Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7499 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > More on PUBG Versus Cheaters
7. Re: More on PUBG Versus Cheaters Feb 3, 2018, 20:32 HorrorScope

I get the player run servers, that is my preference as well. But then I don't play games like this on avg, but I know a big draw to this game is the masses are playing it, popularity and familiarity, like WOW. And if it were just player run servers it just wouldn't have the same mass draw, esp on our own servers.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer
7. Re: Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 21:08 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 16:24:
No giant dick (to attack and cut off) on the titan = no buy

Back to Conan for me...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 31, 2018, 18:34 HorrorScope

2025... Foldable will still be mentioned as this new thing coming, no really this time. Has it been a full decade of foldable promises now? It isn't like we are over here begging for foldable, it may be cool, but what has been shown is ehhh ok, so what.  

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
21. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 18:30 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 13:32:
You know what I find the most disconcerting (and I hate to bring it up because I loathe to start yet another political debate...so don't do it, that's not my point) is our President can be accused by what is it now? 18 different woman and have taped evidence and nothing is done yet something someone did in the 1970's is cause for concern? By that metric, just about all of us over the age of 35 are guilty of...something.

Stop this fucking rock, I wanna get off...

=-Rigs-=

This president gets away with so much I do wonder if he's that one guy.

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
20. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 18:29 HorrorScope

In the 70's? Times were different, not saying you can't be a creep or even be over the top wrong forwarding to today. But putting today's climate on something 40 years ago is all kinds of messed up to. Sexism is the only thing said there that is hitting the nerve, the other two lol. So what level of sexism? Do we have rape acquisitions towards Bushnell? If you don't have strong evidence or many coming forward you got nothing 40 years later. "He pinched my ass?", that shit was normal at one time and isn't a guaranteed thing the recipient was against."The guy made more",we still have that today. "The guy got the job", nothing for that time and not the hot topic now.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
27. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 20:12 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 12:47:
Yeah I typically build my first settlement legitimately, and then all others I just console command myself tons of shit.

Same. As for FO4 free weekend, that's late in the game.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2018, 22:03 HorrorScope

And without the camera, the homeowner goes on to say. UPS does a shitty all job delivering packages.  

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
20. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:57 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 21:33:
I'm also speechless that Spencer, that totally incompetent asshole, got promoted. That alone speaks volumes about Microshit's utter inability to take their gaming division into any sort of direction.

This. That guys face has to disappear. What has he done? He destroyed the Xbox with the Bone announcement debacle. Can't get in-house games done, all his shit has more fail in it than anything and he still parades on stages. Dude has no credibility and MS bosses above him have no idea, they don't listen the audience yelling.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
19. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:53 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 19:52:
Valve - GabeN - doesn't want or need MS. To suggest otherwise shows just how absurd that sort of speculation is to begin with. EA? Why not I could see the shareholders going for it. Who really cares apart from them?

MS should just abandon the Xbox already and focus on PC gaming. Like they should have been doing since day one. It just illustrates how they've never really "got" gaming. If they were serious they wouldn't need to acquire anyone.

Correct and if they were to focus on PC, Steam would be the jewel. MS should have been Steam all along. Man that would be the hardest blow ever to fans the day that would be announced. The Internets would crash.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
6. Re: Money Jan 29, 2018, 11:10 HorrorScope

ExGemini wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:50:
If there is money to make, big company will start to sue or dish out contracts for let's players.
We all know how things works nowdays.

Yep just a matter of time. Maybe someday we'll see the companies actually doing the streaming of their own content.

News Comments > PUBG Known Issues
16. Re: PUBG Known Issues Jan 28, 2018, 12:13 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 10:53:
The game is shit, people are braindead.

And it is still a game that people choose and enjoy, perspective. They aren't pouring mercury into the local water treatment center.

15. Re: PUBG Known Issues Jan 28, 2018, 12:10 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 00:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 23:54:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 17:33:
A friend of mine gifted me this game today.

While we too often criticize, another way games have become better... Gifting.

Huh? I could've sworn people have been buying games for other people for as long as the medium has existed, lol.

Not at this rate. Don't overthink it, digital and the ability to do it, has made it a much bigger thing amongst gaming buddies.

10. Re: PUBG Known Issues Jan 27, 2018, 23:54 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 17:33:
A friend of mine gifted me this game today.

While we too often criticize, another way games have become better... Gifting.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire in April; Preorders Begin Jan 26, 2018, 10:48 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 02:41:
I backed and really liked the first one after they finally released the GOTY. I did not back part 2 and won't be touching this one with a 10ft pole until there is a GOTY.

There were so many people who reported that the release version of PoE and the PoE GOTY were like a night & day difference, well, I feel truly sorry for the early adopters who will inevitably get a buggy and shitty experience due to Obshittian's overwhelming levels of competence.

I'm really looking forward to playing the v1.0 (GOTY) one fine day though. Everything they have shown so far has looked mighty good and the setting is pretty cool, too.
I hope they get those DLCs wrapped up soon-ish, bugs fixed, broken systems patched and then deliver the GOTY some time next year maybe...

Yep we'll have a better version and cheaper. I probably won't wait until GOY. But totally several patches and X dollars off. I wonder if they will bake a lot of iemod features into the game this time?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta
10. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond, Chapter One Beta Jan 26, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

As long as they keep developing ED, who knows where it will end? I have that one in the same type cat as EA games. Just sitting back and waiting for more dev work, even though I know there is a fair enough game there already. They've added a lot, adding more and no end in sight on developing. WIP.  

News Comments > Subnautica Surfaces
24. Re: Subnautica Surfaces Jan 25, 2018, 21:50 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 17:04:
Lord Tea wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 16:17:
Save it for later then. I've heard the VR experience is even cooler than the standard game.

I kind of disagree. I haven't played much of this, but my experience with it in VR was 1) it doesn't support motion controllers (Oculus Touch or Vive wands), it's gamepad only (or KBAM, I guess); 2) the level of "not optimized for VR" is such that the tutorial or objective text is floating just out of sight off the top of the screen -- you can just see the bottom edge of the text and if you turn your head to look up it just follows your head out of view. And I think it's been like that for more than a year; 3) there are no comfort options for movement. It's just the regular 2D controls, which gives a lot of people motion sickness. Other games fiddle with teleportation, blurring the edges during rotation, dash movement, and so on, but there's none of that here.

On the bright side, it looks nice and it's an actual game and not another a wave shooter. But by no means would I consider this a showcase VR experience or even notably superior to the standard game. I've read that the developer plans to go back and improve the VR support, so that's good.

The affect is amazing in VR if you can tolerate locomotion with low frames, I'm good, but I'm sure others won't be. This is a demanding game performance wise for VR, I get 45FPS with AWS enabled mostly.

But yes to the some things are off-screen and unreadable, why? The ipad, really? Could they put it more in your face? You go cross-eyed using it. But the #1 issue I have and I'm still playing it in VR... is there are two UI control options Gaze Look and Mouse Control. Only Gaze works for me as the mouse cursor doesn't show on the screen. The Gaze, is sort of like the off-screen text, too many things you got to look to far down usually (up sometimes to) to target what you want and that is very unnatural. Or trying to target something on the ipad with your crossed eyes. Actually little things in the UI that if cleaned up would really really help out. I play with k/m.

News Comments > Vampyr Video Diary
3. Re: Vampyr Video Diary Jan 25, 2018, 21:34 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 15:58:
Jagacademy wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 14:52:
This game is never coming out.

I'm coming out...I want the world to know....

We knew.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 25, 2018, 20:43 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 20:39:
Eating Tide pods is seriously fucked up.

I've been looking for something new to get into, love the suggestion!

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
10. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 01:55 HorrorScope

This is a cursed series, for every player, there is a wildly different expectation to meet. I guess that is what you get when every game is noticeably different than any other. I liked all 3 for different reasons, some only like 1 of the 3 for a specific reason or two.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 17:54 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 17:29:
It really makes me want to make an old school FPS where the actual, you know, community could create all this sort of shit for free.

You know that exists right? There are smaller houses that do it, which you'd be one to if you were to make one.

7499 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo