Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6031 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:29 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:18:
"My wife is leaving and my life is falling apart, but that's totally fine because I get to make video games for a living!!"

Yeah pretty odd to think someone would plan a career like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 18:28 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 17:41:
Not everyone has the ability or the opportunity to go indie. And most that DO go indie essentially starve, since they can't make any money.

Yeah not all that long ago if you made a good game you could expect a good chance at making some dough. Now with the saturation it's has a bit of luck in it now that you picked the right genra, did it well and just enough of the right people bought it and loved it to spread the gospel. There are tons of good games and that isn't enough now.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 15:58 HorrorScope

I agree with this on avg:

"Anybody good enough to get hired to write games can get paid more to work on something else."

Now working 80 hours on your passion is fine to if you are single or your wife doesn't like to see you around.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2016, 12:39 HorrorScope

Bastiat's Ghost wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 17:05:
TheEmissary wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 14:16:
I can't understand at all why VR headsets get a free pass for vendor lock-in and walled ecosystem. This really makes me not want to buy a Oculus at all.

You shouldn't.

I'm getting a Vive just to give a middle finger to Fuckerberg. It's becoming incredibly obvious who supports open and honest systems and who wants a locked down, closed platform that they completely control.

Do research on anything you buy and support open platforms whenever possible. We have seen what happens (Windows 10 spyware) when people don't.

Yeah it's going to be Vive for me to once they are more readily available in store after personal demo. Open platform is a biggy and well it has the rest of the trimmings to.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 16, 2016, 11:20 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Apr 16, 2016, 09:33:
That's great news, I'll have to tell my eyeballs that they can't actually see those phone screens the next time I'm watching a movie.

You won't need to, look at the screen. You can't see the laps in front of you.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 15, 2016, 22:10 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 22:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 14:15:
I don't get how others even notice other people texting, it's silent and the light is inconsequential.
But it's not. Lots of people leave the "beep at every letter pressed on keyboard" option on. And lots of people leave cellphone background set to maximum to see it during the day, without thinking about battery usage.

That is a problem, I would only assume silent texting.

As for screen brightness, I've actually tested it because it came up before here or somewhere else and I wanted to see. It is inconsequential.

Are people really struggling with this often? I go a 1/2 dozen times a year and haven't had one issue. That said I don't go see the hot movie Fri/Sat night, those are mad-houses for a lot of reasons beyond a phone. Luckiest man alive, blessed with a strong pc to. In fact it is so good, that I frequent this site to see what a boot screen looks like:

Watch Me Reboot

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 15, 2016, 15:02 HorrorScope

Is VR getting a free pass? If so, the precedent is there for new hardware genres of the past. It takes time to settle.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 15, 2016, 14:15 HorrorScope

I don't get how others even notice other people texting, it's silent and the light is inconsequential. Seems like angry transit guy while others talk on their phones, they stew. Focus on your life.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: The brain on LSD revealed Apr 15, 2016, 13:02 HorrorScope

BobBob wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:39:
Took it when I was a teenager. It is like living a combination of a dream and nightmare. There aspects to the mind that are generally controlled, compartmentalized and subdued that the drugs releases in a form of chaos. I don't recommend anyone do it. It's basically inducing a form of insanity. But, I must say it made me pity and empathize with schizophrenics. Living like that way with no hope or way out must be tormenting. I imagine that's what the majority of homeless people experience due to mental illness.

That is called a bad trip then. This was a very good article explaining what is going on and it totally makes sense with my experiences... back in the day. That said, I'm not recommending it, you are probably better off not doing any drugs. However, they are looking at how they can harness it to help people with problems, perhaps this will feed them more perspective on issues and a little re-wiring. FWIW I think pot has similar traits to in alteration.

News Comments > Fable Legends Closed
2. Re: Fable Legends Closed Apr 13, 2016, 21:54 HorrorScope

" All stories have to end eventually, but the memories of Heroic triumphs and Villainous plots will last forever."

No game will have lasting memories like Fable Legends.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
25. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 13, 2016, 16:44 HorrorScope

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 05:58:
People ripping on controllers remind me of these kids back in the day who insisted on playing Quake with just the keyboard even though the world moved on to the m_filter zone.

Seriously folks, the paradigm has changed. Outside of competitive FPS and some mouse-bound genres, gamepads are mostly superior. You might rant and foam, but simple ergonomics do not care much for that.

I'm fine with each controller type has its beni's but no f'in way I'm going to say "gamepads are mostly superior", I'd say in some cases they are best and in many cases they are a secondary alternative. K/M dominates well outside of just competitive MPS. Then you have flight sticks and wheels which again are superior.... game pad jack off of all.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Crash Workaround
6. Re: Dark Souls III Crash Workaround Apr 13, 2016, 14:45 HorrorScope

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 12:52:
Glad I got the PS4 version this go around.

My youngest seems to get the new hottest games. For some reason we are blessed with excellent pc's. So i read the crash and burn reports online, I lean over and ask him "How's thing going?". Good. "Any crashes? How about around fires?" No crashes. "Performance?" Good, I had to drop two settings and it runs great. "How's the game?" It's more like DS1 and it's pretty tough, but it's good. "Carry on."

It pretty much goes like this with almost every game where there seems to be some outrage. I'm pretty confident our systems are pretty standard (Intel/NV), they are fairly clean due to practices and browser protection settings. Point is, sure there are some issues and some will have them, but a few voices can sound like the whole lot sometimes. OR we just have blessed PC's. I look forward to playing his copy (best part as dad) in the future.

The end.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 13, 2016, 11:22 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 10:54:
why the government goes through with this pretense anymore and simply doesn't come right out and say, 'All your data are belong to us!'

They should. To me it is the only sensible thing to do at this point, to re-calibrate us all so we can just move on.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 21:08 HorrorScope

Razumen wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 18:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 17:28:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 16:04:
O/T: I wish Steam would create an entirely separate client specifically for Greenlight programs and indie titles to fuck off to. This way I wouldn't have to be bombarded by rogue-like retro voxel-based simulators shitting all over the place.

Do this for Humble Bundle too.

They need more filtering for sure. How about today's Japanese hot chick story game that looks identical to yesterdays? If I could only state I never want to see anything like that again... uhm that would be great.

Drop it already, Valve has no interest (or capability) in curating Steam, and neither should they. Besides, you can get more than a good enough idea of good games on Steam anyways by following trusted curators or gaming sites.

Also, in your queue you can always mark games as not interested, thus affecting which ones show up later.

Drop it? I do go through quite often and click it, next page, not interested and click back. Why can they just give me a filter to not show certain type of games? You see that is what many bitch about much more than I do even... to much shit in their estimation being brought to our intention. So why can't we filter? Why do we have to see things we'll just say no to? I just find that these Jap Anime Girly games come out at about 1 per day. So every time I have to do there series of clicks. It's the whole idea on why filters are used the world round. It's obvious, no need to counter argument against it, I want the control for me, myself and Irene. Not doing it is not listening to your customer.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 17:28 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 16:04:
O/T: I wish Steam would create an entirely separate client specifically for Greenlight programs and indie titles to fuck off to. This way I wouldn't have to be bombarded by rogue-like retro voxel-based simulators shitting all over the place.

Do this for Humble Bundle too.

They need more filtering for sure. How about today's Japanese hot chick story game that looks identical to yesterdays? If I could only state I never want to see anything like that again... uhm that would be great.

News Comments > Ascent: The Space Game Early Access
4. Re: Ascent: The Space Game Early Access Apr 12, 2016, 17:26 HorrorScope

Right, hearing a ludicrous amount of systems tells me they really don't want a lot of people together and it is all about small instances, so they mask their tech with "mega huge world". 250 systems imo would be plenty.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Apr 11, 2016, 23:54 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 22:37:
The game had a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll learn from it and make this one into the game that TF1 should have been.

That's something lost here, that a team can learn and is simply better another time around. Doesn't guarantee success, but I'm willing to see what they have in store. What's the worst case? I buy another game out of 100?

News Comments > GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support
8. Re: GZ3Doom Oculus Rift Support Apr 11, 2016, 21:37 HorrorScope

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:53:
BobBob wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 19:43:
I'd be curious to see a Zork VR mod.

You made me think of having the System Shock 2 remake in VR. Talk about a "Killer app" literally!

disclaimer at the end of the commercial would take 15min.

There are a lot of possible great redo's. I'd love something like DDO or GW2 VR mode.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2016, 11:39 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 05:20:
Or maybe those mobile junkies can take a rest while they ride the bus/train

That is not for others to decide. Maybe those bothered should mind their p's and q's. A conversation to me is a conversation.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2016, 11:38 HorrorScope

You can talk amongst yourself during transit, not just into a phone.

The Signal God named Meglo

6031 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo