Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6681 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition
13. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 16:07 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:42:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:24:
So what exactly is this game? another DayZ clone? Rust? etc?

Yes it is a survival game, perhaps better than std indy offerings???

depends on how you define "better"..

as a AAA release, it will unquestionably have more available raw man hours to devote to development, from a larger talent pool with greater numbers of more skilled developers contributing, not only considering they are all professionals, but also in terms of previous experience and so forth

there are more resources in general available to the team, from a number of perspectives

whether or not this translates into more "fun" or more "success" is another matter entirely

however, I would say that for me it is the most appealing type of game in this genre I have seen so far... but then again I hate zombie games, and I love the classical "swords and sorcery" setting, including all the gratuitous blood, gore and T&A that goes along with it.. especially the Conan version in particular

although ultimately I doubt the public servers will be much fun for people who are unable to devote many hours per day to keeping their settlements and clans and so forth running in real time

thats why Im hoping the NPC and PVE oriented content will be as extensive as possible, which would be unlike any of the other offerings in this genre... that would be cool tho

Exactly that is why I put perhaps in it. What these games need is a fleshed out antagonists PVE system. Fortrest Craft looks like it may be one that does both well at this time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 13:42 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:24:
So what exactly is this game? another DayZ clone? Rust? etc?

Yes it is a survival game, perhaps better than std indy offerings???

6. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 13:41 HorrorScope

Skullguise wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 12:32:
Hopefully they learned from Age of Conan. The tutorial area was amazing and then after that... Well they seemed to stop their efforts there. It was like two different games.

This isn't a mmo.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2017, 12:00 HorrorScope

TFA to me was a good first time watch. But there is nothing exciting in it for me to have any repeated watches. Shit the original Independence Day has more rewatchability.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2017, 11:43 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 22:31:
The only thing that protected wages and created the middle class was collective bargaining. Unions created living wage jobs and held corporations accountable. That is what caused the boom of the middle class in America, not the mere existence of manufacturing jobs. Right-wing voters have given away their power to have living wage jobs at every turn for the last 60 years. It's hard to feel for them when they continually do this to themselves.

We don't need more minimum wage jobs and that is all we are going to get with this pipedream. It doesn't matter how many factories you bring back now, $7.25/hour is never going to raise a family. Trump and the new labor secretary obviously have no idea of improving that either.

Yep. He met with organized labor, heard it was a good meeting but didn't get any details. Yes Unions set a wage scale for us all. One part of of more jobs is more jobs mean less workers available, means companies competing for people, that is definitely a way to get better wages and benefits... usually. You take a more negative approach and could very well be right, but it is also possible if everyone is working and we need more, that breeds better wages. All part of how this is hard to predict how it actually all turns out.

And yes, people voted against there best interest in many ways. Why would avg joe not want leverage? Boggles my mind.

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2017, 11:38 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 22:20:
I'm not really concerned that games and consoles might go up in price. Basically everything we buy would go up in price tremendously. Tariffs are bad for consumers. IF (they won't) they somehow managed to bring any jobs back, you are talking about low-paying jobs people don't want anyway. Trump wants to move "iPhone" jobs here? Why would Americans want to slave in a factory for minimum wage? Trump's terrible ideas would raise the cost of living for everyone in the country without resulting in any pay increases or good jobs. His healthcare plans to scrap Obamacare or "let states choose what they do" will most likely raise healthcare costs another 25%+ on top of the increase this year. All of his plans to slash the federal government will result in a massive loss of jobs for contractors, and well-payed federal employees, some of the last "good" jobs around. His plans to force back doors into software and hardware will drive foreign investment and customers away from American products, resulting in even more lost jobs.

Trump has no idea how to run a country, and has zero knowledge of economics or trade policies. I hope the GOP stands in his way on these issues, or else this country is going to be in huge trouble.

Could be very well true. He drives me nuts, hate the mans character, but then ok perhaps a greater good thing with his actions. Some of his things he's kicking into action at least sound good at a certain level. But how does it play out long term? Yes I agree, we can get jobs back, but are they jobs people want? He'll say that is why we will be greatly cutting back welfare, they'll have to take the jobs. That will work on some, some will go crime. But then he's tripling down on local law and military.

This will be such a system shock, to me it seems risky, but I cannot say what he is proposing will be worse or better, it is so much to take in and how things affect the other, spider senses say caution, my cynicism says "maybe I've lost hope along the way", that real change is possible. So my current analysis is, "I hope you have it really bad", that way for you it is worth the risk. There are going to be many people almost certainly that will lose here as well, had something good and worthy and now that is gone.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2017, 11:23 HorrorScope

"Monitors lack regulation"

--Too Late

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2017, 11:18 HorrorScope

One of the reasons to feel bullish about VR is that MS is sitting it out! lol I love how they take this stance but the ole bar they used to peddle and totally oversell, was the future. It is as if they are pouting.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2017, 18:48 HorrorScope

Show me large scale success using turn the clock back tactics?

I feel what he's trying to do, I'm just not so sure the net results will be all that positive.

As for jobs coming back and being automated, that's ok, that is a good high skilled job setting up and keeping it up. Sure Redneck Bob still didn't get a job, just let the fucker drown in his sorrows, he was never going to be satisfied, he's just a bitch. But someone with a college degree just got a good job! Again, net results very much different than planned ones.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released
22. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released Jan 24, 2017, 18:03 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 17:16:
I don't know, I'm not a fan of the limited saves mechanic, simply because real life interrupts too often

Seems like real life is the true horror.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 11:51 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 11:39:
"people who listen to these 7 different news sources are morons, the 1 news source I listen to is the only one that isn't lying." Brain-dead stupid.

Good post overall, this one I do have a hard time believing 7 different companies in general have the same reports on issues each day. Ya know those that say "there are too many people associated to keep a conspiracy going?" on a particular conspiracy, this one would take the cake. 7 different companies (at the very least), 1000's of employees able to keep it going all this time. Perhaps a so-called liberal agenda is a realistic/encouraging one? To me it seems the 1 company that does something different is the one to look at as to why?

To think a person is stuck in a world where they believe one source as gospel and the rest of the world is basically against them, sounds like a possible mental state of mind issue, meds, old grumpies... The commercials they play on that station imo says something, many predatory.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
29. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 23, 2017, 18:46 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 18:03:
Yes, but this is a forum where people buy $500+ graphics cards and build $2000 computers.

For many and I mean most, there is little difference between a cheapass laptop vs one many more times the cost. But this isn't true for all. For the rest, they buy the top of the line TV.

Personally I can measure performance of a better card and laptop. 1080P on pretty much any current HDTV is looking good. Not to be confused with a bad hdtv or older hdtv's. I have a fairly pricey one and two cheapo's, the el cheapo's holds their own, no smear as you mention to speak of, sounds old tech or extra extra special cheap.

LOL on the lyrics, batting .000 recently.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 15:24 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 13:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 12:49:
Isn't the root cause the batteries are acceptable to fires?

Um... You mean "susceptible?"

LOL yes, it wasn't coming to me and I knew it. But oddly enough acceptable isn't all that far off.

26. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 23, 2017, 15:23 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 15:25:
But the TVs that have HDr aren't more expensive because of hdr. They're the flagship TVs. They have significantly better specs

I won't argue there aren't better TV's, but I think the Billy Joel song using the adage "You get the same mileage from a cheap pair of speakers". For many and I mean most, there is a little difference from a cheap ass TV vs one many more times the cost that they really care all that much about. Law of DimReturns.

25. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 23, 2017, 15:21 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 15:15:
Bleh, in any case, priced as it is today, HDR isn't going to sell, so the TV douchenozzle salesman who said that it has "universal appeal" is just full of shit. As he is pretty much every year.

Yep, but they'll get the whales to pay first then bring it down a fair chunk at a time, smart. This is how our VR needs to work as well to gain real acceptance.

104. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 15:17 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 09:21:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:
I hear "alternative facts" is their latest name for lies.

I reject reality and substitute my own.
Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

Obama was criticised too, when people thought it was deserved. You listed things that have little or nothing to do with him but he got criticised for actual things. If you don't know this, you have been in an echo chamber.

Yep. So many only see what they want. Yes Obama has been baptized daily on facebook for years, everything he did was wrong, lies and evil by the other side. If he said Sun rises in the east... they would have twisted it to be wrong in some manner. That is the ole Party First people that don't consider themselves party first (they are).

54. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 23, 2017, 15:13 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:51:
Right out of the gate the media is trying to paint a false narrative that he's completely unpopular, so unpopular that nobody showed up for his inauguration. It's the media that are acting childish in this case.

I didn't take it that way at all and watching non-fox outlets it wasn't a major point, but it was mentioned as a matter of fact in comparison. Typically bigger or smaller, it is said and forgotten, but the thin skinned one(s) get offended and that is the same person/group that says to others... stop being so offended all the time. Fucking mess.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Isn't the root cause the batteries are acceptable to fires?  

22. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 22, 2017, 14:44 HorrorScope

My getting into HDR I think will be a common way. One of my current TV's have failed and needs replaced. Hopefully by that time, HDR will be standard at next to no additional cost. So in general they would have got the same money from me either way, I'll get better quality at that time. But I'm not out today looking for better quality TV, satisfied in full with what I have and totally paid for.

HDR is a nice feature but not something I need to early retire what I currently have. 3D to me is/was the same way, came with my projector for free, I use it, however the negative is the loss of brightness. The tech at least on projectors came with one fairly sized negative, loss of vividness because of the shaded glass. That said, I still have some movies and their cool to watch, if I had no brightness loss at all, I'd be really satisfied.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
18. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:05:
It's funny how all these Trump supporters want everyone to suck it up, live with it, etc when they were denouncing Obama as a Muslim terrorist, or the root of all American problems, or just going for the "typical" blatantly racist stuff, nonstop, for 8 years.

I love to remind friends and family of this, they all want us to now sit in kumbaya, but they would never with Obama and every petty issue they somehow stuck to him. "Well it's because that was true", they say, eyes roll. They can't see a pattern if it was laying right in front of them, written "I'm a Pattern!"

6681 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo