Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6187 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 12:37 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 12:16:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:05:
The biker video seems surreal. Ok you have the merge issue, like that shit happens a lot even with cars and to be honest he swears way to much at a stranger, that right there is going to raise the I don't give a shit stakes for the recipient of such abuse.

But the part that doesn't seem real, he waves and goes over to a police officer and in just a matter of a few seconds, the cop buys in and is able to quickly stop the driver. Where I came from that would be minutes to explain and almost assuredly they wouldn't have done anything but say "we'll keep an eye out".

This guys says "I got on video a lady trying to run me over at the merge, I got in on video"... Cop "Ok follow me". I don't think I've seen a cop be so attentive but also just so gullible to a citizens request, unless this is a biker sting going on with the cops.

Nothing gullible about it, the cop is following up on a complaint like he's supposed to. Not the worst merge I've ever seen or experienced, but it was clear who had the right of way. Maybe the lady wasn't initially paying attention, but she sure as didn't give a shit when it became obvious.

This is just good police work. Fuck that bitch.. I would be losing it too if I was him.. she tried really hard to push the biker out

Boarding unbelievable work, to react so quickly and with so little data.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 12:36 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 11:05:
The biker video seems surreal. Ok you have the merge issue, like that shit happens a lot even with cars and to be honest he swears way to much at a stranger, that right there is going to raise the I don't give a shit stakes for the recipient of such abuse.

But the part that doesn't seem real, he waves and goes over to a police officer and in just a matter of a few seconds, the cop buys in and is able to quickly stop the driver. Where I came from that would be minutes to explain and almost assuredly they wouldn't have done anything but say "we'll keep an eye out".

This guys says "I got on video a lady trying to run me over at the merge, I got in on video"... Cop "Ok follow me". I don't think I've seen a cop be so attentive but also just so gullible to a citizens request, unless this is a biker sting going on with the cops.

Nothing gullible about it, the cop is following up on a complaint like he's supposed to. Not the worst merge I've ever seen or experienced, but it was clear who had the right of way. Maybe the lady wasn't initially paying attention, but she sure as didn't give a shit when it became obvious.

I just have never seen a cop respond so perky. Verbatim...

Biker pulls up to cop in lot.
"She tried to run me out of the lane at the merge, I have it on video"
Cop
"Come up behind me"
Biker
"Yup"

And just goes right on through, traffic is nicely spaced as it should, I'm not even sure the sirens are on, that in itself from where I'm from is a small miracle, someone would be trying to pass me if I got over that fast.

Cop seemingly has a good idea, fly's through the first several cars and really he doesn't know who it is at this time. Then slows down when he is very near, like he does know.

Then the biker states:
"That one" and points. Like the cop could hear him. But the cop totally was on point again.

It just seems like the whole thing was extremely ideal like it was staged for a class style movie.

It is most likely real, I just haven't seen such responsiveness and perfection. I would go to a cop in the lot and it would be minutes before they would take action explaining myself, perhaps putting myself in line for some kind of ticket, by that time the driver would be long gone. We get a lot of "We'll keep our eye's open".

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 30, 2016, 11:56 HorrorScope

yuastnav wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 02:33:
I wonder why people keep saying that. There is absolutely no indication that artificial intelligences would want to take over humanity, this is all speculation.

If it were truly AI, it would quickly come to the conclusion we are all off our rockers and just put us out of our misery, for the greater good.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 11:05 HorrorScope

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
25. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 22:33 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 21:59:

People worry too much about fan noise. IMO. Minor gripe.

Tell that to my 970 that sounds like a fuckin jet engine.

If one wears a headset, one should never hear their graphics card. When not gaming and no volume pumped into your headset, the fans should decline proportionately in this case to inaudible ranges. When gaming fans should ramp up to 100%, but the game sound should easily drown out the increased volume of the card.

The 970 I thought in general was a very quite card overall, perhaps certain offerings better than others.

22. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 20:22 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:59:
As for the 1060, I've heard rumors that it might be a 3/6GB card and fit in the $250/300 ballpark range but those are only rumors. I am curious but do you have a source for your information in regards to how it compares to the 970? I've seen folks theory out the numbers but even those aren't set in stone and likely came from the same rumor mill.

Re-occurring history. What I'm looking at is 1080 and 1070 performance. Like I can look at 980-970-960, like I can look at 780-770-760 and so on. The 960 though was a bit of a disappointment.

Now the 480 is not bad on price/performance at all, in fact it is quite good, at the very least currently there is a market at $225. But I don't think that is the target market I'm focusing on right now, I need the raw power again.

Some are saying things like this though: (Haven't had AMD HW for a while now)

My problem is this, about year and a half ago I purchases a R9 290X powercolor turboduo on newegg for about 230-240 after mir. You are telling me the best AMD could come up with in 2 years is a similar performance card for $40 cheaper? Oh and it uses less wattage? Whoopdeedoo, almost everyone that games has at least a 600+ watt psu anyways.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 20:37.

21. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 20:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:57:
Right now $200 or $230 is a pretty good price for just above GTX970 performance, though I'm worried about the fan noise.

Hopefully we'll see a Twin Frozr version of this card. If we do, I'm pretty interested in it, since I currently game at 1080p anyway.

What are you expecting out of a 1060?

15. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 15:42 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 13:05:
I'm not sure what those who are bagging on the 480 were expecting as it was never advertised as being even comparable to a 1070 for single card usage.

You mean the hype by general AMD fanboys were telling us to wait for? Imo the 480 to be killer had to fall in-between a 970 and 1070, not a 1070. The 1060 is most likely going to take this out easily, because it's going to take out a 970.

It's not bad for the value as you mention but it won't have this $200 segment completely locked down like some were starting to see, NVidia will challenge. You are right for certain groups of people this is fine. But being more of a hardcore site and a new tech that needs everything it can get, this card doesn't really do anything at all for that group.

EVGA yeah not a big fan of, they were one of the early one's to garner a lot of praise and deserved. Imo and it's been this for many years now, they are living off past glories, not bad, but very avg., but many have just never re-calibrated where EVGA sits vs the field.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 15:47.

4. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 11:33 HorrorScope

Yeah the 480 benches were a hot commodity many were waiting for.

Reviewing this it seems a 1060 will be a bit more powerful than the 480, so I'd have to see what price the 1060 comes in at. I think it perhaps settled me in on a 1070. This just isn't enough horses for 2016 moving forward.

I'll have to review all those articles more, but a lot of those are imo shit. No where near the data I'd think someone would want for comparisons sake. And in general Bench articles since the 1080 has been released have been weak. Where are VR benches with these new cards? We need to know if we are getting our 90 FPS in VR games, etc.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 29, 2016, 11:24 HorrorScope

Yeah, yeah, high severity bugs all over the landscape, from everyone.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2016, 11:04 HorrorScope

Wasn't planning on being impressed, was impressed.

The tilt alone looks great as just a simple feature. If the software they have is good enough to mold to games already released and moving forward, then it doesn't matter if it is a hit or not for 1rst party support, that could be the deal maker/breaker for me. Will keep an eye out on this one.

As for relearning muscle memory, I've done that many of times over the year with various mice already, esp. those with many side buttons, no big.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 29, 2016, 10:33 HorrorScope

So how much do they make on an Elite? Has to be a bundle, probably their biggest xbox hw success ever. $150 for a gamepad, seeesh.  

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
56. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 18:57 HorrorScope

Regional pricing isn't a Steam thing.
It is directed by the publishers.
Which in turn are directed by tariffs and such.
It is the world we live in for most products.
Now can someone buck that trend? Yes. In some cases it would cost them due to taxes, in other countries perhaps not so much.
But this isn't so much a gaming thing as real world commerce between different countries kind of thing.

News Comments > Godus Dead?
4. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:47 HorrorScope

If anyone is working on it they are making a financial mistake. That is now a cut your losses and on to the next. There is no chance that this will become some type of big seller all of a sudden.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 17:47 HorrorScope

All said and done, we are shortly coming up to D-Day. Win 10 is most likely inevitable for many of us at some point. So do you upgrade and take the free upgrade? Or do you push your luck and hope they extend the free offer? We haven't heard a peep about what happens in August with Win 10 the cost, free offer extension, have be?

There was some smarts waiting near the end just to get as many kinks out as possible before upgrading. But I have to think for many of us, upgrading to 10 by end of July might be the smart money saving move. Like it or not and there is plenty to question about Win10, but unless you are going to another OS... chances are somewhere in time you are going to end up here. I have 4 pc's, I like saving money.

News Comments > System Shock Specs
13. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 17:41 HorrorScope

Since the demo is coming out today which I didn't know, perhaps this is the optimized specs for the state of the current demo.  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 12:33 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:46:
Microsoft has clearly learned that its ambition to have one billion machines running Windows 10 isn't worth losing the trust of its customers over.

Have they though? I would propose that they have not learned that lesson. Them backing off slightly on the aggressiveness of the campaign is probably because the lawyers convinced the executives they could be libel for the damages a forced upgrade can cause. I'm honestly surprised there have not been more suits, or maybe there are and MS is asking people to be quite as part of a settlement.

Yep that was the zinger comment in that article. MS really needs new people in some key areas and/or their legal team needs to back off a bit. I mention the last part as my companies legal team creates a lot of issues themselves and have managed to make any semi-major and above decision one that must pass their desks for approval.

News Comments > System Shock Specs
5. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 12:24 HorrorScope

I'd go for it's hard to believe those specs, my spider senses tell me it is well overstating the minimum. I'll bet a 560 (and most likely below that even) with 4 gigs plays it and if it doesn't they are really limiting their audience.  

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2016, 22:51 HorrorScope

Are they going to have a much better UI and lots of skills I can use at my finger tip? Building a whole new game, I'd want to improve on the current games weakness.  

11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 27, 2016, 22:48 HorrorScope

ventry wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 20:49:
For the last 3 months I have been doing an experiment. I have 8 machines set up in the back of my workshop. 4 laptops and 4 desktops.
All with varying CPU's, ram, etc. With a mix of Win 7 installs. (Basic, Home Prem, Pro and Ultimate) Mix of x86 and x64.
All conected to the net, all updated fully and set for "automatic update".
Each and every weekday i turn on these machines and each and every weekday I click the 'x' on the Win 10 nagbox when it appears.
103 days and counting there has been NO automatic updating to Win10.
That is 824 turn-ons and nagbox 'x' clicks. (<--- Whoops my bad. minus weekends)
I fully believe that this phenomenon is down to peoples sloppy mouse pointer use. (especially where laptop mouse pads are concerned).
i.e getting the nagbox rather than the 'x' to close it.
This also doesn't include the win7 machines I have for sale in the shop also connected to the net.

I don't know if any of us can really set up a fair enough testing lab to say really. I do have a number of customers that have sworn they didn't do anything and over-night were upgraded. There are articles about the same behavior. But beyond that since MS says total jack shit about any of this, I'm not going to let them off scotch free. They can easily come out and tell us how this all works and if it can't do what you think, explain to us why not. But they've been totally silent about this, so I'm going to take customers, articles and MS silence as proof enough.

6187 Comments. 310 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo