

F'in Truth. Fake News is the new "This shit is real folks!".

This stuff is even bleeding into video games. There was an article yesterday about Cohen's history with the Russian mafia. It seems that is what this is really about. And guess what? That is what can happen when you have a free society and free boarders. People here or there can come in and if they get the vote they get the power.

But if day break can't admit it, then it isn't all above board. This could easily be "yeah it's unfortunate, this is happening because of X, we don't agree with these sanctions, but it is our reality." they shouldn't have to hide from who their owners are, well unless...

I think what the Mueller investigation is revealing is that there is a shitload of white collar crime out there that is going un-investigated and unprosecuted.

At the same time, the justice system is catching the Golden State Killer, as well as the solving the Laura Bible cold case.

LOL to your last sentence in how you reference it. But right, this trail will go on forever, so is this a never ending investigation? Will we wake up to a world wide raid on 100's or even 1000's? But yep fits the Conservative platform, we don't want any rules, we want to run roughshod over anything, unquestioned, the victim is justice and human rights. They want to be like China, move labor around at will and have no legal repercussions on anything. Yes very ideal for the 1%, very.

4. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 13:56 HorrorScope

Nullity wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 12:47:
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

I think I'll coin this, "Nullity's law".

F'in Truth. Fake News is the new "This shit is real folks!".

This stuff is even bleeding into video games. There was an article yesterday about Cohen's history with the Russian mafia. It seems that is what this is really about. And guess what? That is what can happen when you have a free society and free boarders. People here or there can come in and if they get the vote they get the power.

But if day break can't admit it, then it isn't all above board. This could easily be "yeah it's unfortunate, this is happening because of X, we don't agree with these sanctions, but it is our reality." they shouldn't have to hide from who their owners are, well unless...

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow
7. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow Apr 24, 2018, 15:59 HorrorScope

It's the same online gameing BS, too god damn tight with the numbers. I get the PvP part of the game, but let the f'in PvE game breathe. This game should play like a Borderlands or a 3D Diablo. Give me the loots, give me options, I don't care if the guy next to me on my team is doing more damage because of the loot drops. In time I'll get mine. Playing a damn spreadsheet again and how they handle loot it's like they check what you have and then drop in that area, usually a couple more points forward, they do that forever. Way too generic. Also a huge ass world which is mostly void of things to do it in. The loot/tokens are so ho hum, even venturing outside the quest lines, if you do find one, snooze .

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2018, 18:45.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2018, 15:49 HorrorScope

Sounds like a good punk'd episode incoming.

Open trunk... Surprise!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 22, 2018, 17:57 HorrorScope

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:33:
Yes folks... PUBG wins once again...

And even more amazing, Fortnite is the bigger game now. It don't need no stinkin Steam.

7636 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo