Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6130 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 12:25 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 11:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 10:52:
Smartphones are dying.

What comes around goes around.

Ha!

Except, y'know, when people say PC sales are dying, it's because they're declining as substitutes are rising rapidly. We don't have substitutes for smartphones.

It's all part of our insanity. It's all wall street based so only emerging markets count. It hardly cares about mature markets.

Someone somehow thought a $600 dollar device would be perpetually disposable every year and people would continue to flock to it? What case study were they basing that on? Like PC's, all tech once you get to a point you are satisfied, people are going to slow down upgrading and spend money at other more pressing needs.

It's still a wonderful market imo, a device you can't see a day at this time when people won't need it. Most people will upgrade every few years. Deal with those revenue numbers, they are still gaudy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 10:52 HorrorScope

Smartphones are dying.

What comes around goes around.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 5, 2016, 18:55 HorrorScope

Bopper wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:30:
Holy moly I am lucky here in Finland I have 350/20 Mbps and 4G wireless on the house (that I don't even use) for 30 Euros a month.

China and US are the worlds cattle albeit in different ways. Moo.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2016, 17:18 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:12:
DRA - Didn't read article...

But yes they still need weather forecasters. They are a huge source of fear spreading by the news, which is their major function and why I know snicker when the National Anthem ends with "and the home of the brave". Brave? lol This is a nation living in fear by way too many now.

America has always been about institutional paranoia. The US was talking about the "Red Menace" before it was an actual thing. Land of the Free, so long as you conform to those right-wing, christian, republican ideals. God help you if you're a misfit in any way. God help you if question war, the military (industrial complex) or don't support the troops with some goddamned ribbon because all of them are heroes doncha know even the ones who never even came close to seeing combat or a theater of war. Just look at all the open carry nutjobs. Everyone needs to carry around assault rifles because enemies are ev erywhere doncha know?!?!?! Why the hell else would so many Americans think they need to spend more money every year on military, intel, police, and prisons than the rest of the planet combined? Boogeymen are everywhere!!! Everyone is out to get America! Everyone!!!

Finds place to argue against... can not.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 14:14 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:01:
Dev wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 10:43:
Youtubers in top 10 for second week? heh

Shall we hunt them down and make America grate again?

I don't think grate means what you think it means.

I think it does.

http://i.imgur.com/4diPLkp.jpg

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 5, 2016, 13:41 HorrorScope

If Samsung can produce a SSD at that spec, just give me a 2TB SSD the size of a quarter for $200 already and be done with it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2016, 13:12 HorrorScope

DRA - Didn't read article...

But yes they still need weather forecasters. They are a huge source of fear spreading by the news, which is their major function and why I now snicker when the National Anthem ends with "and the home of the brave". Brave? lol This is a nation living in fear by way too many these days. Boo!

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2016, 17:17.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 5, 2016, 13:05 HorrorScope

Agreed. I haven't cut the cord, but having Netflix now and taking habits into a stream only world. Streaming adds up quickly and going past caps and then paying premiums in tiers... costly.

As said, the are trying to make it so there isn't a savings. Instead of a TV running in the background today for no additional cost, you don't do that in the future. Not saying end of world but it isn't as ideal/convenient.

If I were to have 2 tv's on 14 hours a day and converted that to 2 streams 14 hours a day. I believe that would be very expensive with data caps.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 13:01 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 10:43:
Youtubers in top 10 for second week? heh

Shall we hunt them down and make America grate again?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2016, 15:52 HorrorScope

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 04:06:
Gosh, who`d`ve thunk, back in the day, that "the future" will be ever so lame?

Is the counter for UPS and Fedex to create their own eTralier businesses? Since I guess actual retailers want to use non-professional services for delivery. A world of... "hey I see your in the neighborhood, would you like to". Sounds like a MMO to me!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 4, 2016, 11:42 HorrorScope

TheGenk wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 11:11:
"The era of artifical intelligence" Right,...
Might as well declare this "the era of flying cars" or "era of renewable energy" for all the accuracy contained in those statements.

If you insist on declaring an era, declare the era of gratuitously elaborate scripts.

The metric system in America era. The paperless era. The Johnny Football era.

Or is it more the digitizing the world era? Aka using devices to be able to pixelize our world, invisible to us, so devices can use it for positioning and basic if/then algorithms to do this or that with our new pixelized world? Because that seems more of what is going on. That isn't really the def. of AI we've been talking now for a long time.

But then again, CEO's are there to hype their stock up.

And then I actually start to read the article... lol:

"Artificial intelligence and machine learning will create computers so sophisticated and godlike that humans will need to implant “neural laces” in their brains to keep up, Tesla Motors TSLA and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk told a crowd of tech leaders this week."

And this is why I can sometimes see Trump's rednecks point of view. Like this is a world we are ready for? Who's asking for this from the populace? It's like these ceo's are playing dictator. I wonder if they have designs of ruling the world with few people and robots doing everything? Talk like that imo you can't really take it off the table since they first put it on the table like that. Perhaps it becomes national security issue. These are really bold and apocalyptic statements by business leaders.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2016, 13:08.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content
16. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 3, 2016, 01:32 HorrorScope

justice7 wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 16:18:
Have you guys actually played this game at all to any length? Taken yourself to alpha tribe status or perhaps engaged in a huge War in Ark?

Reading the comments here, clearly none of you have or this game would be seeing some major praise among the EA griping.

I've been waiting for release. I have a couple other EA games like this that I really like, but I don't like all the resets when every new version comes out and decided to wait now until release. I'm sure it's a lot of fun, I believe I even own it, just don't want to get wrapped up with something that can break server world saves etc

15. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 3, 2016, 01:30 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 15:45:
They keep adding content but the game runs like a fucking pig. I don't give a flying fuck how many dinosaurs they add when you can't even have the clouds going without losing 40fps.

Right and what is the defense? We'll it hasn't been optimized yet because it's in EA, those are the last things you focus on. But Happy Birthday everyone!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 11:21 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 22:15:
And that's a sensible and logical assessment of VR.

Because it fits your stubborn stance.

Yes for 2K and wanting to sell 10 million units the market isn't there.

But at this time there are people that do enjoy it, let them. The indies making the software and those enjoying it don't need 10 million in sales to be satisfied.

VR mainstream at the 2K sales level will take a few years, they can't even make enough for current demand. But with the Ps4.5 and xbone 1.5 coming out to better support VR, that will be a significant boost to player base size.

And as said, not all VR has to be room-scale.

News Comments > Steam Controller Report
7. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 2, 2016, 10:58 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 08:31:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 07:57:
GameStop has them down to $35. A friend of mine picked one up and the guy at the counter said that's the first one they've ever sold.

Damn, that's sad. I keep meaning to grab one...was hoping they did well for them.

Then again, how much pc stuff does GS sell these days?

Right. I got mine right through Steam. It's a very good controller and software.

1. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Turns One, Adds Content Jun 2, 2016, 10:53 HorrorScope

1 year of EA. It's like the stupid saying of having your cake and eating it to. They want to call it EA because it isn't done, but then want to celebrate as if it's been done for a year.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 21:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:35:
If it's really got 80% of the performance of a 1070, for nearly half the price, then that's a no-brainer. I need to see some actual benchmarks first though.
Which if true means the 1070 will come down in price as well. So now the benches just have to come in good. Then we can compare the other features each offer besides basic 3d performance.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 12:15 HorrorScope

Yeah, I haven't done AMD in a coon's age, but yeah if this delivers for that price... Waiting on benches.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: PS4 May 27, 2016, 19:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 27, 2016, 17:34:
"So instead of making you buy an add-on, we're just making you buy a whole new $400(?) console. WIN WIN AMIRITE?!"

Yeah, I mean, who WOULDN'T want to buy a new console every 2 years for $400(?) At least it takes away the last argument against PC gaming, that it's too expensive.

Meanwhile, 100+ million customers (over both consoles combined) are going "WTF? What happened to consoles lasting five years or more?"

But each gen then the whole architect was different so it was a rebuild of everything. Now they can upgrade parts and keep compatibility. IMO it's a major difference. We'll see with sales if it works or not. As I mentioned it has proven to work in other sectors amazingly well. IMO a lot of people flocked to the cost thing because it was a little win on their side, but even barely these days, it died off quite a bit. Many can easily afford a new box every 2-3 years though.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 27, 2016, 11:39 HorrorScope

Germany has an all inclusive endorsed window? Interesting.  

6130 Comments. 307 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo