Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2016, 00:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 00:21:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 12:12:
Windows 7 updating with it's previous 100's of updates has always worked fine until just recently.

It takes FOREVER though. Every new PC we image with Win7 at work then has to sit there "checking for updates" for like 2 - 3 hours (some of them have to sit overnight) just because of the ridiculous number of updates that it has to check for.

Rolling them all into one would cut that time frame enormously.

On the flipside, I do agree that MS is most likely doing this so you can no longer choose NOT to install its spyware updates.

Why wouldn't you image after one has all the updates?

Also just to report, Disabling just the Windows Update seemed to be an issue like you mentioned. It would change it. However a little more digging turning off the BITS server service and Windows Update service, approaching a week on 3 units and neither has change the state yet from Disabled. My 3 units do not have AU applied to them at this time.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2016, 12:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs
23. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 23:53 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 23:31:
Any words if these fix the DPC latency and stutter issues people are having?

Beyond that of the hot-fix?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 16, 2016, 22:28 HorrorScope

Click the link they aren't XOTIC laptop's but brands you've heard of including ASUS.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2016, 21:44 HorrorScope

I get your point but it is taking them on a scavenger hunt and obviously they aren't able to clearly understand how to get to point B. So since the people can't handle it, we just let this go on? My guess is they will need to add something to show them a proper path and not through peoples yards. I would have a large problem with this at my residence and I'm like a hermit.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2016, 20:31 HorrorScope

They have a strong point on how people are coming on to their property period, let alone all hours of the day.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 16, 2016, 20:08 HorrorScope

Ok there's a shitload of laptops one can buy with the new boards:

http://tinyurl.com/hzyavwu

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 19:34 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 18:56:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 18:45:
Go back in my posts and I called the MP portion of the game as bullshit from day one. I'll say it again, anything like this is about metrics. They want to datamine the shit out of it like Blizzard does to see what particular carrot keeps the mule moving forward the longest. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a psychologist on board for this game - as Blizzard does for their titles. Look at the achievements in this game, shallow and completely meaningless yet they come at a constant rate to give the illusions of progress. This game is a sandbox without any toys in it. In which case I'd rather just go to tbe beach and lay in the sand for free.

Point taken and rejected. I not sure what you're doing other trying to convince me to hate the game, which it won't.

Me: I'm having a blast.
You: No, you're not. You hate this game.
Me: Actually, I don't. I quite like it.
You: No you don't! You don't know what you like. That's why I'm here to tell you.
Me: Please don't.

I know, he has some points, but repeated too often and he ignores those that like the game, because face it everyone thinks it sucks and has been returned for a refund. I mean as much as he disliked it prior and since... he still actually bought it for $60. I have very little against the game other than cost and some polishing and I have yet to buy it. Go figure that shit out.

This game had so much info out about it that anyone either knew it didn't have MP or knew at best is was highly questionable, or was careless. All one had to do was wait a single day after release to know the answer for absolute certainty. Damn it's like a game gets singled out for who really knows why, yeah it was the darling of an E3, but that was a long time ago, it was obvious a year easily before release we best hedge against over-hyping it, I don't know how anyone couldn't see that, so you proceed with caution, nothing more.

There are many survival games out to choose from and here comes another, yipee. I'm not sure if any are even completed in full yet.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2016, 19:40.

21. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 19:32 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 18:59:
Looks can be deceiving, its impressive but its all about the throttling with mobile shit. Definitely wait and see for me.

I'm the king of wait and see and I agree with you, but I'm thinking this might be good... but also not buying yet. I only see one for sale at NewEgg ATM for $2k.

19. Re: New GeForce Drivers & Mobile GPUs Aug 16, 2016, 18:37 HorrorScope

I'm coming away pretty impressed with the notebook versions of their cards. Looks to be a great gen for laptop gaming.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
30. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 16, 2016, 11:24 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 04:54:
007Bistromath wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 18:19:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 16:11:
I think you're underestimating how much it costs to make a AAA 3D FPS/RPG. Here's a clue: significantly more than it costs to make a city-builder or 4X strategy game.
They don't cost that much, it's just that most AAA publishers are rabid about using those easy selling genres to step on their competitors' dicks. So, they budget that much, with a completely ludicrous amount of that budget going to marketing. Paradox tends to be a bit more sensible. Bloodlines is a niche product and will be marketed like one if they have any sense.

All the more reason to not make a 3D FPS/RPG. If you make a first-person game, customers will compare you to other first-person games, including AAA shooters. If you make a 2D, isometric RPG, you'll be compared to other 2D, isometric RPGs and that's a far more feasible bar for a small publisher to attain.

And a AAA FPS/RPG like DX: Mankind Divided most certainly costs at least $50 million just for development alone. We're talking about a multiplatform, fully-voiced, 40+ hour 3D hybrid action/stealth/RPG with large, open-ended levels, a wide variety of environments and interactive NPCs, side-missions with multiple solutions, branching storylines, multiple viable playstyles, both first- and third-person cameras, dialogue trees, cutscenes, etc, that's been in development for about 5 years. Marketing is usually at least double the development cost so I'm pretty sure the total budget for DX:MD is at least $100 million.

Seriously, AAA development is expensive. We're talking about teams of anywhere from 50-300 people working for years. If the average developer salary is $80k and you also have to pay for insurance and other benefits, coupled with the overhead associated with maintaining the studio, it adds up pretty quickly.

IMO those are things they can figure out, but if you do a ISO game then you are talking Vampire Redemption remake. They are purposely mentioning Vampire Bloodlines so to me they know quite well what it is and what would be expected. Whatever costs associated I have to assume they have taken that into account prior to asking "how badly do you want a Bloodlines game?".

26. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 15, 2016, 18:56 HorrorScope

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 16:14:
Isn't this the game where devs dropped the ball or went bankrupt so indies were making patches etc?

Was either playing UT or MW4 like a madman and never got to play Vampire. Remember reading tons about the game and itching to play it..then things get blurry

This was the game that got robbed because HL2 was delayed, they were done with the game many months prior to release but they had to wait for HL2 to come out and it was delayed. Valve wouldn't allow the first Source 2 engine game not be HL2. They were in desperate need of money and timing crushed them. I can't recall if they went belly up prior to release even, if not soon afterward. It was a team spun off from Interplay.

To me this was one of the high water marks in gaming and it also shows me "the suits" just can't see it and really don't know where to take gaming. At the time it was really above the common grade and the industry should have recognized what was done here and carried it on through.

It has two of the best quests ever, the Haunted House and the Psychiatrist place. If one hasn't played it, I'd recommend doing so, still worth it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 11:30 HorrorScope

Space Engineers...

But about it not being what we thought, or not done etc, this game had so much media attention on a national level even and someone bought it first day to be surprised of what it isn't? I mean somewhere this has to fall on the buyers hand. You could have waited a whole day and watched a 30 minute stream if one was somehow clueless at that point of what the game is.

Same as it will be for Star Citizen, if/when released any person that is surprised by the overall game will have lived under a rock or gives no fucks on any type of game related news. That to, will be on the buyer, that is the uniformed world they've decided to live in.

20. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 23:27 HorrorScope

Slashman wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 23:18:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 15:29:
If they do make a sequel, it will probably be a 2D, isometric affair (which I'm perfectly fine with). I don't think Paradox has the money to make a 3D, FPS RPG hybrid.

Cities Skylines? Stellaris? They must be really hurting for cash...

Talk about a company that really had to sludge through years of low quality releases before they really started to have big success. Good for them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 14, 2016, 22:13 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 22:02:
I used to not like controllers until Witcher 3 (& Rocket League) pretty much forced me to get one. For No Man's Sky, the PC controls are terrible, no doubt about it. But, with a controller this game is a lot more fun to play. Haven't looked back, that is just the way the game way designed and definitely feels right.

Of all the things I've heard, other than the price, this is a reason why I wouldn't get it. If you have a 1rst person game on a pc and the k/m part of it isn't any good, you simply haven't even tried.

As for Witcher 3, I easily played it with a k/m.

17. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 22:11 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 20:51:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 20:42:
What??? 2D isometric game? Witcher-like? You guys are crazy. VTMB was amazing because it was what it was. Sure, some elements can be translated into other types of games, but you'll lose the sum of its parts. One thing's for certain: it needs to be first person. Being somewhat linear is also pretty important. Maybe if they make a successful sequel they can start thinking about making it open world or changing some aspects of the game. I liked all the Witcher games, but nowhere near as much as VTMB.

Yeah, I agree. The overall structure and presentation of VTMB was a large part of why it worked despite all its technical and production value shortcomings. Trying to make an isometric RPG or some non-linear sandbox game would just poop all over it.

It would be a reverse Fallout.

11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 17:03 HorrorScope

We've got most of the games that should have sequels, get their sequels now. This is definitely a game that deserves a sequel. I'm amazed it has been ignored for so long. But it has to be of the same style and quality. The original still has some of the best memorable missions I've ever played.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2016, 12:37 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 14:10:
"Airline carriers make massive record profits, and struggle with aging technology."

Well, I guess we know where those massive record profits are coming from.

It is crazy the money some airlines are making now, it's so much more than at anytime in their history, even the golden age of flight travel. So what do they do? Keep prices overly high when fuel has come down, fit more seats in a cabin, charge us for bags or anything they can dream up and do everything they can imagine not to give their people money. Good to see American has finally settled on a contract though, the people in the biz have been getting it in the shorts for a crazy long time as if the crash that happened now a long time ago is still in full affect. It isn't, it's their brightest days they've ever had.

As to the article with a new or old system...there will still be outages, because things break, news at 11 and as we probably know, there is a solid change the old stuff is more reliable than anything they'll put in there.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
67. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 17:32 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 17:14:
Between official DLC and modders, in 2 years this game will be awesome.

That's what I'm awaiting to see and have the time.

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
17. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 17:31 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 17:26:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 14:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:32:
Well we know who he's voting for.

Yeah, the queen of lies and flip flopping.

Trump cross dresses? That explains a lot actually.

Here's a chart of all the candidates, and how much they tell the truth. Opposite ends of the spectrum. Trump is basically a pathological liar. Objectively.

It isn't about lying, shit politicians been lying since the first politicians... B.C. If one is still all bunched up over that fact, well I guess they aren't capable of learning and retaining.

This reference isn't towards lying, it is in reference to saying or typing something and then telling us how we comprehended it all wrong. So we go back to the source, reread or listen again but still come away with our original comprehension no matter what said person tries to tell us afterward.

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
10. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 13, 2016, 14:00 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 13:49:
Next thing you know they will be going back on their word about releasing the game on Steam and Win 7.

Site needs a like button.

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo